New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Star Wars EU books

I have 30-40 Star Wars EU books from the 1990s. I'm about to move, and I have not read any of them in a decade or more. They aren't great enough that I want to hang on to them for my kids to read. I don't want to move them.

I do have a couple of the older ones - Han Solo & Lando Calrissian books from the early 80s, as well as Splinter of the Mind's Eye. Most of my SF comes from used book stores.
    I might hang on to the actual OT novelizations.

Do they have any value beyond donation? I doubt Half Price Books would even take them at this point.
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Star Wars EU books

Honestly, not a lot. A quick check of e-bay shows that paperback of those Han Solo novels are going for $2-$3. Hardbacks are going for more of course.

Even large collections of paperbacks seem to go for an average of $2 or so a book.

It's probably one of those things that there's a glut on the market (expect possibly the really old ones you mentioned). As people get older and change their tastes, they unload stuff. With 5 or more half-price books in my area, I could probably find any one of them I went looking for.

IF you really want money for them, the best bet might be Craig's List, or a sign at a local game store (if they will let you).
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Star Wars EU books

Offhand, not really. The old EU books are generally easy to find, and most big chain bookstores will have several of them. Donate or trash, your call.

If you donate, feel free to send me Splinter of the Mind's Eye. Also if your Adventures of Han Solo and Adventures of Lando Calrissian if they are separate books and not one large anthology.

Some of the old comics may be a different story, if you have any. Still not valuable, but probably at least worth the effort of checking prices. I'm only guessing here, because they don't have near as much exposure as the books do.

ETA: Huh, looks like the Han Solo Adventures and Lando Calrissian Adventuers even got updated covers and everything when they turned Legends. The single books from the 80s are still better, they have the nostalgia factor. And that's still about the only worth they really have.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2017-07-06 at 04:50 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2