New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] Mortal World V

Whoever it is, they don't stop walking when Senshi calls after them. They don't hurry up either, though, so he starts catching up with them.

At first, it looks like it could be Senshi's heavily armored sword spirit. But as he gets closer, it becomes apparent it can't be. It's someone with white hair, wearing a white haori similar to what Gotei Captains use, but the insignia is foreign: it's a serpent biting its own tail, with a hammer inside the circle made by the beast.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #482
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Senshi picks up speed, his feet crunching in the snow.

"Hey! Wait up! Hammer-Snake-Captain! What's going on here?! Who are you?!"

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ettin in the Playground

In response, the figure halts and turns around. He's dressed in a Shihakusho similar to Senshi, but save for the haori, the colors are inverted. Where there should be black, there is white, and where white, black. Hanging from a cold blue sash on its waist is a familiar daishõ pair. But, the figure's face is obscured with a mask, half black, half white split down the middle, not revealing even the eyes.

Senshi gets to observe this figure for a second, then a whirlwind picks up and everything fades into static, while an eerie laughter fills the air. It sounds like...

---

[Italy, Rome]

Senshi wakes up at the place where he fought a Hollow to save another spirit. It's not immediately obvious, though, because there is something on his face, obscuring his vision.

If and when Senshi picks himself up and takes it off, he'll find it to be a mask, half black, half white, with no obvious holes for eyes, mouth or nose. Somehow, his clothes have changed to a shihakusho with a red sash and a snake biting its own tail on the back of the shirt. His familiar Zanpakuto is missing too. Instead, laying next to him on the ground is a single katana with a black handle and a black, lacquered sheath.

The clouds and the sun have changed places, telling him time has passed, but by how much, is hard to say. It could be hours. Or days. Or weeks.

4. - Top - End - #484

NecromancerGuy

Senshi lies there for a minute, enjoying the sun. Eventually, he groans, slowly sits up, and takes off the mask. Senshi looks around, aghast at all the weird stuff going on around him, then shrugs.

"Must've been some party."

Senshi then finishes standing up, then starts wandering around, looking for a nearby clock tower. Rome's gotta have lots of those, right?

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

The nearest clock tower, electronic display or whatever shows a time less than Senshi remembers. So unless he spontaneously travelled back in time, he's been out and about for almost a day, at least. How long was his vacation supposed to last? Where ever his Reiphone is, it might be full of angry messages.

Oh. That brings a question to the narrator's mind. How is Senshi going to open a Senkaimon back to Soul Society, with this odd Zanpakuto?

6. - Top - End - #486

NecromancerGuy

Simple. He's going to try.

Senshi walks into an alley, someplace where nobody is going to accidentally walk into him. He then takes out the strange, black sword and stabs it into thin air, screwing up his face and trying to open a Senkaimon.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

There's this awkward feeling a person might have when, after partying hard at New Year's Eve, they return home only to find someone changed the locks and their key no longer fits.

What Senshi experiences now is similar. Despite stabbing the air numerous times, no Senkaimon opens. It's like the system doesn't recognize Senshi as being here.

What to do? Senshi could try to force a gate open, but then he'd have to outrun the Cleaner, lest he be erased from existence. Or he could try to contact other Shinigami to help him out.

8. - Top - End - #488

NecromancerGuy

Senshi pauses, weighs the options, and sighs. As fun as it might be to try and outrun the Cleaner, he's most likely going to just die horribly if he pursues that option. Finding another Shinigami, on the other hand...

Okay. No Reiphone, so no way to contact anyone. No idea who the nearest Shinigami is, and where they are. Senshi's not going to just wander around hoping to run into an ally, soooooo...

Senshi sits down, crossing his legs. He puts the mask and sword beside him, and concentrates. He reaches out with his mind, trying to locate nearby Shinigami Reiryoku. There's gotta be at least one Reaper assigned to Rome, what with its high population..
    Last edited by King539; 2017-01-03 at 08:32 PM.

9. - Top - End - #489

NecromancerGuy

There

To the southwest, a blip of Shinigami spiritual pressure. Only around unseated level, but they should be able to open a Senkaimon to get back home.

Five minutes later...

Senshi leaps down from a rooftop behind the red-haired Shinigami whom he sensed previously. The Shinigami starts, spinning around and drawing his sword.

