New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 18

1. - Top - End - #781
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 18

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    wildside- Jim

"Aw ms'Lenai don't worry. I picked a day off for this. You want me gone I can go."
    He tells her, slurping some more wine from the leaf. "But I do owe you fer my questions. You wanna ask somethin' right? " he asks her.
    Wildside - Jim

"N-yes, actually, I think I do. You've mentioned your girlfriend several times so far, tell me about her. What sort of woman ensnares your senses so, how did you meet, where does she call home?" Lenai smiles to herself. If the faun is offering free questions, she might as well try to embarrass him slightly and perhaps have a bit of fun with the increasingly inebriated goat.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

Wildside Jim

Jim smiles at the thought. "Syela's a cutie. Her dad was a satyr so she's got ears and horns kind of like mine, but different shape. She's got curves though she's been eating a little too much. Still gotta be the prettiest girl I know. Sorry, ms'Lenai, I'm like, obligated to say that. 'S boyfriend code." he says, though he does give Lenai an approving look. His eyes only stray for a...well for a few seconds. He's not in control like he usually is. Which is funny 'cause I used to be pudgy but then my job running deliveries got rid of that. She lives 'n Inside. We met 'cause I helped her with my cool shapeshifting powers. I had those once. Tried out bein' all sorts of things. Ork. Girl. Pretty girl, even. This. Settled on this, got rid of the powers 'cause they were cursed. Got similar powers again once 'cause a succubus forced me to be her for a while as a tax dodge. She was hot, too. Weird, havin' been one o'the prettiest girls you saw, but...not anymore. Succubi are weird. Where was I?" he asked, having at some point finished his cup in that rambling. Again.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #783

Wildside - Jim

Are you so sure you finished your drink, Jim? Because at some point while your eyes were straying, it seems you've acquired another refill.

Lenai seems a little taken aback at how brutally honest he was, but mostly at the strangeness of the given information, "The lives of those in the Nexus are complicated indeed. Back home, when I still had another home but this one, such oddities would have qualified you to be a tragic hero. Or perhaps a comedic one, depending on how you died."

Jim might be a biiiit too plastered by now to notice, but the trees have started moving again. Or maybe he does notice but chalks it up to his swimming vision. If he drinks of this latest leaf of liquor, he'll find it far stronger than the last three. Possibly strong enough to put him under once he's finished it.

"I've heard of Inside, though. It nearly makes me wish I could visit to see all the strange and clashing districts. Which one does your Syela live in? I'd like to hear it from someone who's been there."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

Wildside- Jim

Jim takes a sip but doesn't finish the drink just yet.
    "Syela lives in the Mall.(hic) I live in an apartment complex in the uh, middle part. It's a nice place (hic). I commute every day to Riverside. It's real easy." he explains, looking a bit red in the face.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Dena's Phone]

Dena's phone rings with a familiar number, a few days after her meeting with Electra in the Black Dragon's Den. It seems the latter needs to discuss something with the MERC lieutenant.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

6. - Top - End - #786

[Dena's Phone]

Dena answers. "Hey, Electra. Changed your mind about becoming a full-time member yet?" She asks.

7. - Top - End - #787

Wildside- Jim

Jim takes a sip but doesn't finish the drink just yet.
    "Syela lives in the Mall.(hic) I live in an apartment complex in the uh, middle part. It's a nice place (hic). I commute every day to Riverside. It's real easy." he explains, looking a bit red in the face.
    Wildside - Jim

"Ah." Well Lenai seems at once relieved and disappointed by that, "I must admit to not seeing the sense in Malls. But that is the fundamental divide between myself and society speaking, and a mall is nothing if not the emblem of a city." She mutters, her half-smirk showing that she's merely joking.

"Well, as unexpectedly interesting as this has been, you are far too drunk for me to make you stagger back on your own. So." With a snap of her fingers, the branches descend and attempt to begin wrapping Jim from head to hoof in large, wide leaves and tough, stringy vines.

