New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

"It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Wait, I thought we were naming it "Foster's Home For Temporally-Displaced Friends"? And shouldn't we have a "previously on" section?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

I didn't have time to write "previously on" and I didn't remember any talk about the name so I just went with first thing coming to mind.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I didn't have time to write "previously on" and I didn't remember any talk about the name so I just went with first thing coming to mind.
    Yeah, it got a majority vote on page 45 of the last thread (the IC thread was on page 47 at the time), and no objections were raised on page 50 when it was brought up again.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Colossus in the Playground

Hey Raz, I figure there's something Apfel might pick up on that I might not be getting. It's clear 22's going through a roundabout way of telling Apfel that she knows he has psychic powers, even if she doesn't know the extent to them. I don't see where this connects to Talsaiga.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Hey Raz, I figure there's something Apfel might pick up on that I might not be getting. It's clear 22's going through a roundabout way of telling Apfel that she knows he has psychic powers, even if she doesn't know the extent to them. I don't see where this connects to Talsaiga.
    Secret Ace Up The Sleeve Cards:
    Apfel has his precognitive abilities as a secret ace up the sleeve.

the Rebel Alliance has a secret ace up the sleeve in form of Dragon Balls.

Where are the Dragon Balls to fix our Dragon Balls? Talsaiga.

She is saying that the RA's ace up the sleeve is on Talsaiga.

Its really roundabout and complicated logic, but thats Android 22 for you. Her thought patterns don't go in straight lines, so her conclusions don't make sense at face value, because her train of thought goes through hoops and loop-de-loops, and its not clear to other people how she came to them.

for example.....if Android 23 were try to do it, it'd be more like:
    "Its like the Oxyribo Thing. Except more controllable and potentially more beneficial. Just like how a certain tigerman friend of mine can see a few things coming others wouldn't, but you probably don't know anything about that, I mean you probably don't even believe in that sort of stuff."
    with a wink or something.

much more simple and efficient without outright stating anything. but 22 is a different character with different ways. its perfectly understandable that you don't get her thought process, you have any questions in the future, feel free to ask me. she is kind of like one of those people who does math in their head, blurts out the correct answer then has to explain how she arrived at that number afterwards when no one believes her.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

by the way, Vodkana is talking about Broly.

double by the way... does Arcosians having females? Frieza has mentioned he had a mother..
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    by the way, Vodkana is talking about Broly.

double by the way... does Arcosians having females? Frieza has mentioned he had a mother..
    Strictly speaking, Frieza only said he had "parents" and we can only canonically confirm the existence of the father.

In our game, yeah, Arcosians have females, though Lord Raziere indicated that in the interest of the species surviving the ultra-harsh environment of Arcos, Arcosians evolved to have virtually no sexual dimorphism beyond what is necessary for reproduction. Something i'm inclined to go along with.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-09-21 at 12:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Which to be fair, is a thing supported by Xenoverse having only one model for the Freeza race. Its either they have virtually no sexual dimorphism, or the reproduce by some alien method that we can't even understand and don't conceptualize parents the same way we do. Its just one more factor why the Arcosians would be racist against other species in my mind: they think their species is more gender-equal, they think they are stronger, more likely to survive everything, can make their own bio-armor, things like that.

my own headcanon is that in reality, while Arcosian soldiers are really strong, they are actually less skilled than other races, because while they receive combat training and probably against other Arcosians to keep them on edge, I'm guessing that most of the Arcosian conquests are through using overwhelming force and the fact that they can take far more punishment than anyone else, just like how Freeza seemed to take three tries to really kill for good, and therefore they still don't receive as much combat experience in the way of say, avoiding damage or figuring out more creative ways of taking down your opponent. a human on the other hand would be far more skilled and used to fighting hard battles if they ever got to the same level, so they'd have an edge in tactics and strategy.

which is sort of apart of the whole Oxyribo and regeneration thing to a greater degree- Oxyribo barely bothered to dodge anything because he relied upon his internal advantage to protect him. Basically, the higher the starting PL and the greater the biological defense of the foe, the more the foe is overconfident in their abilities and less experienced at actually dodging attacks or taking their foes seriously. Piccolo despite his regeneration, was low-level regeneration and could still be killed with a headshot, so he still had learn how to Dodge. similarly, saiyans despite their similarity to humans has a biological incentive to take an attack so that they become stronger. Its why you have Vegeta training himself to be a tank who can take hit after hit and still get up- like surviving so long against Kid Buu, while Goku has a more acrobatic evasive fighting style from his time on Earth, because Vegeta knows his biology and is training to take advantage of it, while Goku ironically learned a better way of fighting that while not taking advantage of saiyan biology, works for any fight.

Which could be the real reason why Goku is considered the greatest fighter in the universe in his era. He has the advantages of both his inherent saiyan biology and a fighting style that assumes you don't have those advantages and therefore needs to be skilled enough to win without them.

TL;DR: more bio-defense and bigger starting PL means your probably bad at DOOOOOOODDDGE! while Goku is a good fighter because he has both from Earth upbringing.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

I also recall we talked about Frieza's & Hailing's lineage being freak mutants who reproduce asexually.

11. - Top - End - #161

We did, and I planned on keeping that idea in mind. I imagine Hailing had an above-average PL but through training and discipline, plus latent talent as a result of his aberrant genetics, his PL became freakishly large.

His son Prince Polar, on the other hand, is clearly a sign that Hailing's lineage is the next stage in Arcosian evolution. He has a PL of a little over one million, despite the fact that he's done zero training whatsoever.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

hmm..

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Frieza's_mother
    ?

ah... I was inspired to make a royal character.. Hailing Nephew...
    bored adventurer, giving the media a lot of material
    His name could be... Sneeze?

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #163

Interesting idea, and a good opportunity to create a "defector from decadence" kind of character. Given that the universe is absolutely, mind-bogglingly gigantic, I can't imagine an adventurer, or say, an explorer, would ever get bored.

Also, i've always had it in mind we'd eventually find a completely ordinary Homeworld Arcosian named Freezer

In other news, I believe I found THE worst Dragon Ball Z dub of all time, even worse than the Big Green dub. If you're masochistic enough, check it out.

WARNING: Turn down the volume if you're wearing headphones.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Unless he looking for excitements...

Maybe Freezer could be dragged by Sneeze... what should be his pl?

Uggh....
    bahhhh!!
    Ing you are evil for even linking it!

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Sneeze? I thought Arcosian names were based on things like temperatures and cold weather?

Anyways, so ... are we not going with the IC thread name we agreed on then, and just keeping it the random name Frozen thought of?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Sneeze? I thought Arcosian names were based on things like temperatures and cold weather?

Anyways, so ... are we not going with the IC thread name we agreed on then, and just keeping it the random name Frozen thought of?
    well we agreed on yours, and I don't want a "I am finally become pancake" situation to develop, so Frozen would you please change it?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Well... Sneeze coming from being cold.. no?
    I wanted name with a bit ridiculous twist.. like the character maybe Bllizy? (as bliizard?)
    Or Slushie?

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #168

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Well... Sneeze coming from being cold.. no?
    I wanted name with a bit ridiculous twist.. like the character maybe Bllizy? (as bliizard?)
    Or Slushie?
    I gotta say, i'm liking the names Blizzy and Slushie

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm.. Then Slushie it is!

Would it be ok if he'l have about.. 600,000 pl?
    easy going explorer with a blog
    "Slushie's guide for the galactic hitchhiker."
    Maybe he traveling by hitch hiking just for fun..
    (and if he waiting for too long, he getting bored and destroying the planet he is on, right now?)

just throwing ideas.

Also thought, he might be intresting character to interact with

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

I do like the name Slushie. Reminds me of those old Coke slushies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    well we agreed on yours, and I don't want a "I am finally become pancake" situation to develop, so Frozen would you please change it?
    I mean, I don't want to make a fuss, and if it was just me I'd probably stay silent, but I think others were looking forward to it too.... S-Sorry....
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-09-21 at 07:19 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

wait... isn't Ieez's father called slushya?

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #172

Ppht. Details.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, I don't want to make a fuss, and if it was just me I'd probably stay silent, but I think others were looking forward to it too.... S-Sorry....
    Well, it seems we agreed upon it as a group, and it would set a bad precedent if things happened that we didn't agree upon and let it slide because it might lead to bad feelings from the plans made not being followed, so yes, I agree its not that big of a deal, thats why I want it fixed quickly so that it doesn't become a bigger one, doesn't become a trend or anything. and I seen from pony thread what happened when somebody repeatedly didn't do what was agreed on by the group (the title "I am finally become pancake") upon even through it was a minor thing, and I want to avoid that.

I guess it all depends on how fine we are with it now? I guess we could say to make it the title of the next thread, but that sounds too much like something that could be forgotten or for another title to usurp it like this one and thus we'd be right back at this problem all over again. Too much like procrastinating or putting it off. Which is why its best to change it now, so that it doesn't become a thing to put off, then compete with whatever other titles people come up with in the meantime, its a small thing, but its how it could snowball is my concern.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

So, Ing.. how much pl, do you think an annoying nephew of Hailing should have?
    (annoying to Hailing- he himself, quite friendly]

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #175

I want Apfel to be the #3 in the universe, at least for the time being. 300k or 350k would be better. Alternatively, we can say that he has 500k, and Apfel can more than make up the difference with sheer skill, whereas Slushie simply has amazing genetics.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-09-22 at 03:28 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

You also have to know HOW to use it.
    I want him to be challenge for Apfel, just because of power...
    thought it would be awesome, if Apfel will defeat him, and prove skill>genetics.

but as you feel comfortable. Just want him to be strong enough, on royal scale/ to be able to destory things, people and populations just because of boredom. (he rarely do so, but still)
    I am not planning him to be much of a fighter...

I am asking you, because the Empire's is mostly your head canon.
    So what ever you see fit

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #177
    Barbarian in the Playground

This marks the tenth time I've checked the old thread wondering why nobody posted... just realized we have a new one up.
    Make it count.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

*facepalm*

I just realized ... I mixed up 22's and Arcos's speech colors, leaving me waiting for absolutely nothing. >_<
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

*facepalm*

I just realized ... I mixed up 22's and Arcos's speech colors, leaving me waiting for absolutely nothing. >_<
    That....hm...sorry. I think I might need to start thinking about a different color for Arcos then.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    That....hm...sorry. I think I might need to start thinking about a different color for Arcos then.
    I mean, it shouldn't be a problem so long as you clearly delineate between the two. I'm sure part of it was my own idiocy.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show