New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail Thread 4: Come Pray to the Apocalypse Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    If you guys hated this chapter. Wait until the next where Eileen kills herself because she loves Ezra's laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh for those of you who didn't know, Khadgar was talking about the new chapter today. No one noticed. But yeah, new chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Erza destroys the meteorite. She then lands, losing her sword, and Erza grabs her sword and goes to kill her! but then OH NO REDEMPTION ARC IN ONE CHAPTER, turns out she loved Erza! She didn't hate her! She stabs her anyway, and ERZA STANDS UP WITH THE SWORD BEING PUSHED FURTHER INTO HER BODY, EFFECTIVELY SEVERING HER ARM PROBABLY BY THE WAY SINCE IT'S IN HER SHOULDER, and headbutts her mom (with her broken skull since EVEN THE OFFICIAL SCANS says "every bone in her body" is broken) and then Irene kills herself harakiri style. Womp womp.

And then we're done with this fight. Time for more Natsu next chapter.
    I believe you were warned.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    I believe you were warned.
    who me or zodiac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Oh for those of you who didn't know, Khadgar was talking about the new chapter today. No one noticed. But yeah, new chapter!
    Hey, he was earlier than any site as far as I can tell. And you didn't seem to notice the new OP chapter, so shush

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    I'm saddened by lack of murder dragon.
    Yes... why have your forsaken us, allmighty savior from bad plots?
    I mean, this thread ended in what might be the worst possible way... the slight ray of light was Wendy getting to do a few cool things. Aaaand that's about it.
    Honestly: "I could never kill my beloved daughter.... apart from the dozen or so things I did the last ten minutes trying to kill you. But now that you are 110% helpless I can't do it." Eff you, Hiro...

So, another point for the "irredeemable villain gets redeemed" list. How many villains in FT did NOT get redemption? And I mean majot characters, not side villains or boss squad people like Fire God Slayer....
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

While people here clearly consider it bad writing, what happened is actually a little bit more realistic than one might think. There are people who are horriable, they hurt, rob even kill nearly anyone. But they can not do the same things to a family member. Even one they don't like. This was handeled really poorly, yeah. BTW I don't see any redemption in death here. It was more like she finally had enough guts to put herself out of her misery.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: another new chapter
    Show
    well hiro again pulled fast one on us rejecting literaly f ing perfect oportunity intruduce some thing i thing all fanon want aka fire dragon slayer demon but natsu decides to be human and somehow keep fire magic with him
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    If Nastu had kept the demon seed going then he would die if Zerf gets killed. This way he can survive Zerf's death (I think).
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

7. - Top - End - #397
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh my ****ing god.

New cCHAPTEPR>!?
    Spoiler
    Show

So the solution to Natsu being concerned about his dragon or demon side killing himself is just going "lol I'm a human" and that's it. Also, Irene being dead means HER UNIVERSE ONE MAGIC GOES AWAY, so that huge rejiggering of the entire battlefield is now DOUBLY POINTLESS!!!!! This is SO STUPID! I guess this means Zeref's back in the random field he was in and not Fairy Tail head quarters on top of a giant mountain, which WOULD of been a kind of climactic fight setting. I...WHY?! WHY???!?!?!

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Oh my ****ing god.

New cCHAPTEPR>!?
    Spoiler
    Show

So the solution to Natsu being concerned about his dragon or demon side killing himself is just going "lol I'm a human" and that's it. Also, Irene being dead means HER UNIVERSE ONE MAGIC GOES AWAY, so that huge rejiggering of the entire battlefield is now DOUBLY POINTLESS!!!!! This is SO STUPID! I guess this means Zeref's back in the random field he was in and not Fairy Tail head quarters on top of a giant mountain, which WOULD of been a kind of climactic fight setting. I...WHY?! WHY???!?!?!
    You want to know why? Because... *dons Happy voice* this is Fairy Tail, aye sir!

Spoiler
    Show

No, really... I mean, this whole Irene thing went down terribly but we already did that to excess. Also, I guess Erza's bones are healed. Horray?

And... I'm not going to say I'm happy with this Natsu thing... but it's not the worst. The idea, that is. Too bad this was again rushed af (sorry for the language) and otherwise done in a terrible way...

Now we're waiting for the final confrontation that will in all likelihood be another low point. Next time... August, I guess?
    "What's done is done."

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Are we Bleach yet? This sounds close to Fullbring arc.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

I f*cking hope not because if this thing turns little bit bleach i am gona kill hiro retcon the whole arc.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

new chapter!