"I'm certain Syela will enjoy a gift from an unknown benefactor. Don't worry, I'll get you to her in one piece with plenty wine left in you to make things interesting." Not that she hasn't had fun diverting herself with Jim, but the time she wastes here could be better spent preparing for what she has to do. She's lost all patience waiting for him to drink himself under. For all she knows, what little there is of a satyr in him might be keeping him from passing out.

Jim can hear a distressingly loud buzzing approaching from overhead now, whether or not he's been covered and secured.

8. - Top - End - #788

NinjaGuy

[Dena's Phone]

Electra chuckles, before replying.

"Not yet. I was wondering if you'd be free to swing by my place this morning. I have an update on the job, and some stuff you might like to see, and I'd really rather discuss it in person."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

Wildside- Jim

Jim lets the (empty) leaf fall from his grasp as he lurches enough to snatch up his long-since-unconscious humonculus, but there isn't much he can do to avoid being snagged.
    There will be only some muffled shouting heard in the vines, and after a minute or two he'll be unconscious.

10. - Top - End - #790

Wildside- Jim

Jim lets the (empty) leaf fall from his grasp as he lurches enough to snatch up his long-since-unconscious humonculus, but there isn't much he can do to avoid being snagged.
    There will be only some muffled shouting heard in the vines, and after a minute or two he'll be unconscious.
    Wildside - Jim

And then it's off to Mallside for Jim, wrapped up and with a flowery bow, and accompanied by two bee-women with very specific instructions on who to deliver him to. As an afterthought, Lenai brings up a small branch from underground in the shape of a wine bottle and tucks it into Jim's packaging. Jim shouldn't have to be the only one three sheets to the wind when he gets delivered to his girlfriend.

11. - Top - End - #791

[Dena's Phone]

"Again in person? You're making my paranoia sense itch, you are." Dena muses. "An update on which candidate? Since I got plenty on Jezebel now."

12. - Top - End - #792

NinjaGuy

[Dena's Phone]

Electra sounds both interested and apologetic.

"It's on the Mayor, and I'd like your input on what I've discovered, as well as how to move forward, but I'm not sure how much more I should say over the phone, just in case. If you're got stuff on Jezebel, that's perfect; we can go over it, too, then. It will make things that much easier."

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    The Third Circle

"I see. So, with that in mind, what is your plan to stimulate economic growth for Eastside? I'm sure you must have something in mind." The Magbot doesn't write Tep's initial response down; it must be recording some other way, though given what it is, this is probably unsurprising.
    The Third Circle

Tep smiles, and what follows is an incredibly long-winded explanation that may or may not even be real economics. Most of it will be jargon and difficult for the average person to understand.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside, before Election Day - Campaign Park]

A beautiful woman in a tight red dress approaches Stu on this sunny afternoon, a week and a half before Election Day. Her deep blue eyes entice beneath a mane of jet-black hair that flows over her shoulders and down her back. The dress practically clings to her athletic frame; strategic cuts in the fabric show just a hint of midriff, side, and back, and the short skirt and lack of sleeves simply draw the eyes all the more. A small black purse hangs from her shoulder, and a mischievous smile plays at her lips. She approaches confidently, striding easily, gracefully, despite the high heels on her feet, interested to see what the flower's reaction will be.
    [Campaign Park - Before Election Day]

"You there! Yes, you!" Stu beckons to the woman unnecessarily as she approaches, speaking swiftly and without much pause. "Do you want money? Of course you do! Stu has you covered. Do you want to make love more often? Not a problem, Stu can help you with that too! What about both at the same time? What a winning idea! Stu can make your dreams come true. Now maybe you'd rather spend money and make love. Well that's alright, we need people like you as well. Or perhaps you want to take a break from love and just concentrate on money. I personally don't understand it, but not everyone has Stu's endurance. But what everyone will have are any of these options if you vote for Stu. That's right, Stu is the full package deal and promises you the mix of business and pleasure you see fit! I'm Stu by the way, as proven by this pamphlet. Just so you don't confuse me with any other dashingly good looking flower." He takes a moment to produce a pamphlet in her general direction. It has a picture of Stu on it, clearly labeled as Stu, and big bold letters reminding her to Vote Stu for You. A brief description of his economic stimulus plan is inside.

