New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: New Freedom City: Shadows in Southside

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Jenny View Post
    "Hood, you all right? You look like you're about to keel over."Kate doesn't bother to keep her concern in the mental channels. "I didn't see or hear anything. What happened?"
    Someone around here is so angry that I've got that thing where you see sounds and smell colors. Not an exaggeration, mind you, I can't even feel you guys anymore! It's like my powers moved to my eyes except I-

His thought is interrupted by the crash of bricks, and, while he had experienced the waning aura of the dying... He'd never seen it before.

It's horrifying in all the right ways.

Then the lights start shining, and he realizes that as cool as playing around with this vision thing could be, he needs his other sense back. He wouldnt be able to fight, or find anyone, or make himself appear as what he wasn't, and it seemed like he would need to do one or all of these within the next few critical seconds. One final visual sweep of his ragtag team, and he closes his eyes, hoping for the best.

He was in someone's good books because as soon as his eyelids fall, the not-quite sounds and not-quite smells with which he was familiar return. Including the not-quite melody of his own aura, which he could play not unlike an instrument, and immediately strummed to the tune of "white noise" as he lay flat, trying to put as much beam between himself and the mobsters as he could.

He prepared to fight anyway, just in case hiding didn't work.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Stealth: (1d20+8)[19]

Initiative: (1d20+10)[30]

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Things started happening quickly: the Hood seemed to collapse from something; the others noted something else behind a tarp and a third something led to a pile of blocks falling on some mob stooges. Not a fate Alyssa would wish on anyone but a part of her brain reassessed the odds nonetheless. They were more alert now and actively looking for trouble but were also disorganised.

'Hood, you with us?' He hadn't looked good but seemed tentatively back in communication. 'Doubt we'll be able to hide up here for long. I figure we go with Quiver Queen's idea: hit the drugs with acid, cause some more confusion, maybe panic. I'm going for Julie - pretty sure she's over behind those crates. After that, I'm guessing we've got a fight on our hands...'

While open to any suggestions from the others, Alyssa ghosted and readied herself to drift quickly along the beams and then down to Julie's supposed position.
    Last edited by Silent_p; 2016-08-07 at 06:41 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153

Zombie

'You're not bleeding. Are you okay?' Alana added her own feelings of concern while relaying her compagnion's messages to Hood. She was focussed on Hood and trying to sence what was attacking him when the blocks went over and everything turned to chaos. It shocked her back to what was happening.

'Q is right. W..we can't let them escape.' Marvelous said, her nervousness easily detectable in the psychic message, as she went to one knee and pulled the gun she had taken from one of the thugs in the car from her belt. Her hand slightly shacking.
    Pull back the slide. Safety off. Aim across the sights. Keep both eyes open. Breathe slowly. Don't think of it as shooting a person, but as knocking him down.
    She remembered at least two dozen movies where people were taught to shoot and she simply followed the majority of advice given to those fictional characters and their fictional guns. She winced at the loud sound the weapon made when she pulled back the slide and it was returned by the sping.

'We need to take out as many as we can.' She swallowed back her nerves, hoping that the others were a lot more combat savy than she was.
    'I'll keep communications open as long as I can, but if I need to focus use my abilities on anything else I might need to drop it for a few moments. I'll try and give some warning.'
    I will be on hiatus from november 25st until december 20th, posting will be sporadic to non-existent during that time.

Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Holy ****!

Quiver Queen's reaction to the falling blocks (and squished mobsters) gets broadcast through the mental network like she used a megaphone. She stifles a burst of disbelieving, strained laughter, her brain unable to come up with a more appropriate response in time. She snaps back to attention as the lights and guns come out, shifting about on the beam with more concern for stealth and getting an open shot than her actual protection.

Right right, let's get this show on the road. Nobody breathe the stuff that's about to come out of that crate, it's probably not good for you! Kate pulls her bow taut and lets fly with her caustic payload.

Show
    Making an attack using All-Out Attack (+5/-5), so I can hopefully get that lovely auto-crit for attacking an object. Kate's defenses are lowered to +5/+3 until her next turn. (1d20+14)[20] Acid Arrow is Weaken Toughness 7, and it affects objects, so the drugs autofail a DC 17 Fort save (or 22 with the crit). Since there are a bunch, just to be explicit, Kate is aiming for the drugs in the crate Dice opened and showed off.
    Last edited by Red_Jenny; 2016-08-08 at 08:53 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

From their positions around the lot Dice and the street criminals picked for this operation look around, Dice looks up first towards the upper level of the beams, and that glint in his eyes makes it crystal clear that he sees you up there, "Up there!"

"I see 'em!" one of the larger guys yells as he, and a few others, looks up and get their guns ready while most of them still fumble around a bit. Unfortunately four of them could've done to pay more attention to what was going on above as the arrow released by Quiver Queen hits the drug crate that Dice had opened earlier!

Soon a cloud of noxious chemicals is released from the crate and all four begin coughing. Two of them seem to bear it while one passes out immediately, and the last one not only falls to his knees doubled over, but he also begins coughing up blood!

It seems the goons are still gathering their wits, The Hood notices, so the time for him to act is now!

Spoiler: Combat Begins!!!
    Show
    Surprise rounds are a bit tricky to figure out when doing block initiative but I do believe I've got it. First how the turn order is going to play out during the surprise round and the first round.
    1. Quiver Queen, The Hood
    2. Dice & Street crooks x 16
    3. Marvelous, Vapor (last surprise round actions)
    4. The Hood, Quiver Queen
    5. Other figure
    6. Dice & Street crooks x 16
    7. All players

Quiver Queen has already given her action for her turn so it'll just be the Hood now.

Action Breakdowns
    You Guys
    • Quiver Queen - Your arrow strikes home and catches the four "criminals" in a 15ft radius cloud around that crate you shot (it will last this round and 1 more round). With respect to your power level we'll go with rank 8 on this cloud. The dodge saves are 16, 7, 15, and 15 while the fort saves are 20, 17, 21, and a nat 1 for the last one. Two of them are lucky enough to stay conscious this round, one is incapacitated, and one is dying (17 on his first fort save so he's stuck on dying for now).
    • The Hood - Just waiting on you.
    • Marvelous - Now now, wait your turn.
    • Vapor - You too.

