New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

I mentioned vetenarian and buses because I recalled the Androids specifically mentioning those. It's been a long while, so I may have recalled wrong. In any case, it's actually good the Androids aren't all knowing, the MSTs probably wouldn't have been as funny if they took serious historical perspective to them. Similarly, if the story about the God's three sons / Mother Crow and its three chicks hadn't been so foreign to them, the discussion between Raijin and them would've been much more boring.

(As for the King's healers, there are many stories similar to mine in real folklore, and the healers are always useless in them. The original audience of the story would've been familiar with that trope, so they wouldn't have wondered about it.)
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Yep, that what make 22 23 funny and cool.

I wonder if they have read (argh. How do you pronounce read in past?) "The Little Prince"
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I mentioned vetenarian and buses because I recalled the Androids specifically mentioning those. It's been a long while, so I may have recalled wrong. In any case, it's actually good the Androids aren't all knowing, the MSTs probably wouldn't have been as funny if they took serious historical perspective to them. Similarly, if the story about the God's three sons / Mother Crow and its three chicks hadn't been so foreign to them, the discussion between Raijin and them would've been much more boring.

(As for the King's healers, there are many stories similar to mine in real folklore, and the healers are always useless in them. The original audience of the story would've been familiar with that trope, so they wouldn't have wondered about it.)
    Thank you. That is all working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Yep, that what make 22 23 funny and cool.

I wonder if they have read (argh. How do you pronounce read in past?) "The Little Prince"
    Yeah, read I think is one of those crazy rules exceptions that English is known for. "Read" is spelled pretty much the same when used for past tense or as a verb. "I'm going to read this" is pronounced "reed" while "I have read that" is pronounced "red". While some in currently in the process of doing so, you ad a "-ing" as in "I'm currently reading" pronounced "reeding". I understand that the language can be hard at times, its complicated mishmash history can do that. I only have a good grasp of it because I'm native to it and write a lot.

as for The Little Prince, no but I can look it up.....

......oh! Suddenly a lot of things about Trombonicon make more sense. no they haven't read The Little Prince, since I wrote it all in advance before you brought it up, so their perspective is written entirely without any knowledge of what it is or why all these peoples lives are so seemingly empty. So if I were to add anything because of it, it would be to keep them ignorant of the book entirely and just keep pointing out the weird flaws even more.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #364
    Colossus in the Playground

Just a heads-up, my posting will slow down for the next 7 days as i'll be on vacation. Tomorrow's a big travel day so...yeah.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

I have a lot to write here both ooc and If, just busy weekends. Hope to reply tommorow...

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

My favorite MST of Trombonicon Chapter is now up. I hope you all enjoy it, and that your all having a good time.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Really sorry for taking so long to post, I'm glad you didn't let me hold you up too long and moved on to the trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

I enjoy it as well.
    Of course Log, is combination of Gol.D.Roger from One Piece, and the accountant from the little prince.

And only now, I realize such derps in my writing... but I guess, if it provide 22-23 more material.. it's good?

Ah!
    I remembered what I wanted to say.
    Thank you for the clarification about the word read.

To be fair, I think that the Russian language is even more crazy.

Simple example-
    The Russian language has 3 genders:
    "On"-He
    "Ona"-She
    "Ono"- not he, and not she, and it end with "O"

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    And only now, I realize such derps in my writing... but I guess, if it provide 22-23 more material.. it's good?

Ah!
    I remembered what I wanted to say.
    Thank you for the clarification about the word read.

To be fair, I think that the Russian language is even more crazy.

Simple example-
    The Russian language has 3 genders:
    "On"-He
    "Ona"-She
    "Ono"- not he, and not she, and it end with "O"
    Its good, big numbers like that don't actually matter to a setting, despite how many people claim that they do. Because they are just details that often don't matter to the plot thats actually happening. A random peasant doesn't care how infinite the universe is if their village just got destroyed by bandits. Its just fun to poke fun at, because you get weird interactions and jokes out of it. The Androids probably suspect that the whole thing is exaggerated or propaganda anyways, due to the narrative being biased against the gods- after all, if you hate the gods, why not claim that the stars and planets they protect and maintain are things bought and sold by some lifeless accountant?

That and Dragon Ball is comedic, so there is a lot of room for ridiculous things happening like a rabbit who can turn people into carrots being beaten up and being placed on the moon as punishment to make bean cakes, despite there being no air on the moon he is still alive....at least until Roshi and Piccolo Jr. blew it up. Then it came back both times, as if nothing happened. The only people who care about that are complaining nerds. Everyone else just enjoys the show.

