New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] Mortal World V

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Ikari, Kuzunoha Sanctuary

Kousaka watches the eyes staring at him for a while before smiling.

"So who's watching who now, you watch me or I watch you? You friend or foe?"
    Kousaka is a fair distance away as I recall, could he be speaking to himself? Expecting the distant entity to hear?

Well, the expectation is answered positively. A mass of tentacles erupts from the air in front of him, holding a tablet.

'I am Argos, I have watched since before man.'

'I have never seen you before, it is not for me to call you friend or foe, but for the Ghost King.'

The mass in front of Chuck is unchanged. Whatever this thing is, it must be massive.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Kousaka is a fair distance away as I recall, could he be speaking to himself? Expecting the distant entity to hear?

Well, the expectation is answered positively. A mass of tentacles erupts from the air in front of him, holding a tablet.

'I am Argos, I have watched since before man.'

'I have never seen you before, it is not for me to call you friend or foe, but for the Ghost King.'

The mass in front of Chuck is unchanged. Whatever this thing is, it must be massive.
    Kousaka nods. "I am Kousaka. I seek an individual named Tachibana Torahiko inside the Sanctuary. Have you seen him?"
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Kousaka nods. "I am Kousaka. I seek an individual named Tachibana Torahiko inside the Sanctuary. Have you seen him?"
    'I know who it is you speak of. Is he truly in the sanctuary? Should be. Would fit with what I last saw of him.'

'But the owners forbid me from entering. And it has dimensional barriers I cannot pierce. I can't go inside.'

It is just too polite for that. Also probably just fully aware that it wouldn't be able to break down any locked doors on the way down. Pacification geomancy and all.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    "...who? I don't..." Katsuo exhales sharply as it starts to set in, but Shinji feels like he was trying to say that he's not sure who that is.

"I don't... I never wanted to fight, I just wanted to protect the people I cared about, and... and I keep failing! I can't fail. No schemes. No future sight, Shinji. I have to save her. She's the only... she's the last piece of mom I have left." The pain is pretty clear to see in Katsuo's eyes and hear in his voice.
    "That's what I'm saying, here. Our priority is getting her out safe and sound and that's not going to happen if we rush in blindly.

I think I know the best way in. It's gonna take a little time, but we can get you there and out. Felicia did this to torment me through you, so it's a sure bet that the second she spots you, your aunt's safety is history. That's why I need you to use the backdoor while Chuck and I storm the gates. You got that?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

'I know who it is you speak of. Is he truly in the sanctuary? Should be. Would fit with what I last saw of him.'

'But the owners forbid me from entering. And it has dimensional barriers I cannot pierce. I can't go inside.'

It is just too polite for that. Also probably just fully aware that it wouldn't be able to break down any locked doors on the way down. Pacification geomancy and all.
    "Interesting...why are you unable to go inside specifically? Perhaps I could be of assistance?" Kousaka replies, politely as well.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

"Interesting...why are you unable to go inside specifically? Perhaps I could be of assistance?" Kousaka replies, politely as well.
    'An enchantment of pacification pervades the structure, tied to the local geomancy, and prevents the opening of portals from the outside in. If I slithered inside normally, any locked door would stop me.'

'But entering is unneeded. He whom I have a message for will come.'
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

'An enchantment of pacification pervades the structure, tied to the local geomancy, and prevents the opening of portals from the outside in. If I slithered inside normally, any locked door would stop me.'

'But entering is unneeded. He whom I have a message for will come.'
    Kousaka nods. "Would you mind delivering a message for me as well?" Kousaka takes out his mobile phone and types out an encrypted and secure email address and shows the tentacled creature.

"Kindly let Tachibana Torahiko that he just received a friend request, from a friend of course. And if you could get Torahiko to come to the door, passing this to him would be better." he smiles as he takes out a communications ofuda and holds it in his hand.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

[Kunlun mountains]

A solitary, bandaged form climbs towards the peak, where a ghostly fortress not built by human hands lies. He is, again, greeted by a black, faceless form sitting on a boulder just outside.

Good day. Where's your bike?, the black Arrancar asks.

