New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Who's to say that that is what causes 23 to transform? It might still be too far away, in the minutes it takes for 23 to absorb the energy, everyone else might already be dead. Maybe the Spirit Bomb is accelerating away from 23, making catching it in time improbable. Maybe absorbing that much energy might damage 23's body in some way, or something.
    I've already made my move to get 23 away from Apfel and Starlight, don't worry about it anymore, and I'm saving the Spirit Bomb for when the transformation actually happens because Vodkana's cooking boost will run out by then and 23's transformation will only get her to 150 million. the spirit bomb is supposed to be the other half.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Cool, I'll just wait for Ing to post then.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    1. I'll edit only if you have problems with my reaction, so read it.
    2. if you want.

If you think I'm stepping over any lines with my response, just let me know and I'll scale it back. the idea though is that the Time Patrol is not going to treat this as a joke even if the RPA means it as one, and thus responds accordingly because stealing divinity is a very serious thing that could screw up a lot if used by the wrong person.
    I don't have any actual problem with the severity of Time Patrol's response, I'd just preferred if Kai of Time was actually there and actually effected, mostly so that she'd personally be there to hear why this is happening. The Time Patrol holding Junior at gun-point and demanding they undo the technique, while otherwise doing the same things, would have the exact same sense of gravitas. So if I'd change something, I'd ditch the sudden shape-shifter.

This said, I can work with what I've got. So it's your call if the above change is worth it.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2017-11-02 at 02:39 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I don't have any actual problem with the severity of Time Patrol's response, I'd just preferred if Kai of Time was actually there and actually effected, mostly so that she'd personally be there to hear why this is happening. The Time Patrol holding Junior at gun-point and demanding they undo the technique, while otherwise doing the same things, would have the exact same sense of gravitas. So if I'd change something, I'd ditch the sudden shape-shifter.

This said, I can work with what I've got. So it's your call if the above change is worth it.
    Okay. got it. I'll edit it to be so. I apologize, I may have overreacted a little.

Edit: it is done.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-11-02 at 03:00 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

And this back and forth between Raz and FF is why I'm happy that I'm in This dbz forum rp, and not some other one. People talk to each other and communicate like adults and it's not all about everyone trying to have the spotlight all the time forever and engaging in rampant pvp.

As for the time chamber shenanigans, I was figuring that Max would be willing to teach Freis and Asalute if they were okay with being taught by him. I'm not sure what techniques they might be interested in, and I know there are some he wouldn't teach because he sees them as other people's techniques (like the Kaio-ken and the Spirit Bomb, for instance).

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, FF's style of roleplaying kind of irks me from time to time and I don't get his what his characters are thinking half the time, but I work through it, since I know FF doesn't do immature stuff like that. I was just surprised is all.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, juuuust be glad you weren't here in the early days. ^^;
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm pretty sure Raz was here.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground

I meant that at Sagetim.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

Update:
    I'm going to be gone for a funeral this coming monday through thursday, so thats four days when I'm not going to be able to access my computer and post. So if there is anything you wish to discuss with me, probably should do it before then so we can have a plan for it going. just a heads up.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ettin in the Playground

I was just surprised is all.
    Which is ironic, since this was supposed to be a surprise to everyone but you.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Ing, did Hailing drop the caltrop or does he still have it?

Also, I'm working on an opening post for the new thread. Do we know what we're calling it?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ettin in the Playground

It's Hailing for Christmas.

14. - Top - End - #1484

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Hey Ing, did Hailing drop the caltrop or does he still have it?
    He still has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Also, I'm working on an opening post for the new thread. Do we know what we're calling it?
    It's Hailing for Christmas.
    This has my vote.

Post incoming

15. - Top - End - #1485

RedWizardGuy

I have to third the pun, even if it will be outdated soon either from it going past christmas or hailing dying/defeated/etc.

Oh, interesting stuff going on at the Time Patrol.
    Spoiler: Cross Clan related
    Show
    If the origin of the cross clan is undecided, they might be a result of the temporal explosion that decimated Max's timeline, after all, temportal explosions have effects that reach both forwards And backwards into time. I was also figuring that if there's a Time Patrol Max, then he's probably from a slightly different iteration of his own timeline, a bit further along, and when everything exploded he wound up at the Time Patrol instead of ceasing to be. Given the forum RP that I transplanted him from had things ranging from Warhammer 40k orks in it to one punch man references to wizards with fancy top hats and edgelords with guns...have evil anti-god nameks hanging out there isn't exactly out of the question.

If you already have stuff in mind, sweet. I just figured I'd offer a stray thought.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-11-04 at 11:43 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    I have to third the pun, even if it will be outdated soon either from it going past christmas or hailing dying/defeated/etc.

