New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

I figure the Lookout is a really mystifying place to visit when God is absent.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #812
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Well, if nothing else, Max is probably going to be trying to use telepathy to get someone to give him a run down of the current state of things. He's used to Dende's lookout, older, post dragonball Dende. So while he's familiar with the physical layout from his own time, he's probably used to there being a fridge and stuff in some of those vast, empty spaces.

Also, I just want to say: isn't materials science interesting? We have metal that makes electricity as long as it's hot, if that doesn't say 'inappropriate amounts of tasing' to anyone else, well, I mean...come on.

Edit: And if it wasn't clear in my post because of the additional information posted in there, Max is moving to cooperate with being taken away, just giving a moment in case Dr. Whooves' question gives a pause. And, you know, taking the opportunity to do some contingency planning.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-04-12 at 12:35 AM.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I figure the Lookout is a really mystifying place to visit when God is absent.
    Its a pity that other rooms in the Lookout are not canon like the Time Chamber. I've always had this idea that there are actually lots of rooms in the Lookout doing very crazy and mystifying things that don't make sense, built for reasons unknown, but canon doesn't back me up on this, The Lookout is still pretty strange and mystifying all by itself though. Its just a thing built to float above the Earth with maybe an impossibly long and thin tower under it that no one seems to know who built it or why, or if there are any Lookouts elsewhere in the universe as apart of some long ago Kai thing or a place to worship the Kais that fell into disrepair over the eons, or if its just a convenient place for Earth's Guardians to be that someone else built for some other reason.

I'm not going to like actually remake it or anything like if only preserve its minimalist form of mystery that you've given it, but nevertheless I agree and wish there were like more rooms in there than Spirit and Time/HTC.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #814
    Colossus in the Playground

Consider it a blank slate. The interior is fairly spacious so if you want to add more rooms, go ahead. I kind of imagine the Arcosians opening the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and it going something like this.

Engineers *Walks out of Time Chamber* "After 15 days of study, we have the report of our comprehensive study of the properties of what we call the Abyss Room written!"

Guard: "15 days?! I just saw you guys go in one minute ago!"
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ettin in the Playground

As noted long ago when Callin visited it, it used to have more rooms - but then the Thunder Sage destroyed it, and Yamakami never managed to re-equip them all.

EDIT: I can also imagine Hailin going there to train and coming out in just few seconds, screaming "I can't take it! It's too boring!"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2017-04-12 at 12:59 AM.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

Since my questions about Slushie were ignored..

I'll just let you guys handle it, when you'l see it fitting....
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

7. - Top - End - #817

Since hyper-light drives move at the speed of plot, Slushie should arrive at the system when ever you want him to, Igor.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh yeah, we might want to establish when the dragon balls recharge.

Given that:

1) Oxy moved then to work on the Namekian calendar (one hundred something days)
    2) they were used before leaving to Plant
    AND
    3) all the trips to Plant and back, and to Talsaiga and back, happened in the interim,

I think it'll be at most three Earths months (90 days) before they recharge.

So if they are not removed from the Lookout before then, the Arcosians will eventually realize some of the stones are not like the others.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, you seem to have a better memory for how long they recharge now, so....I'm going to take your word that its 90 days now? its been so long since Oxyribo detailed the rules for how his ones work that I don't really remember the specifics.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

It's a rough estimate. I didn't reread the threads to count how long the trip to Talsaiga lasted etc. The important thing is that they'll be recharged well before a year has passed, so the Arcosians have a chance to notice them changing from inert to active state. Unless they are stolen during the remaining tournament, of course.

Oh yeah, and I again note Masala would know the balls are in the bottom drawer of the kitchen cupboard, because she and Junior were the ones who last gathered the balls and put them there.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I think it'd be funny if Hooves and Max accidentally stumbled into the time chamber. That way, even if it only takes 1 second for the Arcosians to find them, they have about six minutes to scram.

