New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World V

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

...indeed there is, but not as expected, and definitely not one Clovis is familiar with. Over the structure of the old throne is a pile of hollow bones and masks, molded somewhat as a throne of sorts. A throne for a massive creature indeed.

But the pair don't have long to admire it, because a hail of lightning with the distinctive roar of cero bear down on Nuala and Clovis, blinding in their brilliance.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

Clovis reacts immediately, flashing to Nuala and dragging her off the path of the cero and onto one of the balconies overlooking the audience chamber, hidden behind a parapet. Clovis starts mumbling after he is mostly sure they are out of the creature's sight.

"Was that Nielle? I should have put more effort learning to tell behemoths apart, but I think I saw her fur markings... How did she get out of her vault, oh geez, this is troubling. I hope her siblings are still locked up."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #573
    Dwarf in the Playground

Finally, a problem she could solve herself. Escarabajo and Saltamontes hadn't caught up, yet. They always missed the good parts. She could have fought back, when her guide grabbed her, but the conversation was still fresh. Nuala was a mere human.

Cero impact and make a dazzling display, lightning and sheer power illuminating the massive room while shadows pour out from the eyes of Nuala's mask. The arrancar beside her spoke-- rambled, more than anything, but Nuala's focus drowns him out. Her features are cast in sharp, flickering relief by an object she holds. Couched between her hands, buzzing in and out of visibility while flecks of green light scatter off her skin. Somewhere in their flight from the hail of cero, the woman had grabbed one of them and taken it with her.

The object shivers, expanding and contracting like a confused eye, electricity crackling off its face. "Na good enough," she comments. It could be true lightning, it could be a sun, a mote of pure brilliance amidst the darkness, she tells it, spinning a story about its potential. The cero's shine grows brighter still as she masters the single cero, and directs its light into a blinding spotlight, searching the great chamber for its source.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Orc in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

Nuala has a hard time tracking it, but all she's sure of is that it's big. Too big for how agile it's proving to be, in fact, as soon as Clovis pulls his charge in this place away, there's a burning roar as a blazing cero rockets for the balcony, causing it to explode spectacularly.

A vicious roar echoes through the hall.

"SEVERIN! You'll not cage me again, you court buffoon. I'll break this hall apart and bring it crashing down on all of us before I go back there!"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

Clovis shouts back in a tone reminiscent of a teacher scolding a student.

"I don't like the tone you are using for my official position little lady! Your grandfather ordered you and your siblings locked for your own good until you all ceased your tantrum!"

Clovis then pauses.

"And then we got ourselves sealed away for a millennium and a half so maybe it is time to let you all out, but clearly you at least should still be reflecting!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #576
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

"Hm," is the only thing Nuala has to say about the situation. Clearly there is some unresolved history, here. It's none of her business, though. As far as she is concerned, Nuala had been attacked on approach. Excellent. Beneath her mask, her face splits into a wild grin even as the new cero speeds toward them.

Practically vanishing from the balcony, she releases her enhanced cero on the same trajectory as the new one came from, and comes to rest on the floor of the immense auditorium. Green light like water splashes off her feet and legs, and more gathers along her body. Newly acquired zanpakuto in both hands, she makes a dash for the direction of the Hollow's voice.
    Last edited by Ammutseba; 2017-06-19 at 08:57 PM.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Orc in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

Another hole is blown into the side of the hall with the explosion, and though Nuala doesn't see or hear the beast perish, she knows it couldn't possibly be that easy.

As she touches down there's a flurry of movement, in fact, as something huge flashes next to her and looms, bringing down a massive claw. With broad shoulders, thick violet fur with patterns of lighter swirls, and a pair of great forward horns above a maw of great razor-sharp teeth and below a thick mane that runs the length of her back, Nielle is... well, a beast. Her mask is nestled between the horns, with similar swirling patterns to her fur, yellow eyes shining through the gaps made for her eyes.

She's almost kind of beautiful, in a really savage way.

Clovis also knows that she's easily the biggest of her sisters.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #578
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

With a flash of steel and movement, Nuala raises her sword to meet the behemoth's falling claw, weathering the immensity of the blow as the two weapons come together with a clash of bright green sparks. She doesn't flinch, and she doesn't flee. She flexes her wrist, shrugging the attack just to the side, and goes straight for the throat in every sense of the phrase. She could be an Olympian, a force of nature, the schism of a glacier; the story she tells her body.

Propelling herself off the ground with the force of a rocket, she closes the little gap left between them in an instant. With an underhanded slash and a cry of fury, she tests her sword's edge against the beast's hide.
    Last edited by Ammutseba; 2017-06-20 at 04:35 AM.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Orc in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

Nielle's eyes narrow as she lets out a snarl on recognizing the blade.

"A death god? Who'd have known you'd stoop so low!"

As Nuala darts forward, Nielle hops back, and brings forth a great webbed tail to slam into the fullbringer with bone-breaking force.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #580
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

Not wasting her time on banter, Nuala adjusts her poise in mid-air, striking out at the creature's tail at the same time it hits her. Though it breaks the skin in a couple of places, she manages to rebound off Nielle's attack, putting some distance between herself and the towering monster.

But she doesn't pause. She takes her right hand off her sword, reaches into the white messenger bag secured around her, and draws forth an item. The messenger bag shimmers, practically exploding as it transforms into a similar container, but a purer white and made with many feathers. The item is at first a silver bundle of ginto tubes, but as they are exposed, they separate and take on new shapes. Thick, synthesized soul-silver orbs, as large as the woman's fist, floating at fixed points around her body. One of them begins to open, prompting Nuala to take up the te ura gasumi stance with her sword. "Nathair!" she shouts, making a field of green mist around herself just a touch more visible.
    Last edited by Ammutseba; 2017-06-20 at 06:15 AM.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

Clovis rises from his hiding spot a bit.

"Oh, no. That's a mortal shaman with a stolen zanpakuto. Quite the combo, don't you agree?"

"Anyway, you girls look like you are having fun, so I will just stay here for now, pay me no mind!"

Yeah, he is definitely not there anymore.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #582
    Orc in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

Nielle's eyes narrow again. It doesn't seem like she much cares for the specifics of the situation. She lets out a roar, jumping back and rearing up on her hind legs... before a flurry of three explosive comet-ceros plummet quickly towards Nuala.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #583
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

Rather than away from the ceros, Nuala charges directly for them. She weaves past the comets, assisted by jets and sheets of green mist that drive distance between her and the fiery ceros, and closer to Nielle, her sword still raised in the same position. One of the clocha around her pops open, releasing an explosion of a heavy cloud of drúcht anam into the air around her. She shifts her stance, nearly kneeling as she intones the words, "Beir ar na Gealaí." The cloud swirls and plummets inward onto itself, turning swiftly into frozen fog. The cloud vanishes all but entirely, and leaves the behemoth immobilized in its wake.

And then Nuala bursts forward suddenly. The mist still clinging to her pulls and pushes. Her momentum shifts upward. Her zanpakuto slashes heavily, dragging its blade up the entirety of Nielle's exposed belly and chest.
    Last edited by Ammutseba; 2017-06-21 at 12:52 PM.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Orc in the Playground

Nielle stands frozen for a moment as Nuala charges, and for a moment it seems as if she might get this maneuver off flawlessly - before the behemoth roars, shattering the ice and bearing back down with massive claws.

Simultaneously, there's a crack in the air as a flurry of lightning-like cero strike all around her like a furious storm of the gods.

"Shinigami or not, you'll not be sending me to hell!"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #585
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pale green mist wraps around Nuala's legs and arms, assisting her shift from her offensive stance to a defensive one in an instant, and another cloch opens partway. Weathering the storm of cero, she focuses on the monster's massive claws, judging whether she has time to cast another spell before they strike her. In that moment, Nielle comes down atop her, sharpened nails tearing through her dress and skin. But something stops them short, and they scrape the rest of the way off.

Nuala slides back with the force of the impact, bleeding and burned from the exchange. "So," she says as if her mind were elsewhere, "tha's hierro."

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Soul King Palace
    Rin's Inner Sanctum

Working with a holographic display in one of her deepest laboratories, Rin is shaken from her thoughts by a sudden beeping noise from a computer mounted on her left forearm. Swiping her sleeve back, she examines the readout for a few seconds before chuckling softly to herself.

