New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Age of Sigmar: Points and Handbooks

Oops, yeah, I actually meant the General's Handbook. Thanks, I had considered Grots, I'd just need to find a paintscheme that fit. I'll also have to look at the grots wizards, I'd love to be able to toss a few spells around, some of them could be pretty mean if you match them with a Beastclaw.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

they already made changes to brayherd warherd and tzangors in the age of simar app. Some of the changes I like, some I don't. The changes to bloodgreed make me sad. Unmodified 6 only, and a mortal wound instead of an extra attack SEVERELY lowers the effectiveness of greataxe as well as the Ghorgon. The drummers now only give a flat +1 to charge rolls instead of the ungodly good +1 per enemy unit. Doombull's command ability only affects one unit now. All of this makes me go "boo". Doombull also lost its dual axe/axe and shield option. What do I do with my two axe doombull now?

Bestigors are WAY better now. 3 attacks on the charge and despoilers gives +1 to hit on target's model count rather than being dependant on banners. Take that Dire wolves.

Anarchy and mayhem on gors is now a +1 to attacks if I have 20 or more. Beastlord still isn't great but at least I don't have to wait until my next hero phase to use it.

On the bray shaman bestial vigor now only affects units Wholly within 12 inches with is pretty lame considering how I need to take 20+ units for gors.

I don't know about a lot of these changes. Feels like all my good units got nerfed, and the buffs to my bad units don't really feel enough to compensate. I hope my alliegence abilities are better.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Here's an article on the new battletome. I'f you're interested, I can post the other two.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RagingBluMunky View Post
    Here's an article on the new battletome. I'f you're interested, I can post the other two.
    A Beasts of Chaos army can be made up of any combination of Brayherds, Warherds, Thunderscorn and Monsters of Chaos. Each of these first three gets their own Allegiance Ability when used in the army.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

look at all those upcoming warbands...

the local grot player is so excited.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

6. - Top - End - #726
    Banned

Greetings!

We have a friend that wants to get into AoS, but is a little tight on cash, so he would like to only buy stuff thats gonna be efective in a competitive sense. Are orks or khorne chaos viable? What are 'must have' units that he can bet on for sure?

Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #727
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I'm not very competitive, so grain of salt. I don't know about Thorne, though I think they're strong. Ironjawz are strong, at least Gore-Gruntaz are. People at my store have been talking about lists running the grunta formation, cuz it gets all the first turn charges.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Both have competitive builds, but from a top end perspective are considered underdogs. The Gore Grunta list is fairly viable, though most people run it with 1-2 Mawkrushas, which can be iffy.

Khorne can run Murderhost at reasonably high tables, so lots and lots of Bloodletters.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

I've converted a Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon from the Warpflame Dragon forgeworld kit, plus a vampire from the Mortis Engine. It turned out pretty well.

I'm forcing myself not to start a new project until my Death stuff is done, which I'm aiming for mid-november with. Hopefully I can hold out until I've seen what the big christmas boxes are (and maybe how Darkoath and Orks turn out).

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    I've converted a Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon from the Warpflame Dragon forgeworld kit, plus a vampire from the Mortis Engine. It turned out pretty well.

I'm forcing myself not to start a new project until my Death stuff is done, which I'm aiming for mid-november with. Hopefully I can hold out until I've seen what the big christmas boxes are (and maybe how Darkoath and Orks turn out).
    Conversion looks fantastic!

Yeah sticking to one hobby at a time is important. That's why all my 40k is basically shelved until my Stormcast are done. Gotta kick it into gear for October's tournaments, though!

11. - Top - End - #731
    Banned

So from doing a little research, it appears model count is higher for AoS than for 40k?

Which factions can do well with a low model count?

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    So from doing a little research, it appears model count is higher for AoS than for 40k?

Which factions can do well with a low model count?
    Model counts vary much more in AoS than they do in 40k. I've seen a well played Beastclaw Raiders army place quite well with 20 models or less, and I've played Stormcast with under 30. On the flip side, Skaven can have well over 150, and things like Fyreslayers, Bonesplittaz, Free Peoples, and Daughters of Khaine can have close to 100 or even more.

As for which are best with low model count, it depends on build. You can run a very elite Ironjawz army with Gruntaz, Brutes, and Heroes. Khorne can vary, you can go horde with Bloodletters or super elite with multiple Bloodthirsters (which can be quite terrifying). So it depends heavily on what you want to do.

