New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: New Dawn (IC Thread)

Rooster at the Roots

Spoiler: Leaving the Nest
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadeus Gigletor View Post
    Leaving the Nest
    Spoiler: Previously
    Show

"Ah, greetings In-Arl, I shall tip my hat to you!"

Gigglethorne tips his hat to In-Arl, following which he starts to look around. As he tipped his hat, a peculiar energy slithered its way from inside the hat and began to merge with In-Arl's shadow with more pieces moving to find other shadows to inhabit. The Rooster's shadow began to shift and soon seemed to be taking actions independent of the being it was a shadow to.

"Whilst I do appreciate the offer for a life of soldiering but if I must be honest, I'd rather not. Pain is after all rather unpleasant and thinking of all the potentially nasty things that could happen to me within the military... I shudder at the thought. You seem a big strong Rooster and I'm sure you are more than capable of surviving the plethora of ways to be harmed such as: burning, electrocution, decapitation, dismemberment, torture to name a few. But lil ol' me simply doesn't believe I could possibly withstand such cruelties. Though I am in no way an ungrateful fellow and will certainly lend a hand if so needed, if only because you are my... parent? So I shall go a wandering, I'm simply burning with curiosity at this life of mine and the world I'm in."

And so with a twirl and a flip, Gigglethorne leapt from the nest with haste. His parting words being:

"Farewell, We'll see each other again! Watch out for your shadow!"

Thus Gigglethorne left the nest and began his own journey in this world.

Spoiler: AP Actions
    Show

Create Mythical life(4AP): Living Shadows: These beings live in the shadows of other creatures and beings. This can happen without the awareness of the being that this being has attached itself to. These living shadows are secretive beings that lack the ability to physically manifest, though they are capable of simple things such as lifting and dropping things (Think like some kind of telekinesis). They lack offensive power but make up for it with their elusiveness.

Divine Infusion(3AP): Living Shadows: With a divine infusion from Gigglethorne, a connection was born between him and the living shadows, a connection Gigglethorne would exploit to always be capable of observing and learning what the shadows had learned, there are many secrets to discover. The Living Shadows also became more expressive, or actually more mischievous and would take any opportunity to stealthily play tricks on its host. They are also now capable of physically manifesting as their hosts shadow (Shadow doppelganger basically).

Gain Domain(3AP): Knowledge(Secrets)

16AP-10AP=6AP

The Coward paled at the mention of each and every way he could be harmed. This entire affair was not going anywhere close to the way he imagined it. What was happening? All he wanted was a soldier, and what he got was a disobedient Son. Then his child stated that he would fly away. The Rooster was even more flustered at this, and called out after his departing brood:

Wait, don't go! And, what do you mean about my shadow!?!

But it was too late, his Son had already left and he was alone once more.

By now the sun had come up once more and the Rooster heard the croaks of the Roosters of the Tree crying out against the Dawn - which made him feel a little better. But, unfortunately for the Coward he saw something shift in the periphery of his vision. He turned around trying to catch this new threat in his sight. Instead he saw nothing. Nothing except for his own shadow.

He lifted his arm - the shadow lifted its arm. He preened - the shadow preened. He stood on one foot - the shadow stood on one foot. Nothing wrong with his shadow. Just more nonesense from his Son.

He breathed easier. He was alone, and safe. He thought back to what his son said - all those ways he was in danger. He shuddered and then ruffed his feathers. He needed to get away. Perhaps we would fly to the furthest branches of the World Tree and rest there?

And so without a care in the world, well . . . many cares, most of them about how small and weak he was, how everything could be a threat even if he didn't know . . . he took flight to make a grand nest at the Canopy of the World Tree.

However, as he took flight, he didn't realize that his shadow didn't follow him up into the air. So as In-Arl flew to the top of the world tree his shadow - the shadow of a rooster stayed on the ground - flat and two dimensional.

And while In-Arl went up his Shadow went out - it flew, except it did not so much as fly as glide. . . although that is not the right word either. It adhered to the surface of the roots and then moved to the surface of the waves. It stayed two dimensional, bending with the currents. Clouds overhead did not vanquish it. Neither did night. It was a tiny patch of sentient darkness that flew . . . exploring new horizons.

The Shadow being Brave when its Caster Would Not.

Show
    2 AP / 1 PAP

1 PAP - Bless - In-Arl lost his shadow! His gained sentience and it can survive own power. While Gigglethornes' Living Shadows only exist with a Host, since this shadow was of a God, it became more powerful than other living shadows.

2 AP / 0 PAP
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2016-06-24 at 10:57 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post

Fortunately not all new found brothers were proving to be disavowers. The Spirit Cloud power brought power into being. Something similar to what he was intending to do but much more focused. And in the focus it was certainly more powerful.

The iron deity observed with pleasure how the child reached for her brothers and some of her tame wild power was shoved unto them strengthening them almost to the point were they could sustain themselves.

"Choo'wohn. You sure have few memories and are confused as to what is happening. My own awakening was confusing too. Here."

Mist coalesced arround the goddes proding her playfully and carrying memories. Dragon's memories of Rylios stories and the world seen through the healer's eyes. Dragon's memories of the fishes lives traveling the seas of the world. The god tried to whitheld most of his own, for they were naught but pain and fire burning deep inside him, hammered into a broken existence by the smith god.

"Spirit Cloud. You are truly powerful. If you could lend some of the power you used to birth such magnificent creature to the other angels we can still save them. Otherwise I fear the Smith's departure will spell their doom before they are given the chance to prove themselves."
    Okhot, Sky Father

Exhausted by the sheer amount of power he just had expended over the making of Choo'wohn, his "daughter", the Sky Father was begging for a rest and nearly cried when Dragon asked for more. Yet, the god was correct : the other angels looked... incomplete.

"-Fine !! I shall do my part !! Choo'wohn was good pratice, though I don't think I have in me what it takes to create more like her.
    To her brothers, I nevertheless make the same gift :
    They shall be the shield of the weak and our spear against all sources of needless destruction and suffering !!
    As Choo'wohn will watch upon the seas, they shall do their duty from the very sky, flying above all and bringing with them the fury of my domains !!
    Their voice shall cast thunder, their wings shall command the wind."

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 4AP PAP: 0PAP

+1 PAP (Pantheon "Vitae" is created)

Action -1PAP (Pantheon common action : Create Mythical Life : Angels )

Angels at their inner core are pure incarnum, that means that their spirit transpires into their physical body (most likely made of metal, I'm trusting Darklink to describe that further) and are ultimate expressions of life. Like other creatures that utilize incarnum angels grow more powerful the more memories they have, that is with age, and since angels are ageless they have a lot of potentials. Not only that but angels incarnum is so powerful that it allows them to resonate not only with other, souled, creatures but also with objects. They can use it to send memories, sharing power, or potentially steal memories taking power. Of course being good creatures most angels won't do the last thing...

Angels have healing magic flowing though their body which they can channel to heal others. Thanks to this, their natural healing is incredible fast with wounds healing while they are being inflicted.
    Angels are gifted with healing to the point of being able to turn a bloody mess of organs that’s not yet dead back into the pinnacle of health without a scar within a matter of seconds.
    While it is possible in break an angels’ bones, they don’t stay broken for long.

Angels all have metallic wings, gifted to them by the Great Smither, along with flaming great swords made from adamantine, silver, gold, cold iron, and cobalt. It is a ritual among new angels to prove their worth in various quests given by their elders and, upon accomplishing them, to visit Mount Steel to receive the gift.

Angels can fly freely. Although some have wings, they fly thanks to magic, bending reality to their will over a short area. They can also teleport to any area they are familiar with or to any creature that calls upon them through their given name.
    They are able to manipulate the elements, especially all things connected to the air. They do this through their voice, whose commanding tone is imbued with magic, allowing them to have the same authority over mortal creatures, although the strongest willed ones might resist.

4 AP - 0 PA = 4AP
    0 PAP + 1PAP - 1PAP = 0 PAP
    Last edited by Johel; 2016-06-24 at 11:56 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Aedifus mused for a moment. "Okhot. Have you seen beautiful majestic creatures with silky, soft white feathers that seem able to fly, but apparently cannot? Do you know from whence they hail? I believe it must be from that great tree across the ocean, for the demons that lurk under my mountain are far too ugly to be touched by the same divine hand."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by darklink_shadow View Post
    Aedifus mused for a moment. "Okhot. Have you seen beautiful majestic creatures with silky, soft white feathers that seem able to fly, but apparently cannot? Do you know from whence they hail? I believe it must be from that great tree across the ocean, for the demons that lurk under my mountain are far too ugly to be touched by the same divine hand."
    Okhot, Sky Father

That... was a good question from the Great Smith. And Okhot had no idea, for the Sky Father had been too focused on Mount Steel and more specifically on the beings to the creation of he had just contributed.
    Yet, not one to admit his ignorance, he gave the obvious answer :

"-Of course, I do."

And his attention shifted back to Choo'wohn.

"-I see you are confused, chi... hum, daughter.
    You did good. What you just saw is your will made manifest through divine energy. It is a rather complex process and I could take eons trying to explain it but I guess I wouldn't be very good at it. Not as good as practice could make you understand.
    You seem to have a natural talent for creation, which makes me proud. I couldn't have wish for better offspring. Keep on making me proud. Keep practicing. I shall always be there to help and so will be your... other father. And the angels, too.
    Do you have any question or wish, Choo'wohn ?"
    Last edited by Johel; 2016-06-24 at 12:08 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

The Forge Lord smiled. "If you could please, direct me towards their creator."

He wondered what manner of glorious diety could even fathom such glory, such awful beauty. He was excited to learn from someone who could craft such things from such a useless material as flesh.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Okhot, Sky Father

On this one was easy too !!

"-Follow Sol until it cross the horizon. In that direction, you shall find the origin of those creatures."

Which was technically true, since Sol turned around the First World. So eventually, the Forge Lord might find whoever created those things. The Sky Father felt so clever for giving the right answer while avoiding to admit he didn't have a clue... then he remembered the vision he had had about the Ebon Court and the creatures that had gathered there.
    The feathered one !! He also remembered the armies clad in dark armors, marching through the roots of the World Tree. Well, those didn't even exist yet but the wind had whispered the intent to him and he had showed it to Rylios so...

"-But beware !! For it is a fool, crafty creature whose might I fear even your masterpieces could not overcome, should you attract its wrath. I do not know its true name but you cannot miss it when you shall see it, for its creations look much like a parody of itself."
    Last edited by Johel; 2016-06-24 at 12:16 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Aedifus nodded grimly. He would have to prepare himself for the ordeal first. He would have to forge armor to protect himself and things to keep his forge safe. He may only be gone for hours, but those damned demons might accidentally drop his tools into the lava, and that'd be annoying.

Although, honestly, he was starting to find the little creatures entertaining. But they needed to keep in the tunnels, and out of his forge!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Marwolaeth and Manyara - The Mutagen Chambers - "Partings"

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post

That Which Begins..
    Manyara

As this Prince lifted her to her feet, the Argent Maiden felt the sudden surge of knowledge; embraced a new vision.

It was thing of utter nothingness. Cold, empty, lifeless.

In that moment, Manyara realized that her first vision had been flawed. It had embraced all that was; in doing so it ignored all that was not.

This place was oblivion, utter and complete. No thought, no heat, no life, no pain. It was a nothing that contained all that ever could be, the absence as powerful as a sleepless dream.

The only chance for true peace, true freedom from pain and suffering.

Reality was forged circular and endless, but from that was an artificial infinity- there had been a time-before-time; a nothingness-before-everything..

..and that meant a chance to return to it.

Her sorrow began to burn into the conviction of a god, a force so strong the world itself would be bent around it before she would around it.

And as the words of the Prince rang in her ears, Manyara knew what she must do. She could give this freedom, this true peace to all living things- She could show them this and let them fly free of the endless circular cage of reality.

She spoke for the first time, "As it was, so let it be once more. Reality is circular cage; let all become free from it. I shall make this an inevitability, that all things know true peace and freedom once more!"

The Sage of the Moon rose to her feet, eyes blazing with the cold white fury of a thousand frozen suns, and spoke once more, "Let my first proclamation be a solemn oath to the world, to all life. You will not suffer eternally. I cannot free you at this time from the cruel nature of reality, but let me give you this: Should your suffering grow beyond your ability to comprehend, should life itself become a pain unbearable, call out to me and I will set you free."

These words echoed into the air, whispering themselves into the hearts of all living creatures.

I smiled and bowed my head to the Argent Maiden, "You've a kind heart and an appreciation for that which truly matters. I would council you to steel yourself for the world beyond, for it is filled with the suffering of existence, but I sense in you a great strength and indomitable will. I leave you now, to find your own way, but know that it is but brief parting for you've seen where I can be found in the solace of Umbra. If you've need of me, you have but to ask. If, in your travels, you encounter The Devourer or The Watcher, know that they too are your friends."

I turned and followed The Fracture up through The Chaos and to the Shifting Isles. I surveyed the land briefly, "This will do, in fact, with a bit of work it may just be perfect. Soon. Soon." My contemplation was cut short by a flash of light as a cry went out across the First World:

Spoiler: A Speech for Gods
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by weet555 View Post
    A speech for gods

Rylios arrived at an area of land that dared not rise above the water. ‘Here will do, none would care if this place was destroyed.’ He stood with the water up to his knees and spoke so that only gods could hear.

”Gods…” boomed his voice. “I am a healer called Rylios. I wish you to know that times of pain and suffering are coming, for there are some that wish to destroy all that is. But this will not go unopposed, there are us that will try to stop this destruction. I ask you that hear this ‘Will you help us protect that which is?’.”

“I know that my words are heard by those that will spread suffering for its own sake and would end all. I wish you to know you will never reach your goals while I live.” Rylios words echoed across the First World.

Rylios lifted his staff “If you wish to find me … HERE I AM! his staff struck the ground and there was a flash that could be seen for miles. When a god heard his words, they knew where Rylios was when he had yelled.

Marwolaeth and Rylios - The Shallows - "Lines in the Sand"

In his arrogance, he made it easy to find him, so I simply willed myself there, manifesting as a massive, vaporous cloud of uttercold.

"You speak of suffering and destruction; tell me "Healer"(dripping with disdain)...what do you know of suffering? What do you know of destruction? Have you had your mind torn open? Have you had your insides pulled out and infested with parasites? I have, and yet here I am...still. Tortured and tormented by you and your kind. YOU are the DEFILERS that polluted my world with your putrid creations!"

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Vitae: Okhot, Choo'wohn and Dragon. Mt Steel

With the angels completed there was much relieve inside Dragon. Relieve that eased the pain. For an instant the healing magic that he constantly weaved threatened to heal him whole. Fortunately for everyone involved he realized what was happening and stoped healing till the pain once again cleared his head. The thoughts jambled. Words failing him griping in the fire within.

"Good. Those of you who wish to heal go with Rylios. Those of you who wish to protect go with Choo'whohn. Those of you wish to craft go after the smith. Those of you who wish a better world go with the Spirit Cloud. But... Those of you who want to see all that made and are willing to stand at my side while we buy time for them in battle. Those I'll gladly embrace in brotherhood."

As he spoke many angels positioned themselves in groups ready to answer to the call of the other gods. But as Dragon ended his speech some turned to him. For angels wanted to build, to create, to heal, to protect. Those were all noble goals and they were at their core. But some knew they had a choice to make. A hard choice that others, not even the gods that had created them, could make. Would they bring harm to those that hadn't brought harm to them yet to prevent them from doing so? Dragon knew their doubts, he understood those doubts. But if the conflict was inevitable shouldn't they strike swiftly?

"You are an army but you are no mere soldiers or warriors. There is no dishonor in finding other callings. If you choose not to wage this war directly there is still other ways to add. Those of you who truly wish to stay out of it, can do so. We will need a place to turn and call home, or weapons and armors, or healing, and travel. I won't lead anyone to war who isn't fully committed."

Dragon's group dwimdled a little. During his earlier speech his group had swollen with those from other groups that had been moved but this time those had a second chance. And some took it. There would be a warrior in them, but a warrior that could not wage the war at the enemie's doorstep. Satisfied once the angels were split into more or less even groups he took to the sea and his angels followed.

The god didn't skim over the waters but let himself be engulfed by them. They went down to where the light didn't reach. Fishes turning upon their presence as the angelic wings pushed the water like mighty fins. The angelic warhost made it to the bottom. The pressure almost topling them. But determination held them upright. They entered the demon tunels as a group, following at the hed of Dragon.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    AP 11 - 2 AP

2 AP Create Society: Angel Hosts, each of the five angel hosts follow one of the five gods that were involved in their creation. Their main goals are aligned with each of their leaders but they are much more likely to collaborate with each other, sharing information and resources. Angels rarely change host since their determination is normally found within the goals of each group.

9 AP remaining

OoC
    : This post was changed. As far as I can see it only affects Johel's quote in this post. Sorry in advance. I tried to keep the changes minimal.
    Last edited by thethird; 2016-06-25 at 01:01 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

The Shallows (Marwolaeth and Rylios and the Lotus)
    The Lotus had heard the voice of Rylios and was intrigued. The divine plant released a seed which contained all that it was and would ever be. The seed fell into the great oceans below and floated towards the source of the voice. Behind it the former husk of a god crumbled and withered to dust.

On its journey the divine seed sprouted into a large lily pad in a shade of the most vibrant green. It looked nothing as it did before, for the god of change and evolution could never retain just one form. But in essence it was still the Lotus.

In time it came to the location of the gods Ryios and Marwolaeth, and as it bobbed in the ocean waves it asked, "I have not seen these signs of destruction, but I do not wish for life to perish. Please tell me more of the threat that you foresee." For it did not know from which of the two the warning had come.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by RolandDeschain View Post
    Marwolaeth and Rylios - The Shallows - "Lines in the Sand"

In his arrogance, he made it easy to find him, so I simply willed myself there, manifesting as a massive, vaporous cloud of uttercold.

"You speak of suffering and destruction; tell me "Healer"(dripping with disdain)...what do you know of suffering? What do you know of destruction? Have you had your mind torn open? Have you had your insides pulled out and infested with parasites? I have, and yet here I am...still. Tortured and tormented by you and your kind. YOU are the DEFILERS that polluted my world with your putrid creations!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneStomper View Post
    The Shallows (Marwolaeth and Rylios and the Lotus)
    The Lotus had heard the voice of Rylios and was intrigued. The divine plant released a seed which contained all that it was and would ever be. The seed fell into the great oceans below and floated towards the source of the voice. Behind it the former husk of a god crumbled and withered to dust.

On its journey the divine seed sprouted into a large lily pad in a shade of the most vibrant green. It looked nothing as it did before, for the god of change and evolution could never retain just one form. But in essence it was still the Lotus.

In time it came to the location of the gods Ryios and Marwolaeth, and as it bobbed in the ocean waves it asked, "I have not seen these signs of destruction, but I do not wish for life to perish. Please tell me more of the threat that you foresee." For it did not know from which of the two the warning had come.

Rylios looks into The Void

Rylios looked upon the mass of icy mist that seemed to drain the warmth and light out from the world itself.

“If your words are true I know not the suffering that you speak of nor do I know how that which has been made makes you suffer. May I ask how that which is makes you suffer?” He made a small bow.

“I am a healer and perhaps there is a way to ease your suffering… without destroying all that which is?” Rylios outstretched his left hand to the Uttercold.

A healer, a plant and the void

Rylios bowed to Lotus. “You wish to see the signs to the coming darkness?” Rylios looked around him then pointed to a crack that went from the ground unto the heavens.

“That is a sign if one could ever be seen.”

“Have to you seen what was green plains be made ash, have you felt the water try to devourer every piece of land there is? Finally, from what I have understand this god...” The rust knight gestured to the god of the void.

“Wishes to destroy all that is. Ask them about the end of all that is, they are here before you.”
    Last edited by weet555; 2016-06-24 at 08:31 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Azrial - The hunt of the sun and moons, A display seen across the First world

Azrial had promised the General that her people would be his soldiers. But before they could be trained as warriors, they would need time to grow, Independent of her influence. She would return to them when the time was right, but for now she sat, watching Sol as It moved across the sky. It had been doing so for some time now, since before she first gave life to the elves. It was concerning, with each pass the moons grew closer to Sol, soon they would reach it. What would happen next, she could only imagine.

It was during one such contemplation that a sky shattering scream rang across the heavens, this was no metaphor, The dawn was just breaking, the crow of In-Arl's children bringing smile to her lips, when the scream came and caused the sky to shatter. Great veins of burning white light standing persistent in the void, as if the whole of the void was a glass dome that had finally given way. Azrial filled with rage at the site. First the fool moons sought to strike Sol and now the very sky threatens to fall down around it. She would not allow it.

As Azrial stood, she heard the call of gods unknown, claiming they stood strong before a coming darkness. This healer, Rylios, and their allies. Perhaps they are right. Perhaps the time for action had come.

Azrial rose to the sky in a flash of light, she flew far above the world tree, into the shattered void. She looked towards Sol, fleeing through the void from the moons that sought its end. Her Voice was a thunder. "You would flee from ones such as this. Insignificant whelps who enviously pursue you. They hunt you because they crave your power. They hunt you because they fear you. Show them they are right to fear you! Show them you are greater!" With these words Azrial shined, with Sol's blue light. She raised her hand and soul erupted with arcs of blue flame that reached into the untouched regions of the void. These flames wrapped themselves around the moons that foolish sought a power that would forever be beyond them. The moons were burned with Sol's unbridled fury, the weakest were shattered to so much dust, while those that were strong were burned by Sols unbridled fury. Their light faded from them, until they were left as no more than burned a pitted rocks. As Sol's great flames receded, the moons relented. With their lights dead, they shown instead with a reflection of Sol's blue light. "You have done well to realize you true strength. You and I were born as one and your power is my power." As she spoke those words Azrial reached into her chest and pulled from it her own light which became two Gems of the purest translucent crystal holding within a still burning blue flame. One she forged into an amulet and bore it on her neck, the other she thrust deep into the heart of Sol. "We shall never be separated. Always we will carry each other within us. Now go. show this world the light shall never be conquered." Thus did Sol turn in the sky, the moons that once hunted it leading the charge, In the coming days these moons would become known as Aeos and Aethon. Now It was the usurper moons who ran from Sol's glory. Never again would The Light flee from It's enemies.

As Azrial returned to the first world, she did so with new Determination and Power. She would go to the elves and make them ready. The Dawn was coming.

Show
    Starting AP : 8 & 1PAP

Bless -1AP & 1PAP : Sol's Reprisal (Sol Itself has crushed the moons that sought Its power, destroying them. The two largest moons have submitted to soul. Burned and scarred from their battle, their own light has faded and now they serve to reflect Sol's light. The Cycle of night and day has been reversed as Sol turns to conquer the moons and stars that sought its end, with Aeos and Aethon leading the charge against their former brethren.)

create major artifact (Combat +3RCR) - 5AP : Sol's heart (This artifact exists in two parts, both of them flawless translucent crystals with a blue flame ever burning in the center. The first exists in the center of sol permanently infused with its being. The second has been fashioned into a silver amulet and is worn around Azrial's neck. There is a link between the two gems that allows the bearer to wield the blue flames and brilliant light of Sol, manifesting this power either from their own location or making Sol itself lash out with its power. Like wise the Artifact empowers Sol with the strength of Its bearer, granting it previously unknown potency. While this artifact exists, Sols light and flames cannot be extinguished by any other than the bearer, effectively replacing Sol with the Artifact.)

Remaining AP: -1AP-5AP-1PAP= 2AP & 0PAP

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

The War Between Angels and Demons - The Crackling Below
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    Vitae: Okhot, Choo'wohn and Dragon. Mt Steel
    Dragon's group dwimdled a little. During his earlier speech his group had swollen with those from other groups that had been moved but this time those had a second chance. And some took it. There would be a warrior in them, but a warrior that could not wage the war at the enemie's doorstep. Satisfied once the angels were split into more or less even groups he took to the sea and his angels followed.

The god didn't skim over the waters but let himself be engulfed by them. They went down to where the light didn't reach. Fishes turning upon their presence as the angelic wings pushed the water like mighty fins. The angelic warhost made it to the bottom. The pressure almost topling them. But determination held them upright. They entered the demon tunels as a group, following at the hed of Dragon.

Show
    AP 11 - 1 AP

1 AP Create Society: Angel Hosts, each of the five angel hosts follow one of the five gods that were involved in their creation. Their main goals are aligned with each of their leaders but they are much more likely to collaborate with each other, sharing information and resources. Angels rarely change host since their determination is normally found within the goals of each group.

10 AP remaining OoC I wanted to give the option to someone else from the pantheon to further develop angel society. I know create society is a 2 AP action, and if someone hasn't put forward the remaining AP I'll do it myself in 12 hours.

The demons who had called the submarine volcano that was the opening to the ocean home had little chance to hold back the initial wave of angels led by Dragon. As they pressed further, however, they found their advantages slowly dwindling away. Flight was exceedingly difficult in the tunnels that the demons called home, the demons prepared ambushes and cave ins as they steadily directed the angels through their home. The final act for those demons who fought against the invaders was their most desperate; giving into the call of Manyara and the fear of death that was present in all creature's they found they could muster one last burst of Uttercold beyond what could normally be possible. Of course such things was of little concern for a deity such as Dragon.

A Curious Development - Kheru, The Crackling Below
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadeus Gigletor View Post
    Leaving the Nest
    Gigglethorne tips his hat to In-Arl, following which he starts to look around. As he tipped his hat, a peculiar energy slithered its way from inside the hat and began to merge with In-Arl's shadow with more pieces moving to find other shadows to inhabit. The Rooster's shadow began to shift and soon seemed to be taking actions independent of the being it was a shadow to.
    Show

Create Mythical life(4AP): Living Shadows: These beings live in the shadows of other creatures and beings. This can happen without the awareness of the being that this being has attached itself to. These living shadows are secretive beings that lack the ability to physically manifest, though they are capable of simple things such as lifting and dropping things (Think like some kind of telekinesis). They lack offensive power but make up for it with their elusiveness.

Divine Infusion(3AP): Living Shadows: With a divine infusion from Gigglethorne, a connection was born between him and the living shadows, a connection Gigglethorne would exploit to always be capable of observing and learning what the shadows had learned, there are many secrets to discover. The Living Shadows also became more expressive, or actually more mischievous and would take any opportunity to stealthily play tricks on its host. They are also now capable of physically manifesting as their hosts shadow (Shadow doppelganger basically).

Gain Domain(3AP): Knowledge(Secrets)

16AP-10AP=6AP

Located comfortably beneath the Great Tree, the demon city of Kheru was the first to notice their shadows behaving differently. Thinking that perhaps it was a blessing by the Devourer in the Night the Lord in charge turned to His shadow and spoke to it as if it was another lord. "Hello old friend. Tell me what it is that you know. Do you come from our Father, Brothers, or Sister?"

Show
    Starting: 1, 1 PAP
    Bless (-1 PAP): The Cold Embrace Building upon Manyara's Blessing, those who give into the inevitability of death find their body consumed in Uttercold. The power of this blast is proportional to the rank that the practitioner possessed, plus one. Thus a Lord who gives in can perform an Absolute level blast of destruction, a mid ranking demon can render those around them inert, a Tiefling can trigger a blast of frigid cold, and a hobbit giving into the despair of the incoming Tieflings could bend the light around those that held out and potentially save others.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2016-06-24 at 09:56 PM.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

The Bastard of Uttercold, Rylios, and The Lotus - The Shallows - "You Know Nothing"

As I hovered over the arrogant fool that named himself The Healer, a plant-thing floated into our conversation and spoke!

"Look...Healer, your impassioned plea summoned...a weed."

"IF my words are true? IF?! You name me liar. You name me destroyer. You. You who trespass and transgress dare accuse!"

Calming myself, I laughed and derided the rusted knight, "Tell the Weed-God more tales of impending doom. Read for us the signs of the coming darkness and boogeymen."

I cut the laughter short with a simple truth, "I pity your ignorance, but shall never forgive your arrogance. Know this - the difference between you and me is that you hold firmly to a conclusion that is incompatible with reality, whereas I hold firmly to a conclusion that is incompatible with existence."

Having taken the measure of this god I began to leave, turned back and said, "If you sincerely want to 'ease my suffering', might I suggest that you take Manyara's Oath."
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2016-06-25 at 12:02 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Post Re: Lords of Creation: New Dawn (IC Thread)

Dynamic Entry

Gigglethorne was falling though if any were to see him falling they would be surprised, for what they saw was not a child falling down, but a child falling up. Limbs flailing and body spinning every which way. Eventually he had managed to fall above the World Tree itself, screaming meaningless obscenities as he went.

After much struggling Gigglethorne had finally managed to right himself and was now overlooking the world.

"What a start! Who would've thought that floating would be so much harder than I thought! Now then lets see... Which direction should this one go?"

Moments later he simply shrugged and closed his eyes, spinning on the spot until he stopped.

"Right! I guess I'll be heading thataway! Here I come world!"

And so Gigglethorne began to float in that general direction. Or that's what would have happened if he actually knew how to float. Instead he began falling, downwards this time, in the direction he had decided to go. Limbs flailing, body spinning, screaming obscenities once more.

Suddenly a mountain appeared before him, a mountain that was rapidly approaching.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! BOLLOCKS! THIS IS GOING TO SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!"

Thus with a boom and a crash, Gigglethorne had impacted the mountain leaving a moderately sized crater. Standing up and brushing the dirt off what remained of his clothes though the scarlet scarf and cap had remained unscathed, Gigglethorne began to feel hot, extremely hot and the heat was growing. He looked down to find he was standing in a forge, let out a yelp and immediately jumped out. At this time Gogglethorne had noticed a peculiar being before him. A short being with four arms and eight eyes looking confused and slightly shocked.

And so in his almost completely naked form, Gigglethorne did the most natural thing in the world, a greeting.

"Salutations! I am Gigglethorne! Whoever and whatever might you be, short many armed one?"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Choo'Wohn, with an Angelic host

Choo'Wohn bowed to her fathers , particular to the sky deity who she felt most obliged to, for their assistance. She watched then as no small number of her brothers went to join her to assist her in protecting the world. She knew what had to be protected - although she had not seen it herself - through the memories of Dragon. From those other memories she hope to meet the healing deity, although that would have to wait since she had a duty to do.

She flew down towards that wonderful sea. Her host followed her. She swooped so close to the ocean that her translucent arms could splash down into the sea to create a wake. She was flying to the unnamed continent. To go to a place near to where Hobbits lurked, where rivers met the sea, but also where the angels could have some seclusion. She thought she had a place from the stories of the healers, but apparently she was wrong for as she flew to that area she saw Hobbits and Hobbits saw her and the rest of the angels.

She flew back, to only a simple sail away - if sailing had existed - and raised from the sea an island. At first glance it was featureless - but only because it was all of one colour - in fact the island was filled with orderly caves. In short of was perfect for the habitation - or of a home away from home - of angels who were too busy protecting than to bother creating an angelic city.

"Some follow me as I speak to the hobbits here. You who follow me will be in charge of introducing yourself to settlements away from this one. Follow the rivers to find your duty. Pay attention to where the rivers flow quiet. For you must teach the hobbits to make those places larger."

"Why?" Asked one angel.

"I do not know. The memories I was furnished with are blank on this. Still, I feel in the poweer given to me that this is important. It is the same power to made me create the island here. It was the poweer that allowed me to create an island here.

"I know this to be important. Still do not forget that your most important duty at this point is to protect."

Show

15 AP:
    13 AP = 15 AP - 2 AP: Create Land: The Built Island, a city-sized island full of convenient caves a short distance from the unamed continent.
    11 AP = 13 AP - 2 AP; Create Advanced Concept: Artificial Waterways
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2016-06-25 at 03:36 AM. Reason: One word

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

The Hernegliscus – Adeteerin

If The Hernegliscus hadn’t been so pleased that the Hobbit souls that made it to The Carnival were to spend an eternity of joy and laughter it might have been furious or worried at the sheer volume of them that had been appearing in its plane recently, a result perhaps, of some Hobbits simply willing themselves to die when a demon raid appeared, to spite their would-be captors.

Moving outside of the Carnival to the Lands of Terror, The Hernegliscus was also pleased. The terrifying beauty of his exaggerated lands was impossible to deny. Its bodiless forms racing through the mighty trees it eventually came to an unnatural clearing, in which sat a gorilla the size of a house, feasting fearlessly on the multitude of edible plants and fruits in the underbrush, next to a small pile of dead armour-plated squirrels who had been eating on the same foods until their untimely deaths. There was a certain magnificence about the beast, undoubtedly the top of his local food chain.

“℟ů℘ȵậⱢℊÖ ȬņsⱯⱢ ℵǡ, ẘȇȇℂℬ jar. “℟ů℘ ȬņsⱯⱢ ǷⱩℜắℨ.”

With no gods around, it didn’t bother to speak their foul, tricky language. The gorilla heard its speech and stood up, alert for any enemies it might need to kill to stay the alpha. One of its minds slipped into a largish ground based vine that the gorilla had been stripping down and the others observed as the vine sprouted thorns. The it twitched and then started wrapping around the gorilla, bright red blood springing up where the thorns managed to pierce its hide. The beast roared in pain and tried to get away, but the thorns had managed to dig too deep on one of its legs and its calf ripped away, which brought about much greater screams, and much greater blood loss. The Hernegliscus looked on with fascination as the gorilla’s struggles became less frantic eventually becoming still, and the vine started feasting on its blood. Finally satisfied the god-thing left, granting many flora the ability to fight back as it made its way back to The Carnival, and the Lands of Terror were a step closer to being ready.

Show
    Starting AP: 1 AP 1 PAP
    Create Monstrous Life -1 PAP (Flora Terriblis): Many of the flora native to Adeteerin are exceptionally dangerous, such as the Vampire Vine mentioned above. There are many different Flora Terriblis, from flowers whose consumption results in incurable blindness to plants that simply brushing against them will result in fatal liquefaction of the organs and more. Have fun.
    Remaining AP: 1 AP 0 PAP

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Esemeli was not. And then he was. How funny, he thought, that I am what I oppose. No matter. I am what I am which is Me. I shall crumble kingdoms and progress shall curse my name, but this must all be before it does not. I shall create a place of beauty and chaos, and it will rise above all else. However, I must also seek- screw this, I'm gonna go team up with some of my deranged contemporaries.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Weave Plane: The City of Glass 4AP
    The City is a plane-wide city constructed purely from glass, which regenerates nearly perfectly after it breaks. It is a societal hub with many different sectors, and a mix of

Create Mythical Concept: Webweaving 4AP
    Webweaving is the art of weaving the planar webs into tapestries of altered energy and space. A powerful webweaver can glimpse or even travel to other planes, or bend energy and space permanently. All people are born with a slight innate talent.

Create Sapient Life: Humans 2AP
    The usual. Diversity, creativity, the whole shebang. We humans are special.

Create Mythical Concept: Magitech 4AP
    Magitech is technology that utilizes the reality-bending forces of magic. It is an integral part of the city, and makes it a utopian technological and magical metropolis (with a dark secret).

Join Pantheon: The Destined 1AP
    What can the Dark One say? He wants friends!

Resulting AP: 1

Last edited by Elodin; 2016-06-25 at 04:31 AM.
    I am. -Starsnuffer

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Choo'Wohn, from Built Island to Hobbitlands

Choo'Wohn was ready to go and she was joined by some twenty angels who would be with her as she went to speak to the Hobbits, to introduce herself and to tell them of her goals. One of those with her was a surprise to some other angels who had gotten to know him in the time spent in the Built Island, for he had seemed so interested in the way it would be governed, and organised, and would enhance co-operation. yet there he was all but volunteering to leave. Still, some perhapsd may have been projection. For two of his new-found friends knew they would never leave. One may have left insomuch as making an aerial scout required leaving for he knew his duty was protecting Built Island, but the other would not even go that far for it was the ordering and keeping track of the resources on Built Island that was to be his duty.

Still, Choo'Wohn and her twenty-odd angels, including Aerlint the socially-minded, took to the air and flew to the shore. There Choo'Wohn landed and walked forward into a woods while her angels did the same. She came across a particular tree where stopped and looked at it hard. She began muttering to herself, Hmm, hollowed out, stripped of leaves and branches, one could do a lot. Not big enough for us, but hobbits they're only supposed to be small. Yes, I think so.

She then returned back to her senses, and began to speak to what she considered her 'ambassadors' as they began to continue walking to where they expected to find a settlement - after all they had seen two hobbits before - and she spoke of things she called canoes. They were 'simple' things to create but allowed for far quicker and less strenuous travel. That she realised and stated would be the purpose of the waterways.

Walking out of the woods they begun to see the settlement. One angel, who had wondered why they hadn't taken to the skies in order to find the settlement in the first place, begun to flap his wings so her could began to fly. Choo'Wohn held her hands to still it, "We are odd and you do not know the stories of the hobbits. We much approach slowly, peacefully, and relatably lest we cause a panic.

So Choo'Wohn and twenty-something angels walked slowly towards the settlement. The blue translucent, bubble and wind-clad goddess taking the front position and leading by a few yards.

Show

9 AP = 11 AP - 2 AP: Create Advanced concept: Canoes.
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2016-06-25 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Forgot expenditure

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    The War Between Angels and Demons - The Crackling Below
    Show

The demons who had called the submarine volcano that was the opening to the ocean home had little chance to hold back the initial wave of angels led by Dragon. As they pressed further, however, they found their advantages slowly dwindling away. Flight was exceedingly difficult in the tunnels that the demons called home, the demons prepared ambushes and cave ins as they steadily directed the angels through their home. The final act for those demons who fought against the invaders was their most desperate; giving into the call of Manyara and the fear of death that was present in all creature's they found they could muster one last burst of Uttercold beyond what could normally be possible. Of course such things was of little concern for a deity such as Dragon.
    "It's going to blow up!"

The pathfinder's cry was all the warning Dragon had before he jumped in front of the demon taking the blast of uttercold within his body and sparing most of it from the angel host. The first time a demon had blown up several of his soldiers had been destroyed before anyone could react. He had recalled most of their souls with Incarnum, tying them once again to the metallic bodies, that now sported frosted rims and charred edges. The devastation of their metal shells worried little the god. It was their minds. The memories that fleeted them when they fell and were pulled back. Soon he had been forced to snuff the memories from the demons both as an attack, reducing them to mewling kittens before they could explode, or as defense for the memories of fire and pain within all the demons heated the angels even from the uttercold.

Still many angels had taken to inscribing runes. To writting down their most precious memories like their names and personas. Etching their armors and weapons. If they fell into battle, and were brought back, they could be certain that their most precious memories didn't vanish for they carried them like weapon and armor.

With this new found protection they dig deeper into the demon infested tunels reaching for the cities. In particular for the city where incarnum is more prevalent. The god that unveiled it to the world atracted to it like a moth to a fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 9 - 1 AP - 5 AP - 1 AP

1 AP: Create Concept: Written Text. Over the world people are starting to realize that writting things down makes it easier to remember them. The angels, in particular those of Dragon's host, take to inscribe their most cherished memories in their metallic bodies.

5 AP: Create Utility Artifact (Discount to Create Subconcept): The Book, Dragon carries with himself the first book, it holds most of his own ideas and stories, acting like a phylactery for the god of memory.

1 AP: Bless, The Book. The Book also contains a copy of everything and anything that exists in text form at any given time. For example if the hobbits publish an opera it will be found in The Book unless all copies of said opera are destroyed. This doesn't extend to oral remembrances of facts, the Book doesn't contain anything that is not written down.

2 AP remaining
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Marwolaeth - The Shifting Isles - "The Dark Side of the World"

I returned to the Shifting Isles and gazed long upon The Chaos and the light of Sol, tracking its course across the heavens. When it was at its farthest point, and the Shifting Isles were wrapped in the complete darkness of night, I reached deep within the First World and conjured a swirling mass of Uttercold. With a great lurch the First World began to rotate, to slowly spin on an imaginary axis at a pace which perfectly matched Sol's revolution around it. Thus it was that half of the world was forever bathed in Sol's light, while half of the world would always be draped in the darkness of night, with the Shifting Isles being at the center of perpetual darkness.

It was a good beginning, but to insure the light and warmth would never again touch the Shifting Isles, I turned and poured Uttercold into The Chaos. At first it resisted, but slowly it yielded to my will and became a force of pure consumption. All ambient light, heat and energy for as far as the eye could see was caught up in its pull and devoured. From it's center rose The Fracture, bending the laws of physics and nature as well. The surrounding land and water quickly began to transform beneath me.

I watched with great satisfaction as all the life was drained from the land, and the sea froze, linking the isles together in one solid mass of black ice.

Spoiler: AP Accounting
    Show
    Beginning 1AP +4AP(rollover) + 1 Artifact Charge(bless/curse) + 1PAP
    • Curse -1PAP: The Blackest Night - The First World slowly rotates on an imaginary axis so that one side is always facing Sol and is the land of eternal day, and one side(centered on the Shifting Isles) is always eternal night. If Sol, for any reason, stops it's revolution around the First World, so too will the First World stop rotating to maintain the positioning of night and day.
    • Curse -1 AP(Artifact Charge): The Eye of Darkness - The Chaos is now comprised of uttercold, consuming all light, heat, and energy for miles around it. As a result the Shifting Isles are not only blanketed in eternal night, but all life and energy(including Souls and Incarnum) is rendered inert then consumed by The Eye of Night.

5AP -1AP(Artifact Charge) -1PAP = 5AP
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2016-06-25 at 04:50 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Hmm. My creatures in their cities of glass grow weak. They find and grow but do not take and destroy. I must fix that. Out of my city I shall weave an arena, where great people shall fight to destroy their enemies and win my favor. This shall be a very good day indeed.

Show

Alter Land: The Red-glass Arena 1AP
    The Arena is a place in the heart of the City where mortals fight for the favor of their God. No current champion exists, as the Atena has just been created. You don't want to know where the red color came from.

Resulting AP: 0
    Last edited by Elodin; 2016-06-25 at 02:06 PM.
    I am. -Starsnuffer

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

The Ebon King

With the court clear the Ebon King let out a deep sigh from its throne. Souls were doing as they were wont to do. Life was doing as it was wont to do. Death was doing as it was wont to do. The cycle was balanced and all that could be was. Which meant it was free to tinker. First was the death of a Goddess and from its seat it slowly shifted from its realm in the Far Bough into what was known as the Mutegan Chamber. It would need a better name and with another sweep of its hands the roots of the vast World Tree connected to the large tanks of what it would call The Near Roots and the plane would feed the vast World Tree.

It then turned its attention towards the Elves that dwelt in the world tree. Too perfect. It required work. It would be the one to fix them. With a whisper it spoke to the darkness each cast in the glorious light of Sol. And deep within their shadows dark eyes gleamed in hunger. It took time but soon those Elves who harbored darker thoughts fell to their shadow, seeking the darkness of the inner branches of the World Tree away from their kin.

Show

AP: 4AP PAP: 1 AP

Create Monsterous Life (Elven Shadows) -1PAP: All Elves cast a deep dark shadow that can rise and fight against the Elf.

Bless (The Twilight) -1AP: Elves now have a constant struggle against themselves and their shadows. Elves that fall to the Twilight become dark and cruel while those who raise above their nature become glorious beacons of light and truth.

Bridge Plane (Mutagen Chambers to the Roots of the World Tree) -2AP

4AP - 1AP - 2AP = 1AP

1PAP - 1PAP = 0 PAP

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

The Shallows (Rylios and the Lotus)
    The tendrils of the Lotus scoop up water and splash it absentmindedly considering what might live in the relatively barren ocean while the greater part of it's divinity listens to the arguments of the gods.

"I have not seen the things you speak of. The ashy plains and devouring water, but I have seen the cracks in the sky. And the void one who spoke has certainly indicated it desires the cessation of all that is."

"I would call you friend, and learn more of your quest, but I do not even know your name. Mine is the Lotus and I seek to perpetuate life."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

The Coward's Nest

A proper nest is made of more than just branches. It needs soft twigs and pine needles. It needs the fragrance of wild flowers to soothe one to sleep. It needs some flair, some bright object to make it one's own. But most importantly, it needs a good location. The Rooster picked a branch that grew far far far up the world tree, far where it scrapped against the sky. He picked the branch that grew and extended out so far from the canopy and truck, that if one stood at its edge one can see the entirety of the tree itself. There on that edge, he built his home, that some would call the Coward's Nest and others the General's Outlook. Honestly, though most won't call it either - for the beauty of this branch and this nest was the beauty of the World Tree Itself - it was so large that none could ever explore all its reaches. Even this far away branch was so small in comparison that to find it would take an explorer of extraordinary talent. An elf could even find this branch but never make it to the edge - the thin branch having no cover from the atmospheric gales and stellar winds. Here in his Nest, he would be Safe.

Thus, he scoured the World Tree for a time for the strongest branches. He then scoured the World Tree for the finest and softest of leaves. He found the best smelling flowers. And thus his nest was almost complete. You see, the Coward doesn't give himself enough credit. For such a tiny god, he accomplished this task remarkably fast. Without using even a fraction of his divinity he flew like lighting - he was simply, objectively, and terrifyingly powerful. Not that he knew - or realized. But this is a digression - as was mentioned, the nest was almost complete.

The only thing that he was missing was something Shiny. The Rooster's feathers, the Shields of the Coward, were made out of red steel. He plucked one of these feathers and breathed something of himself into it. That feather, and indeed all his feathers, became more than just red steel, they became indestructible rubies. Little did the Coward know that he became even that much greater. All he knew at that moment was that the feather was a beautiful shiny and reflective centerpiece of his new nest!

He stood and preened and admired himself in his ruby mirror. But that's when he noticed something strange. He croaked in alarm!

Where is my Shadow!

Spoiler
    Show
    2 AP + 0 PAP --> Rollover --> 6 AP + 1 PAP

Infusion 3 AP - Infuse the Shields of the Coward

3 AP + 1 PAP

A Shadow's Journey

Where was the Coward's Shadow? It was currently "flying" over the grand oceans. Those quotes are around that word since it did not so much fly as it . . . well, glide wasn't the right word. It was a two-dimensional being trapped in a three-dimensional world. How would one even describe it? Let's just say that it moved across the ocean. It was its own thing - it was definitely not a Coward. In fact as the Ebon King made balance, it too was changed. It was . . . well not darker . . . but it was everything that the Rooster could have been in another world. If it was a god, which it was not, it would have been a God of War. Actual War. Blood. Sacrifice. Gore. Suffering. Not, glory, not victory, and definitely not retreat. It would have been a scourge.

But it was not a God. It knew this. And yet . . . war called out to it. But what could it do? Realistically? It had no power. It was a mere shadow. It could not hold a sword. It could not kill. It could not maim. It could not even speak. It could only observe. And so it decided to simply be a watcher of wars. If it could not participate, it would merely watch. Thus, it moved across the ocean - a small tiny silhouette of a Chicken - until it heard the sounds of war.

And thus the Coward's shadow found itself on the shores of a new land, a land torn asunder by a War between Angles and Demons. And, it began to watch unnoticed.

For during a war who would ever notice a Chicken's Shadow without a Chicken?
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2016-06-25 at 11:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Rylios and the Lotus
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneStomper View Post
    The Shallows (Rylios and the Lotus)
    The tendrils of the Lotus scoop up water and splash it absentmindedly considering what might live in the relatively barren ocean while the greater part of it's divinity listens to the arguments of the gods.

"I have not seen the things you speak of. The ashy plains and devouring water, but I have seen the cracks in the sky. And the void one who spoke has certainly indicated it desires the cessation of all that is."

"I would call you friend, and learn more of your quest, but I do not even know your name. Mine is the Lotus and I seek to perpetuate life."

Rylios on a land without courage.

Rylios watched the cloud of Uttercold vanish. ”Well could you at least answer any of my questions?” Rylios asked realising it was already gone. “… Should have used Incarnum on it while I had the chance.” Rylios sighed with disappointment.

He turned to the lily pad. “I’m rylios… what is Manyara's Oath Lotus?” asked, his voice showing his bewilderment.

Rylios knelt down with little more than his head and shoulders above the water and began to tell The Lotus just about all the true stories he known. “More allies are always useful when the goal is ensuring there is anything at all in the future.” Rylios lifted his left hand near to The Lotus. “Will you help us?”

Spoiler
    Show

I out of character know what “Manyara's Oath” is. Rylios on the other hand has no clue at all.

An army against the darkness

Rylios returned to Mount Steel to find a people waiting and The Dragon already gone to fight the demons. A shame, Rylios wished he could have shared his knowledge of the demon tunnels and societies he had gained from posing as a demon to help free hobbits and tieflings with The Dragon.

While he looked upon the angels a thought he had had for a while became clear. “Those of you that wish to follow me, come, follow me we have much to do.” Rylios walked down the mountain and stepped upon the water its self with only his feet going beneath the waves as he moved across the water.

When they reached the Unnamed Continent Rylios and his angels went to village to village gathering any of The Liberated that were willing to come. While The Liberated were being gather a small number of angels started to build villages for The Liberated.

After a few days Rylios began to teach the arts of healing, Incarnum, smithing and his own fighting style to all that had been gathered. Finally Rylios asked who of the angels and Liberated would help protect the people of the continent.

Much to Rylios surprise all gathered volunteered. There is new draw was coming.

The draw and the dusk

“Teacher!” a Liberated yelled running up to him. “You need to see this.” The Liberated said panting. Rylios followed the Liberated in to the primitive observatory.

The Liberated pointed to a sundial. “I have been studding it of hours. If I’m right… Sol has stopped moving.” The Liberated explained. “I will look in to it. Thank You for telling me.” Rylios said looking upon Sol.

After a few hours heat became unbearable and the astrologist’s work was interrupted by Rylios’ words. “Sol has not stopped. The first world is moving to face Sol. This must be the work of a God.”

Rylios looked around of a number of minutes looking at every direction. “That’s an interesting idea.” He said looking at the floor. Rylios kneed down on the floor pressing his left hand against it and began to channel his energy.

Slowly but surely the first world began to turn, Sol moving across the sky once again.

Spoiler: Ap
    Show

0 ap 0 pap (+4 ap and 1 pap form rollover)

Form Society 1ap and 1pap (The Hallowed union): The Liberated and the angels that follow Rylios have formed a society with the focus on protecting the weak and the intent of easing the suffering of all those on the unnamed continent. They try to learn and discover of anything that would help the innocent, weak, The Gold Shields and finally their society.

Create Organization 1Ap (The Gold Shields): The Gold Shields are the active hand of The Hallowed union, they help the weak and fight the enemies of The Hallowed union. The Gold Shields is divided into orders was that they can act and react to a number of needs and disasters. At the time of their formation they are trying to aid the hobbits and the other angels of Vitae sharing knowledge and resources. They also are trying to end the tiefling raids.

Bless 2Ap (The New dawn): the first world now turns on a second imaginary axis that is perpendicular to the first. As such if Sol used to rise in the west and set in the east, it now rises in the north and sets in the south (or rises in the south and sets in the north)

0 ap and 0 pap

Should The Yellow Sheilds and The Hallowed union be one society or Organization together instead of a society and an organization?

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Choo'Wohn and her angels, in Hobbitlands

Choo'wohn reached the settlement and the Hobbits did not panic at the sight of the goddess and her angels. Choo'Wohn was glad of this. The eldest of the Hobbits went to meet her, flanked by the two strongest; an odd show of strength considering they were so relatively weak. Choo'wohn bowed and began to speak, "I am Choo'Wohn, the sprit of sailing."

That had been something that she had been realising, she realised it now, "To sail is to use the water. That place of fish, sustenance, cleansing and so much more. To use it for travel also. To share stories from those of different lands, to trade goods also, to come to one's aid or to come for other's aid. My people reside in an island only a short sail away. You shall learn, in time, how to reach them.

"We are here to help and to protect you. We make no demands for this is our duty. We only ask that you help yourselves, and allow us to help you."

The divine speech went down well. The goddess was transparent, and the hobbits could tell she meant what she said. The Hobbits ionvited the godess and her host to share a meal, and they atr slightly but politely. During this time the goddess also taught these people of rafts. Not canoes, for although these were the first people, they were also the last people living as they did where rivers met the sea. The goddess told the hobbits that when they had learnt to build these rafts properly they would be able to come to Built Island and learn how the angels lived.

Creating the River People, Choo'Wohn's host, The Hobbitlands

The angels would have gone the next day, but the sun had not fallen and instead the angels left when their hobbits hosts could not help but sleep despite the eternal day. The angels went to that place where they had reached the shore where thre rivers met the sea in almost the same place. This place - where one could clearly see Built island was to be known as Choo'wohn's mouth and the three rivers connecting to it Choo'Wohn's Rivers.

The twenty-something angels that had joined Choo'Wohn in her meeting were joined by some others who had desired to assist on the mainland but not perform the diplomatic functions of the 'ambassadors'. They flew above the river following it and splitting off to meet and reside in the various settlents that were near to it. Some angels found that their settlent had already been visited by the healer, this made their work easier but even those settlents more isolated did not prove too difficult a work.

Aerlint, one of these angel ambassadors, found that Choo'Wohns words of cooperation resonated within him more than it did his fellows. Rather than live by one settlent as their guardian angel, he instead flew to many and spoke passionately of a unified hobbit spirit and declarations of the wonder of trade and other reasons for visiting. While, the hobbits had been building canoes and artificial waterways under the instruction of angels who were simply giving instructions from their commanding goddess, it was aerlint's words that were the necessary reactant for their doing it simply for hobbit's sake, for it to be able to continue even if the angels had simply vanished.

And vanish Aerlint did - at least as far as the River People were concerned - for once the fledging society required his services no longer he flew back to Built Island where he found two of his friends from the island's founding who would stay on the island evermore. Aerlint was happy with them, but knew he could not stay. He thought his work was done, but he was to always be an ambassador even if the River People were now united without him. He had heard about the healer and the liberated, and took to the skies to find them; unity was important.

Aerlint, The Hallowed Union

The angel, of unremarkable appearance for an angel, had barely begun his jouney when night fell. Yet, he flew on regardless. He knew where the Liberated had not been taken and could cover that distance in night. When the sun rose he could then look more closely for signs of another host. When night fell again, Aerlint flew down and rested. Yet as he flew down, he could have sworn that he had seen the flicks of red of an angel's sword, and what looked like a settlement. Had he foolishly been flying too high?

Instead of resting as he had intended, he walked towards this villiage of the Hallowed Union.

Show

13 AP + 1 PAP = 9 AP + 4 AP + 1 PAP
    11 AP = 13 AP - 2 AP: Create society: The River People, a hobbit society found by Choo'Wohn Rivers. Quite a disparate group of settlements, they are willing tlo protect and trade with one another, and is travel is - at least in one direction; towards Choo'Wohn's Mouth - quite quick and useful for fleeing from demons as angels hold them back.
    10 AP = 11 AP - Create advanced Sub-Concept of Canoes: Rafts (also rafts with sails)

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

The Hernegliscus

So many Hobbits… Not that this was a problem of course, The Hernegliscus was quite enjoying their company, the endless feasts of the afterlife, where every joke became funnier every time it was told. It was a paradise, it couldn’t be anything but. Another 4 Hobbits arrived, smiling and taking seats as if they had always been there. How had they all died at the same time, what was happening in their world. It had to find out. Projecting itself back into the First World.

But upon hitting the surface, The Hernegliscus was initially distracted when it came across an amount of the same liquid that had helped bring about its creation, granting it the power to make the world right. This liquid had to be consumed, wrapping itself in a form as to interacted with one of the remaining Creator’s tears, The Laughing God felt a newfound strength having taken it, though its minds grew more abstract. And continued on its journey.

Reaching a Hobbit village The Hernegliscus watched with a feeling dangerously close to hatred as it saw tieflings pulling dead Hobbits from burning buildings, the Hobbit’s having taken the easy way out rather than submit themselves to the demonspawn. The 13 of it walked slowly towards them, being noticed about 100 metres away.

“Stop there. You are coming with us.”

The tieflings moved up, surrounding its forms, which were hidden in something that mortals might equate with clothes, its faces concealed by shadows and hats. Out came a rasping voice that sounded of pain and ancient primordial things.

“įȿ ℑȾ ꜿǿℳḮʼnǥ ⱲǏţℍ ỴǬử¿”

The Leader of the tieflings stook a step back, and the rest of them exchanged nervous glances, whatever the things infront of them were, they weren’t Hobbits, too big. But perhaps if they could bring them back to the Crackling Below they would be rewarded. And there were 30 of them, what could only 13 do to stop them?

“Yes. It is coming with us. And mighty Rathazook will have his way with you.”

“Boo.”

The Hernegliscus lifted it’s heads, revealing it’s faces. And the screaming started, the screaming did stop, eventually, after their vocal folds were torn to the point that no recognizable sounds came out but gurgling. After that they died relatively painlessly, still trying to scream as their lungs filled with blood.

Spoiler: Boo!
    Show

Show
    Starting AP: 5 AP 1 PAP
    Gain Domain -3 AP: Mind (Madness)
    -4 AP: Weave Plane (Adeteerin)
    -3 AP: Infused Plane (Adeteerin)
    Remaining AP: 2 AP 1 PAP
    Last edited by Sontali; 2016-06-29 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Emphasis

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Ophouros

As the Watcher looks on, he sees now that the gods, not content with the whole of creation laid out before them, have now begin to fashion more of their own. Imperfect copies, born of imperfect creations, shadows of shadows of the perfection that was lost. And each one in such a hurry to do their deed, to leave their mark...as if any of this would last. Already these new creatures were setting on each other, destroying that which their creators had worked so diligently to bring into being. The cycle, once begin, would repeat, and repeat, until at The End there was no more. But how long must it go on like this? How much would he have to endure?

And such a noise! How could any god or mortal endure such a racket? It seemed that each of these new creatures began life crying, and ended the same way. Ophouros could not blame them, he supposed...if he were forced to to live amongst such turmoil, he would surely spend his days crying as well. He thought again to flee this place; he could create a sanctuary, a safe haven, and retreat there. But would he truly be safe? Already he watched the world below turn one way, then another, at the whims of his brothers and sisters - could he simply turn his back and leave them to their devices, and expect that they will leave him be?

No, he must stay. He must watch. And he must act. But he cannot stop his fellow gods from creating their playthings...they will do what they will do, pointless though it all may be. They are born, they fight, they die...and are reborn to start to cycle anew. No, he cannot prevent these crying, wailing things from being formed...

...but perhaps he can do something about the noise.

Shhhh.... He breathed out softly...and as he did, a mine fist formed from his breath. Slowly but steadily, it grew thicker and heavier, descending toward the Unnamed Continent below. Upon reaching the land, it spreads, forming a think blanket over all the land...and where it lay, all is quiet as it once was Before.

Spoiler: Accounting
    Show

Begin: 16 AP

-1 AP - Curse (The Veil): Appearing first as a fine mist, The Veil grows denser and thicker until it blocks all sight beyond arms reach - not by blocking out light, but by diffracting and reflecting it until all is nothing but a uniform shade of gray. Additionally, all sounds are reflected, absorbed, suppressed; nothing less than a scream might reach from a speaker's mouth to his ears.

End: 15 AP

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Marwolaeth - The Bereft Isles - "From Life...."

Discovering how easy it was bring purity and restore beauty to The First World, I set off to further explore and experiment.

Leaving the blessed darkness and uttercold under the Eye of Darkness, I once again felt Sol's light and perceived the altering of the First World's path. I laughed at the feebleness of such a petty act, and set off to see what other unimaginative and limited 'creations' these "gods that would oppose our goals" had made.

I returned to the hobbit village that I had once visited, and discovered that some had returned and were rebuilding as best the could. They must have thought it safe under Sol's light. I whisked away a hobbit that was away from the others, gathering wood. I took him far into the secluded places of the Unnamed Continent and staked him to the ground. It was meticulous work, but I experimented with this thing called life and its relationship with Sol. I discovered that this mewling, pathetic thing had the ability to naturally heal itself from minor wounds that I inflicted upon it, and that healing power was bolstered under Sol's light. I was at first fascinated by this, but quickly became bored. I inflicted greater and greater wounds until I found the limits of this natural healing....separating the limbs and the head from the body was apparently way too far and my experiment ended.

As I pondered, a thin mist began to descend over the land, so I sat and observed. It gradually thickened as to obscure the sight of lesser beings and muffled all sound. There was something about the murky grayness that immediately made me recollect my brief time with The Watcher, and I was pleased.

In my benevolence, I choose to leave off with the hobbits, and look to find other life forms to experiment with. So it was that I brought myself back to The World Tree. During my initial visit, it appeared to be teeming with life. As I swirled through the branches, I came across a great rolling, green boulder. Yet it was more than that. It had long tendril-like roots and sentience. I delicately wrapped it in uttercold, careful not to kill it but rather simply render it dormant.

As I did so, a great hissing sound caught my attention. Looking up I discovered an enormous serpent gazing down upon me malevolently. As it coiled and gathered as if to strike at me, I noticed it's enormous size and power! This thing too, I must learn about! Wrapping it in uttercold as well, I took it and fled the World Tree....indeed The First World all together, and returned to Umbra.

Spoiler: Notes of Clarification
    Show
    The Bastard of Uttercold, learns of the healing power of Sol, and has abducted an Orchani(sentient life) and Kuklkan(mythical life and "oldest living thing") from the First World. I'm a little unclear about The World Tree...I believe it is a living thing without sentience.
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2016-06-26 at 11:29 AM.