New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Shadow Puppets IC

Quote Originally Posted by GreyStormcrow View Post
    Finn points to the top right corner. "This one, here. I wasn't able to get inside yesterday, so I don't where inside they are, but that's where they should be.
    Any entrances other than the obvious one?
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"There's the front loading doors, the rear entrance, and a pair of skylights on the ceiling."
    Wasing not of wasing is.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

"The skylight would be my option of choice," Terae says. "Easiest to get to unseen."
    Playing Terae Leaf, Shadow Puppets campaign IC / OOC/char sheet

4. - Top - End - #94

NecromancerGuy

"I can cause some chaos in the warehouse to distract them and confuse those inside. A couple of bolts would do the trick especially if they are unable to see in the darknes
    "Once, a bear grappled me and I dropped my weapon. She holded me so hard that the only thing I remember is the bear releasing me and running away. All I saw was a huge part of its arm missing and the wound being burned like someone bit it with fire."

The story of a barbarian while resting after being fatigued by his rage

I AM NOT QUITTING ANY GAMES. I'LL KEEP CHECKING THEM AND BE SUBSCRIBED TO THEM UNTIL THE DM DECLARES THEM DEAD.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

There was something about this whole debacle that had been eating at Rostam, but he could not place it. He had chosen to push it to the back of his mind and focus on more important things, but finally the back of his mind returned with an answer, a flood of rumors and stories that he had locked away for later use. Dramatically, he slapped his forehead, exclaiming, "AH! I remember now! You mentioned that this was possibly connected to the Ticks gang, correct? My, what nasty business..."

He straightened his self, and continued, "Whatever our course of action, we should keep caution at the forefront. If the rumor mill has yielded any truth... well, let's just say that their name is apt."

He pointed to the northern entrance, tracing his finger to the office, "This seems the most direct route, and thus, perhaps, the most fortuitous. Almost too simple, one would say. Did you notice anything that could complicate it? Guards, locks, or the like?"

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

6. - Top - End - #96

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    There was something about this whole debacle that had been eating at Rostam, but he could not place it. He had chosen to push it to the back of his mind and focus on more important things, but finally the back of his mind returned with an answer, a flood of rumors and stories that he had locked away for later use. Dramatically, he slapped his forehead, exclaiming, "AH! I remember now! You mentioned that this was possibly connected to the Ticks gang, correct? My, what nasty business..."

He straightened his self, and continued, "Whatever our course of action, we should keep caution at the forefront. If the rumor mill has yielded any truth... well, let's just say that their name is apt."

He pointed to the northern entrance, tracing his finger to the office, "This seems the most direct route, and thus, perhaps, the most fortuitous. Almost too simple, one would say. Did you notice anything that could complicate it? Guards, locks, or the like?"
    "I did not get the opportunity to examine it at night - if that is when you intend to do this - but I do know that the hallway is guarded during the day - by a Troll, no less - so it is not unreasonable to presume similar precautions may be taken at night."
    Wasing not of wasing is.

7. - Top - End - #97

NecromancerGuy

Thar'Daniss closes his eyes and isolates his mind from any surrounding sounds, trying to focus all his mental capacity to the team's target and scanning for the slightest clue of magical auras.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Anything caught by Detect Magic?
    "Once, a bear grappled me and I dropped my weapon. She holded me so hard that the only thing I remember is the bear releasing me and running away. All I saw was a huge part of its arm missing and the wound being burned like someone bit it with fire."

I AM NOT QUITTING ANY GAMES. I'LL KEEP CHECKING THEM AND BE SUBSCRIBED TO THEM UNTIL THE DM DECLARES THEM DEAD.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Noticing Thar'Daniss's actions, Elias stepped by his side and also casted Detect Magic focused on the warehouse, just to make sure nothing was missed.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

"Will we stay united, or split up? We can have one team provide a distraction while the other sneaks in- a move that has both advantages and risks, such as two chances to be caught," Terae says.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

"A troll? I hope they can't handle more than one, and that it likes to sleep at night." Garlin thinks for a moment, and says "I think we should stick together. If we get spotted, and combat ensues, it would be easier to fight our way out."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Then we'd best go through the back entrance; I'd favor going through the skylight, but not all of us are that athletic and splitting into two groups is problematic, as we have no way to keep coordinated.

12. - Top - End - #102

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Detect Magic
    Show

The range of your spell is not quite enough to encompass the entire warehouse from here. It reaches into the front office, though, where you detect several Divination Effects as well as a Transmutation one. The front doors each possess an aura of Abjuration, and the number above them is rife with Evocation.
    Wasing not of wasing is.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

((OoC: Strength of each individual aura, for details?))

