New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 3: A load of carp

Tammy & Bill's Live and Repair

"Demons." Bill replies. "It's a demon alarm, but it isn't supposed to trigger that easily."
    As the alarm continues, the door labeled "Basement DO NOT DISTURB!!!" is slammed open by a tiny purple-clad hooded figure who gestures wildly in the air. "THOSE FOOLS! I SHALL DESTROY- oh, guests!~"

Pulling down their hood, they reveal themselves to be freckly goblin with huge purple eyes and even larger ears, her nose is unusually small for a goblins however. In her black hair she has a skull-shaped clasp in her hair and a halo of glowing gems floating just above her head. "Hello!~" She greets over the alarm as she attempts to take Sam's hand in both hers and shake it fiercely. "I am Tammy!~" Them, without waiting for Sam's reply she lets go of his hand and turns to TTN and attempts to shake her hand as well. "Nice meeting ya' all!"

"Erm, yes, meet my wife. Bill lamely introduces the goblin. "But as for the alarm is going to cease soon. We're just going to have to endure it for a bit."

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

TTN would blink in surprise at the diminutive woman, but she still shakes the woman's hand. "Pleasure." She states, making sure she's as careful as possible to make sure that she doesn't hurt the gobliness. "We've just paid for a room here. At least, a room for my partner. Are the floors stable enough for someone like myself? I am more solidly built that I appear." She admits.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tammy and Bill's Live Repair]

Will shakes the goblin's hand energetically with an oversized grin. She's cute, if still a little short and green for his taste. Her and her husband make a cute couple next to each other.
    He looks wide-eyed at her halo of floating stones and all the masks around the place, and the imps.
    "So you're a mage then?" he asks her with some excitement. Will spent the last year around the Ethereals' crazy magic technology, and they never explained any of it to him. It drove him crazy!
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #1114

TTN's question appears to confound Tammy and she walks up to the robot and then circles around her while seemingly studying her meticulously. "Mage? I'm a mighty warlock!" She answers Sam as she walks. Then finally she stops after rounding TTN and lifts her index finger into the air. "After careful consideration, I believe that you are a robot, miss!" She declares and then gestures to Bill. "And that's my husbands expertise. I just do demons, but not in that way." She sticks out her tongue in disgust. "You wouldn't believe the things people think warlocks do."

Bill rolls his eyes discreetly at his wife. "Yes, its stable enough. I've stored pretty heavy equipment in some of the rooms while I'm repairing them actually. Not to mention that robots like you aren't that uncommon around goblins. I would need the tavern to be adapted to them."
    Suddenly, the alarm stops and they can hear people outside.
    Bill sigh and rubs his snout. "Speaking of which..."

The door is slammed open and six goblins in white robes enter the tavern and position themselves three at each side of the door. The a seventh goblin, in a blue robe enters and takes up a scroll which he loudly reads from as the other six goblins holds trumpets in the air.

"Ahem, presenting the matriarch of gold, apostle of commerce, knight-lady Palandria Fisherson." The last name is uttered with less conviction than the rest, but that might soon be forgotten as the other goblins let the trumpets sound and a heavily armored figure strides inside the Inn. She wears a black tabard with a dark red G with two lines across. The rest of the armor, along with the large pauldrons, is red and gold. "Hello, demon-worshipers. Can't keep your monsters in check?" She turns to TTN and Sam, her helmet still masking her face. "And who are you supposed to be?" Palandria asks the two.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-04-19 at 01:43 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

TTN crouches down, arms on her knees, in order to get closer to the new goblin. It was clear that she was being an imposition just to be one. A display of intimidation and power. Well, perhaps TTN could help fix that. "We are guests to your city, Ms. Fisherson." She says exceedingly politely. The words are obviously a bit of a jab at her though. "Admittedly, my Commander and I were not prepared for such an ostentatious display for we are without our military uniforms for the time being. You could say we are here on matters of diplomatic and commercial import and were given advice on this being a particularly fine place to stay." She explains. Sure, she could say such. But saying it would be lying. Possibly.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

Will looks surprised at TTN's sudden mocking nature. She's been all business so far! He's also a little sad at being snubbed by Tammy. He wants to know about magic and stuff!
    "We're just guests, Ma'am." he says flatly, looking at TTN. His Hawaiian shirt isn't doing her "diplomacy" any favors.

7. - Top - End - #1117

The armored goblin freezes. "You will address me as knight-lady, you bucket of bolts!" She snaps at TTN.

"Calm down." Bill tries to defuse the situation, but is immediately shut down by his own wife.
    "Yeah, you show her, robo-lady!" Tammy says with her fist raised in defiance. "Foolish paladins, trying to meddle in things they don't understand. You can't even make a alarm that function properly!"

