New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] OOCVII: Kidnapping aunts for fun & profit

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    You're welcome to play an Espada if you like. We're headed towards the endgame, but Las Noches in particular could use some more excitement, and there's a gigantic power void there.
    Yes, I'll at least be able to play a concept I have, its quite simple: nuclear arrancar. died during a nuclear bombing, became a hollow with an aspect of terror from seeing the explosion first hand. ate all the other souls that also died after the bombing as I imagine that the Shinigami would be quite busy during the time when those were set off. while relatively young Arrancar/Hollow/spirit at like 60-70 years, I imagine their radioactivity powers would make up for it. and I imagine such an Arrancar would be terrifying even to other Arrancar. add in coming into the position inexperienced and having first hand experience of how destruction humanity can be to itself, I think I have a good concept for an Espada. if you guys think its good. I can come up with something else if you don't like it.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #692
    Colossus in the Playground

My only request is that you go through the process of rping the Arrancar becoming the Espada.

And like, decide on which seat we're going for in advance becuase I'd rather not have situation where two PCs who both want to playEspada arefighting overthesame seat.

I mean, unless nobody has any problems with me going after the MIA and Plyer dropped out sixth, I'll be going for the suggested fifth seat
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

I've no problem with staying away from five or six, or earning it in play. so that probably means I'd be going after Fourth Seat.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Orc in the Playground

So you're going to be playing a Glowing Ghoul from Fallout then?

I could see radioactivity as a power, but I'm curious as to how you plan to balance it. I mean, even relatively low exposure to radiation could be quite troublesome to deal with.

EDIT: It's worth noting, storyline-wise, that pretty much every Hollow vanished for about fifty years as of the time of the game's storyline, having only resurfaced in the past half year or so. Which could actually explain how your character did not gain more power in the interim.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2018-12-13 at 10:51 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #695

Kuroimaken?

Do you mind me ending the scene with the setting up of signs?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

So you're going to be playing a Glowing Ghoul from Fallout then?

I could see radioactivity as a power, but I'm curious as to how you plan to balance it. I mean, even relatively low exposure to radiation could be quite troublesome to deal with.
    okay, if thats your concern....

lets remember that Arrancar powers are spiritual. it isn't always going to be a 1-to-1 recreation of radiation, in letter, what matters is the spirit of radiation, no?

so lets say that the low levels of radiation thing can just be a thing she applies to some melee attack as some kind of poisonous thing. and that most of her literal physical radiation is stuff like that, low level stuff.

with maybe one ultimate high radiation level attack for the big explosion potential, just one, no need for more.

and that if she has an aura thing, it might not be radiation at all but the terror she felt at see a nuclear bomb dropped on her, an emotional aura than a physical radiation aura.

how is this in the spirit of radiation? why because gamma rays are the shortest wavelength of electromagnetic radiation and therefore all its abilities would have the shortest ranges, all melee-based. X-ray radiation second shortest, Ultraviolet third and so on, with the upside that the longest forms of radiation therefore extend the ranges past her normal ones at the cost of being less or not harmful in their abilities. for example, she might have X-Ray vision but it limits the range she can see more than it does visible light while radio-wave vision might extend the distance she can see far past most peoples sight at the cost of it being radio-waves and therefore not visible light. probably not exactly the best vision to see things through.

her longest ranged radiation attacks would therefore probably be microwave-based, which while can clearly burn things can't do the gamma poison thing.

and of course we should probably ignore particle, acoustic and gravitational radiation for the purposes of this power and assume it focuses on electromagnetic radiation.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    okay, if thats your concern....

lets remember that Arrancar powers are spiritual. it isn't always going to be a 1-to-1 recreation of radiation, in letter, what matters is the spirit of radiation, no?

so lets say that the low levels of radiation thing can just be a thing she applies to some melee attack as some kind of poisonous thing. and that most of her literal physical radiation is stuff like that, low level stuff.

with maybe one ultimate high radiation level attack for the big explosion potential, just one, no need for more.

and that if she has an aura thing, it might not be radiation at all but the terror she felt at see a nuclear bomb dropped on her, an emotional aura than a physical radiation aura.

