New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

Though he is rapidly losing patience with words, Drahlo stays his hand to let Harold continue his inquery, though he keeps his mind on his spear as things progress.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

"If you want to ask me some questions, you knock on the damn door. You don't just..." his eyes glance over behind you. "Rock, where the hell were you??"

You turn to see a hulking beast-of-a-man with blonde hair standing about five feet from the rear of the party. He wears plain clothes, and has a dagger at his belt. "Doc, sorry - I was in my herb garden. You okay? These guys kinda left a mess upstairs..." he says with a slightly detatched tone. Shimar's dog growls at him.

He doesn't answer the man, simply turning back to Harold. "Where was I? Oh yes, you have about five seconds before I have my Guilderan-Murder-Machine here rip you guys apart. And with no legal repercussion, mind you - I'm well within my rights to kill someone invading my home."
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-08-28 at 06:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1293

Shimar

The barbarian looks at the man Whisper's growling at, but when the magistrate starts to lose control, he turns back.

Now that's more like the way I like it. - he says with a wicked grin.

Having said tat, he starts to move towards the magistrate. He does not seem hostile, and he's not charging at the man, just advances at a staedy speed.
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

((In response to Harold's Diplomacy check))

"Howabout this - you buy me another golem, and we'll talk. Otherwise, beat it."

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    Harold thinks about that.
    "An interesting possibility. I can guarantee that if the report is favorable, you will be due due recompense for the golem, but surely you concede that if it turns out that the report I have to bring back is unfavorable or -worse yet! - should we not return to give said report, then the cost of a golem becomes...insignificant in comparison to the new host of cares which will befall. Now, what say we all have a seat, and his lordship here will ask you some questions. I'll be here to ensure fair play on both sides, hm? Sound reasonable? It'll only take a few minutes."
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

The magistrate stares at Harold blankly.

"That's stupid. You're stupid. You know what? Screw this."

He aims his wand at Titus, who is already anticipating the attack. However, the knight's shield does little to protect him from the jolt of energy that sends him flying back at least ten feet, and into a nearby wall. He does not stand back up.

The magistrate then ducks to the side of the statue.

Meanwhile, the muscular man at the rear hastily makes his way to his closest target, which happens to be Drahlo. He does not draw his dagger, and instead grabs onto him with his two massive hands.

I need Initiative, and an opposed grapple check from Drahlo.

Spoiler
    Show
    If there were any suspicions: yes, you are indeed fighting Herbert West and a Luchador companion.

7. - Top - End - #1297

8. - Top - End - #1298

Shimar

Initiative - (1d20+3)[20]

In case he can act before anything else would happen to counteract his plans, Shimar goes around the statue, and tries to hit the magician from there. (N,N,NE)

Attack - (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage - (1d10+4)[6]

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

Shimar darts around the side of the statue, swinging his weapon mightily at the magistrate. He yells as the blade cuts through his robes and into his skin, although the slash is shallow and not enough to drop him.

Meanwhile, Len is quick to come to the aid of Drahlo. She thrusts her sword for the large man's body, but he moves to the side and is only glanced with the tip of the blade. He seems to be able to ignore the pain, as it does not hinder him in the slightest as he begins clobbering the orc in the face. Drahlo takes 7 damage.

The magistrate, retreating to the side, narrowly avoids a second swing of Shimar's glaive. Now with his back to the wall, he begins chanting a spell.

Initiative:

Shimar 20
    Len 18
    Rock 16
    Thaddeus 16
    Drahlo 11
    Titus 11
    Harold 4

Spoiler
    Show
    PP, Skenardo: you're up.

10. - Top - End - #1300

Drahlo growls, then shifts into wolf form. He bites at the gigantic man, even as the man (presumably?) maintains his hold.

Last edited by Proven_Paradox; 2008-09-01 at 05:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    Oh no you don't.
    Harold pulls a snatch of wool from his sleeve and speaks a few syllables, twisting it between his fingers. He flicks his fingers and it flies like a dart towards the Magistrate.
    Spoiler
    Show

Casting Daze
    Will DC 14 or be dazed.