"I should have you all arrested on the spot for this defiance!" Palandria exclaims, but then takes a deep breath. "But thankfully, I am a fair ruler and will give you a fair chance to explain yourself. Just what exactly happened to set off the alarm, hm?" She isn't looking at Bill or Tammy thorough she is looking at the guests.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

Tammy & Bill's Live Repair

"They are rivets. I don't have a single actual bolt in my entire construction, Knight-Lady Fisherson."
    TTN says flatly. "The alarms went off because they summoned servants to carry a couple hundred kilos of my equipment up to a room we rightfully paid for. If you are indeed an "Apostle of Commerce" as it was put, there should be no trouble with such since summoned help would mean more gold going to the city rather than in the hands of selfish menials, wouldn't it? Unless of course you and your fanfare would be willing to carry my gear?" She asks. "Unfortunately I think it would tarnish such a well put together outfit as much of it is rather oily and covered in grime from age and traversing a jungle."

After that however, she holds out her large mechanical hands. "As for arrest? Go right ahead if you think you have a single holding facility in this entire city that could hold me. I am a BOLO, designation Titania, and I am a proud member of the DinoChrome Brigade. I will allow no chains to shackle this body of mine." She declares proudly, not that it would mean anything to those present.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tammy and Bill’s Live Repair]

Will scowls and rounds on his companion.
    ”Titania! Do not antagonize the local authorities. I am not trading that little cell of a Spire room for a literal one here.” he says sternly, having apparently found his spine somewhere.
    He sighs, drawing himself up for the goblin.
    ”That said the account is accurate, Ma’am. Just servants hauling bags.”

10. - Top - End - #1120

[The Crystal Apex]

Damon will find himself on a small cliffside where it is freezing, cold winds from which no amount of clothes could protect blasting him right in the face as he will find himself slowly sinking into the deep snow underneath him.
    If he looks around, he will find that he has been relocated to an arctic environment with glaciers as far as his ice can see.
    First, he might think he has been gated into the middle of nowhere, unless he looks at the largest and highest of the glaciers of course.

Somehow build into the very mountainside is a wast citadel-complex with the glacier itself resting like another layer of armor upon it. From openings in the black fortress walls Damon can see what appears to be cannon pipes that glow with a intense orange energy that can be seen even from this distance. This intense orange color being quite commonly associated with demonic enchantments.

It appears he is looking a a heavily reinforced demonic fortress that has somehow been built into the very mountainside even with a thick glacial cover resting on top of it. Likely by some weird from of gating, Damon might have seen other demonic fortress being constructed at other odd places. There are seldom this many cannons in them though. This fortress is unusually heavily reinforced even by demon standards.

"Yeah, we won't be shackled!" Tammy excitedly agrees with her fists raised to the sky. "WE WON'T BE SHACKLED! WE WON'T BE SHACKLED!" She then loudly chants, which seem to cause Palandria to freeze in place as she stares at the madness taking place around her.

Only Bill and Will seem to have any interest in deescalating the situation, but as Bill opens his snout to talk, Palandria raises her armored fist to silence him. "Enough. Gilbert?" She only need to mention the name for one of the goblins to come over with clip of post-it notes and pen and hand it to the law-giver. "Regardless of what the demons were used for, this manner of disrespect cannot be accepted." She makes a note with a few quick strokes of the pen and then attempts to put the post-it note on Titania's frame. Its a fine of a hundred gill. Think this as one hundred dollars.

"I'm going to lead a full investigation of this place in due time, but until then, you are getting a fine for disrespecting the law and disrupting the peace with unlawful demon summoning."

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

"Much obliged, Lady Palandria."
    TTN says, seemingly sincere somehow despite having just been antagonizing the woman. She'll take the ticket and look it over, checking to see if there was a time limit or if it demanded payment immediately. She didn't have money after all, and she doubted that William had enough to cover it, but they did have the upcoming job with the Reclamation League that would be able to pay for the ticket. She'd gotten what she wanted regardless.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

Will glances between TTN and the goblin and narrows his eyes. Has TTN been antagonizing the knight to make her forget about Tammy? Well if she has that still better not be their bill. That money would cut a good chunk into what little savings he managed to guilt ask from the Ethereals and he can't afford to lose it this fast.

Still, he shuts his mouth and waits for the official to leave, bowing his head if necessary to keep him out of her gaze when she passes.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [The Crystal Apex]

Damon will find himself on a small cliffside where it is freezing, cold winds from which no amount of clothes could protect blasting him right in the face as he will find himself slowly sinking into the deep snow underneath him.
    If he looks around, he will find that he has been relocated to an arctic environment with glaciers as far as his ice can see.
    First, he might think he has been gated into the middle of nowhere, unless he looks at the largest and highest of the glaciers of course.

Somehow build into the very mountainside is a wast citadel-complex with the glacier itself resting like another layer of armor upon it. From openings in the black fortress walls Damon can see what appears to be cannon pipes that glow with a intense orange energy that can be seen even from this distance. This intense orange color being quite commonly associated with demonic enchantments.

It appears he is looking a a heavily reinforced demonic fortress that has somehow been built into the very mountainside even with a thick glacial cover resting on top of it. Likely by some weird from of gating, Damon might have seen other demonic fortress being constructed at other odd places. There are seldom this many cannons in them though. This fortress is unusually heavily reinforced even by demon standards.
    [The Crystal Apex]

Freezing cold arctic. What fun. Damon hisses and swiftly gets to work enveloping himself in black fire as he gets moving, not particularly liking the thought of being buried in snow. This place fills him with a desire to just melt it all away, but he's not particularly keen on testing how easily he can spread his fire in this cold climate. Not just yet, anyway.

