New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Summer Tour]

An easy way to go wrong: ask what the goddess would do, make it happen. Strike right away, cut into the storm-angel and devour it.
    Alexis is supposed to be nicer than that. Alexis really is nicer than that. She can beat this thing with only words.
    "Listen, and KNOW that I only speak truths. You can tell that, can't you? There's no need to harm us. The spell of alienation was enough to fill the letter of your obligations, wasn't it? It doesn't matter what happened to the angels you cast out, once they were cast out. It doesn't matter that we regained our forms, if they were once taken away from us. Your lord expects certain things, but does not necessitate them."

The thing's wings slow their whirling, and it doesn't immediately attack.

"And think what you risk by challenging us. One failure, and you are left as imperfect as can be, just like the fallen one who started this whole thing. You clearly know of Message and of me, but you don't know us. We have done nothing but defend ourselves."

The angel's wings grow still, and it closes six-times-eight eyes, leaving only one to regard Sarina.

You HAVE attempted to deceive me. Account for yourself.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 2: Electric Boogaloo

[Summer Tour]

Sarina crosses her arms. Arrogant jerk. "You threatened her. I will do what I can to protect her. That's it." she says simply, though she has questions for all of what Alexis just explained.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #993

Default [Summer Tour]

It was not WRONG to do this, but only mistaken.

The angels closes its last eye and returns whence it came with a thundering crash of air and electricity. For a brief moment there is a connection between here and somewhere else, but if left behind, it quickly vanishes.

Alexis lets out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

[Summer Tour]

"Well, that happened. Are you all right, Alexis?" asks Sarina, skittering over to put an arm around the gorgon's shoulder. That was quite the impressive speech. Even if it did leave Sarina questioning a thing or two.

5. - Top - End - #995

Default [Summer Tour]

Snakes coil around Sarina's arm and begin a quiet cacophony of hissing and carrying on about what just happened.
    "It did. It did happen!"
    Alexis's aura flares up as she turns to give the spider-girl a quick kiss. She hadn't been as sure as she'd like that the speech was going to work.
    "Good work with the shield, and not shooting too quickly."
    "Perfect."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

[Summer Tour]

Sarina smiles and turns around, waving her abdomen for Alexis.
    "Well, thanks. Hop on, we still have places to be." she says quietly. She feels like she's going to be very tired by the time they rest again...

7. - Top - End - #997

Default [Summer Tour]

But not the sort of questions that she asks right away?
    Well, she'll have time to ask them as they're in transit, if she cares to.

Alexis hops back onto her mount and off they can go!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #998
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Shapeshifting Shenanigans]

Corvus follows Willa to the eponymous Trog's Tavern, marveling at how the place seems to be bigger inside than outside. After a moment, he heads to the bar, and requests a room, before ordering a large, bloody rare steak, a beer, and a bottle of wine.

"For later," he says, winking at Willa, then smiles. "What would you like to eat?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll do chicken, I think. Hard to mess up." Willa says. It's a tavern, after all. Normally, she wouldn't go for meat two meals running, but she's part cat at the moment and it's altering her appetite just a little.
    "So, what did you think of my tour?" she asks him.

10. - Top - End - #1000

NinjaGuy

"I learned quite a bit, and I enjoyed every minute," Corvus says earnestly, smiling gently. "I hope I've not been too much of a burden."

The bartender takes Willa's order and hands Corvus his room key, indicating that the food will be out shortly before going to get the drinks ready.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, of course not! It's always nice to meet new someone new." Willa insists.
    Especially given that she can count her friends on one hand. But she'd never tell him that. Maybe, one day, he'll find out on his own.

12. - Top - End - #1002

NinjaGuy

Corvus' smile broadens.

"Indeed it is, and I'm so glad I met you. There are...not many that I've met who are like you, and they are all different in some ways..."

Most of them are either dead or in another world he has made no progress towards returning to. But there's no reason to bring things down mentioning that. Come to think of it, he's starting to see fewer reasons to try and return there, anyways.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

Willa can't figure out exactly how to interpret that line.
    "Well, I guess different doesn't necessarily mean bad..." she posits, becoming aware of her situation again. She'll be sad to give Corvus up, but he won't want her tomorrow when she's herself.
    Is she forgetting something?

14. - Top - End - #1004

NinjaGuy

"I suppose unique would be a better word, and no, it's not bad." Corvus chuckles, before going on, smiling, looking deep into Willa's eyes. "None of them match your beauty, and few come half as close to being as interesting or knowledgeable, and to be quite honest, I don't want this day to end. That's what I meant."

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Willa blushes, turning away.
    "Flattery will get you nowhere, or so they say." she says, covering her mouth. No one's ever spoken to her that way. She's not really sure how to respond, though she'll be saved by their dinners arriving, and giving her a momentary respite.

16. - Top - End - #1006

NinjaGuy

Corvus' smile doesn't wane as their dinners and drinks arrive, and he shifts a bit.

"Would you prefer to stay down here, or dine in a more private setting?"

