New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

Len gasps when the hag lashes back at her, only to be intercepted by Harold, of all people. The hag turns and Len only manages to stop seeing red in time to keep from being drawn into the pursuit.

Remembering about Drahlo snaps in her mind like a whip; she runs over the dark stained grass to where the druid heaves painfully for air, tossing her weapon aside.

Heal (veterinary medicine? What the hell):4 ranks: (1d20+4)[15]

"Damnit, Drahlo. That's why you don't go off on your own, you--! You--! Rrg, where's the bandages? Why don't we have any first aid ****?" she rants as she works, eyes glistening*. She is not going to lose someone else.

Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't take Len for much of a cryer, but she is kind of an overprotective softie so I guess it fits the occasion. I understand that she really let it all out over Ritan so I'll just go ahead and follow precedent.
    Last edited by Ya Ta Hey!; 2008-05-02 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar0k
    Probability has betrayed me, I thought we had a thing.

President, Founder, and Chairman of the Ya-Ta-Hey! Self-Promotion Club

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Lucian

You will die now, witch!

Lucian emerges from the trees, runs across the clearing to the laughing hag. He thrusts his rapier at her heart.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[20] If Lucian can charge, please add +2 to his attack roll.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the double post!

confirmation of critical (1d20)[11]

forgot to roll damage as well (1d6)[4] x2 if critical succeeds!

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shimar

The barbarian grunts in a displeased way when he misses the hag, but tries once again, aiming to chop off her head once and for all.

Stay together! - he shouts, when the thrid hag tries to flle the scene.

Attack - (1d20+4)[16]
    Damage - (1d10+9)[13]

(Similar AoO, if the hag tries to stand up.)
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    Seeing the battle largely over, Harold moves over to Titus and tries to help the paladin up.
    "Can you ride? We need to get out of here before they come back with more numbers."
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Stupid friggin' "page cannot be displayed" crap. Deleted my whole post.

Flare gives chase to the fleeing Hag, but she proves to fleet of foot and quickly eludes him amongst the trees. He could certainly give chase to the witch, but as he moves further back into the wood, he realizes how none of the party follow.

Drahlo's condition remains poor. His wounds are deep and bleed badly - until Len arrives, that is. Quickly using what rags and torn cloth she has at her disposal, she successfully stops the bleeding. She is confident he will survive, if he receives continued treatment and some shelter from the environment.

Meanwhile, the last hag in the area begins to regain her senses - unaware of the tall brute standing ready to cleave her in half. He swings with precision and lands the head of his glaive into her side, the sound of bones crunching and flesh ripping resounding. He withdraws his weapon and swings overhead, now landing the blade into her shoulder, forcing her to a knee. Not a moment later, Lucian arrives and drives his sword through the hag's breast, and she slumps back to the ground, completely lifeless.

With some grunting, Harold manages to pull the feeble knight to his feet. His wounds are vicious and deep, and they would no doubt sap the strength of any man. How he is still conscious could be considered bewildering, to most.

A bit dazed, Titus slowly turns about, viewing his surroundings. He silently considers what their band had just encountered, obviously frustrated for having let himself be deceived. "Yes," he finally answers Harold. "Let's get moving." He slowly makes his way for his horse.

Spoiler
    Show
    No, no map for this post. ERS, if you'd like to continue the chase, I will accomodate it - but keep in mind that you're the away team, and travelling far by yourself might not result in the happiest of endings for Flare.

7. - Top - End - #1027

Drahlo stops bleeding.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah. Not much else to say while unconscious.

8. - Top - End - #1028

Shimar

The barbarian clears the remains of the hag off his glaive. He goes over to Len and Drahlo. When he sees that Drahlo's wounds are alredy treated, he turns to Len.

You allright? - he asks shortly. He's a bit bothered by the fact that he got out this fight uninjured.

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ugh, I guess. Next time, you're fighting in front." she jokes in her most cavalier voice, but wishing he hadn't reminded her of the burning pain in her midsection.

"Let's get D on a horse and blow this popsicle stand.." she continues, snaking her arms around the druid and lifting gently.

