New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Ah, it took me a second read through to realize that Yankar was exiting the ship early to confront the Arcosian ship in orbit, right?

Well, if he's up there, and the forces on the Lookout are busy in a massive flying brawl, then Max can whistle innocently and walk casual as he heads for the transporter. You know, depending on if there's anyone still in the actual Lookout itself.

Edit: Ing's post clarified what's going on for me, looks like a fight on the top of the lookout then.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-08-31 at 08:00 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim
    ...give Frozen Feet some time to get a post rolling for the RPA if they want that to deploy around this timing.
    Meh.

All the good ideas I had for them have been obsoleted by the changing situation. I may drop in if I get another one. But don't wait for me on anything. Just continue as you like, presume my characters remain on the background without doing anything unless I get off my behind to actually make them do something.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #1323

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Meh.

All the good ideas I had for them have been obsoleted by the changing situation. I may drop in if I get another one. But don't wait for me on anything. Just continue as you like, presume my characters remain on the background without doing anything unless I get off my behind to actually make them do something.
    Okay, I hope you find some inspiration to jump on in then.

4. - Top - End - #1324

RedWizardGuy

As an out of character note: I don't think the shuttle Max built for landing on The Lookout would necessarily have the planet Hailing is on in it's navigational computer. After all, it was only really made to go from Mars to Earth. It may not even have a true FTL drive on it. Though that's not necessarily something Yankar nor Asalute would be aware of. It was rather more important for it to have shields, armor, an inertial dampener, etc.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm gonna be honest, i'm not sure destroying the teleporter will have the effects Max thinks it will. They've already built at least one, so they know how to make them and link them together across light-years. Given that the Digital Age is ancient history to the Arcosians, they probably have that information backed up.

Not that's that's necessarily a bad thing, if Hailing is defeated and intergalactic civilization becomes more benevolent, then whether or not they have teleporters shouldn't matter, though teleporters would, for sure, make space-travel obsolete.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

6. - Top - End - #1326

RedWizardGuy

Yeah, Max isn't planning to just go there and steal their transporter, because they've had more than enough time to copy it and make backups of the data. He's figuring that going there and being a pain in the ass about it long enough might provide a means of raising a lawsuit against the Arcosian Empire for the theft of heritage technology. Or he can at least cause a ruckus until the Arcosians get the point that sending goon squads to mess with Earth is not going to go unpunished.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground

Hawkflight asked me, to say that she is been through IRL troubles, she is alirght and wil try to post ASAP
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

8. - Top - End - #1328

Well that's good news at least.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for the delay. I've been busy between looking for work and discovering that I may have a medical condition, though I don't want to say anything until I know for sure. (Nothing imminent, but something that might need to be addressed in the long term.)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1330

RedWizardGuy

Well, at least you're posting again. So welcome back.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Titan in the Playground

Glad to have you back, hope things will go well for you, hawkflight.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome back. Hope you feel well

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #1333

RedWizardGuy

I just have to say: lol, the gentleman. Now if only I didn't have a sore throat that made it hurt to laugh.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Titan in the Playground

Is FF still here somewhere?

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #1335

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    I just have to say: lol, the gentleman. Now if only I didn't have a sore throat that made it hurt to laugh.
    Um, sorry?

Also, I am strongly leaning towards Sir Martin Lucifer's suggestion of a Moustache Contest deciding the fate of Earth. Certainly it'll give the Knight the chance to fight Arcosians on not only equal terms, but to legitimize his status as the Hero of Earth. And besides, it's frickin' hilarious

16. - Top - End - #1336

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Um, sorry?

Also, I am strongly leaning towards Sir Martin Lucifer's suggestion of a Moustache Contest deciding the fate of Earth. Certainly it'll give the Knight the chance to fight Arcosians on not only equal terms, but to legitimize his status as the Hero of Earth. And besides, it's frickin' hilarious
    Oh, I think that could work out great, especially if Asalute is entirely too distracted by the prospect that Max might be able to heal his disorder. I haven't gotten the vibe that the Arcosian Empire is any better than the PTO when it comes to ki healing techniques. So while the big power levels are having a discussion that's rather off topic, the true heroes of their worlds step up to compare moustachedness!

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Titan in the Playground

I am quite happy you have enjoyed it.

Plot Armor could easily get annoying.
    But maybe self awarness heal that.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #1338

Plot armor can be fun if done right. See Mr. Satan and Ciaphis Cain for example.

I had one idea where the proposition is made to Asalute and Luxana. Asalute will be reluctant, but Max can sneak-attack heal him which, though he'll react negatively to it at first, once he realizes that he HAS been healed, he'll be thankful enough to accept the deal, should Luxana agree as well.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Titan in the Playground

accept what deal? to decide the fate of the world through moo-staaaaaaache?

sure, she'll agree, but only if Shanakan can take part in this.

20. - Top - End - #1340

That sounds reasonable. However we will need to find an impartial third-party both Luxana and Asalute can agree to to judge.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Titan in the Playground

how about
    ?

amd FF has quitted?

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, Ing. Just a thought -- if Apfel doesn't, in fact, use a senzu bean, Starlight can go over and heal him with her magic, thus providing an excuse for her not to attempt to immediately finish Hailing off mid-transformation with another barrage of magic swords. Plus, it would be a good chance for her to fulfill her original role in this fight as the white mage. Or at least the OG red mage.

Also, question. I have stated that Starlight's Rainbow Power form grants her allies a power boost, but how much of a power boost should it actually be? And as an aside, how much of a power boost does everyone else's super forms grant them?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-09-28 at 10:14 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #1343

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Hey, Ing. Just a thought -- if Apfel doesn't, in fact, use a senzu bean, Starlight can go over and heal him with her magic, thus providing an excuse for her not to attempt to immediately finish Hailing off mid-transformation with another barrage of magic swords. Plus, it would be a good chance for her to fulfill her original role in this fight as the white mage. Or at least the OG red mage.
    Actually I like that better. I'll edit my post.

edit: Done. Also, Apfel's Awakened form gets him to 200 million.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-09-28 at 10:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

Amusingly, I would like to point out that this is technically the third time Lord Apfel, extremely powerful alien and segmentum governor of over a thousand worlds, has had his life saved this RP, each time by ponies.

....Also, this mustache contest really makes me want to introduce the ancestor of a certain fabulously-mustached pony.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-09-28 at 11:20 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #1345

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post

Also, question. I have stated that Starlight's Rainbow Power form grants her allies a power boost, but how much of a power boost should it actually be? And as an aside, how much of a power boost does everyone else's super forms grant them?
    I mean, if it's a team buff, then 1.5x or 2x that stacks with others seems pretty solid. I imagine it would buff Starlight's own power level or what have you a bit more than that though.

At the moment, Max is using the Kaioken as his 'transformation' option. From training with it, and ki control, he's currently able to sustain it at x10 in fights (through the same trick Goku was using to keep it active at x20 when he fought Freeza). While keeping it on at x5 has gotten to be fairly normal for him. This is also why Yankar is at 20 million baseline, he's been sparring with Max and stubbornly refuses any kind of 'crutch' like transformation.

Max could boost to x20 for short bursts, but it would eat through his stamina like nobody's business.

As for everyone else, I recall that 22 was going to get a first transformation during the fight with Hailing that's roughly equivalent to Super Saiyan, to the tune of a x50 boost to power level.

So, given the multipliers that other transformations are going to involve, a 1.5x or 2x that stacks on top of others seems pretty solid.

edit: Also, I think your post says Apfel instead of Hailing there. Because it goes from wanting to slice Apfel apart before he can power up to healing Apfel with magic horn power. lol.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-09-29 at 08:18 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    amd FF has quitted?
    As noted, all my interesting ideas have been obsoleted and I have nothing really to add to the current scenario. I occasionally look this way but don't wait for me to do anything.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    I mean, if it's a team buff, then 1.5x or 2x that stacks with others seems pretty solid. I imagine it would buff Starlight's own power level or what have you a bit more than that though.

edit: Also, I think your post says Apfel instead of Hailing there. Because it goes from wanting to slice Apfel apart before he can power up to healing Apfel with magic horn power. lol.
    Oops. XD

I was thinking the boost to her power level would be roughly dependant on how many allies she has, though perhaps diminishing returns should kick in at some point? Or perhaps that's just too complicated and I should make it a static number, but she can't use it if she feels all alone.

Also, for clarification, my latest post is basically reaching out the hoof of friendship/forgiveness to Tsarbone. So if you want to give him a redemption, this is a good opportunity.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Titan in the Playground

Would you believe me if I told you I have a computer that connects to the Hypernet exactly 498 years, 2 months, and 11 days into the future? And does Hailing use it to educate himself on future events by tapping into a vast, ever-expanding archive of history, philosophy, or politics, or otherwise use the knowledge of the future at his fingertips to solve sociological, medical, scientific, and other conondrums, or even get one-up on his enemies by knowing exactly what their strategy is from analyses written centuries in hindsight?

Nope. He uses it to s***post dank memes and play video games.
    You mean Android 23's old laptop before she got kidnappped?

I kid I kid, that would be too ridiculous and coincidental and raise various questions involving the tech in it. The concept of a such a computer is quite ridiculous in general though. I just wanted to make the joke.

29. - Top - End - #1349

I know what Starlight is trying to do, but in terms of sheer power, a boost might be a bit too much for Hailing to handle to my satisfaction.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

I know what Starlight is trying to do, but in terms of sheer power, a boost might be a bit too much for Hailing to handle to my satisfaction.
    What do you think she's trying to do?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show