New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Daylight

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Daylight

Everyone's pretty familiar with the combination of using Darkness + Warlocks True SIght to see through it and attack your enemies at disadvantage.

What I was curious is if the opposite is viable somehow.
    Such as using the Light Cantrip on all of your armor or casting Daylight ect.. Is there a blind fight type feat anymore?

Same basic Principle cast blinding light and fight blindly with all of your opponents who can be blinded being at a disadvantage.

I tried going melee/Light Cleric and I can't seem to make it work any ideas or is it not possible without a lot of understanding from the DM?

Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Daylight

RAW, you can't blind people with Light or Daylight, unless they have a specific weakness that says so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Frost
    `This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!`

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thought it was a long shot love the idea of blind fighting in a blinding light effect though

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WereRabbitz View Post
    Thought it was a long shot love the idea of blind fighting in a blinding light effect though
    Refluff Darkness and Devil's Sight for your Lawful Good Warlock/Paladin.
    Junior, half orc paladin of the Order of St Dale the Intimidator: "Ah cain't abide no murderin' scoundrel."

Tactical Precepts: 1) Cause chaos, then exploit it; 2) No plan survives contact with...(sigh)...my subordinates.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

As the signature quote I'm currently unable to find goes, "My Otherworldly Patron is Steven Spielberg".

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew