New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Everyone Is John (IC)

An alarm clock beeps right next to your ear. 7:30 AM. You awake wearing a shirt embroidered with the name "John". Outside, you see that you live in 5555 North Nomm avenue in a small town in Great Britain. The house is small, only 1 story and 3 rooms; a bedroom, bathroom, and TV room, which merges with a small kitchen in the corner. You seem to live alone, in a small bed.

Willpower Usage
    Napoleon Bonaparte- 2
    Jh'on- 2
    Jeanne- 0
    Jean- 0
    Jh'on wins the coin flip, so they are in control first.

Remaining Willpower
    Napoleon Bonaparte- 5 (started with 7 due to having 3 skills)
    Jh'on- 8
    Jeanne- 10
    Jean- 10

What do you do?
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-04-25 at 12:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Everyone Is John (IC)

Disciple Jh'on awakes again. The tendrils of Cthulhu shall once again spread across the world. But this time, we do it in a legal and socially moderate manner, with less human sacrifice. This garment is good, it will allow others to identify us by name. But it needs something... more. "Arise, John, and find clothes. Preferably some kind of robe. Also pants. I don't want a repeat of what happened last week."
    Last edited by lukitux; 2017-04-25 at 06:33 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

A small chest of drawers reveals a green vest and black shorts. They look very cheap.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

4. - Top - End - #4

BlueKnightGuy

This will have to do. Now John, put on the clothes, open the front door, and then leave the house. We have matters to attend to! The work of the great old ones must not wait.
    Last edited by lukitux; 2017-04-25 at 10:39 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

A few people walk down the street. A blond woman and her corgi puppy, a black-haired man with large muscles, and a gray haired old woman walking with a walker. Birds tweet from a tree above.

6. - Top - End - #6

BlueKnightGuy

Decisions, decisions, decisions... The muscle man would make a better cultist, so he is the obvious choice. However, old ladies are more susceptible to religions and the old age means less waiting until we can harvest her soul. Especially since the other man has muscles which implies a healthy lifestyle and a longer life. But these are both amateur targets. A more inexperienced cultist wouldn't have seen the dog lady as a target. But the fact that she has a dog shows that she can feel sympathy and express kindness towards other species, so she might also show compassion towards other inhuman beings. "John, walk up To the lady with the dog and repeat after me. Excuse me, may I have a moment of your time. I'm raising funds for the Save the Deep Ones Foundation. There has been a natural disaster in the city of r'lyth. There are still beings trapped there, and I am raising funds for a rescue. If you could please make a small donation to this cause, we would be very grateful. Every bit helps".

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, my God. That is SO edgy. I love reading the works of Lovecraft. Sure, I'll sponsor it. Down, Mundrow!"
    The corgi is nipping at your heels. When it hears its master order it, it stops.
    "Here's 50 pounds."

8. - Top - End - #8

BlueKnightGuy

Finally, success, and the sound of glorious lucre. Now let's see how far we can take it. Well, studies show that people are more likely to say yes to something right after they say yes to a minor thing. "You're doing well. Now just say: If you're interested, you can join. We meet on Tuesday evenings, location TBD. How does being a Cthulhian sound? We're only slightly a cult."
    Last edited by lukitux; 2017-04-25 at 01:10 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

"Nah, I'm SO not for that. I've already given you 50 quid and now you're indoctrinating me? Love, go bother someone else or I'll sic Mundrow on ya."
    The corgi pulls on its leash, biting at the air on its hind legs.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-04-25 at 01:38 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Willpower Usage
    Napoleon Bonaparte- 0
    Jeanne- 0
    Jean- 1

Remaining Willpower
    Napoleon Bonaparte- 5
    Jh'on- 8
    Jeanne- 10
    Jean- 9

Jean gains control of John's body. You see before you a woman walking her corgi. She seems very mad at you, though you couldn't guess why.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Ma'am there is no need for anger following this act, all I do is dispense purest Justice, now excuse me!
    Jean then storms back into the house in search of a weapon to bring punishment to sinners, perhaps a knife from the draws to start with.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

You find a kitchen knife. The blade is 5 inches long, with a black rubber handle. In the kitchen, you hear from the TV: "Breaking news report. Triple Shooting Murderer Jeff Hopkins strikes again. Two police officers lie dead in the supermarket donut aisle, as well as the manager. Who knows where he will kill next."
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2017-04-28 at 10:56 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Truly this most wondrous device tells me of those sinners I must punish.

Jean then googles where the murder happens and searches for her mighty steed (car or bike) to take her to her place of vengeance

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

After an hour of searching, you find out it happened in the Sainsbury's a few miles away. After you get in the 20-year-old bentley that you find in the garage, you find that you are losing control as searching for that took a while.

Another fight for control.
    Reminder Willpower
    Napoleon Bonaparte: 5
    Disciple Jh'on: 8
    Jeanne: 10

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Willpower Usage
    Napoleon Bonaparte: 0
    Disciple Jh'on: 2
    Jeanne: 0

Remaining Willpower
    Napoleon Bonaparte: 5
    Jh'on: 6
    Jean: 9
    Jeanne: 10

Jh'on awakens in a 20-year-old bentley, just about to leave the house. You have the key in hand.