Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Spoiler: new ep
    Show

Lapis was fighting off Blue's depression wave with the power of EMO!

Spoiler: Spoiler-ish?
    Show
    Usopp did it first.

Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2018-07-08 at 03:29 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yeah something is definitely going on with her. Either she is an immature caligula/god complex with a size to match, or she has some fundamentally alien mindset that is to other Gems the way Gems are alien to humans. She might BE Homeworld for all we know. but then again, that doesn't really work given the catacombs the off-colors were hiding in.

hm, what kind of being is above all others, is almost never seen, deals out an incredibly unfair apocalyptic punishment upon an entire people for the actions of one, is incredibly mysterious, and is probably more powerful than even the other beings of its kind and station, and seems to be completely uncaring for the lives under it despite their seeming immense importance to the workings of its entire civilization, indeed its entire race, given that three of the Gems leaders are now actively involved in a conflict over a very rag-tag group of beings that can't even defeat said leaders?

....is White an Old Testament Deity? White seems pretty old testament. if Blue and Yellow are Greek Goddesses....
    We did see a large white figure with spikey-looking hair in the background of homeworld while Steven was falling out of a building in The Trial, Possible that was white herself.

Also i find it weird how everyone interpreted Greg's "Time to turn on the universe charm" line as him claiming he would seduce the diamonds. The way i see it, he ALREADY had a calm and peaceful one-on-one talk with blue diamond at Pink's Palenqine, they both had a heart-to-heart about someone they loved and lost, and this ultimately ended up with Greg being taken to the Zoo.

Way i see it.,, Greg was just going to go talk to an old friend he'd talked too once before, not try to seduce her.

Ya'll get your heads out of the gutter.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

We did see a large white figure with spikey-looking hair in the background of homeworld while Steven was falling out of a building in The Trial, Possible that was white herself.

Also i find it weird how everyone interpreted Greg's "Time to turn on the universe charm" line as him claiming he would seduce the diamonds. The way i see it, he ALREADY had a calm and peaceful one-on-one talk with blue diamond at Pink's Palenqine, they both had a heart-to-heart about someone they loved and lost, and this ultimately ended up with Greg being taken to the Zoo.

Way i see it.,, Greg was just going to go talk to an old friend he'd talked too once before, not try to seduce her.

Yea that was the way I saw it first as well. It also has the benefit of fitting more with Greg's character than the idea that he would try seducing Blue.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Colossus in the Playground

I mean this is probably true, but the added context of Rose being Pink Diamond changes the joke. Maybe Greg didn't realize that, but we certainly did. I'll admit, it's probably all on me. I had also forgotten he talked to Blue Diamond in that episode.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Spamalot in the Playground

She might BE Homeworld for all we know. but then again, that doesn't really work given the catacombs the off-colors were hiding in.
    Well it would be like asking us if we know where all the germs are hiding in our own bodies. That's what the antibodies are for.

Could be her ship. I recall that figure lacked arms, and we know that Yellow and Blue's ships are just arms.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post

Could be her ship. I recall that figure lacked arms, and we know that Yellow and Blue's ships are just arms.
    It's possible Pink's ship was a pair of legs, too...

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

Well it would be like asking us if we know where all the germs are hiding in our own bodies. That's what the antibodies are for.
    Ok. Thats not the reason I'm talking about though: Gem bodies are made of light. They're solid holographic projections. That doesn't provide the geological material gems use to make themselves. So White Diamond can't be Homeworld, as she would have to fundamentally remake herself to be truly solid rather falsely solid as all other Gems are. Homeworld has solid geological catacombs, so its not possible the White Diamond is homeworld. It simply doesn't physically work on a material level.

Unless again, White Diamond being a godlike Gem of unprecedented power, did something that we don't even know is possible yet like inserting herself into the planet like Pink did with Steven, or simply being powerful enough to make her projection into something greater than mere light into actual matter, or otherwise pulling a "Alchemical Exalted becomes a Metropolis"-esque transformation.

meanwhile:
    I do NOT buy people interpreting Greg's line nongutter at first. I think thats people humblebragging after the fact with no actual proof over something that doesn't matter. Sure whatever, earn those fake "I totally didn't think this unlike you" points with each other, the gutter interpretation is in your head now, it won't leave, because like it or not, Greg IS the only human who has successfully wooed a Diamond, and having talked to Blue before only enhances the joke really. And that everyone around him yelled "NO!" at him as if he was suggesting something ridiculous like a DnD party exasperatedly telling the bard to not lay the dragon. Lets be honest thats exactly what it sounds like:
    Greg: Can I lay the dragon? I got the charisma!
    Everyone: NO!
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yes and it doesn't work. We've seen White Diamond's hand during the white flash. It was substantially larger than the other two, so it seems like White Diamond's just above it all, as it where. Given the preview for next time reveal some interesting stuff about said white flash, I'm thinking White Diamond might be a bit...beyond.
    I mean, that was in Garnet's story, which we've already seen was inaccurate. A fusion between diamonds would preumably be similar to a Ruby or Topaz fusion, so that Blue and Yellow could still form White Diamond without Pink, just preumably a somewhat smaller and less powerful version. Of course, while they managed it via shared grief and rage at the end of the war, since then, they've drifted far enough apart in their coping mechanisms that they're unable to maintain the cohesion necessary for the fusion.

It's a coherent possibility, and it does explain handily why no one has ever directly referenced White, even as regards Pink trying to get the Earth colony called off...but it does leave us without another Homeworld ruler to stir up trouble now that peace seems likely with Blue and Yellow.
    Take my love, take my land
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care, I'm still free,
    You can't take the sky from me.

Defender of

Don't make me trot out Smite Moron!

Thanks to Sneak for the Avatar.

9. - Top - End - #1389

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    I mean, that was in Garnet's story, which we've already seen was inaccurate. A fusion between diamonds would preumably be similar to a Ruby or Topaz fusion, so that Blue and Yellow could still form White Diamond without Pink, just preumably a somewhat smaller and less powerful version. Of course, while they managed it via shared grief and rage at the end of the war, since then, they've drifted far enough apart in their coping mechanisms that they're unable to maintain the cohesion necessary for the fusion.

It's a coherent possibility, and it does explain handily why no one has ever directly referenced White, even as regards Pink trying to get the Earth colony called off...but it does leave us without another Homeworld ruler to stir up trouble now that peace seems likely with Blue and Yellow.
    No, we saw it from Pearl's memories while inside her head. This gif, in particular.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post

Mmm.

No.

I don't buy White being a fusion of the other three, because it isn't like those fusions at all. for one, Topaz and Ruby are just Them But Bigger. White, being a different color wouldn't BE Blue, Yellow and Pink But Bigger. They are all different personalities, a fusion between them wouldn't add up to a white color (it'd be some weird brown for starters). Homeworld wouldn't see such a thing as homogeneous fusion which would make them look like hypocrites. And yes, Homeworld gems are taught to not question the Diamonds, to try and excuse whatever actions they take.....well.....just look at Peridot. she was arguably the best representative for the narrative the Diamonds WANT to propagate: that this is all logical and the Diamonds are doing all this out of what the know is pragmatic and right. and look how that turned out with Yellow. As soon as Peridot began to question, to unravel the inconsistency, it exposed the hypocrisy and very irrational feelings underneath the cold exterior, and Peridot left. The Diamonds cannot be seen going against Homeworld values, so they will not fuse, and probably never have.

furthermore, if Yellow and Blue don't know that would happen, that is inconsistent with White knowing that it would, as the constituents would know things that the fusion does as well, and I don't buy the theory that the big beam is somehow some revolver with nine loaded shots and one insanity dud that spins every time its fired and White-fusion didn't know this time was the dud. Gem magic tends to be very A leads to B kind of effects: something gets broken Steven applies his healing tears and its fixed. there is no inherent chance to any of it, so why would it start now? The whole theory seems to be coming out of nowhere instead of building upon prior evidence.

and then there is the Diamond symbol. both new and old, each one represents a separate Diamond, why would it suddenly change for the last? why not just have one white diamond to represent all three Diamonds united as one? it doesn't make any sense. That and there must be someone running all this while Yellow and Blue are away trying to take out the Crystal Gems. galactic empires don't run themselves.

I'm sorry but white being a fusion of Blue Yellow and Pink just doesn't make any sense. Now, if White is a Garnet counterpart the way Yellow is the Amethyst counterpart, Blue is the Pearl counterpart and Pink is the Steven counterpart, then that might be more plausible if there are actually TWO white diamonds fused together. that wouldn't go against Homeworld culture and would explain why White is more powerful than Blue and Yellow at the same time.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

There is also that all four diamonds are shown in the mural on the moon base each with their own colonies. If white was a fusion you would expect her to be shown without any colonies to herself and probably imposing over the others. Instead she's just shown the same way.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ettin in the Playground

*sigh*

...I hate to say it but I think that Steven Universe has finally lost me. I haven't read through all the comments about the latest bomb because there are just so many of them so there's likely some kind talk, theories, or discussions that might change my mind but I wanted to get my thoughts out in the open while they are still kind of fresh.

Keep in mind, a big, big part of this is because of the Bomb format. I hate it. There are episodes of Steven Universe that I didn't like even when it was running daily or weekly on TV but the big difference between then and now is...I didn't have to wait half a year before potentially getting to something else I might enjoy more. Now its half a year waits between five episode stretches and the advantage it had running daily or week to week was all of these slow episodes, clearly building up to something big, were going by at a good clip. So even if something I didn't like was happening, I'd be past it quickly and the slice of life had a smoother build to the action and vice versa. The Bomb has, funnily enough, completely destroyed the pacing of the show. It doesn't matter why its happening anymore, but its completely destroying my interest in the show and I do regret that.

On to the Reunited bomb though...I didn't like it. It had some good jokes and moments scattered through out but on a whole I wasn't really a fan of it. Which just kind of circles back to the point about the Bomb format. I was looking forward to the fallout from the Rose Diamond reveal but it took a while before it happened...and then I was disappointed with what I got.

So...lemme run down what I liked and what I didn't.

Spoiler: Pros
    Show

-Amethyst and Greg were the stand out characters among the cast of heroes in this bomb for being the most mature and the most interesting to me. Amethyst determination to handle her own issues and help Steven manage his isn't just refreshing but its a welcome change from Steven having to manage all of that kind of thing on his own. As is Greg talking with Ruby before Steven even gets there and helping her sort out in her head what had to be done.

-Yellow Diamond was terrifying and awesome all at the same time. It would have been easy to make her seem like a petty villain for fixating on the time that one random Peridot made fun of her and want to seek out revenge against 'dot for it. Did that happen? Nope, didn't even remember her. Steven claiming to be Pink Diamond/revealing himself? Immediately try to stomp him flat. It all matches up with the intensity and efficiency that's been ascribed to her and seeing it in action was cool as hell.

-Both of the Diamonds were well represented. Sure the Crystal Gems were getting their hits in and Lapis no-selling the emotion wave in the manner she did was completely silly but...neither of them got so much as dinged up. What's more, Steven's contact with their minds reveal they aren't even thinking about the life-or-shattered struggle the Crystal Gems had flung themselves into like our heroes were. They were still all up in their own heads and thus not taking things super seriously until they felt alien contact in their minds.

-The additional background on Pink Diamond does help quite a bit with smoothing out the minor issues I had with the reveal, even if I liked the reveal as a whole.

-Peridot was pretty funny, but this has become the norm.

Spoiler: Cons
    Show

-The tone of the show seems to have shifted. Action only seems to happen when the Diamonds themselves seem to be around and the whole looming threat of Homeworld has largely been neutered at this point. Maybe something happens with Yellow and Blue in the next couple of episodes to change this but again, I'm not sure I'm interested in waiting however long to find out. It all feels slice of life right now and when it does come to action...well the last bit of action I remember was Lars of the Stars which was...so cheesy. Too cheesy for me.

-This will probably be one that a lot of people will disagree with me about on this board, but Steven Universe is starting to feel a bit preachy and in a way that just doesn't make sense in some cases. Why the hell did Saphhire and Ruby get married? Marriage is a human custom and neither Garnet or the couple have showed much or any interest in human affairs of that kind Hell, why did this break them up in the first place? The conflict between the two, before Sapphire started throwing burns, felt incredibly forced with what was an incredibly stable fusion before. And that was the entire bomb! All of it focused on a conflict that felt forced with a resolution that just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

-Steven's ability to make friends is getting utterly absurd at this point. There remains a grand total of one person that rejected Steven and that was Jasper. And with recent revelations, I expect that to change as well.