how is this in the spirit of radiation? why because gamma rays are the shortest wavelength of electromagnetic radiation and therefore all its abilities would have the shortest ranges, all melee-based. X-ray radiation second shortest, Ultraviolet third and so on, with the upside that the longest forms of radiation therefore extend the ranges past her normal ones at the cost of being less or not harmful in their abilities. for example, she might have X-Ray vision but it limits the range she can see more than it does visible light while radio-wave vision might extend the distance she can see far past most peoples sight at the cost of it being radio-waves and therefore not visible light. probably not exactly the best vision to see things through.

her longest ranged radiation attacks would therefore probably be microwave-based, which while can clearly burn things can't do the gamma poison thing.

and of course we should probably ignore particle, acoustic and gravitational radiation for the purposes of this power and assume it focuses on electromagnetic radiation.
    Clearly she turns into Godzilla.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

8. - Top - End - #698

Also, maybe she just has all the really dangerous stuff sealed into her Resurrección form?

I mean, that's basically how being an Arrancar works: You get way stronger but anything too inhuman gets locked up n your "sword."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Orc in the Playground

I like it. Radiation as poison could work. Nausea is a common symptom to many kinds of poison and radioactive therapy, too.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #700

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Kuroimaken?

Do you mind me ending the scene with the setting up of signs?
    An answer would be appreciated.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

I like it. Radiation as poison could work. Nausea is a common symptom to many kinds of poison and radioactive therapy, too.
    yeah thats basically the plan: big powerful yet slow draconic-like resurreccion form full of radiation that she only pulls out when serious. given how deadly radiation is, only done when she truly intends to kill. melee ranged though, for thematic and balance purposes, even atomic cero breath probably short ranged.

normal form probably more balanced in speed, range and power though, with no gamma abilities.

who knows, the resurreccion might be a godzilla threshold thing: only unleashed when all the other options are more horrible. I have no idea what she'd get for Segunda Etapa and if you guys consider the mere Resurreccion form is dangerous enough, she might not be able to reach Segunda. especially if she has a passive radiation aura that just poisons everything in its radius with radiation, but that could be more balanced by it being something she has to focus on to maintain and thus can't do any ranged attack and can be disrupted by someone with a ranged attack outside its area of effect.

also idea for X-Ray vision: use it in combat to identify weak points and vital spots in the foe.

so yeah....I'd see this as being the full spread of her (Sakiko? seems like good name) radiation abilities:

Spoiler: Radiation powers
    Show

Radio Waves:
    longest range abilities, not harmful but capable of great expansion of perceptions such as hearing radio transmissions and seeing people through radio waves from great distances, broadcast messages, radar sense.

Micro Waves:
    longest range heat attacks closer to sniper attacks or artillery than straight up combat, can hear or see microwave transmissions of phones and television

Infrared:
    has thermal vision allowing her to detect people by heat and using heat-seeking attacks.

Ultraviolet:
    has ultraviolet vision allowing her to see things like fingerprints, saliva, blood, see through fog and rain, see well underwater slightly less range than visible light, and can fire medium range heat attacks, can give people sunburn and cancer.

X-Ray:
    X-Ray vision allows for more penetrating sight but limits range of vision, making one unable to see past 50 feet, X-ray blade only causes nausea but has double the range of gamma blade

Gamma:
    shortest range abilities, highly poisonous or destructive, always melee ranged, EM pulse to mess up electronic devices, Gamma blade causes nausea as well as more deadly effects of radiation poisoning, all locked up behind resurreccion.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Orc in the Playground

Hmmm. Violent bursts of microwaves from long-range could also work. Short-range microwave/heat shield?

@Rater: yeah, sure.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #703
    Bugbear in the Playground

Semi-Related to the Espada discussion, if someone in-character wanted to have their Arrancar attempt to gain Segunda Etapa as a characterarc, are there like, any guidlines to howit's gained in-universe oris it just training?

Also, is there any information on what the Quinto district is currently like?
    If I recall correctly, the Fifth district was highly militarized and fairly disciplined. The previous Espada was extremely good at keeping people in line. She didn't care about micromanagement or excessive control, but the orders she gave were followed and she had was the one who largely organized the current military of Las Noches.

As far as Segunda Etapa goes, my vision of the process is that it involves more than just training. Specifically:

1. A total mastery of baseline Resurrección.
    2. A deep understanding of their Aspect of Death and how they relate to it.
    3. Consuming a large number of other Hollows that share their Aspect of Death.