Oh, interesting stuff going on at the Time Patrol.
    Spoiler: Cross Clan related
    Show
    If the origin of the cross clan is undecided, they might be a result of the temporal explosion that decimated Max's timeline, after all, temportal explosions have effects that reach both forwards And backwards into time. I was also figuring that if there's a Time Patrol Max, then he's probably from a slightly different iteration of his own timeline, a bit further along, and when everything exploded he wound up at the Time Patrol instead of ceasing to be. Given the forum RP that I transplanted him from had things ranging from Warhammer 40k orks in it to one punch man references to wizards with fancy top hats and edgelords with guns...have evil anti-god nameks hanging out there isn't exactly out of the question.

If you already have stuff in mind, sweet. I just figured I'd offer a stray thought.
    Seriously? Wh40k Orks? Dude, they already had saiyans, they are basically already anime Orks, adding wh40k ones on top of that is just redundant. and guns? 23's finger gun attacks are supposed to be based on guns and pistols, but she doesn't actually need them. what were those guys thinking?

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Titan in the Playground

ehh.. I actually sort wrote a mythological book about the Cross Clan origins.
    I can try summarize it.
    But I am sure, that Raziere would make it more funny.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    ehh.. I actually sort wrote a mythological book about the Cross Clan origins.
    I can try summarize it.
    But I am sure, that Raziere would make it more funny.
    oh come on that shouldn't stop you from trying, but ok:

Long story short: Namekian sage goes on quest to find enlightenment. Ends up rebelling against the gods because some lazy guy wanted more breaks from his job, loses against the gods, eventually goes insane and concludes that the only way to save everyone from the gods is to destroy all of existence. The Cross Clan thinks this is somehow a good idea. The end.

now that I have done this for you, would you please respond with Vodkana to Tarasai's question about who Vodkana might've accidentally chosen as her successor? you might have to check a page back or two to find the post where I sent Tarasai's question.

19. - Top - End - #1489

RedWizardGuy

Seriously? Wh40k Orks? Dude, they already had saiyans, they are basically already anime Orks, adding wh40k ones on top of that is just redundant. and guns? 23's finger gun attacks are supposed to be based on guns and pistols, but she doesn't actually need them. what were those guys thinking?
    I dunno, shenanigans I assume. There were a lot of people who came across as various kinds of edgelords there.
    Spoiler: rambling on about the two different forum rp's Max is from
    Show
    For the gun person it kind of became apparent to him After he made his character and started going on a murder spree against npcs and picked a fight with another character that 'ki infused guns' weren't actually going to be ruled as stronger than just hitting people with ki, because of the nature of the setting being DBZ.

I think there were like, 4 straight up gods of various kinds too, not to mention the planet called Colours with a ridiculous npc that was completely out of proportion to the player base running some kind of cult with indoctrination and trying to invade Earth.

And then there was the reboot of that forum, run by a GM who split off from the previous forum because the Admin was corrupt, or at least corrupt enough, and in that one, power levels were no longer restricted in the same way (instead of getting something like 100 power level per post for completed threads, and bonuses for writing up quests, you'd get 1,000 or something, and characters who converted over got a favorable conversion rate, Max shot up from around 80k to like, 25 million). Super Forms also had more to cannon multipliers, and had mastery ranks that improved the multiplier for that form. There's a reason I didn't try to move that version of Max over to this RP, his power level would have been completely out of sync with everyone, but he might make for a fine Time Patroller. That second one is also where time was freaked and space was bendable, where the timeline had gotten a reboot stamp in the zaniest manner possible: time compressed and flexed and the year advanced by a thousand years, but in the interim civilizations galaxy wide had been knocked back into a previous era of technology and had to build back up from there, effectively erasing the threats that had plagued the first forum, with a few hold overs here and there. Like Max, whose entry to the second forum rp was having his ship get struck by temporal waves while in hyperspace and getting back to Earth a thousand years later than he was supposed to (and finding an Earth Space Defense Force, with police vessels, wondering why he had no license).

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Titan in the Playground

oh come on that shouldn't stop you from trying, but ok:

Long story short: Namekian sage goes on quest to find enlightenment. Ends up rebelling against the gods because some lazy guy wanted more breaks from his job, loses against the gods, eventually goes insane and concludes that the only way to save everyone from the gods is to destroy all of existence. The Cross Clan thinks this is somehow a good idea. The end.

now that I have done this for you, would you please respond with Vodkana to Tarasai's question about who Vodkana might've accidentally chosen as her successor? you might have to check a page back or two to find the post where I sent Tarasai's question.
    Vodkana is in a middle of torture right now..
    I think?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

21. - Top - End - #1491

I...am perfectly okay with Orks in my DBZ.