"Beautifully done. Now, I wonder..."

She taps at the console.

"Takenaka Chouko..."

The display in front of her pulses.

Simulations Complete. No Anomalies Found.

"Begin automated construction."

Turning away, Rin heads for a nearby opening in space.

"Time to go."
    [Soul King's Palace, Royal Realm]
    [Staging Area]

Rin would find Masamune kneeling on the ground in the middle of the round platform that served as the "staging area" for the Royal Realm; it was from here they could take capsules or portals to Soul Society to visit. For whatever reason. It was a simple space, a path of stone leading back to the bridge that connected to the central Palace (which was below, far below, the Soul King's personal realm/demesne/sanctum), which was in turn connected to each of their own Realms and Sanctums. Aside from the path that terminated at the open-air edge of the platform, there was grass and a scattering of flowers.

Masamune's eyes were closed, and he held Seitou carefully, almost lovingly in his lap as he simply sat there, being. Existing. Meditating.

"Are your preparations complete, Ki-Rin Empress? This may be one of our most solemn duties this day. It seems best to be utterly prepared."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

17. - Top - End - #587
    Orc in the Playground

[Royal Realm]
    (Staging Area)

Kusuma is also waiting nearby, clad in his royal guard robe and hand on his zanpaktou... and he's whistling a bit.

"Solemn or not, duty is duty. We're bound by it, so might as well not be so glum about it." Insensitive maybe, but Kusuma had his own way of doing things.

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

Nielle doesn't waste time, pouncing forward with a furious biting and clawing of a feral, desperate beast, cero lightning striking in all directions to prevent an easy escape.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #588
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Royal Realm]
    Staging Area

Rin, as is her frequent custom, appears out of a Senkaimon rather than walking the full path from her realm. She has a few folders tucked under one arm.

"I apologize for my tardiness; I was monitoring the situation on the ground."

She holds up the papers.

"I have compiled basic dossiers on persons of interest within the Soul Society. Captains, mostly. Basic personality traits, personal histories, known abilities. Nothing in-depth, but it may be useful. You should have enough time in transit to get through these."

Judging by the size of the folders, Rin may have different ideas about "basic" and how long it takes to read something than most people. There's one for both Masamune and Kusuma, which is offered politely and withdrawn without reaction if rejected.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

Lightning. She could be lightning. Nuala doesn't back down, leaping forward into the charging Nielle with a great and sudden force, cool under pressure despite her aggression. She swings her foot down from overhead, a variation on the aerial axe and butterfly kicks, but with a speed bolstered by Nathair. The metal of her boots could be a jackhammer, striking with the strength to sunder mountains.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Staging Area]
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Royal Realm]
    (Staging Area)

Kusuma is also waiting nearby, clad in his royal guard robe and hand on his zanpaktou... and he's whistling a bit.

"Solemn or not, duty is duty. We're bound by it, so might as well not be so glum about it." Insensitive maybe, but Kusuma had his own way of doing things.
    Masamune sighs and opens his eyes with a slight smile.

"Allow an old man his moments of gravity, Kusuma. It makes my moments of levity all the better, yes?"

He stood, stowing his ancient sword at his side.
    [Royal Realm]
    Staging Area

Rin, as is her frequent custom, appears out of a Senkaimon rather than walking the full path from her realm. She has a few folders tucked under one arm.

"I apologize for my tardiness; I was monitoring the situation on the ground."

She holds up the papers.

"I have compiled basic dossiers on persons of interest within the Soul Society. Captains, mostly. Basic personality traits, personal histories, known abilities. Nothing in-depth, but it may be useful. You should have enough time in transit to get through these."

Judging by the size of the folders, Rin may have different ideas about "basic" and how long it takes to read something than most people. There's one for both Masamune and Kusuma, which is offered politely and withdrawn without reaction if rejected.
    Masamune grins as she hands out the folders.

"Never do anything by half-measures, do you Rin? Hehe, oh, and one just for me? How nice of you!"

He flips through the dossiers quickly, before going very still. He then looks at the Ki-Rin Empress, his face deadly serious.

"Is what this says about the current Commander-General accurate?"

21. - Top - End - #591

[Royal Realm]
    Staging Area

"Two halves are less than a whole."

Rin begins preparing the transport the group will use, compelling a cylinder to rise from the stones in the center of the staging area.

"It is. I do not, unfortunately, have a full analysis of his Zanpakuto; that would be a substantial project and lies outside my area of expertise."

The cylinder slides open, revealing empty space. She steps aside, turning back to face Kusuma and Masamune.

"It is ready. We may depart as soon as you are ready."

[Soul Society]
    Outside the Southern Gate of the Seireitei

Five humans and a hospital bed blink into existence without warning. Naito steps forward and looks around, visibly unimpressed.

"Kinda thought it would be...not this."

Aoi moves behind Katsuo's bed, positioned to push it once the group starts moving.

Outside the Western Gate of the Seireitei

Jehoel's head snaps towards the southeast. Looking back at the orchestra, he nods before walking back into the Seireitei.

"Inform me if you require additional assistance."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2017-06-24 at 08:58 PM.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Staging Area]
    [Royal Realm]
    Staging Area

"Two halves are less than a whole."

Rin begins preparing the transport the group will use, compelling a cylinder to rise from the stones in the center of the staging area.

"It is. I do not, unfortunately, have a full analysis of his Zanpakuto; that would be a substantial project and lies outside my area of expertise."

The cylinder slides open, revealing empty space. She steps aside, turning back to face Kusuma and Masamune.

"It is ready. We may depart as soon as you are ready."
    Masamune flashed a quick, "dazzling" smile at Rin that was probably ruined by his form currently being that of a hunched old man with a big grey beard.

"You're great at riddles, you know that, Rin? Hehe!"

He sobers a bit as the cylinder rises and she confirms the information in front of them. The folder is, for the moment, tucked away under his arm.

"Curioser and curioser. I think it would be best if I was the one to speak with the Commander-General. I'm sure all of us will have someone we wish to have a conversation with when the time comes."

He settles in inside the cylinder, and gives another smile, and an eyebrow-waggle, at Rin.

"You know I'm always ready, Rin! Hehe!"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Soul Society]
    [Southern Gate, Seireitei/Rukon Border]
    [Soul Society]
    Outside the Southern Gate of the Seireitei

Five humans and a hospital bed blink into existence without warning. Naito steps forward and looks around, visibly unimpressed.

"Kinda thought it would be...not this."

Aoi moves behind Katsuo's bed, positioned to push it once the group starts moving.
    Chuck steps forward and shakes his head, blinking.

"Well that's an interesting sensation and no mistake. Nice trick, ah, Aoi. Suppose I know good as anyone sheilas can be right tricky in a pinch."

Oh wow he's leaning on the slang, he's gotta be nervous.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]

"...I sense our timing could hardly be much worse." Shinji offers, almost timidly.

The way he's frowning, it's easy to tell he has a massive headache.

"...so many echoes..."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Soul Society]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    [Soul Society]

"...I sense our timing could hardly be much worse." Shinji offers, almost timidly.

The way he's frowning, it's easy to tell he has a massive headache.

"...so many echoes..."
    Chuck turned, his gaze sharpening as he looked at Shinji.

"Shinji, any chance you could give a bit more detail than that? Kind of a worrisome evaluation, there..."

25. - Top - End - #595
    Orc in the Playground

"S'kinda hard to explain, but... the living make spiritual impressions on the things they touch, where they live... emotional and otherwise. The dead, even moreso.

We're at the epicenter of where nearly half the souls get to spend their afterlife. I'm picking up a LOT of that, so... kinda hard to shut it out. I'll be fine,
    though. We need to find the nearest Shinigami."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

26. - Top - End - #596
    Orc in the Playground

[Royal Realm]

Kusuma smirks a little at the exchange, standing up from his seat against the wall and stepping into the cylinder, whistling a little tune. He leafs through the 'light reading' Rin offered.

"Just like old times, hm?"

Outside the Western Gate of the Seireitei

Jehoel's head snaps towards the southeast. Looking back at the orchestra, he nods before walking back into the Seireitei.

"Inform me if you require additional assistance."
    "Of course, sir." They bow in tandem and then rocket back off for engineering.

(Elsewhere)

Katsuo is as unconscious as he was on the other side of the teleportation magics, with a notably pale, sweaty look. He's gritting his teeth in his sleep, as well...
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

"The same way anyone gets stronger: exercise!

...though perhaps we're going to need to condition you to accept what this kind of exercise is first."
    Suguri tilted her head. "What do you mean?" she asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598

[Royal Realm]
    Staging Area

"Mmh, yes. Quite."

Rin is far too straight-laced to ever be openly rude to a superior, but Masamune has done an impressive job of of testing just how close she's willing to skirt to it over the centuries. She favors Kusuma with a small smile.

"Excitement abounds."

She follows him in, pensively tapping a finger to her lips as she sits down.

"I wonder if I'll be able to see any of my grandchildren while we're down there..."

She places one hand on the wall. Glowing lines emanate out over the interior of the sphere. Rin holds up three fingers. Two. One. The transport launches.

[Seireitei]
    Outside Southern Gate

Naito cracks their knuckles.

"Wish granted."

Naito springs forward, slamming one fist into the gate. The structure rumbles, but holds even after two more blows. Naito steps back.

"Knock kno...wait. Do you guys see that?"

Outside Command Division HQ

A small, transparent dome of force manifests outside the front doors of the command division, rapidly expanding until a thirty foot wide area has been cleared. With a whistling crack, the transport of the Royal Guard shatters the dome as it lands, slamming into the ground with all the force of a meteor. Inside, Rin stands as she completes a second Kido incantation. With little fanfare, she turns invisible as the spell bends light around her.

"Meet with the commander as you planned, Masamune. I will ensure there are no...untoward actions taken in the mean time."

The cylinder opens. The Squad Zero has made their presence known within the Soul Society.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Suguri tilted her head. "What do you mean?" she asked.
    "The kind of power you just displayed is connected to your survival instincts. So, when you are made to fight, they come to the fore.
    But you don't like to fight. So we will have to find some other way to condition that power in you."

- - - Updated - - -

[Royal Realm]
    Staging Area

"Mmh, yes. Quite."

Rin is far too straight-laced to ever be openly rude to a superior, but Masamune has done an impressive job of of testing just how close she's willing to skirt to it over the centuries. She favors Kusuma with a small smile.

"Excitement abounds."

"I wonder if I'll be able to see any of my grandchildren while we're down there..."

She places one hand on the wall. Glowing lines emanate out over the interior of the sphere. Rin holds up three fingers. Two. One. The transport launches.

[Seireitei]
    Outside Southern Gate

"Wish granted."

Naito springs forward, slamming one fist into the gate. The structure rumbles, but holds even after two more blows. Naito steps back.

A small, transparent dome of force manifests outside the front doors of the command division, rapidly expanding until a thirty foot wide area has been cleared. With a whistling crack, the transport of the Royal Guard shatters the dome as it lands, slamming into the ground with all the force of a meteor. Inside, Rin stands as she completes a second Kido incantation. With little fanfare, she turns invisible as the spell bends light around her.

"Meet with the commander as you planned, Masamune. I will ensure there are no...untoward actions taken in the mean time."

The cylinder opens. The Squad Zero has made their presence known within the Soul Society.
    As the ground shudders, the Commander-General curses under his breath. Of course, this is the Royal Guard they're talking about. They have no reason to go through the gate or the Shakonmaku when they can just come knocking straight at the door to Command HQ.

It's bad enough he'll have to report that he personally engaged in a duel with Wan Li Lin. Now he's breaking protocol by not being at the doorstep to receive the Royal Guard.

Thankfully, Koutarou has an excellent Shunpou, so he's able to cover the distance from the Combat Division grounds to the Command HQ in short order. If Masamune had been sipping tea, it wouldn't even have had time to cool.

"The Black Tortoise King, I presume." Koutarou offers with a bow. "I bid you welcome to Seireitei.
    Would that it be under better circumstances."

[At the gate]

Huh. Must be a cloud passing by. It sure got dark all of a sudden.

"AHEM."

Oh. There's a giant standing in front of the kids.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2017-06-28 at 08:15 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Soul Society]
    "S'kinda hard to explain, but... the living make spiritual impressions on the things they touch, where they live... emotional and otherwise. The dead, even moreso.

We're at the epicenter of where nearly half the souls get to spend their afterlife. I'm picking up a LOT of that, so... kinda hard to shut it out. I'll be fine, though. We need to find the nearest Shinigami."
    Chuck just frowns and looks pensive at that thought.
    (Elsewhere)

Katsuo is as unconscious as he was on the other side of the teleportation magics, with a notably pale, sweaty look. He's gritting his teeth in his sleep, as well...
    He looks over to Katsuo, worry now creasing his face.
    "Right, we need to keep moving."
    [Seireitei]
    Outside Southern Gate

"Wish granted."

"Hopefully you didn't crack anyth-"

He stops and looks up at the falling meteor from the sky.

"Well, that's kind of ominous. We might have to keep our heads down once we're inside."
    [At the gate]

Huh. Must be a cloud passing by. It sure got dark all of a sudden.

"AHEM."

Oh. There's a giant standing in front of the kids.
    Chuck blinks and looks around for a moment.

"That's weird, I thought it was a clear day a seco-CRIKEY YOU'RE A BIG ONE MATE AIN'T YOU?!?"

His weapons don't form but that's about the only thing that doesn't happen in his shock. He's defensive, but not aggressive.

"Well that was a right fright there, but, ah, nice to meet you?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Staging Area]
    [Royal Realm]

Kusuma smirks a little at the exchange, standing up from his seat against the wall and stepping into the cylinder, whistling a little tune. He leafs through the 'light reading' Rin offered.

"Just like old times, hm?"
    Masamune smiles, but for a moment it doesn't reach his eyes.
    "Yeah. Almost just, anyways."
    His mood brightens quickly, though.
    [Royal Realm]
    Staging Area

"Mmh, yes. Quite."

"Excitement abounds."

Masamune, ever the expert of "dancing on the line", elects not to upset the woman about to drop them from great height at great speed. Much.

"We all need a bit of excitement now and again. It's like a hammer blow to keep shaping us, after all."

Leave it to him to use blacksmithing as an analogy.

"Well, if I have any say I'll make sure you get the time."

Hm. No flirting. Just genuine compassion and camaraderie. Weird. And then they're off!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Seireitei, Soul Society]
    [Grounds of Command Division]

Masamune nods, and despite still looking like a hunched and shriveled old man in his formal Shihakushō, a knobby walking stick in one hand, other hand tucked behind his back, he strides out with the mannerisms of a king, his disguised sword making clear, strong *tap tap* sounds as he walks forward.

"Naturally, and appreciated."
    As the ground shudders, the Commander-General curses under his breath. Of course, this is the Royal Guard they're talking about. They have no reason to go through the gate or the Shakonmaku when they can just come knocking straight at the door to Command HQ.

It's bad enough he'll have to report that he personally engaged in a duel with Wan Li Lin. Now he's breaking protocol by not being at the doorstep to receive the Royal Guard.

Thankfully, Koutarou has an excellent Shunpou, so he's able to cover the distance from the Combat Division grounds to the Command HQ in short order. If Masamune had been sipping tea, it wouldn't even have had time to cool.

"The Black Tortoise King, I presume." Koutarou offers with a bow. "I bid you welcome to Seireitei.
    Would that it be under better circumstances."

Masamune stops, and for several long moments he simply stares at Koutarou, his grey beard blowing in the wind. Finally, he speaks, his voice carrying easily despite the Royal Guard not putting much volume in it. The air seems still around them.

"Commander-General, it is good to know you are capable of offering regular welcome to members of the Royal Guard. I am curious, mind, just what it is you think makes these circumstances less than ideal?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[Seireitei, Soul Society]
    [Combat Division HQ]

Captain Masaru stood at the gates of his Division, clean and dry, wearing his full uniform, albeit plus his own personal add-ons. His Division is manning various posts in the HQ, and a few scattered about the Seireitei. Many of them stand in readiness in the barracks and other large spaces, tensions high. Masaru himself felt tense, but his orders had been clear.

He felt at least traces of the new presences in Soul Society, but for now their full might had not been unleashed.

So instead of being in action, or even sitting and talking, he just stood and waited. It was unbearable. Especially knowing his self-sacrificial fool of a friend and CO might try to just take all the blame...