None of these are set in stone, however, and I don't think we've ever gone into explicit detail on it in or out of character. It's also worth noting that Segunda Etapa is not commonly known about in the same way Bankai is. Instinct would probably nudge a Hollow that had the capacity for it in the right direction, but learning about it consciously would be more difficult.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Orc in the Playground

Not to mention it is exceedinly rarer here. I can think of one, maybe two characters in the whole game who have it (notably the Big Bad Erscheinung Von Geister and maybe Jehoel, and even then I'm not clear on the latter).

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #705

Not to mention it is exceedinly rarer here. I can think of one, maybe two characters in the whole game who have it (notably the Big Bad Erscheinung Von Geister and maybe Jehoel, and even then I'm not clear on the latter).
    Turiel and Johel both have it according to their entries in the character registry while I can't find an entry for Von Geister.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jehoel has it. He has used it exactly once.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Orc in the Playground

Turiel and Johel both have it according to their entries in the character registry while I can't find an entry for Von Geister.
    That's because he's the last boss and Scan type abilities don't work on him.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #708

Is anyone willing to play some throwaway Numeros who might take issue with Svetlana trying to take an Espada seat?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Orc in the Playground

I'd say I'm up for it, but you've seen a lotta me lately and I wanna give others a chance to play.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

I might be willing if your perhaps willing to play the throwaway numeros trying to get Quatro Espada in exchange

by the way, my Arrancar, will be reposted in registry, any last minute changes?:
    Sakiko Shinohana
    Spoiler
    Show

Age: She looks about young adult, since arrancar don't have ages
    Height: 6 ft
    Weight: Average.
    Side: Hueco Mundo
    Aspect of Death: Terror
    Station: Numeros
    Reiatsu: Feels like the instant of terror you get before being destroyed by an atomic bomb.

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show

She wears the white clothing of an arrancar complete with a katana at her belt. She has straight long black hair, and a sickly green right eye, her left eye is covered by her mask fragment, this mask fragment has an eyehole but the fragment itself looks like a burnt white face scorched by some unseen attack. Her hollow hole runs through her belly button.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sakiko remembers the moment she got killed by an atomic bomb, as well as the moments where she turned into a hollow and ate all the other victims of that bombs soul. Now that she is back in a clear state of mind, she desires to not repeat an experience like that again. She has a desire for peace and to protect people, but believes that humanity is inherently self-destructive and stupid, and being tempted to massacre them in great numbers for it, holding herself back because she doesn't want to sink to that level. To adjust to her new life in Hueco Mundo she seeks to bring order to it by force herself if need be.
    She regards being an arrancar as being like a gangster to the Shinigami's police: sure she is probably not the best person, but she can be one of those soft gangsters who make sure the neighborhood doesn't get even worse that people turn to when the cops don't get anything done.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

During World War Two, many horrors were inflicted upon mankind by itself. Thus many hollows were born from the ruin it wrought. One of the greatest terrors of this war were the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Unfortunately, with hollows keeping Shinigami busy across the globe, the many people who died in those bombings would suffer in the afterlife as well. A teenage girl was unlucky enough to be the first of the souls who died during the Hiroshima bombing to become a hollow and began devouring all the other souls who had all died at once, supplemented with those who died from the radiation poisoning afterwards. It was practically a feast for this hollow, and any other hollows born from the atomic aftermath afterwards were soon devoured by her as well. To the point where this hollow ascended to the rank of Gillian far faster than most and entered Hueco Mundo before any Shinigami could intervene, then soon climbed to Adjuchas afterwards. This hollow with its atomic powers poisoning her foes, incredibly fast and sudden growth in strength mirrored the suddenness of the weapon it was made from, and some feared that it would grow to Vastro Lorde before anyone could anything about it.

Then the hollows all disappeared for fifty years. No one really knows what happened during that time, least of all Sakiko. Her memories of that time are gone from her mind.