He stares up at the fortress through flame-covered eyes, hissing irritably. He can't deny it, it would certainly have been much smarter for him to wait and find "Alliessss..."

Still, the odd positioning of the fortress gives him an idea. He just has to get above it, which means trudging his way round to the far side of the mountain from the fortress and climbing his way up. Sure, he could use a demon form that allows him to fly, but he's not resorting to that unless he has to. With a rather disgruntled hiss, he sets off on his way.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

Raider's Cove

Ithuriel might be surprised at just how far "Brokenfang's Scourge" was from Inside. It was several hours of flight time before she spotted the island. She arrives just before noon and comes across a surprisingly well kept wooden dock with a small number of ships roped to it. The ships, including the barge The Porkchop Express are all only in a fair state of repair and even as she flies above the docks she can see a handful of mechanics and repairmen making sure that the vessels stay afloat.

There is a road that leads her further inland, towards the large jagged spike of stone rising up out of several curved pillars of smooth rock. Unpon closer inspection, she'll likely understand that both are petrified bones, a massive skull and ribcage respectively. The sides of the dirt road have been cut back and there are signs that fire was used to control the jungle's growth. Despite the efforts to maintain it however, it was clear that the jungle was advancing nearly as fast as it was being cleared away.

The final approach to the gate is uneventful, even as she spots several wooden watchtowers with armed guards. They immediately spot her, but they don't raise an alarm. They are wary, but they don't point their weapons at her. After all, she might be there to trade! The wooden palisade of the village seems relatively sturdy and there are platforms built upon the interior side for people to stand upon and see over the walls. Several men and women patrol the perimeter, some equipped with flamethrowers oddly enough and all of those patrolling are watching the jungle rather than those that are inside. Even as she lands, she'll see one of the patrol light up and let loose a stream of flame to ignite a thorny mess of brambles that'd been sneaking up on her partner. It gives a bloodcurdling screech before scampering off into the jungle.

Regardless of the patrols and dangers of the jungle, the front gates are open and guarded by a pair of pale blue elves. Neither are armored and are wearing light safari style clothes to keep them cool, and upon closer inspection she'll find that as they talk to one another they have rows of shark like teeth in their mouths and gills behind their ears. Sea elves.

From outside the gate, she can see several buildings inside. What looks to be a long bunkhouse is near the gate, a small pair of rows with cottages is further in, a large common area with a public kitchen with plenty of tables and chairs, and a pair of larger buildings far towards the back with one sheltered by the petrified skull from above. There was undoubtedly more inside to see, particularly if the rumors that the raiders had kidnapped a number of people are true. It would have been hard to get a clear answer given that it happened in the poorest section if Inside. Unless Ithuriel offered money or food or the like, it'd have been an array of "I didn't see nuthin'." answering her. If she had, she'd have been told by a couple witnesses at least that the raiders had taken bums and druggies. No one that was able to put up a fight or that'd be missed or looked for otherwise.

15. - Top - End - #1125

[The Crystal Apex]

As Damon makes his way towards the fortress, he soon notice a squad of flying demons that are heading his way. Likely scouts making their way around the citadel. Quite standard protection around these fortresses.
    However, he can also, as he comes closer to the building, see something that very much isn't standard. There is a opening in the glacier from where Damon can see what appears to be a demonic temple, like the one at the mountain, which seem to have merged flawlessly with the mountain itself. With his demon fighting experience, Damon knows that temples are different from fortresses in that they have paintings and symbols on them, though it is actually difficult to tell if these are for practical purposes or religious ones. The "temple" designation is a bit sketchy in that, but they do seem to be of cultural importance to the demons rather than just being tactical structures. Temples are far more rare than fortresses are and few ever gets this close to them.

This would explain why this building is so heavily defended, though not why the demons would have opened a hole in their own defenses like this.

From what he can tell, they appears to have conducted some kind of building project inside. It looks like the temple has been altered, which is something Damon can't remember seeing before. Indeed, just being able to get this close to a temple is usually quite a feat. The demons protect them zealously.

But for now, he needs to bypass this line of defense before he can get closer...

Palandria shoots a glare at Tammy and quickly produces another note which she hands to her. "And another fine, for the very same crimes to you." The warlock accepts it without breaking eye-contact with the paladin, the two ladies staring contempt-fully at one another until Bill call on his wife. "Uh, if that's resolved, maybe we should all go back to work?"

"Yes, my time is far too valuable to waste here. Just make sure to not summon any more of those monsters while we adjust the alarm." She waves dismissively at them. "Keep at it." Then she wanders out, soon followed by her troupe.

"That bitch deserves a real snot in the face and a fire under her ass." Tammy shakes her fist. "I'll show her a real demon..."

16. - Top - End - #1126

[Raider's Cove]

In the course of her flight over, Ithuriel does take a moment to note down some info on the ships - any names, general descriptions that'd help identify the ships if they came in to dock at Inside, etc. It's hopefully enough to ensure that this isn't a complete waste of time, anyway. She can pass the details onto...whoever monitors that stuff. The folks in the watchtowers might have some reason to be wary of her as her robe does flap around a little during flight, perhaps providing the odd glimpse of her armour underneath, or the two sheaths at her waist.

