New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1435
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] OOCVII: Kidnapping aunts for fun & profit

Spoiler: Tangent
    Show
    Perhaps more to the point, if the 1 in 10000 proportion holds true, that means there's only 0,77 million mediums throughout Earth as a whole. You could literally gather them up all in a single, fairly small town and concentrate the entirety of the world's spiritually sensitive humans in an area of roughly 3 to 5 square miles, probably less. Earth has 196.900.000 miles of surface area - 70% of that is water, so that leaves 59.070.000 miles in which to randomly place a small city with every medium in the world. You could hide such a city in the Amazon Rainforest and there would still be 2.123.995 miles left where spiritual power is a non-issue. And that's assuming they don't go with the artificial island route which gives them EVEN MORE space in which to fit awkwardly.

You pointed out that Karakura in canon is supposed to be one of the most highly concentrated spiritual places in the world, but somehow Ichigo doesn't develop powers or even see a Hollow until he becomes a Shinigami. Even without attaining Shikai, Rukia comments that his spiritual pressure is ridiculously huge for an otherwise nonpowered human, and even then Ichigo manages to give a grand total of TWO of his friends actual powers.

All this while being the son of a Captain-level Shinigami and presumably a highly-trained Quincy. Plus whatever other snowflake bullcrap he has going on.

That ultimately means that the actual influence any empowered mortals have is practically nil on the spiritual environment as a whole because most of those mediums never have the power to actually affect it. We are never told if that proportion is the result of breeding among empowered mortals or if Hollow attacks creating Fullbringers is a more likely cause. Data seems to point that way though - if one out of every thousand deaths results in Hollowification, that gives us 151 new Hollows each day. If, say, half of those manage to attack somebody before a Shinigami finds them, and we have a survival rate of one out of ten Hollow attack victims, that means 7,5 Fullbringers come about each day. Over a one-year period, that gives us... 2737 Fullbringers, assuming every survivor becomes a Fullbringer. These are conservative estimates, of course - since canon establishes that there are not enough Shinigami to vanquish every Hollow, the survival rate is likely lower than that (especially if we have Hollows cooperating and/or forming groups), and the Hollows in question likely spawn at a higher rate.

In other words, since the Gaiden Shinigami were so ludicrously efficient that no Hollow is ever born, then natural birth is the only way Mediums would ever come to be. And since we established that it takes a particularly POWERFUL medium in order for the environment to be affected (oh hey, Ichigo's friends were ALSO attacked by Hollows, so we have no way of knowing if their power development would've happened over time or how long that would've taken, too... so we can't even be sure of how MUCH they affect the spiritual environment), then the only point of contention would be if their Hollow-slaying methods would be an issue somehow. We know for a fact that was a problem with the Quincy, but from what little we can gather from canon, Gotei has no such qualms with regular mediums (the existence of Orihime and Chad doesn't even cause them to bat an eye, and Rukia treats Kisuke as just a merchant of spiritual items for whatever reason, much less his assistants).

TL;DR: unless the mediums in Gaiden are fundamentally different from both those in Canon and in our own game, then ordering them to give up their powers or their lives to Soul Society is overkill no matter how you slice it.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2019-03-31 at 08:13 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: More on the tangent
    Show
    Actually...

Discounting the murder of the Soul King, the only time in canon that we actually see the Balance of the worlds in danger is after the Wadenreich systematically slaughtered both the population of Las Noches and sent hunting parties to scour the deserts and forest of Menos of every Hollow they could find, killing thousands of menos in theprocess.

Thousands of individuals composed of hundreds or thousands of souls each--millions of souls at a minimum--being destroyed in just a few days was what it took to noticibly upset the balance.

Which was then immediately fixed by summarily executing just a few thousand rukon citizens, sending just a few thousand souls down to earth.

This strongly indicates that mortal souls on earth are far more important for maintaining the balance than spirits in the spirit world by a significant margin.

