New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [PTU, IC] IL 6: Time for swimming lessons!

Claire
    -downloading...-

the cubby below the terminal screen lights up as the pokeball is digitally constructed as you've seen many times before up until you see that the "pokeball" has come out looking more like a "pokebox" or rather a scorched and frosted pokeball with a bunch of high tech bits jerry rigged to it forming a box like shape. it feels like it would hurt to try to figure out what all the extra smoking sparking technobits are for so maybe best not to dwell on it... wait... those red bits... does this pokeball have scraps from your old scythe bolted to it!?

-tracing... the pokeball was added to the box via emergency storage request signal from... 42,000 feat above the middle of fragging no where... great... hold on tracing back further...-

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Ummm...can you see this?" Claire asked looking at the pokeball. A part of her wanted to poke it, but she wasn't sure how safe the weird thing would be.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Claire
    -...It seems I neglected to put a camera in the reception pad... why what should I be seeing?- monitor types as the frost on the ball begins to thaw and lights start to blink as if in response.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Ummm...it's square. And pokey. And...defrosting with lights..." She noted as she looked over it still unsure if she could touch it. "With techy things....Kinda like much scythe I think."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Claire
    Before either of you could think of your doppelganger or say "bomb" all the lights illuminate and a metal poker extends and presses the pokeballs button. if this was a bomb you would have been dead just then but instead the ball hinges open and materializes its contents in a flash of light revealing the male meowstic that was supposed to be in there.

Its clutching a weathered book titled "the history of the hoenn space program" and a rocket ship shaped pen and upon orienting itself it immediately looks straight up and seems disapointed by the view of a ceiling (though that's hard to tell for sure with meowstics you remember them being adorably stoic). It then looks to you and tilts its head to the side as if curious.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

At the weird reaction and button press, Claire jumps backwards. When it looks at her and then tilts it's head, Claire mirrors the movement and tilts hers as well. "Bonjour?" She says after a moment of silence.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Claire
    The meowstic pulls a piece of scratch paper from between the pages of his book and writes on it with his pen telekinetically before floating the paper over to you to read

Bonjour. Are you my new handler claire?

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Claire blinks surprised. She didn't know Meowstic could talk. Oh wait, it knew her name! It could probably read minds! Was it reading her mind now? "Ummm I don't know. I actually don't know where you came from. You just showed up in my box. Who owns you and we can help you find a way home?"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Claire
    The meowstic takes the paper back and writes more before showing you its new note.

I was purchased by Claire. Are you Claire? Not that it matters to me who my handler is.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I am indeed Claire, but I didn't purchase a Meowstic..." Claire said starting to wonder what was happening. Did people just sell Pokemon in Unova at like a Poke-Mart or something? "I'm Claire Verene though, Clarisse Verene Vi Kalos, Princess of Kalos. So...maybe a different Claire bought you and somehow stuff got mixed up?"

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Claire
    No that sounds right you are my handler. Well assuming I got the right universe when I escaped the distortion world. That was a wild ride let me tell you. By the way what time is it? is it night time? can I go out and see the stars!?

The pokemon writes as if in conclusion before becoming uncharacteristically eager about stargazing like seriously you weren't aware meowstic could make facial expressions like that.
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2017-01-12 at 01:00 AM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"Pfft, that feels like years ago... Was that really just this morning? This day has stretched for an eternity. And I still have no idea what I thought that was supposed to accomplish! That right there is like, reason one I should not be in charge of anything important. Who the hell sees an angry god and SINGS! You almost killed me!" Drew says, slapping his face into his hand at the flashback from this morning. "And you don't have to apologize for that, Gwen. I know that there's a lot of stuff all mixed up in your head right now, but we'll fix it together. You'll be able to get stuff you didn't before and be... whatever you want to be. Whoever you want to be. Be never apologize for wanting to be close to someone you care about. Or someone you want to care about, even." He pulls her in for a hug with one arm, holding soon-to-be purchases in the other. "And I know, it's not fair of me to ask this of you but... Will you please give Jerry a chance? She seems legitimately sorry for what she's done and I think if you give her a chance, she'll surprise you. In a good way, I mean. Not like, naked in front of a crowd of people."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Uhh good question hold on..." Claire said looking over at the computer for the time. "I mean, it's pretty late sure I didn't see if the stars were out. I mean it's a big town with lots of lights and stuff, but we can head out and look I guess for a bit while Monitor tries to figure out what happened."

She then types on the computer, -Uhh he says he's mine and mentions distortion world and handlers and buying him.-

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Drew
    Gwen looks down thinking about you are asking of her "I decided to trust you knew what you were doing keeping her around because you asked me too, but if you want me to genuinely give her a chance... then I have two conditions first you need to face taste I mean kiss me and cid more often so that jerry doesn't steal all the kisses... she's good at stealing things... I feel 10 times a day is a good number don't you agree? and second... make sure Cid is happy. It feels like sometimes shes just here cause she's forced to I'd feel better about wanting jerry to be here if cid wanted to be here on her own and not just because she says its her job" Gwen says veiling a selfless request. "Oh! and third I reserve the right to try to surprise jerry for a change" she also quickly adds a bit more cryptically "Oh! and forth I want to see Cid wear cute dresses sometimes!" now she's just milking this.

Claire
    -I have a theory put his pokeball where I can see it, keep him away from phones, and don't let him out of your sight until we are sure of his origins intents and trustworthiness.- Monitor warns

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Enjoying his reprieve too much to scrounge up the will to move himself yet; the young man simply dials up his aunt to let her know about his sudden change of plans, both in regards to his sleeping arrangements and his unexpected departure from Castelia the next day.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

-He wants to go look at the stars? Is that ok?- She typed picking up the pokeball nervously worried about the weird stuff on it and holding it to camera still wondering the time.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Uriel
    As is always the case when dealing with your side of the family your amazing and charitable aunt understands and wishes you luck, and hopes you won't be a stranger the next time you pass through.

Claire
    -...Well he isn't from a universe where everyone uses cubes instead of balls that's for sure... this may sound crazy but I think your doppleganger purchased this pokemon from team rocket and he was stranded in the distortion world when she disappeared earlier today-

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

-I see....uhhh is she back too then? And what should I do considering the team rocket thing? I mean doesn't that mean he is stolen?-

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Claire
    -you should talk to him and get the whole story.. and don't let your guard down-

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew smirks at her requests, changing one of the outfits he'd picked out for a shirt/skirt combo. "Hmmm.... how about... one each and I don't let Jerry steal anymore? That sounds fair to me. And I'm going to make sure. I'm not making her stay if she doesn't want to, whatever her "job" might be. I'm not into forced labor." He ruffle Gwen's hair. "Would you like a dress too?"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Yeah it's night time and I guess we can go outside, but I'm just trying to figure stuff out. Did Team Rocket steal you? Do you want me to help you find your trainer? I'm trying to figure out how you got here."

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Drew
    "3! you need at least 3 square kisses a day for a healthy diet!" Gwen says butchering an old saying though she may just be having fun with the word play then actually disagreeing with you.

"but um with cid could you still try and find out what it would take to make her want to stay? I want her to be able to stay and be happy at the same time if possible"
    Gwen clarifies bashfully

"Yes! Oh! what if me and cid matched!? Oh oh! what if we all matched!?" Gwen says eagerly at the dress suggestion. It seems pretty clear you are intended to be in that "all" and that the dress must be girly with no half measures.

Claire
    The pokemon seems very happy and eager about going outside at night, but turns blank and monotone as it writes the answer to your questions
    I've been bought and sold as long as I can remember. You bought me so you're my handler now. I'm just supposed to do as you tell me so I retain my value as an asset in case you want to sell me in the future. This is the way it's always been for me.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Claire frowns at the note, "I...I don't like that." She said. "You are a person as well and not just an asset. You won't be sold again and I want you not to view me as a handler. I'd prefer to be a friend or partner if anything. If you want to be here though. If you want to be free I can let you go also." She said. "Nobody should just be bought and sold or forced to do things they don't want. "

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"That's what I said! 1 from each of you makes three. And I will, don't worry." Drew says, switching out outfits for dresses. "And uh, Dresses aren't usually for guys, Gwen. It's uh, considered pretty weird for men to wear them." That being said he does grab a moatching outfit in his own size. He knew better than to argue with girls about clothes.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Drew
    "Oh it's give 3 kisses a day? then I should give my own too!" Gwen says cleverly doubling the amount of kissing that will be going on "But why would wearing a dress be weird? You looked really pretty wearing that one in the shrine earlier!" Gwen says making you the exception to the rule.