The nifty way she lands, flying in at a sharp angle and sliding to a halt, might kinda indicate that she's not the most harmless of individuals either.

Ithuriel takes a moment to adjust herself, patting down her robe and folding in her wings. She takes a deep breath and starts walking forward, her angelic aura flaring up to send waves of soft, calming golden light out around her. It might do something to put the guards at ease...maybe. Visually, it certainly looks pretty impressive anyway.

As she approaches the sea elves, Ithuriel raises her hands to show that she doesn't have a weapon in-hand at the moment. "Hey, so one of your guys who raided Inside told me I should come out here so you can change my mind, or something."

[The Crystal Apex]

Strange demon behaviour is strange.

The presence of a temple is certainly enough to make Damon raise a non-existant eyebrow. He stops for a moment, pondering whether he wants to actually take a look. "Ssstrange. But...irrelevant." He eventually concludes as he looks up at the flying demons. Why bother investigating the temple when, hopefully, he can just ruin it in the same manner as the fortress soon enough?

How to deal with the demons, though...

In a bit of a break from tradition, Damon decides not to start lobbing black fire everywhere. Instead he "poofs" into a little snow-white bunny, burrows himself into the snow and tunnels on his merry way. It's the perfect camouflage! White on white in white, utterly undetectable!
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

Raider's Cove

The guards in front of her look to be pretty well at ease already, but they do relax a little bit more as the aura hits them even if it makes them frown. They were definitely aware she was doing something, but they also knew they couldn't do much about it. One gives a worried glance at a watchtower, and after recieving a nod in return she slings her weapon on her back and approaches the angel. "A'ight. We'd pretty well been told to expect ya eventually though I gotta admit most thought it'd be a bit sooner." She explains before looking over her shoulder. "Oi! Get the boss! An' tell Jonesy-boy that he won the bettin' pool!"

A raider that was off-shift nods and lopes off towards the furthest of the buildings as the guard in front of Ithuriel sighs. "Why couldn't ya have came tomorrow. Coulda gotten myself a couple dozen Shares." She points out before gesturing for Ithuriel to lift her arms. "Gotta check ya for weapons, ma'am. Won't take'em off of ya, but we still gotta see." If allowed, she'll step forward then and move bits of robe to check what all she might be carrying.

Tammy and Bills Live & Repair

"My apologies."
    TTN tells the married couple after the ostentatious display removes itself from their humble abode. "I had thought she was likely to ticket you regardless of what was said and done just to try and make an example so I had wished to try and keep the attention off of you two." She explains before holding out a hand. "Let me take that and I'll find the funds in the next few days to pay for both fines. It is the least I can do."

18. - Top - End - #1128

[Raider's Cove]

Ithuriel shrugs, carefully takes her robes off, neatly folds them and plonks them on her shoulder. The rather form-fitting outfit beneath makes it pretty clear that she's just equipped with her two swords, but she obligingly raises her arms (and wings) anyway. Her wingspan is pretty big - big enough to potentially cast a bit of a shadow over the guard, depending on where the sun is. "Well, I can't say I'm thrilled to hear you were taking bets on when I was going to show up. This isn't a joke to me. I had to check up on some rumours about your actions in Inside before I could come here." The guard is subjected to the stern gaze of the tall, rather physically intimidating angel. Sort of like a schoolteacher when one of their pupils has been caught red-handed in class.

...doesn't really reveal much in terms of whether Ithuriel found any truth to those rumours though.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

Will lets out a deep sigh as soon as the knightess leaves.

"As much as I agree with you, I'd consider it a courtesy if you didn't make her come back until we've left. I'll pay the fine, Titania. You can pay me back later. The Ethereals gave me a little bit when I guilted them enough. It sounds nice though, having magic to fall back on." Will is getting more and more conscious of his limited usefulness to anything TTN has going. He'll probably need years of training to catch up to anyone his age, and he can't even afford that right now.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

Raider's Cove

"Coupla swords. Wings. Tough musculature an' armor."
    The guard lists off. "Figur'in some kinda potent divine magic as well, but nothin' outright explosive lookin'." She says, seemingly used to withering glares. After all, she's a guard for a raiding town. It's gotta be filled with all sorts of rough folk! She looks back at the other guard, about to say something more when a rough, if slightly feminine, voice speaks in a lyrical tone.

"In what distant deeps or skies
    Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
    On what wings dare he aspire?
    What the hand, dare seize the fire?

The presumed leader of the raiders makes her appearance, simply turning around the corner the far side of the gate. She's wiping her paws on a towel, cleaning them of blood and...if the scent is right, spices. Smells like...barbeque. The Wolfen is a large specimen, easily towering over Ithuriel and packed with muscle. If Ithuriel knew anything of the species, she'd recognize that the size and build meant she was an Alpha, and that usually means not only are they physically powerful but they're not stupid either. Brokenfang, apart from her red-brown fur, is mostly naked apart from a pair of light pants and heavy scarring over much of her face and upper body. True to her name, her upper right fang is exposed through a tear and is torn off. All of this might have been expected by Ithuriel, but what she might not expect is the shimmering chrome that seems to be growing along Brokenfang's body in places. The left side of her abdomen, her left arm, and half of her hip and neck has been taken over by sleek chrome coils that seem to be taking over her body slowly.

