New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: New Freedom City: Shadows in Southside

Alyssa remained quiet during the journey, her head leaning tiredly against the window. Marvelous sang and wasn't half bad, though her choice of song could have been better in Alyssa's opinion. Either way, the trip was uneventful. As they pulled up, their entertainer for the evening turned to them, asking about first aid. Alyssa glanced at the Hood as he responded.

Following Quiver Queen's lead, Vapor unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the car. Limping behind the woman, she eyed the pharmacy as they approached. Her companion seemed to be confident about entering in costume, so Alyssa shrugged and followed suit. The place was quiet bar the bored cashier and the woman who seemed to be carefully going through a list. "I've had some training," she replied, as Quiver Queen selected a kit. "That one looks good. We'll need to convince him to take it easy, though. Anything too strenuous will undo whatever we patch up." She glanced back out at the car. "Not sure that'll be an easy talk, though. Plus, no idea how much his powers could assist. Mine sure don't..." she added quietly.

With Quiver Queen still leading, they approached the counter. The vigilante quickly and kindly offered to assist the woman already there. Alyssa knew that it was likely down to expediency but it highlighted a softer side to her companion - the archer capable of pin-cushioning a thug at twenty metres or more. Once they were ready to be served, she spoke up. "Add a bottle or pack of painkillers to that, please."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Oh...? Why thank you young lady. Thank you very much," The little old lady proceeds to very slowly follow Quiver Queen wherever the ex-villianess leads her to find everything on her list.

"Welcome to Free Drugs," the bored cashier tells Vapor. "Oh... you a superhero? Guess that's pretty cool..." he says with his droning voice.

"Oh... yes here it is," the little old lady says, reaching for the next item that Quiver Queen found for her. With a crash a hole in the ceiling right above Quiver Queen opens up and rubble comes crashing down on top of her! "Hm...?" The old lady looks around confused for a bit. "Excuse me, has anyone seen the nice young lady who was helping me out?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Quiver Queen must make a DC23 toughness save, followed by a DC18 dodge save vs. daze & hindered >> stunned & prone >> dying!

Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    Forgot to say this earlier, new issue so... hero points have reset to 1!!!

You Guys' Status
    • Marvelous - Normal - HP: 1
    • Vapor - hindered - HP: 1
    • The Hood - Fatigued, hindered, impaired - HP: 1
    • Quiver Queen - fatigued - HP: 1

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quiver Queen
    HP: 0
    Cond: Dazed, Hindered

"Ow..." Came a groan from under the pile of rubble. "Can I borrow that kit?"

Hobbled and head ringing, Kate slowly pulled herself up, drawing an arrow and peering up nonplussed at the hole in the ceiling. "What the hell was that? Oh, sorry, ma'm, be with you in a minute, soon as I can see straight..."

Show
    Rolled in OOC. Dazed and Bruised on toughness Nope, made it!, Dazed and Hindered on dodge.
    Last edited by Red_Jenny; 2016-10-01 at 04:27 PM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Cyrus suddenly starts into alertness. His empathy didn't really work through walls, but he could have sworn he felt... something.

I... I think something happened in there. If I'm reading it right, Q is hurt. More than she already was anyway.

Show
    Just felt it made more sense for him to pick up on a pain signal than a collapsing roof.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

5. - Top - End - #275

Alyssa gave the cashier a flat look which, despite his inability to see it, seemed like the proper response to his comment. Before she had a chance to actually say anything, however, a crash came from behind. Alyssa turned as quickly as she could and only saw the other customer looking confused. She hobbled over to the woman, then spotted Quiver Queen buried under rubble.

Making her way over, Alyssa took the woman by the arm as Quiver Queen struggled upright. "Perhaps you should step back a bit, ma'am," she said, indicating a point vaguely away from the hole. Without really waiting for either a reply or to see if the woman complied, Alyssa positioned herself between the two civilians and the hole. She looked Quiver Queen over. "You alright? If you step back a bit, I can check for anything serious. Give you time to keep an eye on that hole," she said, glancing at said point.

Their colleagues waiting in the car occurred to her. 'Marvelous?' She thought, trying to send the query across the ether. 'You hearing me? We might have a situation in here...'

6. - Top - End - #276

Zombie

Marvelous was tapping along with the radio, feeling pretty good about the people she had hooked up with and having a lead that could net them everything they needed to make surgical strikes at the Mob’s power structure.

I... I think something happened in there. If I'm reading it right, Q is hurt. More than she already was anyway.

‘Wait what?’ Marvelous stopped tapping halfway through a riff, and it took a second for her to process the sudden change from peaceful moment to something in which one of them might be hurt.

She quickly stepped out of the car, while reaching out to all three of her comrades.
    ‘Q, V, you guys ok in there?’ her mental voice was drenched in concern.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using mind communication to set up the mental network between them all again.
    I will be on hiatus from november 25st until december 20th, posting will be sporadic to non-existent during that time.

Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

After the rubble collapsed on top of Quiver Queen the cashier's eyes popped open with a start, "Oh great..." he utters out before heading over to the rubble and helping get Quiver Queen out of it, "Uh... if it helps you can go ahead and take whatever it is you came here to buy... on me," he says, his expression is one of extreme discomfort or uncertainty.

"Oh... when did that get there?" The old lady asks, looking up at the hole in the ceiling.

Show
    You Guys' Status
    • The Hood - Fatigued, hindered, impaired - HP: 1
    • Quiver Queen - dazed, hindered, fatigued - HP: 1

Last edited by Nintendogeek01; 2016-10-04 at 12:16 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278

RedSorcererGirl

Quiver Queen
    HP: 0
    Cond: Dazed, Hindered, Fatigued

The ceiling kinda... caved in on me. Big hole out of nowhere. Not sure how or why yet. Took a brick to the head, but I'm OK, or I will be, anyway. Not for the first time, Kate reflects on how weird the life of a cape is. Also, she was lying to make her teammates feel better. The archer was still woozy and unsteady on her feet.

"Thanks." The curt response to the cashier was at least partly genuine, though you couldn't tell from her tone. Quiver Queen gave the hole a look-over before giving the old lady a much warmer smile. "Have a lovely night."

If that wasn't an accident we should get outside ASAP.

Show
    What's the building like? Multi-story? Just trying to figure out what I should be picturing here.

Recovery Fort save, DC 18: (1d20+7)[8]

Perception, to see what's up with the hole: (1d20+7)[10]
    Last edited by Red_Jenny; 2016-10-04 at 12:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279

Quiver Queen didn't look too steady on her feet but Alyssa decided to trust the woman's assessment of her own condition until events proved otherwise. 'We're on our feet but this is... weird. Not sure whether to expect something else or not.' Unfortunately, she didn't have a great view of the hole from where she stood and, though tempted to have a closer look - was that the sky? - something in the cashier's voice made her pause and turn to study him.

Show
    Insight check on the cashier, is he hiding something? (1d20+11)[14]

Frowning as she eyed the cashier, she nodded at Quiver Queen's suggestion. "Might be best if we move somewhere safer," she said aloud. "Sir? Ma'am?" She began trying to usher the civilians away from the hole.

10. - Top - End - #280

Zombie

‘I'm trying to get a view on the roof.’
    Marvelous crept around the car, trying to keep hidden and get a better view of the pharmacy’s roof.
    ‘So including the hordes of enemies her Majesty probably has made on the hero side, does anybody know of anybody who could drop a roof on somebody without caving in the entire place?’

‘Can't see anything on the roof.’
    Show
    Perception +10 - (1d20+10)[26]
    For checking if there's something on the roof.

Added the results.
    Last edited by Chivy; 2016-10-06 at 11:53 AM.
    I will be on hiatus from november 25st until december 20th, posting will be sporadic to non-existent during that time.

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

11. - Top - End - #281

RedSorcererGirl

Quiver Queen
    HP: 1
    Cond: Dazed, Hindered, Fatigued

Doc Metropolis could, but if I pissed him off I'd be in much deeper trouble than a brick to the head. Quiver Queen helps Vapor move the civilians away. Even if it had been a one-time attack against her, there was now a big hole in the roof, and that wasn't safe for anyone. Maybe they're invisible?

Wobbling back out to the car, she slides in and drops the pile of candy and chocolate in Marvelous's lap. "Your sugar, madame. I wasn't sure what you liked, so, um, these are my favorites." Kate grins despite her condition. "Vapor says she knows first aid, so no worries, Hood. And hey, we got it for free."

12. - Top - End - #282

Sighing quietly to herself, Alyssa dismissed the cashier - the guy was probably just rattled and likely wanted to avoid being sued.

