New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1516
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Nobody knows!

Not even the internet knows what V's gender is! Take a look for yourself!

Edit: If you have a slow internet connection, the page is gonna take a while to load.
    Last edited by roy_greenhilt; 2009-06-26 at 03:46 PM.
    I'm a:
    Neutral Good Human Bard/Sorcerer (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength- 10
    Dexterity- 12
    Constitution- 10
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 14
    Charisma- 11
    What are you?
    --------
    Threeshades is the best avy maker EVA!

2. - Top - End - #992
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Nobody knows!

I find that are rather unimpressive website compared to what it appears to promise. Apparently the internet is 100% certain that the sky is blue, but has no opinion over whether the sky is purple. It does not know who Barak Obama is, or -- even more unforgiveably -- who Roy Greenhilt is.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Colossus in the Playground

I don't know who Barak Obama is either.

(Now, if you'd asked about Barack Obama...)

4. - Top - End - #994
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post

Actually http://www.whatdoestheinternetthink.net does not know with either spelling. http://www.google.co.uk knows to translate barak to barack.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Banned

6. - Top - End - #996
    Bugbear in the Playground

Conclusion: The internet doesn't really care about barack obama, according to Google.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

7. - Top - End - #997

Thankfully it knows Miko is dead.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post

Or Baraka Obama...
    "Besides, you know the saying: Kill one, and you are a murderer. Kill millions, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god." -- Fishman

9. - Top - End - #999
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: V's Gender Debate IV [Official]

I like the suggestion someone made that Vaarsuvius' player was somewhat distracted while filling out the character sheet, and Vaarsuvius' gender is actually, officially, definitively True Neutral.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Banned

confused Re: V's Gender Debate IV [Official]

hey guys, I'm new. So I just have a question:
    what supports your theory that V's a girl?
    I never knew there was gender confusion until I came to the forums and saw this thread. I'd be intersted if someone showed me a list of "female" indicators about V. I guess he's in a gay relationship, what with adopted children and male looking mate. look at the avatars for female elves drawn by Rich- breasts. V - no breasts. it's 2+5 people.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

I think V is either neuter, or his/her gender matters about as little to him/her as a blood type matters to us. (With the exception of transfusions and babies, naturally.) Maybe it's even a private matter.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarkElfGangsta View Post
    hey guys, I'm new. So I just have a question:
    what supports your theory that V's a girl?
    I never knew there was gender confusion until I came to the forums and saw this thread. I'd be intersted if someone showed me a list of "female" indicators about V. I guess he's in a gay relationship, what with adopted children and male looking mate. look at the avatars for female elves drawn by Rich- breasts. V - no breasts. it's 2+5 people.
    If it's so clear cut, then, how come his own team members can't tell?
    Please write all sarcasm in blue text. All metaphors should be marked in red text and for any split infinitives, please use green. Thank you.

13. - Top - End - #1003

EvilClericGuy

Because she has smaller breast and she does not wear form fitting clothing.

And Haley is a half-celestial with her wings cut off.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Optimystik View Post
    It shows up as a tie....
    The day I find a game is the day that HL2 Episode 3 is released!
    My Brandenburg Interactive AAR game for EUIV.
    Here is the recruitment page

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Banned

confused Re: V's Gender Debate IV [Official]

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
    I thought that it was an "elves are feminine looking har" joke, like the one on
    thief in 8bt. also it doesnt matter what V thinks in the context of this forum as we are trying to find his gender. still waiting for the fem reasons list.

16. - Top - End - #1006

still waiting for the fem reasons list.
    I'm waiting for a good list for any of the sides (I don't see either side because I've also seen that V is asexual, a hermaphrodite, and 2 V's, one male and one female and they switch out between panels).

I have to say, I didn't know that V's gender was ever in question until I actually noticed it brought up in the comic. After I saw it, it seemed so obvious. Every character whose gender isn't obvious to me (usually reserved for non-anthropomorphic animals), I subconsciously assign a gender. I didn't do that for V.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Banned

yuk Re: V's Gender Debate IV [Official]

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    I'm waiting for a good list for any of the sides (I don't see either side because I've also seen that V is asexual, a hermaphrodite, and 2 V's, one male and one female and they switch out between panels).

I have to say, I didn't know that V's gender was ever in question until I actually noticed it brought up in the comic. After I saw it, it seemed so obvious. Every character whose gender isn't obvious to me (usually reserved for non-anthropomorphic animals), I subconsciously assign a gender. I didn't do that for V.
    so you instinctively thought that there are 2 Vs? you read through a comic and went " oh yeah that oone's a hermaphrodite, or 2 diff ppl, no doubt there!" no one thought of tthe herm explanation or the 2 Vs explanation before they came to the forum. cmon dude.

18. - Top - End - #1008

I'll agree with you on the 2 V's, that was a joke theory, after all.

Still, I can't say the same of V being a Hermaphrodite. I actually thought it was a very reasonable explanation before I signed up. Nothing on the forum has yet to make me think less of that specific chance.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Banned

out of interest, what gave you the hermaphrodite interpretation?
    I think it's pretty intersting how everyone interprets him differently...
    I wonder what psychologists would have to say bout this?
    (freud: YOU WANT TO BE WITH YO MAMAAAA)

20. - Top - End - #1010

Nothing in particular.

Probably the fact that I was listening to Weird Al's Albuquerque a lot that day, which had stuck the term in my head, even though it only shows up once in the song.

Still, I don't really see any side having more evidence that the others, so I generally, when talking about V, switch gender pronouns every time I talk about him. Unless it's about a certain fanfic/comic/theory, then I use whatever she's referred to as there.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought that it was an "elves are feminine looking har" joke, like the one on
    thief in 8bt. also it doesnt matter what V thinks in the context of this forum as we are trying to find his gender.
    You might be. I'm sure as hell not. V's gender is ambiguous and will always remain so; we have word of god on that.
    Please write all sarcasm in blue text. All metaphors should be marked in red text and for any split infinitives, please use green. Thank you.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

V is not male or female... V is pat. that is the whole point of being V and/or pat. the pat reference can lend itself to you like this. pat was played by a female actor who looked masculine, while pat's mate chris was played by a male actor who looked feminine, just like V and (s)he'(s?) mate. but why? because that is the character concept.

if you think V is male, then she is obviously female.

if you think V is female, then he is obviously male.

the iocaine powder was in both goblets... the only way you are wrong in this debate is to pick one over the other. inconcievable, i know, but there you have it.

enjoyed the debate though. tried very hard to be politically correct... which i think just adds more to the whole humor of the character and genius of the creator in the frist place
    Whenever i go out, the people always shout, "There goes..." ME! BA-DA-DA-NA-NA-NA-na

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Pixie in the Playground

For some reason I was quite sure V was male before I started reading the forums and found out there was a discussion about it.
    I had read the entire comic about 3 times and never noticed it... which should really say something about me

In any case, I guess since the Giant said we'll never know, it's settled.
    Unless of course there are any vengeful ex-girlfriends of his to shed some light to us

But then again, maybe he doesnt share that information with anyone at all.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Banned

gah! okay you guys, V is without gender till the giant gives a word about it.
    What I originally asked was, what made you percieve hime/her/it as female?. I just think it is interesting to see how people percieve V's gender differently.

25. - Top - End - #1015

WolfInSheepsClothing

What I originally asked was, what made you perceive him/her/it as female?. I just think it is interesting to see how people perceive V's gender differently.
    The evidence for V being female is

All the guys got one room. V and Haley get another. They appear to be separated by gender, which would make V female.

Yes, its possible that He's VERY happily married, or too much of an elven supremacist for sleeping with a human to even register, but the indication is still there.

The succubus who switches genders a lot referred to V as female.

In the dragon magazine comic, there was an apricot scented exfoliating gel that Roy wanted to give to Haley.. V got mildly miffed. He could be female, gay, or European elven.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

What I originally asked was, what made you percieve hime/her/it as female?. I just think it is interesting to see how people percieve V's gender differently.
    Heya...I am a psych grad student, thought I'd weigh in here. People just associate V's traits/actions they see as fitting with their world views or experience (such as never having seen a female wizard, so V must be male).

Personally, I thought V was female for a while due to the closeness with Hailey and to balance out the male:female ratio. Now I've gotta say I see V as a gay male (who falls into "Androgynous" vs. masculine/feminine) because of Kyrie seeming male and having adopted kids, and also because:

1. Studies show gay males tend to be more verbose than average
    2. It's not uncommon for gay guys to have something to "prove," by obtaining supreme magic power in V's case
    3. It explains how V and Hailey would've established a close friendship quickly.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Halfling in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Some of that was not so much psychology as much as stereotyping and armchair speculation.
    Last edited by NothingButCake; 2009-11-28 at 11:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

*sigh*
    The only way to answer this question is to ask V,
    Good luck, bring a shield spell for the quickened indignant disintegrate.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
    Yes, but it's not all of them who can't tell: Roy calls him "man" in this early comic.

Something that, of course, we'll never see again... but still, it WAS actually done.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
    Yes, but it's not all of them who can't tell: Roy calls him "man" in this early comic.

Something that, of course, we'll never see again... but still, it WAS actually done.
    That strip was written before Rich decided to make V ambiguous, so its canonicity is dubious. But in On the Origin of PCs, it becomes clear that Roy's just as confused as anyone else.

Spoiler
    Show
    When Vaarsuvius hands Roy his application, there is a large ink blot covering V's answer to the "gender" question. Roy asks V to write it in the margin and V replies that the quill is broken and he doesn't want to risk spilling ink on his robe, so would Roy mind filling it in for him?

There is an awkward pause while Roy looks V over, then he replies, "Right, you know what? It's not important. Moving on...".