-The Cluster. Not going to lie, seeing the Cluster emerge was awesome and the ensuing arm wrestle was stupid fun...but..this was something that when we last saw literally couldn't control itself and keep itself from forming...and didn't seem to have any feelings on Steven in any which way. Now? It can suddenly control its manifestation and wants to help out? That's lame as hell.

-Bismuth is back. In an unsatisfying way.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #1393

Spoiler: @Callos
    Show
    On the Cluster:

The Cluster wasn't able to control itself and resist forming becuase each shard was acting independently until Steven made them aware of each other.

They've been made aware of each other and been communicating with each other for months now and, remember, they did bymmble thmselves the last time we saw them so they're more than capable of acting on their own when unitd.

The Cluster is also composed almost entirely of shattered Crystal Gems.

You and hundreds of your friends have been killed and been brought back to life as part of a horrific abomination.

Are you going to side with the people who did this to you, who were your enemies while you were alive or the person who is on the team you used to be on and eased your pain?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm curious where the series will go from here...

Spoiler
    Show
    I mean Blue and Yellow seem to not want to kill Steven/the Crystal Gems/people of Earth. I guess things could change, and there still is White. Also the character relationships and development are still the most interesting things about the show. I just hope it doesn't become trite - I'd rather any series end prematurely then go on long past due.

I kind of compare this Last Jedi maybe only because I recently saw that film for the first time: I have no idea were the series is going to next. However unlike Last Jedi I'm still interested.

Also Steven's line about liking to eat flour and sugar separately is still my favorite bit from this Steven-Bomb. Guy's gonna grow up to be Homer Simpson.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Spoiler: Spoiler-ish?
    Show
    Usopp did it first.

I approve of your manga/anime reference.

15. - Top - End - #1395

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    *sigh*

...I hate to say it but I think that Steven Universe has finally lost me. I haven't read through all the comments about the latest bomb because there are just so many of them so there's likely some kind talk, theories, or discussions that might change my mind but I wanted to get my thoughts out in the open while they are still kind of fresh.

Keep in mind, a big, big part of this is because of the Bomb format. I hate it. There are episodes of Steven Universe that I didn't like even when it was running daily or weekly on TV but the big difference between then and now is...I didn't have to wait half a year before potentially getting to something else I might enjoy more. Now its half a year waits between five episode stretches and the advantage it had running daily or week to week was all of these slow episodes, clearly building up to something big, were going by at a good clip. So even if something I didn't like was happening, I'd be past it quickly and the slice of life had a smoother build to the action and vice versa. The Bomb has, funnily enough, completely destroyed the pacing of the show. It doesn't matter why its happening anymore, but its completely destroying my interest in the show and I do regret that.

On to the Reunited bomb though...I didn't like it. It had some good jokes and moments scattered through out but on a whole I wasn't really a fan of it. Which just kind of circles back to the point about the Bomb format. I was looking forward to the fallout from the Rose Diamond reveal but it took a while before it happened...and then I was disappointed with what I got.

So...lemme run down what I liked and what I didn't.

Show

-Amethyst and Greg were the stand out characters among the cast of heroes in this bomb for being the most mature and the most interesting to me. Amethyst determination to handle her own issues and help Steven manage his isn't just refreshing but its a welcome change from Steven having to manage all of that kind of thing on his own. As is Greg talking with Ruby before Steven even gets there and helping her sort out in her head what had to be done.

-Yellow Diamond was terrifying and awesome all at the same time. It would have been easy to make her seem like a petty villain for fixating on the time that one random Peridot made fun of her and want to seek out revenge against 'dot for it. Did that happen? Nope, didn't even remember her. Steven claiming to be Pink Diamond/revealing himself? Immediately try to stomp him flat. It all matches up with the intensity and efficiency that's been ascribed to her and seeing it in action was cool as hell.

-Both of the Diamonds were well represented. Sure the Crystal Gems were getting their hits in and Lapis no-selling the emotion wave in the manner she did was completely silly but...neither of them got so much as dinged up. What's more, Steven's contact with their minds reveal they aren't even thinking about the life-or-shattered struggle the Crystal Gems had flung themselves into like our heroes were. They were still all up in their own heads and thus not taking things super seriously until they felt alien contact in their minds.

-The additional background on Pink Diamond does help quite a bit with smoothing out the minor issues I had with the reveal, even if I liked the reveal as a whole.

Show

-The tone of the show seems to have shifted. Action only seems to happen when the Diamonds themselves seem to be around and the whole looming threat of Homeworld has largely been neutered at this point. Maybe something happens with Yellow and Blue in the next couple of episodes to change this but again, I'm not sure I'm interested in waiting however long to find out. It all feels slice of life right now and when it does come to action...well the last bit of action I remember was Lars of the Stars which was...so cheesy. Too cheesy for me.

-This will probably be one that a lot of people will disagree with me about on this board, but Steven Universe is starting to feel a bit preachy and in a way that just doesn't make sense in some cases. Why the hell did Saphhire and Ruby get married? Marriage is a human custom and neither Garnet or the couple have showed much or any interest in human affairs of that kind Hell, why did this break them up in the first place? The conflict between the two, before Sapphire started throwing burns, felt incredibly forced with what was an incredibly stable fusion before. And that was the entire bomb! All of it focused on a conflict that felt forced with a resolution that just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

-Steven's ability to make friends is getting utterly absurd at this point. There remains a grand total of one person that rejected Steven and that was Jasper. And with recent revelations, I expect that to change as well.

-The Cluster. Not going to lie, seeing the Cluster emerge was awesome and the ensuing arm wrestle was stupid fun...but..this was something that when we last saw literally couldn't control itself and keep itself from forming...and didn't seem to have any feelings on Steven in any which way. Now? It can suddenly control its manifestation and wants to help out? That's lame as hell.

The bomb format is horrendous, yeah.

As for your other points...all I really need to say con wise is that
    Spoiler
    Show
    while Garnet hasn't shown much interest in human stuff, Ruby and Sapphire's entire conflict was wanting to find a way to make what they were special again. Sapphire thought their relationship was only encouraged as a lie to use them in a war effort, and Ruby took what Sapphire said to her to heart and wanted to do something that made their relationship feel "more" then just being made of love. Steven showed Ruby the western comic's ending being a wedding, and Ruby clearly liked the comic, so of course she'd like the wedding idea. And as Garnet herself said, this is something humans (who die, unlike Gems, of old age) do to make a single choice, a single moment in time, last FOREVER. That would be amazingly symbolic. I don't see how it's preachy, it's just really sweet.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    while Garnet hasn't shown much interest in human stuff, Ruby and Sapphire's entire conflict was wanting to find a way to make what they were special again. Sapphire thought their relationship was only encouraged as a lie to use them in a war effort, and Ruby took what Sapphire said to her to heart and wanted to do something that made their relationship feel "more" then just being made of love. Steven showed Ruby the western comic's ending being a wedding, and Ruby clearly liked the comic, so of course she'd like the wedding idea. And as Garnet herself said, this is something humans (who die, unlike Gems, of old age) do to make a single choice, a single moment in time, last FOREVER. That would be amazingly symbolic. I don't see how it's preachy, it's just really sweet.
    Spoiler: Garnet and Relationships and Stuff
    Show
    It's honestly a bit more than that.
    Every problem Garnet has had has* eventually come down, in part or in whole, to who she's expected to be. She's expected to be the leader because everyone defers to her. She's expected to be cool and calm and "The Bigger Gem" and the stress of that forces Ruby and Sapphire apart. She had a whole Wacky Adventures breakdown over her future vision not "working properly" because... she has future vision, so she's supposed to be looking out for everyone.
    Sugulite is Amethyst But More.
    Sardonyx is Pearl But More.
    What I'm getting at, is Garnet doesn't have much of an identity. And you know why? Because she never questioned herself. Ruby and Sapphire never took the time to ask themselves, or each other, what their relationship truly meant, or what they wanted out of their relationship, besides that they were together. That's why Sapphire believed that their relationship was based on a lie. That's why Ruby needed an entire Lesbian Cowboy Soul Search. And the wedding isn't the solution, but it acts as a turning point, a decision to start thinking about those things.

I still feel like Garnet should have been redesigned though

*... English is weird.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    A big part of it is the bomb format..its impossible for me to view the series or seasons as a whole, you just got to view each Bomb as its own thing for me and this bomb I wasn't a fan of.