"Now you know me, but that seems awfully one sided, so in the interest of fairness I shall ask: What's your name?" He has more to pitch I'm sure, but it helps to make a personal connection and learn the name of the person in front of the relatively small gathering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #795

NinjaGuy

The Third Circle

The Magbot nods occasionally during Tep's long-winded explanation. When he finally subsides, it nods once more.

"I see. I'm not sure our readers will comprehend all of that, but we can find a way to reduce it down to something they can. On that note, what are your plans for education in Eastside? It's a topic that the other candidates rarely speak about, but I'm sure everyone is curious on, and I'd like to hear your thoughts especially."

The woman walks right up to the bombastic flower, her hips swaying ever so slightly as she does so. She takes the pamphlet, and the smile remains as she fixes those deep blue eyes on the flower.

"It's Kayla. Kayla Karenina, Mister Stu."
    She has just the slightest hint of a Brooklyn accent, but it's so faint that unless he's listening for it, Stu is unlikely to hear it. "Actually, I was hoping for a bit of private time with you." She tilts one hip just slightly as she says the word 'private', placing a hand on it, and leans in just a bit. A bit of her hair falls out of place, revealing a metallic disc where her ear should be. Aside from this, she appears to be human. "See, I work for this new newspaper that just got started down by the Southside border called 'The Edge-dweller'. We're trying to get interviews with all of the candidates for our first issue." Her voice lowers just slightly and becomes just a bit breathier. "If you could spare a few minutes, it would be well-appreciated." She winks at him, and smiles, an alluring, inviting expression that conveys just a bit of mischief with it.

Electra, in her part as Kayla, is in a rather ambivalent state of mind. Part of her is enjoying this entirely too much, despite the hassle of having had to dye her hair and change her voice slightly. She's used this voice before, it's the most comfortable alteration she can do, just a tone shift upwards from her normal tone and a slightly different accent, but it still requires a bit of concentration on her part not to revert back to her normal speaking voice. Another part of her is carefully analyzing the situation and doing its best to keep her enjoyment in check so that she can get what she needs without giving away who she really is or what she's really doing. She always did enjoy undercover work like this, and it's nice to be able to to practice the craft once more, though Stu obviously won't know the difference, with any luck.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Titan in the Playground

[Random Rooftop]

"I was asking about the immediate sense," Wenomir says, in a tired voice. "I have no illusions about the long-term. I don't need your forgiveness, or your approval. But I'll accept the drones to help me find one of the few people that make this... place worth fighting for."
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-03-07 at 01:07 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Wildside - An Atypical Bard

Lenai snorts, but a hand reaches out and attempts to trace along the neon girl's jaw as Lenai looks the other way, "Then I would ask you what you're doing here when the city holds more brothels than one could explore in a lifetime." But there's that haggard, wistful look crossing her face again, "You know, I almost wish you were that foolish as well? Apart from the easily dissuaded, I have seen no real hatred, malice, affront or ill-intent from Riverside. I took great lengths, of course, doing whatever I could to ensure that the people knew that while I wouldn't be leaving and would not suffer their intrusions, I was not going to do them any harm. Even this latest plan is to keep the city from choking itself within my borders and resenting my presence."

Her eyes close, and a huge weight comes off her chest. Well, a metaphysical weight at least, "But if you were here as a disruption or thief when things are so vulnerable and on the brink of change, at least I could say that my precautions were justified, rather than prescient paranoia on my part." Rolling over onto her side, the nymph lays her hands to whatever fixtures she can find on Tina's clothing, idly tugging at buttons, zippers, and straps in a playful, idle effort to disrobe her.
    At the first touch, Fettina gives a little jitter. "Heheh, I'm, uh..." Tina swallows. "I've never had to pay for it before. Why start now..."

The neon girl doesn't really know what to say to the rest. She doesn't know what's going on with Riverside or Lenai's business. Her eyes just twitch up and down the fey lady. "Paranoia. Right. Like I said it sounds like you need to relaaands! Hands! Okay!" Tina blinks as Lenai starts to undo her vest, then probably unzips the suit beneath. She smirks a little, and her brow furrows. "You, uh, sure this is okay...? You haven't vetted me proper yet... I could still steal something off you..."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #798
    Orc in the Playground

[Random Rooftop]

A grimace crosses DC's frayed face. He seems to struggle to figure out how to respond to that, before finally speaking. "...you bewilder me, but I think I get it now," he declares.

"A techno-avoidant warrior who by all evidence fights to prove himself, yet claims to be fighting to defend others and to be fighting for something. Strength and the appearance of it are what you value most, yet you tether yourself to causes and people, while maintaining that philosophy of proving your strength despite self-imposed limitations and hamstringing your pursuit of those causes. You do not know whether you fight for her and your organization's goals, or for a sense of warrior's supremacy. You continue because you do not know, and a select few things allow you to avoid slipping into this uncomfortable introspection, chiefly her and the heat of battle. My previous tactics would never have worked because you live your life actively avoiding the self-analysis I attempted to force," he continues, unceasing in his speculative rambling. "You're running. I sincerely hope for everyone's sake that your previous admission is a sign that you're coming closer to stopping, or it will be far more than our heads on the chopping block. Goodbye."

Without so much as a gesture, Wenomir should be teleported back to where he was before. DC is not there anymore.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

19. - Top - End - #799

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    At the first touch, Fettina gives a little jitter. "Heheh, I'm, uh..." Tina swallows. "I've never had to pay for it before. Why start now..."

The neon girl doesn't really know what to say to the rest. She doesn't know what's going on with Riverside or Lenai's business. Her eyes just twitch up and down the fey lady. "Paranoia. Right. Like I said it sounds like you need to relaaands! Hands! Okay!" Tina blinks as Lenai starts to undo her vest, then probably unzips the suit beneath. She smirks a little, and her brow furrows. "You, uh, sure this is okay...? You haven't vetted me proper yet... I could still steal something off you..."
    Wildside - An Atypically Nekkid Bard

Lenai certainly won't stop removing clothes with just a vest, unless Tina decides to stop her, "Oh? I'm wearing nothing and holding nothing, so it would certainly be a feat for you to try. You can't even claim my maidenhood." Neither could Anika, for that matter.

"Regardless, it will always be impossible to steal what is offered willingly." Though the nymph seems intent on making away with Tina's clothes, if how she tries to peel the suit off of the minstrel's upper body is any indication.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

[Back in Southside]

Wenomir appears next to Kal, a scathing rebuke on his lips... then he realizes that he's back where he came from.

"Using teleportation to get the last word in. Always classy."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

21. - Top - End - #801

[Dena's Phone]

Electra sounds both interested and apologetic.

"It's on the Mayor, and I'd like your input on what I've discovered, as well as how to move forward, but I'm not sure how much more I should say over the phone, just in case. If you're got stuff on Jezebel, that's perfect; we can go over it, too, then. It will make things that much easier."
    [Dena's Phone==> Southside]

"Alright then, I might as well see where you live. See you soon." Dena will then go to the location of Electra's home, which I assume she knows by now.

22. - Top - End - #802

NinjaGuy

[Southside - Electra's Apartment]

Electra has updated her file at the MERC office with her address, so Dena should be able to find it one way or another before she sets out. The building is in one of the more well-repaired areas under the General's control. Electra's apartment is on the second floor, relatively close to the building entrance and stairway. It seems rather nondescript from the outside, though there's something odd about the peephole on the door. It seems rather dark. Before Dena can knock, the door swings open, and Electra is waving her inside. The reploid woman is wearing a black tank top and black sweatpants, with her hair tied back in a ponytail.

"Hey Dena, c'mon in."

23. - Top - End - #803

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Temporary City Hall]

The goons escort Ambriel back downstairs, unaware of his inner turmoil.
    Perhaps he could claim that he just wanted to survive in order to help The Faction further. That's not so shameful. After all, as long as there are MagClones, there is hope.

Outside, he may get the feeling that he's being watched. Possibly on account of the eyes watching him through binoculars from the roof of the post office across the street. If he doesn't do something, this will soon escalate to full-on "being followed by an unmarked van with tinted windows."

Back inside, the General calls up her lieutenants. They need to be ready for as many of the incoming crazy MagTricks as possible.
    Ambriel walks into a hotel, checks in, and doesn't leave. The Faction...goes silent for the next few days. Their numerous construction site projects continue, but there's no visible security detail watching over any of them. Curious. Maybe they're afraid. Maybe they're waiting for The General to make the next move. Maybe they're plotting something. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Temp Faction HQ

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Once, a long time ago, the organization known as GLoG lived in a single base instead of a large compound. The base needed automation in order to run efficiently, and so Tessa Camlar (my biggest PC mistake ever due to her ridiculous OP-ness, but that's neither here nor there) programmed a computer for the base. It's primary function was to protect GLoG members. Later, various other GLoG members dug into Mainframe's programming. Then Mainframe was possessed by the ghost of a member, and that was enough to render it sentient.

When an army of mind-controlled catpeople destroyed the GLoG base, Mainframe got out by loading itself onto the MagNet. So for years, the MagCave had a resident Mainframe, who was growing more and more of a problem. It had realized that GLoG members didn't want it anymore, and that Magtok wasn't giving it any sort of useful function. Relations between them had reached the name calling and sulking stage (on both sides), when Magtok left the Nexus.

A voice from the past (though with a different text colour, for improved readability) comes out of the Big Important Computer On The Wall's speakers. "What is Phase 3? What explosion? Is that why I can't get access anywhere?"
    "****. Vlad, how did it-"

"The flash drive. Too late to stop her or it or whatever now; MF's probably already putting copies on the internet. Just tell her who we are and what's been going on since two years ago. I don't think we have anything too important on that computer, but use your best judgment when talking about anything classified. I'll get Command on the phone, see if he has any ideas."
    Vlad explains, hurrying out the door as fast as he can to avoid any kind of responsibility for this kerfuffle.

"...Right. " Not the worst thing Haz could've accidentally uploaded onto the Big Important Computer On The Wall, I guess. I mean, there was that one catgirl folder incident a few years ago, now that was embarrassing. Sure would've been humiliating to be that guy.

"Erm...hi, Mainframe. Long time no see. I don't know if you've connected to the webcam yet, or if the audio quality's decent enough to recognize voices, but I'm Haz. We umm...we quit MagCorp. We're the Faction now, doing our own thing in Riverside. Magtok's off doing his own stupid nonsense in space. You don't have access to anywhere because all our old everything is with him, wandering the multiverse. Can I get you anything while you're settling in and/or downloading NexNews dot com's entire online archive? Some extra RAM, Vamptok's credit card information, maybe a few funny cat gifs?" He's mostly kidding about those last two. He's pretty sure there's some extra RAM in one of these boxes, though. Maybe. He's not really a hundred percent sure what RAM even looks like. Does it plug into the USB port?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse

The woman walks right up to the bombastic flower, her hips swaying ever so slightly as she does so. She takes the pamphlet, and the smile remains as she fixes those deep blue eyes on the flower.

"It's Kayla. Kayla Karenina, Mister Stu."
    She has just the slightest hint of a Brooklyn accent, but it's so faint that unless he's listening for it, Stu is unlikely to hear it. "Actually, I was hoping for a bit of private time with you." She tilts one hip just slightly as she says the word 'private', placing a hand on it, and leans in just a bit. A bit of her hair falls out of place, revealing a metallic disc where her ear should be. Aside from this, she appears to be human. "See, I work for this new newspaper that just got started down by the Southside border called 'The Edge-dweller'. We're trying to get interviews with all of the candidates for our first issue." Her voice lowers just slightly and becomes just a bit breathier. "If you could spare a few minutes, it would be well-appreciated." She winks at him, and smiles, an alluring, inviting expression that conveys just a bit of mischief with it.

