New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Episode II: The Gathering Storm IC Thread 2

"...I fail to see how that would make the fight interesting. A boring fight with a hundred credit wager is still boring."

It sounded far more impressive than 'I don't have a hundred credits to bet you' would have, anyway.

Still, she got up to follow Shyar and Krandaar. They might still need a translator. And who knows... the fight might not be boring, anyway...

2. - Top - End - #242
    Pixie in the Playground

There was nothing particular that Jezika wanted to do, but as one of the others challenged the Wookie to spar, she couldn't resist following the crowd to the basement to observe. Was there someone who could take on a Wookie hand to hand? It would also be useful to get to know a little more about her new associates.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

A wrestling mat meant there should be protective pads around somewhere. Shyar went looking for them.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Shyar is able to find some protective gear, but there is nothing which will fit Krandaar, so he eschews them. The big Wookiee adopts a fighting stance, waiting for you to come to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    initiative: (1d20+4)[10]
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Before the bout begins, Laaz whispers to Shyar, "There's no money riding on this, so maybe you should let the wookiee win."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ready to time skip.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Later that afternoon Wizbam leaves the safe house for about an hour and a half, returning after dark in a lambda class shuttle, landing neatly in a field behind the house.

"Everyone still alive?" he called as he entered, followed by a bulky loader droid carrying a large box, "I brought presents."

He unslung a designer satchel and emptied its contents onto the coffee table. There is a pack for each of you, detailing false names, birth dates, details about your past, planet of origin, id numbers, etc.

"Since you're posing as Alliance recruits, there won't be any questions why you're not that familiar with any of the standard protocols aboard the Vigilant," he continued as the loader unpacked the box, revealing a pair of grey GT navy uniforms for each of you, along with rank insignias, boots, and a blaster pistol.

"I also brought this, parting gift," he said, pulling a half dozen computer spikes from a pocket on his robe and laying them on the table as well.

"Obviously you can't bring your own weapons, but I'm sure you'll be able to find something fitting in the armory," he said.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Fight Club
    Show
    Shyar grunted an affirmative at Laaz and stepped onto the mat, taking up a basic en garde position. She circled a bit, taking Kraandar's measure.

She knew that wookiees were all upper body strength. But they were fairly stiff on footwork, and that was key to beating them, because trying to duke it out toe-to-toe was a losing proposition. She also knew fighting wookiees was a bit like performing an appendectomy on yourself-even if you knew what you were doing, it was going to hurt a bit.

She faked a lunge right, then swung left to take a shot Kraandar's side.
    ((Initiative - (1d20+8)[26]
    Designating Kraandar as Prime Target.
    I'm going to optimistically assume I rolled something other than a 1 and take my turn.
    Two swifts for Combat Trickery - (1d20+15)[22]
    Standard to charge and Rapid Strike - (1d20+14)[31]
    IDK how you intend to work this, "pretend damage" equal to regular damage? Damage - (2d10+6)[15] plus (1d10)[7] damage and -1 CT if the trick worked.))

Shyar started sorting and distributing packets, but paused when Wizbam pulled something from his pockets. "What're those?"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    attack: (1d20+9)[19]
    damage: (1d8+10)[17]
    (1d20+9)[19]
    damage: (1d8+10)[12]
    Krandaar grunted as you land a solid bow into his midsection, he responds trying to take advantage of your temporary overextension with a series of jabs and elbows, none of them land solidly but you still are forced to block a few and narrowly avoid a pair of blows aimed squarely are your face.

Take 10 damage. Krandaar is currently -5 reflex and -1 condition..

"Computer spikes," Wizbam said, "jam them into a socket and they will help you slice a computer or terminal."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2017-01-12 at 12:31 AM.
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Show
    Shyar's abused forearms made her grimace, but it was better than taking the shots to the face. She kept circling, darting in to land hits in between the wookiee's own swings.

((Two swift for Trickery - (1d20+15)[26]
    Standard to Rapid Strike - (1d20+12)[14]
    Damage - (2d10+6)[16] plus (1d10)[5] damage and -1 CT if Trick worked.))

Shyar grunted, took her outfit and retreated upstairs to change. She returned moments later looking like a navy bureaucrat. "How do I look?" she asked, spreading her arms and turning in place.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Atk: (1d20+9)[29]
    Dmg: (1d8+10)[12]

Atk: (1d20+9)[19]
    Dmg: (1d8+10)[15]
    Your feint works, but as you move in for a strike, the big Wookiee ducks down and catches you with a blow to the thigh so hard you worry your leg might pop out of your hip. You barely avoid the follow up strike to your jaw, taking a glancing blow off your shoulder.

Take 29 damage and -2 condition.
    Krandaar is -5reflex and -1condition.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2017-01-12 at 06:13 AM.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Gial's eyes sparkled whrn Wizbam pulled out the spikes.

"Ooh, I haven't used one in years! With these, I can hack almost anything." he commented, grinning, grabbing the six devices from the Mrlssi and his pack from Shyar.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    "How do I look?"
    "Like a Navy bureaucrat."
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Show
    ((Did I get him at least? I can't see Krandaar having a base FF Ref higher than 20, which I hit.

Also, ow.))

Shyar tried mostly without success to stifle a cry of pain as Krandaar nearly took her leg off. She staggered back, but lunged back in in a final bid to get Krandaar to tap out before she had to.

((Two swifts, Trick - (1d20+13)[20]
    Standard Rapid Strike - (1d20+12)[25]
    Damage - (2d10+6)[15] plus (1d10)[7] damage and -CT if trick succeeded.))

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Shyar lands a solid kick this time, and the repeated blows appear to be having an effect. the big wookie stops attacking so aggressively and seems to take a moment to catch his breath, making only a small head-fake and a single straight punch.
    atk: (1d20+12)[14]
    dmg: (1d8+10)[18]
    Take 5 hp, Krandaar is -1 condition track
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2017-01-13 at 12:51 AM.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Shyar silently cursed wookiee resilience as she kept up her assault.

((Two swifts Trick - (1d20+13)[21]
    Standard Rapid Strike - (1d20+12)[15]
    Damage - (2d10+6)[17] plus (1d10)[9] and -1 CT))
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2017-01-13 at 01:04 AM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Krandaar effectively blocks the blow off his forearm and counters with another combination of punches and kicks, aiming to end the fight quickly. Once again you're forced to accept glancing blows to avoid getting your clock cleaned by the swipe of a hairy paw.

Atk: (1d20+8)[9]
    Dmg: (1d8+10)[16]
    Atk: (1d20+8)[15]
    Dmg: (1d8+10)[16]
    Take 10 damage.
    Krandaar is -1 condition and -5 reflex.

Wizbam starts as if he suddey remembered something. He reached into another pocket and pulled out six restraining bolts, dropping them on the table as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    is there a page reference for what you wanted him to pick up?
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2017-01-13 at 07:40 AM.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #256

NinjaGuy

Show
    Laaz winced as the wookiee almost took Shyar's leg off. Looks like she won't have to throw the fight after all.

He cheered a few of her good hits. "Don't win it for the money, because there isn't any. Win it for the crew, and bragging rights."

Knowing Shyar, she wouldn't want any help with the fight, he thought. But just in case, he channeled a bit of his own pride into her rapidly diminishing reserves of stamina. Besides, she can always choose not to use it.

Enlighten: (1d20)[5] = 25

Laaz's eyes lit up when he saw the restraining bolts. "These should come in handy." He grabbed one to examine it, and frowned. "Hmm, I thought they'd be heavier."

Show
    I believe someone said the quick-fusing restraining bolts are in the tech section of the RECG.
    Last edited by LazyNinja; 2017-01-13 at 10:22 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

"So, because of the escalating situation, there's been a slight change of plans," Wizbam said, "the identifications had to be expressed, so we were only able to place you together in one department..."

As the crew looks over their identification, they realize they're all assigned to the same portion of the crew.

Spoiler
    Show

1. Ship Company
    2. Starfighter Corps
    3. Ground Corps
    4. Droids
    5. Medical
    6. Logistics
    (1d6)[2]
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2017-01-13 at 10:39 AM.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

"Luckily, it's the starfighter corps," Wizbam said, "you're all new recruits, serving the.."

Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pilots
    2. Mechanics
    3. Programmers
    4. Officers
    5. Logistics
    6. Disposal
    (1d6)[4]

"... officers. Basically you'll be personal assistants and all around bitches of whatever White and her commanders want you to do. I'm sure you'll have some free time to yourselves at some point. That's when you make your move.. err, do your thing."

He paused.

"Just get me my a-wing," he huffed, which came out more like a sharp whistle.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2017-01-13 at 10:44 AM.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Fight club
    Show
    ((Such terrible rolling...))

Shyar barely heard Laaz, focused as she was on her fight. She broke off and pulled back to catch her breath from the beating.

((Standard: Rapid Strike - (1d20+10)[29]
    Damage - (2d10+6)[22]
    Move: Withdraw
    Swift: 2nd Wind

HP: 34))

"What about the stuff we're leaving here?" Shyar asked Kayla. "CAn you arrange to have it brought to our ship?"
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2017-01-13 at 12:44 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Pixie in the Playground

Jezika quietly gathered her new outfit and found a place to change in private before returning. Being assigned to directly to the starfighter corps was a welcome development, but she hoped the new team would be able to avoid any hidden pitfalls. She still worried if any of her new colleagues had other unspoken loyalties, but told herself to take her mind off of things she could not control.

Her gaze sweeps the room, as she looks each of her new teammates in the eyes. "Let's do this," she proclaims, then claps her hands. "We can do this."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Inspire confidence on everyone.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Krandaar backed off and held his arms up in surrender.
    "Okay okay, I think that's enough for one night," he said (assuming someone will translate). He shows you to a side-room with a 2-1B droid where the two of you spend some time. He tousles your hair as you both are getting patched up. You've never seen the wookie even so much as address anyone before, so you think perhaps you might have made a good impression.

"My ship, you mean," Kayla replied, "it's registered in my name, you're just borrowing it."

"But yes, anything you leave here will be kept safe," she said.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mark anything you don't take with on your character sheet with a *. I need to know what you're bringing aside from the uniforms and sidearm.

In the morning, with the sky just starting to lighten and the grass still wet with dew, the motley group of would-be thieves walked with their packs to the waiting shuttle, Mouse and Marren already at the cockpit controls.

If they succeeded, it would be one of the greatest heists since the end of the One Sith war.

"Try not to get disintegrated!" Wizbam called from the second story window.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Show
    Shyar dropped her guard and extended a hand to Krandaar. "Good fight."

In the side room, she smiled as he teased her hair. "Whew. That was invigorating. We should do it again sometime." Shyar winced as the droid worked on her leg. "But maybe not so rough next time.

"You've got some terrific power, even for a wookiee. I'd love to know how you do it, but I wouldn't understand a word of it,"
    she said sadly. "Are you self-taught?"

"It is?" Shyar asked Kayla, eyes going to the older members of the group.

((I'll leave it all behind.))

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Show

Wyn was on hand to translate Krandaar's comments at the end of the fight. Her intent after the fight was to return to her standby mode, but she'd follow the fighters into the infirmary if they thought to ask her to.

Wyn had taken none of her original things with her. She didn't own much anyway; Just her weapons, their power packs, a recharger, and some clothing. Most of her equipment was inbuilt, anyway...

...Speaking of which, it was time to let the others in on her little secret. The shuttle was her chosen place: Once everyone had boarded and the doors (both to outside, and up to the cockpit) were closed, she'd begin. By activating her holoprojector (like the holorecorder it's linked to, the holoprojector is a part of her current set of eyes), and displaying most of her current status diagram for the others. It listed her Internal Storage, Comlink, Sensor package, translation unit, and the recorder/projector eyes. The locked access was kept off the hologram display, mostly because she didn't want to encourage the group with the stack of restraining bolts to try jamming one in...

"My current orders permit the dissemination of my capabilities as far as is necessary for completion of this mission. This means you may know; covert holorecordings, especially, may be useful in such covert missions. But this information is not public, and should not be shared with anyone beyond our number. Questions?"

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Safehouse

Gial was not particularly pleased by their job's description. He very much prefers being the one giving orders, rather than recieving them. "At least we'll probably have an excuse for being mostly everywhere."

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    "It is?" Shyar asked Kayla, eyes going to the older members of the group.
    "Probably." Gial shrugged. "Ask Marren."

Shuttle

"So...you're actually a droid."

Gial eyed Wyn very, very, attentively.