The bandaged stranger looks up to it. "Oh, I left it in the hands of another. Really pretty hands belonging to an even prettier another, I might add!"

Uh huh, the black Arrancar utters and jumps down. So was the trip a success?

The stranger shakes his head as he catches up to it. Side by side, they walk into the fortress. "Not really. Two Espadas - the new dudes - decided this was the right time to throw their weight around. But we did get some intel out of it. So what about your guy? He call you back yet?"

The black Arrancar shakes its head, the tips of its horns scratching against a door frame as they walk into the former dining hall.

The stranger sighs. "So, I guess we're stuck on that front too?"

The black Arrancar harumphs. Stuck? Hardly. Being blocked on two fronts still leaves us dozens where we can advance. Here's what the others brought in while looking for the vampire. It beckons around the room. The tables and chairs have been moved elsewhere and replaced by arc-welding machines, workbenches, an anvil, a forge and other manufacturing equipment.

"Gee, it's almost as if you're trying to tell me something", the stranger remarks while touching each new tool briefly as he walks around the room.

Yes. You used to be a smith. Get to smithing., the Arrancar says and turns around. We have a wealth of blueprints for you to work on.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Utah]
    Uina Mountain Range

If Bai decides to stick around after Naito has fallen asleep, it isn't more than a few minutes before the youth begins tossing and turning from a series of no-doubt vivid nightmares. Despite all this, Naito doesn't wake up until the morning. Whether that's better or worse is up for debate. When Naito does wake up, it isn't sudden; they almost seem to ease out of the dreams, slowly adjusting to the reality around them. Eyes finally open, Naito looks around warily before remembering the events of the previous day. Taking a deep breath and wiping away some of the night's sweat, Naito turns to check on Aoi, placing one hand on her forehead. After a moment, Naito breaks contact and Aoi sits up. The two stare at each other awkwardly for a few seconds before Naito hops up. Condensing a pair of sunglasses and a hat out of ambient Reishi, Naito stretches.

"Ready to go?"
    "All calibrations are complete."

For the first time, Naito looks around to see if Bai is still in the area.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

[Uina Mountain Range]

Not only is Bai around, he made them breakfast!

"Good morning. I got us some freshly-squeezed OJ."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "That's what I'm saying, here. Our priority is getting her out safe and sound and that's not going to happen if we rush in blindly.

I think I know the best way in. It's gonna take a little time, but we can get you there and out. Felicia did this to torment me through you, so it's a sure bet that the second she spots you, your aunt's safety is history. That's why I need you to use the backdoor while Chuck and I storm the gates. You got that?"
    "Who is she, though? Why is she doing this? And... what about you? what if you get hurt or captured?" Katsuo's pseudo-calm is gradually unraveling, here.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2016-08-24 at 10:47 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Kousaka nods. "Would you mind delivering a message for me as well?" Kousaka takes out his mobile phone and types out an encrypted and secure email address and shows the tentacled creature.

"Kindly let Tachibana Torahiko that he just received a friend request, from a friend of course. And if you could get Torahiko to come to the door, passing this to him would be better." he smiles as he takes out a communications ofuda and holds it in his hand.
    'It is no trouble. I will pass it along.'

Argos takes the item and it vanishes into the mass of tentacles, into the void.

Argos shifts a bit in front of Chuck, and then turns its tablet to him. Also bringing out the ofuda with another tentacle, briefly revealing the immense mass of limbs stretching into the distance in the void.

'There is a man a small distance from here named Kousaka who was watching this place and then watching me. He asked me to pass a message to one Tachibana Torahiko. He's received a friend request, from a friend. And wants him to receive this, if possible.'
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #193
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Tamaki's house]

"Yes, me", Tamaki says plainly. Some other day, Robin's indignation would've been amusing. Not today. "If it eases your mind, nothing you could claim can possibly be crazier than what I've been through. Do come in." Tamaki steps aside and beckons Robin to get in.
    Robin enters and then waits for the door to be closed before continuing. "Someone at the museum told me you might know what's happening with me." She says softly then pauses for a heavy breath before continuing. "Do you believe in witches?"
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

[Tamaki's house]

Tamaki closes the door and tenses for a moment as Robin asks her question. Then he brushes past her and walks to the kitchen to make hot cocoa. It's through a doorframe to her right, so she can see and hear him all the while.

"Witch is an inexact term", Tamaki says dryly as he heats the water. "Let me save both of us some time: I know of the existence of spiritual powers. I know you have spiritual powers. Based on your nervous disposition, you've only recently realized this and all the crazy things going on have freaked you out."

"Also, normal people talk about spiritual things all the time, normal people profess belief in spiritual things all the time, and in the scope of the world, appearing on a complete stranger's doorstep to talk about spiritual things is, hilariously, normal. The only reason some outside observer would consider you crazy or suspicuous is because you look and act like you're about to commit a crime. So stop freaking out. It's making this more awkward than it has to be."

He pauses, pours the water into mugs, mixes in powder and stirs with a spoon. "Now, since you mentioned a museum, the woman you spoke to is probably Yamamoto Rin. Why'd you seek her out and what did she tell you?"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2016-08-24 at 12:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195

[Tamaki's house]

Tamaki closes the door and tenses for a moment as Robin asks her question. Then he brushes past her and walks to the kitchen to make hot cocoa. It's through a doorframe to her right, so she can see and hear him all the while.

"Witch is an inexact term", Tamaki says dryly as he heats the water. "Let me save both of us some time: I know of the existence of spiritual powers. I know you have spiritual powers. Based on your nervous disposition, you've only recently realized this and all the crazy things going on have freaked you out."

"Also, normal people talk about spiritual things all the time, normal people profess belief in spiritual things all the time, and in the scope of the world, appearing on a complete stranger's doorstep to talk about spiritual things is, hilariously, normal. The only reason some outside observer would consider you crazy or suspicuous is because you look and act like you're about to commit a crime. So stop freaking out. It's making this more awkward than it has to be."

He pauses, pours the water into mugs, mixes in powder and stirs with a spoon. "Now, since you mentioned a museum, the woman you spoke to is probably Yamamoto Rin. Why'd you seek her out and what did she tell you?"
    Robin nods as Tamaki is speaking to her. as he moves she follows him into the kitchen as he continues then replies after he's seemingly finished speaking. "I suppose you're right. It's just a bit hard to wrap my head around everything going on." she says before her eyebrows furrow while she considers his words more carefully. "What do you mean 'spiritual'?"

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

"One, of, relating to, consisting of, or having the nature of spirit; not material; supernatural. Two, of, concerned with, or affecting the soul. Three, not concerned with material or worldly things. Four, of or belonging to realm of religion", Tamaki says. "If I sound like I'm quoting a dictionary off the top of my head, that's because I am. If you don't know what words mean, were going to be here all day." He hands a mug of hot cocoa to Robin. "Now, answer my questions. Please."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Ikari, Japan]
    [Entrance, Kuzonoha Sanctuary]
    'It is no trouble. I will pass it along.'

Argos takes the item and it vanishes into the mass of tentacles, into the void.

Argos shifts a bit in front of Chuck, and then turns its tablet to him. Also bringing out the ofuda with another tentacle, briefly revealing the immense mass of limbs stretching into the distance in the void.

'There is a man a small distance from here named Kousaka who was watching this place and then watching me. He asked me to pass a message to one Tachibana Torahiko. He's received a friend request, from a friend. And wants him to receive this, if possible.'
    Chuck's face is covered by a mask and his eyes by goggles, so Argos can't really tell if he blinked or the like at that, but he definitely showed at least a touch of surprise at the seemingly random declaration. He looked at the tablet, the ofuda, and back and forth a bit. Slowly, he reaches out and takes the ofuda.

"I see."

He pointedly doesn't thank Argos; it's...probably not hard to figure out why. Chuck instead tucks the ofuda away, pulls out his phone, and fires off a text to Shinji.

Tentacle Mass Guy is trying to pass a message from a creeper on to Torahiko. And some kind of ofuda. I have ofuda with me. Going to go check on our other uninvited guest, see why he's asking after a prisoner of war. I almost guarantee not going to start a new war. :-) :-) :-)
    He tucked the phone away, and put one foot outside the threshhold of the Sanctuary.

Immediately, Argos could definitely feel the flow of Reishi in the area shift. Depending on how tuned Kousaka's senses are, he might also pick it up. Another step...

And then Chuck's standing in front of Kousaka, arms crossed, red goggle lenses glowering down.

"What business do you have with Tachibana Torahiko. And don't try to pass this off as "not your business". Especially not when you're casually using one of the servants of Von Geister as a messenger service."

He does not seem like the happiest man on Earth right now, nosiree.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

18. - Top - End - #198

[Uina Mountain Range]
    Thirty Minutes Ago

"Neat."
    "Thank you."

Naito seems to be relaxing a bit more around Bai. Aoi more trusting, having no objection to Bai whatsoever. Bai can likely feel an incredible surge of energy pulse down a nearby leyline, ripping its way to the north.

"All right, I think it's time to..."

Naito and Aoi are blissfully ignorant of the leylines, but they can definitely feel the earth heave as an ominous rumble makes its way back to the group from the same direction the leyline pulse was headed. Naito's head immediately snaps in that direction, almost moving into a fighting stance before realizing that the event is far in the distance.

"The f*** was that?"

The horizon glows.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    [Ikari, Japan]

Chuck's face is covered by a mask and his eyes by goggles, so Argos can't really tell if he blinked or the like at that, but he definitely showed at least a touch of surprise at the seemingly random declaration. He looked at the tablet, the ofuda, and back and forth a bit. Slowly, he reaches out and takes the ofuda.

"I see."

He pointedly doesn't thank Argos; it's...probably not hard to figure out why. Chuck instead tucks the ofuda away, pulls out his phone, and fires off a text to Shinji.

He tucked the phone away, and put one foot outside the threshhold of the Sanctuary.

Immediately, Argos could definitely feel the flow of Reishi in the area shift. Depending on how tuned Kousaka's senses are, he might also pick it up. Another step...

And then Chuck's standing in front of Kousaka, arms crossed, red goggle lenses glowering down.

"What business do you have with Tachibana Torahiko. And don't try to pass this off as "not your business". Especially not when you're casually using one of the servants of Von Geister as a messenger service."

He does not seem like the happiest man on Earth right now, nosiree.
    Kousaka stands casually on the branch he's perched on, sensing Chuck's movement and his ofuda in his pocket without any trouble.

"Oh it is definitely your business, since you came in response I assume you're one of the Kuzunoha's? Would you kindly pass my ofuda to Torahiko or at least give me his email address? I am here to retrieve him, since he isn't here on a voluntary basis as I recall."

Kousaka smiles, not in a threatening way, just friendly, like a pastor talking to one of his parish.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [Uina Mountain Range]
    Thirty Minutes Ago

"Neat."
    "Thank you."

Naito seems to be relaxing a bit more around Bai. Aoi more trusting, having no objection to Bai whatsoever. Bai can likely feel an incredible surge of energy pulse down a nearby leyline, ripping its way to the north.

"All right, I think it's time to..."

Naito and Aoi are blissfully ignorant of the leylines, but they can definitely feel the earth heave as an ominous rumble makes its way back to the group from the same direction the leyline pulse was headed. Naito's head immediately snaps in that direction, almost moving into a fighting stance before realizing that the event is far in the distance.

"The f*** was that?"

The horizon glows.
    "That's an excellent question, actually... Doesn't feel like a natural event, there shouldn't be any faultlines around this area.

You guys want to investigate?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201

Naito has already launched into the air in pursuit of the earthquake's origin. Aoi looks at Bai.

"Evidence indicates to the affirmative."

She materializes a group of transparent blue screens in the air around her.

"Estimated point of origin is beyond maximum scanning range. Preparing transmission."

Small cracks in space beginning opening in the air around Aoi, but after a second, they close.

"Error. Spatial interference is present to within 400 kilometers of the estimated point of origin. Spatial folding is impossible under present conditions. Non-dimensional movement is necessary."

Aoi prepares to go.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

"I admire your caution in the face of danger. Let's go."

Bai's shoes grow wings, and OFF HE GOES.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203

"One, of, relating to, consisting of, or having the nature of spirit; not material; supernatural. Two, of, concerned with, or affecting the soul. Three, not concerned with material or worldly things. Four, of or belonging to realm of religion", Tamaki says. "If I sound like I'm quoting a dictionary off the top of my head, that's because I am. If you don't know what words mean, were going to be here all day." He hands a mug of hot cocoa to Robin. "Now, answer my questions. Please."
    Robin takes the mug holding it in both hands and smirks. "Nice trick. You must be fun at parties." She takes a short drink of the cocoa and continues; "Thanks for this by the way, it reminds me of home. As to why I came calling I've been hearing rumors of people like me. Like us, apparently. People who can do the impossible and spirits running rampant. One man in particular keeps coming up. Some strange guy with bandages around his head. No one's really sure who he is or what he is but from what I've gathered he should have answers. The rumor mill led me to believe that the woman from the museum, Yamamoto Rin, knew him. She said you had met him too and thought you might be able to point me in the right direction." She drinks again and looks pensively into the warm drink in her hands. "I'm just thankful to find people who can tell me what's going on honestly."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Ikari, Japan]
    Kousaka stands casually on the branch he's perched on, sensing Chuck's movement and his ofuda in his pocket without any trouble.

"Oh it is definitely your business, since you came in response I assume you're one of the Kuzunoha's? Would you kindly pass my ofuda to Torahiko or at least give me his email address? I am here to retrieve him, since he isn't here on a voluntary basis as I recall."

Kousaka smiles, not in a threatening way, just friendly, like a pastor talking to one of his parish.
    Chuck shifts his arms to his sides, thumbs hooked in his belt. That made his vest filled with Seele Schneider and Ginto supremely obvious, as if his very Quincy-like intake of energy wasn't enough proof.

"You know what they say about assuming. I'm not a Kuzonoha. I know them, and am allied with them. I'm an Anderson."

If Kousaka has any knowledge of the worldwide Quincy situation and families, he'd know they're an entire Clan of black sheep, in that they aren't immediately genocidal against Shinigami.

"I'm curious who you are, and why you think you can just "retrieve" him. He and the others who served the genocidal, facist, jack-booted ****-nuggets who had a fetish for white and snappy clothing. You're not dressed like them."

That's probably a reference to the ZHE, albeit one that's not exactly positive.

"Like, do you know how the whole "prisoner of war" thing works?"

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[Ikari, Japan]

Chuck shifts his arms to his sides, thumbs hooked in his belt. That made his vest filled with Seele Schneider and Ginto supremely obvious, as if his very Quincy-like intake of energy wasn't enough proof.

"You know what they say about assuming. I'm not a Kuzonoha. I know them, and am allied with them. I'm an Anderson."

If Kousaka has any knowledge of the worldwide Quincy situation and families, he'd know they're an entire Clan of black sheep, in that they aren't immediately genocidal against Shinigami.

"I'm curious who you are, and why you think you can just "retrieve" him. He and the others who served the genocidal, facist, jack-booted ****-nuggets who had a fetish for white and snappy clothing. You're not dressed like them."

That's probably a reference to the ZHE, albeit one that's not exactly positive.

"Like, do you know how the whole "prisoner of war" thing works?"
    Kousaka shrugs, trying to imitate the whole thumb in belt stance but ended up revealing his LV leather belt holding up his Armani pants, but a bunch of 'paper slips' fell off and scattered around on the ground. "Oops my bad I'll clean it up later, Japan frowns upon littering."

"Look I know how this whole thing works. First an ambassador comes and diplomatically asks for the release of the prisoners, albeit with some concessions and agreements as part of the price to pay. That's usually for peacetime correct? Well, I'm thinking that the conflict is pretty much over and nobody really wants to fight or raise hell again. As you can see I didn't go all Jason Bourne on the place, so I come in peace. Oh and no I don't really like black and white, but you see I'm a pastor so...the color scheme unfortunately is unavoidable."