Spoiler
    Show

Actually liked it a lot, though its getting back the story back on track. Both liked the bit about who Erza really grieved for were Makarov.
    As well as the eventual resolution for the whole Natsu deal. I always liked it myself when a third path were chosen from two options. It might be a little simple this time, but its a problem that was not beaten with violence or the power of friendship. And that gets a plus from me.

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    Spoiler: another new chapter
    Show
    well hiro again pulled fast one on us rejecting literaly f ing perfect oportunity intruduce some thing i thing all fanon want aka fire dragon slayer demon but natsu decides to be human and somehow keep fire magic with him
    @lord_khaine check my quoted posts date its basicly posted the day chapter released so to quote monkey D luff " to slow khaine chan"

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

To phrase what khadgar said nicer: we already discussed the issue, so maybe check the previous posts.
    To shortly repeat myself: the thing with Natsu wasn't a bad idea but, as is often the case, executed poorly. I'll agree, the comparison between Erza's mom and her family was nice but could have used a bit more elaboration.
    "What's done is done."

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

New Chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, the bad guys are starting to fall now. And Gildarts KNOWS how to make one hell of an entrence. August actually has a bit of an "oh crap" expression or at least surprise. Don't know how long it will last though. But if there is someone who will take August out, it's Gildarts since his power can actually negate magic. And Gray is going to confront Zerf by himself. (facepalm)

15. - Top - End - #405
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

The Fullbring arc was Kubo's last attempt to pull something original and before executive meddling forced it back into generic fight manga format had a little something going for it.

This last arc of Fairy Tail has started more or less in the level of Bleach's last (and most disjointed/nonsensical) arc and steadily gone downhill from there.

Some of the character work is perfectly serviceable, as are some of the concepts in play, and Mashima's artwork works better for me than a lot of other manga artists, but by god is all this potential going to waste.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    New Chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, the bad guys are starting to fall now. And Gildarts KNOWS how to make one hell of an entrence. August actually has a bit of an "oh crap" expression or at least surprise. Don't know how long it will last though. But if there is someone who will take August out, it's Gildarts since his power can actually negate magic. And Gray is going to confront Zerf by himself. (facepalm)
    Spoiler
    Show

Eh, we get another look at Brandish leaving... Okay?
    Mira bet not-pervert because she was, as so often, half naked... I guess he chose a poor series to be a villain in.
    And old guy is Abdeel(? Sand guy)'s grandad and begs for his life... as if a Fairy would intentionally kill an enemy... just blow up half a city full of civilians but that's just collatoral damage.

And we get finally to August who is faced by Gildartz. So, while I appreciate Shanks being always fun to watch and he probably is the one sensible choice for an enemy among the fairies... August (and Irine) have been made out to have magic power that shakes the Earth... we know G is also crazy powerful but nobody ever said such about him.

Gray heads for Zeref... fine. But what's the point of that last panel? It seems like totally superfluos to me..
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #407

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Eh, we get another look at Brandish leaving... Okay?
    Mira bet not-pervert because she was, as so often, half naked... I guess he chose a poor series to be a villain in.
    And old guy is Abdeel(? Sand guy)'s grandad and begs for his life... as if a Fairy would intentionally kill an enemy... just blow up half a city full of civilians but that's just collatoral damage.

And we get finally to August who is faced by Gildartz. So, while I appreciate Shanks being always fun to watch and he probably is the one sensible choice for an enemy among the fairies... August (and Irine) have been made out to have magic power that shakes the Earth... we know G is also crazy powerful but nobody ever said such about him.

Gray heads for Zeref... fine. But what's the point of that last panel? It seems like totally superfluos to me..
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's meant to be a death flag. We're supposed to believe Zeref will kill Gray, thus his "apology" to Natsu.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It's meant to be a death flag. We're supposed to believe Zeref will kill Gray, thus his "apology" to Natsu.
    Nope I meant the one after that. Natsu's panel, not Zeref's. We JUST saw where he is, why give us Natsu telling us? Does Hiro think we're stupid?
    "What's done is done."

19. - Top - End - #409

Nope I meant the one after that. Natsu's panel, not Zeref's. We JUST saw where he is, why give us Natsu telling us? Does Hiro think we're stupid?
    **** right I forgot that panel even existed. That's been a recurring problem in Fairy tail forever. It hits the natural end point of the chapter. Then goes on for one more page.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Latest Chapter
    Show
    Gildartz has been portrayed as being so powerful that he tends to absent-mindedly obliterate buildings as he walks through them. This is such a big problem that Magnolia literally found a way to move the whole town around to leave him a clear path home.

August almost certainly has a lot more control, and probably has a lot more versatility and general capability, but in a no-holds barred fight Gildartz is operating in his field of excellence.