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

Shapeshifting Shenanigans]

Willa considers the question and nods to Corvus. "I think it would be quieter in the room, don't you think?" she posits.
    Honestly she hasn't ever thought of taking the dinners upstairs. People must do it, but she's never actually seen anyone do it.

18. - Top - End - #1008

NinjaGuy

Corvus nods, and leads the way upstairs, unlocking the door with the key, before pushing inside. How he does this with his hands full with his plate, and drinks is an exercise in dexterity and flexibility, but he manages the feat nonetheless. Inside the room is a small table they can use to put their things on, along with a couple of chairs and a bed.

"Here we are," Corvus says, putting his plate and drinks down. He looks around quickly and pulls the chairs up, making sure Willa's seated comfortably before he finds his own. "Best eat up while it's still warm, right?"

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

Willa smiles at him.
    "Yeah, probably." is her simple response before she digs in. She won't say too much, letting him eat and both of them finish everything before they continue. She doesn't have refined table manners or anything, but she doesn't make a mess either.

20. - Top - End - #1010

NinjaGuy

Corvus is quite civilized, though he's not being picky about manners, either. Soon enough, their meals are consumed, and Corvus pours them each a glass of wine, before offering a toast.

"To new friends!" He says, clinking Willa's glass and grinning at her, an inviting grin, a tempting grin, practically daring her to make them more than just friends, though that's probably not quite his intent.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

Willa smiles. After the meal, she'll lean back in her seat, looking at the ceiling.
    "So, what now? Would you like to stay the night here? We'd have to share the bed." she says deviously.

22. - Top - End - #1012

NinjaGuy

Corvus doesn't say anything for a moment as Willa seems intent on studying the ceiling, but he moves, swift and silent as a cat, until he's suddenly looming into her field of vision from behind, his face an amused grin, full of warmth, a bit of delight mixed in.

"I think I would like that very much. I did say I didn't want this day to end. But..." He pauses for a moment and bends down slightly, until his face is close to hers, and he's looking deep into her eyes. "Only if you want to." He's close enough that she can pull him in to kiss him if she wants, but he seems to be willing to respect her feelings if she's just teasing him.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

Willa is all too happy to pull him in. Though it will likely be obvious that she has very little experience in the kissing department.
    Still, if he doesn't mind he's more than welcome to take her to the bed and draw a curtain...

24. - Top - End - #1014

NinjaGuy

Corvus doesn't seem to mind in the least. He wraps his arms around Willa and scoops her up, in them, as though she weighs nothing, and carries her to the bed, doing his best not to break their kiss, and draws the curtain behind them. It's quite some time before it comes back up, with her still held in his strong, warm arms, arms covered in silver tattoos that flow up his shoulders and down his scarred back, all the way down to his knees. A contented smile is plastered on his face, but he stays quiet, reflecting on the day's events.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

The universe is kind enough for Willa to not run out of time during their fun, but the sun has well set by the time she's dozing in Corvus' arms. It'll be a gentle but firm push against him as her bottom inflates back into its proper shape. She'll lose her cat while her tattoos revert to being blue. Though her hair will stay long. Depending on what side Corvus is against he might end up sitting on top of her large form, or being gently pushed off the bed. Across the room, her clothes revert as well.
    And yet until he makes any noise, she'll continue dozing.

26. - Top - End - #1016

NinjaGuy

Corvus is mildly surprised, but manages to keep his cool and stay quiet, though he does wind up on top of her as a result of positioning. He shifts slightly, just to readjust the blankets and pulls her a bit tighter to him, kissing her forehead gently. It's been quite awhile since he's been with someone who's shapeshifted in their sleep, but it doesn't bother him. She's still the Willa he met, still the Willa he wants, no matter what form she wears. He does hope she won't be too embarassed when she wakes, though, or too scared when she finds out that he can shapeshift himself.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

Willa does pull him against her chest as he kisses her forehead. He may have noticed some slight amount of self-consciousness in regards to that, but it's one of her more subtle hangups.

Eventually though she will wake up. Slowly, her eyes opening to meet his.
    "Oh, hello Corvus. What time is it?" she says with a yawn.

28. - Top - End - #1018

NinjaGuy

Corvus himself dozed off after a while, and while the din from the bar downstairs never really dies down, it does seem a bit quieter, as though it's the middle of the night. He's awake again by the time Willa wakens, though, and he smiles at her.

"Early morning. I'm not sure if the sun's up yet since there's no window, but it will be there sooner or later. Did you sleep well?"

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Willa's eyes go wide as he mentions the sun coming up. Or maybe it's because she tried to roll onto her back and realized that she can't due to her half-ton bottom existing again.
    Her face and ears immediately go crimson and she tries to cover her face with her hands. "I forgot about the time limit. I'm so sorry...." she mutters into her own hands.

30. - Top - End - #1020

NinjaGuy

Corvus catches enough of it to be pretty sure of what she says into her hands, and simply puts his arms around her shoulders so her hands are free and squeezes her, a reassuring smile on his face.

"Nothing to apologize for, though I'm curious, now. What sort of time limit are you referring to? Do you need to be back somewhere before sunrise?"