Kousaka tries another smile, much more diplomatic and polite.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Ikari, Japan]
    Kousaka shrugs, trying to imitate the whole thumb in belt stance but ended up revealing his LV leather belt holding up his Armani pants, but a bunch of 'paper slips' fell off and scattered around on the ground. "Oops my bad I'll clean it up later, Japan frowns upon littering."

"Look I know how this whole thing works. First an ambassador comes and diplomatically asks for the release of the prisoners, albeit with some concessions and agreements as part of the price to pay. That's usually for peacetime correct? Well, I'm thinking that the conflict is pretty much over and nobody really wants to fight or raise hell again. As you can see I didn't go all Jason Bourne on the place, so I come in peace. Oh and no I don't really like black and white, but you see I'm a pastor so...the color scheme unfortunately is unavoidable."

Kousaka tries another smile, much more diplomatic and polite.
    The paper scraps didn't get to scatter very far before they stopped, and then slowly dragged themselves together into a stack. One of Chuck's hands was out and splayed, palm toward the ground. There was a faint glimmer in the air.
    Ransotengai.

"You literally just told me you wanted me to give Torahiko an ofuda, and then you spill wads of them onto the ground? I've been staying with the Kuzonoha for months. How much of an idiot do you think I am to let you try and scatter these all about? "Not going Jason Bourne" my ***. You either give me your name and which group you're with, now, or this might get ugly. And trust me when I say I have less than zero patience for shenanigans right now."

There was a scent in the air, almost like ozone. Something about it, and the feel of the air, suggested a looming thunderstorm, despite how clear the skies were.

"And if you try setting all of these off at once as some sort of distraction, "pastor", I'll show you what an archangel really looks like. This is not the day to test me."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[Ikari, Japan]

The paper scraps didn't get to scatter very far before they stopped, and then slowly dragged themselves together into a stack. One of Chuck's hands was out and splayed, palm toward the ground. There was a faint glimmer in the air.
    Ransotengai.

"You literally just told me you wanted me to give Torahiko an ofuda, and then you spill wads of them onto the ground? I've been staying with the Kuzonoha for months. How much of an idiot do you think I am to let you try and scatter these all about? "Not going Jason Bourne" my ***. You either give me your name and which group you're with, now, or this might get ugly. And trust me when I say I have less than zero patience for shenanigans right now."

There was a scent in the air, almost like ozone. Something about it, and the feel of the air, suggested a looming thunderstorm, despite how clear the skies were.

"And if you try setting all of these off at once as some sort of distraction, "pastor", I'll show you what an archangel really looks like. This is not the day to test me."
    Kousaka sighs and shrugs. "Oh well you got me. Antonio Blandelli at your service." Kousaka replies, letting the young man figure out where the Blandelli are from instead of just submitting the information out right. After all, he did just ask for the name and not the family tree.

Then again, for a young chap, he does swear a lot. Kousaka thinks to himself.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

[Tamaki's house]
    Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Robin takes the mug holding it in both hands and smirks. "Nice trick. You must be fun at parties."
    Tamaki smiles sadly at the comment. "I don't get invited to all that many." In truth, Tamaki's eidetic memory has served to weird people out more than amuse them. If he hadn't grown to be this big and athletic, he would likely be picked on by people envious of his school success etc.

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru
    She takes a short drink of the cocoa and continues; "Thanks for this by the way, it reminds me of home. As to why I came calling I've been hearing rumors of people like me. Like us, apparently. People who can do the impossible and spirits running rampant. One man in particular keeps coming up. Some strange guy with bandages around his head. No one's really sure who he is or what he is but from what I've gathered he should have answers. The rumor mill led me to believe that the woman from the museum, Yamamoto Rin, knew him. She said you had met him too and thought you might be able to point me in the right direction." She drinks again and looks pensively into the warm drink in her hands. "I'm just thankful to find people who can tell me what's going on honestly."
    Tamaki's expression darkens considerably. "Please wait for a moment." He walks out of the kitchen and comes back a minute later with a laptop computer.

