New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Flash, Season 3: My name is Barry Allen and I'm the dumbest man alive

this is one apocalipse of a post season discussion okay arrow was bad all season and flash fas hude cannon discontiuty going on but come on guys is it to hard to merge universes( hold on is justice league has alternative universes colide arc in comics roll knowlegge dc check. yep it happend and its after the idiot point event) so i f ing hope we have the merge happens next season
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Flash, Season 3: My name is Barry Allen and I'm the dumbest man alive

Usually, know. But does it really matter if he duped some Seelie courtier into poofing all people born in orbit of Krypton's star into inanimate furniture or does it himself on that front?

Hell, an arraignment like that wouldn't even be THAT hard for him to pull off if he ever went on the war path with them and decided "You know what, the hell with both of them." and decided to really, really play hardball for some reason.

Also in this canon he's shown being MUCH more direct and brute force about this sort of thing, because Arrow is awful and while they know how to do it right they deliberately don't on purpose.

Edit: They've had multiple merge events before and after flashpoint, and yes, a merge storyline could be good if we tell the supergirl team they have full control of the whole storyline, because all the others have conclusively proven they absolutely can not and should not be trusted to handle it.
    Last edited by Metahuman1; 2017-06-10 at 05:52 AM.
    "I Burn!"

3. - Top - End - #333
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Supergirl is actually doing a decent job of using Guardian on there show, and has Manhunter active on the show as well and does fairly regularly make Alex Danvers, who has no powers, still matter.

And Kara regularly allows Superman and Martian Manhunter to work alone. Especially if they request it. She also has so far been allowing Guardian to work alone and was only going to become involved when she had reason to think he'd become a serial killer. And we know canonically Batman exits in Kara's universe, and she leaves him alone and in fact prefers to cause she thinks he's way to messed up to bother with (Which tells me she'd be reluctant to bother Olly's team if she felt not doing so was half way viable.)

Sorry, that defense doesn't fit the known, established, observable facts of this multiverse and it's canon up to this point.

If they hadn't mentioned Batman in Kara's universe, done as much as they had with Alex on her show, and put Constantine, Firestorm, Barry Allan's Flash (who, BTW, literally soloed the Anti monitor after it had killed an infinite number of full powered Supermen and Supergirls in Crisis on infinite earths to give you an idea of how monstrously OP Barry Allen as a super hero really is. Dude perceives things at Atto Seconds and doesn't even have to break a sweat to lap superman repeatedly in races around the entire planet.) and Ray Palmers atom who needs all of 1 of this tricks from the comics established to be just as powerful as firestorm, more powerful then this depiction of firestorm, then, then they could use that defense.
    To be fair I can't watch Supergirl so I can't comment since I have work that day, but I feel like Superman and Martin Manhunter are pretty clearly Superman tier. She doesn't NEED to help them beyond J'onn being her buddy. And Batman is Batman, that's...different.

The Flash being bonkers in the comics doesn't mean he's that bonkers in the show. I've seen that event comic you're talking about, and he doesn't so much as win as run himself to death to warn everyone of the impending doom. I don't think saying "well he can do it in the comics, why can't he in this adaptation" is a good defense for why they should be together in the same Earth. For what it's worth, I DO kind of wish they were together, but the writing decisions as to why make sense to me too.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Also, cross over episode, alien invasion, and it's STILL ALL ABOUT THE GOD DAMN FLASHPOINT PARADOX STORYLINE AND BEATING US OVER THE HEAD WITH MURDERING BLACK CANARY ON SCREEN AND HOW THEY WILL NEVER STOP RUBBING THAT IN AND RUBBING IN THAT IT WOULD BE TRIVIAL TO UNDO IT
    I think you may be the only person. who wants them to undo Laurel's death. I and a lot of the audience have been clamoring for her to bite it since episode 1, and I for one gave the show a little clap and cheer when they finally did it. Her actress was beyond dreadful, with the only thing worse being the character writing for her.

The new Black Canary is better in every regard.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Except they didn't do it because they can't write her. They changed her just to change her, and then teased for years letting her become Black Canary because having Green Arrow with out Black Canary is like having Superman with out Perry White, Lois Lane OR Jimmy Olsen. And before you say "We've had that." yes, and it's usually been a disaster when it's been tried.

And shockly, changing a beloved and long established character for it's own sake backfired. And then they noticed that there was a semi popular shipping of Oliver and Felicity, and decided, that since people were pissed they'd messed up a beloved and Iconic hero, they'd just sup up a minor teen titans antagonist to be a god modded invincible villain sue, and kill her off just to show they could and to get points from the Ollicity shippers.

Which was why it was the moment I deded I would not watch arrow again unless they brought her back except for cross over episodes.

Based on the fact that long standing Justice League and Justice Society member Vigilante is now a villain on that show evidently, I am firmly convinced I made the correct call, and only ashamed it took me as long as it did to make it. (Also, nice, Speedy Retired. Anyone who know's who Thea in the show is suppose to be a stand in for and knows that characters story should not be even a little bit amused by the change. )

Zodi:

Take a glance over at the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist (As depicted in that admittedly disappointing show were they got almost everything they could get wrong wrong. ... ... I wonder if anyone working on Flash/Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow worked on that Netflicks series?) are all clearly WAY below Avengers Teir. And the bad guys there fighting, if they ever got on the Radar of pretty much anyone on the Avengers, would be anywhere form a cake walk to stepping on an ant to deal with with the arguable exception of The Purple Man.

And they take place in the same city the Avengers are based out of.

Luke Cage could maybe be argued to be lower end Avengers Tier, Black Widow/Steven Rogers/Hawkeye/Maaaaaybe Black Panther (I'm not sure how powerful he actually is in the cinematic universe yet, let him fight Stark and I'll have a better idea.). But even then he comes off as having some power and absolutely no skill in his series, so, I question that.

And Thor and Hulk and Dr. Strange and Vision and Scarlet Witch are at or above the tiers we've seen so far form Supergirl/Manhunter/Superman/Firestorm in the CWverse.

It can be done. It just requires the writers to pay attention to what the comics did right, and to not be lazy and contemptuous of the source material and it's audience. Which they are increasingly unwilling to do.

Ok, even if I give you the nerfing of Flash and Firestorm, the guy still breaks time on a lark with no particular effort as is and by now is basically untouchable if you yourself don't have powers it would seem, and can take 3 Supers including a Kryptoian who's playing hardball and has combat training as well as powers, at once, and win. Frankly, for all your complaining about Firestorm being OP, Barry still blows him out of the water. And even then, doesn't change that guardian is just a guy with a bit of martial arts training that anyone with the desire to get could get, who goes to the gym on a semi regular basis and eats decently, again, something anyone who's middle class in the first world could do, and who happens to have a suit with nominally better armor then most cops have and a few trick weapons on it. And he's operating in the same city Supergirl is and doing fine. Or that Constantine is much more the brute force mage and active in the CW universe were he makes reality bend on demand.

And no, Batman doesn't get to be special in that regards either. It either works, or it doesn't. They have established it works. Which means the only reason they didn't combine it with the main CWverse was to be contrary and to make sure that Flashpoint was, again, nothing but a lazy excuse to heap angst on with out having to put in any effort, which has become a major part of the CW writers standard practice.
    "I Burn!"

6. - Top - End - #336

They also deal with smaller tier threats as well. Flash and Super Girl both face off against then same levels of threats, but if they were together they'd be trivilized because of Super Girl's assitence. That's the idea.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

You, you just contradicted yourself. They deal with the same level of threats, but supergirl specifically would trivialize the threats flash takes on if she was working with him? (Incidentally, boy then this and the last and the upcoming crossover fall apart by default then don't they?)

Also that's hilarious considering Barry took Kara on and won in the last ep I watched.

Edit: Part way into episode. Is, is that the specter? Did. They. Really. Make. The. Specter. Into. Just. A. Dude. With. A. Costume. ? Oh, please, please someone tell me I am wrong and that is not actually The Specter.
    Last edited by Metahuman1; 2017-06-10 at 08:08 PM.
    "I Burn!"

8. - Top - End - #338

Specify, please. Which episode? I don't remember seeing Specter, but after a certain point I stopped caring and stopped watching. If these shows were actually connected, this season of Legends would've involved them trying to keep Barry's latest stupidity from shredding the universe (really, the Flashpoint Time Aberration should've erased the team from existence) and the effect on Arrow should have been something more than changing which sperm cell got to Lyla's egg first. Heck, just a newspaper article about whatever Robert Queen was doing in the background would've been nice.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

EXACTLY!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Also, on Arrow, they have the "new" team arrow that doesn't have Speedy, Black/White/The Canary or Arsenal, and instead has some dude who wears a Hocky Mask and duel wields pistols and hates people with powers who's name I didn't catch , Mr. Terrific of Justice Society and occasionally Justice League Fame, and some dude who's apparently a biblical scholar and can square this somehow with wearing a rather menacing looking costume with a voice changer. The latter one is the one were I'm sitting here going "Oh, oh please, please someone tell me that that is NOT meant to be The Spector.". *note: These are the one's who were in the cross over.

Though I'm vaguely curios who the dude with duel pistols and a Hockey Mask is now that I think on it.

Also, having watched the Crossover, yeah, looks like Legends and Arrow just kept getting dumber, and arrow, evidently, is now taking on Prometheus.

A guy who can take on the entire justice league and be a credible threat.

Oh, and Zodi, Firestorm now has his transmutation powers, so, yeah, one more point in the "Adding Superman/girl, Mon El and Martian Manhunter/Miss Martian to this universe would NOT be OP." stack.

And the Arrow cross over episode managed to be almost a total waste of time, AND piss me off, AND one again center around taunting us with the fact that they killed off Diana Laurel Lance and won't undo it even though it would be trivial to do so but will also NEVER EVER EVER STOP RUBBING IT IN!!!!!!!

Frankly, after this cross over, I seriously wonder if I should even bother with watching the other cross over, as if it's even remotely like this it's a waste of time and potential.
    Last edited by Metahuman1; 2017-06-11 at 05:55 PM.
    "I Burn!"

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

EXACTLY!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Also, on Arrow, they have the "new" team arrow that doesn't have Speedy, Black/White/The Canary or Arsenal, and instead has some dude who wears a Hocky Mask and duel wields pistols and hates people with powers who's name I didn't catch , Mr. Terrific of Justice Society and occasionally Justice League Fame, and some dude who's apparently a biblical scholar and can square this somehow with wearing a rather menacing looking costume with a voice changer. The latter one is the one were I'm sitting here going "Oh, oh please, please someone tell me that that is NOT meant to be The Spector.". *note: These are the one's who were in the cross over.
    Wild Dog, Mr. Terrific, and Ragman.

I have no idea why you thought Ragman was the Spectre.

and arrow, evidently, is now taking on Prometheus.

A guy who can take on the entire justice league and be a credible threat.
    You might recall that was real ****ing dumb in the comics though.

Oh, and Zodi, Firestorm now has his transmutation powers, so, yeah, one more point in the "Adding Superman/girl, Mon El and Martian Manhunter/Miss Martian to this universe would NOT be OP." stack.
    Reminder that he had to practice for weeks and concentrate for minutes to achieve a single transmutation.

And the Arrow cross over episode managed to be almost a total waste of time, AND piss me off, AND one again center around taunting us with the fact that they killed off Diana Laurel Lance and won't undo it even though it would be trivial to do so but will also NEVER EVER EVER STOP RUBBING IT IN!!!!!!!
    It was the 100th episode, it wasn't really meant to be part of the crossover proper in any case, that was just a convenient framing device.

I keep telling you they replace her with another Dinah Lance who has a better actress, actual super powers, and a backstory that makes more sense for a vigilante (and is a bit closer to the comics). I'm still not sure why you want Laurel back.

Frankly, after this cross over, I seriously wonder if I should even bother with watching the other cross over, as if it's even remotely like this it's a waste of time and potential.
    Frankly myself, I'm not sure why you even bother watching any of these at all. All you seem interested in is bitching about them not being just like the comics for some reason instead of enjoying or disliking them on their own merits.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Because hope springs eternal. I liked the first season of flash. Iris/Eddy thing was abit annoying at first but got better once they all knew who The Flash was.

I liked the first season of Arrow. They were still putting in some effort at that stage.

I like part of the second season of Flash. There were weak episodes, and Zoom got grating, partially for being a second season long speedster foe in a row, but it could have been worse.

I kept desperately hoping during seasons 2, 3 and 4 of Arrow that they were going to pull there heads out of there backsides and get it in gear. They got progressively worse, delighted in it, and finally I just gave up when they murdered Black Canary, whom, BTW, they made it abundantly clear in a rather asinine Retcon for this show that Olly apparently never actually did get over Laurel in any capacity, after explicitly killing her off to push shipping him with Felicity. (That was literally the only reason for that move.)