As for armies that are "designed" to be elite, that would mostly be Stormcast, Beastclaw, Sylvaneth (you can run heavy Battleline, but they shine with Hunters and Monster Heroes), Skaven Skryre, Beasts of Chaos focusing on Warherds/Dragon Ogors, Soulblight, Ogors, and Ironjawz. Many of those have at least one viable build.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Finally had another game in our FLGS sigmar league. It was my Stormcasts vs. sea elves.

The mission was the general's handbook one with 3 objectives on the diagonal that can only be held by wizards.

So right off the bat, I have an edge since I have two wizards (Lord Arcanum on Dracoline, and Knight Incantor) vs. his one, the big wave dude.

He sets up his whole army in a blob as close to the center as possible, while I set up a few shooting units accross from him and my Lord Arcanum and Fulminators in one corner.

He takes first turn and grabs the middle objective with his big wave dude, and shuffles around otherwise.

I dropped in the other half of my army and went to town shooting him. Primetime again did good work with dropping comets.

He did manage to assassinate my knight-incantor pretty quick with some eels, so I only had a 1-point lead each round. Unfortunately for him, 2+ rerollable fulminators with a Lord Celestant backing them up beat 3++ rr1's eels, and by the time he moved his giant turtle over to try killing my Lord Arcanum, there was nowhere good for it to land, so it had to mostly fight my Sequitors.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yaktan View Post
    Finally had another game in our FLGS sigmar league. It was my Stormcasts vs. sea elves.

The mission was the general's handbook one with 3 objectives on the diagonal that can only be held by wizards.

So right off the bat, I have an edge since I have two wizards (Lord Arcanum on Dracoline, and Knight Incantor) vs. his one, the big wave dude.

He sets up his whole army in a blob as close to the center as possible, while I set up a few shooting units accross from him and my Lord Arcanum and Fulminators in one corner.

He takes first turn and grabs the middle objective with his big wave dude, and shuffles around otherwise.

I dropped in the other half of my army and went to town shooting him. Primetime again did good work with dropping comets.

He did manage to assassinate my knight-incantor pretty quick with some eels, so I only had a 1-point lead each round. Unfortunately for him, 2+ rerollable fulminators with a Lord Celestant backing them up beat 3++ rr1's eels, and by the time he moved his giant turtle over to try killing my Lord Arcanum, there was nowhere good for it to land, so it had to mostly fight my Sequitors.
    Nice result! Positioning is key against Idoneth, maybe more than any other matchup. How did your shooting go against them? I've found that a good Deepkin player can mitigate a lot of it with their trait.

Also lol, shield Eels are terrible. If he had used the spear boys, maybe it would have been different.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Free secondary scoring for Matched Play!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-3/

Lots of tournaments were already using these sorts of things, but imo it's a good addition to the game. Not overly complex, but has enough to add tactical decision making and give some variance at top tables.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    Nice result! Positioning is key against Idoneth, maybe more than any other matchup. How did your shooting go against them? I've found that a good Deepkin player can mitigate a lot of it with their trait.

Also lol, shield Eels are terrible. If he had used the spear boys, maybe it would have been different.
    He tried to mitigate some of the damage from shooting, like by putting his shield eels in front, but with my stormcast trait I was able to flank him pretty well and blast his squishier thralls, etc. Primetime's comets also did lots of work.

He did also have spear eels, two units of 3, along with the big unit of shield eels. The spear eels managed to assasinate my knight-incantor, which kept me from just running away with points, and the other squad tried to go mano-a-mano with my fulminators, but only managed to do 3 wounds with; the fulminators were within my General's defender bubble, and dice were in my favor right then. The spear eels then evaporated between my counter-attack and such. The ones that got my Knight got punked by Primetime. It turns out that even with only 3 attacks from coming in turn 1, he still deletes stuff. (and the liberators helped a little)

17. - Top - End - #737

Goblin

Deepkin are neat. I've always wondered why they didn't come out with a Start Collecting for them, but that's their call I guess.

Anybody had a chance to go against some Maggotkin lately? I'm just trying to get into the scene, and I thought they looked like a pretty cool chaos army.

