New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cytia Pokémon League IC

B.T.

"Oh, tell me about it," B.T. grumbles, rolling her eyes. "Getting older sucks. I really advise against it. You have to pay tax, get a job, do paperwork and if you do anything illegal and get caught you get a proper ciminal record," she hesitates for a moment. "...Let's just pretend I didn't say that last thing, okay? Anywho, you want to scout then knock yourself out. Figuratively. Not literally, please. While I'm not really in a hurry, I still don't want to have to drag you back to town to get your concussion treated,"

B.T. waves a hand dismissively, as she takes a look around the trail.

"Let me know if you find anything cool,"
    Amazing Banshee avatar by Strawberries. Many, many thanks.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

Marcus Osterbahn

Marcus will smile at Sammy's explanation, hanging his arms behind his head as he walks alongside her. That comment about her father was notable - mostly in how it implied several things about her. It's unclear whether or not he'll be able to use it, but having information is rarely a bad thing.

As Nila pulls towards the wild grass and Sammy pulls towards the trainers, Marcus has to make a decision - and decides to follow the former into the tall grass. "Think I'm gonna tag along with Nila - you both have two pokemon, I need to catch somethin' to catch up!" Giving the blonde a half-hearted salute, he turns into the woods to catch up with the other girl in his party.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Samantha Clark

Samantha took the time to observe all of the other trainers. Each and every one of their choices intrigued her; they gave her insight on what their motivations were. What caught her eye most though was Reina jogging forward. From the blonde's perspective this route had become a racetrack. "There's no way I'm falling behind," she said to her traveling companions. "You can search around in the grass if you want but I'm not waiting." Her attention focused on the guitarist for a few moments. "Can you play and sing while running? If not, well, now is a great time to learn how to!"

With her words all spent Sammy started running after the loner. "Do let me know what Pokemon you find in there though!" she exclaimed to no one in particular. She intended to backtrack if necessary to find new additions to her team if any were suitable from her perspective.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Bob Autumn

Bob is caught off guard by Samantha as usual. He really wasn't made to move at any pace faster than a leisurely stroll. Sam had a way of getting his feet working though. When she starts sprinting away, Bob rushes in the same direction. He clumsily holds his guitar as he runs which really was putting a damper on his speed. Also slowing him down was the fact he forgot Tambourine. Bob realised this soon enough though and turn around while jogging in place so his Pokemon could catch up.

Tambourine was not amused and his first course of action was to give Bob a harsh tail slap on the top of the head. Once that was out of the way, Tambourine used his tail to firmly grasp around Bob's neck. With the Pokemon and trainer reunited again, it was time for Bob to charge after his fleeing companion.

Bob needed to learn to play and sing while running and this was a feat that was truly beyond him. Holding his guitar against his torso as he ran did not help his aerodynamics. The thumping of his feet and bouncing of his body also did nothing for his singing voice. To top it all off, Bob was also being slightly strangled by his Pokemon as the Tympole had no other means of hanging onto Bob. if only there was a more effective method for trainers to transport their Pokemon. Unfortunately, Bob couldn't think of a single one.

Despite everything working against him, Bob still ran behind Samantha and by Arceus, he was going to sing while doing it! Bob picked a song with very fast spoken lyrics. Even if they involved love, he didn't have time to think of another one.

I've just seen a face
    I can't forget the time or place
    Where we just met
    She's just the girl for me
    And I want all the world to see
    We've met, mmm-mmm-mmm-m'mmm-mmm ....

Bob followed Sam along looking like a goofball and blasted his music like a siren. Any trainer on this road would have to be both blind and deaf to not see the pair of them coming.
    Last edited by SiegeTower; 2016-06-18 at 08:49 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Zui, Yumeko, Ryoko, Rui

As the four of you discuss what you intend to do, Clubton finds himself face-to-face with a quadripedal Pokémon with mostly tan fur, except for a black splotch on the center of its back, and a small tuft of a tail. It seems to be staring intently at the bone in Clubton's hand.

Reina, Samantha, Bob

As Samantha catches up to Reina (and Bob catches up to Samantha), the three of you encounter three other Trainers; all of them are wearing sunglasses along with what appear to be uniforms that lack identifying markers. The one in front appraises you and says, "You'll do for a warm up," as the three call out their Pokémon: A Timburr, Shinx, and Ponyta!

Nila, Marcus, Johnny

The three of you end up looking for Pokémon in the same general area. As you search the grass, you hear Johnny's Pepper barking at something! Investigating reveals that he ran into a group of Rattata! The rat Pokémon seem to be on edge from Pepper's yapping.

B.T., Justin

After examining the tracks, Justin quickly find what he's looking for: a wild Sewaddle! It looks up at Justin curiously...then looks behind Justin and begins to waddle away; it appears a pair of Starly also found the Sewaddle and intend to attack it!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryoko

"S'cool. I know about being in an isolated place, miko... Although, uh, Kid? Do you really think Pokemon trainers would wanna pla--

The roughneck nearly bites her tongue hearing Zuikaku's ideas and almost tells her what's really in store when Clubton makes a noise. She looks down, nonplussed.

"Huh. Hey girls, we have company... Probably more in the fields." she says, thinking for a moment, trying to figure out what the fuzzball is before she fishes out her pokedex and aims it at the interloper. Clubton, for his part, holds his boneclub away from it, not looking too happy at the outside interest towards his weapon of choice.

Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show

(1d6)[4] just to see if Ryoko can figure this out on her own: a Pokemon Edu check of the lowest caliber....
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

7. - Top - End - #127

WhiteWizardGirl

Bob Autumn

"Huh?!"

If Bob was a car you would hear his tires screeching as they came to a halt. The poor man is barely able to stop his momentum as the weight of his instrument and the Pokemon dangling on his neck wanted to continue moving forward. Tambourine was kind enough to let go and jump off when this occurred though. The extra air was certainly a treat for Bob but it wasn't enough to stop him from panting way too heavily for air.

"W-what-" Bob loudly exhales. "Warm up?" Bob breathes in heavily. "The running was enough for me." A few more pants followed by a cough. "I'm beat. You go on ahead and do your thing without me. Fwoooooh!"

The guitarist plopped his butt straight on the ground for he was ready to begin his resting. Bob didn't get what the other trainers were really getting at until they brought out the Pokemon.

"Hey hey take it easy Buddy Rogers. I'm a lover not a fighter. Tambourine here is my music partner not my sparring buddy." The tympole takes a place next to Bob and vibrates a pleasant tune from his cheeks to corroborate the tale.
    Last edited by SiegeTower; 2016-06-18 at 11:54 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Nila
    The girl drops to a defensive stance, Pale Night chittering protectively from her head. "Hey, hey, we don't mean any harm. Just passing through... Can you calm your Houndour, or are we going to fight them?" she asks, casually, reaching for a ball while staying on her toes around the wild.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shift Action: Flutter – AC is increased by 3
    Pulling out a Pokéball
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryoko

Looking down at the stray puppy, Ryoko spends a moment of silence contemplating the pokedex before she looks at her poor, perplexed Clubton.

"Clubton, throw your boneclub a ways." Her cubone seems shocked that she would suggest such a thing, as if she had just told him to put it into a wood chipper. "Clubton. Do as I say. It'll be alright." Mother's word being final, Clubton reluctantly pitches his club a ways, and of course the lilipup dashes after it and brings it back to him. Ryoko has him repeat the game a fectha few times before she picks up the pup, who offers no complaints. In fact, its tail is wagging!

"So, uh, I guess we caught a lilliwhatsit. I got the charmander back at base, do any..um.. of you.. wanna?" she keeps the puppy pokemon aloft, looking for any takers.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

10. - Top - End - #130

Samantha Clark

"There's no time to rest Bob.. Autumn!" Samantha exclaimed to her minstrel companion. She had been so much in the zone that she had not noticed his efforts to keep up with her despite how admirable they were. Even the words hadn't met her ears. She tossed out her own Pokemon and out puffed her majestic swablu. "Come on Sayaka and Tambourine! It's your time to shine. There's no way these guys are going to beat us." The blonde winked at Reina afterward. "Looks like you're stuck with us after all."
    Last edited by ptdapen; 2016-06-19 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Typos!

11. - Top - End - #131

RedKnightGirl

Justin Hawkins

“Heh, you make it sound like you're decades older than me. Oh but don't worry, this shouldn't take too long.” Justin hurries off to get the lay of the land, looking for signs of passage and other indicators of wild pokemon. He keeps his pokedex out to see if this has any helpful advice on the topic, just in case.

When he encounters the wild bug looking pokemon, he scrambles to scan it with the pokedex. “Whoa look at that! Hey, BT check this...” he stops as he notices the birds making hungry eyes at the leafy pokemon. “Whoa now, not this time. Dusty, let's go save this little guy. Spider Web those birds!”