Without much optimism, he draws his rapier and walks to face the magistrate.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

12. - Top - End - #1302

Shimar

Seeing that the magistrate retreats, Shimar follows him quickly, keep pushing on with strikes, his eyes turning almost red from the fear and hatred he feels towards magicians.

Attack of oppurtunity from last turn (guy moved outta me theatened square) or did you mean the 'second attack' from Shimar to be the AoO?
    Attack - (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage - (1d10+4)[14]

Moving SE, Attack with PA 1
    Attack - (1d20+4)[15]
    Damage - (1d10+6)[8]

AoO this turn, if the amgistrate fails to cast defensively
    Attack - (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage - (1d10+4)[12]

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

((I rolled Shimar's AoO, for easier flow of combat. It was a miss.))

Drahlo bites viciously at the bodyguard, but unfortunately he manages to hold the shape-shifting orc in a headlock, rendering the effort meaningless. Harold, noticing the magistrate casting a spell, tries to disrupt his concentration with an enchantment of his own. Unfortunately, it does not seem to affect the magistrate.

At this moment, Shimar then and swings down his glaive across the magistrate's shoulder. The man screams in pain, but remarkably manages to stay on his feet. He tumbles back as the warrior retrieves his hafted weapon to strike once more, and avoids a second strike (successfully cast defensively). He also beats away the tip of Harold's rapier with use of his wand.

Len tries to help Drahlo wrestle-off the bodyguard, but she seems unable to budge him. She continuously swings his broadsword at him in a clumsy fashion, hitting with the flat of the blade and being largely ignored.

The brute notices the magistrate's deep wounds, and he grows visibly nervous. "Doc!" he yells, shoving Drahlo aside and running for the magistrate. Neither Drahlo or Len are able to take advantage of the opening he leaves as he turns his back, although Harold is able to see him coming before he arrives beside him. However, Harold does not get any such opportunity to catch him en passant, and instead finds himself the new target of this brute's wrath. With agile footwork, the bodyguard makes his way through Harold's defenses, and thrusts a massive fist into the bard's face ((dealing 5 damage)).

The magistrate finally completes his spell, and a wave of fatigue begins to fall upon both Shimar and Harold ((Will save of 15 or fall asleep)). He then draws an exotic dagger from beneath his robes, and stands his ground, although visibly beaten and not wanting to stress himself further.

End of Round 1 / Beginning of Round 2

Shimar 20
    Len 18
    Rock 16
    Thaddeus 16

Drahlo 11
    Titus 11
    Harold 4
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-09-02 at 03:01 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1304

Shimar

The barbarian falls aslepp, hitting the ground hard. Sure he snores heavily.

15. - Top - End - #1305

Drahlo moves one square northward so that he is flanking the gigantic man with Harold (should he remain awake) and bites at him again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack rolls do not include flanking bonus.

Bite attack/damage: (1d20+7=27, 1d6+9=12) (Crit threat!)

Crit confirm/damage: (1d20+7=14, 1d6+9=12)

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

Drahlo, attacking the bodyguard from the side, catches him on the neck and bites down ferociously. While he begins to bleed, he manages to swat the druid off of him before he can cause extensive damage ((Sorry bro, you just missed that confirmation)). While Drahlo is unharmed as he is knocked away, he does have to deal with the pain of witnessing this foe act completely unhindered by the damage dealt.

Harold then lunges at the wounded magistrate, thrusting his weapon into the man's side. He yells loudly, and begins to lose his footing. He begins stumbling away clumsily, but he maintains his guard nonetheless.

Len makes a fierce vertical slash with her broadsword as she tries to put the bodyguard down, but he quickly displays his superior reflexes by stepping to the side of the blow without much effort.

The bodyguard is visibly angry at more harm coming to his ward, and completely ignores both Len and Drahlo as he takes superior positioning. He once again goes for Harold, easily defeating the bard's defenses and landing a terrible uppercut on his jaw. Thankfully, the blow had landed clumsily - had Harold met the full-force of the attack, his entire head might have been knocked off. 7 damage to Harold ((be thankful he rolled a 1 on his critical confirmation!)).

With his blood now leaving a distinctive trail on the ground, the magistrate retreats behind his hulking servant. He wipes a drop of sweat from his brow, and then unleashes a ray of dark energy from his fingertips, directed at Len. She screams as her life-forced is sapped from her, and nearly collapses under the weight of the spell. She still has some fight in her yet, but is clearly exhausted.

