New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: DrK's Age of Worms IC pt3

Taliesn

For someon who teleport naturally, it's always a little unsettling when someone else teleports you, even more so when you end up wrapped in frog tongue. Taliesn catches a quick glimpse of the battered Mirriana, GoatTracker, and Zarina. Not bad – for a toad, but I notice you weren't able to knock anyone down.

He flexes his muscles against the grip and lashes out with all four claws, trying to cut what he can.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action: shift all essentia back into landshark boots, DR 2/magic.
    Full action attack:
    claw - (1d20+18)[32] damage - (2d6+9)[15]
    claw - (1d20+18)[32] damage - (2d6+9)[15]
    claw - (1d20+18)[19] damage - (2d6+9)[19]
    claw - (1d20+18)[28] damage - (2d6+9)[18]
    To hit mods: +6 (Str 22 while large), +3 essentia, +1 Bless, +2 Recitation, +7 BAB, -1 Size?
    Damage mods: +6 Str, +3 essentia

EDIT: Oops! Forgot the -4 for grappled.

Have I pointed out yet that, if I can ever get the Arm Chakra opened, I can double my claw damage (including bonuses) as long as at least two claws hit? I'm really looking forward to that day.
    Last edited by Stegyre; 2016-09-25 at 05:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    history's worst MLP cosplay.
    Custom Class

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Things quickly went from tenuous to ugly in a hurry. Frustrated at his poor marksmanship, Alan moved quickly, setting up within close range and loosed another volley of arrows. He had to keep up the onslaught, or this would be over very quickly.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Swift action to move w/in 30' then full around to attack.

Attack 1 - (1d20+13)[28], Damage - (1d6+2)[3], Skirmish - (4d6)[13] = 16
    Attack 2 - (1d20+8)[18], Damage - (1d6+2)[4], Skirmish - (4d6)[14] = 18
    Rapid shot - (1d20+13)[30], Damage - (1d6+2)[6], Skirmish - (4d6)[17] = 23

Status
    HPs: 65; AC: 27
    F +8, R +11, W +6
    Spells: sniper shot, remove scent
    Effects: no scent (20 rounds), Energy Resistance (Cold; 778 rounds); Shield of Faith (+3 AC [deflection]; 59 rounds); Bless (+1att/save vs fear [morale]; 57 rounds); Darkvision (1hr); Travel devotion (gain 1 move action as swift per round; 8 rnds); improved skirmish (+4d6 dam, +4 AC, 1 rnd)
    Last edited by Starbin; 2016-09-25 at 09:53 PM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana

I gasp as the flailing tentacles crush the breath out of me and then ensnare me. I struggle fruitlessly for a few moments until it becomes clear that I won't be able to free myself, whereupon I twist suddenly to use the leverage of the tentacles to plant an armoured boot in the stupid creature's face.

Spoiler
    Show

Tactical Strike: (1d20+10)[27][+7 BaB, +1 Bless, +5 STR, -4 Grappled, +1 furious counterstrike]
    Damage(1d4+5)[8](2d6)[6] = 14
    If hits free 5-ft step to allies adjacent to foe

Manoeuvres next round:
    (9d5)[3][5][4][3][1][1][3][5][2](27)
    HP 26/86
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2016-09-26 at 05:46 AM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs down Re: DrK's Age of Worms IC pt3

Goattracker

The goliath struggles to free himself but finds the beast's grip far too firm. This fact angers and enrages the already foaming-at-the-mouth berserker! Calling upon the Kavaki, the Goliath tries to rip himself free with the might of a RAM-LORD!

Spoiler
    Show
    While grappled, you cannot attack with a non-light weapon or a natural weapon. To draw a light weapon you must make an opposed grapple check.

I could attack with my boot but I don't have fancy maneuvers like Mir does.

So my options are:

- Attack with my boot for - maybe - 11 damage max.
    - Drop Skullfinder, win a grapple check, draw cloudseeker (light mace), make an attack with a -4 penalty, deal 1d8+8 damage
    - Go for broke and try to break free.

I feel like I should just go for broke and try to break free. If I fail, eh, not a big deal. I will probably die. If I succeed, it means I can full attack next turn with Skullfinder!

