New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [DBitP] Dragon Ball Chibi!!

It was a sunny day outside the Shenron. The camera was sitting in the field, slightly crooked. A pair of hooves reached out and straightened it up, revealing a highly-chibified version of Starlight Quiver. She tapped the camera, smiled, and called out off-camera.

"Okay guys! It's ready!"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Dragon Ball Chibi!!

The Refera Family walk pop in from off-camera, all in cute chibi forms, though Jade still has her iconic Steely Gaze(TM).
    ".....How'd you pull off being a chibi?"
    Jade asks Starlight.
    "Aren't ponies already chibi horses? Also how fourth-wall breaky are we allowed for this? We're pretty meta and referential already. We might actually make the meta-reference levels go over 9000 if stay here."
    "you already broke it by asking that. And its chibi, I'm pretty sure its allowed. What are we even supposed to do anyways?"
    "Well I'm a Majin, and this is a chibi segment, so I say I can make anything happen! Like I dunno, make pokemon real or suddenly transport us somwhere else for a gag or a parody.... Or we can ask Mekrashin for one of his crazy inventions to do something...."
    Cut to chibi-Mekrashin over there in a labcoat with a bunch of junky-looking inventions pile up around here
    "OI! GET UZ MAD SAIYANTIST ORKY INVENCHUNZ 'ERE! KRAZY INVENCHUNZ FER SALE! 87% GUARANTEED TO NA' BLOW UP IN YER FACE! WILL AKSEPT TEEF OR SHINIEZ!"
    "I think most people will work, the only person we shouldn't allow into chibi is Kurumo. he doesn't like fun."

Cut to chibi-Kurumo somewhere, with a bag of "NO FUN ALLOWED" signs on his back, a hammer and some nails, and a grumpy face. It was time to hang these up everywhere and he was determined to let no one stop him.

"Should we retroactively count the Christmas thing as a chibi?"
    "Nah, that one was funny because it was canon. That was real enough to actually happen."
    "I dunno, what do you think we should do Starlight? We have tons of options. Or are we being too meta for this right now? Should we be less aware?"
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight pointed at the camera.

"Well, the camera's right there," she said. "This is a chibi segment, so I think we can go as wild as we like. And I'm pretty sure we all know about the audience, that's just a chibi thing. Well, chibi and that one ancestor of Gero's who discovered the truth about this world."

Cut to that one relative of Gero's whose name I forget, but who peered into some magical telescope of truth and discovered that the world was made of words on a computer screen. He's huddling in a corner in a straightjacket, repeating how none of this was real and just a world made of words, or something.

"Yeah, how was that even canon?" Starlight asked, confuzzled. Meanwhile, Tigra walked in in the background, carrying a set of scissor blades that was now easily 4x her size. "Anyhoof, our readers can ask us questions via this machine, and we can interact with them! So, dear readers, if you have any questions, just send them to us!" Starlight pointed at a machine next to the camera that looked like it printed out ticker tape. Suddenly, it whirred to life, printing out a question on a piece of tape. Starlight levitated the tape over to herself to read it.

"And here's my player, Hawkflight, demonstrating this for us! And she has a question: 'Jade, what would you look like if you cosplayed as Megumin, and how powerful would your EXPLOOOOSION be?' Let's test it out!"

"Wouldn't that blow up the planet?" Tigra asked.

"Don't worry, this is chibi. If it blows up, it'll be fine in a couple of posts."
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

His name is Kelsinger Gero!
    "How do you remain sane!?" he asks "How is this happpening!? Makaioshin of Deception, what have you done now!?"
    "Hey don't look at me, saw too much when I invented Tulpa of Waking Dreams Style then decided to shroud everything in lies to escape the truth, even to myself. Stuff like this is why Makai DOESN'T want to escape the gilded cage of reality, enlightenment is basically THIS fourth-wall breaking chibi nonsense. We're basically the Gasters here."
    Masala comically punches them out of the chibi....place?
    "None of that! your being too serious!"

Back to whats funny:
    Jade reads the question and says
    "Who is Megumin?"
    Beryl hands her the fandom wiki page on who she is
    "Oh. I see. Magical inkscape powers gooooo!" Behold how Jade would look as Megumin:
    Spoiler
    Show

".....Heeeey! That wasn't stick art at all! What gives?"
    "I think Raziere just decided to be lazy with that one....also she is a anime fan and an artist so y'know....bad anime fan art that will never improve or be paid for is par for the course...."
    The narrator is much sadness.
    "Anyways get to explodin'"
    Jade puts on the Megumin cosplay.
    "fine fine.....this feels wrong even if its Chibi though...."
    Jade raises her hand, everyone runs for cover:
    "I cast......Explosion."
    There is a flash of light then a
    BOOM!
    As the pure force of explosion destroys the entire Galaxy to nothing. Kurumo goes flying off into another galaxy yelling "Kurumo is blasting off agaaaaaiin!!" *Ding!*

Cut back to Jade, on a small rock that somehow survived, cartoonishly singed from the Explosion. She then falls unconscious from the energy drain, just like Megumin. Beryl and Masala suddenly pop back out from the cover.
    "....The answer is its powerful enough to destroy the entire Galaxy! Since Megumin min-maxed so much into Explosion, only learned that one spell at the cost of absolutely everything else, the cosplay similarly min-maxes the person so that while their super form is locked, they can't fly, teleport, or do any other attack and certainly don't possess the stamina for a long drawn out fight, an Android saga level being such as Jade right now is capable of taking out a galaxy in a single attack using it! Which is far more than what is usually capable, galaxy busting is usually a Buu to Beerus saga level feat. However such a cosplay isn't useful as one would lack the ability to avoid their own Explosion, and the person would almost certainly be destroyed by their own singular attack in canon, and even if they did survive, just like Megumin they'd be completely out of energy from doing so! Such a cosplay would be making a gambit as to whether the being they're attacking with it can survive the attack or not. In short it would be incredibly risky! Just like not all forms are good ones to fight with, not all cosplays are good ones to use."
    "Hey Shenron! Start rebuilding everything will you?"
    Shenron floats by carrying some lumber, nails and a hammer
    "Yeah yeah......seems its all I'm good for nowadays...."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Chibi Max walks into the space nearby, flicking a light switch and saying, "Oh, don't worry about that. I made a back up. Contingency planning shenanigans and all that." With the switch flicked, the stars and planets light back up.

"But the real question is....how much contingency planning has Max done in cannon? The answer is: you've already seen most of it deployed. There's some space capable battlesuits ready to go in case ki becomes unusable for some reason (think heavy duty space marine armor with artillery energy cannons installed on the shoulders, that can be dropped off if damaged or in need of greater mobility) or if he needs to outfit non-ki users for battle. The Battleship, and the Shining City is secretly capable of exiting into space if it needs to evacuate Earth for some reason. And if everyone isn't going to cry foul over it, the Battleship and the City will have a knock off star gate that can be used between them. Of course...since there aren't any other gates currently established, they only have the one other location to link to at the moment. I was figuring they would operate by targeting the destination location's ansibel, then attaching extra dimensional space along that link to open up a worm hole between point A and point B, that, unlike an actual wormhole, would have no problems with going back and forth between them."

By the point, Chibi Max has entered full on explanation mode, having walked over to a convenient chalk board, and now wearing a graduate robe and hat that only showed up after the camera cut away for a reaction shot from someone else. The explanation started with serious chalk drawings, but after erasing those to draw a star gate, Max completes his explanation by giving it cat ears and a little cat smile face in the center.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler: EXPLOOOOSION!!
    Show
    Back to whats funny:
    Jade reads the question and says
    "Who is Megumin?"
    Beryl hands her the fandom wiki page on who she is
    "Oh. I see. Magical inkscape powers gooooo!" Behold how Jade would look as Megumin:
    Spoiler
    Show

".....Heeeey! That wasn't stick art at all! What gives?"
    "I think Raziere just decided to be lazy with that one....also she is a anime fan and an artist so y'know....bad anime fan art that will never improve or be paid for is par for the course...."
    The narrator is much sadness.
    "Anyways get to explodin'"
    Jade puts on the Megumin cosplay.
    "fine fine.....this feels wrong even if its Chibi though...."
    Jade raises her hand, everyone runs for cover:
    "I cast......Explosion."
    There is a flash of light then a
    BOOM!
    As the pure force of explosion destroys the entire Galaxy to nothing. Kurumo goes flying off into another galaxy yelling "Kurumo is blasting off agaaaaaiin!!" *Ding!*

Cut back to Jade, on a small rock that somehow survived, cartoonishly singed from the Explosion. She then falls unconscious from the energy drain, just like Megumin. Beryl and Masala suddenly pop back out from the cover.
    "....The answer is its powerful enough to destroy the entire Galaxy! Since Megumin min-maxed so much into Explosion, only learned that one spell at the cost of absolutely everything else, the cosplay similarly min-maxes the person so that while their super form is locked, they can't fly, teleport, or do any other attack and certainly don't possess the stamina for a long drawn out fight, an Android saga level being such as Jade right now is capable of taking out a galaxy in a single attack using it! Which is far more than what is usually capable, galaxy busting is usually a Buu to Beerus saga level feat. However such a cosplay isn't useful as one would lack the ability to avoid their own Explosion, and the person would almost certainly be destroyed by their own singular attack in canon, and even if they did survive, just like Megumin they'd be completely out of energy from doing so! Such a cosplay would be making a gambit as to whether the being they're attacking with it can survive the attack or not. In short it would be incredibly risky! Just like not all forms are good ones to fight with, not all cosplays are good ones to use."
    "Hey Shenron! Start rebuilding everything will you?"
    Shenron floats by carrying some lumber, nails and a hammer
    "Yeah yeah......seems its all I'm good for nowadays...."
    "Poor Shenron," Starlight remarked.

Tigra tapped her chin. "Huh, I didn't think it would work without one of those long-winded incantations Megumin usually uses."

Starlight tilted her head, a question mark appearing over her head.

"You know. Like ... 'Darkness darker than dark, blackness blacker than black, by the power of my bullsh!t incantation, something something crimson demon, reduce my enemies to ash! The ash to atoms! And split those atom in a mighty EXPLOOOOSION!!' Or something like that."

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    Chibi Max walks into the space nearby, flicking a light switch and saying, "Oh, don't worry about that. I made a back up. Contingency planning shenanigans and all that." With the switch flicked, the stars and planets light back up.

"But the real question is....how much contingency planning has Max done in cannon? The answer is: you've already seen most of it deployed. There's some space capable battlesuits ready to go in case ki becomes unusable for some reason (think heavy duty space marine armor with artillery energy cannons installed on the shoulders, that can be dropped off if damaged or in need of greater mobility) or if he needs to outfit non-ki users for battle. The Battleship, and the Shining City is secretly capable of exiting into space if it needs to evacuate Earth for some reason. And if everyone isn't going to cry foul over it, the Battleship and the City will have a knock off star gate that can be used between them. Of course...since there aren't any other gates currently established, they only have the one other location to link to at the moment. I was figuring they would operate by targeting the destination location's ansibel, then attaching extra dimensional space along that link to open up a worm hole between point A and point B, that, unlike an actual wormhole, would have no problems with going back and forth between them."

By the point, Chibi Max has entered full on explanation mode, having walked over to a convenient chalk board, and now wearing a graduate robe and hat that only showed up after the camera cut away for a reaction shot from someone else. The explanation started with serious chalk drawings, but after erasing those to draw a star gate, Max completes his explanation by giving it cat ears and a little cat smile face in the center.
    A lightbulb appears over Starlight's head. "Oh! You know, Equestria is beginning to develop their own Stargate based on the mirror portals. You could just use one of theirs. It would create an interesting throughline between Max's efforts to uplift Earth and Equestria opening up a bit to the rest of the galaxy over ten years. Plus, then Max could have visited Equestria~" she added in a singsong voice.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Jade raises a finger while still lying down.
    "Konosuba hadn't been watched by Raziere by the time that was cast. Raziere has been watching more episodes, so if I did the incantation, it'd probably double in power? Not that it matters much between the power to destroy one galaxy or two galaxies. At that point the difference is academic except to anyone who can withstand that.

I estimate, through the poorly understood field of Power Level Mathematics, that a Beerus saga level user could destroy all ....14 universes if they said the full incantation. Its probably a good idea to put this particular cosplay down as "Forbidden Cosplay" in canon."