He calls out again to BT. “Over here! I might need you help to avoid that concussion after all!”

Spoiler
    Show

When/if combat rounds start, I'm looking at these actions.

Justin will use Focused Training on Dusty as a his Standard Action and additionally granting him 1 momentum.
    As a Swift he declares Starly 1 as the Tagged target.
    He holds a potion in his off-hand, just in case.

Dusty will move and use Spider Web on Starly 2 if he can reach.
    Momentum: 1
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2016-06-19 at 01:23 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Nila
    The girl drops to a defensive stance, Pale Night chittering protectively from her head. "Hey, hey, we don't mean any harm. Just passing through... Can you calm your Houndour, or are we going to fight them?" she asks, casually, reaching for a ball while staying on her toes around the wild.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shift Action: Flutter – AC is increased by 3
    Pulling out a Pokéball
    Johnny looks back with a smirk, several long metal throwing spikes in his hand. "Well I'm certainly gonna fight them, you're free to join in."

Spoiler: Combat
    Show
    via roll20 I have confirmed there are four Rattata. My and Pepper's Init are 5 so you'll go before I do.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Zuikaku

Zuikaku was on her way to rush to the road when Yumeko and the others called out to her, and she turned to face Ryoko as she did battle against it... through enticement of the Cubone's bone. Her eyes light up as she exclaimed, "Ryocchan, that's so cute! It wants to follow you now, you can't let it down! Call it something cute, Ryocchan!"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by CateranEnforcer View Post
    Justin Hawkins

“Heh, you make it sound like you're decades older than me. Oh but don't worry, this shouldn't take too long.” Justin hurries off to get the lay of the land, looking for signs of passage and other indicators of wild pokemon. He keeps his pokedex out to see if this has any helpful advice on the topic, just in case.

When he encounters the wild bug looking pokemon, he scrambles to scan it with the pokedex. “Whoa look at that! Hey, BT check this...” he stops as he notices the birds making hungry eyes at the leafy pokemon. “Whoa now, not this time. Dusty, let's go save this little guy. Spider Web those birds!”

He calls out again to BT. “Over here! I might need you help to avoid that concussion after all!”

Spoiler
    Show

When/if combat rounds start, I'm looking at these actions.

Justin will use Focused Training on Dusty as a his Standard Action and additionally granting him 1 momentum.
    As a Swift he declares Starly 1 as the Tagged target.
    He holds a potion in his off-hand, just in case.

Dusty will move and use Spider Web on Starly 2 if he can reach.
    Momentum: 1

B.T.

"...Not that much older,"
    B.T. mumbles as she wanders over to where Justin's looking. "What's up? ...Oh," she blinks as she takes in the scene and winces. "Ah, the food chain in action. Never pleasant to watch, even less pleasant to get involved in,"

She sighs aloud. "But I bet your Joltik's going to be next on the menu if I don't help out, so... ugh," she sighs and, unclipping a pokeball from her belt releases a pancham in a flash of red light. "Right, Panny. Protect the bug. Bugs. Whatever,"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    B.T. - Standard Action to release Panny in front of Justin and Dusty. SPD 12.
    Panny - Wait for everyone else to take their damn actions before doing anything since he's SPD 2.
    Amazing Banshee avatar by Strawberries. Many, many thanks.

15. - Top - End - #135

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So, Rui snuck off on her own while Ryoko and Yumeko were distracted by the Lillipup last night in the roll20~ They ended up finding her after the fact though, I'll just assume that Zuikaku would've followed them when searching for a Rui.

Rui Mitsuharu

Rui would scratch behind one of Baron's ears in reward as her Pokedex read off Starly's entry. "Whose my good hunter, huh? Yes, you are~ Good boy, Baron~" Rui would giggle a bit as she'd put the pokeball for her new Starly into her pouch, picking up Baron and straightening up, turning around only to find the rest of her group heading her way through the tall grass.