Strength check: take10 = 13

Spoiler
    Show
    Len's going to ride with Drahlo and make sure he stays in the saddle.

10. - Top - End - #1030

Shimar

The barbarian helps Len with putting Drahlo on the horse. In fact, he will try to get Drahlo out of the caring hands of Len.

A wounded woman really shouldn't be lifting orcs!

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Lucian searches the hag bodies for anything valuable and clues as to their alliegiances.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[27]

Once he has finished, he mounts his horse.

I'll carry Drahlo's pack with me. It might speed our escape.

12. - Top - End - #1032

Flare

Flare scowls at the fleeing hag and slows down. You shall be judged, he cries, and flings glowing force at it.

After that he gives up the search and returns, visibly unhappy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Missile.

Damage - (1d4+1)[2]
    Caster Level Check - (1d20+2)[21]
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

13. - Top - End - #1033

Flare

Flare scowls at the fleeing hag and slows down. You shall be judged, he cries, and flings glowing force at it.

After that he gives up the search and returns, visibly unhappy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Missile.

Damage - (1d4+1)[2]
    Caster Level Check - (1d20+2)[15]

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, I've tried to post this six times. Thankfully, after the first failed page load, I remembered to copy and paste before trying again. Losing posts is not fun.

Flare's magical attack strikes the hag true - causing her to stumble a bit - but she seems mostly unharmed as she continues running through the woods at a swift pace. In little time, she is completely gone from the sorcerer's sight.

As Flare returns, he sees Shimar and Len tending to Drahlo, and lifting him onto the back of a horse. He appears to have suffered the worst of the wounds, but Titus doesn't look to be in very good shape, either. The knight treats a wound he bears on his face - a slash from the claw of a hag - which crosses from the top of his brow, down to the upper portion of his cheek. While he appears fairly alert, he cannot open one eye as well as the other, due to the nature of the wound. Still, he manages to keep enough blood out of it, thanks to his own bandaging.

"Flare." He calls. "Mount your horse - we must get going. We cannot ride fast, for Drahlo's condition, so we must spend more time travelling if we are to get to a safe distance. I do not want to suffer meeting the likes of these creatures again anytime soon."

Spoiler
    Show
    I presume everyone wants to get moving - if you want to do more here, then we can easily continue actions via PM or the OOC. As for the IC, I think it's best we kept on truckin'.

The group continues to make its way through the forest without further incident, stopping occassionally for brief periods of time so that Titus can provide Drahlo with limited treatment. Each time, he offers a prayer to Faharam, and his hands glow with holy energy. As he places his hands over Drahlo's wounds, they close somewhat, but the druid's body still looks to be in poor shape. After a third stop, Drahlo regains consciousness, seated in a saddle he shares with Len, who stayed with him to make sure he wouldn't fall out. A horrible ache covers most of his body, but he can certainly take care of himself, at this point.

It is now dusk, and Titus suggests you stop at the roadside, and make camp. However, Harold notices, some distance away, a small log cabin, well-concealed by the woods. However, whether or not the owner would be willing to accomodate a band such as yourselves is questionable.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drahlo healed to 1hp. XP for defeating three adjusted hags: 450 each. Items found: rags, spell component pouch, a necklace of small bones, one vial of a strange green liquid.
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-05-07 at 07:08 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger

Harold frowns at the cottage, mistrustful.
    "Right. I think we'd best put as many miles behind us as we can. Our poor lyncanthrope friend here needs time to heal, but even more than that he needs for us not to be attacked again."
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

16. - Top - End - #1036

Shimar

The barnarian jumps down from his horse as soon they stop, and orders Whisper to stay at the horse for now.

He turns to Harold.

We could check them out, while the rest remains here. They are most likely outlaws or gypsies. They usually don't fancy knights and officers.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Lucian dismounts.

Perhaps I could be of some help. It seems to me we should know what we're getting into before we just go knocking on the door. I'll have a look. I'll welcome quiet company.

Lucian waits a moment and then sneaks off into the woods, circling away from the log cabin in order to approach it from the side farthest from the road.

Spoiler
    Show

spot [roll0]

listen [roll1]

hide [roll2]

move silently [roll3]

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    DeepBlue and all:

Sorry for the double post. I posted before I realized I'd signed in as another persona, gunslinger888. I copied and pasted gunslinger888's post, but neglected to keep the syntax or the numbers. Sorry. I'll try to keep my personas straight in the future!

Here are the new rolls:

Spot (1d20+2)[12]

Listen (1d20+6)[13]

Hide (1d20+6)[21]

Move Silently (1d20+6)[21]

19. - Top - End - #1039

Still groggy and not-quite-himself, Drahlo simply glances Harold and says, "My gift is not lycanthropy..." He doesn't seem to have the energy to continue the conversation, however. "Come the dawn, I shall ask for spells to heal our wounds..."

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sh'yeah, 1200 more until level 3!

Len dismounts from behind her green patient and drops to the mossy ground with a muffled thump.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucian slinks off into the trees, approaching the cottage from another angle. As he comes closer, he sees it is an old cottage, with a splintering porch and weathered walls. It seems structurally sturdy, but it does look a bit neglected. On the side of the building is a small, fairly well-kept garden.

Lucian then notices a bit of smoke begins to rise from a tiny chimney at the top, and a hunched figure appears in the window. It doesn't seem to gaze outward, and instead just moves about slowly. It soon disappears again.

As Lucian makes his way closer, he spots, through a window, the glow of a small fire. He hears what sounds to be a kettle, followed by some rummaging, and then silence once more.

Meanwhile, Titus had not been aware of the cabin, only realizing it existed once it became discussion. He glances about to catch it in sight, and then begins silently deliberating about what they should do. He made no objections to Lucian, as he walked off. Instead, he simply turns to Harold. "We all need rest, that's certain. It may be another day before we are out of the wood - I do not think forcing ourselves onward is the wisest of decisions, but then, neither is camping in this god-forsaken place." He pauses.

"If there is someone hospitable in there, the first thing I will inquire is how they have managed to stay safe in this den of witches and ogres."

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Lucian walks up close to the cabin and ever so cautiously peeks into the room.

Spoiler
    Show

hide
    (1d20+6)[18]

move silently
    (1d20+6)[12]

23. - Top - End - #1043

Flare

Flare shakes his head at Harold. If the journey so far is any indication, then pressing on doesn't mean we'll be able to avoid trouble. Wandering around at night makes it even worse, we're finished if we run into anything else.

24. - Top - End - #1044

Shimar

Halfway to the cottage, the barbarian stops, and waits for Lucian to return. He leaves his glaive behind, not to look too threatening.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucian manages to get closer without making any noise, peeking into the window to see an old den of sorts, with very simple furnishings. There is a small rug not far from a fireplace, and an old bookcase a few feet to the side. In front of the fire sits a figure in a chair, rocking back and forth. An effeminate voice seems to hum a familiar tune to herself. She occassionally stops, sips something from a small cup, and then continues.
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-05-10 at 12:55 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Lucian

Lucian walks around to the front door and knocks three times.
    Last edited by Zed's Dead; 2008-05-09 at 04:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground

The voice of an ancient woman creaks out from within. "Come i-in!"
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-05-10 at 12:55 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Lucian

Lucian leaves his sword and bow where they are--safely in their sheaths. He pushes open the door and steps into the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    He is extremely cautious -- total defense -- AC 16 fort save +0 Reflex save +6 Will save +2

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucian slowly pushes open the door, not catching sight of the woman until he is inside. She remains in her chair rocking back and forth, facing the fireplace, which stands opposite the door. She slowly turns to look over her shoulder, and Lucian sees her face more clearly - she is a wrinkled old woman, no doubt at least eighty. Her hair is white and rather lengthy, nearly reaching the floor - mostly frazzled and looking ready to fall out. Her weary, sunken eyes squint as she gazes in Lucian's direction. "Timmy, my boy? Is that you?"

30. - Top - End - #1050

Shimar

If Shimar can hear or see that Lucian have already entered the cabin, he goes over to the building, thinking about a way of strafeing Lucian for acting alone. Otherwise, he'll stay where he is, and starts thinking about strafeing Lucian for being so slow.