She continued to study the hole. 'I'll go check out the roof. Anyone have a chance to sift through the rubble for an explanation?' While awaiting a response, she ghosted and started drifting up towards the hole, intending to pass through to the roof. The incident was certainly exceptional and the likelihood that it was a mere coincidence seemed incredibly small.

'I won't delay long, Hood. And I'm hoping Quiver Queen's catching her breath...'

Show
    As indicated, Vapor will attempt to fly up through the hole to the roof, keeping an eye and ear - heck, nose too - out for anything that can be spotted: (1d20+13)[30]
    Last edited by Silent_p; 2016-10-09 at 01:16 AM.

13. - Top - End - #283

Zombie

‘Be careful Vapor.’
    Marvelous waited for a moment to make sure that Vapor wasn’t screaming in agony, then walked back to the car, still keeping an eye on the roof.
    ‘If it was an attack, it’s a strange one.’
    ‘Accident? Wrong place, wrong time.’
    she failed to sound convincing even to herself, maybe she was just paranoid.

Alana stood next to the driver’s seat, with the door open and grinned at Quiver Queen, when she deposited her haul.
    ‘You look a little worse for wear Q. You sure you're all right?’

‘Oe, curly wurly.’ she said delightedly when she looked at the acumilated foodstuffs, grabbing the candy while still keeping an eye on the area. Her gloves made it slightly harder to pull the rapper off, but with a little fiddling she got it off and bit into the candy with gusto. She made a few sounds of pleasure, before she remembered she wasn’t alone. Alana looked at the others and shrugged.
    ‘What? Caramel and chocolate. Add wine and you have three or four of the most important food groups.’

She then looked at the roof again.
    ‘If it is an attack, and we can’t find them, getting out of here might be the right call. Vapor, you found anything up there?’

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

14. - Top - End - #284

A brief look around the rooftop revealed little of interest and certainly nothing that pointed toward an explanation. Though still ghosted, Alyssa favoured the sky with a brief look of irritation before making her way back inside. 'Nothing to report and seems like little we can do. I'll check on the civilians, then make my way out to you.'

Solidifying, Alyssa winced slightly at putting weight on her leg again. Doing her best not to let the others see, she approached the woman and the cashier. "I hope neither of you are injured. I'm afraid there seems little we can do. I would suggest taking care where you step, though I'm not sure how useful that is..." She trailed off a bit sheepishly.

Feeling awkward, she picked up the first-aid kit, turned and made her way out to the car. Getting in, she looked from Quiver Queen to the Hood. "How are we doing this?"

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

With the vigilantes in the car nothing is there to stop them from heading towards their next destination; the Fens. It's a long drive, and despite the late hours not everyone has turned in, but it's much better than mid-day traffic by a long shot. You pass by a few pedestrians both of the suspicious looking sort and of the less fortunate sort before your next turn, you find yourself in front of one car and behind another before they both take turns separate from your next turn. Eventually you join a small line of cars driving down the Mona-Glenn bridge, connecting Southside to The Fens.

The drive is accompanied by sounds of the rain hitting the windshield, the wipers squeegeeing across the glass to wipe away the rain, the sound of tires against wet pavement, and the radio. The sounds only interrupted by any conversation the vigilantes feel like making.

Eventually you arrive in the Fens, the buildings look even older than they do in Southside, and the rain isn't doing the atmosphere any favors, except maybe to add a little extra fog to the illumination of the neon signs trying to direct you to the nearest strip club. Eventually you pull up to a brownstone building with a large sign across the front window, a martini glass with dice rather than olives precedes the name that reads "Lucky Liquor"

The lights are off, and the neon open sign is likewise switched off.

Show
    You Guys' Status
    • The Hood - Fatigued, hindered, impaired - HP: 2
    • Quiver Queen - dazed, hindered, fatigued - HP: 2

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

The Hood - Fatigued, hindered, impaired - HP: 2

Cyrus awakens with a groan. So much for resting on the way. He still feels sluggish from overworking his powers, and his still-untreated cuts aren't doing him any favors, either.

I must be getting old. Teenaged me would've been up for an entire night of debauchery after that nap.

17. - Top - End - #287

RedSorcererGirl

"Ah, knocking over a liquor store. This takes me back." Quiver Queen finally piped up. Kate had been half-dazed, half drowsing on the way to Lucky Liquor, which meant that rarest of things, she was also quiet. "Hmm, fixing folks. I got knocked in the head, not much you can do for that with a first aid kit, not unless there's smelling salts in there? Take care of yourself and Hood first, Vapor. I'll slide out if you need more room. I like the rain anyway."