By sealing away spiritual power or killing mortals with spirit powers and bringing them to soul society, they may, in fact, be slightly disruptting the balance.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2019-03-31 at 09:12 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ettin in the Playground

@Kuroimaken:
    Spoiler: tangent
    Show
    You are right that you could put all mediums in a single city - but whether that city is on Earth or in Soul Society makes very little difference.

Rarity of mediums also still has no relevance. The system is equally valid if there's one medium born per year than if there's one thousand. Again, rarity of mediums can even be used as a point in the system's favor, because small number of mediums makes the entire process easier to implement and less interfering with human life.

Pretty much your entire counter-argument is made from a consequentalist viewpoint, but Kantianism is not a consequentalist system. It is deontological. In a deontological system, the simple outcome of an action (or lack of action) does not decide if that action is moral.

@Rater202:
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    If categorical imperatives do not require statistics, then nobody should be making practical assumptions based on them, let alone forming policy along those lines.
    False. Why? Because actions precede statistics and axioms of philosophy precede interpretation of statistics.

Any moral system, even consequentalist systems, in fact, even natural sciences, must accept some statements as true a priori, because otherwise they never get off the ground. These statements are called axioms. For example, it is an axiom of natural sciences that there is an objective, external world. This is not something that could ever be proven by statistics, but it is necessary for any kind of practical sciences. Similarily, it is an axiom of utilitarianism that humans happiness is both a thing that exists and quantifiable. Without these axioms, the concept of "greatest happiness for the greatest number" would be incoherent and collecting statistics on human happiness would be a meaningless pursuit.

Even modern law is not without its axioms and a priori moral values. For example, the idea that human life has value and that this value is both intrinsic and inalienable? Yeah, that's not based on statistics of any kind, but it occupies the highest spot in hierarchy of legal norms in a number of real justice systems. In fact, no amount of statistics can prove any value for human life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202
    Also, just because Life as a human and life as a spirit are roughly equal, that doesn't mean that life on earth and life in soul society are equel.
    This is true. However, you are still veering towards a strawman. Here's why:

People in the Rukon can't afford ****ing shoes--it's a plot point that literally nobody in the Rukon wears shoes in canon.
    Rukon residents past ring 59 can't afford shoes. Rukon has 80 rings. That means there are 59 rings, plus Seireitei, which have better quality of life.

You are, once more, assuming Soul Society is worse than it is, and that's before even entertaining the idea that Gaiden Shinigami could've done something to improve it.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #1114

Show
    Dude?

If the Shinigami are uprooting people's lives without even bothering to check the facts, then they're the bad guys.

Ruining peoples lives because of philosophy without regard for facts is how a great deal of real-life evil was committed.

And even if the first 59 districts of the Rukon are slightly less bad, having the choice between living in poverty in Feudal Japan or serving in Feudal Japan's military to avoid the high chance of starving to death are both much worse than living in most places on modern Earth.

On the Districts: We know from Toshirou's backstory that people in the first Rukon district, Junrinan, are disdainful of people differant from them and/or that have spiritual power and that Toshirou, who was discriminated against for being odd/having power, instinctivly felt the need to protect Momo, implying that things in general aren't too hot in District one.

And it gets worse from there.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ettin in the Playground

People with powers are discriminated in the Rukon because plenty of people believe that Shinigami, and by extension, people who could become Shinigami, are the bad guys. Or at least something to be feared.

Show
    As for "fact checking", that's an entirely yawnworthy comment. Why? Because what constitutes a "fact" is a matter of epistemology, a field of philosophy concerned with nature of knowledge. It does not escape the need for axioms either. There is a simple corollary to this: every time you say someone is a "bad guy" or "evil"? No matter how thoroughly you think you checked your facts, we can find some element of your moral reasoning that must be accepted as-is a priori, without evidence or statistics.

The existence of "facts" is one such thing.