Grapple Check. BAB + STR + Size (yay Goliath!)

7 + 8 + 4 = 19!

(1d20+19)[26] Well that sucked. #GoodByeOldFriend #HelloGnomeCleric

Side note: Super regretting using the Strength Domain earlier in the battle now.

Last edited by Felhammer; 2016-09-26 at 12:54 PM.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

5. - Top - End - #215
    Firbolg in the Playground

Merrick

Wincing at the carnage wrought onto his friends, Merrick readies him familiar -and thus a part of his own self- to trade places with either who may not fall dead.

"May Grumbar forgive me, my dear friend. We cannot lose."

Muddy says nothing, his thoughts his own.

Spoiler: Ready
    Show
    Once his turn, swap Muddy with with Mir or Goatt, whichever still has +HP.
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2016-09-26 at 04:45 PM.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

The beast was brutal. Horrific and brutal beyond expectations as it grabbed Mirriana, Goat and Zarina crushing them painfully. Things shifted as Tal suddenly traded with Zarina, the beast squeezing hard as the shifter clawed manically at the rubbery flesh shredding it.

Mirriana kicked out hard burying her armoured boot in the beasts limbs as it raised her off the ground. Goat ensnared in two tentacles was unable to move, the rings of rubbery flesh constricting painfully.

On the field there is a sizzling zap and and an orb of crackling lightning flies from the wizard's hand. Absorbing power of Amon's hate it hits with huge force leaving the froghemoth twitching from the crackling electricity. Seeing it stunned Lan and Zarina strike, arrows plunging into its flank seeking it's heart before Zarina strikes twice, the first blow as she wades into the beast's face through thrashing tentacles a massive ckeaving blow that hacks off the triplex eyes and buries itself in the creatures primitive aberrant mind!

Tentacles unwund and drop their prey as the beast patches back twitching and dying on the sand in a pool of bloody ichor. After a stunned moment at the speed of the fight the crowd leap to their feet cheering loudly like a solid walk of noise. Raknian throwing down his glass in disgust at the outcome of the battle.

Standing amidst the blood and rubbery tentacles Zarina looks about, limping slightly "By the gods" she gasps, ",Thanks you Merrick, if it weren't for you that thing would have swallowed me. What madness made you trade places with me Tal."
    As she looks at the corpse she spies the arrows in its chest and nods and smiles at Lan.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Taliesn

Taliesn takes a few moments to lay paws on his injured comrades.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heal 11 HP, anyone who needs it. Heal another 11 HP each hour, as this ability re-sets.

Have the legs roasted, please, he broadcasts to the guards. Lord Raknian, I trust you will join us for our victory feast.
    Custom Class

8. - Top - End - #218

Merrick

"Well. I guess I will not be sacrificing you for the greater good today, Muddy. What happy news."

The earth elemental remains impassive.

As the crowd cheers, Merrick grant the blessing of Buer onto his companions.

Spoiler: 1 HP a round, step right up!
    Show
    So just be patient and we're all good as new.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana

I raise my sword high in victory, imbuing it with a light spell so that it shines even brighter. Inside my emotions are in turmoil - elation and relief at our victory war with barely damped fury at Raknian's patent cheating. It offends my sense of justice, and I fantasize about hurling my sword at him in defiance. IS THAT THE BEST YOU'VE GOT?!

Momentarily I collect myself enough to check on my team.

"A vicious match," I comment. "Not the sort of fight I would choose, but well fought everyone. Goattracker, your blows were mighty. Lan, good shooting. Merrick and Tal, that switch was inspired. And Zarina! Your finishing blow was perfect!" I clap each of my teammates on the back in turn.

"Come, let's go and rub our victory in his face."

As we line up for the victory presentation I seek out Celeste in the crowd, my eyes softening with fondness and I momentarily share a relieved smile just for her - yes, this battle had me worried and I'm glad we're all okay!

Tal can probably hear that because he hears everything, but I'm not intentionally broadcasting it.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Goat

The goliath is dropped to the ground as the frog monster dies. Goat falls to his knees, breathing heavily. The barbarian allows his rage to fade. Goat then invokes the power of Kavaki to stitch his wounds.