Or, now would be a good moment for Max to Instant Transmission them to King Kai's place.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2017-04-12 at 08:39 AM.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

Igor, reposting this here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Hey guys. A friend of mine is doing some really cheap art, and I was thinking of getting a picture of Starlight. Does anyone wanna make it a group pic while we're at it?
    Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Starlight- Sure. But I am really caveman when it coming to paypal and stuff.
    Cool. What do we want the picture to be? Should Vodkana be in her humanoid form with her and Starlight hanging out, or her sphinx-pony form with Starlight showing her Equestria?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

12. - Top - End - #822

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    It's a rough estimate. I didn't reread the threads to count how long the trip to Talsaiga lasted etc. The important thing is that they'll be recharged well before a year has passed, so the Arcosians have a chance to notice them changing from inert to active state. Unless they are stolen during the remaining tournament, of course.

Oh yeah, and I again note Masala would know the balls are in the bottom drawer of the kitchen cupboard, because she and Junior were the ones who last gathered the balls and put them there.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I think it'd be funny if Hooves and Max accidentally stumbled into the time chamber. That way, even if it only takes 1 second for the Arcosians to find them, they have about six minutes to scram.

Or, now would be a good moment for Max to Instant Transmission them to King Kai's place.
    Assuming Dr. Whooves could survive the gravity there, yeah. And since it looks like whooves is going for a flash and hide behind a door tactic, I think Max grabbing the doctor pony and ITing out to some air nearby King Kai's planet would be his plan of action. You know...so the gravity doesn't squish the pony. After all, that door isn't going to hold very well against 100,000 power level of pissed off Arcosian.

Edit: From King Kai's, or nearby it on snake way if Dr. Whooves can't survive the gravity, they can figure out an infiltration plan and how to proceed from there. After all, they might just want to IT Android 22 and 23 from Talsaiga to the bottom of the lookout to do the infiltration and retrieval of the dragonballs. Which would leave Max and Dr. Whooves to return to the tournament and possibly lodge a complaint about the seizure of The Lookout with Hailing.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-04-12 at 12:12 PM.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, I was just assuming that the Lookout is tough enough to withstand a pounding long enough for the Doctor and max to grab the dragon balls. Also, the Doctor plans to try and fry the Hyperbolic Time Chamber before he leaves, so Hailing and his minions can't use it.

EDIT: Do we have to have Max IT them away? It kind of ruins my plans, or at least unnecessarily complicates them, and would kind of piss the Doctor off. At least wait and see if the arcosians can actually bust the door down?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-04-12 at 12:37 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

Igor, reposting this here.

Cool. What do we want the picture to be? Should Vodkana be in her humanoid form with her and Starlight hanging out, or her sphinx-pony form with Starlight showing her Equestria?
    If there just two of of them, then sphinx, if it's the RA group, then as 'humanoid'

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ettin in the Playground

@Hawkflight, Sagetim: the Lookout is just reinforced concrete, that's why I asked stumbling into the time chamber. Because it would give your characters time to react and to blow up the entrance from the inside.

I'll hold off responding with King Kai untill you've agreed on how to proceed.

Note: while IT can be used to bring in arbitrary amount of people, that won't make the heist easy, because the cupboard is in the kitchen, and the kitchen is in the palace on top of the Lookout. It's one of the most likely places to have Arcosians just hanging around. The Emperor's Vanity has enough crew to place a guard in every room of the Lookout if they feel like it. (It would be impressively boring and pointless for most of them, but it's possible.)

16. - Top - End - #826

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being one of those 'right under your nose' things. Again, Hailing and company don't know they're looking for Dragonballs yet, and he might not even know what dragonballs look like, because anyone whose gotten close enough to Lokote to possibly get a picture of the dragonballs probably wouldn't think to.

I think it'd go something like this: "Oh hey look, stone spheres. Put 'em with the others in the storage room."
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-04-12 at 02:27 PM.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ettin in the Playground

A-yup. Indeed, attempts to recover the balls are one of the few things which can draw unwanted suspicion to them, ironically enough.