6. - Top - End - #1116

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    People with powers are discriminated in the Rukon because plenty of people believe that Shinigami, and by extension, people who could become Shinigami, are the bad guys. Or at least something to be feared.
    And thus, forcing people with powers to move to Soul Society is either going to validate those fears or give people a convinient target.

Toshirou felt the need to protect Momo in the first district. The best place in the Rukon still ins't a very good place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Show
    As for "fact checking", that's an entirely yawnworthy comment. Why? Because what constitutes a "fact" is a matter of epistemology, a field of philosophy concerned with nature of knowledge. It does not escape the need for axioms either. There is a simple corollary to this: every time you say someone is a "bad guy" or "evil"? No matter how thoroughly you think you checked your facts, we can find some element of your moral reasoning that must be accepted as-is a priori, without evidence or statistics.

The existence of "facts" is one such thing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, now you're just being some big word that means stubborn.

If the Gaiden-Shinigami are either 1: Taking away people's powers or 2: Killing them, where they'll either be forced to join the Gotei 13 or else live in poverty where they'll be discriminated against for having powers and risk starving to death, and either way are denying people the right to use their gifts as they see fit, without so much as stopping to think if they're overreaching the limits of their authority or even if the philosophy behind their actions is valid, they are in the wrong.

Denying people rights for no valid reason--which, as should be obviously by now, I don't think the philosophy you described is a valid reason--is at the very least extremely unethical and in most cases would be considered to be immoral.

And anyone who follows a philosophy without questioning it, even when it causes harm to someone or multiple someones, is a fanatic, and fanatics are traditionally depicted as villains in the stories they appear in.

Now, to better try and illustrate my perspective on this: Imagine if the vast majority of people in the world were blue-yellow colorblind. You can see those colors just fine. Now some jackass in a robe shows up and tells you that your ability to see blue and yellow inherently makes the lives of people who can't see it less meaningful so you've either got to agree to have your ability to distinguish those colors and your memory of what they're like, or else you'll be forced to move to some other country where your choices are to live in poverty in a place where at best you'll be treated with disdain or be forced to join this other countries military. You've never heard of this guy's country, he doesn't have any authority recognized by any government in the world... But there's no way of stopping him, because the cops can't do anything for some reason, so short of killing him he's gonna get what he wants and if you kill him the next guy won't bother asking.

You'd think of these people as the bad guys, right?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    I'll make no comment on your parallel because this part:

If the Gaiden-Shinigami are either 1: Taking away people's powers or 2: Killing them, where they'll either be forced to join the Gotei 13 or else live in poverty where they'll be discriminated against for having powers and risk starving to death, and either way are denying people the right to use their gifts as they see fit, without so much as stopping to think if they're overreaching the limits of their authority or even if the philosophy behind their actions is valid, they are in the wrong.
    Is still a strawman. The people in Rukon have more choices than that. Furthermore, no-one is ever forced into Gotei. It is an opt-in organization, where you have to apply and then pass the entrance exam before even being considered for entry. By characterizing the choice as "forced", you are making your argument in bad faith (both in the existentialist sense and the ordinary one).

Besides, Senshi specifically said in the Gaiden thread that:

Quote Originally Posted by Senshi Hoshigaki
    "We may not allow spiritual powers on Earth, but in Soul Society, it's normal! People with powers have all the same rights as others there! "
    Do you need to believe Senshi? Nah. But not believing him and claiming he's "never stopped to think if they're overreaching the limits of their authority or even if the philosophy behind their actions is valid" is an assumption of bad faith. In laymen's words, you are implicitly accusing Senshi of being clueless, thoughtless or a liar.

In the end, I left the Gaiden Soul Society unseen to leave some ambiguity in the matter. I could've pre-empted many of your ponderings by showing it, but that would've been too much work for me. It would've also made some parts of the mystery too easy to figure out. Nothing of importance will happen there, so I will never give you more details than I already did.