"I thank you for not obliterating my men when you first met them, but I assume you're not here for that."
    She remarks, cleaning her claws carefully to get the irritating spices and salt out from underneath them. "Before I let you in, I get the sense that I should ask you what your intentions are, but I think that is rather clear." She adds before stepping to the side and gesturing with the towel. "Welcome to Raider's Cove. Do you want the guided tour or do you just want to talk?"

21. - Top - End - #1131

[Raider's Cove]

"So who is the tiger here? Me or you? I have the wings, but that seems like a bit of a literal interpretation." It's probably not much of a surprise to Brokenfang that her indomitable physique doesn't really seem to intimidate the angel. Ithuriel's aura of calm will wash over her too, but presumably to little effect. It certainly helps Ithuriel stay calm when folks around her tend to be at ease anyway.

The partially chromified body does catch Ithuriel's eye for a moment as she tilts her head and gives Brokenfang a curious look. That certainly doesn't seem...normal. Having not really got much of a look at Brokenfang back during the raid, Ithuriel is none the wiser as to whether this is a new development or something that was there all along. There'd certainly be something raider-y about jamming metal onto one's body, and magical ways of doing that in a less bloody and painful manner - but it being all sleek and shiny like this? Not quite what she was expecting.

"My swords are not drawn...yet." Ithuriel's eyes narrow a little, letting the threat linger for just a moment. These people seem the sort to respect strength, so she might as well display a little. Just a little. "As you can see. I have no particular desire to draw them, but I can't promise it will remain that way. I would rather a peaceful resolution if there is one to be found. At the very least, from the nature of my being I'd hope you can trust that I would not do anything dishonourable. If I believe conflict is inevitable, you will be warned. Usually I would keep my robes on as long as my intentions are peaceful, but-" Ithuriel nods to the robes folded over her shoulder, "Your guards insisted. Anyway, please, show me around. Talk to me. I shall do my best to keep an open mind."

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

Raider's Cove

"You know of Blake. I will admit that I am impressed."
    Brokenfang says, inclining her head slightly towards Ithuriel out of respect. "You don't find many who are well read these days." She adds before gesturing along the buildings. "Bunkhouse and barracks for those without families." She says, pointing at the one long building near the gate entrance. From there she points at row of cabins and cottages. "And those are for those with. We're a little short admittedly, but the fabbing units we recently...acquired will help greatly for both power and manufacturing parts we require." She explains. "They will also help with with our vehicle parts." The motor pool was easily visible, a gravel lot surrounded by fencing with an array of older vehicles needing repairs.

As the Alpha leads Ithuriel deeper into the Cove, she pauses as a young elf girl goes running across the area towards the building sheltered by the petrified bones. "And that would be the school. The other large building is the Hall where I reside and we have meetings. There's also the main cookhouse around here, but all in all, I suspect I know why you're actually here so I won't beat around the bush." She explains.

She leads Ithuriel around the Hall to the back where there is another pen with canvas and tarps covering it. Inside there are perhaps two dozen people in various states. They're all bathed, some have wounds stitched and bandaged, and most are asleep. They've all had their heads shaved and are wearing loose ill-fitting clothing, but most noticeable is that several of them are sweating, shaking, and shivering. Others are outright sick. Thankfully a few seemed okay, with one roughskinned green woman devouring all the food placed in front of her. There seems to be a nurse, a man wearing clean scrubs who is checking each person and caring for them as well as making notes. He even as a couple assistants. "I might be cursed with this consuming chrome, but if there is one thing I have learned, it is that I am thankful not to suffer from withdrawal." Brokenfang remarks as she lets the angel take a good look at it all. Let her decide her opinion before comment further.

23. - Top - End - #1133

[Raider's Cove]

"I've been around for, oh, it must be getting near on to ninety years now. It's given me a lot of time to read and write." She looks pretty good for someone who is ninety-ish years old, but then angels do get to cheat when it comes to age. For the most part, Ithuriel listens quietly as she follows along with Brokenfang's tour, though she lets out a sigh at the mention of "acquired" fabbing units. "I hope you realise that if anything productive is to come from this, you're going to have to return everything you acquired from Inside." She's not trying to sound demanding, if anything it's more sort of...frustrated. She hadn't been aware of exactly what had been stolen, but she can't exactly ignore it now that Brokenfang has pointed it out so directly. Brokenfang's attempt to play the welcoming host has unfortunately just made the whole situation a little more difficult.

But not as difficult as their triage facility makes things.

"I had hoped rumours were just rumours. I know Inside has problems and these people were not in a good place, but this..." Ithuriel takes a step forward, the faint aura of golden light gradually building in intensity around her. She spreads her wings out to their full span in a single dramatic motion, every golden feather glowing as she draws on her innate divinity and spends it spilling forth in a wave of light that spreads out in front of her, its pattern erratic as it washes out over the area, flowing around all obstacles and those tending to the afflicted. As it reaches each person suffering from withdrawal, the light seems to almost pour into them, seeking out that feeling of addiction and cleaning it from their minds, fortifying their bodies to aid in their recovery and ensure their survival without any further reliance on any substances. It's by no means enough to get them back on their feet immediately, but it should be enough to ensure they recover steadily over time without any further medical treatment.

As the light fades, Ithuriel folds her wings in and turns back to Brokenfang. The Wolfen is likely observant enough to catch the heavy breaths and the slight slump in posture from Ithuriel for a moment or two as she turns around, suggesting a certain amount of exertion was required for that little display. The seemingly ever-present faint aura of light is now a barely noticeable glow as well. By the time she's facing Brokenfang though, Ithuriel is standing straight again with a defiant look on her face. "This is not a better way."

24. - Top - End - #1134

"Don't worry, we have dealt with her for a long time now. Getting a fine is nothing new, we can manage through it." Bill claims as he grabs a nearby broom to clean up all the dust Palandria and her retinue dragged in.
    "Are we though?" Tammy asks with a stare at her husband before turning to Sam, once again smiling. "Oh yeah, magic is awesome. It can basically do everything, and its so colorful." She suddenly holds out her hand and holds her fingers to form a half-circle. Between her thumb and index finger there is a sudden spark, like someone just lit a match, and a small purple orb appears. "See?! My professors would tell me this made no sense whatsoever. Purple energy just appearing with a gesture out of nowhere. It's very real though, look."

She lets her fingers spread and the little orb is suddenly pushed away, ending up flying straight into the nearby wall with a fwoosh. A circular area of the wooden wall around the spot that the orb hit instantly turns ash-grey as if it had survived a fire.

Bill instantly turns around as he hears the sound. "Tammy! Not again!" He bemoans before he hurries over to the wall to inspect the damage done.

"Awesome right?!"

[The Crystal Apex]

The patrol passes him by thankfully, Damon would be aware that some demons even attack animals so if he hadn't hid under the snow, they might have attacked him either way. Though that is mostly the hollow hound which is infamous for its aggression. Supposedly some species have been so overbreed by the pit fiends, their masters, that they attack one another and other demons if not controlled by a master.

Either way, Damon can approach the citadel/temple unopposed for a while. He will have to climb the mountain though which isn't the easiest of tasks especially while moving underneath the snow. However, if he endures he will eventually feel demonic magic nearby, telling him that he must be close to his destination.

If he looks up, which he probably would have to do occasionally to be able to tell he's on the right track, he can see that he appears to be approaching what appears to be a crater at the side of the mountain which was hidden from view by the fortress walls. The closer he gets, the more it becomes clear that the demons must have hollowed out a great deal of the mountain to mine it for resources. That temple passage he saw earlier must have been part of this mine which, as he gets closer to the top, must have been made around the temple itself. The temple must have been gated into the very heart of the mountain which then been hollowed out from the inside with the citadel then gated around on it.

But for what reason?

Well, demonic temples usually have simple exteriors. They are giant floating rocks with runes carved into them, just like Jaccalish temple back at the mountain. They do have a few openings made for demons to swarm out from but are otherwise just solid rock without any clear design features.

This temple however have underwent some radical alternations.

The first thing an observer will notice is how the structure is giving off a rainbow colored glean. This appears to be the result of the white crystals that can still be seen littering the strip mine around the temple are now coating the surface of it like prisms that are refracting the light.
    While the signature rune-network of protective spells that mark all demonic temples are still carved into its structure these are now nearly perfectly hidden by this additional layer of crystals. The eerie blue glow the demonic runes usually give off is while still dominant offshoot by other colors. Not that it looks less eerie however as the strange rainbow sheen makes the entire building look distinctively unnatural. Far too clean and bright compared to its surroundings.

The structure of the building has also been altered, the featureless stone now made into a pentagon-shaped structure, where these crystals and the runes have been arranged to form demonic figures on the five walls. This structure becomes narrower further down until it forms a upside-down spire which ends in a rounded cupola with a long sharp pike. The temple appears to lack an obvious opening though, indeed he can't see any way to enter it from where he is.

On the ceiling of the temple are five pillars, on in each corner of the temple, which are entwined into five helixes encircling one another like serpents into a singular pillar that is taller than the rest of the temple combined before forming five heads at the top. Each of these head is looking in one of the five directions that the temples corners and have a mix of features of vultures and serpents. They have vicious scythe-shaped upper beaks, but with forked tongues hanging out of them. They have a elegantly carved plumage with long feathers sticking out from their heads, but with serpentine eyes looking through that plumage and scales covering the rest of their bodies.

It's not really like demons to spend so much time on aesthetic design, so all this must have some kind of purpose beyond looking neat.

Though before Damon will have time to really consider what all this might mean, he feels a presence within his mind. He will recognize it as Jaccalish, but this time the demon lord seem to want more than just making its voice heard, it wants to access Damon's eyes, to see what he sees through them. I would advise you not to struggle, as it will likely alert the sentries. Besides, I just want a peek...
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-05-21 at 02:22 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

Tammy & Bill's Live Repair

"It is certainly intriguing."
    Is all Titania says in regards to the magic. While it certainly was intriguing, she didn't want to encourage Tammy to the point where the place would end up in flames, the paladin was after them, and they all lose their hats. That'd just be a travesty. After taking a moment to examine the wall next to Bill however, she turns to look at Will through her lenses. "Will, perhaps it is best if you head up and get some sleep now. If the proprietors will allow it, I would like to stay down here for the night as I've no need of sleep and I would like to take some time to study the local dialects and languages if Tammy or Bill has some resources I could read." She explains as she looks questioningly at the owners to see if they have such.

Raider's Cove

"Oh? And what would you know of better ways or what these people have gone through?"
    Brokenfang asks, offering a paw to help the angel to her feet gently so she can be pulled into a chair. "Not everyone is as blessed or as capable of blessing as you are. I am willing to bet that you wouldn't even care about them if you hadn't been on scene that day. No more than anyone else in that city at least." She explains. there's no anger or regret in her voice, as if she's just stating simple fact. "You helped them through addiction. That is truly wonderful, but now what?" She asks with what appears to be a slight frown appearing on her muzzle. "Will you take them all back? Bathe them? House them? Train them and feed them and get them jobs? All on your own?" She asks.

"In a matter of weeks most of them would just go back to their drugs on the streets with no where else to go, wasting their lives with no one to help them and not asking for help either." The Alpha points out. "That's the difference. There might be better ways, but they require the person needing help wanting help. I didn't ask as I already knew the answer. They are the dregs of society and they already know it. Inside doesn't want them, it doesn't need them, and it sure as hell didn't help them. Me though? I can give them a home and a purpose."

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

Will grins wide at Tammy’s display, even if her willingness to damage her own property is concerning.
    ”Woah. Where did you learn your magic anyway? It seems like there isn’t much at all here.”

He frowns at TTN.
    ”I’ve been sleeping for ages, Titania, I can at least wait until is totally dark outside.” he insists.

27. - Top - End - #1137

[The Crystal Apex]

Very unusual. Very, very unusual. Unfortunately a lot of this is probably lost on Damon. His mind is focused on the task at hand of wrecking everything demon-y in sight.

His mind is fo-

There is a very disgruntled mental hiss at Jaccalish's intrusion.

In order to aid his ascent, Damon has shifted into some sort of white fur-coated creature with well developed claws to aid with the whole climbing thing. Its body seems oddly stretched and almost serpent-like in nature.

If I struggled and alerted the guards, you would gain nothing from this, yes? Don't make idle threats, demon. Make meaningful threats, like this: See what I see if you so desire, but push your luck any further and you can be sure I will incinerate your temple after this.

Damon lets Jaccalish see through his eyes. He's not looking at the temple. He's staring at the mountain face in front of him as he continues climbing his way up towards the summit. It must be quite the sight for Jaccalish - all that white, some grey, some blue...a little brown,even!

[Raider's Cove]

Ithuriel refuses the hand and remains standing - not trying to be aggressive or confrontational, per se. More...stoic. She's fine. She doesn't need to sit down. "Uh, thank you. But I'm fine. Honestly." See? She says she's fine so she must be fine! "Blessed? Now? True enough. But I have not led a blessed life and I am well aware of the pains one endures when suffering from addiction. To put it bluntly, I've suffered far more than any of them. They only directly endanger their own lives, feeding their addiction. Sure, there's others around them who exploit them for personal gain and kill those who'd get in their way, but the blood is not on these people's hands. But when I fed, it could cost lives." Ithuriel lets that thought linger for a moment, staring silently at the people she just blessed.

Partly, she wants to emphasise that she does understand. Partly, she's curious if Brokenfang can figure it out.

"To care for someone, you need to know they exist first. Cities full of wealth and power are very good at sweeping the undesirables under the rug. So you're right, I might not have cottoned onto the problem for quite a while if your incursion hadn't prompted me to investigate. But I'm aware now. And everyone deserves a second chance. I'm dedicating my free time there to try and give some of those people the city would rather forget another chance. I'm pushing for assignments that put me in the red zones so I can try and help out more." She turns her gaze away, back to Brokenfang. It is a little weird talking to someone taller than her - or, well, significantly taller to the point where she has to properly look up. Her voice grows quieter, tinged with regret. "The sad thing is that you're not wrong. You can help people here, and whatever I do or convince others to do, it's not going to be enough to cause a major shift in Inside's behaviour as a whole. But...you took them. You kidnapped people and in so doing demonstrated your own feelings about the people living there. What, you think none of these people have loved ones? That there's nobody who cares about them? In your act of kindness you've displayed blatant disregard for the other "dregs of society" who know these people. There will be someone out there who misses them. Most of what you wanted, you could've got by asking. Instead you decided to take the easy route and made yourself an enemy of the city. What good does that do for anyone?"

28. - Top - End - #1138

[The Crystal Apex]

The demon does not sound surprised. Its voice lowered to a whisper as it replies. Yes, I expected as much. Of course, I took the opportunity to move my temple far away while you were gating so I'm afraid your threat is quite idle as well, Damon. But then the demons tone turn more pleasant. But let's not treat one another with threats, shall we? We are in a way on the same side here after all. If you just look at Sadakhis temple for just a minute or so, I will give you information that I know you will find very interesting. Information connected to your past. I'm thinking a small chunk of knowledge when you agree to the deal, and a larger chunk after you look at the temple for a minute. So what say you? I simply want to know what we are up against here after all. Everything I learn from looking at the temple, I will share. The demon lord suggests.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-05-30 at 05:47 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1139

Tammy doesn't answer Will's question right away as she just now seem to have noticed her husband and turns to him with a distraught expression. "Sorry!" She exclaims."I'll fix it up later, okay?"

Bill sigh. "I'm going to need to fix it up now." He turns to the door to the opposite of the door from which Tammy entered. It is likely leading into the workshop judging by what the inn looks from the outside.
    But before he can reach the door, Tammy places herself right in front of the door. "No, I'll do it now." She insists as the two exchange stares.
    Finally, Bill seem to silently relent and Tammy opens the door and closes it after her without even answering Will's question! "I'll be quick!" She insist.

"Just don't let your pets do all the work! You know what happened last time!" Bill attempts to yell through the door.
    He then turns to his two guests. "Uh, were you asking something about Tammy's magic, Will? Since from what I heard, she learned it from some ancient gnoll scrolls." He uses the word 'gnoll' as if he wasn't one himself. "But I guess you have to ask her once she gets back."

Then the bell rings and Bill's turns towards the door, so many visitors in such a short time. Hope they would be paying ones...

Entering the inn is a gnoll twice Bill's height wearing an black buttoned-up tunic together with a green belt with a golden buckle. Hidden in her brown fur are the scars of many battles, though her yellow eyes still carry a raw intensity about them. "Hello Bill."

His eyes widens. "S-Sargera!" He stammers. "W-what can I do for you?"

"The expedition is going to leave post-haste, so I'm going around reminding everyone of the change in schedule." Her attention is turned to Will and TTN. "Are these the new recruits?"

"Uhh..." Bill turns to them, they might want to introduce themselves here.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-05-30 at 04:49 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

Tammy and Bill Live Repair

Titania looks at the new gnoll, instantly picking up on that she seemed like someone a fair bit important even without needing to hear that she referred to them as recruits. "I am Titania and this is Will. We'd been told that our paperwork was under review, but we had not known it would be finished so soon." She explains. "Given that there seems to be a sense of urgency, I take it that something has occurred that requires our immediate assistance?"

Raider's Cove

Well, if Ithuriel wasn't going to take a seat, Brokenfang will. The Alpha, assuming that the angel is likely to speak for a long time, sits down on a bench and leans back with her arm along the back and one foot up on it. Even so, her ears twitch and listen to the angel's every word. She seems to frown slightly at the end, but she doesn't retort right away. It'd be easy to rise to anger at some accusations, but instead she thinks it over calmly. "You're right. Certainly, there might be people who miss them and they might miss others in return. It is an inevitability. These people have already heard my offer to give them a home here. Home, food, work, a purpose and life they couldn't have achieved in Inside under their own power and will." She says before giving a small dismissive wave at them. "If they think they are truly missed, that they have people who desire their return and consider that worth more than what I offer, then they can leave with you but you know what will happen if they do. But if after their time here they simply wish to leave, they can. I have no desire to keep people here who are unwilling to work or grow this village of mine." She points out before sighing and sitting up before standing once more.

"A nation's greatness can be measured by how it treats its weakest members."
    Brokenfang states. "A common misquote, but apt enough. You are right that what I did shows just what I think of Inside, and that is nothing but contempt and disgust. Just like the city-state itself has thought of these people. The actions of the few do not outweigh the issues endemic to that city. Perhaps you are genuine in your care for those like the ones I've rescued from that place, but I will wager all I have that many others simply do it to feel better about themselves and then parade around that they are good people despite their selfishness." She points out with a slight sneer and growl.

"I am selfish to be sure, but honestly so. Call me a hypocrite. Call me a bitch. I don't care. I do what I do because strength rules in this world whether you want it to or not. What you do with that strength is what matters."
    She adds before yawning and covering her mouth for a moment before continuing. "You say you've suffered because of vampirism, and I will believe you. Say you suffered more than these people again and I'll laugh in your face at the absurdity. There is no objective standard for suffering, Angel, and thinking that just because you thirsted for another's blood makes your experience worse than theirs so soon after claiming you understand their plight strikes me as far more hypocritical than anything I have ever said or done. I took these people from Inside on the worst days of their lives. Their lowest, their weakest. The days without hope at all. You know as well as I the shame and guilt they felt every time they gave in, and just how...normal they felt afterwards. Better than normal in some cases. It makes those like us look forward to the next time, this gnawing thirst or hunger that itches at the back of your skull, waiting to be sated. When I say I thank you for breaking their addiction so easily for them, I am genuine in such thoughts, but do not think that expediting their recovery is going to cause me to give anything up."

After that, she sits back down again, her frown lessening. "You say I have made an enemy of Inside? I very much doubt that. Oh, they may hate me and they may feel like I have made fools out of them- which I have, but I would not be sitting here looking at you if I had made enemies of the city. You don't let enemies just go free or without retaliation. I'm not even sure the city much cares about what I did, just that it was made a fool of. Now, if you said I had made an enemy of the company that made the two fabbers I stole, that I am willing to believe."