New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

I edited my post so that it's Flake tackling Apfel out of the way that gives Celestia room to step between him and the attack. =3

So, here's a question. The Eternal Dragon, the all-powerful being who dwells in the planet's core and can be summoned via seven immensely powerful artifacts to grant whatever wish you desire ... do you think he gets Netflix?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Probably not in my headcanon. I imagine being a wish-granting dragon doesn't give you a lot of entertainment. much like a genie: ultimate cosmic power, itty bitty living space. If Lokote had Netflix, he'd probably not be such a big jerk, even if he still would have to twist all the wishes.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

My post was supposed to be positivly dramatic, and close a cycle...
    if it's offensive in any way, tell me and I'll edit.
    The idea was, that Vodkana would "love and tolerate" the **** out of 23, and remind her how much she mean to her-
    and in many animes friends slapping sense into each other....

but I can edit
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

No your post is great as is, Igor. Just what I expect.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-04-23 at 01:18 PM.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Wellp, looks like Celestia's saving Apfel. XD

Glad I waited though, I didn't want to risk interfering in Ing's plans.
    It's fine. Truth be told I was THIS close to actually having Apfel die, simply because I thought it would be interesting to create a 'best laid plans' situation while Apfel trained with King Kai for a spell, and him realizing he died and completely losing his cool and freaking out would have been amusing. Furthermore, it would make an interesting internal conflict for 23, who needs her Flowey cosplay to stand a chance against Hailing while also knowing what the cosplay does mentally.

Problem is, angst, 23 would have been unnecessarily broody, which isn't fun for anyone, and let's be honest, it would've all but nuked the plans everyone had set up, or at the very least made things more difficult. Also, Hawkflight gave me a perfectly reasonable out
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ettin in the Playground

@Ing: remember to reply with Asalute so the military farce may continue.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

and Hawkflight remember to reply with Tigra so that the tournament may continue (or did I miss a post?)

8. - Top - End - #968

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    @Ing: remember to reply with Asalute so the military farce may continue.
    I knew I was forgetting something. Edited into my post.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

And the emperor Vanity!

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    and Hawkflight remember to reply with Tigra so that the tournament may continue (or did I miss a post?)
    You missed a post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Problem is, angst, 23 would have been unnecessarily broody, which isn't fun for anyone, and let's be honest, it would've all but nuked the plans everyone had set up, or at the very least made things more difficult. Also, Hawkflight gave me a perfectly reasonable out
    Yeah, it would have made things pretty broody. Part of me is sorry I posted and didn't get confirmation on that, but the majority feels it would have caused problems, and besides that is still caught up from the high of making Celestia totally awesome on-screen for once. I bet 23 and 22 never saw that on the TV show.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-04-23 at 06:59 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

I think, being broody from time to time is ok.
    We even had Krillin broody episodes, so why not?

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, but we literally just finished a broody episode, so.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

13. - Top - End - #973
    Titan in the Playground

Hm, I think 23 will be broody enough just knowing how close Apfel was to getting killed and all their plans falling apart, especially if Earth actually does get destroyed on her watch- because lets face it, if Hailing blows up the planet, Android 23 won't be able to come back and give Luxana the Guardianship, meaning she will be Guardian for three more months. The potential for Hailing to destroy the entire planet along with every character on Earth is still there and if both Apfel dying and the planet blowing up actually both happened, it might've been enough for her to give up entirely knowing how hard she just failed at protecting anyone and wrecking her own plans.

As well as probably broody over the prospect of having to train for year in the Flowey Cosplay as well.

So yeah, expect her to be much more motivated to try and solve the whole "Hailing is on Earth" issue after this, because she is NOT going to let some small stupid foolish thing potentially screw up everything like that. Not again. I mean, she just potentially screwed up everything while Hailing was Earth, a dead Apfel situation could've really destroyed Earth- because a broody 23 is one more motivated to solve problems so that she can stop being broody its how her entire character works:
    -just minding her own business, happy and snarky and referential
    -something bad happens that she has to take seriously
    -she takes it completely seriously and does everything she can to make it go away
    -when she succeeds, she goes back to a natural state of jokiness now that the threat is passed.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Let me know if anything Celestia said is off-base, or if anything is missing. She wouldn't be fully in-character in this situation otherwise.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Land of Death
    "........"
    Android 23 takes a deep breath and looks at 22, who was there from the beginning and loved her more than anyone, Starlight who believed more than anyone in giving second chances, Vodkana who was trying her best to do better no matter how hard it was for her, she looks at Flake who probably did worse than her yet kept going, and Celestia, regal and wise who can somehow find it in her heart to forgive her despite the horror her actions almost caused.
    "......Thank you. All of you. I am very lucky to have met you all. It is days like this I wonder if Gero kidnapping me was a blessing or a curse, but know that the answer will never truly be certain. All I know is that if you truly think I'm worth being your friend- then who am I to disagree with the consensus? I am clearly outvoted. and yes....I'll have to train to gain more control over that form."
    She takes another deep breath and the steel returns to her eyes. Time to get back to business.
    "but while that fight was awesome up until those final few moments- I'm going to have to state truthfully that it was kind of stupid. Hailing is still on Earth and I nearly screwed everything up by killing the one man that knows him well enough to do anything about it. I'm thinking more and more that if we do not find some way getting that solved, the more likely another stupid incident could occur that could ruin everything. Problem is,
    I still have no idea where to start solving it, just seems like a situation to wait out.....wait Celestia why are you here? I mean I'm thankful that you are here and that I got to see you do an awesome, but why did you come here in the first place? I doubt it was just to see me and Apfel almost kill each other."
    Scrapped line:

"That was pretty sweet," she admitted, a smile playing across her face. Then she cleared her throat, as though trying to cover up her previous statement. "Erm, I mean, indeed. I received your letter and came as quickly as I could...."

EDIT: I was thinking about making a rebel Arcosian to join the Earth Defense Force, so that they could have an alien ambassador on board, but I'm not sure if I should. I'm a bit worried about oversaturation and all....

(As for Katnip, I'm ... still working on introducing her. The situation just keeps seeming like a bad time for it....)
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-04-23 at 10:57 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

So, late to the party, but that struggle between Celestia and the giant destructo disk? BGM (up through 1:42).
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

cool cool.

To be honest, I'm running out of jokes for Nesuto, so his fight is probably going to end soon.

The next fight up is Tarasai Vs. Yankar. Now. the problem with this fight is that its supposed to be wuxia as all get out. since I legit did not know Hailing was going to be there at the time of planning it, I don't know he will react to it, and I'm not sure how low-powered they can keep it when Tarasai and Yankar won't just be fighting out their fists, but their philosophies as well. Meaning its not going to be silly- the silly goofy fights as always, get shaved away for the later more serious tournament fights. Since neither are parody characters and Yankar can't be silly to save his life, he fight between them is going to be fierce. not out of control- they are both disciplined martial artists- but fierce.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Well, Hailing gets to see that there can be serious martial artists on Earth in addition to silly parodies of fighters. As long as they don't go chucking giant explosive ki blasts at each other, I don't think Hailing would bother asking for a power level check on them. He hasn't bothered with netsuo's fight so far and the dude has been tossing destructo disks and other #donotsteal moves.

19. - Top - End - #979

If they stick to a fight between two 20k combatants, Hailing won't try to sense their power, but if Yankar uses his full power, nothing'll stop him.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

Okay cool, Tarasai has that on lockdown.

Waiting on Hawkflight to respond with Tigra BTW.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm still kiiiiiind of waiting on a Dr. Whooves post, since I imagine he might have some kind of reaction to the ship's proper operation being smooth and seemingly simple. And last I checked he was going to ride along with max on the ship.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Titan in the Playground

I am mostly waiting for 23 and 22's reaction to troll muffin.

Oh. BTW, would 22 and 23 cosplay as Muffet?

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    I am mostly waiting for 23 and 22's reaction to troll muffin.

Oh. BTW, would 22 and 23 cosplay as Muffet?
    I will react to that just to keep things going a little.

while Muffet......the spider gal queen? It depends on what purpose its for normal reasons or if its battle, the benefit of that specific Cosplay. the number of cosplay you can viably use is not unlimited.

but if I were to make a write-up of that specific Cosplay:

Muffet Cosplay
    Spoiler
    Show
    You take on the Cosplay of Muffet, the cute but greedy spider queen of Undertale! In this Cosplay, you cannot fire any ki blast not connected by a purple string. The Cosplay's strategy is to fill the battlefield with purple webs through your spider-shaped ki blasts travel through while poisoning and immobilizing your foe. A cosplay of control and gradually wearing down your opponent as they are caught in your web, it is not fast by means of the word, but it gets the job done. The weaknesses of the style are:
    -spiders of any sort. Muffet cannot harm any being of arachnid descent or relating to spiders in any way. a simple Spiderman costume would be enough to shield you from their attacks, this includes people that have eaten the cosplayers spider cooking
    -styles of perseverance and endurance that can weather the storm with ease, as well as regenerators and unlimited energy drives
    -weakness to money-based attacks, as the more money you have, the more power you have to make Muffet go away.

Abilities:
    Supernatural Spider Cooking:
    can conjure various delectable food and dishes made entirely out of and only spiders.

Purple Webbing Terraforming:
    Covers the battlefield in purple webbing through which you can send ki-blasts through.

Purple Heart Lock Down:
    An attack where one you catch someone in your web and give them a purple heart, immobilizing them at first and when they break out, making them unable to move outside the lines of the web for the duration of the battle. Can attempt to reapply immobilization if used a second time.

Purple Spider Flurry:
    Sends a bunch of spider-blasts through the web at your foes, they deal small damage but with enough attacks the damage adds up.

Giant Spider Muffin:
    Sends a powerful spider-muffin shaped ki blasts through the web that will relentlessly chase your foe wherever they go.

Your Already Gone Poison:
    Can fire special three spider blasts that poison the foe if they hit. the poison works gradually, dazing the mind and slowing movement even further. as well as damage.

Instead Of Tea, I'll Drink Your Tears Drain:
    While the foe is immobilized by Purple Heart Lock Down, one can use this ultimate move to start gradually draining the life force from the foe

So it could be viable if they need to wear down the opponent over time. I don't know if this Cosplay would've worked on say Apfel though, it seems a pretty similar strategy to Captain Asalute's so considering that Apfel has faced him before and seemingly came out on top...might be a good 22 cosplay, I'm planning on 23 getting a Ninja Cosplay after Hailing for obvious reasons, and not the naruto kind, I mean classic pop culture ninja, black outfit, ninjato, the works.

24. - Top - End - #984

Against Apfel it might actually be pretty effective, if only because he has trouble against flurries of attacks which seems to be the cosplay's main method of damage-dealing.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ettin in the Playground

Somewhere, Raijin's ghost is giving Android 23 a thumbs-up.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

26. - Top - End - #986

So I had an idea regarding the fate of Hailing...

Spoiler: Keeper of the Heart of Arcos
    Show

The Arcos System's star is a small Red Dwarf that orbits around the significantly more massive Gas Hypergiant of Arcos whose mass is measured in Solar Masses. Indeed, this planet is larger than most stars in the known universe. The only thing preventing it from becoming a star itself is the abundance of heavier gasses and the comparative lack of hydrogen that prevented the cascade of nuclear fusion that creates stars. But the world still burns with solar fire. Deep in its core, a phenomenon unique to Arcos has occurred, where a miniature star burns inside the center of the colossal world, simply known as Core Fusion. It is this core that is the primary source of heat and light to the world, and has been, throughout Arcos' history, a subject of interest, including that of religious sects who saw the 'Heart of Arcos' as the domain of ancient Gods.

Though numerous scientific inquiries have long ago explained the physics behind the Heart of Arcos, the consensus is that the miniature stellar furnace should have died a long time ago. Indeed, there have been made plans to capture and cannibalize small stars, including the Arcos System's Red Dwarf, into the core of Arcos to keep the fires ablaze. The technology exists, but the necessity hasn't, for reasons no scientist has been able to explain with any certainty.

The truth is that the ancient Arcosian religions weren't too far off. The Heart of Arcos is the domain of Arcos' Guardian, the Keeper of the Heart. An Arcosian of immeasurable power who uses their strength and power to keep the fire alive with their own energy and life-force in exchange for a greatly extended lifespan, allowing Keepers to survive for centuries. Furthermore, they are immune to damage from heat, and are capable of passing through stars unharmed, though very few have been known to do so. The title of Keeper has been passed down from Arcosian to Arcosian, who selects their successor from their world's most vile and powerful villains. The Heart of Arcos burns brightest on the fuel of the evil within its Keepers' hearts. So as the Heart burns away the darkness within its keepers, so to does it have permanent effects on the Keepers. They are wracked in constant pain, having internalized a small fragment of the Heart within themselves, they are continuously ablaze with inextinguishable flame. Though many at first will seek to escape their fate, once so branded by the incumbent Keeper, their only hope is to accept their fate and take the agony as part of their greater duty to the quadrillions of Arcosians on the planet, the Heart burning away at the evil inside of them. In a way, this is a last chance at redemption for these villains.

Once the last of their evil has been burned, the Heart will burn at the Keeper's body, making use of the Keeper's Ki as fuel, before finally using the Keeper's flesh. At this stage, the Keeper is physically dying a death that could take decades. A wise Keeper will have already selected and branded a successor by this point, as they will have accepted their greater duty that will outlive them. Once so killed, the Heart will continue to burn the body as fuel until there is nothing left, at which point the successor's heart is the next to burn.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    So I had an idea regarding the fate of Hailing...

Spoiler: Keeper of the Heart of Arcos
    Show

The Arcos System's star is a small Red Dwarf that orbits around the significantly more massive Gas Hypergiant of Arcos whose mass is measured in Solar Masses. Indeed, this planet is larger than most stars in the known universe. The only thing preventing it from becoming a star itself is the abundance of heavier gasses and the comparative lack of hydrogen that prevented the cascade of nuclear fusion that creates stars. But the world still burns with solar fire. Deep in its core, a phenomenon unique to Arcos has occurred, where a miniature star burns inside the center of the colossal world, simply known as Core Fusion. It is this core that is the primary source of heat and light to the world, and has been, throughout Arcos' history, a subject of interest, including that of religious sects who saw the 'Heart of Arcos' as the domain of ancient Gods.

Though numerous scientific inquiries have long ago explained the physics behind the Heart of Arcos, the consensus is that the miniature stellar furnace should have died a long time ago. Indeed, there have been made plans to capture and cannibalize small stars, including the Arcos System's Red Dwarf, into the core of Arcos to keep the fires ablaze. The technology exists, but the necessity hasn't, for reasons no scientist has been able to explain with any certainty.

The truth is that the ancient Arcosian religions weren't too far off. The Heart of Arcos is the domain of Arcos' Guardian, the Keeper of the Heart. An Arcosian of immeasurable power who uses their strength and power to keep the fire alive with their own energy and life-force in exchange for a greatly extended lifespan, allowing Keepers to survive for centuries. Furthermore, they are immune to damage from heat, and are capable of passing through stars unharmed, though very few have been known to do so. The title of Keeper has been passed down from Arcosian to Arcosian, who selects their successor from their world's most vile and powerful villains. The Heart of Arcos burns brightest on the fuel of the evil within its Keepers' hearts. So as the Heart burns away the darkness within its keepers, so to does it have permanent effects on the Keepers. They are wracked in constant pain, having internalized a small fragment of the Heart within themselves, they are continuously ablaze with inextinguishable flame. Though many at first will seek to escape their fate, once so branded by the incumbent Keeper, their only hope is to accept their fate and take the agony as part of their greater duty to the quadrillions of Arcosians on the planet, the Heart burning away at the evil inside of them. In a way, this is a last chance at redemption for these villains.

Once the last of their evil has been burned, the Heart will burn at the Keeper's body, making use of the Keeper's Ki as fuel, before finally using the Keeper's flesh. At this stage, the Keeper is physically dying a death that could take decades. A wise Keeper will have already selected and branded a successor by this point, as they will have accepted their greater duty that will outlive them. Once so killed, the Heart will continue to burn the body as fuel until there is nothing left, at which point the successor's heart is the next to burn.
    Oh. Good to know. And that why, I never specified where Trombone is crossified, originally I planned it to be Arcos. But there are enough planets in the galaxy.

Edit: I liked Muffet's cosplay! She could fit for inside-battles.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2017-04-29 at 07:30 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

Really sorry for taking so long, my job search kinda kicked into high gear. I hope to have a reply up shortly.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

Reposting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    I was thinking about making a rebel Arcosian to join the Earth Defense Force, so that they could have an alien ambassador on board, but I'm not sure if I should. I'm a bit worried about oversaturation and all....

(As for Katnip, I'm ... still working on introducing her. The situation just keeps seeming like a bad time for it....)
    Also, Raz, I had a fun idea, but it would require collaboration in order to pull off, since you're the one who controls 23.

Spoiler: For Android Eyes Only~
    Show
    So, Celestia can probably figure out the soda is a prank (never prank a prankster, after all~). What if she turned it around and pranked 23? She could cast a spell on herself to sort of "turn off" her taste buds, sip the drink, and be like, "That was refreshing, thank you." Then 23 wonders if she made it wrong, takes a sip, and gets a mouthful of trollgrape soda for her troubles. And Celestia is just sitting there like, "Gotcha. "

What do you think?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #990
    Titan in the Playground

On Rebel Arcosian: Eh, popular choice of character is popular, nothing more. Personally I'm of the opinion that popularity shouldn't influence whether you like and want to play something. if you want to play it, play it. Just as long as you can handle it.

On Katnip: well shes Time Patrol. everything on the brink of disaster and potentially go off the timeline we the players of this game has planned to happen, might just be the perfect time for her to show up. Like, we were just supposed to let Hailing be and everything would be fine but the timeline is off with the theft of the Dragon Balls, and thats not good, while Shanakans fate sight doesn't seem to be doing enough to keep things on track- and thats the entire point of Shanakans fate sight. like this might be a time when the TP can actually help for once with actually keeping time on track- our track.

@: the Android thing.....kay sure. that'll work.