I will, however, restate this: it is a world one step better. So every argument where you not only assume all flaws of the original still apply, but also exaggarate them, will continue to be pointless. It's raging against injustice you invented, not me.

Beyond that, you're free to think what you will.

Or, I could just let a funny comic do the talking for me.

8. - Top - End - #1118

Show
    Is still a strawman. The people in Rukon have more choices than that.
    Most people in the Rukon don't need to eat.

the ones in the less sucky areas are probably better off than most people living in poverty because a greater percentage of whatever income they can scrounge up is able to be used on clothing and/or nonessential because thy don't need to eat.

when one of the fundamental needs of life is met by default, nothing else is a problem.

But souls with spiritual power do need to eat. And good luck getting food in a palce where no one needs to eat--oh, there might be stalls tradding food in the low numbered sdistrcts, but we know from Rukia's backstory that once you get to no-shoes land that people with spiritual power just tend to drop dead from starvation and nobody there even knows what's going on so yeah, no food.

And Soul society's policy on new arrivals is to give them a ticket with a number on it, point them in one of the four cardinal directions, and tell them to keep walking till they get to the district with their number on it.

The further away from the Seireitei you are, the less likely it'll be that you'll be able to get enough food to keep from starving to death(and the more effort/income will need to be done to get enough food.)

Joining the Shinigami might be an "opt-in" thing, but the Seireitei is the only place that's guaranteed to have enough food to go around and if you're randomly assigned to no-shoes land joining the three branches of the Shinigami military or lucking out and getting adopted by the nobles is basically your only chance at not starving to death. A choice between life and death ins't a choice at all.

Likewise, a choice between having your unique gifts stolen from you and moving to another nation where your options are to be a hated minority at risk of starving to death or joining that other nation's military might as well not be a choice because you're getting screwed either way--your rights aren't being respected.
    I will, however, restate this: it is a world one step better
    Yes. It's one step better based on the ideals of Nasumi, Transcendent Shadow, and maybe Senshi.

But one step closer to their platonic ideal doesn't guarantee that it's legitimately better world.

It's objectively a world where the Shinigami don't respect the rights of empowered mortals--they don't allow powers on earth, in Senshi's word, and it's rather arrogant of them to have made that judgement. For someone who values the freedom of choice--who believes in the inherent right that you and you alone get to decide what to do with your own inherent gifts and talents(as long as you're not hurting people) then the argument could be made that it's one, or more, steps worse as all living humans are denied that right.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Most people in the Rukon don't need to eat.
    And? You realize this bit and the argument following it is based on in-series trivia which the Shinigami would be aware about and could work around simply by telling any human mediums where to get food?

A choice between life and death ins't a choice at all.
    To quote Sartre from the comic, "That is where you are wrong!"

Yes. It's one step better based on the ideals of Nasumi, Transcendent Shadow, and maybe Senshi.

But one step closer to their platonic ideal doesn't guarantee that it's legitimately better world.
    Now this is a misunderstanding about how platonic idealism works.

First, it's better compared to the main thread's world only. Not whatever other idea of a better world you have in mind. For Sarah's parents, that amounts to not being eaten by Hollows. No matter how awfull you think the Gaiden Shinigami are being, both of the choices offered by them are better than that.

Second, it is not "their" platonic ideal. (Well, save for the parts which are literally them.) People do not decide platonic ideals. They exist, objective, separate and unreachable. In this philosophy, there is no other way to be legitimately better than try to approximate them.

Your issue is that your still implicitly confusing a better world for the best world. Which it isn't. Like said, "better" and "best" in the material world are always suspectible to the third man argument and infinite regression. That is, based on the Gaiden world, it is possible to imagine an even better world, and based on that third world, it is possible to imagine an even better world... so on and so forth, ad nauseam. Your criticism of the Gaiden world is just proof of concept.

10. - Top - End - #1120

I'm assuming for the purpose of this post that if Fullbringers are living people with physical bodies and are channeling their powers thourgh physical objects made of physical cmatter than transformative fullbrings are likewise made of physical matter while in the World of the Living.

Even if Mikael's brother can't see the energy he should be able to see the chain embedded in Sarah's arm turn into a gauntlet and see said gauntlet.

Sarah don't give a crap about the masquerade.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2019-04-02 at 01:47 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ettin in the Playground

It depends. Orihime's hairpins, for example, are visible to just spiritually aware people. But no confirmation exists on if that applies to other Fullbringers and their items.

It has varied in our game. For example, Yamada Katsuo has a similar Fullbring than Sarah, and it's invisible to mundane people - Katsuo once used it as a test for Tachibana Torahiko.

So, because I happened to write my IC post before reading your OOC comment, I went with precedent set by Orihime's hairpins and Katsuo's armor.

For contrast, Haroda Tamaki can choose if the objects he makes with his powers are visible or not, and Mikael's powers are explicitly physical transformations.

12. - Top - End - #1122

Orihime's hairpins kind of create spirits and she's a special case regardless.

And regardless, I've been operating on the assumption that normal people can see Sarah's armor. It never came up, but there's a reason why someone so paranoid wasn't walking around armored 24/7 prior to that first week in Las Noches

I'm not saying you need to change your post, but this is probably gonna come up again later.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sorry for falling behind on posting the last few days. One thing or another left me busy and/or fried. I'll try to do something tomorrow night.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Orc in the Playground

RL does that to us sometimes. Don't worry about it.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

15. - Top - End - #1125

Okay, I'll be honest I legitimately don't know where to go from here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ettin in the Playground

Tip corner:

1) steal phone.
    2) steal money, then buy phone and connection.
    3) kindly ask strangers untill someone borrows you a phone.
    4) break into any house that could have a landline and use phone there.
    5) fall into despair and cry for mommy because you did not think this through.
    6) hide and lay in wait in the hopes that the man you're looking for returns to this address.
    7) throw a violent tantrum in the hopes that it lures someone, anyone into the location.
    8) kidnap the man you just talked to and demand ransom from his relatives.

Svetlana abusing her invisibility and potential intangibility to scout potential targets may or may not be part of some of these plans.

Is this sufficient?

17. - Top - End - #1127

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "Just be sure you don't go starting any wars on us, hm?"
    Does it count if the other side is just one person and it would have happened regardless?

Becuase otherwise this could get really awkward.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ettin in the Playground

It already is awkward.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Orc in the Playground

>>>Has her head messed with by people who can build an entire dream world
    >>>Immediately goes out to meet people that did it with no backup

No offense, but Sarah could stand to learn to avail how dangerous a situation she can get herself into, or more importantly, out of.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1130

d6 Re: [BitPRē] OOCVII: Kidnapping aunts for fun & profit

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    >>>Has her head messed with by people who can build an entire dream world
    >>>Immediately goes out to meet people that did it with no backup

No offense, but Sarah could stand to learn to avail how dangerous a situation she can get herself into, or more importantly, out of.
    Strictly speaking, Sarah's the backup.

This is Lady Sexta's op.

But yes. If this was Bleach D20, Sarah would have used Wisdom as a Dump Stat.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ettin in the Playground

It's pretty much theme of the day.

22. - Top - End - #1132

Please allow me to introduce the villain of my story.

Shin-Tan Ubai

Spoiler
    Show

Height: Same as Sarah Smith
    Weight: Same as Sarah Smith
    Side: Sarah Smith's... Whether she likes it or not.

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shin-Tan Ubai is a Zanpakuto. Specifically, she is the Zanpakuto drawn from the soul of Sarah Smith, a Fullbringer who has undergone Full Hollowfication and been in such a state since birth. Thus, Shin-Tan Ubai is the image of the ideal "Hollow Self" of Sarah Smith.