Dice & Street Crooks
    • Dice - He nat 20'd his perception check so is not surprised this round, and may in fact take an action (Once Hood has gone).
    • Criminals - These guys get 14, 11, 9, and 12, so they are vulnerable to everyone except for Marvelous. Two of them are down now (though seeing as they can't move the standing ones will have to do this song and dance next turn again).
    • Thugs - These guys get 13, 2, 10, and a nat 20! One thug is vulnerable to everyone, two thugs are vulnerable to everyone except Marvelous, and one thug is vulnerable to no one and is able to act this surprise round (once Hood has gone).
    • Goons - These guys get 9, 1, 7, and 13, I'm too lazy to do tie-breakers for minions this time around so... two goons are vulnerable to everyone, two goons are vulnerable to everyone except for Marvelous.
    • Toughs - These guys get 9, 13, 21, and 19, again I'm too lazy for tiebreakers this time around so... two toughs are vulnerable to everyone except for Marvelous, one tough is vulnerable to The Hood and Vapor, one Tough is vulnerable only to Vapor.

Spoiler: Status Surprise Round
    Show
    You guys' Status
    • Marvelous - Normal - HP: 1
    • Vapor - Normal - HP: 1
    • The Hood - Normal - HP: 2
    • Quiver Queen - Normal - HP: 0

Dice & Street Crooks
    • Dice - Normal
    • Criminals - 2/4 (1 is dying)
    • Thugs - 4/4
    • Toughs - 4/4
    • Goons - 4/4

Other
    • Other Figure - Normal

It's time for some drug/mob-busting! The Hood may now act!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Cyrus, while not a coward, would have been perfectly content to stay safe in hiding and leave the combat to the more powerful folk. That they were all women didn't bother him- any sense of machismo was thoroughly beaten out of him as he watched his mother work moracles to make ends meet. Feminism would march on whether or not he contributed.

But alas, he'd been spotted, and he wouldn't be a sitting duck.

Didn't mean he'd jump into the fray, either.

He focused his power and found a small group of auras, stragglers from the main group. Two, maybe three, headed away from the general ruckus, thiugh not toward the exit. Maybe they would try to hop the fence? In any case, he made them the target. And whatever guns he had trained on him would have to aim through the beams.

Slipping on his dusters, Cyrus slides down a beam, jumping off at a height where he figures he wouldn't hurt himself, and just as the two thugs are passing by. He doesnt exactly land in front of them, so he flares his aura dangerously to catch their attention, his hood over the top of his face so that all they can see is his predatory grin.

Hey there.

Show

Athletics to maneuver to the ground: (1d20+4)[19]

Intimidate to startle the goons: (1d20+16)[34]

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Ah...!"

"$#!%!!!"

The two crooks that the Hood jumps in front of fall backwards and scramble to their feet, barely able to hold their guns as they look at the hooded terror who just appeared before them, looking ready to eat them or something!

"They've seen what's goin' on here don't let them leave!" Dice shouts, now quite plainly looking at each of you and is fully on his guard.

"I got the arrow chick!" the larger one from earlier shouts while firing off a shot that flies by Quiver Queen and bounces off of a metal beam! Meanwhile the poor saps caught in the drug crate gas have all stopped coughing and passed out... except for one poor bugger, who looks deathly pale and is still hacking hard enough to send droplets of blood onto the sand though he's still hanging on. Luckily for him the gas has stopped fuming about everywhere.

Most of the thugs are coming around to the danger now, if Marvelous is fast she might still be able to catch a few unawares, while Vapor herself has remained largely unnoticed, yes she definitely has an opportune moment here.

Spoiler: Surprise Round
    Show
    Action Breakdowns
    You Guys
    • The Hood - One of them gets a 6, the other a 4. They are both have the disabled condition until the end of your next round!
    • Quiver Queen - We'll take this time to check on the criminals you gassed (in a manner of speaking). The two that were still standing finally pass out. As for the one that's dying he's just shy of pulling out of dying with a 19, but he needs a 20 to stabilize so he's still gonna be touch and go for a bit, I don't remember if anyone in the group had treatment but if they are so inclined I feel obligated to remind you that treatment DC15 can stabilize someone. Oh and the gas is now gone.
    • Marvelous - So I guess you guys can go.
    • Vapor - Oh but let's see what the few villains who can act get to say.

Dice & Street Crooks
    • Dice - Dice doesn't really seem to do anything other than shout.
    • Criminals - These guys are out of commission, one is still dying though.
    • Thugs - Three thugs are vulnerable to Vapor (one of said thugs is now disabled); as for the one thug who can still take an action he shoots at Quiver Queen but will miss on an 11.
    • Goons - Two of these guys are vulnerable to Vapor and Marvelous, two of them are vulnerable only to Vapor.
    • Toughs - All of these guys are vulnerable to Vapor, one of them is even disabled thanks to The Hood.

Spoiler: Status Surprise Round
    Show
    You guys' Status
    • Vapor - Normal - HP: 1
    • The Hood - Normal - HP: 2

Dice & Street Crooks
    • Dice - Normal
    • Criminals - 0/4 (1 is dying)
    • Thugs - 4/4 (1 is disabled)
    • Toughs - 4/4 (1 is disabled)
    • Goons - 4/4

Other
    • Other Figure - Normal

All Players may now act! Vapor and Marvelous are still within the surprise round and the targets vulnerable to them have been highlighted above.

8. - Top - End - #158

They'd been spotted. Too risky to move to Julie, I'd only draw attention to her. Alyssa took a couple of seconds to assess the situation. Quiver Queen's arrow struck home, raising a cloud that left several men incapacitated - including one who appeared in a bad way. Need to check on him once the gunfire dies down. The Hood jumped down to confront a couple more of the thugs, taking them by surprise.

Now was the time to act. A final scan for a place to start and Alyssa flew down, drawing her nightstick. 'I'm gonna take out a few of the outliers, then work my way toward Dice. Should draw some of the fire away from you guys.' That said, she picked one of the toughs who hadn't noticed her and approached. With practiced ease, she solidified her lower arm, hand and weapon, swinging for the back of his neck.

Show
    Vapor is aiming to take out a tough fairly near her starting position.
    Partial solidifying as per rules for Precise Insubstantiality (p. 115)
    Attack roll: (1d20+9)[19]

9. - Top - End - #159

Zombie

Marvelous' heart jumped up her throat at the first shot aimed at them. It went wide, but it hammered home that this was serious. Life and death serious. And that she was woefully underequiped for anything resembling a standup gun fight. Both in actual equipment and in practice. She sighted her acquited thug's pistol at one of the closer criminals and she squized the trigger.