21. - Top - End - #411

Randomly just two chapters this week woo!

Spoiler
    Show
    Gildartz fights August, and it looks like they're evenly matched. Grey tries to use a stupid bull**** out of nowhere attack to beat Zeref AND IT WORKS until Natsu arrives and says no because he's the protagonist.

But none of it matters because...he's sick of it. He's sick of it, black wizard. Our lord and savior Acnologia is here!

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Randomly just two chapters this week woo!

Spoiler
    Show
    Gildartz fights August, and it looks like they're evenly matched. Grey tries to use a stupid bull**** out of nowhere attack to beat Zeref AND IT WORKS until Natsu arrives and says no because he's the protagonist.

But none of it matters because...he's sick of it. He's sick of it, black wizard. Our lord and savior Acnologia is here!
    I guess drawing was so easy Hiro put up a second one?

Spoiler
    Show

I'm not sure if they're evenly matched... It seems August actually has the upper hand. Unttil Cara joins for the Daddy/daughter team fight.

I'm actually somewhat fine with Gray's plan. I mean, the "I attacked you so I shoudln't be in the guild anymore" thing is bs but Iced Shell used to be ice mages' trump card and it won't will Zeref, so Natsu is fine, too. And this way that tupid evil Gray arc made some sense. Even if this sounds more like some time magic he should have learned from Ultear. But no, I don't really hate that bit.
    Also: Zeref actually knows his enemies. Wow.

But yes, finally, the One is here. I'm disappointed he didn't complain about that dragon being killed by someone else.
    "What's done is done."

23. - Top - End - #413

I guess drawing was so easy Hiro put up a second one?

Spoiler
    Show

I'm not sure if they're evenly matched... It seems August actually has the upper hand. Unttil Cara joins for the Daddy/daughter team fight.

I'm actually somewhat fine with Gray's plan. I mean, the "I attacked you so I shoudln't be in the guild anymore" thing is bs but Iced Shell used to be ice mages' trump card and it won't will Zeref, so Natsu is fine, too. And this way that tupid evil Gray arc made some sense. Even if this sounds more like some time magic he should have learned from Ultear. But no, I don't really hate that bit.
    Also: Zeref actually knows his enemies. Wow.

But yes, finally, the One is here. I'm disappointed he didn't complain about that dragon being killed by someone else.
    Spoiler
    Show

Correction on Gray. If this was another series, it'd be an awesome attempt at self sacrifice that'd have impact and meaning.

Why do you think he's near Wendy and Erza? Beyond killing Wendy since she's a dragon slayer, I mean. Gotta get revenge!

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

This chapter just seems to blah to me.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: few chapters to end of series
    Show
    okay apocalypse dragon reappeared which we are waiting so no shock there. gray trying to fix the plot by sacrificing him self but the funny thing we might get dragon slayer erza in remaining chapters looks like hiro or one of his lackeys are reading this treat. and finally tengen toppa guren lagan fairy tail edition is released in next chapters

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh Erza is going to be the one to defeat Anc, how disappointing.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh Erza is going to be the one to defeat Anc, how disappointing.
    Well. Crap.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Kinda though it were a decent few chapters myself.

Spoiler
    Show

I did like Gray's flirting with black magic, and even found it kinda heroíc what he had in mind, it were obviously not going to work because he is the Lancer, but he could not know that.
    Also liked Zeref's attitude, and how he straight up knew ganking Gray would give him a good fight.

I also liked Augusts attitude of only being mildly amused even after Gildarts threw himself into the fight. He does seem as strong as he had been build up to be.

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

All hail the Apocalypse Dragon!

Honestly, my spoiler-free review of these two updates is "pretty good".

Spoiler
    Show
    Zeref gets entertainingly snippy with his, "You know why I accepted my fate? Because it's fate" bit. August proves that just being obliterated can't stop him, and then things get messy.

I realize we're probably going to have Erza drop the dragon, but everyone's around, so maybe it'll be a Fairy Tail group win. Heck, maybe there'll be a surprise Wendy-Gajeel win. They are, after all, dragon slayers.

30. - Top - End - #420

New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

Anologia arrives and everyone has the proper response to him, ie "well we're ****ed". He looks at Irene and gives her the proper send off a villain like her deserves, curbstomping her corpse into atomized dust. Zeref realizes that not only can Natsu not beat him, since Acnologia is here and he hasn't absorb Mavis yet he can't win the day so they're all dead. August is the only one who is at least having any fun, deciding he'll at least do some experiments with "that emotion you call love and family" with Gildartz and Cana.

All in all, a perfectly fine example of "man I wish Fairy Tail was better".