Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Furthermore, "Biggs" was mentioned by Bismuth in Bismuth when she asked where the other gems were in a context implying that she and Biggs were close. This was shortly after we met the corrupted Biggs and Ocean jaspers.

The tragic nature of Bismuth mentioning that specific gem at that time meant that it was inevitable that bismuth could eventually see the corrupted Biggs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also it might be set up for later, since apparently Jasper shows up in the preview they put out.

ALSO to answer the other question poised...yeah. Yes. I do think they caught EVERY corrupted gem, more or less.

2. - Top - End - #1352

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also it might be set up for later, since apparently, Jasper shows up in the preview they put out.

ALSO to answer the other question poised...yeah. Yes. I do think they caught EVERY corrupted gem, more or less.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Comparing the preview to the episode, I think that was Biggs.

However, We did have leaks from a while back for episodes that are... probably for next season, indicating that Jasper will be unbubbled and tamed, maybe even cured, over the course of an arc.

And other than Maybe Blue and Yellow, Jasper is the only person who doesn't know about Pink Diamond who really deserves to know the truth. She's a jerk, but it's pretty clear that Pink Diamond being "shattered" really messed Jasper up.

And yeah. If they don't have all of the Corrupted Gems, they have enough of them that they're not a concern anymore. Any Gems from the War who werren't evacked or Garnet and Pearl are either in the Bubble Room, beyond saving, or part of a mutant or the Cluster.

Though it should be noted thatthe Gems don't seem to know where all of the Corrupted Gems were: There was one in the Lighthouse above the Temple for at least several years without them knowing.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2018-07-06 at 05:13 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Spamalot in the Playground

Though it should be noted thatthe Gems don't seem to know where all of the Corrupted Gems were: There was one in the Lighthouse above the Temple for at least several years without them knowing.
    Too bad they don't have a radar or something to find them, like you can with dragon balls.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

On Jasper coming back:
    yet another thing would upset Lapis! if that really happens, lets hope Lapis is feeling merciful or we're going to end up with Angry Ocean Queen striking again but this time with grabbing Bismuth and Jasper with water tentacles and shouting both at them that she thinks both sides of the war are stupid and evil to her.

that said, I think with the addition of Bismuth and a recovered Garnet that Jasper will be less of a problem, Garnet was taking her on herself and Bismuth seems like a strong fighter- she did fight in the Gem War and knows enough about Gems to design the breaking point as well as being sturdy and strong in general. so between Garnet and her I think Jasper can be restrained.

that said, Jasper learning that Rose Quartz = Pink Diamond I don't think will go as well as it did with Bismuth. Bismuth was pointing out a problem with Rose Quartzes strategy and got a reasonable explanation that fits the facts.

Jasper on the other hand is a super-loyal Gem to her Diamond who probably tried to make her off-color and ended up with the perfect Jasper, who has lived her entire life for thousands of years believing that her Diamond would want her to succeed and be the perfect gem. this is going to devastate her in some way. considering how stubborn and determined she can be, and how dogmatic her culture is. we've seen that it took some time for Peridot to come around, and Jasper well....Jaspers got some toxicity that Peridot didn't. I don't expect Jasper to change cleanly. They can probably do it, but it'll be rough and full of pain of some sort.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    So, no earth-shattering reveals (heh), but I found this a satisfying resolution to that particular problem. Honestly, the preview for the next episodes (which might not come as part of a Stevenbomb?!) surprised me more.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So are they ever gonna bring up the whole "Shatter the Earth with a giant geoweapon" thing or are they gonna be cool with the Diamonds once they uncorrupt everyone?

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

7. - Top - End - #1357

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that was intense and also one hell of a cliffhanger.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: new ep
    Show

Lapis was fighting off Blue's depression wave with the power of EMO!

And some Bismuth / Peridot interaction! The dream continues to thrive!

Do like how they kinda reversed the gender roles for sapphire / ruby. The more feminine sapphire is given the tux / male-role, and the more masculine-ish ruby is given the dress. Kiinda weird, but cute nonetheless

Still, awesome episode altogether. only major gripe would be just how fast calming down the diamonds was, buuut, given the pink = rose reveal, i can understand the sort-of rush. Cluster is Boss though :P

think that's all i got for spoilers. yup.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2018-07-06 at 08:32 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1359

Spoiler
    Show
    Lapis looks at Bismuth a couple of times but says nothing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1360

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Spoiler: new ep
    Show
    Lapis was fighting off Blue's depression wave with the power of EMO!

And some Bismuth / Peridot interaction! The dream continues to thrive!
    Spoiler: Heart of the Gems
    Show
    "I've felt worse." Day-um, that was boss. And yes, the dream continues. It can still happen!