Knowing that she had just made herself a target, she tried to navigate across the beams to some cover where she could keep up her assault.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Marvelous will be shooting (at) one of the closer thugs. She doesn't have a ranged combat skill so it's d20 + dex right?
    (1d20+2)[14]

She'll then make her way to something resembling cover, one of the vertical beams of the building's skeleton or something like that.
    No acrobatics, so d20 + agi right?
    (1d20+2)[17]
    I will be on hiatus from november 25st until december 20th, posting will be sporadic to non-existent during that time.

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

10. - Top - End - #160

RedSorcererGirl

"How dare you!" Quiver Queen reacts to being shot at like it was a terrible insult, not a lethal matter. "You miserable, fat... ooh! I'm gonna turn you into a pincushion... Wait, no, no. Ah!"

She pulled out a hefty-looking arrow with a flared, bulbous, round head with a large, flat striking area. It looked like a billiard ball cut in half (because it was). "I'd make a brain damage joke, but I don't think there's anything to hurt!" Kate swung around and aimed right between the goon's eyes.

Show
    Aiming for the goon near the car (the one that shot at Kate): (1d20+9)[12] with Stun Arrow. DC 17 Fort save if it hits vs Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Smirking inwardly at the stumbling men, Cyrus rushes at them, grabbing one by the collar and swinging him round, launching him at his compatriot. For all his effort, though, the throw was off, and instead of the two men colliding, Cyrus basically ended up tossing one man past the other, to land with a heavy thud. Thankfully, he could think on the fly. Eyes still covered, he licks his lips on a vaguely sensual manner.

Eh, he was too skinny. You'd make a much better meal, I think.

Show
    Deception check to Taunt (Denoralize):
    (1d20+16)[34]

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Where are th-DOH!" One tough guy shouts in panic before Vapor's misty form descends on him, solidifies her arm and then swings her nightstick across the side of his head, sending him falling to the ground!

"Ah!" One of the larger guys screams in pain as Marvelous uses her purloined pistol to shoot him in the shoulder, sending him rolling to the ground, clutching his bullet wound in pain!

Meanwhile it seems that Quiver Queen might still have material to make a hard-headed joke, as the blunted arrow bounces off the guy's forehead and his only reaction is to take a step back and rub his forehead in pain, "Ow! That hurt bitch!" he shouts back while he and two other guys fire their guns at Quiver Queen. Two of the shooters miss by a mile but the biggest shooter hits Quiver Queen's hood, tearing a hole in it!

"Whoa hey let go!" The Hood meanwhile has picked up a fairly large man, and then heaved him towards his other poor victim! "Aaaahhh...!"

"Whoa!" His friend managed to duck under the flying man, instead sending him flying into one of the vertical beams on the ground with a clang before falling to the ground in a pained groan. "Wait did you say meal!?" the other guy shouts in panic before taking a shot that hits the ground way to the Hood's side!

"Only one gettin' eatin' is you wise-ass!" Hood turns around to see one of the four largest guys in the lot rush in and take a wildly telegraphed swing with his fist to try and hit the Hood, but the Hood easily gets out of the way of that attack. The rest of the crooks by now have their flashlights shining in the right places to target our heroes, as demonstrated when two crooks try to shoot Marvelous, both shots zipping past her cover! One shooter aims for Vapor, who jerked her still solid arm upward as a reflex!

That's when one of the four largest guys clasps both hands together and slams them down right on top of the inside of Vapor's arm-joint!

While all of this is going on Marvelous can plainly see Dice breaking into an impressive sprint clear for the other side of the lot! Disappearing behind the tarp hanging on the far end of the lot.

All the while the one criminal is still coughing and hacking away, still on his hands and knees trying hard not to keel over. He looks weakly towards the vehicles and points a shaky hand in their direction, "Hey... guys..." his call is interrupted by shouts gunfire and coughing.

Spoiler: DC20 perception
    Show
    You still managed to make out what the sickly guy who looks ready to keel over is saying, "The tires... guys the tires..."

Spoiler: Round 1
    Show
    Action Breakdowns
    You Guys
    • Vapor - The Tough you target goes down due to getting a 9 on his toughness save. We'll treat you having your arm solid but the rest of you insubstantial as having partial cover in melee and total cover at range (-2 and -5 penalty to attack checks respectively, same as it goes for disarm). Also given the descriptor of your armor we're going to say you still have defensive roll but the armor does not cover your arm. Seems an appropriate trade-off.
    • Marvelous - You hit the Thug and he gets a 13 on his toughness role and as such goes down!
    • Quiver Queen - First he gets to act in the surprise round, and now he manages to get a 17 exactly to resist your stun arrow, this guy is currently the luckiest thug in Freedom City (Dice doesn't count... he's a mafioso, step up the criminal hierarchy there. ).
    • The Hood - You had a thug and a tough, there is a difference in this case. But anyways you called it correctly, you grabbed the thug just fine (close one though, he had an 11 to try and resist your grab) and threw him but you missed the tough. Also note that you do not have to roll damage, damage ranks just set the difficulty your opponent has to beat on a toughness save. Your thrown thug only gets a 12 and is thusly out. Also note, social skills take a standard action (intimidation and deception may be attempted as a move action at a -5 circumstance penalty), and given it would've taken a move to get close to the thug to grab him this time I can't accept your taunt.

Dice & Street Crooks
    • Dice - Dice gets a nat 20 on an athletics check to improve his ground speed by 1 rank for the round! He goes behind the tarp beyond what you guys could perceive after making it to the other side of the lot.
    • Criminals - The dying criminal continues to just barely hold on to life with a 15 on his fort save.
    • Thugs - Thug that Quiver Queen is engaged with rolls a 15 to miss with his gun. Thug misses Marvelous with his gun at a laughable 4!
    • Toughs - Tries to aid a goon in hitting Hood but he only gets a 4 and thus doesn't help. Aids a goon to attack Vapor, and he gets a 22 to give the Goon a +5 bonus to hit! Shoots at Quiver Queen and misses laughably with a 9.
    • Goons - One goon accurate attacks Quiver Queen at 19, narrowly missing. Another goon misses Marvelous with his gun at 10. Goon gets a 21 to smash Vapor's arm! Vapor must make a DC20 toughness save! The last goon moves to attack The Hood... but he probably would've missed even if the tough's aid check had helped... he only got a 8 on his attack check.

Spoiler: Status Round 1
    Show
    You guys' Status
    • Vapor - Normal (Pending DC20 toughness save) - HP: 1
    • The Hood - Normal - HP: 1

Dice & Street Crooks
    • Dice - Normal (out of sight)
    • Thugs - 2/4
    • Toughs - 3/4
    • Goons - 4/4

Other
    • Other Figure - Normal

All Players may now act! Vapor and Marvelous are still within the surprise round and the targets vulnerable to them have been highlighted above.
    Last edited by Nintendogeek01; 2016-08-14 at 02:23 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163

Zombie

The Telepath flinched with every shot that shrieked around her cover.