But whatever its your choice, I just play the Androids as the straight man to anything more ridiculous than them and as the wise guy to anything more serious than them. Except when it'd be better to not to.

I do not know Russian, but I'll take your word for it that its ridiculous. Lots of languages to be honest has ridiculous stuff in them. Its just that the most proficient people at the English language like to pick on it for being what it is, and that is a weird mashup of various languages across time that likes to knock other languages out and pickpocket it for loan words in dark alleys.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

About the tournament- Banana Way dude, is actually a Capoera fighter.

More importantly-
    Luffy Parody Vs Masala could be interesting because of his streching super power.

Banana Man Vs Yankar

The Black Sultan Vs Tarasai? (black sand magic vs godly magic?

Kenshin Vs Tigra?

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Its not just about the fights, but the structure of the tournament I'm concerned about. how do we want to do it?

like, do we want this completely random, and just play out how the dice fall? do we want to just have a bunch of fights and determine who wins in play? do we want to plan out who wins? Who faces who in which round? so on and so forth.

like Yankar, just as a warning is this kind of this super-dedicated super-strong martial artist guy from the year 1000 who has obsessively trained his entire life to beat super-saiyans without a super form himself. He is kind of this martial arts elitist/battle seeking guy, takes everything seriously and so on.

while its unsure how well Lucifer would do against anyone.

like, how do you see this playing out in general? on a wider scale?

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm.. I don't think this should be overthinked too much.
    First as I see it, we want to see, fun, funny and interesting (some of them) fights.
    About planning oponnets, I just mentioned ideas for interesting duals- parody Luffy vs Masala- because of their stretching powers.

Lucifer, just like Satan has an epic plot armor, and every battle against him would be crazy and fun.
    But I don't want him to win the tournament I want him to win one or twice, and the Frozen's character go Chi Chi on him and kidnap him to a church and marry him.

Fenrir- simply want to train to be a good leader. (And eventually king of earth?)

Black Sultan should be an interesting swordman and sand bender that is cool to beat.

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, your right. I'll just arrange fights by how I think they will be interesting or cool:

First Round:

F1: Lucifer Vs. Ranma Parody
    F2: Juggernaut Vs. Vash Parody
    F3: Naruto Parody Vs. Fenrir
    F4: Tigra Vs. (Kenshin Parody name)
    F5: Masala Vs. (Luffy Parody name)
    F6: Yusuke Parody Vs. Ichigo Parody
    F7: Tarasai Vs. Black Sultan
    F8: Yankar Vs. Banana Man

that sound good to everyone? When I get the chance I'll do the IC update post to get it going IC.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

I like this list. Just let's get aproval of Frozen and Hawk

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, I've never seen Kenshin, to my great shame. What's he like?
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Basically, he is a samurai who wields the most deadly katana sword style ever, and years ago he used to be a great killer to the point where he is called "Manslayer". but then the war ended, and then Japan started opening up to the outside world and industrializing, known the Meiji Era.

However by the time of the anime's beginning, he is a kindhearted guy who has modified his sword so that its "reverse-bladed"- he can't kill anyone using it. Because he doesn't WANT to anymore, so he has taken steps to make sure he won't. The parody version has a normal Katana and a Bokken instead and will just be using the bokken. At least at first, depending on how the fight goes. His personality can also be comedic and somewhat foolish, even though he is anything but.

If you know who Vash the Stampede is though, just picture Vash but with a sword instead of a gun, and you basically got it.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, I do know Vash.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Clarification:
    That was Masala speaking, not Android 23. I should be clearer from now on, I intentionally made Masala speak because she is childish enough to ask questions like that.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Will edit tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, edited now.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

So, here's a question. The Time Patrol exists outside of the 12 (now 13) universes, right? So why haven't we seen anyone from outside Universe 7?

Also, another theory. It's already looking like the universe has already undergone mitosis in order to form Universe 13, but what if the time distortions are caused by some crossover with Universe 6? That way we can say Universe 13 is made up of bits of Universes 6 and 7, making Universes 6, 7, and 13 triplet universes.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

1. Who said that we haven't? there could be Universe 6 Saiyans in the TP, its not as if Cabba's build is universal. Or Universe 6 Arcosians. other than those guesses, I don't know.