Proceed with End of Round 2

Shimar 20
    Len 18
    Rock 16
    Thaddeus 16

Drahlo 11
    Titus 11
    Harold 4
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-09-04 at 12:29 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1307

Seeing a clear opening to get to Shimar without provoking the gigantic gardener's wrath, Drahlo darts around the statue, returning to orc form even as he runs. He kneels beside the sleeping man and 'gently' slaps him awake.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground

Shimar immediately awakens to find the orc standing over him, urging him upward. He sees that now both Harold and Titus are unconscious, and Len doesn't look good either. A rather nervous looking Magistrate stands but only a few feet away.

Round 3 Begins

Shimar 20
    Len 18
    Rock 16
    Thaddeus 16
    Drahlo 11
    Titus 11
    Harold 4

19. - Top - End - #1309

Shimar

Waking up from that nightmare, Shimar's eyes run red with blood. He jumps to his feet, while shouting like a madman.

Holding his weapon with one hand, he jumps towards the magistrate, trying to impale the man with the spikes attached to his armor.

Raging. Big time. Attacking with armor spikes. AC 14, HP 33

Attack - (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage - (1d4+5)[7]

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground

As Shimar rises, the bodyguard manages to land a solid blow on his shoulder, dealing 5 damage. The magistrate hesitates and doesn't lunge with his dagger effectively enough to strike the barbarian. Shimar charges the magistrate, catching him in his arms and impaling him on several of the armor spikes. However, he still manages to break free, crying in pain.

Len, although severely hindered, attempts to take down the bodyguard. The swing of her sword is pitiful at best - she simply doesn't have the strength to catch her target.

"Doc! Hang on!" yells the bodyguard, as he sends another fist flying at Shimar, who manages to avoid the blow.

The magistrate, hunched over, desperately ducks out of Shimar's reach. "Nice knowing you!" he wheezes, and casts another spell. He poofs into a gaseous cloud, which slowly hovers behind the bodyguard.

Bring home Round 3, Drahlo

Shimar 20
    Len 18
    Rock 16
    Thaddeus 16

Drahlo 11
    Titus 11
    Harold 4
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-09-04 at 02:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1311

Drahlo growls as the magistrate vanishes, at first as an orc, and suddenly as a wolf. He steps forward (SE) and lunges at the guard.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

((Might as well get Shimar's actions now, as there's no reason to really update the map))

23. - Top - End - #1313

Shimar

Still in boiling rage, Shimar faces the bodyguard when the wizard disappears.

(I can't see the map from work, but I make a guess. 5 feet step to NE would take me 10' away from the guy, I think. PA 1 for 2. Pity I can't flank with the guys bleeding at the other side of the target.)

Attack - (1d20+6)[25]
    Damage - (1d10+9)[13]

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

Shimar's weapon scrapes along the bodyguard's shoulder, and the blood begins running down his arm. Len then quickly follows-up with the swing of her own sword, but the wary guard avoids the attack.

Greatly angered by taking a wound from Shimar, he draws his dagger, and works his way through the warrior's defenses. He lunges forward, and slashes the tip of the blade across Shimar's chest, dealing 7 damage.

The cloud that hovers in the background makes its way over the bodies of Titus and Harold, making its way to the exit.

Round 4, Continued

Shimar 20
    Len 18
    Rock 16
    Thaddeus 16

Drahlo 11
    Titus 11
    Harold 4

25. - Top - End - #1315

Shimar

You're dead! - Shimard's voice starts from whispering to a shout at the end of the sentence, followed by a powerful attack.

Attack - (1d20+6)[20]
    Damage - (1d10+9)[17]

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

Spoiler
    Show

The following is predicated on the assumption that Thaddeus cast Gaseous Form on himself. If that's wrong, just have her switch to the glaive and keep working the Rockster.

"Hup...RR! Hup...RR!"

Len continues to doggedly bluedgeon Rock's back with angry grunts, greatly annoyed by his indifference to her onslaught. In between huffing and puffing and trying not to suck, however, she notices the misty swath of Thaddeus drifting furtively by.

In between attacks, she glances at its progress. It freezes apprehensively. She narrows her eyes, and the cloud turns and drifts hellbent for the exit as fast as a nebulous cloud of mist can.

Len frees herself from the thrashing brawl, throwing off her cloak and folding it into a more manageable size. The lanky warrior advances on the cloud...

...and begins thrashing the cloak with everything she's got, fanning stiff gusts of air over its misty expanse. Like an old lady fighting off a bee, she flaps away, trying to funnel the cloud into a corner.

Spoiler
    Show

*5-foot step to the SW (I'll take the AoO. Unless I have to use withdraw while in combat)

*drop sword

*(Gaseous form is subject to wind, according to SRD) take off cloak and fan Thaddeus SE into a ball, and then try to trap him under the cloak. If that doesn't work, Len fans him north into Rock's square. Gotta love blinding a bodyguard with a cloud of his master.

I honestly don't know what to roll for this

'Fwoop-fwip-fwoop-fwip'
    Last edited by Ya Ta Hey!; 2008-09-07 at 10:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar0k
    Probability has betrayed me, I thought we had a thing.

President, Founder, and Chairman of the Ya-Ta-Hey! Self-Promotion Club

27. - Top - End - #1317

Drahlo takes a quick step forward and bites at the behemoth again.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

Drahlo once again lunges at the bodyguard, but his target anticipates the attack, and ducks away to the side as he gets close.

Shimar adjusts his footing so that he might effectively strike the man, and then swings down his glaive upon him furiously. The blade bites deep into his shoulder, and then drags across his torso. The bodyguard is certainly suffering from a great wound, but his astonishing tenacity enables him to not only remain standing, but continue fighting back. As Len steps to the side, he thrusts his dagger in her direction - but thankfully, the bodyguard's focus seems to be centered upon Shimar, and she avoids a half-hearted attack.

As Len begins using her cloak to fan the cloud-of-a-magistrate into a corner, she witnesses her ingenuity pay off well. He doesn't seem to go anywhere other than where she directs him. The hulking bodyguard seems angered by this, but deeming Len less of a threat, he ignores her and goes for Shimar. He once again leaps forward to meet his target, and the tip of his blade slashes along the barbarian's right arm, dealing 5 damage.

Len's fanning halts the vaporous magistrate from escaping, and he apparently becomes impatient enough to dismiss the spell - returning to his normal form - and begins sending a wave of curses in the woman's direction. He grasps out for her shoulder, and she fails to tug herself away as he begins to steal her very life-essence. She is dealt 7 damage, and the magistrate's wounds seemingly begin to close ((No AoO; you dropped your sword, and lack proficiency with Unarmed Strikes)).

That was Round 5, yo (and yet, Drahlo still must go)

Shimar 20
    Len 18
    Rock 16
    Thaddeus 16

Drahlo 11
    Titus 11
    Harold 4

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes! Thanks for the open mind, DB. So, I have no idea what Len's HP is didn't quite understand conclusively whether you chose Ennervation or Exhaustion to shoot at her last time. If its ennervation, don't feel bad since it ain't permanent and also doesn't equate to -6 STR and DEX (ouch?).

Anyway, since you've been in the know, can I just say what her action is and let you handle the roll to save time? I trust ya.

Len
    Init: 18
    HP:13
    BAB: 2
    Special FX: Exhaustion

"Gah! Keep your sweaty, incubine, jerk-off hands to yourself! ...Your Honor." Len snarls weakly. She moves out of reach and between him and the exit, drawing her polearm and bracing behind it for an attack.

Spoiler
    Show

*5-foot step SW

*draw glaive

*attack Thaddeus

Last edited by Ya Ta Hey!; 2008-09-07 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar0k
    Probability has betrayed me, I thought we had a thing.

President, Founder, and Chairman of the Ya-Ta-Hey! Self-Promotion Club

30. - Top - End - #1320

Drahlo moves to the side (5 foot step to the east) in an attempt to set up a flanking position between himself and Shimar soon. He lunges forward once again, snarling frustratedly at his previous ineffectiveness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bite Attack/Damage: (1d20+7=22, 1d6+9=12) A nice change of pace... Seems I don't get average rolls; either really bad or really good.