"Gah! Who are you? Stay back, I have a sword and I know how to use it!"

Senshi puts his hands up. "Uhh... I'm Senshi Hoshigaki, 4th seat of the Combat Divi..."

Red-haired Guy interrupts. "Senshi-sama? I'm Ricky, I'm in your squad!"

Senshi is... confused. "Uh... yeah. Hi... Ricky. Yeah... umm... I know you?" He says it like a question, frantically searching through his mind for someone named Ricky. Anyway, Ricky, I need a Senkaimon opened, to get home to the Gotei. My Zanpakuto is missing, and this weird replacement sword isn't working." Senshi waves the strange black sword around.

Ricky, confused, agrees and opens a Senkaimon. Senshi steps through, Ricky looking after him curiously.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    [Tokyo, Japan]
    [Von Geister Manor - Chapel]

Spoiler: Katsuo's Mind
    Show
    Chuck stood up, finding himself back in his "normal" form, before taking stock of the situation. He blinked at the way everything looked, but accepted it as part and parcel of Katsuo's mental landscape. His own stylized form didn't really feel any different, which was probably because "something something souls".

He heard the noise of a fight off in the distance, and took off running as fast as he could. He silently morphed into his Vollstandig form, and raced even faster...
    Show
    Sprinting through the wood, Chuck sees places where the ink of the "painted world" has begin to blot, almost like a sickly rot on the wood, laying in fetid bubbling pools. Dead trees, trunks torn in half by some manner of great force...

But eventually he reaches a great crater, a wasteland in the middle of the wood. The clashing sounds of battle are strongest here... as he finds Katsuo in contest with... Katsuo. Or... perhaps, something else entirely. It looks like Katsuo, but its eyes are black, save for two neon green points. Much like a hollow's.

...Katsuo is fighting defensively against the reckless attacker, seeming to be defending a small girl, ten years old at most, who is just cowering behind a pile of rubble. At times the hollow presence attempts to pounce, but Katsuo jumps in the way. Even at cost to his own health, as he's pummeled and thrown to the ground.

It's a losing fight at this rate...

"What's your father famous for... hm... Fox shagging, maybe?" There's not a lot of humor in her voice as she continues firing darts of her own body at the gathered teens, all while keeping Katsuo focused somewhat on Naito with misdirection.

Katsuo... fights with an abandon Naito has yet to experience from the boy, swinging wildly even as his fists collide into ground, causing tremors akin to earthquakes. And there is definitely no consideration that he is swiping at his friend. It's heartrending, really...
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #491
    Orc in the Playground

"Apparently they don't cover Japanese History in Abomination School. Or is that Kindergarten? I can never tell with your mental age showing so thoroughly."

Felicia's "darts" seemingly sublimate into the air as they meet with quick-shooting gouts of fire spewed from one of his palms. Thus far, none of the darts had actually made it close enough to hit him or his companions - but then, neither was likely fully focused on their task. They could still chat, after all.

"My father was famous for two things. One was divination. He could see the future. You know that spell Toki hit you with when you decided to abduct him? I told him how that fight was gonna go.

I also frustrated your little attempt at an epidemic because I knew who you'd hit and when. Where was a little hazier, but not that tough to make out.

If this were a game of chess, I could see every move ahead of you. Unfortunately, you're not smart enough for chess. You'll have to settle for checkers."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #492
    Bugbear in the Playground

Naito is equally silent as Katsuo, rendering the fight a grim counterpart to the banter being exchanged between Shinji and Felicia. It's a good thing that Shinji is intercepting Felicia's attacks, because all of Naito's focus is just going into avoiding Katsuo's blows and keeping the enraged medium away from anyone he could hurt. The Quincy uses quick, sharp movements to keep just out of the way of Katsuo's strikes, making no effort to fight back.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Tokyo, Japan]
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Show
    Sprinting through the wood, Chuck sees places where the ink of the "painted world" has begin to blot, almost like a sickly rot on the wood, laying in fetid bubbling pools. Dead trees, trunks torn in half by some manner of great force...

But eventually he reaches a great crater, a wasteland in the middle of the wood. The clashing sounds of battle are strongest here... as he finds Katsuo in contest with... Katsuo. Or... perhaps, something else entirely. It looks like Katsuo, but its eyes are black, save for two neon green points. Much like a hollow's.