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Titan in the Playground

I...am perfectly okay with Orks in my DBZ.
    I am too, its just that its redundant. like, a saiyan and an Ork in the same room would basically be a nonstop bragging/fighting session that would just spiral out of control one way or another. I pretty sure they are the only two races in all of existence that would be perfectly happy being at war with each other forever. their "negotiations" would be arranging epic battles like playdates so as to build a mutual friendship through fighting. I think the real difference between them would be that Orks would be more likely to make cyborgs to match saiyan strength (do we even WANT to think what an Ork super form would be?), while saiyans are bound by sexual reproduction, so it becomes a question of whether Saiyans can replenish their numbers fast enough to keep up with Ork biology.....but then again, the great apes might even it out. also saiyans seem to be capable of living and thinking like a rational human being even if it comes harder to them while Orks are just a nonstop biological machine of war.

The REAL question is, how long until the two races get wiped out by an annoyed God of Destruction for their constant fighting bringing down their Universes statistics?

23. - Top - End - #1493

There is nothing in that entire post that is an argument against bringing Orks to Universe 13, as everything you just described sounds awesome.

I'm not suggesting we ACTUALLY do this, obviously, it's just fun to think about.

As for Ork super forms, I think it's quite simple actually: They jus' git biggah.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-11-04 at 08:01 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1494

RedWizardGuy

There is nothing in that entire post that is an argument against bringing Orks to Universe 13, as everything you just described sounds awesome.

I'm not suggesting we ACTUALLY do this, obviously, it's just fun to think about.

As for Ork super forms, I think it's quite simple actually: They jus' git biggah.
    That is how the guy who was insisting on 40k stuff had them function, as their power level went up, they just got bigger. Constantly.

If Orks were ever added as something that exists in U13, two things would make it viable: A) they would have started with spores that got carried along in the temporal explosion that took out Max's timeline, and could thus arrive anywhen and anywhere.

But for story telling purposes, they would probably need to land somewhere basically uninhabited, like a distant galaxy, or their WAAGH would get nipped in the bud by a god of destruction or would overwhelm the rest of the galaxy for a Bad End, etc.

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Titan in the Playground

How about we just put Orks meeting Saiyans on the "possible things we can do that could be fun" list, and not worry about actually doing it until we at least get past 23 going full rainbow goat godsona on Hailing's ass.

another idea is that the Orks and Saiyans could agree to both become mercenaries for other races who want to go to war so that they get to fight all the battles and the usual armies don't since they figure that while other races hate to go to war, they don't, so why not make sure they get all the war that other people don't want and get paid for it at the same time? a sort of way to control their war-lust towards productive ends by making sure they are the only two races fighting.

Edit: oh so they would just bigger? thats actually a point in the saiyans favor: giant forms tend to not work well when used, but then again Saiyan Saga Vegeta used Great Ape to beat Goku....and Bergamo did have that unique ability of his...
    so if a fighter on the level of Bergamo can use it well enough to get near Goku's level, who am I to say how good it is? even if Goku did win against that by exploiting how wide open a giant form makes you.....but then again, Orks can regenerate or at least heal faster than most, so they might be able to make giant forms work?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-11-04 at 08:47 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1496

How about we just put Orks meeting Saiyans on the "possible things we can do that could be fun" list, and not worry about actually doing it until we at least get past 23 going full rainbow goat godsona on Hailing's ass.
    That's for the best.

Orks vs Saiyans I think would be a Quality vs Quantity. Individually, Ork Boyz probably won't do well against Saiyans even without Oozaru form, probably only Nobz and Bosses being able to match them. Plus, Orks might not be native ki-users which puts another advantage to Saiyans, though the Orkz compensate with a technological edge (inasmuch as anything an Ork builds or manufactures could be considered "technology.") Oozaru is a huge edge Saiyans would have, I think only The Beast could match an Oozaru, but he was a unique specimen, being the largest Ork, ever. Break out the Gargants! We're going Pacific Rim up in this universe!

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Vodkana is in a middle of torture right now..
    I think?
    She is, but that doesn't stop Tarasai from reaching her and asking that question. So she can answer.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2017-11-05 at 06:07 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Ogre in the Playground

I get the feeling like Starlight is going to want to have a few choice words with Yenma after all of this....
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #1499
    Ettin in the Playground

Of Vodkana's punishment?

30. - Top - End - #1500
    Ogre in the Playground

Of Vodkana's punishment?
    Maaaaybe.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show