New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Which side is Jillian REALLY on....

I tried searching the forums for this and I didn't see anything on it, so excuse me if it has been brought up before. In strip #39, at the end of an all night interrogation session, the sun comes up. And Jillian heals, which Wanda remarks on: "In some ways your wounds have healed..." After all, wounds heal at the beginning of the turn, right.

But it wasn't the beginning of Ansom's turn, it was the beginning of the Tool's turn. Yet, clearly Jillian got better, because she shakes off the effects of whatever Wanda has done to/with her.

So, what does that say about her loyalties and actual allegiance?

Discuss amongst yourselves.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Default Re: Which side is Jillian REALLY on....

The subject came up on this thread. The most straightforward explanation is that prisoners shift to their captors' schedule of healing and upkeep (because their captors are paying to feed them).
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2007-07-02 at 05:19 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Seeing as that thread's quite old, I'm going to say something here. I think

Spoiler
    Show
    she's the last of the Milquetoast, or similar. She certainly fits with the Rebellious Princess archetype. It most certainly fits with Wanda's "You're a royal!" line causing her to break down, healed or not, and also the "You never had as much choice as it seemed." line implies Jillian had some part in that downfall. Of course, the Jillian-Wanda relationship clouds any and all information we get through it. It could be due to the torture-healing-realization cycle that's been suggested.

But also note that in #30, Jillian was keen to run off with Wanda (the really easy way) before the latter even got a spell off, and Wanda could well have beaten her boopless at the suggestion she betray Stanley.
    Last edited by O'Shuva; 2007-07-02 at 06:32 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by O'Shuva View Post
    Seeing as that thread's quite old, I'm going to say something here. I think
    A week doesn't seem all that old, but either way....

Spoiler
    Show
    she's the last of the Milquetoast, or similar. She certainly fits with the Rebellious Princess archetype. It most certainly fits with Wanda's "You're a royal!" line causing her to break down, healed or not, and also the "You never had as much choice as it seemed." line implies Jillian had some part in that downfall. Of course, the Jillian-Wanda relationship clouds any and all information we get through it. It could be due to the torture-healing-realization cycle that's been suggested.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My own guess is that she's of the royal house deposed by Stanley, though the Croatans (Wanda's lost tribe) is another interesting possibility. That said, you raise a good point about the "Rebellious Princess" archetype.

I don't buy the notion Jillian's breakdown is a response to Wanda's pointing out that she's a royal -- she replies to that statement in a perfectly calm manner in 38/2, until suddenly interrupted (apparently by the dawn "reset", which is also indicated by the popping of rations between 38/2 and 38/5).
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2007-07-02 at 07:40 AM.