Time passed, people forgot about the atomic hollow, that flash in the pan that disappeared with the rest. When the hollow came back naming herself Sakiko, now an Arrancar with her radiation powers sealed away in her resurreccion, no one guessed her abilities or origins. She decided to lay low for a while, get used to her new life. She didn't remember her old name or who she was, but she remembers the terror of that bomb, and that life is worth living....or in her case, afterlife. And that regardless of what she is now, she just has to make the best of her situation. She regards her ressurreccion form as a dangerous last resort, and now focuses on using her other abilities to hide who she really is unless he really needs it. Her goal is to basically live life as best she can and get rid of any threats that would get in the way of that. Recently with disorder spreading among arrancars of her section of Las Noches, Quatro Segunda, she now has ambitions to become the next Espada to enforce order on her new home. After all, why not? She is strong and doesn't want the arrancars to descend into infighting or get killed by shinigami.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    General Abilities:
    In her normal form, Sakiko is a well-rounded fighter with good but not outstanding Hierro, Sonido Pesquisa, Cero and Bala. She can use Descorrer to open a Garganta for herself and thats it. While not an Espada, she has at least lieutenant levels of power. Her normal Cero can destroy a building per firing.

Her unique abilities are where she shines. In her normal form she can use the following abilities:
    Radiancia:
    She has control over radio wave radiation, allowing her to see and hear things from great distances, pick up technological transmissions, send them and detect people with radar. This ability has no capability to directly harm people

Cero Microonda :
    She combines micro waves with Cero to fire a very long ranged cero from her hand, however it requires focus making it useful mostly for sniping and artillery purposes. In normal form it has the power of Hadou 30 or the power of a sniper rifle

Bala Infrarroja:
    She fires a barrage of heat-seeking bala, hopefully hitting her enemy. Can be fooled by other sources of heat of course. Has the power of Hadou 35 or a machine gun

Cero Infrarroja:
    She fires a heat-seeking cero at her foe. can be fooled by other sources of heat. Has the power of Hadou 50 or a rocket launcher

Mira Infrarroja:
    Can see in thermal vision, allowing her to see at night and other uses.

Vista Ultravioleta:
    has ultraviolet vision allowing her to see things like fingerprints, saliva, blood, see through fog and rain, see well underwater. has a little less range than visible light.

Cero Ultravioleta:
    Can fire a UV Cero at people. has a little shorter range than regular Cero, but can cause constant burn if the target survives, and has a nonlethal version where she just uses it to cause sunburn, and sunburn can be painful to have. Has the power of Hadou 65 or a tank missile

Vista De Rayos X:
    Can see in X-ray vision, but sight is limited up to 50 feet. can be used to see the weakness and faults in the enemy, see through walls and so on.

Hoja De Rayos X:
    Surrounds Atomica, her katana in X-ray radiation, extending past the blade to be double in length, and if the radiation hits the foe it causes nausea, but nothing else.

Resurreccion:
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Atomica
    Release Command: Radiate
    Appearance:
    Sakiko grows into a giant hulking dragon-like being with no wings the size of a house and bunch of spikes on the back, thick white armor forming all over. Her draconic head has a nuclear radiation symbol on it and three black rays extend from her hollow hole as if it was a nuclear warning symbol. She has big powerful claws, a great and long barbed tale. She has two big horns growing from her head.

Abilities:
    Sakiko's strength and defensive power increase to incredible levels, her Hierro becoming very hard to penetrate and her blasts becoming very destructive. however she can't use Sonido in this form and her speed falls to being only as fast as a normal human. Her spikes on her back act as cannons, firing a lot of bala from them with ease. She still has access to all her other radiations, and her microwave attacks become a lot more powerful and faster and easier to fire. In this form, she is at least Captain levels of power.

Garra De Rayos Gamma:
    Her claws are filled with gamma radiation, those hit by them are filled with radiation poisoning as well as making them nauseous.

Zona Gamma:
    She focuses on projecting an aura of gamma radiation around her, radiation poisoning everything within a 30 foot radius of her, requires focus to maintain and she cannot use any other attack.

Cero Gamma:
    Fires a short range gamma-infused Cero from her mouth at her foe. Even this ranged attack only goes out to 40 feet from her, but is very powerful and if one is caught within it, they are both getting incinerated and being exposed to high amounts of gamma radiation. Has the power of Hadou 80.

Ultimate Attack, Cero Atomica:
    This ultimate attack uses up all her energy, making her fall unconscious after use, but unleashes the power of an atomic bomb upon the foe, destroying everything within 1 mile of the blast and poisoning the land with toxic radiation for generations to come. This incredibly powerful and poisonous attack has the usual ranges of Cero instead of a shorter one.

Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-12-16 at 02:09 AM.

21. - Top - End - #711

How old does Sakkiko look, since that's the important part of the age line for spirits?

