New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 3: A load of carp

[Beachside - Party!]

"I had my doubts about walking into the middle of a frontline, but with such a stunning woman towering above the crowd, I couldn't resist," Fayyaad says. Then melons start flying. The tiefling has little recourse, short of throwing fire, which isn't really appropriate for a beach party.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Halfling in the Playground

[Beachside - Party!]

Adir is bludgeoned with a melon slice!

Well, that was anticlimactic. It just sort of flops wetly off his face, leaving chunks of orange and a bit of juice. He blinks. "Whuh."

The stag glances up, ears flicking in annoyance. "Is... is that a fairy?" Why was she so strong! He grunts as he leans down and picks up the sandy, mashed chunk of melon. "Shoo!" He shouts, chucking it back at the pest!
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #363
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Beachside - Party!]

Anchor nods and looks out across the beach.
    "Well, I wouldn't say 'no' to a treasure hunt. I mean, if you don't mind having me along."
    As she stands up, she has to giggle at Fetty's overdone attempts.
    "Yeah, with all of us looking, we're sure to find something!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #364
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Beach Party

"Well I would be delighted to help you look for the staff pieces. A beach scavenger hunt is a perfect thing for a party right?" Can't go wrong looking for buried treasure. Undoubtedly no pirate will be angered by this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Fetty puckers his lips and makes a 'mwah' sound at the aforementioned tiefling as he goes. "I wasn't," he adds, waving his fingers. His eyes drift to the remainder of the group. "Alright. Treasure. Let's go! I fancy myself a bit of an adventurer, you know. Should be easy." He tries to looked distinguished and interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Above the Rocks

"A sense of dread pushes the bounds of sensible mentalities. It sounds like you were the only one that did not let fear guide you."
    Sorrow says, offering a tiny bit of comfort with her awkward words. She then begins to lather up, eyes closed as steam continues to rise off of her body. "Rage can do much the same." She admits quietly after a moment. "I fell to bloodlust in battle and refused to listen to my elder Sisters. Because I left the flank open as I charged ahead, they died. When the red haze cleared from my head, I left in shame rather than face the others for punishment. It is I who turned traitor, but I still seek to hunt anything that could cause them harm. That is my sorrow and shame and I know I will never make recompense for it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Anchor nods and looks out across the beach.
    "Well, I wouldn't say 'no' to a treasure hunt. I mean, if you don't mind having me along."
    As she stands up, she has to giggle at Fetty's overdone attempts.
    "Yeah, with all of us looking, we're sure to find something!"
    [Beachside - Party!]

"Oh, you'll help?" Zhareen claps her hand in excitement. "How nice of you all. But we're looking for these tiny metal pieces buried in the sand around here. You need some sort of detector, and a spade, and I didn't bring spares." The spade Zhareen brought along isn't even particularly big considering how it fits in her little tool belt. "But I know I got a zionic reading right there." She is pointing right behind the counter.

Above the Rocks

Faithel waves her hand dismissively. "It sounds like you're thinking too much about the past, Sorrow. We all have things we regret, but it's not like obsessing over them are going to change what happened. Some things we just can't forgive, so we just have to try to forget. It is the sad truth of the matter." She nods slowly. "I don't suppose you managed to save some of the ships cargo? It looks like like you could use something to drink."

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside Party

Willa blinks. Of all things, the detail with the eye reminds her of...no, it couldn't possibly be related. So she just takes pleasure in the sculpture. It's a very good one. Got her good side. Maybe even all of them.
    "Yeah, it's great. My compliments." she says at last, adding a wink.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party]

Reinholdt hmms in thought. "Well I may be the sneakiest one here, so give me the spade and the three of you find some way to keep the bartender distracted. Then I can slip back there and stealthily dig up the treasure while he's busy," Rein suggests. Minimum fuss right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Above the Rocks

"Perhaps, but getting drunk would mean losing control over myself. It would be a poor situation for all involved if that were the case."
    She points out before diving underwater to rinse off. When she comes back up, she's frowning and looking back towards the waterfall. "There's a tunnel under there." She says, looking over at Faithel curiously as the water steams off of her. The question is obvious. "How the hell did you know there was something behind there?"