2. I dunno, this sounds is getting into "complex cosmic stuff that will make FF write long posts about simplicity and not having to update the canon" or whatever again. So while fun, I'm not going to speculate on that, just in case.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey! Dragon! I wish for you to not fulfill this wish!"
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-01-17 at 01:40 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Also, another theory. It's already looking like the universe has already undergone mitosis in order to form Universe 13, but what if the time distortions are caused by some crossover with Universe 6? That way we can say Universe 13 is made up of bits of Universes 6 and 7, making Universes 6, 7, and 13 triplet universes.
    That sounds awesome. But can we call the setting of this RP "Universe 0" instead of "Universe 13?" There was already a Universe 13 and it was destroyed, alongside Universes 14 through 18, and reusing names (even if the universes never existed at the same time as one another) can lead to annoying ambiguity.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    That sounds awesome. But can we call the setting of this RP "Universe 0" instead of "Universe 13?" There was already a Universe 13 and it was destroyed, alongside Universes 14 through 18, and reusing names (even if the universes never existed at the same time as one another) can lead to annoying ambiguity.
    No, see, the point is that it's the multiverse restoring balance, and this is the first example. Eventually, other universes will "bulge off" until there are 18 universes again. And who's to say that the universes didn't start off as triplets anyways, and get reduced to twins by Big Z? Nature does love it some threes.

EDIT: Or, compromise, we could call it Universe 13-N.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-01-17 at 05:17 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

No, see, the point is that it's the multiverse restoring balance, and this is the first example. Eventually, other universes will "bulge off" until there are 18 universes again. And who's to say that the universes didn't start off as triplets anyways, and get reduced to twins by Big Z? Nature does love it some threes.

EDIT: Or, compromise, we could call it Universe 13-N.
    I vote for that. Especially if it means that Empress Rummy could exist.
    (Daughter of Champa)
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2017-01-17 at 05:21 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yeah, your right. I'll just arrange fights by how I think they will be interesting or cool:

First Round:

F1: Lucifer Vs. Ranma Parody
    F2: Juggernaut Vs. Vash Parody
    F3: Naruto Parody Vs. Fenrir
    F4: Tigra Vs. (Kenshin Parody name)
    F5: Masala Vs. (Luffy Parody name)
    F6: Yusuke Parody Vs. Ichigo Parody
    F7: Tarasai Vs. Black Sultan
    F8: Yankar Vs. Banana Man

that sound good to everyone? When I get the chance I'll do the IC update post to get it going IC.
    You actually forgot Lilith, but I'm fine with that. Someone has to do the obligatory "knock out another contestant and dress in their clothes" thing. The Ranma parody seems like the most likely candidate for that and would serve my purpose of having Lilith face Lucifer.

As far as the Juggernaut goes, I think Yankar, Tarasai, Fenrir, Tigra and ½Masala are the only fighters which could give it trouble. I have nothing against doing short 1 or 2 post fights with the parodies before its matched with one of them.

So, here's a question. The Time Patrol exists outside of the 12 (now 13) universes, right? So why haven't we seen anyone from outside Universe 7?
    It's because Universe 7 and its offshoots are the only universes with a time travel problem.

Think:

1) Time Patrol didn't exist before Trunks.
    2) Every god, including Kai of Time, were amazed a human could use time travel at all.
    3) Other universes don't have Bulma Briefs to invent a time machine.

Everything points towards time travel being bloody rare ability even in the scope of the multiverse. It's only common enough to cause trouble in Universe 7, and hence all the troubleshooters are also from Universe 7.

For there to be Time Patrollers from other universes, one of three things would need to happen:

1) Multiversal screw-up: someone from Universe 7 breaks into another Universe (or vice versa, see Zamasu) and leaks time travel technology there, forcing Time Patrol to go after them and recruit locals.
    2) Time Patrol deciding to share temporal technology with other Universes.
    3) Someone in another Universe invents time travel independently

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, I have imagined , Lucifer fight against Juggernut at the second or third fight- and because of his idiotic luck, he technically wins- but his helmet falling from him, and then certain woman from the crowd kidnapping him.
    (So, technically Juggernaut will win?)

Just a thought.
    We clould do it differently.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

That works too. Plus, it seems like I was late with my suggestion, as the fight between Lucifer and Ranma parody already started.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

Raz, I have edited the pokemon battle reply..

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Technically, the previous six destroyed universes would be numbered thusly:
    Universe 13 paired with Universe 0
    Universe 14 paired with Universe -1
    Universe 15 paired with Universe -2

Mostly because the numbers have to add up to 13 for what stupid reason Whis refuses to elaborate on. So Universe 0 wouldn't solve anything. I'd just go with U-13B as the most technically accurate term, but refer to as Universe 13 when not being 100% accurate, mostly because the previous six are not really relevant. Unless we somehow want o make them relevant.

I guess if we are really bothered over it we could number this universe, Universe 16 and call a hypothetical mirror universe of ours Universe -3, but really, its not all that relevant to make a big deal over.