Show
    Should clarify, I don't mean the wedding itself, that was fine. Not my thing but alright.

I mean its starting to feel like SU only has a single well to go to for its emotional gravitas anymore and its getting overplayed. Its a fair bit of why my favorite parts of the bomb had to do with Amethyst and Greg while the obvious emotional stuff that I know a lot of people are going crazy over didn't hit the mark with me.

And again Sapphire's reason felt forced to me..even given the context.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2018-07-08 at 05:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler: @Callos
    Show
    On the Cluster:

The Cluster wasn't able to control itself and resist forming becuase each shard was acting independently until Steven made them aware of each other.

They've been made aware of each other and been communicating with each other for months now and, remember, they did bymmble thmselves the last time we saw them so they're more than capable of acting on their own when unitd.

The Cluster is also composed almost entirely of shattered Crystal Gems.

You and hundreds of your friends have been killed and been brought back to life as part of a horrific abomination.

Are you going to side with the people who did this to you, who were your enemies while you were alive or the person who is on the team you used to be on and eased your pain?

Honestly is it really possible to kill a Gem? From what we've seen, even small shards hold some degree of intelligence, i wouldn't be surprised if it was possible to take all the shards of a shattered gem and merge them back together into a whole. Shattering seems more like a "Horrible state of existance" then "Death" to be honest. And wasn't there a bit where a book or a painting was made using gem-dust or something and was evil or something because of it?

Pretty sure there are some shattered homeworld gems in there too though... you think it's hollow? or were there just THAT Many gems?

meanwhile:
    I do NOT buy people interpreting Greg's line nongutter at first. I think thats people humblebragging after the fact with no actual proof over something that doesn't matter.
    Well sorry to disappoint ya, but it's what happened to me. I was legitimately surprised when i came in here and saw everyone talking about him seducing the diamonds, Had no idea it was possible to jump to that conclusion when the alternative actually made sense.

And yeah, the whole "bomb" format is definately killing the show. i don't know if it's a problem with the animators or cartoon network, but unless they finish the entire series and then release it all in one big bomb, or get a consistent schedule going, then i foresee a lot more lost fan interest, pretty sure it's already had a lot of that over the years. The fact that Cartoon Network seems to despise anything that isn't Teen Titan's Go doesn't help.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1399

Honestly is it really possible to kill a Gem?
    Throw them into a star?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Titan in the Playground

Throw them into a star?
    The Star goes supernova, then turns into a black hole, and the gem gets out, only lightly tivked off.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2018-07-08 at 07:45 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    The Star goes supernova, then turns into a black hole, and the gem gets out, only lightly tivked off.
    Well to be fair.....Goku has done pretty much exactly that. So no reason to wonder if a DB Super level Gem could do so as well, considering the shows inspirations.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Titan in the Playground

The Gem would probably need to be completely atomized, so throwing it into a star MIGHT work? assuming Gems aren't dense enough to survive such high heat and pressure. Though Garnet can already survive Lava, so your millage may vary.

This is why i prefer organic life. Much easier to get rid off.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I do NOT buy people interpreting Greg's line nongutter at first.
    You don't buy that people that think differently than you exist? I am not even judging anyone who interpreted it that way because, after the fact, I can see why. I just find it weird that you would assume someone would try to impress strangers on the internet by bragging about what a clean mind they have. (Which I will fully admit to not actually having. It just didn't trigger this time.) Different people just think of things in different ways is all. Its not that weird or rare and shouldn't be that hard to believe.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2018-07-09 at 01:46 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1404

The Gem would probably need to be completely atomized, so throwing it into a star MIGHT work? assuming Gems aren't dense enough to survive such high heat and pressure. Though Garnet can already survive Lava, so your millage may vary.
    Lava averages about 1000 Celsius, while the surface of a G-type star is gonna run you about six times that. Then there's the "atmosphere" the gem would pass through, which can hit a million degrees. Pretty sure that'll vaporize any gem.

Toss it into a middle-aged star to be sure. That way if the star does go supernova and the gem escapes the formed black hole, it'll be several billion years and we won't be around to worry about it. ;)
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #1405

I think I remember reading that Rebecca Sugar said that Garnet could survive to be inside a star.

Granted: Garnet is half Ruby, whose powers are heat based. It's possible, if not probable, that other gems are less resistant to the heat.