To quote Lillinette Gingerback, "Arrancar don't have ages."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Orc in the Playground

Regarding her abilities: I think it might be interesting to replace "cancer" with "persistent burn", "difficult healing" or something of the like. Cancer is... kind of hard to work with in a narrative sense, not to mention the fact that we don't know if Soul Society has the ability to cure it (humans certainly can't most of the time), and giving someone an incurable disease as a result of being hit can get kind of screwy.

It might be interesting to give some references to work with when it comes to the destructive power of her abilities as well as her ability to resist. For instance, saying a Cero has a destructive power similar to a hand grenade or level 40 Hadou gives us a good idea how big a blast we're talking about. Or if her plated form in Ressurreccion can deflect Hadou of level 25 and less gives us an idea how hard it is to affect it, and so on. Otherwise, I like her powerset. She has a lot of detection abilities which is pretty cool, just not sure how often they'll come into play, but thematically they fit really well.

EDIT: Incidentally, the current Commander-General of Gotei has expressed ICly that during WW2 he actually tried to convince his superiors to let the Shinigami intervene before the atomic bombs dropped. Sakiko might just get a biiiiiiig "I'm sorry" hug if she ever meets him.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2018-12-15 at 09:15 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Is anyone willing to play some throwaway Numeros who might take issue with Svetlana trying to take an Espada seat?
    Sure, give me a little while. I'll also have Turiel come observe.

Regarding her abilities: I think it might be interesting to replace "cancer" with "persistent burn", "difficult healing" or something of the like. Cancer is... kind of hard to work with in a narrative sense, not to mention the fact that we don't know if Soul Society has the ability to cure it (humans certainly can't most of the time), and giving someone an incurable disease as a result of being hit can get kind of screwy.

It might be interesting to give some references to work with when it comes to the destructive power of her abilities as well as her ability to resist. For instance, saying a Cero has a destructive power similar to a hand grenade or level 40 Hadou gives us a good idea how big a blast we're talking about. Or if her plated form in Ressurreccion can deflect Hadou of level 25 and less gives us an idea how hard it is to affect it, and so on. Otherwise, I like her powerset. She has a lot of detection abilities which is pretty cool, just not sure how often they'll come into play, but thematically they fit really well.

EDIT: Incidentally, the current Commander-General of Gotei has expressed ICly that during WW2 he actually tried to convince his superiors to let the Shinigami intervene before the atomic bombs dropped. Sakiko might just get a biiiiiiig "I'm sorry" hug if she ever meets him.
    I need to look over the sheet in a bit more detail but these are all solid suggestions.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

ok, edited for clarity of looking young adult and to change cancer to persistent burn.

not sure how to put in the exact power for stuff though, but the farther away from gamma the weaker they get and the closer to gamma you get the more powerful they get while losing range. so....hm....

as for usefulness: its all about how you leverage it. to make thermal vision useful for example, all she has to do is find an arrancar who can make a zone of darkness in visible light and recruit them to be one of her fraccion, and order them to put it up as a form of teamwork. to make her radio wave stuff more useful, she just has to support/recruit an arrancar tech smuggler trying to get computers and cell phones into Las Noches until she basically runs a tech cartel. maybe branch out into the seireitei in the epilogue

25. - Top - End - #715
    Orc in the Playground

It's funny you should mention that, because I have exactly one Hollow(?) whose powers rely on creating tangible darkness. He'd NEVER agree to be someone's underling, but he might be persuaded into becoming an ally.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

ok, heres my thoughts:

technically I have already defined the range of her lethality/power.
    "harmless" is her radio waves

and "blow up a city/everything within one mile" as the ultimate attack.

so I just got to figure out what the five other tiers of power between those two her attacks are:
    1. Microwaves
    2. Infrared
    3. Visible light
    4. Ultraviolet
    5. Gamma.

Visible light are the normal cero attacks. lets say they can blow up a building, just as a good average level of strength.

Microwaves and Infrared therefore are more on the weaker side of harm despite their longer range and Infrared's tracking capabilities.

Ultraviolet and Gamma are stronger despite having shorter ranges.

so I'd say that the longer ranges are closer to being powerful as guns, while her shorter ranges are powerful like explosions. and that resurreccion gives a power boost to the longer range stuff so that they can blow up buildings as well.

that sound good?

27. - Top - End - #717
    Orc in the Playground

Well, "blowing up a building" is kinda subjective, because it depends on whether you're trying to do it by collapsing it from the outside or breaking apart its structural support.