As for problems with her, frankly, problems with her started in season 2 when they wanted to not actually make her the Black Canary, but have Black Canary running around, because changes for there own sake are a good thing and thinking things through is bad. (This lead to killing off Sarah at the start of season 3 only to pull a resurrection out of there ass with Constantine in season 4 so that she could be in Legends of Tomorrow, an utterly needless change I'd like to add.). If they had gotten on the ball and just decided the woman who's been taking hand to hand self defense classes her whole life cause cop dad had started moonlighting as a vigilante after the earth quake attack on Star City in season 2, that would all have been avoided. Hell, you could have had 2 of them running around to bring in Sarah Lance and keep the audience guessing. That took literally 30 seconds on the spot to come up with, and if that little amount of effort is topping what the show is doing, the show has a problem. And doing a "Um, here's the character but better." after killing her off doesn't work unless it's tied into all the time travel shenanigans at this point. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's not even remotely connected, is it? Please tell me I'm dead wrong and she's from some alternate timeline but otherwise is Laurel just better trained and with a different actress, cause that would be an improvement.

1: The first storyline actually more or less worked. It was his second one were it got BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. 2: So, it wasn't enough to adapt 1 characters One More Day equivalent, we had to do 2 characters 1 more day equivilant at the same time in the same universe. I'm not seeing were this works in the favor, particularly as season long arcs on both shows which drag it out needlessly as a result.

Season 3 of Flash, so far, has been an unmitigated disaster from were I'm sitting. And yes, this is in no small part to deciding the thing to do was to ignore there own in universe established canon and character knowledge and do Flashpoint Paradox, even though Barry has already screwed himself trying similar stunts on a much smaller scale in this universe AND been warned repeatedly by people who should matter what happens AND scene the potential consequences with Reverse Flash AND we have a whole other show in the same universe about fixing these kinds of messes anyway!!!!! And I could have forgiven ALL of that if they'd made a damn effort but they haven't. We have a 3rd speedster enemy of the season who's unfathomably faster then a guy who's tag line is "I am The Fastest Man Alive." (I'm sorry at this point it's just lazy. Hell, let Alchemy have his transmutation powers and he could be a credible season long threat and use similar effects to firestorm so that it wouldn't break the bank. Boom.), and were as the story could have been used to do something half way useful, like, making Kara and crew part of the main CW verse, or bringing back Laurel, hell, brining her back with all these changes you seem to like to much would have worked fine enough, they have used it exclusively to keep beating us over the head with how much we've decided Barry and Iris and Joe suck but should be forgiven anyway. (Hell if there was any logic to this Sisko would have told Katelyn that he'd check in with her when needed, but beyond that he was out, because, no, I don't care what Mary Sue Felicity Smoke says, Barry, you did, in fact, kill his brother and it is, in fact, entirely your fault.)

Legends is a complete waste of potential, and I don't watch it except for cross over episodes for that reason. Which is a pity because they really, REALLY, had potential. Einstein is a player was hilarious and even made me momentarily forget that I've grown rather tired of Mick. And The bit at the beginning of season 2 with the laser gun wielding musketeer routine in 16th century France at the royal palace while Sarah Lance get's to have privet playtime with the freaking Queen of France was out right hysterical, and awesome, and I loved it so much I didn't care how stupid it was or if it was ever in ANY comic book because frankly if it wasn't it should have been. And if they'd stuck to that they'd have had me watching the show.

Instead be brought back Damien Dark, invincible untouchable perfect villain sue extraordinaire, and Reverse Flash to beat us over the head with the fact that we could at the drop of a hat undo other insults we've made to the comic book readers in the audience but we won't, instead, we are going to just keep rubbing them in and taunting you with holding the answer in view but just out of reach.

Supergirl season 1 was wonderful aside from 1 or 2 minor things that I'm not terribly concerned over cause they stop being problems as soon as they show up practically none withstanding, and season 2 thus far has been in much the same vein. A few more points were I though they were going to go off the rails but so far they have recovered within the same episode every time and on top of that I've had excellent use of established villain's and a worthy update of a Jack Kirby creation form DC, AND a wonderful live action superman depiction that frankly I now desperately want to use to replace the Henry Cavel Superman in the Justice League movie, AND were getting Miss Martian's story which I personally rather liked. And yes, that's changes and all, because the changes have, by and large, worked and had effort and love put into them.

And that's the difference. When the others are making these changes, it's contempt and laziness I'm getting from them. When the supergirl team does it so far, it's giving a damn but needing to fit the medium but still wanting it to be good.

As for why I thought Ragman was The Specter, the costume reminded me of him, they didn't say his name in the only season 5 Arrow ep I've watched (which was the cross over ep that cheated on being a cross over ep and irritates me for it.), and he was doing uber old testament biblical scholar stuff which brought Specter to mind, and be honest, it's exactly the kind of change they would make for no reason at all on that show.