Somehow the thought of being shot at hadn’t actually registered when she had been planning her first foray. When the thought of guns had crossed her mind, she’d decided that she probably wouldn’t have been able to shoot anybody, so she’d dismissed them as an option.

Aim across the sights. Keep both eyes open. Breathe slowly. Squeeze don’t yank....

Don’t get shot.

The second shot rang out of her pistol, aimed at another of the criminals shooting at them. Apparently her qualms about shooting people were easy enough to set aside when those people were shooting at her and her fr... companions.

'Dice just ran for it. He ducked behind the tarp in the back there.' Her telepathic voice was steadier. Repeating the mantra of firing a gun had at least partially calmed her down, even if every time a bullet came close, her voice rose an octave at least.
    'Mister Wheezy is trying to warn the rest of the idiots that something’s up with the tires...'

Warn them... she mused for a moment before settling on a course of action.

‘Going to try and freak them out. Ignore it.’ Marvelous informed the rest of the group before releasing more of the restrictions she had layered over her telepathy. She started indiscriminately broadcasting to everybody within the construction yard.

'Dice ran..'

‘He’s leaving you to die..’

‘They’re betraying you..’

‘You’re alone’

‘BEHIND YOU!’

Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to shoot one of the criminals shooting at us. (1d20+2)[9]

Don’t know if this is needed or would work; but using a Deception or Persuasion (both are +11) as a move action (for a -5) to try and get the mooks to cut and run, turn on Dice or just plainly do something stupid.
    (1d20+6)[18] (don’t think attractive will help, but if it does: add a +2)

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

14. - Top - End - #164

Alyssa's swing connected well and the guy dropped, apparently unconscious. Might not stay that way for long. She recognised the need for them to continue hitting hard and fast before the situation got completely beyond their ability to control it. 'Keep them off balance if you can. There's enough of them to get in each other's way if we play it right.'

With the hectic melee, several gunshots caused Alyssa to jerk despite herself. Unfortunately, the movement opened her up to an attack from a burly goon. Going with the blow, she managed to blunt the majority of it, saving herself from most of the injury - she'd likely feel it a bit tomorrow, though. Sloppy, she groused at herself. Ghosting her arm, she solidified her leg and, as she rolled with the attack, swung out in an attempt to knock down her attacker.

Catching the tail end of someone's gasp, Alyssa frowned and cast a quick glance at the vehicles. What about the tires?

Show
    Trip attack (no penalty with Improved Trip): (1d20+3)[15]
    If successful, trip opposed check - Vapor's Athletics vs opponent's Acrobatics (as per Improved Trip): (1d20+5)[23]

15. - Top - End - #165

RedSorcererGirl

Hmm? I didn't hear anything? What's this about tires? Distracted and astonished by her ineffective arrow and the hard-headed thug, Quiver Queen didn't notice the ailing criminal's warning or the goons aiming at her until it was very nearly too late, feeling the bullet a hairsbreadth from her skull, tugging at the fabric of her cowl as it zipped by.

She sucked in a breath of alarm and made a noise that would probably have been several very creative swear words had she been more coherent. This... is not OK.

Scanning the yard with a practiced eye, Kate's mouth split into an evil grin as Marvelous made her broadcast of terror.

Oh, yes yes yes! I can do more than keep them off balance. Set them up, I'll knock them down!

Quiver Queen grabbed a great fistful of arrows from her back and actually stood up, ignoring the potential danger.

"I tried to be nice. I warned you. Now you miserable little pawns are going to learn what happens when you fight the Queen."

A flurry of arrows zips madly into the night, Kate sighting down her targets and firing as fast as she can draw the string taut, one after another, a pointy present for every thug she can see. "Ahahahaha!"

Show
    *Checks sheet* Oh yeah, I gave Kate Takedown 2. Using Bodkin Point Arrow. I'm unsure on how many of the thugs she can see, so ignore as many of the rolls as necessary.

All-Out Attack(s) (+5/-5).

(1d20+14)[25]
    (1d20+14)[26]
    (1d20+14)[30]
    (1d20+14)[22]
    (1d20+14)[17]
    (1d20+14)[26]
    (1d20+14)[28]
    (1d20+14)[33]
    (1d20+14)[16]

DC 22 Toughness checks for everyone who gets hit.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Jeez, what'd your mama feed you?

He quickly dances away from the big man's blow, palming the canister of pepper spray and running up on the human who, despite being smaller, still had a gun, and was thus the more dangerous enemy. He swings a telegraphed uppercut, coming up short on the punch to blast him point-blank in the face.

Show
    Close Attack with Pepper Spray:

(1d20+8)[10]

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Vapor only
    Show
    As the only one on ground level close enough to the vehicles to tell, you see a number of metal studs, much like those of tacks or small spikes, are sticking out of some of the vehicle's tires. At least least one tire on one of the trucks has been slashed open by something. These vehicles would be haphazard to drive at best with this kind of damage.

Spoiler: Hood Only
    Show
    That hateful red that's been saturating your vision is beginning to fade, it's still there but color is starting to normalize once again.

"Whoa! Umph!" The huge guy that attacked Vapor suddenly finds himself on the ground while a gunshot from Marvelous goes wide and only hits the dirt.

So instead, Marvelous tries to frighten and demoralize the group with her powers, "Gah!" A number of the crooks visibly jump from Marvelous' mental shouting, "Wait did Dice actually bail!?"

"Where'd he go? AUGH!"

"Dwah...!"

"Argh...!"

"Aaahh...!"

"Son of bitch!"

"Ahahahaha!" Quiver Queen punctuates her arrows with maniacal laughter befitting a super-villainess, or ex in her case... right?

Eventually there's only five crooks left, six if you count the guy still coughing and managing to stay on his hands and knees, barely hanging in there. Unfortunately, four of the five standing ones were all easily the largest and toughest guys of the bunch.

"This bitch is crazy!" One of them, clearly rattled by the mental shouting and Quiver Queen's display, fires a shot at Quiver Queen that manages to connect! "Ha! Take it!"

"I got this one!" A goon shouts while shooting at Marvelous!, managing to graze her on her arm!

"Grrr... screw Dice! And screw you!" The goon that Vapor tripped earlier stands back up and absolutely thrusts all of his weight into a heavy stomp on Vapor's solidified foot!