The Talsaigan balls might also have been of different size. Raziere can being clarity to that issue.

18. - Top - End - #828

RedWizardGuy

Had to get some errands done or I'd have responded earlier. And yeah, I kind of expected the plan to piss off Doctor Whooves, but weighing it between a fight breaking out or the people actually seeing them disappear and annoying an ally, it seems the less dangerous route.

What did you have in mind as an alternate route after hiding behind the door? I mean, they might be in the kitchen, but I don't think Android 23 informed Max that the dragonballs are in a drawer under a towel there. And Max doesn't know they have an inert state, so he wouldn't recognize them. If Whooves knows, and wants Max to distract them while he goes for the balls, that's fine. I just posted based on what I think my character knows of the situation, and 'we can't search for them, extracting for now' seems like the plan to go with to him at the moment.

Edit: So if you want to divert to a different route, edit in Dr. Whooves saying something and I'll edit my post, and we can proceed from there.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-04-12 at 03:25 PM.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

.....hm.....the Talsaigan Dragon Balls are bigger. even with the twist limitation and no killing limitation, unlimited wishes is pretty powerful, since when if they're feeling brave enough a wisher could theoretically keep wishing until they get a result they can live with. Which means the Talsaigan Dragon Balls are of greater size. the bigger the Dragon Ball, the more powerful the wishes they can grant.

and yeah, should probably tell both Max and Celestia about the inert state. My bad.

20. - Top - End - #830

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    .....hm.....the Talsaigan Dragon Balls are bigger. even with the twist limitation and no killing limitation, unlimited wishes is pretty powerful, since when if they're feeling brave enough a wisher could theoretically keep wishing until they get a result they can live with. Which means the Talsaigan Dragon Balls are of greater size. the bigger the Dragon Ball, the more powerful the wishes they can grant.

and yeah, should probably tell both Max and Celestia about the inert state. My bad.
    Well, it's fine. It's the kind of humanizing mistake that people make and breathes a bit more life into the characters, and gives an opportunity to go 'hey, wait a minute...'.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-04-12 at 04:00 PM.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

By the way, are you ok with me making up another dragon and dragon balls?
    (Made by Trombone)

I should watch Doctor Who someday....

Bah. Another moment of fanboy in disguise-

walking into a toy shop with your son and wife*

Looking at awesone action figure of Freeza*

"I think our son will love this toy!"

wife:"He is two month old."

me:"Aww... righhhhhhht......"

Wife face palming*

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't think we need more dragons now.

You could use the plot of making one as Trombone's motivation when he gets free, though.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Starlight would know where the balls are, so she told the Doctor in the letter.

- - - Updated - - -

I found the perfect clip to describe the situation on Earth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-04-12 at 05:34 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #834

RedWizardGuy

Well, I edited the post to give you a chance to post as Dr. Whooves enacting a plan, and Ing's post just now supports that, so let's see where we wind up.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

Posted. Also, gonna try to start that character development scene with Starlight now. Feel free to bring in Flake or 23 as you see fit. (Are we still using Flake as a foil for Starlight?)
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground

Probably, but Flake has gone with Slushie to Earth because she believes that Sailor Arcos not wanting to meet Hailing would look too suspicious and because she might be able to do things that others couldn't under the cover of a loyal Arcosian soldier.

I base this assumption off the fact that Hailing didn't react to Slushie mentioning Sailor Arcos in his call. I hope I'm not wrong.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, well, I guess I can scrap the plan and just put it off.... :\
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #838
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, well, I guess I can scrap the plan and just put it off.... :\
    ............Auuugh.....now I feel bad......I'm trying to finish up Apfel's convo to get to you.....

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

Flake always can drop off, and say she has urgent Sailor stuff to take care of.

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, Sagetim, when I said the "teleporter room", I meant the one on the Lookout. Granted, I did make the assumption that there was no-one there ... I should probably have asked first.... >_>
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show