On the other hand, Malachite dissolved into a toxic gas when submerged in water and yet Lapis and Jasper are physically fine so gems are apparently a lot more durable than what they're made off(Both Peridot and Bismuth have stated/implied that their gem stones are made up of actual Peridot and Bismuth)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

The bomb format is definitely making the show watching experience a lot less pleasant. Too much time between the hypes the bombs up into being these huge Events that just isn't tenable long-term. Plus, the gaps are so big that you have to go back and review what just happened, especially for bombs like this one that start mere minutes after the previous one.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post

Show

Show

Spoiler: Amethyst
    Show

Yeah Amethyst wins some points for me. As a person with a lot of siblings I can relate to this big sister attitude she has.

BIG DEAL:
    Spoiler: YD and Blues
    Show

I do appreciate how much better at fighting YD is compared to Blues. She made one hell of an entrance, poofing Peridot with her awesome lighting powers and charging Steven like a ****ing rhinoceros. AWESOME!

Note the contrast between how Blues and YD react to their subordinates. Blues personally knew all of her gems that joined the Gems, and felt their betrayal was a personal attack. Contrast with YD's dispassionate dismissal of Peridot. Given that the YDA gems are generally dispassionate soldiers, this makes sense as a contrast between the two gems.

Spoiler: Pinkie
    Show

The new episodes do help with the reveal, which I still think is a cop out and the creator lying to us for forever. So bad.

I am also kind of annoyed with Steven as well. Also, the conflict of the story has stumbled onto itself again. There's no conflict left at this point.

Also, I would have kicked the **** out of my siblings if I found out they faked their own death for 20 years.

Spoiler: Lapis
    Show

You know what makes me annoyed? LAPIS DOESN'T CALL OUT BLUES FOR PUTTING HER IN THE MIRROR. Lapis WAS NOT a Crystal Gem when she was imprisoned. Couldn't we have at least have gotten her to tell Blues off for what happened. Something like "Yo you guys betrayed me first for putting an innocent gem into a mirror!"
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

28. - Top - End - #1408

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Spoiler: Amethyst
    Show

Yeah Amethyst wins some points for me. As a person with a lot of siblings I can relate to this big sister attitude she has.

BIG DEAL:
    Spoiler: YD and Blues
    Show

I do appreciate how much better at fighting YD is compared to Blues. She made one hell of an entrance, poofing Peridot with her awesome lighting powers and charging Steven like a ****ing rhinoceros. AWESOME!

Note the contrast between how Blues and YD react to their subordinates. Blues personally knew all of her gems that joined the Gems, and felt their betrayal was a personal attack. Contrast with YD's dispassionate dismissal of Peridot. Given that the YDA gems are generally dispassionate soldiers, this makes sense as a contrast between the two gems.

Spoiler: Pinkie
    Show

The new episodes do help with the reveal, which I still think is a cop out and the creator lying to us for forever. So bad.

I am also kind of annoyed with Steven as well. Also, the conflict of the story has stumbled onto itself again. There's no conflict left at this point.

Also, I would have kicked the **** out of my siblings if I found out they faked their own death for 20 years.

Spoiler: Lapis
    Show

You know what makes me annoyed? LAPIS DOESN'T CALL OUT BLUES FOR PUTTING HER IN THE MIRROR. Lapis WAS NOT a Crystal Gem when she was imprisoned. Couldn't we have at least have gotten her to tell Blues off for what happened. Something like "Yo you guys betrayed me first for putting an innocent gem into a mirror!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I imagine there will be a lot of that in the coming episodes. And White Diamond is still a thing, and we don't know how the other Diamonds will react to this entirely. Remember, they're still genocidal planet stealers, that has to be dealt with.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Considering how far on the side of pacifism the series is+ it being a children series + them not having the power to do anything to the diamonds about the only way that can be dealt with is convincing them it is bad so they stop.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Considering how far on the side of pacifism the series is+ it being a children series + them not having the power to do anything to the diamonds about the only way that can be dealt with is convincing them it is bad so they stop.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think its worth pointing out that we don't know to what extent they actually go around committing genocide. They never really go into what, specifically, gems need to grow, and whether destroying organic life is a necessity or an unfortunate side effect on already-inhabited planet.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”