Spoiler
    Show
    CSW: (3d8+7)[19]

DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Moving to gather his arrows, Lan pulled out a knife and cut free anything that looked like a good trophy, ignoring the roar of the crowd or the elation that everyone else seemed to be feeling. He nodded to Zarina and the others, but this wasn't about the glory or excitement of the arena - this was life and death, not some stupid game. And yet, they were constantly playing Raknian's game ... and they almost lost! He kept one eye on the bastich, waiting for their opportunity to depart the arena.

And waiting for the inevitable betrayal that was soon to be coming ...

Show
    Grab a trophy, follow the others out. I'll update spells once we're sure nothing else is jumping out :)

Status
    F +8, R +11, W +6
    Effects: no scent (20 rounds), Energy Resistance (Cold; 778 rounds); Shield of Faith (+3 AC [deflection]; 59 rounds); Bless (+1att/save vs fear [morale]; 57 rounds); Darkvision (1hr); Travel devotion (gain 1 move action as swift per round; 8 rnds); improved skirmish (+4d6 dam, +4 AC, 1 rnd)

12. - Top - End - #222

Merrick

Mostly unscathed, Merrick steps forth to accept the adulation. Once Amon's vestige gets over himself and returns to Merrick, he lets out a jet of white-hot flame 50 feet high.

Give them a show. Make them think we were hardly inconvenienced. Then let us get that Lul Gijak-Ishi Bozal once and for all!

He didn't speak orcish, but he loved its curses.

He spreads his arms to accept the cheers, blowing gouts of flame like a dancing fountain.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

At the flames and weapons displayed the crowd cheer again, happy at the slaughter and the battered forms of the Champions who look worse for wear. Talabir raises his hands "Congratulations. You have been victorious in a most impressive manner!". Once more the crowd cheer.

"Tomorrow you face the Leatherworks. The winners to be declared Champions if the arena games and greatest warriors of the Free City!" At the statement the crowd cheer once more. He turns and motions Raknian to rise. "Lord Raknian will present them with the prize today, the silver dragon trophy."

Even as he finishes there is a dull thunk as a 3ft long silver trophy is hurled to the sand by the irate Raknian where the crowd break out into boos and cat calls unimpressed by the bad sportsmanship. Raknian cares not as he strides out of sight. Amidst the noise and chaos you are led back below to the Coenby. Auric nodding as he whispers to Khellek. All of the guards nod to you.

Zarina breathes a sigh of relief, and thanks Merrick as Buers magics heal the wounds from the bite over the course of a few minutes. Her face blushing slightly as Merrick essentially holds her waist for 3 long minutes. Zarina looks around, "What now?"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

I lift the trophy from the sand to display it for the crowd, and then lead the others back down to the Coenby. What now?

"I think I'd like to have a word with the Leatherworks," I say.

"Merrick, you're good with words. Would you join me please?" I ask as I approach them.

15. - Top - End - #225

Merrick

"We can try, Mirriana. Though I suspect we'll meet resistance.

He rubs his ram's horns absently.

"However... Perhaps we can convince them to draw attention while we confront Bozal."
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2016-10-01 at 10:07 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

As you approach the two men Auric is the first to rise striding towards Merrick and Mirriana. His face wide and open (and slightly simple). "You defeated the beast eh? That should have been me and Khellek. I don't like Raknian's petty games." Looking you both up and down with a slight smile he offers a hand to you both. "May the best win tomorrow but I already know that'll be me and Khel here." He says the last gesturing to the wizard who sits not saying much but watching you all over his glass of water. Eyes focusing for the most part on Merrick, Zarina and the glittering symbol of Mystara on Mirriana. Beside him Auric offers seats to you all. "Come sit. Even when we beat you tomorrow we'll put on a good show, there is no shame in losing to me and we can all share much ale and toast me tomorrow night.".