...Katsuo is fighting defensively against the reckless attacker, seeming to be defending a small girl, ten years old at most, who is just cowering behind a pile of rubble. At times the hollow presence attempts to pounce, but Katsuo jumps in the way. Even at cost to his own health, as he's pummeled and thrown to the ground.

It's a losing fight at this rate...

Chuck's face drew tight at the sight before him. He wouldn't claim to have an entirely good grasp o what everything represented, but he could figure some things out. Right now the important part is helping his friend.

Which is why he promptly conjures up Dunkelheit Blitz, sending a writhing bolt of crackly black energy directly at the back of Hollow-Katsuo.

"Hey! You! Poster boy for Radioactive Glaucoma! You want some of this?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

14. - Top - End - #494
    Orc in the Playground

"Well it's going to be really embarrassing when you lose, then." Felicia's tone is a bit contrary for the sake of being contrary. She's obviously infuriated, but she's trying to cover it up with her usual bluster. But... she's still confident in her strategy. "Your friend is cracking! Pretty soon he'll make a cute little hollow."

Almost to illustrate the point, Katsuo's hand is wreathed in green and black energy as he aims a wild blow from overhead, exploding even as it might crash into the ground. "He's getting angry, hehehe...~"

Show
    Hollow Katsuo is hit by the beam of energy as it begins to stride towards Katsuo again. It turns around with a sneering growl... then pounces.

But the problem is, he's still pouncing Katsuo, who stands in the momentary distraction. "C-Chuck..." He's tackled to the ground fairly easily, pummeled and then... tossed at Chuck like a cross between a rag doll and a boulder.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #495
    Orc in the Playground

For once since he mastered Divination, Shinji has to rely on something more than solid proof that what he's doing is right no matter the consequences.

For the first time, he realizes how much dependency that spell can cause. He can begin to understand why his father had sealed it away.

"Katsuo is tougher than this. He may crack but he won't break. Not from your cheap little manipulations, anyway. He's the one that's always been there for us, no matter what, and now we'll be the ones who are there for him.

I will admit, I don't know why you're doing this. I would like to know. But even if I could not see the future, I know you won't succeed."

Shinji's Reiatsu flares up as his eyes glow brighter. The gouts of flame give way to a cascade, and then a wall which he steadily pushes towards Felicia. It is actually easier to sustain, concentration-wise, than countering her darts one-by-one, but it also means he's burning through more energy.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Tokyo, Japan]
    "Well it's going to be really embarrassing when you lose, then." Felicia's tone is a bit contrary for the sake of being contrary. She's obviously infuriated, but she's trying to cover it up with her usual bluster. But... she's still confident in her strategy. "Your friend is cracking! Pretty soon he'll make a cute little hollow."

Almost to illustrate the point, Katsuo's hand is wreathed in green and black energy as he aims a wild blow from overhead, exploding even as it might crash into the ground. "He's getting angry, hehehe...~"

Show
    Hollow Katsuo is hit by the beam of energy as it begins to stride towards Katsuo again. It turns around with a sneering growl... then pounces.

But the problem is, he's still pouncing Katsuo, who stands in the momentary distraction. "C-Chuck..." He's tackled to the ground fairly easily, pummeled and then... tossed at Chuck like a cross between a rag doll and a boulder.
    Show
    Chuck curses to himself and prepares another bolt of energy, but then Katsuo still gets manhandled. He begins to dash toward his friend, shouting out in alarm.

"Just hang on, I'm here to help y-"

And then there's a Katsuo flying toward him. Chuck is quick enough to move himself such that he catches Katsuo without major harm, but is subsequently pushed back several dozen feet, barely staying upright and then only mostly due to his wings.

"[color=#FF8000]Ugh, okay, we've got to try and one-two overwhelm this jerk.[/color}'

17. - Top - End - #497

Naito has a brief moment of thankfulness for the fact that collateral damage is totally irrelevant before dodging completely out of the way of Katsuo's overhead strike. Naito abandons the previous strategy of minimal movement, launching away from the impact point to avoid any potential explosion of energy that might follow the impact. Despite this, Naito does still keep themself between Katsuo and Shinji, to make sure that he doesn't have to deal with anything unexpected.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Orc in the Playground

As the debris clears, Katsuo isn't there.