"Whoa..." the last tough dives away from the Hood and his pepper-spray, scrambling back to his feet as his really large friend catches up to the Hood to try, and fail, once again to punch him! "Hm? Well well... what do we have here?"

"Uh oh..." The tough heads behind the barrels and pulls out a woman from behind them, holding a camera phone and dressed in somewhat dark clothing that isn't too terribly formal but certainly not casual enough to be considered street clothes! "Hey let go!"

"Not so fast little lady! Hey smart guys!" The tough calls out to the vigilantes while holding a gun to the woman's head! "Here's how we do this! First, any of you still up in the rafters are comin' down right now! Next you're gonna stay where you are, and take the beatin' that's comin' to ya! If not then this lady gets a bullet! Got it!?"

"Your operation is over already! Just give up now before it gets worse for you!" The woman snaps back.

"Shut up!" he retorts with all the wit you'd expect of a common crook, by being loud and by shoving the gun barrel against her head!

Spoiler: Round 2
    Show
    Action Breakdowns
    You Guys
    • Marvelous - Your gunshot misses, you manage to disable three guys with your intimidate action... and one of the goons is only impaired... you know what that means?
    • Vapor - The Goon you trip-attacked got an 8 and is prone!
    • Quiver Queen - You could not get a clear shot at the tough and goon fighting Hood, but otherwise you down everyone you shoot at... except for the goons because surprise! They aren't actually minions! (mechanically speaking... if we're being quite literal yes they're totally acting like minions).
    • The Hood - Your pepper spray misses the guy.

Dice & Street Crooks
    • Dice - You don't know...
    • Dying Criminal - Dear lord this punk is holding onto life as tight as his poor fortitude score is letting him, he got a 16 this time. Still not enough to get him stable, but enough to where he still hasn't accumulated any failures.
    • Thugs - They're down.
    • Goon (Quiver Queen) - Manages to shoot Quiver Queen with a 19! Quiver Queen must make a DC18 toughness save!
    • Goon (Vapor) - Uses a move action to stand from prone. And rather angrily slams his foot down on yours! Lucky the Goon (man I should make that his name), managed to power attack you on a 17! DC20 toughness save to try and pull your foot away from getting shattered (remember, you still got def. roll, just not your armor for these limb scenarios).
    • Goon (Marvelous) - Narrowly manages to hit you with a 15, make a DC16 toughness save!
    • Goon (Hood) - And finally the dice turn against the goons! This Goon misses The Hood with a 9
    • Toughs - The last one gets behind the barrels and grabs the woman who was hiding there hostage! He's also doing his damnedest to use her as cover from your attacks (-5 penalty!). Worse yet if you miss within said -5 penalty you'll hit the woman instead!

Other
    • Woman - Yup... we just went there.

Spoiler: Status Round 2
    Show
    You guys' Status
    • Marvelous - Normal (Pending DC16 toughness save) - HP: 1
    • Quiver Queen - Normal (Pending DC18 toughness save) - HP: 0

Marvelous and Quiver Queen, don't forget the acrobatics checks to stay on the slippery beams after getting hit! DC12 will keep you up there no problem, DC7 will keep you up there but at the cost of being vulnerable while up there. If you fail either one you will fall for a second DC17 toughness save, and are prone; if you fall but are trained in acrobatics you may make an acrobatics check to reduce the damage (every multiple of five reduces damage -1, and if you reduce the fall to 0 damage you'll tumble back to your feet safely as a free action)

Dice & Street Crooks
    • Thugs - 0/4
    • Toughs - 1/4
    • Goon (Quiver Queen) - Impaired
    • Goon (Vapor) - Normal
    • Goon (Marvelous) - Normal
    • Goon (Hood) - Normal

Other
    • Woman - Normal... for now... mua ha ha ha ha...!

Yeesh, the dice were just LOVING the goons this round. And now they have a hostage too! Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by Nintendogeek01; 2016-08-16 at 02:26 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

RedSorcererGirl

Quiver Queen
    HP: 0
    Cond: Vulnerable, -1 toughness

Kate hissed and grabbed at her side as the bullet made contact. It hadn't pierced anything vital, thanks to her costume, but the bruise would be spectacular. She managed not to go pitching off the beam, but her flailing footwork left her an easy mark.

Quiver Queen's mouth curled into a snarl as the goon shouted out his orders and pressed the gun to the mystery woman's temple. From her clothes and camera phone, Kate figured this was their journalist, but there would be time for proper introductions later.

I've got an idea. Be ready.

Pulling an arrow taut as if ready to keep resisting, Kate sighed theatrically and let it fire off seemingly randomly into the darkness. "Yeah, all right. We'll cooperate." The cunning smile on her face sure didn't look like the expression of someone giving up, though.

Off the column, off the column, car, car, and right back through the trigger guard...

Show
    Oops, that posted early. Lemme fill in the blanks.

Rolled toughness and Acrobatics elsewhere.

Using Homing Arrow to try to disarm the goon with the hostage with a surprise Ricochet. If it counts as a surprise attack is up to the boss, but either way it's resisted by ST.

Visualization of what the arrow is doing.

Last edited by Red_Jenny; 2016-08-16 at 05:34 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"What're you smilin' for?" The tough asks just before Quiver Queen releases her shot.

With a distinctive 'pwink'-ing sound preceding each ricochet, the arrow bounces around the lot, the big goons even stopping a moment to turn their heads perfectly in sync to follow the trail of the arrow until it hits the gun in the crook's hand!

"Ow!" he shouts as the gun falls from his hand and hits the dirt!

Spoiler: Round 3 (Part way)
    Show
    I don't always do this, but sometimes an action seems enough of a game-changer that I feel I ought to post to update early, but don't worry, no one's turn has been skipped.

Action Breakdowns
    You Guys
    • Quiver Queen - Your shot hits, and the tough only got an 8 to resist your disarm action! He is now thoroughly disarmed! For pulling the hostage out of immediate lethal danger, Quiver Queen gets 1 hero point!
    • Marvelous - I'm still waiting to see how gracefully, or not, she falls from her beam.
    • Vapor - Oh and here's hoping your foot doesn't get broken.
    • The Hood - As for you... actually you're all good.

Dice & Street Crooks
    • Dice - Well I've rolled one a lot lately... oh you mean the person. He's still out of sight.
    • Dying Criminal - I'll roll for him next crook's round... but yeah no he's still sitting there.
    • Goon (Quiver Queen) - One thing's for sure...
    • Goon (Vapor) - They were feeling pretty smug...
    • Goon (Marvelous) - Then Quiver Queen pulled her shot...
    • Goon (Hood) - And now they are all...
    • Toughs - Thoroughly baffled.