He seems genuine, both in his offer of drinks after the fight as he clearly assumes he wont be doing killing (and indeed you know from the rumours and tales from previous years that he has only killed twice in the arena and both likley more an accident than by design) and in the supreme confidence that he and his partner with their tame golems will be victorious in the match tomorrow.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Taliesn

Watching from a distance, Taliesn scans the Leatherworks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not expecting any surprises, but I just want to confirm (a) they don't *ping* the evil meter, and (b) they're human and a general sense of their intelligence.

If, by chance, there are any surprises, Taliesn includes that in his message to Mirriana.

Be sure to let him know about the demon watching the match, he sends to Mirriana.
    Custom Class

18. - Top - End - #228

Merrick

"That would be grand," Merrick replies, "I too wish not to be killed, or am I fond of killing."

He favours both men with warm smiles.

"I cannot help but be fascinated with you golems here. Did you craft them yourself, Master Khellek? How complex of commands can they obey? Are they for sale?"

After a bit more gushing over Khellek's constructs, he changes the subject.

"I suspect Raknian is trying to undermine you, perhaps he is envious of you? I know firsthand how the establishment cannot stomach new heroes taking their place. Would you, Brave Auric, possibly allow us to delve into this arena, to ensure no conspiracy exists to somehow manage the results of our championship match?"

He lowers his voice in conspiracy.

"Perhaps you could give us a means to slip down there unobserved?"

Spoiler: So...
    Show
    Bluff my purpose (1d20+6)[21]
    Gather some Information on how to control the golems (1d20+2)[22]
    Diplomatically ask their aid (1d20+6)[15]

And a re-check of Diplomacy if they see through me and I gotta fast-talk out of this. So gang, fingers crossed... (1d20+6)[10]
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2016-10-03 at 06:26 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Khellek strokes his narrow pointed beard as he stares at Merrick. "Yes. I did make them myself. I fine job as well. As for whether they are for sale then possibly. It would recoup some coats and after we beat you tomorrow I surely won't need them all. Depending on course if you destroy any. . A quandary for you there Master Merrick..." He smiles cleverly to himself, at what he sees at his own cleverness.

"As to distracting the guards so you can investigate something in the under arena. It depends. What has Loris been up to and why do you interfere. With possibly the exception of the Goliath and the halfling you seem an odd bunch to have entered the games so clearly you have cooked something up with that interfering lorescraper Eligos". His eyes flick to Mirriana's. "Tell me !ore of what you are up to. We may even be able to help, I am less fussed bybyhe glory tomorrow than my strong friend here."

At that Auric puffs up "Khel, what you saying. If we smash it tomorrow we become the only triple champion. Not even Raknian can top that. Plus the gold. We agreed I'd get the belt and you the gold."

"I know my friend I'm sure we'll still fight and you and the Goliath can test each other's strength. But I would hear from Miss Conlon here about what they are really doing in the games ".

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Mirriana

"I suspect the only thing Raknian would hate more than you winning, Auric, would be for us to be crowned champions. You noticed how he has us fight the beast in your place?" I ask. "He is indeed up to something, and it is most foul indeed. We joined the games to investigate him, and it strikes terror into his heart that we might succeed." I check to make sure there are no guards within hearing distance before continuing, and look to Taliesn for confirmation.

"Long ago, there was a cult that sought to birth the evil god Kyuss into the world. If they had succeeded the world would have been overrun by undead animated by Kyuss's foul worms. Needless to say they did not."

"However this cult has resurfaced, and as best we can tell Raknian is at its head. Already this week we have faced foul creatures below the Coenby - demons, worm-zombies, a cleric of Kyuss..."

"We believe they have created an Ulgurstata, cocooned beneath the arena. If fed a mighty enough individual - say a champion of the games - the Ulgurstata may birth an Apostle of Kyuss. We cannot let that happen!"

"We think Ranian will unleash the beast tomorrow, either before our fight, or after when the victor is weak. Tonight we will venture below again to do what we can to stop this, but we nearly fell last time and our success is far from certain."

I run my hand through my hair - this next bit is the crux of the matter.

"I tell you this for several reasons - firstly, should we fall and you become champions tomorrow you are now forewarned. Secondly, should we fail tonight and yet live, I would ask for your aid in defeating the Ulgurstata should it be unleashed during tomorrow's match. If it should survive to birth the Apostle, which of us was lucky enough to earn that dubious honour becomes rather immaterial."