There are forbidden cosplays?" chibi-Masala asks as she helps her mother up.
    "Indeed there are. Not all cosplays have good or useful effects. For example, WoD Promethean Cosplay makes everyone distrust you, as well as turns everything around into a wasteland for abilities that aren't worth learning when your already a flying martial artist superman who can conjure things. Jarjar Cosplay does nothing but make you supernaturally annoying. Twilight Vampire cosplay does nothing but make you sparkle and a supernatural effect of making everyone hate you because of it. Things like that. And of course there are some characters that have such strong personalities that there is a risk of being possessed by the very cosplay you wield, a being that is known for who they are more than what they're capable of is dangerous, because the cosplay will focus on the personality aspects in emulation."
    "....Are you saying that its dangerous to cosplay somebody thats written too well?"
    "Well yeah. The cosplay is to enhance your abilities while maintaining mental control over yourself. A personality of the cosplay trying to take over is a bad thing, regardless of the character. Even if the personality is good, the character would know nothing about our world and wouldn't get that things don't run on their universes rules, and thus mess everything up. That and they wouldn't REALLY be the character, just a cosplay-formed tulpa of what people think the character is like."
    As she explains she draws a chibi cartoon of a cosplayer putting on harry potter cosplay, getting taken over by Harry and trying to using a wand to defeat evil demons and failing with little X eyes as they get hit by a ki blast.
    "Wait, what about fursuits? Can Referential Cospalyers use those?"
    "Sure. We just haven't gotten around to experimenting with those much. Raziere is thinking that the effects of animal based cosplay may be more physical and transformative though."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wait, what about fursuits? Can Referential Cospalyers use those?"
    "Sure. We just haven't gotten around to experimenting with those much. Raziere is thinking that the effects of animal based cosplay may be more physical and transformative though."
    "Yeah, I think my player would like to see that, she's a dirty furry." Wha--- hey! ....It's true. "So, I guess cosplaying as Martin Lucifer would be a bad idea, since his supernatural luck wouldn't be a sufficient tradeoff for the negative personality shift, right?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Don't worry, I'm a dirty furry as well, Shanakan wouldn't exist without that.
    "Yeah, pretty much not a good idea to cosplay Martin. Honestly kind of lucked out with Flowey, since his Omega form is so memorable."
    "Yeah, that animal cosplay one of the plans for our next thing to progress. A different idea is me basically specializing in speed to become the fastest in the universe but....Starlight seems already seem to fulfill a speech niche, plus Time skip means I'll never outrun that, even though I'm originally intended to have a speed-based style...."
    "But what would the difference between teleportation and being really fast be? You can already teleport, what would be incredibly fast get you that your Rainbow Bridge can't?"
    "nothing I guess. So much the Solar Exalted Athletics route. Maybe I can invest into Solar Resistance instead? Maximize my Determination to its fullest potential?"
    "Well we've been neglecting our android-ness for a while now, perhaps we should go an Alchemical Exalted route? One things for sure, Shanakan already has Sidereal Exalted covered."
    "Maybe, hmm....probably Abyssal Exalted, we'd have to start tapping into the anti-ki for that, and that might not be a good idea....that and it might be too necrotic and such for Dragon Ball"
    "We could try an Infernal Exalted route, Makai seems like a good place to do that. But then again, the fur suits sound very Lunar Exalted to me."
    "Have we tried sneaking in Getimian Exalted yet? They're like Sidereals except they're cool rebels that oppose fate and Yu-Shan's bureaucracy instead of supporting it in the ultimate anti-fate rebellion."
    "Getimians don't even have a book out though! The most anyone has is a dev blurbs about how they work in general, vague ways. you'd be making things up!"
    "Whatever, its the same thing we did for the Chara Cosplay."
    "Definitely not Liminal Exalted though, they're basically kung-fu frankensteins that are created when a resurrection attempt fails and Dragon Ball's resurrection is too easy for that to happen."
    A letter arrives and Beryl reads it:
    "Dear Raziere, what Exalt would each character of yours be?"
    "I'm probably some type of Moonsilver Alchemical."
    "I'm probably a Orichalcum Alchemical."
    "Me? Hm. I'm probably not a Exalted at all! Raksha really. Maybe acting more like them can help flesh out my character in some ways?"
    "Shanakan is probably a Chosen of Battles, Astralys a Chosen of Endings, and Luxana a Zenith.....and weirdly enough Solitus is probably a Zenith or Dawn to."
    "Kurumo is most likely a Chosen of Secrets, I can see the Chejop Kejack inspiration in him!"
    Kurumo glances darkly at them. To be fair, they're not wrong.
    "Tailripper is a clear Dusk caste Abyssal, Vati Mortis a Zenith Caste, Blizzan is probably a Dawn Caste, Flake.....hm....I think she's a Dragon-blooded of some kind. Tarasai and Arkea are probably Sidereals of some kind, Raziere drew a lot of inspiration of their Kai styles and how Kais are depicted from them. Tarasai is probably Journeys and Arkea probably Serenity. Yankar is definitely a Dawn Caste, Lettan is Eclipse Caste, King Vegeta is another Zenith Caste, and Pinappla.....I don't know ."
    "yeah Raziere hasn't figured out where she is going yet. Aside from being my pupil."
    "Shouldn't she be here?"
    Eh the post is getting a little long, maybe next time. This concludes Raziere Dropping All Pretenses and Spelling Out How So Many Of My Characters Are Inspired By Exalted.
    "Hey-"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, that animal cosplay one of the plans for our next thing to progress. A different idea is me basically specializing in speed to become the fastest in the universe but....Starlight seems already seem to fulfill a speech niche...."
    "Oh, you have no idea yet," Starlight said, with a knowing look on her face. "Though technically I'm more of a speed/technique hybrid, leaning more towards technique. After all, my power level is one of the lowest of the core fighters. Having impeccable technique, and just being really smart, is how I make up for it. Between that and my Taskmaster-ish ability to learn techniques after seeing them only once -- you know, like Goku or Twilight Sparkle -- my speed is really more of an insurance policy. And it doesn't hurt that it looks cool." Twilight suddenly disappeared and reappeared behind Jade, faster than the eye could follow (or at least faster than the animators could keep up with).

"Yeah, pretty much not a good idea to cosplay Martin. Honestly kind of lucked out with Flowey, since his Omega form is so memorable."
    Tigra fumed with a seething rage at the mention of Martin.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

"Anyways: Pinappla!"
    "Yes?"
    Chibi-Pinappla appears on camera, almost resembling her six year old self, so cute!
    "Yes, what are the plans for you?"
    "Well....thats the thing....looking at me objectively....I just seem to be a Kale ripoff....I'll probably end up going Legendary Super Saiyan or something..."
    "ah don't worry, I started off as an android 18 ripoff and look where I am now! You just got to go wherever it takes you and see what happens when it does! Sure you might be resemble her now, but you'll have more room to grow than she did, and look at how she grew in only 16 episodes! Went from considering herself useless to refining the berserker form so that its controlled and powerful and fusing with Caulifla! And unlike her, you'll have someone a bit more mature and cool-headed to teach you than Caulifla even though she is badass and didn't do a bad job if her support did that well."
    "ah.....ok....."
    "Besides who knows? You might Cosplay Undyne or the Dovakiin someday!"
    "I'd like to see either of those for certain! Which one is more powerful though?"
    "Dovahkiin is probably the more powerful of the two. It IS a protagonist cosplay of a sandbox game with zero personality in a universe known for its high-powered shenanigans. Not DBZ shenanigans, but high-powered nonetheless. Undyne cosplay is pretty powerful though, Dovahkiin is just more flexible and more shenanigans all around due to the limitless power a sandbox protagonist has."
    "see there are like, three different ways your story can go so far! You'll just have to go out there and see what happens! Too bad about Mekrashin, he hasn't received any focus at all."
    Mekrashin frowns and holds up a "WAITING FOR MY PLOT" sign.
    "Its too bad, he was supposed to have adventures much like my own before the rest of the Orks arrived but I guess that isn't happening right now..."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"Anyways: Pinappla!"
    "Yes?"
    Chibi-Pinappla appears on camera, almost resembling her six year old self, so cute!
    "Yes, what are the plans for you?"
    "Well....thats the thing....looking at me objectively....I just seem to be a Kale ripoff....I'll probably end up going Legendary Super Saiyan or something..."
    "ah don't worry, I started off as an android 18 ripoff and look where I am now! You just got to go wherever it takes you and see what happens when it does!"
    Starlight nodded. "And I started off as just a mashup of Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy, and look at me now! Now I'm just a Twilight Sparkle ripoff! ....Wait a second...."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

A new question pops up for the Refera chibis.
    "A new question on a card: Why don't you guys just wish for immortality like Oxy? You could protect more people that way."
    "Because we're not powergamers, like to have actual tension in our stories that and it just isn't fun for Raziere. That and the inevitable result if you don't get erased or hakai'd out by a testy god who governs how things end, is that you end up either going insane at the end of all things or endlessly starting new realities after the last ones end in eternal recurrence. One would think you'd grow bored or tired of it after a while, and you would have LOTS of time to do that. Billions upon billions of years of time. That and the mind isn't perfect. Even if your immortal, that doesn't mean your MEMORIES are. Do I really want to forget my loved ones and eventually become an entirely different person because of the sheer amount of new memories I make later getting rid of the ones I value?"
    "that and have you ever read Gods of Pegana? Immortality isn't always a good thing. Poor Yun-Ilara, still waiting for Mung to take him even as dust."
    What? Moooms.....whats Gods of Pegana??" chibi-Masala says tilting her head
    "Basically the original fantasy setting made for entertainment before Tolkien made it cool."
    "what I'd wish for instead for some way so that we eternally reincarnate so that we can find and fall in love with each other over and over again- to basically wish that our bond and memories for each other transcends time rather than our physical bodies. After all Zen-Oh has proven he can erase even immortal people- but he cannot erase the bonds and memories that people felt for others after they were gone. Gets around the problem much better in my opinion."
    "Aaaaaaaawww! thats so sweet!"
    Chibi-Beryl says while hugging Jade.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Meanwhile, Starkight was in the background, bobbing her head along as she watched a musical on the TV between takes.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-05-16 at 03:58 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Colossus in the Playground

Suddenly, Diamond!

Chibi Diamond doesn't look much differant, though he suddenly seems a bit smug that he's not obviously a physical child in comparison to the others right now.

"Sup. Rater's bored so he's using this as an excuse to do something and explain a bit."

The Chibi-Android pulls out a stack of Flash Card. "Diamond: Explain what would happen if you fused with any of the other characters?" Diamond shrugs. "Well, with Starlight at least the horrifying half-pony abomination would probably spontaneously add a bit of Crystal Pony to the Alicorn mix, but beyond that, I honestly haven't a clue. Before he ducked out a while ago, Rater was playing with the idea of me fusing with Monesco, the little Saiyan boy I rescue from the rock-slide..."

A crude, non-chibi drawing of a little Saiyan boy with surfer's hair, black but with the spikey bangs over the right eye in Diamond's pink and dressed in turquoise Saiyan Armor with a black body-suit underneath briefly appears behind Diamond.

"...But that obviously never went anyway, and it'd be kind of awkward now. Saiyan children age slowly, but unless Rater comes up with an excuse to slow it down, even more, Monesco would physically be an adult now while I've only been aging normally for about four years, give or take, so actually figuring out how our bodies would combine and what that'd look like..."

A new card appears at the top of the stack. "Diamond: Clarify why a fusion of you and Starlight would be part crystal pony."

Diamond points to an empty space and in a poof of smoke, there's now an adorable little Crystal Pony colt, turquoise in coat and pink of mane. "Meet Diamond Gear, Son of Sapphire record and Rose Gem, nephew of Painted Ivy and Quartz Sprocket, big brother of Ruby Rose--no relation to the leader of team RWBY--and later in life husband of Monkey Wrench of and adopted father of Rainbow Quartz Socket Wrench. If he looks familiar, well" Diamond points to Rater's Avatar.

"This Diamond, though he prefers to go by Gear, was a character in an MLP roleplay that Rater was in, of which Emporer Ing was also a player, and when Rater decided to introduce a tag-along kid character for this game many years back, I was based on him. A lot of my abillities and character traits are adapted from Gear. For example, the reason I'm a cyborg..." One of the little pony's legs vanishes and is replaced by a prosthetic, looking like a mix of modern titanium prosthetic legs, adapted to pony legs and hooves, with some glowy crystally bits on the leg and the stump above it."Gear's special talent was architecture and engineering. Rater didn't have any Idea for what he'd actually want to do with that though, beyond being a generic inventor, so on one adventure Gear lost a leg, leading to an interest in prosthetics. This is also why I nowadays have a minor interest in self-modification. As a crystal pony, Diamond spent a thousand years in stasis, while as a Red Pants Android when I wasn't being worked on or tested I was deactivated."