So... well that was a weird out-of-body experience. Glad Lapis came back. Heh, dropped a house on Blue. Awesome! XD
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #1361

Spoiler: More things I liked
    Show
    Two female-presenting characters kissed on the lips in a children's show.

The callbacks when Steven takes the time to bolster the gems.

The cluster giving Steven a Thumbs up.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2018-07-06 at 09:42 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #1362

Spoiler
    Show
    Finally, Peridot and Lapis will get new, star having outfits.

But yeah no this was an amazing episode in every way.

Now to be cynical and a grouch again until the episode returns an eternity later. Sigh.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show

But yeah no this was an amazing episode in every way.

Now to be cynical and a grouch again until the episode returns an eternity later. Sigh.
    They had a preview for at least one more episode right after it ended. I think we could conceivably be having one more in the visible future.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

14. - Top - End - #1364

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    They had a preview for at least one more episode right after it ended. I think we could conceivably be having one more in the visible future.
    We had teasers for this week of episodes at the end of the last time we had episodes.

Months ago.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up that we'll ever have this show in a regular weekly schedule.

Spoiler
    Show
    In more positive a track, I still really like how Greg, jokingly or otherwise, offered to try and woo another diamond to save everyone. That's a good damn joke.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Reunited
    Show

Ok so yeah, this whole episode was awesome. I'll just let everyone compliment it and focus on these things:

I am surprised that Lapis solved it herself and just came back out of nowhere. and I think I'm okay with that. though to be honest, she came to the "well if they're going to treat me like a crystal Gem I might as well be one." conclusion some would probably get to one million years before her, but hey I guess thats just her issues. I think she just got tired of being alone and realized that the Crystal Gems have been the ones who've been consistently treating her well.

as for Bismuth and Lapis: maybe she just was focusing on the Diamonds over Bismuth and has come to conclusion that its all in the past? or maybe the backstory Bismuth was just figurative, who knows it could've even been a completely different Bismuth. not really the focus of the episode so.....maybe Lapises issues will be a different one?

what else? I doubt that Steven revealing the truth will solve everything, Lars still hasn't returned to Earth, the Diamonds probably won't be happy to hear their sister/daughter ran the rebellion and basically caused this whole mess, as well as probably thinking like Pearl the first time she saw steven and trying to pull the diamond out of his belly button to try and get her back but more so, I could see the two Diamonds hearing out the truth, accepting it- then acting on that information in ways that are still horrible. I mean its probably a step in the right direction, but these are still super-powerful invincible tyrants we're talking about who have demonstrated that the Crystal Gems are NOT a threat to them. I mean, they might go "...we will have to think upon this." and leaving temporarily back to Homeworld to ponder the information given to them and what to do about it, but I doubt this will just solve the Blue and Yellow Diamond problems just like that.

Well....MAYBE. this show has weird changes in pace sometimes. Some episodes are slow and make it feel as if doing all this will take forever, but then suddenly episodes like this happen and a bunch of changes just happen lightning fast out of nowhere and it throws everything completely off until its equilibrium returns.

not to mention the fact that we STILL haven't had any word or sight about White Diamond. which is getting weird. Just what is her deal? Knowing this show White might be a neglect/deadbeat parent writ large or something, but if thats true or not remains to be seen. no has even talked about her. has Pearl just not have enough time to mention her after the Pink Diamond or something? if anyone would know, it would be her.

so yeah, cliffhanger, and Jasper is supposedly coming back. the Diamonds will probably be leaving to process the revelation.....

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

*gasp!*

oh they better!

edit:

Spoiler
    Show

To be honest, for the scene where Connie is trying to wake up Steven, i legitimately thought that Steven had been "Poofed" in that instance, and was looking at her from inside his gem. the screen had juust enough of a rose / pink tint to it to back up the theory until the astral-projection was reveled :P Was kinda disappointed that it was just more astral projection, but hey, whatever works.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2018-07-07 at 02:21 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1367

Spoiler
    Show
    In more positive a track, I still really like how Greg, jokingly or otherwise, offered to try and woo another diamond to save everyone. That's a good damn joke.
    Show
    Haha, yeah I thought that was top notch humor too. Greg is the best human ever. Possible the greatest character on the show. I've never seen such a wonderfully positive role model father depicted anywhere else. Single parent no less!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Show
    not to mention the fact that we STILL haven't had any word or sight about White Diamond. which is getting weird. Just what is her deal? Knowing this show White might be a neglect/deadbeat parent writ large or something, but if thats true or not remains to be seen. no has even talked about her. has Pearl just not have enough time to mention her after the Pink Diamond or something? if anyone would know, it would be her.
    Show
    I'm very curious to see how well Yellow and Blue take the discovery of the corruption. From what they said and how they reacted, I don't think they actually know how that weapon worked.