Kate did just that, stepping out and leaning against the back of the car. She took the opportunity to give the neighborhood a good scan. It was late, and the store itself seemed quiet, but the Fens stayed up late, and there was always trouble of some sort lurking around, to say nothing of the incident at the drug store. Better to be safe than sorry.

Show
    Perception, checking out the neighborhood: (1d20+7)[23]

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quiver Queen looks around; across the street from Lucky Liquor there's a closed convenience store and a few other stores. Probably cheap apartments above them if she had to guess. On either side of Lucky Liquor was an adult movie store, and another building that was probably all apartment buildings. There was sufficient space between both buildings to create a sizeable enough alleyway. Going around back Quiver Queen can find a dumpster and a backdoor slightly elevated off the ground and accessed by a small platform. Based on the empty boxes that are now soaking up rain, that's probably where they bring in new shipments. There doesn't seem to be anything immediately remarkable in the area, though Quiver Queen does catch the sound of two people shouting profanity at each other.

Looking closely at the building there are definitely security cameras set up; one looking over the dumpster and backdoor, and two positioned at the front to get a solid view of foot traffic coming from either direction. The only ground floor windows look into the store floor itself, and it's difficult to make out much more than the vague outline of the store shelves, and what you'd assume are bottles and magazines, thanks to the lighting from outside, dim though it may be. The building does have other windows but they're up one floor. There is a fire escape ladder but it's currently been pulled up and out of reach of the ground, and further there is another camera watching it.

Show
    Rest-assured, I'm assuming for now that Quiver Queen is avoiding the line of sight of the cameras she spotted.

Once Quiver Queen is done scoping out the area she returns to find Marvelous stepping out of the car, "Say just a thought... how long do you think it will be before word gets around that Dice was killed?"

Show
    You Guys' Status

Last edited by Nintendogeek01; 2016-10-17 at 09:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289

Deciding not to risk exacerbating any injuries while the car was in motion, Alyssa settled back for the ride. Quiver Queen didn't seem too bad but the Hood certainly looked to be in poor shape. Once they had pulled up to close to their destination, Quiver Queen finalised Alyssa's decision by suggesting treating the Hood first, then getting out to make space.

"At least experience comes with age, even if endurance flags a little," she said, as the Hood woke slowly. She handed him the painkillers then began preparing some items from the first aid kit. "Take a couple of those and I'll get started." The interior of the car would make for an awkward environment but nothing could be done about it. "I'll need you to look at my leg when I'm done," she added, carefully unravelling gauze.

Show
    Treatment roll to bandage the Hood's injuries: (1d20+8)[18]

20. - Top - End - #290

RedSorcererGirl

Quiver Queen blows on her hands as she thinks over the question. "Well, he's not all that far from where the big fight was, so figure the cops, or, someone, anyway, will find him before daybreak, at the latest. Probably before that, honestly. It's not like he's hidden. Once the cops find him, that's pretty much the same as the mob finding him, with how many dirty cops there are. Take a couple hours for the news to spread, sooo, say, by noon, everyone who matters will know that he's no longer with us? I dunno, I don't report deaths to the mob very often."

Kate pokes her head down the alley, beginning to form an idea as she gets the lay of the land, gnawing absently on her fingernail and talking, partly to the others, mostly to herself.

"All right, cut the cord to that back camera, or just put an arrow through the lens, pop the lock... circuit box in a building like this is probably on the bottom floor, and in the back, so we get in, cut the power, and we're free to poke through all of Dice's goodies and take his good liquor home with us."

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, s#!t.

Cyrus hesitated, suddenly aware that he would have to take off his hoodie in order for Vapor to treat his wounds. It was a close thing, but he'd honestly feel less awkward removing his pants.

But he decides to bite the bullet, popping the painkiller and pulling his hoodie off his shoulders.

It's a bit of a hassle given his state, and he gets stuck several times, but he manages to get the sweater off. Aside from his most recent injuries, some of which are still bleeding, his arms showcase a variety of marks. Light stretch marks break up the dark skin along his biceps, a sign of the sudden musculature he'd found himself building once puberty had hit. He had a lot of other scars- from defensive wounds mostly, faded bruises or stray cuts that a person would normally pick up from street brawls.

But he also had some marks that were difficult to place. Circular burn scars, odd raised welts, and strangely enough, what looked like a scar from a lightning strike.