Sent from my phone, so apologies for any typos.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

They tend to hold off for a bit on Start Collecting boxes for new armies, to persuade people to spend full whack up front when they're the cool new thing. I imagine the Start Collecting Deepkin (and Daughters of Khaine?) will be out early next year - I seem to remember them being a january thing.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Robot Goat View Post
    Deepkin are neat. I've always wondered why they didn't come out with a Start Collecting for them, but that's their call I guess.

Anybody had a chance to go against some Maggotkin lately? I'm just trying to get into the scene, and I thought they looked like a pretty cool chaos army.

Sent from my phone, so apologies for any typos.
    I play against Maggotkin pretty regularly. Personally, I see them as probably one of the top armies in the game overall, and have lots of different playstyles (basically the only thing they can't do well is shoot). Some highlights if you're considering the army:

1) You want the trees. You get one for free and can summon more. Trees make the army work, because without Run + Charge, you're way too slow, and they also give you more summoning points and locations to summon in. You likely want at least 3, though many people just have one or two official models and then kitbash more, as long as the base is exactly the same and overall dimensions are similar.

2) GUO has a lot of different options, some of which make him fighty and the others are more support heavy. Both work, but I generally find the support options (Bell for movement, Knife for casting) to be better.

3) Plaguebearers are for objective holding, Blightkings are for damage. Those are your two mainstay units. Other stuff can be useful, but the core of your army will be one or both of those choices.

4) If you're running Mortal units in any amount, you NEED a Harbinger of Decay. He gives Feel No Pain to Mortal units nearby (only Daemons get it normally), and it cranks the durability of the army up a really considerable amount.

What type of build were you thinking? Focusing on Daemons, Mortals, or Skaven? Maybe a mix? I think there's a lot of room for different builds in that book. A lot of people gravitate towards Blight Cyst or just spam Plaguebearers, but that's far from the only way to play.

20. - Top - End - #740

Goblin

I'm not sure yet. Aesthetically speaking I could run any of them, although I'm not terribly interested in the Skaven. I like both the Nurgle demon guys and the mortal chaos warrior fellas, but if it came down to it, I'd probably have to go with the demons. I think the Blightkings look like they'd be a blast to paint, and I don't really get to do that much gross organic stuff with my Space Marines over in 40k.
    I might pick up some mortals too, but they're not my main focus.

I gather I'll be a pretty slow-but-tough army, which makes sense given their whole theme, so I'll have to grab some of those trees. I guess I'm off to watch some battle reports, thanks for the advice.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

The Adventure Zone's recent dalliances with Billy The Goatman have got me idly planning out a Beasts of Chaos army, which turns out to be pretty easy given that two Start Collecting boxes make for a 1000pt army almost on the dot.

Bray-Shaman - 100
    Bray-Shaman - 100
    Bestigors x20 - 240
    Ungor Raiders x10 - 80
    Ungor Raiders x10 - 80
    Cygor - 180
    Ghorgon - 200

Probably Darkwalkers, for the ability to outflank the Ghorgon and Bestigors, plus 8+D6" move followed by charging. 980pts, though I could upgrade the Cygor to a Ghorgon, or reduce one squad of Ungor Raiders to mere Ungor and take forty points worth of endless spell. Any thoughts on this, or beastmen in general?

In addition, the Warscrolls in the Beasts Of Chaos book grant chaos keywords. Does that mean I could take Beasts Of Chaos, in those detachments, as (say) Nurgle units and then use the Nurgle allegiance abilities? I'm not sure I want to dip into Dragon Ogor or Tzaangor units either - not a fan of Dragon Ogors and I've been given to understand Tzaangors are The Worst to paint.
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2018-10-21 at 07:34 AM.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    The Adventure Zone's recent dalliances with Billy The Goatman have got me idly planning out a Beasts of Chaos army, which turns out to be pretty easy given that two Start Collecting boxes make for a 1000pt army almost on the dot.

Bray-Shaman - 100
    Bray-Shaman - 100
    Bestigors x20 - 240
    Ungor Raiders x10 - 80
    Ungor Raiders x10 - 80
    Cygor - 180
    Ghorgon - 200

Probably Darkwalkers, for the ability to outflank the Ghorgon and Bestigors, plus 8+D6" move followed by charging. 980pts, though I could upgrade the Cygor to a Ghorgon, or reduce one squad of Ungor Raiders to mere Ungor and take forty points worth of endless spell. Any thoughts on this, or beastmen in general?

In addition, the Warscrolls in the Beasts Of Chaos book grant chaos keywords. Does that mean I could take Beasts Of Chaos, in those detachments, as (say) Nurgle units and then use the Nurgle allegiance abilities? I'm not sure I want to dip into Dragon Ogor or Tzaangor units either - not a fan of Dragon Ogors and I've been given to understand Tzaangors are The Worst to paint.
    Seems like a good starter army, though you'll want to snag a Herdstone for sure and probably pick up a few extra units for summoning.

As for the book, my first look at it tells me that it's quite good but needs to be piloted well. Brayherd is mostly chaff with a few moderate units, while Warherd is where your heavy hitters lie. Thunderscorn is... eh, on paper they look good but the few times I've played against Dragon Ogors they just didn't wow me. Ok but not great damage, good movement, moderate/bad defenses. I'd skip on them unless they drop in points. I really like the types of list that clog the board in bodies and then focus on racking up summoning points, personally, but I can see all variants being good in the right hands.

And yeah, the FAQ basically granted the Chaos God Keyword to those Battalions, so if you take, say, the Brass Despoilers, they can go into a Blades of Khorne army. You can't, however, just give the Khorne keyword to a random unit.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

so I have a question, how much would people put on taking a second, not amazing battalion to condense their army to 4 drops?

Spoiler: Messing with nighthaunt
    Show

Allegiance: Nighthaunt - Mortal Realm: Shyish
    LEADERS
    Dreadblade Harrow (100)
    - General
    - Command Trait : Ruler of the Spirit Hosts
    - Artefact : Pendant of the Fell Wind
    Lord Executioner (80)
    - Artefact : Dreadbolt Ring
    Vampire Lord (140)
    - Flying Horror
    - Allies
    Vampire Lord (140)
    - Flying Horror
    - Allies
    UNITS
    3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
    3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
    3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
    10 x Hexwraiths (320)
    10 x Hexwraiths (320)
    BEHEMOTHS
    Black Coach (280)
    BATTALIONS
    Deathriders (130)
    Execution Horde (100)
    TOTAL: 1970/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 2 WOUNDS: 99
    LEADERS: 4/6 BATTLELINES: 5 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
    ARTEFACTS: 2/3 ALLIES: 280/400

Part of me says to drop a vamp for another Nighthaunt hero to use all the artifacts, but dat deathless invocation :/
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

Deathly Invocation will be running at lowered efficiency on that list because it's got fewer numbers of high-wound models (and smaller numbers of squads, which means you'll probably have to split up, and you likely won't be in range for multiple units. Targetting a Hexwraith unit you'll restore a single wound, or have a 1/3rd chance to do nothing: against Spirit Hosts, you'll restore up to two wounds or have a 2/3rds chance of doing nothing. I'm not super familiar with Nighthaunt so not sure what to suggest instead, but a big pile of chaff seems to be useful in every AOS list.

Seems like a good starter army, though you'll want to snag a Herdstone for sure and probably pick up a few extra units for summoning.
    If I were to expand this, I'd probably add enough Ungor Raiders to get up to two squads of twenty, and then keep piling on Bestigors and Bullgors.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Went 4-1 this weekend with Anvilstrike. Really pleased with the results, the list feels very strong against a large variety of opponents.

Spoiler: My List
    Show
    Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Castellant (Deathly Aura)
    Heraldor
    Azyros (Soulthief)
    Relictor (Translocation)

Libs
    Libs
    Libs

Raptors with Longstrikes x9
    Evocators x10 (Grandstaves, Speed of Lightning)
    Evocators x5 (Grandstaves, Speed of Lightning)
    Skinks
    Aetherwings

1950/2000

Spoiler: Game 1 - Nurgle
    Show
    Game 1, played against Nurgle Daemons (GUO, Festus, Spoilpox, Lord of Afflictions, 5 Blightkings, 2x30 Plaguebearers, 6 Drones) on Total Conquest. He gave me first (which was a theme for a lot of the event, given I'm 12 drops), and with that I popped Festus and then whiffed into the Lord of Afflictions. I snagged my objective and the two neutral ones with Skinks and Scions. He moved up and charged my screening Libs and the big Evo unit with powered up Drones, dropping a couple Evos and a Lib, but not nearly as much as he needed to. I put the Lord of Afflictions to half by MWs alone, while my small Evo unit fought the Blightkings to a standstill. I won the roll off, used Heroes of Another Age on the big Evo unit and the Longstrikes to drop the Lord and Spoilpox respectively, and then used the Heraldor to retreat my Evos and charge them into a Plaguebearer unit, nuking it to half with a good roll. Also I was able to drop 5 Libs onto his home Objective, stealing it from the one GUO who was holding it. At this point, I had only lost some Libs and he lost half his troops and all but one Hero, but he played for a lucky objective snag, while I focused on denying him any points. Major win.

Spoiler: Game 2 - Chaos
    Show
    Game 2, played against a mixed Chaos list on Focal Points. Lots of heroes with a few units to hold down the fort (Belakor, Valkia, Daemon Prince of Khorne, Khorne Juggerlord, Verminlord Deceiver, Wrathmongers, mix of troops). Unfortunately for him, my army is designed to snipe Heroes. He takes first, moves onto the middle objective and charges my 5 man Evo unit with Valkia. She kills one and a half, and then they smash her back because that's what Evos do. My turn, Longstrikes drop the Daemon Prince to 2 Wounds remaining in the Hero Phase, and then the Heraldor toots him to death while the Longstrikes shoot off the Juggerlord. Evos blast down some Marauders, while Skinks screen Be'lakor off of my objective. He wins priority, and jumps his Verminlord into my backfield. I stop that charge with Aetherwings. My turn, I shoot that guy to death (his -2 to be shot happens in the Shooting Phase, and Heroes of Another Age happens in the Hero Phase), and then drop Be'lakor with some Shooting and with Evo charges. He holds the objectives for a bit longer with his bodies doing retreat shenanigans, and the Wrathmongers fail to kill the Evos, but by turn 4 he's all but tabled. Major Win.

Spoiler: Game 3 - Nurgle
    Show
    Game 3, another Nurgle army, this time on Gift From The Heavens (GUO, Harbinger of Decay, Lord of Blights, Sorcerer, 2x10 Blight Kings, 2x5 Blight Kings, Blight Cyst). This is actually an army that I don't really like playing, since I can't really bop a unit of 10 Blight Kings that quickly if they have the Harbinger CA going for the 5+++. However, he gives me first turn, which was imo not the best play. I had set up my Longstrikes defensively (knowing how fast he can run + charge with the tree), but then Translocated them into range of his Harbinger and shot them with Heroes of Another Age. He dropped, and then I screened off my Longstrikes with Scions units and the small Evo block. Down his main defensive tool, he charged into my big blob of dudes in the middle of the table, killing a lot of Libs and most of the small Evo unit. He failed to get the double, which hurt, since I shot a chunk out of his Kings, and then charged and instagibbed the GUO with the big Evo unit (2 damage weapons with lots of rerolls + the MW spam is hard to live through). The meteor also dropped right behind the bulk of my force, meaning he had to go through ~12 Evos and 9 Longstrikes to get to it. After shutting down his Blight King charge with my Aetherwings and countercharging with the Evos while taking his meteor with my last Scion unit, he conceded. Major Win.

Spoiler: Game 4 - LoNagash
    Show
    Game 4 against Death (Nagash, Necromancer, Lord Executioner, 40 Skellies, 30 Grimghast Reapers, 2x10 Chainrasps, some Endless Spells) on Relocation Orb. I can't remember the other Realmscapes because they didn't matter, but this one did since it was Ulgu with the 18" range limitation, which really messed up my gameplan. He gave me first, which also was a real kick in the teeth because of the way Relocation Orb scores. Still, I managed to Translocate into range and pop his Necromancer on turn 1, shutting down a good amount of damage, while also getting a good number of models onto the Orb, including some Evos for the 20 count. I positioned my Aetherwings to stop the Reaper charge (those things are terrifying, btw), but he killed them with Spells and the Gaze of Nagash, so I ate 30 Reapers to the face. Needless to say, it did not go well. Still, he did not double me, and with my Evo counter charge I was able to take them down to 9 remaining... which when you're playing against a good Death player might as well not have been any damage at all. He regenned something like 12 of them and then scythed through (no pun intended) the rest of my army. Even though I denied him from getting it on T2, because he got 3 to my 2 and killed the lion's share of my army with Nagash unmolested, we just called it. Major Loss.

Spoiler: Game 5 - Sylvaneth
    Show
    Game 5 went against Dreadwood (Drycha, Treelord Ancient, Branchwitch, 6x Scythe Kurnoth Hunters, 4x5 Spite Revenants, 6 Morrsar Guard (allies) on Scorched Earth. He got all 3 of his Stratagems, which hurt, and I misdeployed, which also hurt. He managed to charge my 10 man Evo unit with the Hunters T1 thanks to taking first and using the 6" redeploy. I should have screened them better or at least had the Aetherwings better set up to shut down the charge, but it was my mistake and he wiped the unit to a man. He took one of my objectives for 4 total. My turn, I shot down the Hunters to about half, and dropped some Scions units to contest his objectives. I managed to outnumber on one of them, getting me 3. He got priority, and swung the Eels back to clear up his objective, but I was able to stop his second Hunter charge by tagging them with the Aetherwings, and he whiffed against them, only killing 1. He elected not to burn my Objective, knowing it would take me 2 turns to get over to it. On my turn, I cleared out the Hunters and Drycha (who had been threatening my Skink unit since early on), and hurt his Branchwychwith the Heraldor horn, using his own Woods against him. Then, as a stroke of luck, I got the double turn, allowing me to get my own objective back, finish of the Branchwych, and outnumber him on two of his objectives, burning them for 2 and 3 points. Then the game came down to some dodgy blocking of my own objectives and some lucky (or unlucky) run rolls, only letting him get one of my objectives. I eeked out the Major Win.

Really fun games, and a list that I really enjoy playing. Great event overall!

26. - Top - End - #746
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    Game 4 against Death (Nagash) Major Loss.
    What would you say is a good counter to Nagash? Would it work in low points? Right now its dominating our 1k points scene, so options to suggest to people would be apreciated.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

What would you say is a good counter to Nagash? Would it work in low points? Right now its dominating our 1k points scene, so options to suggest to people would be apreciated.
    In general, it's hard to say anything is a hard counter to him, especially Nagash + bricks of units with support heroes. What you need to be able to do to stop it is either cripple/kill Nagash in one turn (and hope you're not in a Realm where he can heal a lot), or kill a unit to ~3 remaining while they're not on multiple Gravesites, or kill the important units and stand on all Gravesites so they can't rez easily (which, if they're careful, should be impossible).

A good LoN player will place his Gravesites so it's possible to get multiple rezzes on the same unit each turn. I would have had a better game if the Grimghast unit wasn't on 3 Gravesites + Nagash + Lord Executioner + Grand Host healing, bringing them from 9 to almost full again.

Hard Alpha Shooting armies are a solid counter. For a long time, Kharadron was considered a Nagash counter, because with average rolling they could be a 1 drop, come in from the sky, and pop him to dead or as close to it as needed on T1, at which point it was just a clean up game. Dunno how much that changes with the new KO points, though. Probably a heavy shooting Stormcast list could do the same - I'd like to replay that matchup in a different realm/mission, and see if I could do better with range in tact. A maxed out Longstrike force with 12 guns and Anvils could probably drop him in a turn, or 9 + things like Ballistas/Judicators/Allies.

I don't think any melee army can fight against it effectively. There are too many bodies that you can't chew through quick enough, and Nagash is too strong himself. He needs to go up in points and/or something about the returning models needs to change. I think Legions of Nagash is the strongest book out there right now, mostly held back by the fact that no one wants to play it (either due to model count or boring playstyle).

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I need something like 70 ungors. 40 will have spears which will exist to be thrown onto the rock. 30 will have bows and be deployed behind the enemy to hit them with arrows and run away

Gotta get that max squad discount.
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2018-10-23 at 02:27 PM.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Banned

So, what kit makes a Lord Relictor? Is it exclusive to the start collecting box? cant find the model on GW's website.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So, what kit makes a Lord Relictor? Is it exclusive to the start collecting box? cant find the model on GW's website.
    It is, and it sucks. Many people just convert their own or find it separate on Bits sites.