"I don't think you would betray our trust to the guards - If I judge you right Auric, you would rather defeat us on the field than be crowned by disqualification. Actually - you would be far more likely to have a match tomorrow if you accompanied us below; together we would all be far more likely to return! If you are not willing, then as Merrick has suggested covering for our absence would be much appreciated."
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2016-10-04 at 02:08 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231

Merrick

"Or perhaps rent us the services of one of your flesh golems? These forces deal in undead, and from your performance on the sand, the dead stand little chance against constructs."

Merrick sends through Taliesn for his companions to itemize anything of particular interest which might serve as collateral for a mage powerful enough to create constructs.

"Mere coin of course would insult you, but surely we could offer you fair trade in objects or lore?"

The location of a mind-flayer's lair and body modification notes? Study of a relic in our possession? I welcome suggestions friends.

Merrick regretted parting with any of them, but a greater good was pressing.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Lan watched the confident warrior and mage, disliking the need to expose themselves to the group more than necessary. He raised an eyebrow when the mage mentioned he and Goat specifically, but otherwise, he simply stayed quiet and focused on listening for sounds of the guards and keeping an eye on these two ...

Show
    Spot - (1d20+14)[27]; Listen - (1d20+14)[21], Sense Motive - (1d20+2)[21] vs our 'friends' (+2 vs mage types on all those rolls)

Status
    F +8, R +11, W +6
    Effects: no scent (20 rounds), Energy Resistance (Cold; x minutes?) Darkvision (1hr);

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

The wizard and fighter look worried. "Are you sure? THis is serious indeed and a worry. Its a nasty beast, one to rival even you my friend." he mutter to Auric, despite the fighter's slightly foolish expression. "I'll make sure to have some precautions prepared for the 'morrow. As for my golems," he pauses looking at Merrick, "Like many of the undead or construct allies they are secured in the upper chambers so we don't have access."

He waves Auric to silence once more as he watches Mirriana. Then carefully reaches into an engraved scroll case that seems to have many scrolls within. "We cannot journey into the depths with you. You must realise that? The guards will take notice should we all go. If you go and we remain it merely looks like secret training. If we can come to an accord for tomorrow then I will give you this for your explorations below the Coenby. We will not seek any mortal blows on you and vice versa then this may serve you." Handing it to Mirriana she can see the skeins of necromancy on the scroll.
    Spoiler: Scroll
    Show

Its a scroll of revivify if you want it.

Auric looking about and you realise that he does under stand as he rises to his feet. "Run along little people. You can train elsewhere, Khellek and me need to preapre to defeat you tomorrow and allow me to be the greatest champion ever." Speaking loudly he makes sure the guards can hear him as he winks outrageously at Mirriana, Talsien and Merrick.

Khellek strokes his long pointed beard shaking his head sadly. "Think on the deal and good luck no your exploration. If there is such a beast under the arena. You need to fear its bite. The bowels of the beast can strip your soul and leave you a worm infused husk of an undead when it vomits back up. "

24. - Top - End - #234

Merrick

Merrick nods his understanding, and discreetly accepts the scroll.

"If we do not appear in the morning, know that we have failed and you may be Raknian's next target. If you can, seek out the sage Eligos and he may help you," he says quietly. He then stalks off, looking affronted.

He returns to his own group's barracks.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Taliesn

If that is done, let's go find our prey, Taliesn suggests.

As they prepare to descend, Taliesn gratefully accepts an amulet from Muddy. Thank you, little one. I think this will do me much good. Here: perhaps you or your master may get good use out of these.

Using the power of his mage hand, Taliesn slips a pair of bracers off his forelegs and levitates them into Muddy's hands.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bracers of Defense +2 (4,000 gp): useless so long as I am under the protection of mage armor or intertial armor, and once we survive this tournament, they'll be useless when I get some good barding.