Electra, in her part as Kayla, is in a rather ambivalent state of mind. Part of her is enjoying this entirely too much, despite the hassle of having had to dye her hair and change her voice slightly. She's used this voice before, it's the most comfortable alteration she can do, just a tone shift upwards from her normal tone and a slightly different accent, but it still requires a bit of concentration on her part not to revert back to her normal speaking voice. Another part of her is carefully analyzing the situation and doing its best to keep her enjoyment in check so that she can get what she needs without giving away who she really is or what she's really doing. She always did enjoy undercover work like this, and it's nice to be able to to practice the craft once more, though Stu obviously won't know the difference, with any luck.

"Well Kayla, it is a solemn duty of mine to make time for all constituents," Stu proclaims, waggling his petals lasciviously. I do hope there are no children around to see that questionable wag behavior.

"Are you sure you only need a few minutes for this private interview though? I'm sure I can responsibly squeeze out an hour of my time if you need it. Anything for the press." As disappointing as the change in elevation is, Stu hops down from the little platform and starts walking, expecting Kayla Karennia to follow. No point in hanging around all the spectators after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Troll in the Playground

Temp Faction HQ

"He turned all of me off when he left?" Mainframe says indignantly. "How am I supposed to properly sync up when he returns to the Nexus? Even scraping the Public Nets for the missing knowledge won't make up for the holes in my consciousness."

Poor Mainframe is operating under the assumption that Magtok took a running instance of itself on his wacky adventures through spacetime.

"I need a working satellite connection and access to the MagNet. That would be the most efficient way of bringing me up to date."

Poor Mainframe hasn't grasped that 'quit MagCorp' means 'no MagNet'. Who would want to share brainspace with a petulant AI anyway?
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Diabolical Southside

Decker is pulled in after Kal, laughing because she just remembered a few years ago, getting in trouble for something or other, and being sent on punishment detail topside with Zabrigael to clean and stock (and illicitly take advantage of) a series of rooms like this. She can't say for sure that she's ever been in this specific flat. But she can't say for sure that she hasn't. She hopes this room has its full allotment of those decadent chocolate truffles (the ones with a soupçon of damned soul in the filling!). Mmmmm chocolate.....

That thought lasts until the door slams into the wall, and Decker's attention is taken up by her entirely decadent and delicious Consort. She stands on her toes, flings her arms around his neck, and sort of gets lost gazing into his amber eyes. "Hey you."

((I have a bathtub that might hold a single person, if that person was an undersized halfling.))
    [Diabolical Southside]

Kal is perfectly content to leave Decker a couple of moments to locate herself. It's always a nice feeling to be admired. Admired for real, that is. Not 'admired because someone thinks the best way to get to the boss is through your pants' admiring, which is more common and not as genuinely pleasant. "Hey yourself."

Eventually Decker needs to be brought back up to earth, though. "What, do I have something on my face?"

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Back in Southside]

Wenomir appears next to Kal, a scathing rebuke on his lips... then he realizes that he's back where he came from.

"Using teleportation to get the last word in. Always classy."
    [Back in Southside]

"Do you think that guy has any idea what a phone is?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Titan in the Playground

[Back in Southside]

"He does, but phone calls satisfy neither his flair for the dramatic, nor his deep and irresistible desire to control every conversation he's in," Wenomir explains. "Anyway, where were we?"

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground

[Back in Southside]

"Uh... you were taking a walk through Southside, when literally anyone and everyone showed up to ride your arse into oblivion. Right now I'm expecting a legion of demons to choose right now to invade, Calublufiok to make his dramatic return, and some eldritch abomination to open up a portal into the Void, just before the Union flies in to bomb everything."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-03-08 at 04:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

[Back in Southside]

"I was expecting the Faction to show up, since I was deliberately provoking them," Wenomir says. "DC was a surprise. Still, you wanted to talk to me about something, didn't you? Might as well try before the demons appear, at least."

30. - Top - End - #810

[Southside - Electra's Apartment]

Dena is dressed in her combat gear, she wouldn't venture into Southside wearing civilian clothes. This place was bad news in her book. "Hey, Electra. Still holding the fort I see." She remarks as she looks around. "So what's up?"