New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1516
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Re: V's Gender Debate IV [Official]

There isn't much of a reason to reveal V's gender, since this web comic is above all comedic in nature. It wouldn't be very funny if they revealed his/her's gender, unless Rich wrote a *very* clever joke around it. Not that that's not within Mr. Burlew's grasp...

Though, from strip 1 I've always imagined him as male. I have no particular reason.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

furious Re: V's Gender Debate IV [Official]

V is DEFINITELY female!
    Last edited by Chainsaw Hobbit; 2010-03-05 at 10:48 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Barbarian in the Playground

confused Re: V's Gender Debate IV [Official]

Quote Originally Posted by josha View Post
    V is DEFINITELY female!
    Care to expand on that statement?
    Treasurer of the Fan Club. (And in desperate need of donations).

A fan before it was cool.

Probationary conscript of the Fan Club.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Dwarf in the Playground

All jokes in the comic aside. I have arrived at the conclusion that Vaarsuvius is female. Why? Well, we have everyone's favorite psychotic halfling to thank for that. V was at least partially correct when she came up with the "Belkar only has lust and hate" theory. Belkar has shown time and time again that he is 100% capable of discerning people by their scent. He is also capable of sniffing out a whore house which would likely smell reminiscent of female. (and other things )

Also, marked in DStP, there is a dark green line between V and Belkar indicating a "wants to shtup/shtupping." Belkar has also shown he is straight (and narrow for that matter) and thus would not desire a male. V is therefore female.
    Last edited by ZerglingOne; 2010-03-06 at 03:51 AM.
    You could make a cartoon in crayons about a red square that falls in unrequited love with a blue circle, and there wouldn’t be a dry eye in the house if you know how to tell a story.
    -Don Hertzfeldt

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Colossus in the Playground

This hinges on the belief that Belkar knows what sex Vaarsuvius is, which he's established that he doesn't.
    Last edited by Kish; 2010-03-06 at 08:01 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    This hinges on the belief that Belkar knows what sex Vaarsuvius is, which he's established that he doesn't.
    Maybe it's because of conflicting signals? Maybe V smells female, but Belkar thinks V looks and acts more like a male?
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ogre in the Playground

wink Re: V's Gender Debate IV [Official]

Please note in comic 252 nale calls V an "elf chic", V's spouse looks male (629 is a good example) and unless they are a gay couple than that is a good case, V rooms with haley and since haly likes elan than that further enforces that V is female.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Titan in the Playground

Please note in comic 252 nale calls V an "elf chic", V's spouse looks male (629 is a good example) and unless they are a gay couple than that is a good case, V rooms with haley and since haly likes elan than that further enforces that V is female.
    The Giant has said that other people react to their perceptions of V's gender, which is not the same as V's actual gender. And they may well be a gay couple - they have adopted kids, after all.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ogre in the Playground

confused Re: V's Gender Debate IV [Official]

You know what? I've changed my mind.
    V is a gay male.

10. - Top - End - #1180

You know what? I've changed my mind.
    V is a gay male.
    then why did she stay in a room with Haley when they stay at that hotel with miko, shes a woman
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome SpyFox Doll by Recaiden
    Epic Avvie by Domochevsky
    Everything Else by Me

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Colossus in the Playground

Haley does not know what sex Vaarsuvius is. Neither does Nale, Sabine, Belkar, or anyone else who has referred to him/her with one particular sex onstage.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by licoot View Post
    then why did she stay in a room with Haley when they stay at that hotel with miko, shes a woman
    Seriously, can you stop bringing this argument. This mean nothing. I replied to this argument just on last page, and i was not the first one at all.
    Que tous les anciens dieux et les nouveaux protègent la France.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the Art of War would read "Full casters or GTFO".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Louis XIII in The Musketeers
    Common sense is for commoners, not for [ PC ].

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vaarsuvius =

= Male

Therefore, Vaarsuvius = Male.

Secondly, the elven gender debate is never funny when it's about females. It's far funnier to make fun of them as effeminate males than effeminate, if slightly ambiguous, females.
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2010-03-08 at 04:40 PM.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

14. - Top - End - #1184

Daemon

Elves are gay.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Well, I wrote a novel wherein the strongest wizard in the world, while being born male (though being too mentally ancient despite appearance to remember that fact) was actually without a gender. At some point, he had invoked a ritual that made wiped all signs of gender, and even much of his humanity in time, from his soul, allowing him more neutral access to his magic. The reason I went with that as part of his backstory is because many cultures have percieved the soul to optimally be in balance when identity, particularly gender, is neutral - all and yet nothing - such as how many of the Egyptian gods, at leats the ones that were more nigh-all powerful or had very broadly defined domains, were hermaphadites. Perhaps the same is with Vaarsuvius. I haven't read Origin of the PCs, though I doubt either way that V pulled off such experiments in his/her youth, but mostly elves are regarded as most proficient with magic in any campaign setting, and I'm not sure if a single elf so far in OOTS has had a clear gender (maybe I should read it for a third time, but just look at V's family). For all we know, elves produce asexually!

"But MinxTail, what about that Pompei the Half-Elf?" Okay, maybe all elves are a bit of both. I don't know, ask the people who make bad fanfiction, those guys are genius at figuring out the 'subtext' that matches their narrative.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bingo View Post
    Elves are gay.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ogre in the Playground

Please note in comic 252 nale calls V an "elf chic"
    OK... so you did manage to miss that Comic 252's reference to V is ALL ABOUT the fact that, in the same conversation, Nale calls V an elf chick and Sabine calls V an elf dude, all of that casually.

:facepalm:

Try reading the comic, then you can lecture us on the contents.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by licoot View Post
    Because she would rather stick her hand into a hornet's nest than spend the night in the same room as Miko? Gay V looking at her ta-tas means nothing. Miko spending the night chanting and burning incense does.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Orc in the Playground

I'm going to say V is a she due to the fact a demonic lower plain force... eer demon referred to V as a she and I think I will side with he being a de-monic force...

Now pardon me I think there is a bee buzzing about and it's annoying me.
    Last edited by Vulkan; 2010-03-11 at 04:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

She, i say without brackets, must be a she, since... remember waaay back at the inn? i can't remember the strip number at the time. Hayley and V. were in the same room. Essentially, when you plan rooming arrangements, its all the guys in 1 room, all the girls in another. People in relationships/wedlock are an exception.

Eventually there will be some form of TV show based off the strips, then we WILL know.

"You see a hydra with 50 heads"- DM

"A 50 headed hydra eh? I fire my wand at it with a crossbow, destroying it."-Altair, Slayer of Plotlines

""-DM

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Because she would rather stick her hand into a hornet's nest than spend the night in the same room as Miko? Gay V looking at her ta-tas means nothing. Miko spending the night chanting and burning incense does.
    No. V isnt Gay regardless.
    "You see a hydra with 50 heads"- DM

"A 50 headed hydra eh? I fire my wand at it with a crossbow, destroying it."-Altair, Slayer of Plotlines

""-DM

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Pixie in the Playground

Personally, I've thought V to be a "she" this whole time. There's certainly a lot of evidence for V being a "he", but there is also some for V being a "she" as well. It's up to Rich to give the verdict, though that's not likely since there's still comedy to milk from the neutral gender concepts.

23. - Top - End - #1193

Quote Originally Posted by Bartonar View Post
    No. V isnt Gay regardless.
    And why, pray tell, do you find that suggestion so offensive?
    Treasurer of the Fan Club. (And in desperate need of donations).

A fan before it was cool.

Probationary conscript of the Fan Club.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartonar View Post
    She, i say without brackets, must be a she, since... remember waaay back at the inn? i can't remember the strip number at the time. Hayley and V. were in the same room. Essentially, when you plan rooming arrangements, its all the guys in 1 room, all the girls in another. People in relationships/wedlock are an exception.
    Did you even read this page?

For the OotS' sake , can someone explain why so many people think that the fact that V rooms with Haley is an obvious definitive absolute evidence that V is a woman despite all the replies that have already been made about this?
    Last edited by Petrocorus; 2010-03-31 at 10:08 AM.

Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the Art of War would read "Full casters or GTFO".

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Exclamation Re: V's Gender Debate IV [Official]

Quote Originally Posted by ZerglingOne View Post
    All jokes in the comic aside. I have arrived at the conclusion that Vaarsuvius is female. Why? Well, we have everyone's favorite psychotic halfling to thank for that. V was at least partially correct when she came up with the "Belkar only has lust and hate" theory. Belkar has shown time and time again that he is 100% capable of discerning people by their scent. He is also capable of sniffing out a whore house which would likely smell reminiscent of female. (and other things )

Also, marked in DStP, there is a dark green line between V and Belkar indicating a "wants to shtup/shtupping." Belkar has also shown he is straight (and narrow for that matter) and thus would not desire a male. V is therefore female.
    I always wondered about that. It gave a really big hint. However, i came to the same conclusion a different way that everyone here will probably shoot down. I am a very big Watersmurf fan. She has fanfictions out about Redcloak/Vaarsuvius and V gets pregnant. I think that that implies feminity even if it is not author written. Oh of course there is a way to counter everyones assumptions. The ambiguous gender card in The OotS Adventure Game
    Last edited by hihidude; 2010-03-31 at 02:54 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hihidude View Post
    It gave a really big hint.
    Rich has NEVER given anything that can be considered a "hint", because he's going out of his way to make it as ambiguous as possible. Belkar's attraction to V means nothing, because Belkar doesn't know what sex V is. That line tells us more about Belkar than it does about V.

I am a very big Watersmurf fan. She has fanfictions out about Redcloak/Vaarsuvius and V gets pregnant. I think that that implies feminity even if it is not author written.
    Watersmurf is a poster on these boards like the rest of us; she doesn't have access to the author's thought process. She's decided that V is female for the purposes of her own fanfiction, but that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. However popular her character of V's child has become (and from the casual glances at the CP thread that I've taken, that does seem to be quite popular), that character simply does not exist in the OotS universe. There is no way we're ever going to see a pregnant V in the comic, because the very concept goes against everything Rich has spent so long establishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrocorus View Post
    Did you even read this page?

For the OotS' sake , can someone explain why so many people think that the fact that V rooms with Haley is an obvious definitive absolute evidence that V is a woman despite all the replies that have already been made about this?
    Sadly, there are altogether too many posters here who think that stating their own opinion is a LOT more important than reading what others have to say.
    Please write all sarcasm in blue text. All metaphors should be marked in red text and for any split infinitives, please use green. Thank you.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

I am a very big Watersmurf fan. She has fanfictions out about Redcloak/Vaarsuvius and V gets pregnant.
    Well, I'm a big lio45 fan, and he thinks V is male. So there you go.

Nimrod's Son, I wouldn't say never, and especially not in caps. Rich started going out of his way to make V as ambiguously-gendered as possible only a while after the comic was started. There actually ARE hints...

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
    Sadly, there are altogether too many posters here who think that stating their own opinion is a LOT more important than reading what others have to say.
    I personally indulge myself with the 40 pages of this thread before posting in it. Specifically to avoid saying something that as already been said.
    I don't expect everybody to do this, but they don't even read the very page they are posting in, that's exaggerated, i believe. I really get annoyed by this since the last page.

And i would be totally open to discuss on this particular point if anyone was, y'know, bringing any argument on.

29. - Top - End - #1199

I always wondered about that. It gave a really big hint. However, i came to the same conclusion a different way that everyone here will probably shoot down. I am a very big Watersmurf fan. She has fanfictions out about Redcloak/Vaarsuvius and V gets pregnant. I think that that implies feminity even if it is not author written.
    I see. Yes, it does imply feminity. But only in Watersmurf's fics. As you yourself pointed out, they're not author written. I fail to see how you drew the line between something in a fanfic to actual canon.
    It's like an old steam train, but powered on insanity and pain.

Uncle Fong avatar by Elagune

My Homebrewed Creatures:

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
    Nimrod's Son, I wouldn't say never, and especially not in caps. Rich started going out of his way to make V as ambiguously-gendered as possible only a while after the comic was started. There actually ARE hints...
    I meant since he decided to make V gender-ambiguous, obviously. But really, anything before that is no more a "hint" than him "hinting" that Belkar is male. It's not like he was handing out cryptic little clues; things were just meant to be taken at face value.

After he decided on ambiguity, he's gone to great lengths to keep it that way. Although I'm not sure exactly why you're pointing this out to me anyway - it's hardly news. It wasn't very long ago that you and I were talking about this same point, just a few pages back, remember?
    Last edited by Nimrod's Son; 2010-04-04 at 08:31 AM.
    Please write all sarcasm in blue text. All metaphors should be marked in red text and for any split infinitives, please use green. Thank you.