From my experience, powers that blow up things within a radius measured in miles don't get much use.

The range and radius of each power is not necessarily the most important part. The destructive power is. As a point of comparison, there are such things as bunkers meant to withstand nuclear explosions, and then there are bombs that blow those bunkers up... am I making sense?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #718

You know, if the Endgame is going to be a joint assault by the Gotei and Las Noches on Von Geister's forces, a meeting between the Espada and the Captains to hammer out the plan of attack would probably be in the cards.

Or even a meeting between the Captain's and their Lieutenants and the Espada and their Fracione, if they wanted to maximize view-points and make sure that as much relevant knowledge as possible was available.

...Is there a formal procedure for appointing Fracione or does the Espada just point at someone and say "you're my personal minion now?"

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Orc in the Playground

I can't think of a formal procedure offhand, unless the Espada themselves choose to institute one? I mean, their choice of Fraccion is left to their individual discretion after all, and I can't think of any time an Espada said "DANG, he can't be my Fraccion because procedures".

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #720

Exclamation Re: [BitPRē] OOCVII: Kidnapping aunts for fun & profit

Hollowfication: While whether Fullbringers can be best said to be part hollow or merely infected by Hollow Nature is a matter of debate, there's no debate with, Sarah,: Between the atypical manner in which she gained her powers and the adaptions she's undergone since arriving in Hueco Mundo, Sarah can only be said to be partially hollowfied. It is, at this point, almost inevitable that she will one day become an entity that can accurately be described as a "Living Hollow," and even if that is somehow prevented there will always be some aspect of hollowfication to her and her abilities.
    I kind of feel the need to explain what I mean with this, just so stuff like this is established ahead of time, just in case. Most of these are just hypothetical though, I don't have any plans for this to happen. From least extreme to most extreme.

If Sarah stole or was given the powers of another Fullbringer, it would always manifest in a way that made the hollow-like nature readily apparent--Shields would take the form of Hollow Masks, space-warping effects and barriers would superficially resemble negacione, generic energy blasts would become Ceros and Balas, and manifested or summoned weapons would always seem malevolent or otherwise "hollow-like"

If Sarah somehow gained the abilities of a Quincy or had Quincy nature added to her soul, that part of her would instantly self destruct from contact with the hollowfied energy. This would probably damage her soul and cost her a fraction of her base power at a bare minimum.

If Sarah died, then without the properties of a living soul she would instantly undergo complete encroachment and become a Hollow. There would be no time for soul Burriel and her ghost might not even manifest as a plus at all. She would unusually powerful for a lesser hollow, due to her high spiritual power, but ultimately she'd just be a normal hollow and unless she underwent Arrancarification without having ever eaten a soul this would basically be a bad-end/death of personality situation.

If Sarah became a Substitute Shinigami or was given or stole powers from a Substitute Shinigami, the ZnanpakutoSpirit she developed would be more like True Zangetsu than a normal Zan--taking the form of a hollowfied version of herself with a more abrasive, sadistic, and instinctive/emotional version of her personality. Its names might be Spanish instead of Japanese. It would, however, halt her hollowfication if it happened before she went Full Hollow.

Most extreme, and basically what she's semi-locked into, the "living Hollow" endgame I mentioned, is a bit of a long one so I'm gonna spoiler it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It would happen in three stages.

Stage one would be something akin to a Visored's Hollowfication--a doubling of base power, reiyoku and reiatsu taking on a more hollowfied feel(only slightly, since Sarah's energy already feels like a hollow,) and cosmetic changes(The silver parts of her armor turning white, with red "eyeliner" and a pair of short horns manifesting on her faceplate/mask and her eyes changing color to the black and gold "hollow" eyes.) She'd also freaking berserker the first could of times it happened. Ways this could happen: Taking one too many breaths of hollowfied air(she's years away from this,)if she accidentally or deliberately ate the flesh of a hollow or hollowfied animal spirit, or if she experienced major negative emotion while being pushed to her mental, physical, and spiritual limits in a fight(both much more likely to happen over the course of this game in the time left.) At this point, Sarah would lose the ability to absorb the powers of a Substitute Shinigami, but an actual Shinigami jamming his sword into her chest and pumping her full of Shinigami power would still work and would arrest the Hollowfication at this stage.