...because he's behind Naito, aiming a wild fury-filled punch directly at his friends' back.

"Why?" Felicia... giggles. "You really can't figure out why? You can read the future, but you really are just garbage at reading people, aren't you..."

"I'm doing this because you helped kick me out of the house I liked. Because you had the nerve to attack us. Because you made daddy angry. Because you made me angry. Because you're a cocky little fox boy who thinks he can get away with anything. It's time for the hammer to drop. It's time for you to see who you're dealing with!" Purple smoke starts billowing into the room, a virulent cloud that itches the throat and burns the eyes.

Show
    "I don't know if I c-can, just..." Katsuo snaps to attention as the girl lets out a scream, trying to crawl out of the crater as the hollow bounds toward her. Katsuo leaps without a second thought, slamming into the beast and grappling with it.

"Just go! Get out of here, get her away! Make sure she's safe..."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2017-01-12 at 10:08 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #499

Naito's eyes narrow as the dust clears, already searching for Katsuo's location as the enraged medium appears behind them. Unfortunately, Naito's awareness outspeeds their actual physical ability to move by a substantial margin.

"Oh shi-"

Unable to dodge out of the way, Naito crosses their arms in front of their chest in an attempt to block and mitigate the damage. As Katsuo's fist impacts, a steely black coating spreads out from the point of impact. Rather than breaking completely, hairline cracks follow the spread of the coating, almost as if Katsuo had punched a metal wall and not a human body. Easily hurled from their feet by the impact, Naito soars across the room and into the far wall, letting out an uncomfortable breath but not sustaining any additional damage. As Naito drops back to the ground, their arms return back to normal. Blood drips from the fissures, now long, thin, deep cuts. Naito take a long, deep breath, not under direct attack for the first time in what feels like ages. Naito glances at the purple smoke warily.

"Awesome."

Naito materializes a pair of dark goggles reminiscent of their usual sunglasses, placing the feeble defense over their eyes. Naito pops their neck, having a chance to listen to Felicia's rant. Lips pursing in irritation, Naito redirects their focus to the rest of the room, trying to find Katsuo.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Orc in the Playground

As the debris clears, Katsuo isn't there.

...because he's behind Naito, aiming a wild fury-filled punch directly at his friends' back.

"Why?" Felicia... giggles. "You really can't figure out why? You can read the future, but you really are just garbage at reading people, aren't you..."

"I'm doing this because you helped kick me out of the house I liked. Because you had the nerve to attack us. Because you made daddy angry. Because you made me angry. Because you're a cocky little fox boy who thinks he can get away with anything. It's time for the hammer to drop. It's time for you to see who you're dealing with!" Purple smoke starts billowing into the room, a virulent cloud that itches the throat and burns the eyes.

Show
    "I don't know if I c-can, just..." Katsuo snaps to attention as the girl lets out a scream, trying to crawl out of the crater as the hollow bounds toward her. Katsuo leaps without a second thought, slamming into the beast and grappling with it.

"That's what I figured. You decided to make this personal because you're a child." Shinji replies with equal doses scolding and fury. There's something wrong with him. None of those present has ever seen him this angry, this emotional. He's usually the pragmatic albeit best-case-scenario sort (as opposed to say, Naito, whom happens to be pragmatic and somewhat sacrificial).

"I can certainly respect Von Geister's power. I warned him not to mess with the leylines. I told him the people of this city were under my protection. Had your precious daddy chosen not to ignore my warnings, you might still be living at your old home.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Erscheinung Von Geister. I'm just the fox he decided to mess with. And since he apparently won't educate you himself, it's time I spanked you."

A gale blows outwards from Shinji, though it is no attempt to dissipate the smoke. It is simply the flow of his Reiatsu changing strength and form.

A giant crest forms behind the boy. Does he have more tails than before? Are his eyes blacker?

"Shungeki Shoukan: DAIDARABOCCHI!!"

An immense phantasmal fingertip shoots out from the crest like a speeding train, aimed for Felicia's main 'body'.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Shungeki Shoukan: Instant Assault Summon. Unlike normal summons, which conjure an actual creature, this just summons a part of it or partially materializes it for one attack.

If you're wondering why that's only a fingertip, Daidarabocchi is an obscure giant in Japanese myth famous for sculpting the geological features of Japan. Its footsteps left behind lakes and ponds, and in legend, it once weighed Mt. Fuji and Mt. Tsukuba to figure out which one was heavier, but accidentally broke off the tip of Mt. Tsukuba when he was done.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Show

Show
    Chuck grunted at Katsuo's word.

"You can, Katsuo. I believe in you. Don't listen to this thing, or that stupid kid outside. Listen to me. Listen to your friends. Listen to your own heart. Don't let this stupid beast take your heart from you, Katsuo."

Chuck speeds toward the child, shielding her for a moment before looking back at Katsuo and the beast from within his soul. The crackling points of light that were Chuck's eyes right now narrowed.

"Get back, child. This is not your fight, not yet."

Chuck's hand went to his side. The Dunkelklinge appeard and crackled to life. Then, with but a thought, it shifted into the Dunkelklinge, Das Schwert spaltet Böse, its terrible dark light driving back the shadows.

"KATSUO! MY FRIEND! YOU SAY YOU DO NOT KNOW IF YOU CAN WIN? I BELIEVE IN YOU, KATSUO! HERE, IN YOUR OWN HEART, YOUR STRENGTH IS WITHOUT EQUAL!"

Chuck clenched his hands around the handle of the gigantic sword, it's dark light shone terribly, shifting somehow. And then, the sword shrank. It did not lose power, but instead compressed it, going from something bigger than a grown man, to something the size of a katana, albeit styled more like a slightly thin European longsword.

"Dunkelklinge, Das Schwert spaltet Böse! Brennenden Freisetzung!"

Chuck blurred forward, striking several slashes at the beast before trying to stab it such that it might go through the beast's torso, but not hit Katsuo.

"KATSUO! IF YOU CANNOT BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, THEN BELIEVE IN ME, YOUR FRIEND AND BROTHER! BELIEVE IN ME, AND I WILL BELIEVE IN YOU! BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU! BELIEVE IN THE CHUCK THAT BELIEVES IN KATSUO!!!"

22. - Top - End - #502
    Orc in the Playground

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister Manor - Chapel)

The ceiling of the Chapel is utterly crushed by the pinky, bits and pieces of stonework raining downward, causing tremors and a cloud of rubble mixed in with the pink fog.

Naito doesn't have long to rest because a telltale series of thunder-like cracks sound out as Katsuo continues his assault, aiming a high-speed series of punches at Naito, one by one as he flashes in and out of bringer light. Unsurprisingly, it seems like he's been holding back quite a lot.

Meanwhile, the dust and smoke is hard to see through, but for a moment Shinji might think he got a direct hit... Before something - a cruelly curved, inky black claw - latches onto his collarbone, and attempts to throw him forward. Attached to the claw is... well, it's almost human. Almost. It certainly has the shapely curves and traits of a woman, but there's something unmistakably wrong about it.

Like the sickly grinning, inhuman maw in a pitch black head and glowing eyes where a normal face would be.

Show
    For a moment, the two foes struggle, and unfortunately Chuck finds very few windows to effectively stab at the Hollow version of his friend. He does manage to make a few telling blows to shift the scales more in Katsuo's favor, but Hollowtsuo is aware of the outer assault, and uses Katsuo as a shield as much as possible. They slam into each other and the ground in a wild tussle, the ground quaking, sending the girl sprawling a few times as she tries to scale the crater up into the safety of the trees. But she does manage eventually, looking back with fear and worry.

But finally, Katsuo manages to pin the hollow, arms wrapped tightly around even as it struggles above him. "...Chuck, thank you, just... finish it, please! Even if you have to hurt me. If you don't stop it, it'll hurt Naito and Shinji, and... and it won't stop! I can't d-do it, I can't finish it alone. You have to be the one. I'll be-" Some wild bucking interrupts his words, but he regains control. "I'll survive, just... please!"
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2017-01-16 at 10:22 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #503

"Oh. Good."

Naito is immediately forced onto the defensive, the earlier control of the battle completely lost as Katsuo increases in fury. After a few narrow dodges, Naito is clipped by a glancing blow deflected with both hands and sent sliding away. Breathing out, the Quincy shakes their hands to clear the steam rising after the impact.