Other
    • Woman - Though she is still being held.

Spoiler: Status Round 3 (Part way)
    Show
    You guys' Status
    • Marvelous - Normal (Pending DC16 toughness save) - HP: 1
    • Quiver Queen - 1 bruise, vulnerable - HP: 1

Dice & Street Crooks
    • Thugs - 0/4
    • Toughs - 1/4
    • Goon (Quiver Queen) - Impaired
    • Goon (Vapor) - Normal
    • Goon (Marvelous) - Normal
    • Goon (Hood) - Normal

Other
    • Woman - Normal... for now... mua ha ha ha ha...!

Okay you guys may resume your turn
    Last edited by Nintendogeek01; 2016-08-16 at 06:20 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Well that turned around rather quickly.

Now that the deep, penetrating anger wasn't bouncing all over the place, Cyrus started to miss it. Not that he was particularly hungry- it had only been a few hours, really- but the aroma that had been wafting about the place left him feeling hollow in its absence.

And there these two guys were, their confusion and fear calling to him...

He feels his predatory instincts taking over and, with a final burst of logical thought, aims himself at the guy with the gun, because getting shot while feeding would be more devastating-to himself or to others, he isnt sure- than getting punched.

He pounces. He grabs.

He manages to hold himself back from feeding. He was even self-aware enough to note that while he often considered stories about vampire lineage a myth or tall tale, he did have a tendency to go for the neck when he fed.

He then remembers that there's another guy poised to attack him. He should probably discourage that. He flares his aura to the often-played tune of "fear me mortal."

I wouldn't get any closer to me if I were you. You’re not gonna like what happens to him.

Show
    Intimidation Roll to Startle. (1d20+16)[36]
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2016-08-16 at 07:38 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171

Zombie

Alana momentarily felt like a cartoon character who had walked off a ledge when her feet no longer connected to anything solid. The Marvellous Wile E Coyote.

The thug’s bullet had clipped her right arm, where her armour had done its job and spread the kinetic energy from a very small area to a vastly larger one. This had the fortunate effect of preventing the tiny projectile from blowing through her arm, but the unfortunate effect of being hit by the metaphorical equivalent of a battering ram. Some latent reflexes to spin with a blow learned in the occasional self defence class combined with the battering ram and sent her spinning off the beam.

Arms flailing, Marvellous dropped like a stone, a squeak of both pain and shock escaped her before she hit the ground. She actually bounced once, with the accompanying cry of pain, before she settled in a crumpled heap.

She had fallen badly, wrenching her left arm and somehow jamming her own elbow into her sternum. With the unexpected pain and fall, it took her a moment to reorient herself to what was happening. The hostage taker’s threat kept her from getting to her feet again, better to leave them wondering if the shot and fall had put her out of commission, but when Quiver Queen’s arrow disarmed him, she knew she needed to act.

Marvelous took the fresh influx of pain the bullet and fall had given her, plus a couple of dozen additional instances of both emotional and physical pain from people she had mind read, then simply showed the ‘shard’ into the hostage taker’s mind.
    'Suffer the pain you and those like you have caused.' She couldn't resist uttering the venomous whisper.

Spoiler
    Show
    So this is round 1/5 to regenerate (Regeneration 2) that bruise, right?

Taking out the hostage taker with;
    AE: Mental Blast:
    Dredging up all the pain Alana, or anybody she has deeply mind read, has suffered she can project this straight into a person’s mind causing it to rip itself apart.
    Perception Ranged Damage, Alternate Resistance (Will), Subtle
    Action: Standard
    Range: Perception
    Duration: Instant
    Base rank: 5

This means there's no more telepathy!

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

22. - Top - End - #172

Despite being forewarned, Alyssa was spooked by Marvelous' broadcast. Definite adjustment required. Thankfully, it did little to prevent her leg sweep from taking down her attacker, who dropped to the ground.

Risking a glance at the vehicle tires showed her that they seemed to have been sabotaged. 'Vehicle tires out of commission. Not sure who did that...' Her confusion only served to give the burly tough guy an opportunity. Back on his feet, he slammed a foot down on her still solid leg.

Whatever happened next was lost to Alyssa as the pain hit. Unable to help it, she gave a sharp cry. Gritting her teeth, she pushed through it and had the presence of mind to ghost herself completely. Not knowing if the limb was broken, all she could think to do was drift away from her assailant, gasping.

Show
    Vapor is Staggered (Dazed + Hindered) and has -1 to Toughness rolls!
    Ouch.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

While shaking his hand from having his gun forcibly knocked out of his hand the Tough finds the Hood reaching for him! "Get the hell away from me!" He does manage to push the emotion-vampire off of him however, but as he stumbles back away from the Hood he suddenly starts clutching his head, "Auuuuuggghhh..." he then falls backwards and passes out, twitching a little bit before settling into full unconsciousness.

"Gah!" The Goon charging at the Hood backs away in surprise after, apparently, seeing that the Hood lived up to his threats. "Oh yeah? Well... well how about this!?" he pulls out his gun.

"Yikes..." the woman behind the Hood once more gets behind cover just before the goon fires his pistol in Hood's direction! Missing him fortunately.

"You're mine bitch!" One Goon is still enthusiastically shooting at Quiver Queen, this time planting a shot that could potentially hit a lung!

"Hey get back here! Turning into smoke ain't fair!" The Goon who was attacking Vapor yells as she drifts out of reach.

"Forget her man, one of them's on the ground!" The one who was shooting Marvelous shouts, running full-boar in her direction.

"Oh hell yeah! Let's get 'em!" he replies excitedly as they both run in Marvelous' direction! The first one stomps towards Marvelous, who rolls out of the way just in time to avoid a stomp that kicks up a small cloud of dirt around his foot, but unfortunately the other one is right on point by planting a boot straight into Marvelous' gut!

"Hwah... uuunnnggghhh..." the criminal who was coughing earlier is wheezing more desperately and can't even muster the strength to stay on his hands and knees anymore. His eyes can't focus and he looks ready to pass out, maybe for good if he closes his eyes.

Spoiler: Round 3
    Show
    Action Breakdowns
    You Guys
    • Quiver Queen - We covered your action already...
    • The Hood - Bad news first, the Tough rolled a 18 to escape your grip. The good news though is that the Goon is vulnerable to your next attack until the end of your next turn.
    • Marvelous - 18 seems to be the Tough's lucky number, but it's not enough to resist the mental blast and thus as a minion he goes down! You're no longer dazed but since you're on the ground (and without the prone-fighting advantage) I don't think it's really possible to "roll with an attack" so no defensive roll while you're down there.
    • Vapor - "Close your weary eyes and drift a~way... it's al~ri~ght..." (man I need to see if I still have that song).

Dice & Street Crooks
    • Dice - Somewhere there is a universe where you know exactly what he is doing. But this is not that universe.
    • Dying Criminal - He's finally losing his fight! The criminal rolled a 7, earning him two degrees of failure towards dying. His next failure WILL kill him. Dun dun dun...
    • Goon (Quiver Queen) - Going for the chest! This guy power-attack's for an unnatural 20! DC20 toughness save, acrobatics check as before.
    • Goon (Vapor >> Marvelous 2) - Not having Vapor to hit he turns his attention to the prone vigilante on the ground. Due to your prone condition he can power attack you rather easily with a 19! DC20 toughness save!
    • Goon (Marvelous 1) - Good news is that their attempted team attack didn't pay off as the other one narrowly misses you with an 11!
    • Goon (Hood) - Well vulnerable or not he's still gonna try for you. He uses his move action draw his gun, and his standard to shoot at you from where he's at (away from you). He misses on an 8 though.
    • Tough - He's probably contemplating his life choices that led him to this point... or maybe he's just unconscious.

Other
    • Woman - Now ducking out of the way!

Spoiler: Status Round 3
    Show
    You guys' Status
    • Marvelous - 1 bruise, prone (Pending DC20 toughness save) - HP: 1
    • Vapor - 1 bruise, staggered - HP: 1
    • Quiver Queen - 1 bruise, vulnerable (Pending DC20 toughness save and DC12 acrobatics to avoid being vulnerable) - HP: 1

Dice & Street Crooks
    • Criminals - 0/4 (1 is 2/3 of the way dead)
    • Thugs - 0/4
    • Toughs - 0/4
    • Goon (Quiver Queen) - Normal
    • Goon (Vapor >> Marvelous 2) - Normal
    • Goon (Marvelous 1) - Normal
    • Goon (Hood) - Vulnerable to Hood

Other
    • Woman - Normal

Whoo! Now this is a brawl! Not a super brawl but a brawl nonetheless. All players may go!
    Last edited by Nintendogeek01; 2016-08-17 at 09:06 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

RedSorcererGirl

Quiver Queen
    HP: 1
    Cond: Dazed, -2 toughness

"AH!"

The noise isn't really a scream, more a yelp, a bark, a short, sharp, feral noise of pain. She touched gingerly at the wound. This one had pierced the mesh. Not deeply, but there was blood and probably a cracked rib.

Kate's muscle memory took over, letting her skate effortlessly along the beam even as she clutched at the fresh wound. In a daze, she looked around. The fight was a mad mess now, a bunch of different brawls and shootouts. Marvelous had taken a bad fall, and looked to be getting the worst of it.

Gotta help... What did she have that could keep the goons off while not hurting her new friend? She fumbled for her quiver, eventually pulling out an arrow that had an old military surplus flash grenade in place of a head. Close enough. That'll do.

"Marvelous! Shut your eyes!"

She pulled the pin and let the arrow go with a bloom of blinding light.

Show
    Aiming for the two Goons attacking Alana. If there's a way to catch the goons without catching Marvelous in the area, y'know, definitely do that. Flash Arrow, Ranged Burst Area Affliction (Visually Impaired, Disabled, Unaware), Resisted by Dodge, DC 17, and Cumulative, if I or anyone else tag them again.

25. - Top - End - #175

Zombie

Marvelous
    Cond: 2 bruises, prone, visually impaired
    Regeneration (2): 3 rounds until next bruise is healed

The impact of the thug's boot sent Marvelous rolling away from him. Somehow she was able to leverage the roll into something resembling a smooth transition to her feet. A discerning observer would easily recognize it as a move born out of desperation and could probably guess at the complaints her muscles would voice in the morning.

Alana was just happy to be on her feet again and (momentarily) not being pummelled. She was taking a moment to formulate a plan, two against one wasn’t exactly a normal for her, when Quiver Queen yelled
    "Marvelous! Shut your eyes!"

Marvelous spun away from the thugs, bringing up her left arm to cover her eyes in reaction to Quiver Queen’s warning but her battered arm was just too slow.
    ‘Aagh!

Nanda!’
    Her eyes felt like they were on fire and like many multi-lingual people she defaulted to the first language she learned when in pain and shock. In her case; Japanese.

They were in a bad situation, she knew it. Before her warning Quiver Queen had been hit, Vapor had sounded like she had been hurt as well. They had to end this, quickly. She scrubbed her eyes to try and clear them, but all she got was a blurry image of her opponents, so she lashed out at the first one she saw with a shard of compressed pain and suffering.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lashing out at the uhh 1= right one, 2 = left one - (1d2)[1]
    Dredging up all the pain Alana, or anybody she has deeply mind read, has suffered she can project this straight into a person’s mind causing it to rip itself apart.

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

You really shoulda run, man.

Robbed of his intended meal, he runs toward his other foe and pounces.

Show
    Close Attack with Emotion Drain: (1d20+10)[11]

27. - Top - End - #177

Despite the pain, Alyssa was determined not to simply give up and flee - tempting as that might have been. Having drifted several metres, she did her best to focus on the situation.

While the others, and Quiver Queen in particular, had done an excellent job of evening the odds, things were still not looking great. The guy from whom Alyssa had fled had joined another was now after Marvelous, the Hood was contending with a goon of his own and Quiver Queen seemed to be favouring her side somewhat. Plus, Dice was nowhere to be seen. At least Julie's in the clear. She grimaced. For now.

Reaching a decision, Alyssa gritted her teeth and began drifting back towards her assailant. "Hey! We're not done!"

Show
    Still staggered, Vapor's not gonna make it very far. The shout at the end is an attempt to get the goon's attention, no social skill involved.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Huh?" The two goons beating on Marvelous turn around just in time for the flash-arrow to go off in their faces! "AUGH...!!!"

"I can't see!!! ARGH...!" Though one of them stops having that particular problem, as he soon finds himself clutching his head, running around until he runs into one of the beams holding up the structure and passes out on the ground!

"What was that!? If that was you smoke bitch I'll get to you in a minute!" The nearly blinded goon still standing shouts back at Vapor as he swings wide with his arm and still manages to hit Marvelous, probably more due to luck than anything.

"Whoa whoa whoa!" the goon that the Hood pounces after tries to back away but is too startled to move very wisely and soon enough the Hood manages to catch him and is slowly draining him of... something the goon can't really describe, "Uuuunnhhhh... wh-what did ya do ta me ya little... ungh..." he tries to ask before lethargy makes his question, and his pathetic attempt at attacking the Hood, go unfinished.

"Huh? Hey!" The goon that had been shooting at Quiver Queen goes over to the criminal who had been, until now coughing. "Hey man, c'mon you can sleep this off later right?" There's an uncomfortable beat, "Right?" still no response from him, "No... no no... you!" He points back up to the beams where the Quiver Queen had been perched, "You killed him! You actually killed him you psycho bitch!!!" He yells in a rage before firing his pistol at him, both shots zipping by Quiver Queen to bounce off of the beams!

Spoiler: Round 4
    Show
    Action Breakdowns
    You Guys
    • Quiver Queen - Goons 1 & 2 fail their dodge/dodge saves at 13/9 and 5/7 on the other, leaving both visually disabled.
    • Marvelous - First before we cover anything else, make a DC17 fortitude save to overcome the blinding effect (I know it's not listed what it's overcome by... but it doesn't make sense to overcome something that already hit you with a dodge save, and fortitude makes sense for this). And yes overcoming affliction is based on their base rank regardless of what the modified rank was when it hit you (this has pros and cons but it's the most balanced pro and con from my personal experience). Now then... your target Goon was knocked right out by your Mental blast thanks to his will result of 3.
    • The Hood - Your startling the one goon last time ended up being a good call, as you manage to hit him! He gets a 3 for disabled & exhausted... though disabled supersedes the impaired portion of exhausted. But he's still at less movement than he was earlier.
    • Vapor - You move.

Dice & Street Crooks
    • Dice - Yeah they've been rolling poorly for the goons this round. Oh and I think "Dice" DeSanto has bolted by now.
    • Dying Criminal - He rolls a 14, his final degree of failure... ever. He's dead.
    • Goon (Quiver Queen) - In a rage he tries to shoot Quiver Queen not once but twice! He misses both times on 16 and 7.
    • Goon (Marvelous 2 >> Marvelous) - Despite being close to blind he still gets a lucky attack on a 17! DC18 toughness save!
    • Goon (Marvelous 1) - He's gonna want an aspirin for that headache.
    • Goon (Hood) - Yeah he's not gonna hit you with an 11.

Other
    • Woman - Still hiding there.

Spoiler: Status Round 4
    Show
    You guys' Status
    • Marvelous - 2 bruise (Pending DC18 toughness save), vision impaired (pending DC17 fort for recovery) - HP: 1
    • Vapor - 1 bruise, staggered - HP: 1
    • Quiver Queen - 2 bruise - HP: 1

Dice & Street Crooks
    • Criminals - 0/4 (1 is dead)
    • Thugs - 0/4
    • Toughs - 0/4
    • Goon (Quiver Queen) - Fatigued
    • Goon (Marvelous) - Vision disabled
    • Goon (Marvelous 1) - Incapacitated
    • Goon (Hood) - Disabled & exhausted

Other
    • Woman - Normal

Welp... he's dead Jim. All players may go!

29. - Top - End - #179

Zombie

Marvelous
    Cond: 3 bruises
    Regeneration (2): 2 rounds until next bruise is healed

The spots were just fading from her eyes when the second wannabe hit her with a wild punch. She felt her lip split under the pressure of his filthy knuckles and her teeth clack together loudly when her head whipped to the side. Alana was starting to feel like a piñata and found out it wasn't a feeling she liked. Probably one of the reasons that she wasn't a professional boxer.

Breathing heavily, it slowly registered what the Queen's dance partner was saying. Marvelous was momentarily baffled. There was no way that this idiot thought he could be part of the Mob, carry guns, deal drugs and shoot people and be exempt from harm while doing it. Was there?

She didn't know Quiver Queen very well, but somebody who appologises for almost a minute straight after spraying some stink on somebody, might easily react badly to accidentily killing somebody. Even if it was a lowlife.

All Alana had to do was remember what the Mob had done to her parents and her and she was pissed enough to easily step over the fact that they had just killed somebody who had been part of that organisation. But the others might not be as coldhearted when it came to lowlifes, so shutting that guy up was suddenly a higher priority than taking down the one massaging her with boots and fists. She could take a few more punches, she wasn't sure the others could take the verbal pummeling.

'You can't screw over and shoot people and then call foul when you're on the receiving side.' She shouted over gunshots and anymore of his inane rantings.
    'Have a taste of what you've done to others!'

For the third time that evening she formed the shard. Again bringing pain and humiliation from the recesses of a memory that remembered everything perfectly. It was almost like experiencing it all again, even the pain that she hadn't experienced herself only mined from other people's minds. It left her panting. Raw. Angry. Well even angrier.
    'GRWAA!' Marvelous roared, used her anger and lashed out with it. Slicing into the thug's mind and unleashing wat she had brought forth.

Spoiler
    Show
    going for the thug taunting and shooting (at) QQ.

30. - Top - End - #180

RedSorcererGirl

Quiver Queen
    Cond: -2 toughness

"I... I didn't..." Quiver Queen fumbles for a moment, looking down at the goon with a look of utter distress.

She had killed before, this was not her first brush with mortality. Those had been while running from August Roman, self-defense in the strictest sense - either they died, or she did. The act still disgusted and frightened her, and it was a point of more than a little pride that in all of her villainous exploits, she had never needed to kill anyone (wanted, sure, but that was different). Now here she was, on her first proper night of being a "hero", and she'd taken a life, not out of necessity or rage or revenge, but carelessness. She'd used a weapon without considering the collateral consequences, and someone else, an utter stranger, had paid the price.

The bullets pull her out of her funk in a hurry. This guy was just as stupid and violent as the rest of them. He had no point to make. She could give this the time it deserved when others weren't in danger.

The mob numbers were dwindling, and if the pathetic whimpering coming from the Hood's corner of the battlefield were any indication, he had things in hand. There were still threats to deal with, though, like the goon threatening Vapor and attacking Marvelous. Sidestepping on the beam, Kate pulled free an absurdly fat, front-heavy arrow, little more than a canister with some fletching, and sent the thing wobbling toward the crook. It didn't need to reach its target, though, bursting open in midair and revealing a weighted net that wrapped itself around the goon. "You need to shut up."

Show
    (1d20+9)[25]

Net Arrow: Ranged Affliction 7 (Hindered and Vulnerable, Immobile and Defenseless, Resisted by Dodge)