Stage two, sometime after getting Hollowfication under control, would be a tipping point reached where her soul reached a state of being exactly half-human and half-hollow. Not sure how it would happen exactly, but basically, she would lose the hollowfied form, it's cosmetic effects would become permanent(permanent hollowed eyes, permanent white bones and hollow mask on the armor) while gaining a mechanically identical "ressurecion" where she merges with her armor(doing this in the mortal world would convert her body into spiritual matter, the same way that a mortal becomes a living spirit if they physically travel to Hueco Mundo or soul society) into a lesser hollow-like form that doubles base power(as it's mechanically identical to the former hollowfied state) that resembles a distorted, "organic" version of the Armor(with the hollow hole being real and piercing through rather than being decorative.)

At this point, Sarah starts to get hungry... she might not notice at first, as her base form could be sustained by ambient energy in Hueco Mundo, but she's developed a hollow's Hunger for souls and spiritual energy, and it becomes noticeable in her Hollow Form. If she indulges, her base power doesn't change, but the amount of power she gains in her hollow form does--her hollow form would progress through a modified version of the Hollow evolutionary latter(she'd skip mindless menos grande and the mutability of her living core soul would mean each stage would need significantly fewer souls, at the cost of thus being much less powerful. It probably wouldn't be very noticeable in the Gillian and Adjucha stages, as she's already at Gillian Levels of power in her base form, but if she made it to Vasto Lorde without increasing her base power from where it is now, she'd be the bare minimum level of power that a Vasto Lorde could possess, probably being confused for an unusually humanoid Adjucha.)

If a Shinigami jabbed his blade into her and pumped her soul full of Death God juice at this point, it would fuel her Evolution but not give her Shinigami powers. She could still absorb Fullbrings, but there's a non-zero chance that anything, not "in-theme" would be cannibalized to fuel her evolution instead of increasing her base power and giving her new abilities. At this point, Sarah would gain an Aspect of Death: Death by Walling Yourself In.

If Sarah dies at any point after her Hollow form becomes a Menos but before becoming a Vasto Lorde, she fully hollowfies as a Menos of one stage lower--Gillian becomes Mindless Menos Grande, Adjucha becomes a Sentient Gillian, albeit with her pre-existing power level. A sentient Gillian Sarah might remember who she is if she Undergoes Arrancarification immediately, but it'd be a crapshoot

Stage 3: The Final Stage. If Sarah managed to evolve her Hollow Form to Vasto Lorde, then like a natural Vasto Lorde her hunger would vanish and she'd lose the ability to become stronger or evolve further (she wouldn't even be able to absorb fullbring.)

She'd also be permanently stuck in Hollowform--a living spirit, like when Ichigo leaves his body or what Isshin is when he's not in his Gigai. This is what I mean when I say her most likely endgame would be most accurately described as a Living Hollow(albeit one ho could still do universal fullbring,) though eventually her main soul would completely hollowfy and she'd "die" in the sense that her main soul would no longer have the properties of a living human soul, but that'd be a long ways off.

If Sarah wanted to go back to the human world, she'd need a gigai to interact with anyone but a medium and maybe even then to keep mediums in the know from freaking out, and if she wanted to assume human form again she'd need to undergo arrancarification like any other hollow. (Her Zanpakuto would be a skull/hollow mask shaped buckler chained to her arm with a deceptively dainty looking silver chain long enough that it could be used as an unorthodox flail. Aegis of the Death Knight would become Armadura Impenetrable de la Palidina de la Diosa de la Muerte. Bit of a mouth full, but what you gonna do?)

If she was killed at this point, it would be the same as if any other hollow was killed. Sarah as a plus might turn up in soul society, but she'd have no powers and have the same odds of remembering who she was as any other plus.

I don't expect any of that to happen in-game barring shenanigans, except maybe stage one of the path she's semi-locked into now, but I like having it established as something in my mind

The living hollow thing is something I'd been considering ever since she was taken to Hueco Mundo, as the earliest plans for Sarah involved her eventually abandoning the mortal world for the world of spirits.

Sarah's emotions through the various stages of that process would be "This is awesome" to "why am I hungry" to "this is terrifying how do I stop it?" to "well if it's inevitable... At least I'm not as bad off as those poor, delicious bastards out in the desert" to "Okay, now that I'm used to it this is kind of awesome again," to "kiss my ass, bitches," though in-game context would determine how long each stage lasted or even alter the progression.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks