New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail Thread 4: Come Pray to the Apocalypse Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    They're two separate magics. No one's talking about the one where he puts you to sleep. We're talking about Pleasure.
    Ok, then we agree to disagree. I'd take Pleasure over being burned alive, sand blasted or gutted. You apparently wouldn't.

Don't get me wrong. The fact that Larcade exists is an abomination in itself; but I can see where the too prudish comment is coming.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

It's not...you're....

This isn't about choice. It's literally about the opposite.
    Everyone (except Khaine and...maybe you) are saying that Larcade is worse because his magic (Pleasure, specifically...the others don't matter here) has rape connotations. Of course we'd all choose to die in a more pleasant way (I choose "in my sleep at the age of 100 with a hot 20something blowing me" personally) if we had the option. The argument here is that you don't have a choice. Larcade's opening move was to rape people. To death. It can't be rape if you choose it. Also, just throwing this out there. You'd suffocate long before you died from blood loss or anything else related to the sand dude's power.

How is this, am I taking crazy pills or something? How is this hard to understand?
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-03-06 at 07:01 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

I think problem is with gender and his religious undertone so if we change them to well endowed woman with little bit sl*tier personality. I think we can pass as another pervert attempt from hiro plus he is actualy kinda tame when you consider he didnt get any parental love when he is kid due zerefs curse
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    I think problem is with gender and his religious undertone so if we change them to well endowed woman with little bit sl*tier personality. I think we can pass as another pervert attempt from hiro plus he is actualy kinda tame when you consider he didnt get any parental love when he is kid due zerefs curse
    Almost everyone here had problems with the demon raping and torturing Ezra. I don't think you're right at all in saying that people would be ok if only Larcade was just a big titted woman. That's...sexist on a lot of fronts.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Almost everyone here had problems with the demon raping and torturing Ezra. I don't think you're right at all in saying that people would be ok if only Larcade was just a big titted woman. That's...sexist on a lot of fronts.
    @razade funny mate we kinda all know hiro is pervert and if he had chance we might not see this horrendous arc instead we see natsu on throne with various girls lying around him in less then bikini outfits and we either see erza or lucy has Arabian dancer nearly every two or third episode.

and for gender swapping lacrede situation my point is his magic can be used as much better weapon if we have proper personality in him ( not his zen Buddhist crap) because you have golden opportunity to make legitimately nasty arc villain from him by removing nearly all religious crap and giving him some sort of i want worlds most beautiful girls in my harem( lucy, erza, minerva and so on with maybe few ocs to ) focus. this version of him makes much better villain than he is currently is and thaks to erza mom we have non elemental dragon slayers( unless enchantment magic is elemental air magic)so just giving him holy dragon slayer powers along with his pleasure powers make him kinda better villain and in arcs ending we cas still kill him via daddy if we want .
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Colossus in the Playground

Really regretting phrasing what I said the way I said it now, hoo boy.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course we'd all choose to die in a more pleasant way (I choose "in my sleep at the age of 100 with a hot 20something blowing me" personally) if we had the option.

The argument here is that you don't have a choice. Larcade's opening move was to rape people. To death. It can't be rape if you choose it. Also, just throwing this out there. You'd suffocate long before you died from blood loss or anything else related to the sand dude's power.

How is this, am I taking crazy pills or something? How is this hard to understand?
    My argument was - We all agree, Larcade/Orgasmo method of killing is preferable to Azir or most foes we seen. If there was choice getting executed by Azir or Larcade, I'd choose Larcade.

Yet we're outraged at Larcade and not Azir? Isn't this weird?

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Really regretting phrasing what I said the way I said it now, hoo boy.
    Even playgrounders aren't immune to getting into... Special discussions once in a while. Also, FT invites the subject, so I'm more surprised it didn't happen sooner.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

My argument was - We all agree, Larcade/Orgasmo method of killing is preferable to Azir or most foes we seen. If there was choice getting executed by Azir or Larcade, I'd choose Larcade.

Yet we're outraged at Larcade and not Azir? Isn't this weird?
    Yeah that were more or less also my initial statement. I found it rather confusing because it isnt like there were any consent/choice part in any of the other Spriggan members who tried to kill people. So its kinda a double standard to only bring it up with Lacade.

For what matter, whatever Larcade is doing cant be called rape. Certainly not by any regular definition of it. The closest thing would be drugging or poisoning.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

**** this manga.

The entire chapter can be summarized by this picture: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...jpg?1315930588

I feel like the cat in that pic.

Spoiler
    Show

Lacarde is random demon.

August is Mavis/Zeref son. Why wasn't he loved? He forgot to tell Zeref. Derp.

So - Mavis a loli, has senior child with edgy teenager Zeref?

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

So - Mavis a loli, has senior child with edgy teenager Zeref?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zerf is centuries old and Mavis was at least in her twenties. I know they LOOK young (WAY to young), but they aren't. I know there is an ick factor anyway.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Best mook waste of all time award goes to hiro mishima. I have no words folks we all talk about orgasmo as zerefs bastard child but he reveals to be a fing red shirt f ing nice one hiro( slow clap)

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, credit where credit is due. Props to Hiro here.

This was a decent chapter all around. I could bitch at August for being stupid but I'm willing to be forgiving this week.
    "What's done is done."

14. - Top - End - #464

New Chapter.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is one of those Fairy Tail chapters where it would be really good if it wasn't Fairy Tail. If you removed all the Fairy Tail-isms, like THE FACT THAT THEY LITERALLY ACTUALLY 100% CONFIRM THAT ZEREF AND MAVIS, WHO BOTH HAVE BODIES THAT ARE SUB 16 YEARS OLD, MAVIS IN PARTICULAR BEING ****ING 12, DID HAVE SEX AND DID PRODUCE A BABY FROM THIS SEX, this would actually be pretty good. It explains why August is so busted, and why he of all people is so dedicated to the cause. It also really explains why he even gives a **** about Zeref not loving his son.

Lecarde being a random demon and not his actual son makes me ever so slightly happy because it means that they didn't have a baby who has horrible rape magic powers in addition to his other abilities. At least their son is just a very powerful wizard.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

So, it's not that I don't see your point Zodiac, but at least in regard to Mavis... She has the mind of an adult. Okay, her body is... Questionable, but in the end, there are grown up people who look very young. I can totally see Hiro intending this as fetish fuel, but to me I'm willing to take it as merely unusual.
    That said.. How the eff allows high magic you to remember stuff when you were an infant?
    "What's done is done."

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    So, it's not that I don't see your point Zodiac, but at least in regard to Mavis... She has the mind of an adult. Okay, her body is... Questionable, but in the end, there are grown up people who look very young. I can totally see Hiro intending this as fetish fuel, but to me I'm willing to take it as merely unusual.
    That said.. How the eff allows high magic you to remember stuff when you were an infant?
    I dont have a f ing clue mate but i think this came from left field even for fanon community by the way is any one have a theory about half demon winged natsu in cover.

17. - Top - End - #467

Maybe he just has special baby memories like Ray from The Promised Neverland.

(this is a reference to a joke, to elaborate he is a character who doesn't suffer from infantile amnesia, which is a real thing).

18. - Top - End - #468

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Zeref finishes killing Lecarde, much to everyone's enjoyment. August decides to use the ultimate spell, sacrificing himself to kill everyone...but seeing his mother in pain from this spell causes him to stop it, simply dying a painful, humiliating, anti climactic death. He wishes for only one thing...to have been able to hug his mother, just once. Natsu throws away the last scrap of care for Zeref and begins to fight for real, and Zeref shows...that he really is just completely ****ed up due to his curse. He's a very bad person but we can safely say it's probably not his fault. We then see that Mavis has a plan, the ultimate plane to defeat Zeref. It's going to be the power of love, clearly.

This is again a chapter that would be really good if it wasn't marred by the fact that Fairy Tail...is a thing. August's final moments are legitimately good if not for the fact that his mother has the body of a 12 year old which makes it all really ****ing creepy. It also feels like a massive anti climax, as said. The ultimate strongest wizard of the enemy army dies because he can't stand to see his Mom die. It fits, but also feels wrong? We have a dramatic moment where Zeref and Natsu confront each other, Natsu throwing away the last of his brotherly love he had for Zeref to fight him seriously...when we had no idea this was even a thing he had in the first place. Zeref's motivation continues to be actually good and horrifying, the fact that he just isn't ALLOWED to love things since they will JUST DIE. Just, immediately ****ing die.

And from what the next chapter seems to be...next time our lord and savior Acnologia is going to remind everyone that he's the actual villain again. Nice.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Zeref finishes killing Lecarde, much to everyone's enjoyment. August decides to use the ultimate spell, sacrificing himself to kill everyone...but seeing his mother in pain from this spell causes him to stop it, simply dying a painful, humiliating, anti climactic death. He wishes for only one thing...to have been able to hug his mother, just once. Natsu throws away the last scrap of care for Zeref and begins to fight for real, and Zeref shows...that he really is just completely ****ed up due to his curse. He's a very bad person but we can safely say it's probably not his fault. We then see that Mavis has a plan, the ultimate plane to defeat Zeref. It's going to be the power of love, clearly.

This is again a chapter that would be really good if it wasn't marred by the fact that Fairy Tail...is a thing. August's final moments are legitimately good if not for the fact that his mother has the body of a 12 year old which makes it all really ****ing creepy. It also feels like a massive anti climax, as said. The ultimate strongest wizard of the enemy army dies because he can't stand to see his Mom die. It fits, but also feels wrong? We have a dramatic moment where Zeref and Natsu confront each other, Natsu throwing away the last of his brotherly love he had for Zeref to fight him seriously...when we had no idea this was even a thing he had in the first place. Zeref's motivation continues to be actually good and horrifying, the fact that he just isn't ALLOWED to love things since they will JUST DIE. Just, immediately ****ing die.

And from what the next chapter seems to be...next time our lord and savior Acnologia is going to remind everyone that he's the actual villain again. Nice.
    did we have anouncement for new movie that isnt series ending cuz first page i swear see lucy in belly dancer outfit and erza in new armor with bunch of voice actors with characters so for new chapter its kinda lame for hiro which is normal but i think we are revving up the throttle slowly in next chapters.

20. - Top - End - #470

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    did we have anouncement for new movie that isnt series ending cuz first page i swear see lucy in belly dancer outfit and erza in new armor with bunch of voice actors with characters so for new chapter its kinda lame for hiro which is normal but i think we are revving up the throttle slowly in next chapters.
    I'm going to do my best to understand what you said since it seems you're asking a question.

For the past like month they've been advertising a new Fairy Tail animated movie, yes. It's non canon. The art for the cover of this chapter has nothing to do with it that's just Hiro. Erza is not on that colour page spread, no.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that was.. Fast? Or am I imagining things.

Also, as Zodiac said, there's a new movie and last weeks demon Natsu likely was related to that, this week's.. Maybe but less likely.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll be slightly more forgiving on Hiro here.. I actually felt a bit sorry even for Lacade. Getting killed by who you consider your dad and who you love is terrible, even for a rapist.
    August.. I do feel sorry for but...
    A) you could have effing told your dad
    B) how the eff where you forced to use such a last resort? So they figured out your trick. Your still a walking nuke. Shoot this guy and his daughter with 100k Magic Power and move on.
    C) so, you seem a smart guy. I know in reality if you told your mom who you are and you want to join her, she'd tell you, you're a murderer and you can't just switch sides. But this is fairy tail. She'd forgive you. You could stop fighting and even if your dad is effed up you could have a few moments with her at least. Why did you kill yourself again?

Also, Jup, Mavis will use love, definitely.
    Natsu is an idiot. How do you create happiness if all you love dies? Please explain, Mr "I have a huge loving family " ****..
    Finally : praise he, the flying death, the descending darkness, the bringer of oblivion, His Majesty. We missed you.
    Last edited by Kato; 2017-03-17 at 01:56 PM.

22. - Top - End - #472

Well, that was.. Fast? Or am I imagining things.

Also, as Zodiac said, there's a new movie and last weeks demon Natsu likely was related to that, this week's.. Maybe but less likely.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll be slightly more forgiving on Hiro here.. I actually felt a bit sorry even for Lacade. Getting killed by who you consider your dad and who you love is terrible, even for a rapist.
    August.. I do feel sorry for but...
    A) you could have effing told your dad
    B) how the eff where you forced to use such a last resort? So they figured out your trick. Your still a walking nuke. Shoot this guy and his daughter with 100k Magic Power and move on.
    C) so, you seem a smart guy. I know in reality if you told your mom who you are and you want to join her, she'd tell you, you're a murderer and you can't just switch sides. But this is fairy tail. She'd forgive you. You could stop fighting and even if your dad is effed up you could have a few moments with her at least. Why did you kill yourself again?

Also, Jup, Mavis will use love, definitely.
    Natsu is an idiot. How do you create happiness if all you love dies? Please explain, Mr "I have a huge loving family " ****..
    Finally : praise he, the flying death, the descending darkness, the bringer of oblivion, His Majesty. We missed you.
    Fairy Tail is always fast and this is just an example of it. If this was Naruto this is where the Erza Mom fight would of ended.

Spoiler
    Show

I feel like August wasn't forced to use that move he just tired of it all. He felt Zeref killing Lecarde and just...he was fed up. **** life. He decided that he wanted to die. But then he saw his mom in pain and realized "ah **** no I...should stop" and died. In a more better series we'd have an interesting bit of balancing his loyalty to his uncaring father, between his clear actual love of his unknowing mother. It would of made the entire Brandish bit so much more interesting, and make Moranbolt more of an idiot for just outright stabbing the guy.

Now the question is...will she use love as in a cute romantic hug and kiss, or love as in she'll strip and glomp him. Because she got this idea from watching the fight with the anti perverted assassin, and this IS Fairy Tail. It could go either way.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

In zeref's defense, he has more than one reason not to care.

Also, Mavis is totally gonna **** him. And there's no way around it.
    "What's done is done."

24. - Top - End - #474

In zeref's defense, he has more than one reason not to care.

Also, Mavis is totally gonna **** him. And there's no way around it.
    Like that's just it, even with a demon he made out of a host of demons, all to kill him, Zeref is clearly TRYING not to care about Lecarde, and yet...kinda DOES still. He says he doesn't but his facial expressions and just how everything is playing out makes it clear he does. It's fascinating, and makes me wish Fairy Tail was better than it was.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

Hm... I was talking about August, actually. I do agree there might be some pity in zeref's dealing with Lacarde, but it's quite clearly far more disgust. Though, likely directed at him and himself. It's a really interesting situation which could be so good in another story.
    "What's done is done."

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

All Hail His Majesty.

Spoiler
    Show

He who devours all magic. He who toys with his enemies. He who crushes the hope of even the strongest in the world. He who... gets smacked like a *** by Ichiya? Or at least his ship. So, bets on what's gonna happen?

So, no real complaint here mostly because not much happened. But I guess it was fun enough. I would argue how He can be stopped by a flying ship but... well, I guess physics are still a thing and getting hit with that must be at least irritating.
    "What's done is done."

27. - Top - End - #477

Spoiler
    Show
    Well see the problem is that Acnologia makes reality kind of assert itself. A flying boat is still a flying boat, doesn't matter how strong you are that's gonna at least disorient you a bit.

But yeah no, I actually like this explanation a lot, especially because of the symbolism. The kanji he used for magic can also be read as "evil" so he basically just consumes all nastiness and all magic. This works very well for the apocolypse dragon, I think, and I'm curious to see what'll happen. I don't recognize the booby lady on the final panel but I feel like I'm supposed to but I can't because too many characters in this series wearing fancy clothing and have long flowing hair and large chests.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

So, awesome chapter.

Spoiler
    Show

To start with i honestly think the action were some of the better i have been in a long time. Jellal's counterattack were cool enough to catch Acnologia off guard, and the following reveal of his secret was a nice revalation of why he managed to rise to the top as the apocalypse dragon.

And even when he stopped toying with his food and began to grow serious, then getting rammed by an entire ship still leaves him as a believeable badass while giving Erza and company a chance to get away.

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I guess we agree this was one of the better chapters recently... what is left is who is mystery girl.. The emphasis on the key bit suggests a celestial mage... Another time traveling Lucy? Yukino? Lucy's mom? And are they finally going to use time travel to fix their dragon problem?
    "What's done is done."

30. - Top - End - #480
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I guess we agree this was one of the better chapters recently... what is left is who is mystery girl.. The emphasis on the key bit suggests a celestial mage... Another time traveling Lucy? Yukino? Lucy's mom? And are they finally going to use time travel to fix their dragon problem?
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you look at the clothes it looks the same used by Anna Heartfilia, Lucy ancestor from 400 years past, granted it may be a red herring, but it seems a safe bet.
    After years of disintoxication I'm back in the D&D tunnel

"I don’t understand God. I don’t understand how He could see the way people treat one another, and not chalk up the whole human race as a bad idea. I guess He’s just bigger about it than I would be."
    Jim Butcher-Dresden Files, book 3