Claire
    I'm not suited for the wild so I'd rather be here than there. I don't know how to be a friend or a partner though the pokemon writes

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I mean...just be yourself. If you want to do something ask. If you don't want to do something let me know." Claire explained. "You don't have to listen to me just because I'm 'Claire'." She explained. "I'll help you, you help me, and so on."

She nodded toward the door. "For example, you want to look at the stars so let's go." She said as she started to lead the way checking if the pokemon followed. "You can tell me how you got here and what this world travel thing you are talking about is while we look at the stars." She said. Assuming the pokemon followed she'd head towards the roof.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by passinglurker View Post
    Uriel
    As is always the case when dealing with your side of the family your amazing and charitable aunt understands and wishes you luck, and hopes you won't be a stranger the next time you pass through.
    Uriel thanks her for everything, and continues making a bit more small talk with her before the two eventually agree to end the call. Feeling a bit lighter for the pleasant exchange, the young man decides to rouse himself from the bed before Crescelia has a chance to whisk him away to dreamland; opting instead to head down to check on how Z and Amber were settling in... assuming the pair hadn't crashed already from all of the excitement today.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2017-01-23 at 01:26 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Claire
    The pokemon follows closely and once on the on the roof his head tilts straight up his mouth makes an open smile (rare for meowstics) and his eyes twinkle with awe and wonder... he must really not get out much if the night sky is this impressive to him. There is a lot of light pollution from the city and scattered clouds from the storm earlier yet he still finds the stars amazing. You'll probably have to ask some him some direct questions to distract him from the sky long enough to answer.

Uriel
    As you approach the guest room across the hall you see that the door is ajar slightly and you can over hear them talking...

"So... I guess Darkai kinda spilled the beans that we have a crush on the same guy huh?..."

"I'm sorry"

"No-No don't be sorry I didn't mean-"

"I'm sorry I'm sorry-"

"No look thats not-j-just don't worry about.. really... I'd get why you'd like him... I mean uh-"

"He's there for you when things seem at thier worst..."

"...huh yeah that about says it... I wouldn't mind another hug slumped against the floor of my garage... it felt nice... until I puked... augh what is wrong with my head... Something about me wants him to touch me again but something else is sickened and scared I can feel my stomach turn just at the thought of it... why am I so hung up on the touching thing anyway?... am I some sort of pervert like mom?..."

"... for what it's worth I think you are a good person... and I'm sorry bad people used what you made to do bad things, and made you feel bad, and... with what we learned today... I don't think... we should feel guilty... a-and bad thoughts we have... they probably put in our heads so that we'll think we aren't worth saving and c-come back to them... b-but who the hell do they think I am! I may not believe in myself but I believe in him! I believe in the Uriel who believes in me!"

"whoa goose bumps you kinda sounded like claire a bit then at the end..."

"u-um... sorry..."

"no I meant in a good way"

"but if he wanted some one like claire wouldn't he go with claire?"

"Well to be honest... We don't really got a chance... neither of us really know how love works, while claires been through it once she could say it for sure... and also Claire would probably hate us if she believed a word darkrai said... like you saw her acting around that wisp lady she's being super territorial about uriel, and... she's like the only family I can trust right now I don't want her to hate me..."

"Well if I'm possibly claire's clone-ish daughter then that would make us family too right?"

"Amber... has anyone told you you're like an angel?..."

"I'm sorry!"

"wha! no wait good thing! that's a good thing!"

You sure you wanna walk in on girls talking about you?
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2017-01-23 at 03:05 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Uriel smiled to himself quietly as he watched the tender scene play out; despite his initial conflict when he first realized what they were discussing, or rather who, having decided to give them a minute before interrupting. Though he soon realized that perhaps it wouldn't be necessary.

It was nice seeing the girls in high spirits, bonding with each other after everything they'd been through... and he'd be lying if he said that hearing about their confidence in him wasn't as touching as it was embarrassing to hear them talk about him so candidly. The young man inwardly thanked his caution for staying his hand, and preventing him from ruining such a heartwarming moment.

Knowing he wasn't needed there, he set off once more; opting to wander around for a bit to kill time, maybe even find a spot he could groom his mon and share some peace with them while he waited for the coming hour of Lisa's surprise.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2017-01-23 at 04:31 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Uriel
    poking around downstairs you see monitors terminal is very active with some strange robot arms and light examining a pokeball covered in jury rigged parts and red painted metal the same rose red shade as claire's old scythe... the scythe you banished to the void/reverse world/distortion world/anti-matter world/there are too many names just call it hell game freak geez!