New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Hailing's Royal Guard, including Captain Asalute, and what ever reinforcements come in through the teleporter. Though in the interest of making it not just a big curb-stomp battle as large numbers of the ELF are past 1 mil in PL, i'm gonna give a power boost to Captain Asalute, who was previously stated at 350k. Needless to say, he found a use for the Hyperbolic Time Chamber beyond just aging liquor.
    Knew Max should have just rushed in there and blocked the door from the other side...oh well. I suppose it not being a curb stomp is fair :P

With Tigra and her Celestial Guard, it sounds like we're going to have some fairly epic struggles erupting in the background of the more major fights going on. Which is good, because it means Max doesn't have to multiform to take on an army.

Also, Frozen Feet: Would King Kai have been up for training Fenrir on his planet during the time skip? I left it somewhat vague on the timeskip post I made, and am willing to change it to Max 'kidnapping' Fenrir off to a random planet for training if King Kai wouldn't be up for that. I kind of operated on the assumption that he doesn't mind company, and that Fenrir wouldn't be terrible company. Also, it would have given Max a chance to properly go over the Instant Transmission with King Kai, and how the technique was taught to him, and why his involves a lot of physics knowledge instead of 'just turn yourself into energy and move faster than fast to reach the location, then revert back to physical'. You know...because that's totally a safe way to get around. Max's is more 'wrap yourself in your energy, tune it to the right frequency to unravel fourth dimensional space nearby yourself and at the target location, proceed through unraveled fourth dimensional space to target location.' Which is rather less likely to splinch yourself or accidentally scatter your energy form across the entire universe.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Speaking of which, what about Fenrir's army? I presume it's separate from Tigra's Celestial Guard, with the latter being a dedicated army in defense of the kami and kais and the former being more dedicated to the defense of mankind in general, right? So we've got Luxana as the leader, than below her the elites (Tigra, Fenrir, Puffy, Fuzzy, Yankar, Max, Yankar, the Juggernaut, and those two guys from the tournament), then the Celestial Guard, then Fenrir's army?

Also, what about the Red Planet Army? Should we call in their ships to aid in the battle for Earth?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

4. - Top - End - #1294

RedWizardGuy

Emperor Ing, do you want to set the stage for the battle at the lookout, or are we waiting until things get rolling with the Hailing fight?

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Ing. Before I post, I would like to say that there's a small side RP I'd like to do with Hailing, if that's okay. I mean, it won't make me wait to post in the main thread, but it's something that might be briefly referenced. Basically, I remember you saying that Hailing's forces surrounded the Lookout with a death field, and I'd like to do a brief side RP where Starlight meets with Hailing and asks him to tone it down so it won't harm any of the local animals, in exchange for not putting up any resistance or causing trouble.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    Emperor Ing, do you want to set the stage for the battle at the lookout, or are we waiting until things get rolling with the Hailing fight?
    I...don't know if I could. I'll explain what the Lookout's deal is and the Empire's defences: It contains hi-tech sensors that can detect movement across the whole of Earth, but of interest is the 'death field' within a two-mile radius of the Lookout. Every living animal that enters, be it a wandering deer or a migratory flock, is blasted into bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Hey Ing. Before I post, I would like to say that there's a small side RP I'd like to do with Hailing, if that's okay. I mean, it won't make me wait to post in the main thread, but it's something that might be briefly referenced. Basically, I remember you saying that Hailing's forces surrounded the Lookout with a death field, and I'd like to do a brief side RP where Starlight meets with Hailing and asks him to tone it down so it won't harm any of the local animals, in exchange for not putting up any resistance or causing trouble.
    By all means, let's do it.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

By all means, let's do it.
    Cool, cool. Where would Hailing be?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #1298

Cool, cool. Where would Hailing be?
    Let's say the Emperor's Vanity, directly above the lookout in low geosync orbit. For the sake of simplicity, let's assume that Starlight has already scheduled a meeting to which the Emperor agreed.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

I was just going to have her show up unannounced, but that works too if you prefer.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-08-23 at 12:59 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

10. - Top - End - #1300

I was just going to have her show up unannounced, but that works too if you prefer.
    Actually I like an unannounced entrance better.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

oh!
    By the way, is Apfel coming with 23? Let Tsarbone join the mess?
    Does Arctic need a rival too?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

12. - Top - End - #1302

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    oh!
    By the way, is Apfel coming with 23? Let Tsarbone join the mess?
    Does Arctic need a rival too?
    Don't stress yourself with coming up with ideas, but if you could come up with something for Artic that would be appreciated.

And yes, Apfel is with 23.

13. - Top - End - #1303

RedWizardGuy

Hmmmm, Death Field you say? That sounds like a job for Yankar...and punching. And Yankar!

And no, I'm kidding, that sounds like a job for turning the Death Field off. Is it being projected from the ship in orbit, or does it have stuff set up on it that's projecting the field?

14. - Top - End - #1304

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    Hmmmm, Death Field you say? That sounds like a job for Yankar...and punching. And Yankar!

And no, I'm kidding, that sounds like a job for turning the Death Field off. Is it being projected from the ship in orbit, or does it have stuff set up on it that's projecting the field?
    It's just sensors tied to turrets mounted on to the lookout. Disabling the sensors, smashing all the turrets, or disabling the protocol through the Arcosians' computers would do the trick. It's really nothing fancy.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-08-24 at 12:53 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Titan in the Playground

Sigh.
    Somehow managed to get ninjaed. I should probbaly edit.

Ing- Ok. I was considering Slushie, but Nah ah dude. he just for chills... He doesn't have it in him to fight to the very end

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll get a post in in the morning, try not to move to far ahead without me.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ettin in the Playground

@Sagetim: King Kai would've been fine with training Fenrir.

