New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: My Little Pony XCV: I am (Finally) Become Pancakes!

This is odd. While it is by no means perfect, I seldom have the same levels of trouble with DailyMotion that you guys seem to be having. Is it the software? (FireFox + NoScript on W7 in my case...).
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: New episode
    Show
    This was a fun, cute episode.

I wonder if Gabby is only so talented when she's helping people. It seems she can do anything, but would she be worse if she was doing something for selfish reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Ugh, that place is just... ...ugh.
    I've never really had any problem with the site. Using Firefox and Adblock Plus.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    This is odd. While it is by no means perfect, I seldom have the same levels of trouble with DailyMotion that you guys seem to be having. Is it the software? (FireFox + NoScript on W7 in my case...).
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I've never really had any problem with the site. Using Firefox and Adblock Plus.
    The exact problem I have with Dailymotion is what you get if you go there without the bolded tools. In order to browse the site I have to block a third of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Spoiler: New episode
    Show
    This was a fun, cute episode.

I wonder if Gabby is only so talented when she's helping people. It seems she can do anything, but would she be worse if she was doing something for selfish reasons?
    Spoiler: New Fault Episode
    Show
    Oh wow, this sounds like a premise for a new PC character concept. The ultimate assistant, providing epic-level bonuses to anyone they help, but their own skills when working alone tank badly. :3
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

I tried it with an adblocker (found from Firefox addons, I think) once, at which point it wouldn't then play any of the videoes, so I gave up trying to watch whatever it was and went and found it somewhere else.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-09-11 at 07:24 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

The exact problem I have with Dailymotion is what you get if you go there without the bolded tools. In order to browse the site I have to block a third of the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I tried it with an adblocker (found from Firefox addons, I think) once, at which point it wouldn't then play any of the videoes, so I gave up trying to watch whatever it was and went and found it somewhere else.
    The only thing I've ever used DailyMotion for is pony episodes (when I can't find a youtube link), and I never watch those on-site, I always download them and watch them "offline" instead. The site doesn't even need to work for the download to work, so I can leave everything blocked and not even care. So convenient

In my experience my download speed is way slower with DailyMotion than with Youtube (like twenty times slower), but that's the only problem I've ever had

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh*

So, I decided that it might be as well to let CK2 rest for a bit - maybe until the next patch comes out, since post Reaper's it is still a bit... Difficult (especially with a couple of moderate bugs outstanding.)

I thought I would try AoE2 again, since there was/is a recent patch, and a possible solution to the AI passivity issue, Which I can't do anythign with unti it can be fixed one way or another, since the next mission is a "kill 500 enemy units" one.

Nope. Not only is there no indication of the number of units killed (and I have a feeling there should be), apparently, it still screws up if you save/load. And, as with Homeworld 2, I am just not up for playing the mission in its entirity through time after time until you get the one with no mistakes.

So, forget that nonsense then.

Problem is, I'm at a loose end. Half of the games I would play are now waiting for various fixes and patches still now, and none of the others are springing to my immediate appeal. (Even the ones I have aside for "I really don't know what to do" days.)

I dunno, you know sometimes where you're too weary to make a decision? Well I seem to be there, without an obvious adeuqate reason.

(And spending the entire off-day doing nothing but watching Pokémon - which I've done most of this week) seems like a waste (even though it arguably isn't any more than anything else.)

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

still no episode on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    The only thing I've ever used DailyMotion for is pony episodes (when I can't find a youtube link), and I never watch those on-site, I always download them and watch them "offline" instead. The site doesn't even need to work for the download to work, so I can leave everything blocked and not even care. So convenient

In my experience my download speed is way slower with DailyMotion than with Youtube (like twenty times slower), but that's the only problem I've ever had
    i dont even see an option to download it from them
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2016-09-11 at 03:06 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    i dont even see an option to download it from them
    You need a plugin, because youtube and other streaming sites don't really want you to download videos (cuts down on their business, I imagine). I use one called Video DownloadHelper for Firefox, it's been working well so far.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2016-09-11 at 03:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Colossus in the Playground

Speaking generally of internet adverts I CANNOT understand how the internet advertisers can possibly even THINK to make adverts that screw up a site's performance; and we're not talking just dodgy adverts, but big companies that really ought to know better. In some cases, it makes the site unusable. (Case in point - Photobucket. I ended up getting paid ad-free for both my accounts and chalking it down as a business expense.) I cannot fathom how it appears not to occur to the advertisers that if their advert locks the website site up, I cannot see their advert. The thing they are paying the website to display. It is so utterly self-defeating.
    Deviantart asked, 'hey dude, take down your adblocker please' via a big orange message that showed up on every picture. Fair enough, I said. Then I got hit with hideous flash ads with audio that loaded on every tab I opened and basically crashed my system. Up went the adblocker.

My problem with this episode is my problem with every episode: How do griffon teeth work? Every time I think about it I take a ride to creepy town.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    My problem with this episode is my problem with every episode: How do griffon teeth work?
    Griphons are half lion, half eagle, right? And a lion has teeth. So logically, griphons should have teeth in half of their mouth.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Pretty good episode, though not a lot specific to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Yeah, I only use dailymotion for pony when youtube hasn't caught up. Noscript is a must.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Still not on Netflix either :/

13. - Top - End - #163

This is one art piece from the new episode that I can attest to being pretty accurate~
    Spoiler: Spoiler
    Show

Speaking of new episode spoiler, just an aside with the recent episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I kind of thought that the filly's parents in the beginning getting the pirate costume was pretty funny. I'm quite certain that was their first child. ;)

Deviantart
    I had a similar experience.

My problem with this episode is my problem with every episode: How do griffon teeth work? Every time I think about it I take a ride to creepy town.
    Well, as we saw in No Second Prances, a griffon's teeth are retractable, like a cat's claws.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally watched the new episode:
    Spoiler
    Show

It was good. Glad the CMC figured...well, stuff out. They really are growing up. Also like the sappy feel good ending. Though I can't help but wonder if they realize that Gabby was also the name of the CMC's pseudonym in the Foal Free Press.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Speaking of new episode spoiler, just an aside with the recent episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I kind of thought that the filly's parents in the beginning getting the pirate costume was pretty funny. I'm quite certain that was their first child. ;)
    Spoiler: My response
    Show
    Well, if you look closely, Petunia's mom had an ocean theme (a clam with a pearl), and her dad had a fencing theme (two crossed epees), so pirate seemed like a reasonable mix of those fields.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

16. - Top - End - #166

Show
    Well, if you look closely, Petunia's mom had an ocean theme (a clam with a pearl), and her dad had a fencing theme (two crossed epees), so pirate seemed like a reasonable mix of those fields.
    Spoiler: Fault Mark new ep
    Show
    Hmm, yeah, her pops does have the fencing thing going on. Didn't catch that half. Huh, so do we now have a new branch of headcanon that tries to map out cutie mark fusions?
    Ocean + Swords = Pirate Archaeology.

Apparently Brazil is getting Legend of Everfree earlier than everyone else. Ah well, guess it'll be completely spoiled to me before the US airing.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground

Show
    Spoiler: Tangent to new episode
    Show
    She's the jewel of the South Luna Ocean! He's a swashbuckling scoundrel! Together they... moved to Ponyville to raise a family? Seems legit.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

So, yesterday, I gave up and finally settled on playing Banished, with a mod which added a boat-load of more stuff to build.

And despite my best efforts to phase in population growth, I forgot that the people age faster than the number of years... and at 15 years in, hit the nasty bit of Banished in the massive populatino die-off. My city dropped to about 50% population in less than three years, forcing me to shut down all the industries (and cost me the one chicken I'd manged to trade for when the workers for the pasture died). A frantic build of a town hall would hopefully let some nomads arrive... But my working population dipped down to 20 (out of over 50) before I finally got a burst of immgrants, when I slipped an hour in today.

Dangit.

Very nearly finished watch Sinnoh League Victors, only a few episodes to go! (I will have so much pony fic to catch up on... Assuming I don't go and watch Battle Frontier right away, which I might well do..!)

19. - Top - End - #169

Behold the (second) sun!
    Spoiler
    Show

I've apparently been given a huge task at work today. I must order pizza for upper-management. What toppings though...? o.o

That's the trick.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    Spoiler: Tangent to new episode
    Show
    She's the jewel of the South Luna Ocean! He's a swashbuckling scoundrel! Together they... moved to Ponyville to raise a family? Seems legit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey a pirate boards your ship after you find a cache of goods, steals the pearls, steals your heart..you run away together. That is probably how The First Dread Pirate retired.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

"I Burn!"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Barbarian in the Playground

Since I was too short on funds to buy the next set of Pony episodes on Itunes, I got myself my fix of Pony with Minecraft.

Behold Basilica Gloriosa Sanctae Vesperae, dedicated to Sunset Shimmer. This is a minor basilica and is thus smaller than the three completed major ones like Sancta Caelestia.

Spoiler: Basilica Gloriosa Sanctae Vesperae
    Show

Yes, my current main Minecraft skin is Sunset Shimmer.
    Unus Mundus, Una Veritas, Unum Imperium.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Yes. Was just about to post the link actually (though to Linkara's own website).

24. - Top - End - #174

Quote Originally Posted by meto30 View Post
    This is a minor basilica and is thus smaller than the three completed major ones like Sancta Caelestia.
    I look at the images, and to me it feels "smaller" compared to your other basilica projects in the same way that the RMS Queen Mary 2 is smaller than the MS Harmony of the Seas.

e.g. A small epic project is still epic.

*thumbs up*
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

I have. He brought up a really good point: What Well To Do was doing was an act of war. Unless his mob goon had a weapon to his son's head (And there was no evidence of that in the comic), King Aspen should have gored the f***er right then and there.

I thought it was hilarious that his new roommate Viga (who is his fiance IRL) denying the existence of clop, only to back up and saying that it's "only on the internet".

All in all a good review, though as a very minor complaint, I was annoyed that his ponification on the title card had no cutie mark.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2016-09-13 at 11:57 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

I thought it was hilarious that his new roommate Viga (who is his fiance IRL) denying the existence of clop, only to back up and saying that it's "only on the internet".
    Is she? I admit, I think I may only have heard mention of her maybe in passing, but this ws the first time I'd actually seen her. Good for both of them.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Is she? I admit, I think I may only have heard mention of her maybe in passing, but this ws the first time I'd actually seen her. Good for both of them.
    I don't follow him on twitter or anything, but in this unboxing video it's mentioned several times.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Firbolg in the Playground

Since I was too short on funds to buy the next set of Pony episodes on Itunes, I got myself my fix of Pony with Minecraft.

Behold Basilica Gloriosa Sanctae Vesperae, dedicated to Sunset Shimmer. This is a minor basilica and is thus smaller than the three completed major ones like Sancta Caelestia.

Spoiler: Basilica Gloriosa Sanctae Vesperae
    Show

I'm constantly amazed at the Basilicas you produce. Awesome work.

And now that tuesday is here...
    Spoiler: Scootattoo
    Show
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

29. - Top - End - #179

Has anyone seen this yet?
    I have now. *throws pony plushies around the thread*

Dear Luna today was a [BuySomeApples] bad day. One of those where you do everything right and still get written up for it. Also, the kitchen ceiling leak has gotten worse. Nothing tests the reflexes like water spilling over a hot active stove. o_o
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Rainbow Dash's Dad is not her Dad! The scandal! Boy, her mom sure must have a red face right now.

Although I'm more surprised that people are surprised. Has it really never occurred to some that maybe it was her big brother? It always seemed to me that both explanations were equally likely. Too bad if it's true, always thought Dash should be an only child (Fluttershy too, but that train came and went already)

Also, Applejack's parents are officially dead, it seems, and we may learn how it happened in the future? I'm curious how the show is going to approach that topic.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2016-09-14 at 02:04 AM.