And I'm watching Flash at least up to this point for cross overs cause the first one with him and Supergirl was fun. The second one was notably less so. So, I'm wondering if there's even a point on trying to watch the rest of the season of Flash cause if the cross over with her and Legends San's team Arrow later is going to be another round of this, I don't think it's worth it.
    "I Burn!"

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Just saw the crossover. Since I haven't been watching Arrow I won't be seeing part 2 until I 1) Start watching it on Netflix and 2) Decide I can enjoy it enough to keep watching even though I hadn't when I originally tried out the show when it premiered.

As for what I saw, I found it dumb. Are the Dominators a thing in one of the other shows or were they just made up for the sake of the crossover? I knew most of the guest cast, so I had some relation, but the plot felt forced - an excuse just to have the crossover. Had Flash been a show about catching bad guys each week then it would fit more. Since it became a soap opera with a background of fighting someone faster than Flash the plot did not fit the show. They tried to link in what was already happening in the regular season, but it still felt forced trying to justify the plot.

Or maybe it's just me not enjoying the show as much as I did the previous seasons because I don't like the direction they're taking it. Not quitting it just yet, but my enthusiasm is down.

I did enjoy the injoke with the Hall Of Justice of the Superfriends cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

13. - Top - End - #343

The Dominators are from the comics and are, as is typical in the Berlanti-verse, a bad guy who could easily carry a half-season arc being wasted in a one off. Although I am sympathetic to their aims here. Barry's time traveling is fouling up the whole universe, and they want to make him stop (by killing him, they are the bad guys).

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    The Dominators are from the comics and are, as is typical in the Berlanti-verse, a bad guy who could easily carry a half-season arc being wasted in a one off. Although I am sympathetic to their aims here. Barry's time traveling is fouling up the whole universe, and they want to make him stop (by killing him, they are the bad guys).
    snard is bad guy to but bastard has his charms
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    To be fair, how else do you stop him?
    Asking nicely? I doubt that promise would last longer than a hour.
    Imprison him? Some idiot will free him because they believe they need him.
    Depower him? Same problem.
    Teach him to be responsible with his powers? I doubt the universe will live long enough...
    No, killing Barry seems like best available option.
    And even that is a gamble.
    Good chances someone brings him back.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    To be fair, how else do you stop him?
    Asking nicely? I doubt that promise would last longer than a hour.
    Imprison him? Some idiot will free him because they believe they need him.
    Depower him? Same problem.
    Teach him to be responsible with his powers? I doubt the universe will live long enough...
    No, killing Barry seems like best available option.
    And even that is a gamble.
    Good chances someone brings him back.
    or run his ass back to life

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
    Just saw the crossover. Since I haven't been watching Arrow I won't be seeing part 2 until I 1) Start watching it on Netflix and 2) Decide I can enjoy it enough to keep watching even though I hadn't when I originally tried out the show when it premiered.

As for what I saw, I found it dumb. Are the Dominators a thing in one of the other shows or were they just made up for the sake of the crossover?
    The Dominators hadn't appeared pre-crossover (as Kantaki noted, they are a comics opponent). Interestingly, post-crossover they've appeared in Supergirl, and they're apparently still quite active and around in her universe.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

I hope they make a Moon Knight tv show (maybe Netflix), it would be Marvel version of Batman. He is so good at stealth he catches you unaware wearing white. Maybe a bit crazy but so is Batman.

Back on Flash, current flash couldn't take on justice league and win.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

I cheated and hunted for the other Invasion episodes to finish the story. I suppose it would have meant more if I had been watching those shows to know what was going on, but I was able to keep up. It did get me curious as to what happened to Arthur Darville's character and who the heck the new character is of the guy from The Minority Report tv show. (Don't tell me.) Don't know actor's name. I know I gave Legends a try and didn't like it, but maybe I'll give it a second shot.
    Last edited by Pex; 2017-06-13 at 09:06 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350

If you do, new guy is explained in the first episode of season two, and Rip eventually shows up again as well.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Rip's absence and the new guy are explained in the first few eps of season 2.

And the potential is shown.

And if you really love basking in Arrow canon while ignoring in it's entirety the fact that the team who are the guardians of time and meant to protect it from being royally screwed are busy basking in arrow canon while utterly ignoring what Flash has now done, I'm sure it would have it's charms.

Personally, they had just enough good stuff going on to make me mad that they were screwing this up as badly as they were. Though I MIGHT go back and look at a completion video or something of Sarah Lance on youtube seducing/getting seduced by famous women of history.

Edit: Alright, right after the alien cross over, and, on the whole, that was an improvement actually. We have finally abandoned the stupidity with Kidflash, and I think we might have gotten rid of bad speedster number 3, and we got some nice Christmas stuff and a guest appearance by The Trickster.

Ok.

Let's see if they can manage not to utterly piss away the good will they earned in this ep.

Edit 2: Ok, they are actually continuing to earn back some good will. A couple of points were mildly annoying, but nothing that really soured the last couple of eps. And the pseudo supergirl cameo was hilarious!

Don't give me that look. I'm capable of praising these shows when they earn it.
    Last edited by Metahuman1; 2017-06-14 at 01:45 AM.
    "I Burn!"

22. - Top - End - #352
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Oh yeah certainly, alternative modes of attack is much more viable than putting the flash in a situation he can run or punch his way out of.

Unfortunately that wont give as good a season finale as having him run or punch an opponent down, hence the need for a physical confrontation. And it kinda also need to be an opponent the flash can use his speed against, since thats what a lot of fans want to see, so no telepathic villian either.
    I could see an entire season or two being done to track down a supervillian using mind control. He controls numerous other villians (and possibly other heroes too) and, when flash interferes with his plans, tries to mind control him. But it proves too difficult to capture a mind moving at light speed so he sends his army of supervillians/heroes after him.
    Since he hides in the shadows, never revealing himself he is very difficult to fight. When he is finally tracked down, this mind controller sends his trump card at the flash resulting in the titanic clash fans want to see, and when it's all over the guy tries to run... but the flash being the flash, that fails.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    The Dominators hadn't appeared pre-crossover (as Kantaki noted, they are a comics opponent). Interestingly, post-crossover they've appeared in Supergirl, and they're apparently still quite active and around in her universe.
    Pretty sure you mean Rogar Demonblud, not me.
    I said nothing about the comics.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Heh, another injoke when Atom says Kara looks like his cousin. I guessed to myself in the beginning of story they would say something about it.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Ok. Music Meister Cross Over. What episode of Legends of Tomorrow got in on this one again? (I'm going to grudgingly sit though that.

That aside they were doing so well and then we just HAD to go back to Flashpoint paradox BS. Still, they've not quite bottomed out yet.
    "I Burn!"

26. - Top - End - #356

Ok. Music Meister Cross Over. What episode of Legends of Tomorrow got in on this one again? (I'm going to grudgingly sit though that.

That aside they were doing so well and then we just HAD to go back to Flashpoint paradox BS. Still, they've not quite bottomed out yet.
    Episode 30 overall, episode 14 of Season 2, episode title "Moonshot". The only tie in is that the genius part of Firestorm sings in that episode, it's just really cute and funny and the episode is itself really great.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Finally finished the season.

I agree. Barry Allen is the dumbest man alive.

Enough with the soap opera. I don't give a damn about Jessie/Wally relationship. The musical was stupid.

I did like the conclusion to trying to save Iris. Cliche but surprising for me. Didn't see it coming, and I'm glad.

I can say I'm still interested enough to watch the next season, so long as the tag wasn't how they are writing Grant Gustin off the show. I want to see Flash, not Kid Flash. Nothing against Keiynan Lonsdale personally, but I hate it when shows change their premise and that would be one of those. This is just paranoia speaking.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
    Finally finished the season.

I agree. Barry Allen is the dumbest man alive.

Enough with the soap opera. I don't give a damn about Jessie/Wally relationship. The musical was stupid.

I did like the conclusion to trying to save Iris. Cliche but surprising for me. Didn't see it coming, and I'm glad.

I can say I'm still interested enough to watch the next season, so long as the tag wasn't how they are writing Grant Gustin off the show. I want to see Flash, not Kid Flash. Nothing against Keiynan Lonsdale personally, but I hate it when shows change their premise and that would be one of those. This is just paranoia speaking.
    I am fairly sure we have gotten confirmation from the producers that Barry will be back. Or at the very least that Kid Flash isn't taking up the mantle of Flash.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

well i like to see what idea they use for anual team up episode since super girl gonna dayview wonder woman it needs to be good enough to excuse using big guns and what i mean big guns as wonder woman since she is same class with superman we might need team up as either first episode or second on both series and we need worlds merge plot asap to keep power levels reasonable but this makes good reason to return fake canary (laruel) to spoil one more season with her presence so writhing needs to be solid enough to let rony return but not fake canary and please dont try to fix before broking another season

30. - Top - End - #360

Dude, punctuate.