@Hawkflight:
    Also, what about the Red Planet Army? Should we call in their ships to aid in the battle for Earth?
    They established they'd wait for Apfel's signal before doing away with Emperor's Vanity and cutting Arcosian communications.

They won't do a thing while Hailing, Starlight etc. obstacles are still on board of the ship.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

18. - Top - End - #1308

RedWizardGuy

Ah, finally things start on Earth. While I kind of figure the Death Field is going to not shoot the Lookout itself (say, if something rushses in fast enough and lands on it), I figured leaving that open would give Ing more reaction space for the post I made. I'm also rather expecting Yankar to be either fratchy about actually buckling up and putting on a space suit, or very blase about the whole affair until he can get close enough to punch something.

edit: Just saw that my post was late to the party, adjusting it now.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-08-27 at 07:36 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

I know it's a bit late with this, but should I have one of my characters try to sneak aboard and disable the turrets?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

You could describe it as part of the past:
    "Tigra greeted her allies from within- " sorry I didn't waited for you"

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #1311

RedWizardGuy

I mean, I tried to leave it ambiguous to a degree about the turrets, but if you think Dr. Whooves or someone would have snuck in to shut down the turrets, I don't have a problem with that at all. I've been operating on the assumption that they aren't a major threat to anyone with a significant power level, since they have scouter capability and a defense team that includes homeworld arcosians with significant power levels. And as demonstrated, they have a massed person attack ready to throw at intruding forces.

Also, I'm happy that the ball is rolling for the Earth side of things now. yey.

22. - Top - End - #1312

Weapons tech has lagged significantly behind ki. While exceptions exist, well, there's a reason why anyone with a power-level above 0.9 Raditzes didn't use those wrist-blasters in DBZ. Against animals, the death field is devastating, but against anyone else, well, the worst that'll happen is they'll hit you in the eye, which is mildly irritating.

23. - Top - End - #1313

RedWizardGuy

heheh, I find it funny that apparently Max flying in with a ship merited no response from the Arcosian forces at The Lookout. I suppose that just means he and Yankar will be exiting the ship and making a nonchalant entrance towards the room with the teleporter in it. Don't mind us, we're just apparently low power level humans with some rock music and audacity.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-08-28 at 06:51 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1314

Your post read like a wall of text, it was hard to parse your post. I gathered that Max's ship landed on to the lookout, and he was blasting Twisted Sister.

25. - Top - End - #1315

RedWizardGuy

Your post read like a wall of text, it was hard to parse your post. I gathered that Max's ship landed on to the lookout, and he was blasting Twisted Sister.
    Ah, yeah. And a short speech about not accepting the Arcosian claim on Earth. I'll spoiler it a bit to help parse the sections out more. He's kind of blasting the entire planet with rock music at the moment (with Twisted Sister being the go to for rebelling/rejecting authority).

26. - Top - End - #1316

I can edit my post as well. Just to clarify, he's coming from above, right? Or in an up-direction?

27. - Top - End - #1317

RedWizardGuy

Yeah, I figured the death field turrets were deployed in a spherical grid around The Lookout, so Max was aiming to crash through one to a few of them on the way down from space.

Edit: Realized I hadn't clarified- Yes, from an up direction. Directly up if he can, but if their ship is in the way, then from an angle to slip past any Arcosian Ship there and land.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-08-28 at 08:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1318

I imagine the bulk of the Death Field turrets are mounted on the underside of the Lookout. Only a few of them are on the topside.

Actually I meant to ask that because of THE Arcosian ship in space. Specifically, the Emperor's Vanity using its point-defense weapons against Max's ship which will arguably be far more effective than the Death Field turrets.

edit: made edits to my post
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-08-28 at 09:02 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1319

RedWizardGuy

Ah, then yeah, he's probably not hitting any of the turrets on the way in. I was figuring that even if the ship was firing on Max with ship mounted weapons, they would probably have trouble penetrating the shields. Mostly because there's a strong emphasis on using ships to get around, instead of using them for attacks (after all, you have ki users for powerful attacks). And I figured that the ship Max put together probably has good enough shields to get it to landing on The Lookout, even if they'd be overwhelmed from a continuous barrage once stationary.

I'm figuring that worst case scenario, if the Emperor's Vanity kept shooting the ship after Max landed, it would probably ping down the shields in short order and leave Max and Yankar to have to walk out of an explosion.

That said, they're probably going to have some trouble incoming from the Mars Robot Society*. I think FF was going to have the androids strike the Vanity around the time when combat started happening on Earth.

Spoiler: Note on the satellites
    Show
    As a note: Max set up the satellites to be programmed with basically just play, skip, and stop controls. They don't have programming so much as hardwired functions and a set play list. And while they do accept signals from outside sources, they don't really have an os that can be interacted with. Just 3 particular frequencies they interpret as instructions. After "We're Not Gonna Take It" there will be like, one or two other songs, then they'll just turn off. The projectors were set up to just relay the image from the top of The Lookout, more or less. So they're kind of frustratingly dumb little satellites. And Max made a second, smaller batch of them to deploy on Arcos to deliver a different ultimatum and play a few different songs. After all, fights should have background music as far as Max is concerned.

*Red Planet Army, whose name I only remembered after writing that.

edit: I'm going to wait until Raz's next post, in case they want to get something rolling with Yankar, and to give Frozen Feet some time to get a post rolling for the RPA if they want that to deploy around this timing.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-08-28 at 10:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Titan in the Playground

I was just waiting for everyone to catch up and sort things out so that I don't speed ahead, and to make sure all the confusion is hammered out. lets see what I can do here.....
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".