"Very convincing. Whoever built you, did an excellent job."
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Better than might be immediately apparent, " replies the droid that is rather convincingly breathing, blinking, and appears to have recently been sweating. "I did once get the chance to research my model line. We were discontinued around the rise of the Fel Empire, a century ago. For some reason the first Emperor didn't approve of people selling expensive 'adult' toys bearing his Mother's face. I wonder, sometimes, if this means my body has truly been online since before the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. I think it has; diagnostics report matching product ids on most of my core systems, not what you'd expect if I was a cut-and-shut job with the parts of many deactivated droids. But those memories, if any, were wiped at some point prior to the Syndicate's acquisition of me."

Wyn leaned back in her chair, adopting a slouch and a grin that had long ago been Wynnsa's, then deactivated her holo-projector. "So be careful with me, hm? I'm an antique!"

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"A droid? First a shapeshifter, now this-does anyone else have a bombshell they'd like to drop?" Shyar asked rhetorically.

Studying the list closer, she said, "I dunno, hidden storage could be useful too. How much room do you have?"

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"The compartment is rated for up to 10kg of bulk material without issues, although I do tend to start looking a touch pregnant if the compartment is overloaded. Also, the access port is inconvenient, and item retrieval is best not performed in front of witnesses."
    Last edited by whoiam; 2017-01-15 at 08:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Pixie in the Playground

Jezika reluctantly set aside most of her gear, including her beloved blaster cannon as she prepared to board the shuttle. "That stuff will probably look out of place." She paused as she picked up her shutdown holocam droid and held it in front of her. "I'm thinking this would be really useful to have, but do you guys think it would suspicious enough to leave behind?"

As Wyn revealed her own secret, Jezika stopped for a moment to stare at what she now knew was a droid. "Wow, I had no idea," she exclaimed. "Hmm, if you could sneak in some sort of restraining device, it might be prove useful later on."
    Last edited by Elda; 2017-01-16 at 12:31 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

The droid whirred and blipped in amusement when Mouse came out in the uniform.

"I don't know what you're laughing about, ya hunk of junk, you gotta wear these..." She held up decals marking the droid as a luggage loader for the Alliance. M2 gonked in disgust and held up it's hand appendages in defense.

"Now hold still... stop being a baby! You don't want them to be crooked. They ain't even permanent." Mouse chased around the droid before finally cornering him. He relented and held still. "Whatta diva. See, they bring out your optic."

M2 whirred in approval when he saw his reflection.
    Last edited by Deadguy; 2017-01-16 at 10:02 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270

NinjaGuy

Laaz stared for a moment at the restraining bolt in his hand. "Not much use if it doesn't auto-engage," he mused, before rotating the top portion of the bolt like a dial. After a few more turns back and forth, he grinned. "That should do it." Then he tossed it in the air, where it hung for a moment before flying around the room above everyone's heads. After circling several times, it slowed and returned to Laaz's outstretched hand. "Aerodynamics aren't bad, either."

Show
    Mechanics take 10 to turn on instant activation (DC 15, RECG pg. 108)
    Move Light Object

Laaz grabbed a pack of documents and uniforms from the table and headed upstairs to his room. He doffed his flight suit and pulled on the naval uniform over his shipsuit. He replaced the looted blaster rifle in his holster with the Navy-issued sidearm. The he removed the wrist holster that contained his guard shoto. He held it for a moment, staring with trepidation.

For years, he had never parted with it. In his final days with the Jedi training with Master Sirin, or on the run from the Hutts, it had always been there. He felt a twinge of guilt at the joy he had felt when he'd discovered the old man's lightsaber on the Sith asteroid.

But he couldn't take it with him on this mission. If discovered, it would blow their cover, and he couldn't risk having it confiscated. But do I trust it with Kayla? No, he didn't, but he didn't see an alternative. After this mission, he resolved, he'd figure out a way to bring it with him everywhere.

Shuttle

"Huh." Laaz stared up at the holoprojected diagram. 10 kilograms? Plenty of room for a lightsaber. For a brief moment, he envisioned his shoto shooting out of a spring-loaded compartment in Wyn's head and landing in his outstretched hand. Nah, too unrealistic. Besides, he wasn't about to trust his most prized possession to a strange droid.

"The most useful thing I can think of to bring in the droid are explosives, which would be handy for delaying pursuit or causing distractions. Assuming things go off the rails. I'd love to bring my lightsaber, but I think the sight of a military attache deflecting blaster bolts might give us away."