New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Episode II: The Gathering Storm IC Thread 2

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Primarily, I was trying to determine if there were any pistol or heavy blaster rifle type weapons in there. Second, I was trying to see if there was anything interesting about them, but since I have no skills that would help, I'll do this instead.

Shyar lifted one of the rifles out, flipped the safety off, and gave it a trial by putting a bolt into the nearest Muiridon's head.

Then she looked up, and lent a hand stacking missiles. "It's... complicated. And sensitive. It's probably best you don't know, unless you want birdbrains to sic his lawyers on you too when the dust settles."
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, okay," Veronica said, and went back to moving missiles. The opened crate (that doesn't contain the turbolaser parts) only has blaster rifles, but who knows what's in the other crates.

As Shyar lifts the blaster rifle to her shoulder, she notices a small hologram appear around the sight showing distance to target and some kind trailing 'V'.. she thinks it would help her lead a moving target. The blaster bolt is sizzling red and appears to do more damage than a standard blaster rifle. Chunks of brain and bits of bone spatter around the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    the blaster rifle is enhanced with superior tech accuracy and a pulse charger for +2 accuracy and +3 damage.

"Poodoo!" Veronica said as she almost dropped the missile, "...was he... still alive?"
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-11-01 at 07:44 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Nice. Messy, but nice," Shyar thought out loud. "You should all take one of these on the way out, even if it's not for you. Shame to blow them all up.

"If he was, the Kalatar would've just killed him when they took over. Might be some torture first ,so I may have done the poor bastard a favor."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Don't worry, he was dead." Gial reassured Veronica, though he of course wasn't actually sure and didn't care anyway.

Show
    Taking 10 for 24 Deception if needed.

"And yes, these look quite nice." he added, taking a blaster for himself. Then, he started himself to position some missiles around the room, arranging them the way, in his opinion, would have maximised damage to the crates.

Show
    If it can be attempted at all, manual says it's a secret roll.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

It takes about three or four minutes to get the missiles spread about the room. Vernoica tries to help but mostly just gets in the way. As you set the last missile, it occurs to you that you'll need a way to detonate them. Unfortunately you don't have any kind of detonator or timer.

You could try to rig something up
    Spoiler
    Show
    mechanics
    or you could try to toss an explosive into the room and hope the overpressure of the missiles or possible secondary explosions don't kill you.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

With Veronica's help, Gial is able to rig up a timer which will allow you to detonate the vault from a safe distance. The whole thing takes less than a minute.

Spoiler
    Show
    do you levitate the last crate (which will slow you down), or blow it with the rest of the contraband? Who takes blaster rifles?
    TC for short

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Post Re: Episode II: The Gathering Storm IC Thread 2

Shyar checked her chrono and cursed. "Looks like we'll have another fight on our hands getting out. Leave that last crate here, we can't afford a distraction." She started up the cargo pallet. "We'll get this thing moving towards the lift. Catch up when you're finished!"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

The group makes it to the turbolifts without incident. It's cramped with the four of you and the cargo lifter, but you manage to all squeeze in. Once inside, Gial is able to control the car's destination due to his previous slicing efforts.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-11-05 at 08:52 PM.
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Shyar shuffled next to Laaz. Turning to present her blaster wound, she said, "If you have a minute, I could use that magic touch of yours."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

In the few quiet moments they have in the lift, Laaz reconfigured Shyar's vital forces with a light touch.
    Last edited by LazyNinja; 2016-11-06 at 10:45 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

The doors close, sealing you in. Thanks to Gial's previous hotwiring of the turbolift controls, you have complete control over the car.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Shyar sighed in relief, nodded a thanks to Laaz, then she turned and punched the button for the hangar deck. Next she dialed up Kayla's number. "So we were only able to get about half the goods out. We're on our way to the hangar now. How's it looking up there?"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Shyar goes to push the button for the docking bay level, only to realize the turbolift shaft only goes as high as customs. She'll have to pick another level.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-11-07 at 01:21 AM.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

An annoyed Shyar settled for whatever was closest to the docking bay.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

"The Kalatar military is locking everything down, we barely got out," Kayla replied.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d20)[6][6](12)

You realize just before the lift reaches Customs that the Kalatar may already be there and you have the option to stop the turbolift before the doors open if you wish.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-11-07 at 03:23 AM.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Damn, we're just running into their arms."

"Alright, change of plans."
    Gial announced, stopping the turbolift and having it leave for another floor. "Next stop, Rust Bucket."

He then brought his hand to the comm. "Marren, sitrep."

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

"We're primed and ready to go," Marren replied, "where the hell are you guys?"

The turbolift stops and changes directions, opening at the Hardware level with a *ding*.

The muffled sound of shouting reaches your ears just before the doors open and mob of sentients of all races rushes at the car as they open, threatening to crush you back. There must be hundreds of them trying to get off the station.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-11-07 at 06:20 PM.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Couldn't go through Customs, we're headed for the VIP entr- what the h- WO WO WOOO!!!!!!" Gial cried out in surprise as the crowd started trying to get into the turbolift.

Being crushed back was...definitely not pleasant, and there's only way to get a panicked crowd to do something: pulling out his blaster, he fired a warning shot upwards (though possibly aimed out of the turbolift) and then leveld the weapon on the sentients in front of him.

"BACK OFF!"

Show
    Intimidation (1d20+9)[13]

If someone else also Intimidates, consider this an Aid Another action.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Emote, Gial.

Show
    Enlighten. (1d20)[8] = 25 instead of 13.
    Last edited by LazyNinja; 2016-11-08 at 05:59 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Hangar swarming with Kalatar yet?" Shyar asked Marren.

"Wai-" she started to say as Gial opened the doors, right into the face of the same panicked mob they had passed on the way down.

She unslung her carbine and discharged both barrels into the ceiling. "Ferrmore security! Clear the way!"

((Aid - (1d20+7)[18]
    Deception - (1d20+15)[19] to make the ruse stick))

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Though the crowd initially ignores you, pushed by those behind, the fired blaster bolts and shouts of ferrmore security, combined with Veronica actually wearing a ferrmore security uniform, suffices to break them up enough to allow you to force your way through with the sled. The crowd is about forty people deep before quickly thinning out. Towards the rear, carrying a heavy load of various droid parts, you are spotted by Danko, the proprietor of Danko's Droids. The muiridon's eyes widen as he recognizes you as you pass. A moment goes by as his brain takes in the fact you're running away from the lift.

"Wait! Take me with you!" he shouts, running after you.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

"Still quiet in the hangar, the door to the corridor is closed so not sure what's going on out there," Marren replied over the comlink.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Gial's first thought was, of course, to ignore Danko. His second, though, was that if the Kalatar didn't kill him on sight he could have ratted them out - out of spite, and in an attempt to trade his life for information. An undesirable outcome.

There was also the fact that if possible he'd rather not have Veronica know of the secret tunnel, and Danko could prove useful in that regard - slim chance, but still.

"...alright, come." he says to the muiridon, gesturing to follow the group.

If he did end up being too much of a nuisance, anyway, the worst case solution was just a blaster shot away.

"Veronica...right? Do you know of alternative ways to the hangar or outside the station? Service tunnels? Old mine shafts?"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

"Uhh, sorry," Veronica replied, "it's only my third day."

"I was just going to head to my apartment on Living and wait this out for a while.," she said.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-11-10 at 08:12 PM.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Seeing the opportunity to ditch the fuzz before revealing the tunnel, Shyar chimed, "How sensible. Can you make it from here, or would you rather blast through the Kalatar fleet?"

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Danko looked back and forth between Shyar and Veronica a few times, his mouth slightly open.
    Spoiler
    Show
    .(1d20)[9]

"I'm going with her," he said.

He and Veronica make their way to the far side of hardware and another set of turbolifts that serve hardware living and entertainment.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-11-11 at 12:25 AM.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Shyar bit her tongue to keep herself from poking fun at the happy couple and potentially ruining the stroke of luck. Scarcely were they out of earshot before she said, "Ow. Rutht Bucket it ith."

((You didn't mention if he took it, but if Danko left his stuff behind, she'll pinch that too.))
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2016-11-11 at 12:56 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Danko took his prized possessions with him. The group makes its way to the Rusty Bucket without further incident. The shop appears intact, though the area is more or less deserted except for a few looters running about with their booty.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Drawing the trusty carbine, Shyar ran ahead into the store to scare off anyone inside.

((Persuasion - (1d20+7)[25] to get them to clear out))

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

The inside of the shop is deserted, Shyar doesn't notice anyone, and the Rusty Bucket remains untouched.

Perhaps the groups reputation has kept would be looters at bay.
    TC for short