"Oh hey, I caught a Starly~!" She'd pull the pokeball right back out, showing it off to her friends with a grin. "It was a battle for the ages~ Hmmm... I think I'll name him Eggolas~ How'd playtime with that pup go?" While talking, she'd put the pokeball back, next taking out a Potion while nimbly holding a slightly squirming Baron in her other arm, carefully spraying the medicine on his bruise as his squirming intensified.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rui uses a Potion, Baron recovers 20 HP~! Also, what's Eggola's HP at after capture? I assume he's not at full and probably has an injury, right? Also, not that familiar with PTU yet, do we get pokemon exp for captures, or only for knock outs?
    Last edited by Nyna; 2016-06-19 at 06:50 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136

Reina

The younger girl would frown as she found someone catching up to her. Her pride was a bit wounded, but she'd quickly get over it, as she found opponents. A trio of fashion disasters... Reina quickly placed a hand on her cheek, nearly slapping herself for the very thought, as it forced a shiver to run through her entire body, as Samantha was giggling at her. The girl would sigh softly, before reaching to her belt, taking Kenshiki's pokeball and casually tossing it next to her, as the device would explode in light, before sailing back to her hand in miniturized form, wierd blob Pokemon happily appearing at her side as it looked around at the crowd around her.

"I'm starting to think like Fer... Oi. Now I have stalkers following me. At least you didn't call me some weird nickname. I am Reina Travies of Johto, you can try to help or sit back and learn something. Kenshiki, eliminate the targets. We'll start with the horse, and cycle through."

Reina smiled a bit, as her Goomy would stand upright and at attention, waiting for its moment to strike.
    Last edited by Mura-neechan; 2016-06-19 at 07:02 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137

Griffon

Yumeko Shiroi

"Congratulations to you both!" Yumeko makes a small giggle of pleasure at the team's sudden influx of cute new companions.

"Zui-chan, did you also... Oh! What's going on over there?" She points to where the 2v3 battle is unfolding on the road ahead. "Are they... playing a game? But it looks really serious..."*

Spoiler: Rolls/OOC
    Show
    *Intuition 11 to tell that it's probably not hopscotch... probably.

I imagine the other two groups are concealed by the tall grass, or else Yumeko would notice their situations too and point them out with equal concern. So much violence on the very first day!
    Last edited by Elfbird; 2016-06-19 at 01:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Zuikaku

Zuikaku, on the other hand, doesn't appear to have made motion to capture a new companion, rather happily bobbling around her new friends. Zuikaku, you should probably take training a little more seriously...

"Oh, huh..." Zuikaku squints a little, and then grins as she says, "That looks like a lot of fun, are their Pokemon playing with each other?"

19. - Top - End - #139

WhiteWizardGirl

Bob Autumn

Tambourine was on Samantha's side for the battle. It seemed the young Pokemon's natural battling instincts overcame his unusual musical ones. Bob wasn't sure what had gotten into his percussionist.

"Hey Tambourine, that ain't the way to spread the love. What are you doing buddy?"

Tambourine slaps his tail against the ground and throws Bob a mean look.

"O-okay...if you're sure."

Bob slowly gets up from where he was sitting. He keeps his guitar close to him and readies himself for, he doesn't know what.

"I guess I'll play us...a battle hymn?"

Bob needed a moment to think about what he would sing. He certainly wasn't used to playing music in this context.

20. - Top - End - #140

Samantha Clark

"I am not stalking you!" the blonde whined, "There's only one road for us to go down! And Sayaka and I are just as capable as you are!" She stomped on the ground with her fists tightened as part of a little fit; she was not used to people being unfriendly to her. Reina's words had been the second time today! But she recollected herself and gave Bob Autumn a thumbs up. "Play a glorious hymn to announce my... our first victory of this journey!"

Samantha turned back to the loner and nodded. "Alright Reina, I'm Samantha and I came from Sinnoh. I'll let you take the lead. Sayaka! Peck that horse!" Sayaka nodded and soared forward beak-first towards her designated opponent.

The socialite then walked forward with a slight curl on her lip. She was hedging her bets that dorks like these guys would get distracted by a girl as charming as she was. The only doubt she had was that today already proved that her charms were not infallible. Regardless, placed one hand on her hip and blew a kiss to the apparent leader of the opposing group. She added in a wink too to seal the deal.

Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show
    Samantha:
    I'm assuming the one in front was Trainer One so he's the target of Lovely Kiss. If I'm wrong, just target whoever.
    Lovely Kiss: (1d20)[16]

Sayaka: Attacking the Ponyta!
    Peck: (1d20+1)[18] (Focused Training?)
    Actual Damage: (2d6+8)[14] + 12 (Attack Bonus)

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Nila
    Carefully watching the Ratatta, Nila slowly edges her way around the underbrush, focusing her mind on the obvious weak points on the small mammals. While her overland distance is slow, her actual motions are rather quick, never staying in exactly the same place for more than half a second, instead dancing and leaping her way around the field.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Focus Energy - Nila is now Pumped
    Shift Action: Flutter - AC increases by 3
    Swift Action: Disengage - Move 1 2 meters

Pale Night
    If Ratatta approaches through the tall grass and makes a melee attack
    Pale Night watches her trainer circle around the grass, always eager to give chase to prey. Pale Night however preferred to wait for her prey to come to her, and lo, a morsel approached her, eagerly, even! The Spinarak spits a bit of web at the foolish rat.
    Spoiler: Constrict
    Show
    Normal, Physical, Melee
    AC: (1d20)[1] 2, Lower enemy Speed, Critical hit on 19-20
    Damage: (1d6+12)[14]
    If Crit: +(1d6+1)[4]

If Ratatta ignore Pale Night
    Pale Night watches her prey, enjoying how blissfully unaware they are of her. That lack of attention would cost them. She backs away a little bit, firing poisonous barbs at one of the rats that she could reach.
    Spoiler: Poison Sting
    Show
    I'm not writing half a dozen different contingencies for all the different ways that the Ratatta can move, but suffice to say I'll move Pale Night after the Ratatta move, and pick an available target, since most likely they'll target Pepper.
    Poison, Physical, Range 6
    AC: (1d20)[6] 2, Poison on 16-20, Critical hit on 19-20
    Damage: (1d8+12)[18]
    If Crit: +(1d8+1)[6]

Show

22. - Top - End - #142

WhiteWizardGirl

Bob Autumn

It was finally time for Bob to sing a pro-war song! ....he couldn't do it. Bob simply didn't know any. Well he did but they were wrong. They weren't classic. They were the most dreadful of all thing, modern.

Bob had to resort to plan B. It may not have been a pro-war song but at least it was about adventures. That was close enough. Bob begins to play while Tambourine does his battling thing.

Get your motor runnin'
    Head out on the highway
    Lookin' for adventure
    And whatever comes our way
    Yeah Darlin' go make it happen....

Bob tries his hardest to motivate the Pokemon. He played as best as he could given his percussionist was occupied and this song was not meant for an acoustic guitar. Bob kept on playing his heart out though. He hoped Tambourine would try his best to.

It seemed Bob's Pokemon did as Tambourine took the initiative to attack the Ponyta. Tambourine was a natural fighter as all Pokemon were. That spunky little water type blew bubbles all over that flaming horse's face.

Spoiler: Combat Stuff
    Show
    Tambourine uses bubble
    To hit: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    If Crit: [roll2]

Bubble lowers Ponyta's speed by 1 combat stage on a to hit roll of 16+
    Bubble has burst 1 and will hit any other enemy Pokemon in range.

Bob cheerleading ability motivates the Pokemon. Spends 1AP to motivate all three pokemon. Motivated Pokemon gain 1 combat stage in the stat of their choice.
    Tambourine will pick SPATK.

Tambourine has Friend Guard.
    Trigger: An adjacent Ally takes Damage
    Effect: The damage is resisted one step further.

Tambourine is Inspired.
    Inspired Pokémon gain a +1 bonus to Evasion and +2 to Save Checks.
    Last edited by SiegeTower; 2016-06-19 at 10:33 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryoko

Ryoko looks down at her puppy after everyone passes his claim back to her. He looks up at her with large eyes and she tries not to smile.

"Clubton, meet your new brother, Snips. Now, c'mon boy, this dex says you're good at finding things. Go have at."

After assigning a pokeball to her newest family member Ryoko lets him down and gives him the order to 'pickup' anything he can fetch, and while he disappears into the grass, the colder, crasser Ryoko is back.

"They're playing a game called "Loser gets Mugged," Kid. Whoever loses that pokemon battle has to cough up dough to the victor. S'why I think we should stick to the tall grass until we all have a posse'a pokemon, not just one."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Zuikaku, Yumeko, Ryoko, Rui

Snips comes back with a shiny green rock soon enough, with a leaf marking on one side. The four of you approach the gathering of Trainers up ahead, just in time for...

Reina, Samantha, Bob

...the trainer battle to begin! The Ponyta whips Sayaka with its tail, intending to soften up the fluffy bird for its companions to team up on!

Samantha's flirtatious kiss completely grabbed the trainer's attention, completely forgetting to actually command his Pokémon!

Tambourine wriggled up and let out a cloud of bubbles, nearly extinguishing the Ponyta and softening up the Timburr!

Sayaka followed up with a Peck against the flaming horse, knocking it out entirely! Its trainer exclaims, "Already?! Geez..."

"Shinx, uh...Tackle the Tympole!" The kitten-like Pokémon dashed forward, ramming into Tambourine! (15 damage)

Bob's song fills the air, motivating the Pokémon to do their best!

Kenshiki gurgles forth; it couldn't hit the Ponyta as its trainer wanted, but it quickly adapted and aimed to catch the Shinx in its bubbles along with the Timburr! Neither one looked like they could take much more punishment!

The Timburr stands there, waiting for a Trainer's command that's not coming. The other trainers try to get his attention. "Hey, dude, get your head in the game!" "...Huh?" ...but he's already missed his chance to act!

B.T., Justin

Dusty's web entangles one of the Starly, leaving it to leave itself vulnerable trying to scrape off the webbing! The other Starly, seeing that its food wouldn't be so easy to reach, hits Panny with one of its strong wings! (30 damage)

The Sewaddle slowly starts edging away from the Starly, but stops when it realizes it hasn't been attacked yet, noticing that the people are interfering. It seems to be staying put to watch the proceedings.

Johnny, Nila, Marcus

As Nila slinks around the grass, one of the Rattata -- still watching the Houndour -- focuses, looking for a weak point if it has to fight.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

Marcus

Rats.

Well, they look like rats, anyway. Maybe mice - Marcus never really figured out the difference between them. Regardless, it certain is...much less noble than the starting pokemon the professor offered...but at the same time, they're rare, and whatever this is probably isn't. It might be worth trying to catch - or just fighting for the experience. He can at least keep them from running away. "Alright Flavio, get ready to trap 'em when I tell you to, okay?"

With that he'll turn to Nila and the third potential ratter. "Either of you interested in catching one, or just beating 'em up?"
    Last edited by Charm25; 2016-06-20 at 12:12 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

Johnny shrugged, not taking his eyes off the Ratts. A moment later he realized the others might not be taking their eyes off the things either and spoke up. "Not a concern here, at least not with this number. Might reconsider when it's down to one, or if an opportunity presents itself, but don't hold back on my account. Pepper certainly won't."
    Last edited by Lokyar; 2016-06-20 at 12:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147

Griffon

Yumeko Shiroi

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    "They're playing a game called "Loser gets Mugged," Kid. Whoever loses that pokemon battle has to cough up dough to the victor. S'why I think we should stick to the tall grass until we all have a posse'a pokemon, not just one."
    "To... cough up dough? That sounds uncomfortable. Are they bakers?"
    Yumeko's confusion only grows more intense as the battle progresses. She blushes profusely at Samantha's... bold flirtations, but keeps glancing back to watch even when she looks away. Her head bobs to Bob's beat.
    "...Oh, they're playing with bubbles! Ehe--ah?! That one just passed out! It looked really hurt!"
    Yumeko whips her head between the six Trainers and her companions, trying to read the situation. Most of them seem unconcerned, even eager, so she won't do anything sudden, but she's ready to rush in the moment help/first aid is called for.

Pyrrha, meanwhile, watches the battle with an excited glint in her eyes. She barks encouragement to Team Idol, though too quietly to hear from so far off, and stretches during lulls in the action.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Nila
    "Not a huge fan of them. It's not exactly in the top percent of Pokémon back home," Nila says as she back flips closer to her allies.

Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Zuikaku

Zuikaku folded her arms and had a kind of distasteful expression on her face. "Yeah, I don't see any dough... also, doesn't it have to rise for a while? You shouldn't eat raw dough, you know! I tried that once with cookie dough, and mom scolded me real bad for it."

She stepped forward to say, "But, if there's one thing I know I don't like, it's seeing Pokemon get hurt!"

Uh oh, is she about to just run straight into the middle of a Pokemon battle?

30. - Top - End - #150

Griffon

Yumeko Shiroi

"Ah... Maybe the fire-type Pokemon was supposed to be baking the dough, but ate it instead, and that's why it got punished? A-and the bubbles didn't really hurt it, but the surprise gave it sudden indigestion?! Wait! Maybe it passed out because dough got stuck in its throat! Somebody make sure it can breath!!"

Yumeko and Pyrrha step up beside Zuikaku, the miko dropping her naginata and hastily retrieving the first aid kit. She can handle medicine and bandages, but will leave the hands-on first aid to Zuikaku's superior training.
    Last edited by Elfbird; 2016-06-20 at 04:43 PM.