"Tch. Multiple divination spells. Each door has a defensive spell on it, and probably a trap on top of that to boot. There's a transmutation effect on the warehouse too, but it could be anything, honestly. Bet it's something nasty, though."
    Last edited by Tuvarkz; 2016-07-04 at 05:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Terae nods, "There is wisdom in unity."

15. - Top - End - #105

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Detect Magic.
    Show

Each aura is Faint, though the one on the Warehouse's number is noticeably stronger than the others.
    Wasing not of wasing is.

16. - Top - End - #106

NecromancerGuy

"I can dispel one of them, preferably the trapped door if we make it that far. As for splitting up, I can provide a really good distraction from up here, but I too agree it would be best to stick together."

Taking a moment to think, Thar'Daniss continues

"As far as the fight indoors goes, I am able to have control over small areas and rooms with a combination of my spells. I'll use Fearie Fire to surround a target in light, and then use my Deeper Darkness in the area. My target is easy to be spotted and attacked, but unless he has an extreme type of supernatural ability, allowing him to see even where normal creatures can't, he won't be able to attack any of us. That way, we can pick them off one by one."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

"As much as I would love to go gung-ho on a ravenous band of miscreants, our employer did ask us specifically to keep it subtle and low key, did he not?" Rostam glanced over at their employer's representative.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

18. - Top - End - #108

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    "As much as I would love to go gung-ho on a ravenous band of miscreants, our employer did ask us specifically to keep it subtle and low key, did he not?" Rostam glanced over at their employer's representative.
    "While that would certainly be... ideal, he is fully aware that things usually don't go quite as planned. As long as nothing can be traced back to him - or to you - he will not be overly disappointed if things get a little bit messy. We should try for subtlety if at all possible, though - nobody wants a gang war."
    Wasing not of wasing is.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

"That can be a back-up. Stealth first. I am fairly capable of subduing someone non-lethally as well."

20. - Top - End - #110

PaladinGuy

Time passes. It is after midnight, and you stand in the street, feeling the chill of the night air upon you skin. The number of the Warehouse winks at you from down the street, visible even in the dim light of the moon.
    What do you do?
    Wasing not of wasing is.

21. - Top - End - #111

PaladinGuy

Seeing that no one is inclined to take the initiative, Finn speaks. "How should we proceed?"
    Wasing not of wasing is.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

"Finn, can you disable the door's traps? I believe no one else in the group is capable of disarming magical traps, and unless you are able to, we'll be left with no option but to brute-force our way in." commented Elias.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Rostam stared up at the structure. He nodded to the others, "I will circle the warehouse for one last bout of reconnaissance; I trust that everyone will be fine with this. Please trust that I will return in..." he counted up on his fingers, muttering to himself before finishing, "...ten minutes!"

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

24. - Top - End - #114

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvarkz View Post
    "Finn, can you disable the door's traps? I believe no one else in the group is capable of disarming magical traps, and unless you are able to, we'll be left with no option but to brute-force our way in." commented Elias.
    "I do have some experience in that area, yes. We can only hope it will prove enough."
    Wasing not of wasing is.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Brant takes up the rear, mind bolt already formed, keeping lookout.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

"If there's someone who sees us, I'll rush and disable them quickly," Terae contributes.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

"I'm ready to go in when you are"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Rostam waited until he was out of sight, before ducking into an alley. He sat, lotus style, rubbing his temples, rocking back and forth, muttering some mneumonic to himself as, slowly, a dark figure emerged from his crown. It fell upon the ground before him, where it lay still for a few moments, before looking up. They exchanged wordless glances, before he stood up, and it took flight. He trusted that it knew his plans. It dwelt in his head, after all, and they had done this before.

He strode before the edifice as his creature passed beyond its walls, glancing about for danger.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

29. - Top - End - #119

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Rostam
    Show
    The phantom finds a short hallway coming away from the back door. A pudgy man lies sleeping in a chair, snores slowly sifting through his mustache. You deduce that he must be a night guard. Your phantom easily passes him by.
    Once again slipping through brick and mortar, your phantom enters a wider and more open space. Racks of metal boxes are arranged in rows throughout the room, lit only by the rare moonbeams that manage to slip through the grimy skylights. Your thorough examination reveals no signs of guards patrolling the rows.
    A light shines through the inner window of the front office. Three humanoids - all Half-Orcs - sit around a table, playing cards. There is no window on the record room, but there is no light coming from under the door.
    The area is, as far as you can tell, empty.

Spoiler: Everyone Else
    Show

Finn shakes his head. "This is taking too long, we can't wait on him anymore. We'll be noticed. Keep a lookout for me please, good sirs."
    He approaches the door and crouches by the lock withdrawing a few tools from his suit coat.
    Wasing not of wasing is.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Elias simply nodded, drawing his weapon.