Spoiler
    Show
    To be honest, for the scene where Connie is trying to wake up Steven, i legitimately thought that Steven had been "Poofed" in that instance, and was looking at her from inside his gem. the screen had juust enough of a rose / pink tint to it to back up the theory until the astral-projection was reveled :P Was kinda disappointed that it was just more astral projection, but hey, whatever works.
    Show
    Yeah, I too was thinking the same thing at first.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps it was White Diamond that turned it from an obliteration ray into a corrupting ray? Maybe this will segue into White Diamond being the antagonist for the next season, with Blue and Yellow off to the sides trying to pretend everything is normal while they figure out what to do about her and what they know now? As much as theyre cold and not especially nice, I think theres room in their characterization for them being uncomfortable with the level of... maliciousness that went into the corruption. Even the cluster could conceivably be seen as experimentation into restoring Pink that yielded a weapon instead.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Spoiler
    Show
    As admirable as the 'no villains' idea is, it becomes a bit unpleasant when you start dealing with actual war crimes. Steven's already ready to forgive Blue and Yellow for mass kidnapping and attempted genocides because they're his aunts.
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2018-07-07 at 01:19 PM.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

20. - Top - End - #1370

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    As admirable as the 'no villains' idea is, it becomes a bit unpleasant when you start dealing with actual war crimes. Steven's already ready to forgive Blue and Yellow for mass kidnapping and attempted genocides because they're his aunts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you going to tell a pacifist that he has to kill people who are demonstrably more powerful than everyone he knows combined?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Show
    Haha, yeah I thought that was top notch humor too. Greg is the best human ever. Possible the greatest character on the show. I've never seen such a wonderfully positive role model father depicted anywhere else. Single parent no less!

Show
    I'm very curious to see how well Yellow and Blue take the discovery of the corruption. From what they said and how they reacted, I don't think they actually know how that weapon worked.
    Show
    Especially given how everyone else reacted with a: NO!!! and I can't tell if it was out of fear for his safety, or out of fear of him actually succeeding and making a second Diamond Gem-hybrid child.

It gives me the stupidest idea for a fan fic: Time to Turn On The Old Universe Charm!
    Greg solves everything by courting all three Diamonds, not serious at all.

Hm. What kind of Diamond corrupts the Gems like this? If Blue and Yellow didn't know.... and White corrupted them instead, that seems incredibly cruel. I have no doubt that if the Diamonds are this powerful that they really could've obliterated everyone. but why White chose not to and instead inflict this? It speaks not only of not caring for their lives, but intentional cruelty and malice. White has to know how her powers work, so we can't assume stupidity. what kind of Diamond goes:
    "No. let them suffer the torment of corruption for all eternity! Let them know that rebellion against our rule pays the most horrible of prices!"

Hm. could White Diamond actually be some sort of Joffrey or Caligula like character that despite her greater age and power, is LESS mature than everyone else because she has ruled Gem society for so long that can't recall a time where she ISN'T worshiped, and thus thinks of herself as the greatest being to ever exist? think about it: all this time we've been taking apart Rose Quartzes messiah status and how its a bad idea to put them on too high a pedestal. what if White Diamond is the ultimate result of a society that worships a goddess and puts them on the highest pedestal forever: a Gem that believes that they are vital to society functioning no matter what, that they are the greatest being to ever exist, and thus believes that any cruelty is justified for not worshiping her?

I mean think about it: Blue and Yellow might have had to mature a little to deal with Pink's childish nature. Pink in turn had to mature even more to deal with all the events happening on Earth. But White Diamond might've decided "no. raising her is for LESSER Diamonds, I have more important things to do!"

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ettin in the Playground

And yeah. If they don't have all of the Corrupted Gems, they have enough of them that they're not a concern anymore. Any Gems from the War who werren't evacked or Garnet and Pearl are either in the Bubble Room, beyond saving, or part of a mutant or the Cluster.

It's worth pointing out that most of the corrupted gems still out there seem to be low-priority (in that they're not very dangerous and are in remote areas.) Centipeedle, who was attracted to the temple, seems to be an outlier - the vast majority of their missions were to remote areas and involved gems who weren't a huge threat to anyone (no more than particularly large vicious bears or the like.)