"The threats mentioned in my profile are actual threats that Diamond has made to people who threatened his friends, and our personalities--particularly the non-sexual technology fetish and addiction to burgers--are remarkably similar. However, I'm not an exact 1:1 Copy of Gear. He's got a full name where as far as I know, Diamond is the only name I've got unless you want to count my Cyborg designation. Gear actually has a decently sized family while my entire birth family is dead, and his tragic backstory messed him up a lot more than mine did--he's was prone to night terrors and panic attacks, for one. Also, Gear was gay while I don't have a defined sexuality--though, all cards on the table, Monesco was based, loosely, on Gear's boyfriend-turned Husband. Oh, and Gear actually grew up."

The cute little colt is replaced by a Bishi adult stallion, then vanishes.

"Side note, my taser arm and minor affinity for magic also come from Gear: He eventually became a technomancer and had a habit of using that magic to charge his prosthetic with electrical energy "

Diamond takes another card: "Does Oxy consider himself truly perfect even though he doesn't have Ultra Instinct? If so, why? Honestly, that's a question better suited for Bro, but I'll do my best. The gist of it is that bro knows how difficult it is to achieve UI in the first place, requiring both power and skill at such a degree that not even the Gods of Destruction can do it easily, and that not everyone can be Goku who gets a limit shattering transformation that gives him the ability. True perfection is impossible, and Bro thinks that being a biologically immortal regenerator with Divine Ki is close enough for him. If he gets the power, he gets it, but at that point, it's just one more step towards an ideal that he knows that he'll never be able to actually achieve as much as trying is a worthy goal in and of itself."

"Honestly, if Bro were actively trying to be truly perfect, he'd have probably asked Poka for a sample of her Bio-Mass by now. Not like she'd have said no."

"Also, while powerful, UI isn't really the end all be all--Goku, for example, can't access it at will and even Whis, an expert who naturally exists in that state, wasn't safe from stepping in a pile of poop."

"Beyond that, while Bro is theoretically capable of Achiving Ultra Instinct in some form, it sort of goes against the opposite of his nature: If you're familiar with MasakoX color and chakra theoies, Ultra Instinct is tied up in the higher chakras that correspond ot the mind and spirit while Bro is very much tied up in in the physical and natural world--Honestly, if Bro were to rach a level of power comperable to Ultra Instinct, it'd probably be through the Earth Star Chakra, which is probably his own 'primary' chakra. Being one's most strongly physical chakra and the anchor that ties the spiritual body to the earth and the gate through which physical and natural energies enter the body while tied to past lives, literal and metaphorical heredity, and in modern thought DNA and ancestry fits Bro like a glove and it only became more so as the game went on after he was introduced the first time around, though this is probably a topic for another post."
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    The Chibi-Android pulls out a stack of Flash Card. "Diamond: Explain what would happen if you fused with any of the other characters?" Diamond shrugs. "Well, with Starlight at least the horrifying half-pony abomination would probably spontaneously add a bit of Crystal Pony to the Alicorn mix, but beyond that, I honestly haven't a clue."
    Starlight looked up from watching the Bat Boy musical.

"It wouldn't be that horrifying," she said. "It would probably look like one of those Equestria Girls transformations, only as a satyr." She lit her horn, and a picture appeared as an example.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-06-10 at 02:05 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #17

"Those satyrs need to put on pants."

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight blushed. "They have fur!"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

A random chibi Vodkana apear as if she was akways there.

"That was EXACTLY what I said! Nya! But they all whined about PG13! Nya!!!"
    She sigh.
    _but I'll never say it in cannon I am probably pushing the rules by my very existence both in cannon and forum rules."
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Starlight blushed. "They have fur!"
    "If you say so."

Diamond looks at a flashcard. "Anyway, Diamond: Explain that comment about Chakras and how it meant that Oxy wasn't likely to get Ultra Instinct because of Chakras. Well, again, that's a question that's better suited for Bro, but he's too cool for fourth wall breaking chibi segments."

"Chakras are, to some belief systems, locations within your body where your energy collects within your body and/or gates wherefrom that energy flows in and out of your body. A lot of people are familiar with the seven chakra system--from root to crown. However, some belief systems add more. One or more chakras below or above the bodies, minor ones in the hands and feet, and the like, but several systems add an 'Earth Chakra' which's purpose seems pretty consistent. That's a picture of a Nine chakra system that adds the Earth Chakra as well as a Soul Chakra, which are both pretty common among these expanded systems. Anyway, I don't feel like explaining the Earth Chakra in detail because I'll be here for hours, so here are a couple of descriptions of it that Rater found, just read them at your leisure."

A couple walls of text show up.