He smiles broadly, hopine to hide how... exposed he feels.
    I usually wait until the fifth date for this kind of thing...

22. - Top - End - #292

"Uh huh," Alyssa replied in a flat voice. "Well, this may sting a little." Pulling off her gloves, she picked up some materials and adjusted her seating slightly, hiding a wince as her leg flared painfully. Methodically, she began cleaning the Hood's injuries using the small tube of antiseptic cream.

She studied his old injuries as she worked, her hands firm but not harsh. He seemed to have accumulated a large number of them, some a complete mystery. She briefly debated asking him about them but, given the level of trust he was already displaying by allowing her to treat him, she decided not to push it.

Once she finished cleaning, she began the awkward process of bandaging. Concentrating, Alyssa paid little attention to what was going on around her. Her work became something of a rush job, however, as the precarious situation hit home - they weren't exactly in a safe, secure or even warm location.

Sitting back, she looked over her work. "Right. I hope that'll hold. Just try not to exert yourself too much. Some of those cuts may need stitches..."

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well... probably not stitches, but some disinfectant and changing bandages for a bit, at the very least Vapor is confident she got out any stray bits of glass that had clung to the wounds and would've risked further infection.

Show
    Treatment check succeeded, The Hood will recover quicker than Quiver Queen, whenever that might be.

"Well, guess it's a good thing we don't plan on being here until noon then," Marvelous replied. You can hear her stifle a yawn underneath her mask before shaking her head, "Okay so you said cameras right? I..." she pauses, "Guess I'll leave that to you, sorry, this is a bit out of my expertise," she admits sheepishly "Oh! But leave rooting through paperwork to me!" she adds with some gusto. There's a bit of a pause and then she adds "Do you think they sell good liquor here?" as though she's hesitant to hope so.

Show
    You Guys' Status

Last edited by Nintendogeek01; 2016-10-22 at 06:31 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294

RedSorcererGirl

"Don't worry, it's right in the middle of mine." Quiver Queen's grin threatened to split her face. It might just be a chintzy liquor store in the Fens, but the thief was back in her element. "You can have all the incriminating files you can eat."

Dropping to one knee, Kate drew an arrow taut and took a deep breath, fighting with her own wobbly body as much as the rain and small size of her target. After a few seconds, she let loose, sending the shaft zipping up towards the camera's power cable. Step one.

"Honestly, I doubt a liquor joint in the Fens run by a man as... discerning as Dice has anything decent, but hey, we might get lucky, right?"

Show
    Cutting the backdoor camera's power cable with a standard bodkin point arrow. Taking the Aim action first. (1d20+9)[20]+2 or +5, depending. (Not sure if this counts as close range). I know you can take 10 against objects, but snipping a cable with an arrow seems hard enough to need a roll. I'll leave it up to the boss.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Though the cable runs directly into the building wall it is still exposed; it'd be too hard a target to hit for most archers, but Quiver Queen is not most archers!

The arrow neatly clips through the cable and gets stuck in the brick wall behind it at an angle. The camera is successfully cut now.

Show
    You Guys' Status

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

He'd needed patch jobs before. Really, this was nothing he hadn't been through several times over. Antiseptic cream stung, bandages were kind of uncomfortable going on. People stared at his wounds.

At least here, his impromptu nurse, though curious, understood his need for privacy. He'd had to explain the concept of Lichtenberg figure too many times.

But it was the part that came after that was the problem.

There was a certain amount of aloofness he tried to keep up, because being an empath was often a two-way street.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_p View Post
    Sitting back, she looked over her work. "Right. I hope that'll hold. Just try not to exert yourself too much. Some of those cuts may need stitches..."
    So does that mean I don't get to flex for you later on? He grins and makes his pecs jump.

Almost immediately his expression changes.

Oh... Jesus. Look, that was... that was inappropriate and really unprofessional... super awkward and I'm really sorry that's kind of a thing that happens because I'm an empath I tend to form attachments really easily I mean look at us we made some vaguely significant physical contact and suddenly I lose my mind-to-mouth filter and think it's appropriate to be flirty and... really gross honestly that was uncalled for and I should probably stop talking but I've apparently lost the ability to use commas verbally. He stops to take a breath, and clamps a hand over his mouth. After a few moments, he slowly puts his hand away, blushing. I'm gonna... put my hoodie back on.

Show
    Ah, the downsides of being an emotion-based metahuman.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2016-10-25 at 11:40 AM.

27. - Top - End - #297

Sitting back slightly, Alyssa waited as the Hood rambled. She was slightly confused as she'd expressed no interest in the man and the situation hardly lent itself to such a proposition. It dawned on her as he spoke that it was something of a side-effect of his abilities. Given his immediate apology, embarrassment and complete lack of intent regarding pursuing the matter further, Alyssa saw no reason to be irritated or dwell on the event.

Once he'd wound down, she shrugged. "No harm done. I can barely imagine the difficulty of experiencing more emotions than simply my own." While he was donning his hoodie, she began removing the boot on her injured leg and gained a renewed appreciation for the discomfort of being injured in a tight space. Once the Hood was clothed, she held out some of the bandages to him. "I'd do it myself but the angle would be awkward in these confines," she added, gesturing to her leg.

Show
    I'm imagining she'd put her leg in the Hood's lap while he tends to it, so run with that if it suits!

28. - Top - End - #298

RedSorcererGirl

"There we go!" Quiver Queen leaves the arrow sticking out of the bricks as she waltzes past the camera. The mob already knew she was back. A little calling card never hurt, and 'you can't keep me out' was a good message to send. "And as for you, little lock..." Kate fiddled with a belt pouch and pulled out an odd-looking little metal contraption, somewhere between a glue gun and a nail gun, with a small steel rod sticking from the "barrel." She inserted the rod into the lock and pressed the trigger. With a satisfying *thunk*, the lock was forced open. "Ahh, easy mode."

Humming to herself, Quiver Queen wandered back to the street. "If you two are done playing doctor, we've got a way in." Kate rapped on the car door and smiled. "Don't walk in front of the sidewalk cameras, they're still up."

Show
    With GM permission, using QQ's lock release gun to pop the back door.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

The Hood - Fatigued, hindered, impaired, hot, bothered. - HP: 2

Cyrus spent more time within his hoodie than was strictly necessary, until he was sure he could stay calm.

Or, if he were being honest with himself, so deep into denial that he might actually burrow through the Earth's crust and end up in Egypt.

Yeah, that didn't even make sense.

But back to the point. He and Vapor had barely spoken a paragraph to each other in the better part of three hours that they'd known each other.

He was grateful to her for patching him up. And maybe a little impressed.

His powers had reacted to a bit of necessary physical contact, and they were affecting how he perceived the situation.

No attraction at all. Whatsoever.

He was just about ready to nod off and pretend that he was alone on the car until somebody needed him, when something fell across his lap.

Something that was part of Vapor.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_p View Post
    "I'd do it myself but the angle would be awkward in these confines," she added, gesturing to her leg.
    Uh... sure. Of course. Returning the favor.

He rolls her pantleg up to the knee, and I'd immediately thankful.

At least it's below your knee. If it was much higher I'd have to... actually, how about we pretend I never started talking.

Pull yourself together idiot, He chastises himself. It's a leg. Not even a thigh. You can do this.

His stills his churning aura into a false semblance of calm.

Not broken, but that bruise is pretty nasty. We should probably set it anyway, at least until you can get someone whose medical expertise goes past a standard first aid class.

He starts to bind up her leg, pulling the bandage tight in certain places , and leaving it loose in others, and including a few extra binds about the ankle and instep.

That should transfer most of the force away from the actual injury. Make it easier to put weight on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Jenny View Post
    Humming to herself, Quiver Queen wandered back to the street. "If you two are done playing doctor, we've got a way in." Kate rapped on the car door and smiled.
    Not the best choice of words right now!
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2016-10-25 at 10:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300

Alyssa sat quietly, her leg in the Hood's lap as he examined it. She'd been mostly confident that nothing was broken but relieved to hear it confirmed. He seemed to know what he was doing and carefully performed the bandaging in much the way she had expected. Once he was done, she wiggled her toes experimentally to ensure blood-flow was alright, then withdrew her leg. "Thank you, that should work well."

Swivelling slightly, she was putting her boot back on as Quiver Queen approached the car. The woman's comment caused the Hood some further consternation but Alyssa simply nodded at the advice regarding the cameras. "Understood. Good work." Stepping out of the vehicle, she glanced back at the Hood before looking to Marvelous and Quiver Queen. "I'll follow your lead," she said to the archer, gently testing her leg. The pain was still there but movement didn't seem to exacerbate it which was all positive.

Ready to enter the store, she waited to see how the Hood fared.