"The man you talk about was called Mikael Esaja Rautiainen. You're lucky you came to Rin-san and me, instead of others. Their views on his case are... ill informed." Tamaki uploads some press clips and videos from the net as he talks. "He came to Tokyo around five months ago, left to Mt. Fuji for a while, then came to Ikari about four and half months ago. He stayed here for three weeks, staying with my teacher, who also has spiritual powers. They... didn't get along."

"Then he, me and Rin-san left on a trip to the spirit world for three months. I'll... explain more about that later. Me and Rin-san returned to Ikari without him."

"Then... this happened."

Tamaki turns the screen towards Robin. It's a news report from the minor eruption of Mt. Fuji a week ago. "Two days ago, the long-anticipated eruption of Fujiyama finally happened", the news anchor explains. Behind her, footage of a black cloud forming above Fuji can be seen. "Experts have estimated an eruption would be 'imminent' ever since Sendai earthquake and the Tsunami following it in 2011. After a short earthquake, the volcano spewed out a huge volume of volcanic ash. However, within minutes the cloud formed into a spherical storm and collapsed into itself, vanishing in its entirety. Scientists are struggling to explain this priorly unseen phenomenom. The danger of further eruptions..."

Tamaki stops the video.

"That was us. I... I was the straw that broke the camel's back. I caused the volcano to erupt. And the only reason why we're not living out a disaster movie is because Mikael used all that power to make a new body for himself. That cloud of ash became him."

Tamaki closes the video and shows a low-quality screenshot of a low-spread local newspaper of some backwater Finnish county. A sidestory reads: "Man returns home after disappearing for four years".

"That's also Mikael. I found it last night. Notice the date. He apparently was in Finland during the eruption. Still is. If being at two places simultaneously sounds implausible to you, then you better leave now, because that's the least fantastic thing about the man."

Tamaki gives Robin a moment to absorb all this. When he continues, it's with a very somber tone and grim expression.

"No doubt this man could, by now, answer any question you might have. I do not recommend seeking him out. He is an alien. Even as a human, he was alien."

Tamaki sits down and pours his owm drink into his throat. "Fortunately, you don't have to seek him out. I can answer your questions just as well. I've been to the spirit world. I've visited grand library of Las Noches and trained with three out of six Espada. I'm well-connected to most local spiritualists as well. I don't want to brag, but I'm likely among the top 10 most powerful Fullbringers on Earth. I suspect you're a Fullbringer as well, based on the Hollow taint of your soul. Do you want to see a demonstration of what I can do? There's an empty stretch of beach we can go to."

29. - Top - End - #209

Tamaki's House

Robin is silent as Tamaki explains everything, looking into her cup again before she responds. "Sure, show me what people like us can do. You'll have to define some of those words you've said on the way though; I'm fairly certain they're not in a dictionary I can read." She smiles at the boy then continues "If this Mikael guy is so strong, why did he need you there to get a new body? That doesn't seem like something he thought up on the fly. He must have had a plan he needed someone like you for."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Ikari, Japan]
    Kousaka sighs and shrugs. "Oh well you got me. Antonio Blandelli at your service." Kousaka replies, letting the young man figure out where the Blandelli are from instead of just submitting the information out right. After all, he did just ask for the name and not the family tree.

Then again, for a young chap, he does swear a lot. Kousaka thinks to himself.
    Chuck doesn't really move.

"That's who you are. Not who you're associated with. But fine, you're playing your cards close to your chest. Two can play at that game. You get no more information from me."

The stack of ofuda begins to blacken and curl at the edges, as if sitting next to a fire.

"So here's how this works, padre. You want to see Torahiko, you hightail it for the next day or two. Then, when we're done taking care of some urgent business, you come knock on the front door, like a decent person. You talk to the proper people, go through the channels, and maybe a diplomatic solution is reached."

A spark of red light flickers along one of his bracelets, before being flicked at the ofuda stack, most likely catching them all on fire.

"You try this ******** again, or any other sort of spy wannabe ****, then you better hope I'm not the one who finds out you're doing it again. Because I guarantee if I do? You're going to regret a lot of things."

Chuck just turns and begins walking back to the entrance of the Sanctuary, as if Kousaka is now beneath his notice or concern.