Located about a foot and a half below the surface of the ground. It ensures our connection with the earth. Because it works primarily with the energies of the earth, it is very physical in nature. It participates to our physical well-being and connects us to the grounding energies of the earth and our environment. Just like the first (or root) chakra, it is useful to heal any bone and bone marrow-related issues. It can also play a role in any DNA-related or hereditary issues.
    Earth chakra — (8th) — Located roughly three feet below into the earth at your feet. — Brown — No matter where you are, the earth chakra keeps you grounded. This chakra anchor harnesses all the pieces of the human puzzle, from DNA to bone and blood. NOTE: Depending on individual interpretation of chakra study, the location of the 8th chakra varies, but its function as grounding chakra epicenter is the same. Additional locations range form between the heart and throat chakras to just above the crown chakra. Another interpretation states the human aura is the 8th chakra; conglomeration of all chakra energy.
    The earth star chakra (often referred to as one of the subpersonal chakras) is located approximately 12-18 inches below the bottoms of the feet and is connected to the foot chakras. It is usually brown or black in color. Also known as the “super root,” it aligns and connects the body and soul to the powerful energies within the magnetic core of planet earth. Distinct from the root chakra, which is the grounding chakra of the seven-chakra system, the earth star chakra is the grounding point for an individual’s entire extended chakra system and their relationship to the collective planet and the universe. (Imagine the roots of a tree spreading infinitely out under the earth, strongly anchored, with its trunk standing tall and shooting up into the heavens.) This chakra is also believed to hold the keys to past lives, karmic patterns and DNA origins. The earth star chakra is responsible for making us feel deeply connected to our own energies and those of the earth and the universe.

Activities such as using the computer, running errands, working, or just going through life at a hectic pace can cause you to become ungrounded. Fully activating the earth star chakra allows you to stay fully grounded in spite of these day-to-day tasks. The earth star chakra allows spiritual healers, psychics or anyone who interacts with people to release the excess energies they pick up from others by providing them the ability to draw from the earth’s vibrational energies to clear those unnecessary energies out.

When balanced, this chakra connects the etheric body to the physical world, creating security for the soul to fully express itself. Characteristics of an individual with a balanced earth star chakra can include feeling deeply connected to our inherent inner powers, a connection to the collective planet and the universe, seeing the big picture, working for a greater cause, peace of mind and feeling secure. Characteristics of an individual with an unbalanced earth star chakra might include a tendency to lose balance, vertigo, eating disorders, physical problems in the lower body (legs, hips, feet, pelvic region, knees, and ankles) and circulation problems.
    "Physicallity, a connection to the earth and the universe, and stuff related to previous selves, heredity, and DNA. This chakra's description fits Bro like a glove."

"Let's look at it a bit more in-depth though: Bro's a Bio-Android, made from the cells and energy of a dozen or so warriors and spiritualists so there are DNA and heredity. Bro has an advantage on learning and creating new techniques because he has the techniques of those people hardcoded into his body and brain, making something that's usually intellectual instead mostly physical. Even his becoming a God, something normally associated with divine enlightenment or the refining of one's habits, for Bro came from balancing and refining his body so that the divine potential he absorbed when he consumed Solitus's remains and from the Blood that the Nameless God secretly contributed to Oxy's first regeneration could shine through, making his Apotheosis again, physical through DNA and inheritance when it should have been mental and spiritual."

"As for a connection to the Earth or the Physical Universe... Well, no, he didn't have much of that at first. Then he ate Solitus, gaining the ability to passivly absorb the ambient energy produced by the Earth's sun to bolster his reserves of energy, which, while mostly fluff due to his Bio-Mechanical IE Generators(which aren't quite as good as mine because Doctor Jerkface was a hack,) it's still Bro drawing in natural energy from the physical universe as easy as breathing."

"There's also the donation of blood that he talked Starlight into giving him gave him Alicorn magic, which includes Earth Pony magic: A strong heart, an affinity for plants and animals, and a mystical connection to the earth that enhances your strength and stamina. If we define a connection to the earth and the physical universe as a connection to nature, then the Pegasus magic, weather manipulation, Bro would have gained at the time is another point to this."

"Something to note, however, is that Bro doesn't personally have much involvement in nature. Even after coming to the past, he's mostly involved in urban envorinments or else space-ships with modern amenities. His affinity to nature begins and ends with hunting down and eating a giant desert scorpion when he first got to the past. Furthermore, he somewhat coveted the ponies' magic when he learned of it but since gaining it he hasn't really done much with it if anything. Now, that might just be because he knows that we'll give him Hell for it if he ever gets a Cutie Mark--"

Cutaway to Chibi Poka using a magic marker to draw a heart on a Sleeping Chibi Oxy's butt. Within the heart, she writes "Oxy+Poka=BFFS," then tip-toes away.

"--The simple fact of the matter is that he doesn't know how to use it. It's not hard-wired into his brain the way his other magic and ki techniques are. It's in his blood, but it's not in his soul. Honestly, if Rater wanted to do something interesting with Bro instead of just copying one or more transformations that already exist in the franchise, a storyline where Bro ended up having to develop an apreciation of nature and learning how the Earth Ponies and Pegasi use their magic--something that would actually involve the same mental and spirtual levels that magic normally requires--possibly involving an extended interaction with Starlight that serves to complete this connection to the natural world and bridge the gap between his mostly physical existance to the mental and spirtual existance that a God should have and 'awaken' or 'balance' his Earth Soul Chakra, to extend the metaphore, which could in tern culminate in Bro gettign somekind of metamorphosis, super-mode, or hightened state of consciousness unique to himself instead of copy-pasting something from the Saiyans or that Android Berserker from Heros and scrubbing off the serial numbers, but at this time I've got no clue what that might be."

"Incidentally: None of this was planned years ago. Rater didn't know about the Earth Chakra until he started googling the extra chakras after watching that 'Is Zamasu a Necromancer' video a few days ago. He was all like 'well, that's a neat coincidence.' "

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Chibi Referas pop up in response to Vodkana.
    "And thats why Makai won't focus on their Lust demons or their lust martial arts, even though Raziere made both and consider that a part of the Demon Realm."
    "Really? Explain."
    "Simple. how Raziere is doing the Demon Realm is that its basically the furthest away from enlightenment you can get- its anti-enlightenment. and that means imbalance, which means their passions are incredibly extreme. That behavior Ing's characters call "ki madness"? the larval state of your passions becoming so great that they erupt and make your transform into a demon whose passions rule them completely. these passions can be for anything, though the deadly sins you know of are common motifs. An obvious product of this is lust, since that kind of passion can so easily be extreme and get out of control. But due to the board rules, probably not a good idea to detail the lust stuff in any great detail."
    "Yeah. But it should be observed that passions like Compassion and Love can be extreme and unhealthy and demons of them aren't necessarily good people, even if the passions them are inherently evil, just incredibly imbalanced and unhealthy. For example, a Demon of Compassion would seek to destroy all pain that ever exists by numbing everyone they can see, while a Demon of Friendship would become obsessed with destroying existential loneliness via Neon Genesis Evangelion-esque measures of uniting everyone in hiveminds. Still bad, but their mindsets are less evil for evil's sake, and more about their extreme broken views of existence from being obsessed with one thing above all else. Solitus is an example of someone who is on the verge of becoming one, his current mindset is not that different from an actual Ego Demon."
    "Finally the only demon that is completely absent from Makai are Hatred Demons, despite being a type that does exist. For good reasons to be revealed later."
    They say with charts with cute little demons of various colored demons detailing the many kinds.
    "Anyways, Raziere will probably get onto doing the canon stuff soon, she just decided to see how people will respond to the beginning of the ork invasion starting before continuing, but since that seems to be all that people want to respond, she's probably just gonna go ahead and keep it going."
    "What else....oh right the undead. they are apart of Makai to. why? because they the passion to live and be immortal no matter what. They don't want to die, ever, and cannot accept things ending. they are partly the reason why Makai hates the Gods of Destruction above all else. This is honestly the clearest explanation we can give about Makai without the limitations of canon."
    "Though honestly, a part of me wishes we could learn Lust For Climactic Enjoyment Style-"
    "Aaaaand I'm ending that thought there."
    "Hey, what up my halves?"
    Berade suddenly pops up with a heroic grin on her
    "Why don't we answer some things about me, yes?"
    "Ok, first question: why you so full of energy and excited when we're both relatively chill and down to earth?"
    "Simple! There is a certain euphoric high you get when you fuse, especially for the first time, plus the fact that your both lovers, means that I'm basically a living embodiment of your romantic bond with one another! Happiness, unconstrained from caring about any realistic concerns! I, Berade is what happens when Jade's determination overrides Beryl's passiveness and patience while Beryl's optimism and idealism override Jade's cynicism and down to earth thinking, creating someone has the determination and confidence to do anything without Beryl's passivity or Jade's lack of self-esteem holding me down- I'm both of you, when your weaknesses are covered by each others strengths! I am LIFE and ENERGY and HEROISM, and I shine bright- but of course, there are advantages to your less flashy more reasonable parts of yourselves that I lack. As you can tell, in some ways I'm a healthier more well-rounded person, but also a more emotive, spontaneous and impulsive one more concerned with enjoying myself than being pragmatic and reasonable all the time like you two. Heh."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

'Nya... now I really want to visit the Makai world.... and wonder, what fusion of myself with Hailing would be like..' she sighed
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Suddenly, a news jingle played and an adorable golden puppygirl, with floppy ears and a pink collar (with a heart tag) and shortalls, appeared in a chibi newsroom on the TV, representing this post's author.

"And now, a new segment we like to call chibi news, where we look at the goings-on offscreen in DBitP!" she barked. "Over the past ten years, Equestria has been gradually introduced to the universe at large, thanks in no small part to the return of Princess Luna from her extended time-out banishment to the moon. Very few aliens have visited Equestria in the interim, aside from the Rebel Alliance, but that's all set to change with Equestria's first-ever extraterrestrial summit, where a select group of aliens (plus one lucky contest winner) will get a chance to visit Equestria for the first time as well as meet with some of its most influential leaders, most notably the twin princesses. Who these individual aliens are has not yet been announced, but our sources cite Lord Apfel himself being invited, although it's unknown if he has accepted the invitation or not.

"In other news, Hawkflight has plans to essentially 'reboot' the first Equestria arc, which has been on hiatus for some time now due to writer's block. This will be accomplished by wrapping everything up in a single post, then starting 'fresh' at the final phase of the incident, where Starlight gets her super form and Princess Luna finally returns from her banishment."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show