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria sees Mimi throw the melon slice, but she misses when she tries to swat it down.
    [Beachside - Party!]

Adir is bludgeoned with a melon slice!

Well, that was anticlimactic. It just sort of flops wetly off his face, leaving chunks of orange and a bit of juice. He blinks. "Whuh."

The stag glances up, ears flicking in annoyance. "Is... is that a fairy?" Why was she so strong! He grunts as he leans down and picks up the sandy, mashed chunk of melon. "Shoo!" He shouts, chucking it back at the pest!
    [Beachside - Party!]

Mimi deftly swoops out of the way of the slice. It doesn't come anywhere near hitting her. "Hey!" She protests, glaring down at him. "How 'bout you shoo!" She dive bombs him, all of a sudden. Swooping at him to get right in his face.

9. - Top - End - #369

[Beachside - MELUN CHOPING]

Adir doesn't flinch, and he squints at the miniscule woman. "It's a public beach you oversized horsefly! One where you probably can't be throwing things at people!" He stops and stammers, "B-Balloons aside!"

[Beachside - Party!]

"Oooh, I got an idea, Mr. Reinholdt,"
    Fetty hops off his stool, glances to make sure the tentacular spectacular bartentacler isn't looking, and tries to hop between Anchor and Zhareen. If he can, he'll put an arm around each of them, whispering conspiratorially, "Howsabout you two girls go distract him? Flirt with the lug a little bit. I mean, I'm sure he's a dude, somewhere in all those appendages. I'm sure he'll love the two of you." He nods his head at Zhareen. "'Specially you! Why, you don't have legs, he doesn't have legs, it's perfect. Gimme your spade and I'll help Mr. Holdt dig."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #370
    Orc in the Playground

Beachside

Felandria turns to Fayaad and blushes slightly.

Thanks.

You're not so bad yourself.

Then she sees Mimi fly into Adir's face.

Then she starts to shrink down as wings sprout from her upper back, and soon she is only a little bigger than Mimi.

Why don't ya leave him alone?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside - Melon Chopping]

"Stay outta this, lady." Mimi gestures abruptly at Felandria before turning on Adir again.

"I was trying to tell you about the melon chopping contest, you dummy." Mimi suddenly flits forward and tries to prod Adir in the nose. "You only got hit in the head cuz you're a slow giant and you weren't even paying attention."

12. - Top - End - #372

Anchor leans in to Fetty just a bit.
    "But what if he's into other dudes, legs or not? You gotta come flirt with him too. I mean, there's just one shovel."

Slipping out from under Fetty's arm, she heads up and asks the bartender for a drink recommendation.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #373
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

Setting her tools down, Riss sighed and gave a half smile with everything apparently resolving rather nicely. "I will pass along the complements then. She'll be delighted to hear them, I think." the muse said, puzzling over what she should do for her actual first sculpture.

"So... what is it that you do, typically?" she asked, trying to make polite conversation. Asking about work was something safe and easy, at least. "Vocationally, I mean.. Or, well, hobbies too if you'd rather talk about those." she added. For someone who was typically so exacting, she sometimes struggled to get her ideas across in normal conversation..

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

[Beachside - Party!]

((Ack, so it was my turn all along. >.< Sorry. This is what I get for not paying attention.))

Fayyaad grins at Felandria, but then she shrinks down to join the confrontation. He jus watches it for now.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #375

[Beachside - Party!]

"How brave of you, mister Rein. That barkeeper sure does look tough!" Zhareen exclaims as she hands over the spade to him. "So I entrust you with miss spade, don't lose her!"

But as Fetty jumps in-between her and Achor, her attention is suddenly completely diverted to him, and she giggles as she hears his suggestion. "Oh I couldn't, I am married, it wouldn't be believable. Besides, I am told I'm not very good at it."

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Above the Rocks

"Perhaps, but getting drunk would mean losing control over myself. It would be a poor situation for all involved if that were the case."
    She points out before diving underwater to rinse off. When she comes back up, she's frowning and looking back towards the waterfall. "There's a tunnel under there." She says, looking over at Faithel curiously as the water steams off of her. The question is obvious. "How the hell did you know there was something behind there?"
    Above the Rocks

Faithel waves her finger at Sorrow, "That's what they told me too until I tried." Though perhaps that was a poor situation for everyone involved and Faithel was so drunk that she didn't even notice. She then relaxes back against the rocks as the Sister dives down, just raising her hand lazily as she hears about the underwater tunnel. "Just a lifetime of experience, Sorrow. Did you see where it led? I could dive down there and check it out... once I'm a bit more sober."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-09-13 at 02:03 PM.

16. - Top - End - #376

((Gonna wait for Rein on the bar scene))

[Beachside - MELUN]

"Listen, Tinkerbell, don't poke me. And what, a... a melon chopping contest?"
    Adir blinks. He snorts and scoffs, "What kind of dumb contest is that? What do you win?" He doesn't even try to further address how poor her advertising techniques are.

"It's okay, Fel,"
    he says, glancing at her now... shrunken state. "Damn, guess the size thing works both ways. But yeah. It's okay. I wanna hear this." He crosses his arms and returns his gaze to Mimi.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

Reinholdt takes the spade as reverently as he can. "I won't let you down."

He chooses not to cast a deciding vote on Fetty's addendum to the plan. Largely because he suspects the bartender might be more into Fetty than he would be into Anchor. Hard to say. Rein just looks at Fetty and shrugs before turning to head to a good position to watch for his chance to get back there and start digging.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Orc in the Playground

Beachside - Melons!

Fel backs down and reverts to her usual bigness, choosing to ignore the dig at giants.

She'll turn back to Fayyaad.

So, tell me about yourself.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

[Beachside - Melons!]

"My name's Fayyaad ibn Haashid al-Zafar, the tiefling says. "Simply 'Fayyaad' is fine, though. I had to leave my homeland rather quickly for a time, so I came here. I've been loving the place, so far.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Beachside Party]

Setting her tools down, Riss sighed and gave a half smile with everything apparently resolving rather nicely. "I will pass along the complements then. She'll be delighted to hear them, I think." the muse said, puzzling over what she should do for her actual first sculpture.

"So... what is it that you do, typically?" she asked, trying to make polite conversation. Asking about work was something safe and easy, at least. "Vocationally, I mean.. Or, well, hobbies too if you'd rather talk about those." she added. For someone who was typically so exacting, she sometimes struggled to get her ideas across in normal conversation..
    Beachside Party

Willa smiles. "I'm a knight, if you'd believe it. My brother and I inherited a decent-sized castle and land from our uncle. He's the lord, technically, but it's not all bad. I don't have as many responsibilities. Hobbies...I can play the guitar. I used to dabble in magic but I don't do that any more. And I considered modeling but I've never really been able to figure out how you do that. Maybe I should try something new..." she muses.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

Above the Rocks

"It goes perhaps a dozen feet behind the falls before rising up into an air pocket."
    Sorrow says with a shake of her head. "I did not look too closely lest it be some form of trespass, but there was a small travel chest and a cask." She explains, holding her hands out to about the length of a loaf of bread. "About this size for both. Shall I fetch them?" Sorrow asks, sounding unsure and out of her element.

22. - Top - End - #382

Above the Rocks

"Orr... just give me a few minutes? Wouldn't be the first time I dived down and fetched something." Faithel replies. "I'm guessing you haven't been around water much."

23. - Top - End - #383

[Beachside - Party!]

"Well, I can't argue with flirting instead of working, you know, but I insist Zhareen here accompany us. You're married, right? How bad at it could you be?" Fetty asks, amused. He follows, waving Zhareen along. The blue-eyed young man winks at Reinholdt before he hurries off to get in position.

"Hey, mister, whadda we gotta do to get some free drinks around here?"
    Fetty asks the barkeep loudly.

The orange-yellow fellow turns, his tentacle-hair swaying, and grins a pearly grin that's much more normal than the rest of his rubbery form. He adjusts his sunglasses at Anchor and Fetty. "You two? Just gotta stand there an' look pretty, dude."

He gives Anchor his full attention. "Now you can't come at a guy askin' for recs when he doesn't know what you drink. Whaddya like, man? Beer? Whiskey? Mixed stuff? I got it all!"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #384
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

"A knight, you say?" Riss echoed, an idea appearing in her mind on what she could sculpt without any meddling this time around. Little flakes of ice soon began flying as small, rapid strikes of a hammer began to chisel away at the block of ice in front of her.

"So, what's it like to have a castle, then?" the muse inquired, mostly just to keep the conversation going. "I mean.. I suppose you've always had it considering most knights are born in to some kind of nobility although a castle means something pretty serious from what I know." she added, starting to round out a few corners.

"I suppose I mean 'how does it compare living there than any other place you've been?'" she said, clarifying her question a little. It wasn't exactly a 'good' question but architecture was rather interesting to her at least. It was engineering that one lived in, after all.

25. - Top - End - #385

Anchor stands there and tries to look pretty. Distant smile, leaning forward, little twist to the hips. It's not something she usually thinks of, but she'll probably pull it off okay.
    What does she like? Hmm. You probably can't get the sensation of killing someone in a glass. Oh! Apples! She definitely likes apples.

"Mixed drinks, something with fruit in it. And not too strong."
    She's not terribly tough or accustomed to drinking, after all.
    "I'm sure you can think of somethings like that, right?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #386

[Beachside - Party!]

Zhareen is waved along, though while she followed Fetty, she would not flirt with this octopus-man!
    She would just have a glass of water. "I'll have water, please." She pauses. "No, make that apple juice." Such a brave choice.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

Reinholdt will wait just a bit for drinks to be delivered. If ever a bartender turns around and looks behind him, it's when they're getting drinks for new customers. Though this guy might not need to with his octi-arms. No point in taking that chance though. As soon as the drinks hit the countertop, he makes his move to slip back there, looking for a nice shadowy spot that's out of the way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside Party

Willa laughs. "Oh, having a castle is great. I was pretty dirt-poor before I inherited it. I think my family had a falling-out or something because I hadn't really heard of Uncle Colt until the will got read. It's real luxurious. Having servants is great. It's just kind of weird, going from having to squeeze into these little city facilities and then being given a place so ginormous the shower's its own room." she says, staring off into the distance. Some things never get old, no matter how long you have them.

29. - Top - End - #389

[Beachside - Party!]

The octo-man delivers, and does it fact do a little turn as his limbs dart out to snatch the various bottles and vials from their shelves.

"Feeling bold today, man?"
    the 'tender says to Zhareen with a grin, whirling back toward the others. Anchor gets a particular look.

"Well, man, I like peaches. I mean, everybody likes peaches, you know? It's a little weak for me, you know, man, but I got just the thing,"
    the tender rambles on. As he rambles his tentacles work, and by the last word there's a peculiar, pretty drink is set sweating before Anchor. It's appetizing color and tone is matched only by it's almost candy-like sweetness.

"And for you?"
    He asks Fetty. The little dark-skinned man smiles perkily and orders a Black Shadow.

Thus does Reinholdt have plenty of time to sneak around behind the counter and look around. The floor's all sand, and the bar's built from the side of a half-submerged wooden vessel that seems to have sank near or shored up here long, long ago. There's a dark doorway cut out of the wall, and a small storage room beyond that grants entry to a storage room. Stacks and racks of booze are crammed in at every side. The floor's still just yellow grains of sand at least. At one corner is what looks like a small trunk.

This is all, of course, provided he doesn't just start digging up in the outside strip of the floor behind the bar. He won't be stopped, even there in the open... at least not at first.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside - MELUN]

"Listen, Tinkerbell, don't poke me. And what, a... a melon chopping contest?" Adir blinks. He snorts and scoffs, "What kind of dumb contest is that? What do you win?" He doesn't even try to further address how poor her advertising techniques are.

"It's okay, Fel,"
    he says, glancing at her now... shrunken state. "Damn, guess the size thing works both ways. But yeah. It's okay. I wanna hear this." He crosses his arms and returns his gaze to Mimi.
    [Beachside - MELUN]

"I- I dunno. I never heard that part. But it's not dumb! What's wrong with chopping melons?" Mimi jabs her finger at his nose. "If anything's dumb, it's you. With your big, doofy face." She prods at him again.