"Fine. No time to be dramatic about this. Overriding all limiters."

Naito's Reiatsu flares, before they blur and vanish. Reappearing almost instantaneously behind Katsuo, Naito winds up to deliver a power strike, but hesitates before letting loose with it.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Orc in the Playground

*cough cough* "Really? What kind of tactical advantage do you see in giving yourself a DD cup? Morale reinforcement?"

Shinji's tails glow bright blue for a moment as they launch themselves at Felicia, aiming to stab at her or, if they're really lucky, cut off her arm. They seem to be full of purifying energy, so at the very least she could expect them to burn.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister Manor - Chapel)
    Show
    For a moment, the two foes struggle, and unfortunately Chuck finds very few windows to effectively stab at the Hollow version of his friend. He does manage to make a few telling blows to shift the scales more in Katsuo's favor, but Hollowtsuo is aware of the outer assault, and uses Katsuo as a shield as much as possible. They slam into each other and the ground in a wild tussle, the ground quaking, sending the girl sprawling a few times as she tries to scale the crater up into the safety of the trees. But she does manage eventually, looking back with fear and worry.

But finally, Katsuo manages to pin the hollow, arms wrapped tightly around even as it struggles above him. "...Chuck, thank you, just... finish it, please! Even if you have to hurt me. If you don't stop it, it'll hurt Naito and Shinji, and... and it won't stop! I can't d-do it, I can't finish it alone. You have to be the one. I'll be-" Some wild bucking interrupts his words, but he regains control. "I'll survive, just... please!"
    Show
    Chuck turns to the girl, virtual fire in his eyes.

"Run! Keep running!"

He turns back to Katsuo and the Hollow, his posture indicating how torn he is about this. But if nothing else, Chuck is the pragmatic sort.

"This will hurt."

Despite the confidence Chuck showed in Katsuo's strength and durability, he seems really sure of that. In a blur, he's right in front of both of them, and his blazing sword of power rams into the gut of Hollowtsuo, shoving it in and through the layers of armor and inhuman muscle.

And then out its back and into Katsuo, before Hollow and Fullbringer end up pinned together onto the ground by a sword of crackling, snarling light and burning power.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Orc in the Playground

That hesitation is possibly what throws Naito's assault off, the maddened, possibly hollowfying teen turns and immediately throws a cross-counter punch towards his friends' jaw.

Felicia twirls through the tails, but Shinji's effort is not without fruit as the stabs cause crackling holes in Felicia's body. She... doesn't seem terribly limited by them, however, as she dives forward and swipes madly with sharpened claws. What's more she has deceptive strength for her size. Perhaps not Katsuo's strength, but likely much more than Shinji can claim personally. "Even if you beat me, I'll be satisfied knowing you'll die to your friend or at the very least, to mom or daddy or one of the knights. You can't win!"

Show
    Thankfully for Chuck, the Hollow is not especially armored, just clothed in the same manner as Katsuo. Admittedly, with his own adamant skin, but still.

But... With one last wrenching movement, the stab goes through Hollowtsuo's chest as it lets out a pained howl... and then struggles powerfully as it exacerbates the wound by ripping out of Katsuo's grasp and aiming to crush the spear pinning it in place. Before... just fading even if it manages to snap the spear's pole, melting into shadows and leaving only Katsuo, laying there with the blade through his own chest (thankfully not his heart), bleeding and looking tired.

He fights for words before coughing out a bloody muttering. "...sorry..."

...regardless of the results of the clash between Katsuo and Naito, the boy suddenly wrenches back and lets out a hollow-like cry, thrashing at the air a bit before stumbling to the floor.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #507
    Orc in the Playground

His goal wasn't really to harm her so much as make Felicia back off a little so he could slide out from his position on the floor. Thankfully, he still has enough speed to keep up with Felicia, as the claw swipes narrowly missed nicking his skin, though they do cut cleanly through some of his robes. (Ah, the advantages of wearing baggy clothing.)

"Taking care of your father or his knights isn't our job." Shinji replies. "And we've brought someone back from the brink of the abyss before. We'll be fine."

Damn it. She HAD to have a weak spot somewhere. There's no way she could keep her conscience completely distributed through the mass - not if she wanted to maintain coherent thought. But he'd brought down the ceiling on her and it didn't even slow her down...

Right around then, the Kuzunoha heir starts feeling his own accelerated heartbeat. He was starting to get tired. Daidarabocchi was a huge move to pull off when he had leyline access, and right now he was counting only on his reserves. This was the worst battlefield possible.

For the moment, he tried to bat away Felicia's claws with his tails while his friends tried to get Katsuo back. He wasn't sure if the scream he heard right now was good news or bad.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #508

Naito desperately moves out of the way of Katsuo's haymaker, avoiding the bulk of the attack but still losing a strip of flesh along the jaw to Katsuo's knuckles. Before Naito can launch a counter attack, however, Katsuo reacts as if in pain.

Hope that's good.

Taking advantage of the distraction, Naito drives one elbow hard into Katsuo's solar plexus in order to slow him down a bit more before turning towards Shinji and Felicia.

Of course he couldn't help but show off. That cost him.

With no hesitation this time, Naito launches towards Felicia in an attempt to blindside her, aiming a knee at her "head." As they get close, she can hear the tail end of a release mantra.

"...engaged."

Just before the moment of impact, Naito's Reiatsu shifts, taking on a sickly green tint and unpleasant, toxic feel.

Spoiler
    Show

If Naito's attack connects, it's extremely painful, disregarding any kind of damage mitigation or defense in the process. Additionally, the attack hits on multiple levels; a successful hit will also lower Felicia's Reiryoku reserves by a minuscule amount.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Show
    Thankfully for Chuck, the Hollow is not especially armored, just clothed in the same manner as Katsuo. Admittedly, with his own adamant skin, but still.

But... With one last wrenching movement, the stab goes through Hollowtsuo's chest as it lets out a pained howl... and then struggles powerfully as it exacerbates the wound by ripping out of Katsuo's grasp and aiming to crush the spear pinning it in place. Before... just fading even if it manages to snap the spear's pole, melting into shadows and leaving only Katsuo, laying there with the blade through his own chest (thankfully not his heart), bleeding and looking tired.

He fights for words before coughing out a bloody muttering. "...sorry..."
    Show
    If the Sword That Cleaves Evil had still been in its large form, the handle would certainly have been damaged. Instead, the monster ripped some away from the armor on Chuck's body. He didn't even flinch.

As soon as it was gone, the weapon was simply dismissed. Instead, Chuck conjured up multiple threads of light and quickly tried to bind the wounds in Katsuo's torso together, doing what he could to stem the bleeding.

"You just got put through literally the worst day of your life, including one of your best friends stabbing you through the chest with a freaking lightsaber. Inside your soul. Mind. Something. Please don't apologize, Katsuo. You didn't cause this. The disease-loving ***** outside did. Hopefuly Shinji can burn her to ash or something. Anyway. Do we need to call, uh, whoever the girl was back here? Or do you just need a few minutes?"

30. - Top - End - #510
    Orc in the Playground

Show
    "...it only happened because I wasn't... I wasn't strong enough..." Katsuo sighs, coughing up some blood. Chuck spies the girl cautiously climbing back down before Katsuo does.

"...she's... important. I couldn't let it g-get to her." As the girl stops apprehensively nearby, Chuck gets an actual moment to observe her. She's eight or nine at most in appearance, with long black hair reminiscent of Katsuo's own. She's wearing a kimono, but it seems sort of worn down, like it's seen a lot of use. And... the hair isn't the last piece of resemblance between her and Katsuo. The face, the eyes... it's an eerie similarity he can't quite put a finger on in exactly how, but... they're certainly linked in some important way. Of course that's besides the fact that she's in his head, the environmental manifestation of his soul. She probably didn't come in with Chuck.

"...you should get back and help, they're in trouble..." He obviously isn't sure exactly how, but he has a decent sense of deduction at least.

Even the nicks on Shinji's skin burn with a painful bite, and if he had the moment for close observation, Shinji would find the rips in his clothes widening over time. Almost like something were eating it away.

...but thankfully, the assault is terminated as Naito kicks at Felicia's head. The surprise attack is apparently unexpected as it hits without issue, cutting through her head and leaving only a neck stump. But there's no time for shock as she lets out a curdling shriek... and then the body explodes.

Unfortunately, this also means parts of her volatile, viscous mass go flying everywhere. Getting caught with that would be less than ideal.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!