New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Episode II: The Gathering Storm IC Thread 2

"Korthi here."

Spoiler
    Show
    the GT had almost no security presence on the station; everyone is on Yaris trying to keep the peace.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Shyar took a breath. This was going to be tricky.

"Hello. I'm a friend of Laaz.

"I overheard a couple of your guards talking about that arms cache you confiscated from Wizbam still sitting in your secure area. Which is about to become the Kalatar's secure area. I don't think I need to tell you how bad that would be.

"Now I kind of like this place, civil war notwithstanding, and I've got a ship heading out of here. I can sneak those weapons out for you, if you can make it worth my time."

((Better of Persuasion - (1d20+7)[9] or 25))
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

"Do whatever you want," Korthi replied, "I've been advised to leave the system, immediately."

Through the comlink you can hear the sound of commotion in the background, and doors opening and closing. It would appear Korthi is already on the move.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-10-09 at 05:20 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"You mean I can just... have them?" Shyar asked, unable to believe her ears.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

The comlink goes dead, but you hear korthi's voice over the station's intercom a moment later.

"This is Roy Korthi, Kalatar forces are taking over the station. I advise all Muiridon and their allies to evacuate immediately. I repeat..."
    The message repeats itself, apparently on a loop.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-10-09 at 11:53 PM.
    TC for short

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Gial's brain was overclocking to try to reach a decision within short time. On one hand, they would be gunning for the very reason the Kalatar were taking over the station...on the other, money, lots of money.

"..."

"Ah,**** it. If we're caught, we can probably convince the Kalatar we were just trying to secure the weapons for them or something...but if we're quick, we won't be caught. Marren, keep the engines hot."
    he finally said to the team.

"Kayla, still there? Do you know where Ferrmore Security stashes their things?"
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

"On the security level," Kayla replied, "do you have space for passengers or not?"
    TC for short

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Well, of course.

"If they want to risk not getting off the station, we sure do."
    Gial replied back, while heading for the access ramp and peeking outside to check on the situation at Custom - best case, they won't need to use the secret passage.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

The wayward shadow hawk is docked at one of the hangars. Every turbolift heading to the hangar level from customs is jammed and people are running for their ships as soon as the doors open. You think you will have no problem getting to Security, but getting back to the hangars the conventional way might be an issue because of the crush of people trying to get out.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Shyar scowled as the line went dead and gave Laaz his comm back again. Then she dashed off, returning a moment later slinging her carbine over one shoulder. Stepping up beside Gial, she explained to Kayla, "Space is going to depend on how successful we are at getting to Wizbam's arms before the Kalatar do. Going to the top didn't work, so we're going to try going to the bottom instead."

Starting down the ramp, she said, "C'mon. We're not licked yet."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

There was silence from the comm for a second.

"Let me know if you get the goods," Kayla replied.

Shyar reached the end of the ramp. The hangar is relatively quiet, though there is a sense of near panic in the corridor beyond.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Will do. Gial, out." the Mon Cal replied, cutting the communication.

"Alright, to Security. I'll try to block one if the turbolifts so that others can't use it."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If nothing happens along the way, once we're on the turbolift Use Computer [best of (1d20+21)[36] (1d20+21)[34]] to have it result out of order to anyone without the unlock code (i.e. Gial).

13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Laaz stowed his comm and followed the others out of the ship. He drew his saber but did not ignite the blade.

Danger! He shot a mental message to the old man in the infirmary, in case he'd been forgotten in the chaos.

"Finally, a little action," he said to the others. "This station was getting a little to cozy anyway." He frowned. "Really wish I'd gotten some grenades, though."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"If you can do that, that'd be helpful," Shyar said to Gial.

"Not so fast. I still hope to talk them through this. If that fails, it's a judgement call..."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Gial is able to slice the turbolift and keep it stopped on the security level (and from being called to other levels if he wants).

You pass through customs without a check, it appears the security stations have been abandoned. There is a steady stream of aliens and humans exiting the station, one full turbolift at a time.

The security level is similarly abandoned, except for a protocol droid manning the reception desk. The holding cells are vacant, and the adjacent weapons lockers are all open and empty. There is a hallway behind the reception desk, leading to the Securotu offices and likely the vaults.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-10-17 at 01:05 AM.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"This place has gone to chaos fast," Shyar remarked as she pressed forward towards the vault.

((If the droid gets uppity she'll smash it, Attack - (1d20+11)[13] Damage - (2d8+9)[16]))

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

"Excuse me, do you have an appoin-" the droid started before it was smashed to pieces.

You can press on with speed to the vaults, or you can try to be quiet in case someone is still there.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    [..] and from being called to other levels if he wants.
    Yep.

"...you really do like smashing droids, don't you?" Gial commented. "We had one on our team before we hired you...I think I know what happened to it." he joked, the added "Let's hurry. We can probably deal with Ferrmore if there's still someone, not so sure with the Kalatar."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

You follow the hallway to an open security door leading to the vaults. Most of the heavy vault doors are closed, but one stands open, about twenty feet in front of you to the left.

It's been about seven minutes since you left the hangar.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Don't tell me you've never wanted to shut a protocol unit up before," Shyar retorted, but then held up a hand for silence as she spotted the open door. She sidled up alongside and peered around the frame.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

THe vault is filled with metal crates, stamped with Wizbam's Emporium's logo. Some of them are open, others are stacked on top of each other. A pile of what look like missiles for a shoulder fired rocket are stacked against one wall. A cargo lifter stands between you and four figures, three of them dark skinned muiridons, two have slung rifles and are holding vibroblades while a third is holding a heavy blaster pistol to a kneeling Veronica Ors' head.

They are all facing the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    not in combat yet, but roll initiative to see who acts first.
    (1d20+7)[11]
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-10-19 at 03:19 AM.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #52

NinjaGuy

Show
    Initiative: (1d20+8)[25]

As Laaz turned the corner, he took in Veronica's predicament. He tightened his grip on his saber but did not ignite it. Yet.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Can you get the gun?" Shyar whispered to Laaz.

((Inititative - (1d20+9)[28]))
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2016-10-19 at 02:09 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    "Can you get the gun?" Shyar whispered to Laaz.
    "Not exactly," Laaz whispered back. "But I can keep that guy from firing the gun. And if that gives a Veronica an opening to make a break for it, I can give her a pretty good chance of getting away."

His grimace turned to a smirk as he glanced over at Shyar. "I'm guessing you can handle a few guys with knives?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

"It's not the Kalatar," one of the Muiridons said, sounding a bit surprised.

"Get out of here before someone gets hurt," the one with the pistol said.
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Gial's disposition towards talky protocol droids was going to remain forever a mistery (if the subject wouldn't come up again, I mean) as he never did have time to answer.

The Muiridon's presence was...well, something that even a kid should have been able to at least think as likely, and the Mon Cal cursed himself for completely overlooking such a possibility. Fortunately, though, his contingency plan for an encounter with the Kalatar was, with a few changes, perfectly applicable here.

"I'd say no one needs to get hurt, seeing as you're not the Kalatar either." he replied, opening his palms to show he wielded no weapons and meant no harm...to them. "Easy, guys." he then added, turning to Shyar and Laaz, before returning to address the group of Muiridons. "Actually, if you let me explain, I have a proposal that would benefit all of us."

"You see, my associates and I have some...unresolved issues with both the Kalatar and Wizbam, the guy these goods were taken from. We intended to take these weapons and sell them to the Muiridon, but profit is secondary: what really matters is that neither the Kalatar nor Wizbam get them. So, here's my proposal: we smuggle you and the weapons out of the station, and you make sure all these weapons are use to kill as many Kalatars as possible. Deal?"

Show
    Deception: (1d20+14)[16]
    Persuasion (1d20+9)[13]

I hate you, RNG.
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2016-10-20 at 08:07 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

"Fine," the pistol holder said.

"We're here for the focusing chambers and targeting chips, but someone," he said, pressing the pistols into Veronica's cheek, "won't tell us which crates they're in."

"Keep looking," he said to the two with the swords, and they go back to cutting open a crate.

"If you could help convince her, we could get out of here quicker," he said to Gial.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-10-20 at 09:07 AM.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

For a moment Gial thought that his offer was to good to not arise suspicion, but it looked like playing the "I hate Kalatar too" card was the right choice.

"I see." Gial replied. "But you know what'd be even quicker on the long run? Bringing everything on our ship and take our time to do everything once we're out of reach of the Kalatar's vessels. I estimate a dozen trips, even less if we find a second loader, and we have direct and exclusive turbolift access to the hangar."

Show
    Persuasion: (1d20+9)[29]

"And, please, if you'd be so kind as to calm her down?" he then added turning to Laaz. "We wouldn't want anyone doing anything...rash."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't have time for that," the muridon replied, "they're boarding the station now."
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Gial nodded with a sigh. "I hoped there would be a little more resistance...but I guess you're right." he replied, turning to the Muiridon for a moment then back to look expectantly at Laaz. Hopefully he'd know what he was supposed to do even if the plan wasn't discussed beforehand.