My life will be complete if Merrick later enchants the Amulet to include a +1 Mighty Fists effect. It's not the bonus I'm looking for. (The bonus is overshadowed by my essentia, which is also an enhancement bonus.) It's the ability to defeat DR/magic.
    Last edited by Stegyre; 2016-10-12 at 12:21 AM.
    Custom Class

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Auric and Khellek offer their hands and after a solid shake of hands they return to their own meals and drinks, the wizard deep in conversation with the burly arena champion. Looking about Zarina joins the others as you all move towards the Titan's rest the long abandoned second chamber. Trooping through the area where you had passed 3 days previously the plug still lies aside and the water still drains through towards the ghoul infested warrren. Scouting around neither Lan nor the searching mindsight of the shifter can pick up any depraved thoughts although the bodies of those you killed previously have vanished and given the shredded bits of a flesh and a bitten finger you suspect that the ghouls are not picky about eating their fallen.

It takes a few minutes as you pick your way through the sewers towards the ramp that leaps up into the Shrin of Kyuss but after ~10 minutes (maybe 40 minutes after you left the arena) you are once more looking up the sewage slide into the dark well that leads into the shrine of Kyuss.

Spoiler: Zarina
    Show

4th: Polymorph, wall of fire
    3rd: Dragonskin, fireball,
    2nd: Scorching Ray, mirror image
    1st: Protec from Evil, karmic aura, burning hands, truestrike

Spells still active
    Mage Armour TAL 6 hours 20 minutes
    Heroics Goat + Mirriana 20 minutes
    Dragon Skin (Cold) Zarina 20 minutes
    Shield 14 mins
    Bulls strength 3 mins

Zarina splashing along behind the others shivers as she stares back up at the portal yawning above her. "Are we sure we stand ready to face Bozal again? He has has several days to recuperate for the battle ahead." As she shivers she waves a hand a shimmering shield of force appears above her shielding her from harm. Reaching into her pocket she reaches the long thin wand of bull horn and activates that as well leaving her feeling stronger and ready for battle. "Regardless friends, I will do my best to stand alongside you in the battle to come."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Taliesn

Better to face him or his monster now, at a time of our choosing, than wait for him to unleash his horrors when he chooses to. However prepared he is now, I think he will only be better prepared then.

Why don't we start with that scroll and trying to disrupt whatever it is doing?
    Taliesn proposes.
    Custom Class

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Lan sighed, gazing at the path ahead. "What about that demon? Or anything else he left behind? He probably already knows we're here ...
    Show

Status
    F +8, R +11, W +6
    Effects: Energy Resistance (Cold; x minutes?) Darkvision (20min);

29. - Top - End - #239

Merrick

"Every minute we remain up here, I expect to see Bozal and his unholy host coming for us. I will not spend another night waiting to die," Merrick says with some grimness.

Spoiler: Effects
    Show
    Just the vestiges and the resist elements cold we all have for Merrick.
    I have a mass resist energy and a haste ready to go when needed.

Merrick continues to drip healing energy every moment he can as they descend.

Spoiler: Meaning?
    Show
    Healing Gift of Buer every five rounds. Assuming 1 minute/round, 8 rolls. Take whomever needs.
    (1d8+8)[10]
    (1d8+8)[10]
    (1d8+8)[9]
    (1d8+8)[13]
    (1d8+8)[15]
    (1d8+8)[15]
    (1d8+8)[14]
    (1d8+8)[13]

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Buer's ancient and healing touch soon restores all the party to health once more and you all wait as Talsien searches for evil and sentience above you. In the room above he can sense nothing, a thing confirmed as he blinks uo to the well. The doors are closed once more blocking a few of the ancient training room down the corridor.

It takes a few minutes for the rest of the party to clamber up the sewage caked rope but soon you all once more stand in the well room, the shattered remains of Kyuss spawn still littering the floor.

Assembled once more with the dark walls close in around you Zarina looks at the others. "Even knowing what lies ahead I do not feel better about being in here". She can feel goosebumps on her skin as she dances from foot to foot gripping the massive fullblade nervously.

With Lan gently prising open the doors into the corridor nothing can be seen but with less material blocking the way Talsien can sense a powerful mind ahead. Cruel, calculating, highly intelligent and demonic in the ancient training room where you had faced the Morhg. Only the decorated stone fronted doors stand between you and it.