I suspect the CGs got the really dangerous corrupted gems long ago, and that the ones that are left are both difficult to reach and low-priority. I also think that they went on way more missions than usual in early episodes because they were training Steven, and that that has slowed down because now they have other concerns. Note that all the recent gem hunts have been when they wanted to train someone (Connie and Peridot, respectively.)
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2018-07-07 at 01:44 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

i kinda just interpreted the "diamonds didn't know about corruption" thing as that they didn't know for sure WHAT would happen, it wasn't intentional on anyone's part, they just unleashed some very powerful energy, saw the fighting stopped, and that was that. It could equally have destroyed the planet, sent it into a nuclear apocalypse, or just outright shattered every gem on the planet. The fact that it corrupted every gem wasn't an accident OR a plot from white. It's just the outcome that happened.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show

i kinda just interpreted the "diamonds didn't know about corruption" thing as that they didn't know for sure WHAT would happen, it wasn't intentional on anyone's part, they just unleashed some very powerful energy, saw the fighting stopped, and that was that. It could equally have destroyed the planet, sent it into a nuclear apocalypse, or just outright shattered every gem on the planet. The fact that it corrupted every gem wasn't an accident OR a plot from white. It's just the outcome that happened.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's certainly possible, but unless the diamonds just start acting awful again for no reason, it leaves us back in a season one "monster of the week" state next season unless something comes out of nowhere to spark more conflict. Plus, at the very least, they seemed to expect a specific outcome. They could have been wrong, but I don't think they were just pointing an experimental thing at Earth out of the assumption it would do bad things to them.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's certainly possible, but unless the diamonds just start acting awful again for no reason, it leaves us back in a season one "monster of the week" state next season unless something comes out of nowhere to spark more conflict. Plus, at the very least, they seemed to expect a specific outcome. They could have been wrong, but I don't think they were just pointing an experimental thing at Earth out of the assumption it would do bad things to them.
    Spoiler
    Show

They probably haven't had to use that kind of attack very many times. Could be it has something like, 10% chance of corruption, 90% chance of destruction for example, so every other time they used it it destroyed the target, or corrupted the targets but then they destroyed the planet with something like the Cluster, or just never returned.

Also possible that the attack was at one point much more effective with the inclusion of Pink. With Pink involved, the "complete" attack utterly annihilated every living thing, gem or organic on the planet. Without Pink though then the attack was incomplete, destroying a good chunk of organic life and corrupting gems, but since it worked out properly every other time, the other Diamonds assumed they could easily do the same without Pink, maybe working to add more power to the attack to try and make up for the loss of Pink, causing another variable that would make it not work as intended.

As for enemies to fight, we do still have white diamond who might not be okay with Pink turning against them, and might still want to destroy the others. Or perhaps the theorized "Enemy" of the gems, another alien race that has been battling the Gems for millennia, which is why the Gems need to keep harvesting planets for resources. That or the series could just end. maybe have a flash-forward to when Steven is a bit older or something.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1376

Spoiler: Thing I cought on Rewatch
    Show
    The Wedding Cake was Steven's Together Breakfast from Season 1.

Considering that it's a breakfast that's meant to be shared... It's actually perfect for a wedding.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ogre in the Playground

Has anyone floated the theory that White Diamond is a fusion of Blue, Yellow, and Pink?
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

28. - Top - End - #1378

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    Has anyone floated the theory that White Diamond is a fusion of Blue, Yellow, and Pink?
    Yes and it doesn't work. We've seen White Diamond's hand during the white flash. It was substantially larger than the other two, so it seems like White Diamond's just above it all, as it where. Given the preview for next time reveal some interesting stuff about said white flash, I'm thinking White Diamond might be a bit...beyond.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

Yes and it doesn't work. We've seen White Diamond's hand during the white flash. It was substantially larger than the other two, so it seems like White Diamond's just above it all, as it where. Given the preview for next time reveal some interesting stuff about said white flash, I'm thinking White Diamond might be a bit...beyond.
    Yeah something is definitely going on with her. Either she is an immature caligula/god complex with a size to match, or she has some fundamentally alien mindset that is to other Gems the way Gems are alien to humans. She might BE Homeworld for all we know. but then again, that doesn't really work given the catacombs the off-colors were hiding in.

hm, what kind of being is above all others, is almost never seen, deals out an incredibly unfair apocalyptic punishment upon an entire people for the actions of one, is incredibly mysterious, and is probably more powerful than even the other beings of its kind and station, and seems to be completely uncaring for the lives under it despite their seeming immense importance to the workings of its entire civilization, indeed its entire race, given that three of the Gems leaders are now actively involved in a conflict over a very rag-tag group of beings that can't even defeat said leaders?

....is White an Old Testament Deity? White seems pretty old testament. if Blue and Yellow are Greek Goddesses....

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Spoilers but I want to contribute
    Show
    I think this episode has two of my favorite moments in the whole show.

I loved Greg deciding the solution to this problem was trying to start a relationship with another Diamond.

And my favorite dramatic line in the whole series may now very well be "I've Felt Worse."