Shin-Tan Ubai looks like you edited footage of Sarah Smith to make her skin and hair the purest white. The embedded chains on Sarah's body are inky-black tattoos on Shin-Tan's body. Her scleras are solid black and her irises a deep gold. She often wears the mask of a hollow named Anim-manĝanta Diablo-Reĝino--a Stylized skull with two short horns from its brow, with red markings resembling thick eyeliner around its sockets.

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anim-manĝanta Diablo-Reĝino, an exceptionally powerful Adjuchas who was very close to becoming a Vasto Lorde, was killed but not consumed by a rogue Arrancar.

What happens to hollows who are slain without destruction, purification, or consumption? Well, they're broken down. They become the sands of Hueco Mundo and the Reshi that fills the air, their component souls shattered into fragments so small as to be made useless.

Anim-manĝanta Diablo-Reĝino was an exception, for reasons that Shin-Tan Ubai is keeping mum, a fragment of her dominant most soul didn't break down completly, and with the last of her strength she was able to force her essence--her memories and a fragment of her power--into that soul fragment and force it back into the cycle of reincarnation where it merged with a compatible soul that was just about to be born.

The plan was to assimilate this soul from the inside out, live as a human until death, and then start over from square one as a hollow...

But the part of the soul embodying power awakened and devoured that soul-fragment, making the essence of the hollow part of itself and allowing Sarah Smith to be born as herself, despite the... Unique quirks of having the essence of a Hollow merged into the part of herself that embodies spiritual power and the potential to become a Shinigami.

That would have been the end of it if it werren't for the hollows that swarmed and devoured almost the entire population of Sarah's small, tourist-trap town. Sarah was so scared... There wasn't much shin-Tan could do, but the fear and stress of the attack awakened Sarah's latent spiritual powers and for a brief moment Shin-Tan was able to reach out and claim the leftover hollow-energy in the air around the ruins of town and use it to get Sarah started on the fullbring that would turn Momma's bracelet into an armor to protect Sarah from the dangers she saw everywhere.

She's been watching Sarah ever since. She can't wait until Sarah can hear her... But she's also very angry. She had the memories of the Hollow that tried to overwrite her beloved Master and all other people who that soul fragment was part of. She knows how the afterlife works, and the "sin" that's been accumulating in Sarah's soul as she performed "crimes" of self-defense and survival... The Hollow whose essence that Shin-Tan Ubai made part of herself was obsessed with Justice, and the Injustice of such a thing has driven the already unstable Hollowfied Zanpakuto around the bend.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shin-Tan Ubai loves, loves, loves her beloved Master. (If you can't love yourself, who else will?)

She's also bat**** insane. It comes from being a Hollow. Shin-Tan is mostly able to function, but she's prone to mood swings--switching from formal, professional, almost academic to emotional and childish at the drop of a hat--and off leaps of Logic.

Despite her unconditional love of her beloved Master, Shin-Tan Ubai is sometimes frustrated by Sarah's actions--Sarah overthinks powers that should be intuitive and thus isn't able to use her full potential. Also, Sarah's a god-damned edgelord. ("Aegis of The Deathknight? Sarah, that's a dumb name. It's Tryhard and Edgy and some other third thing. People aren't gonna be impressed that you're familiar with Greek mythology, they're just gonna think you're a gamer geek.")

Unlike Sarah, who is pathologically afraid of pain and injury, Shin-Tan knows that a little pain now can prevent a bunch of pain later.

Shin-Tan loves her beloved master, and will always do what she thinks is best for her, whether Sarah likes it or not...

...And everyone else can Burn in Hell for all she cares.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reiryoku and Reiatsu: Shin-Tan Ubai has spiritual power and pressure roughly comparable to an unusually powerful Menos Grande level Arrancar. Her energy has the properties of a Hollow's energy and her spiritual pressure invokes feelings of madness and rage.

Superhuman Strength: Shin-Tan Ubai can lift thousands of pounds with a casual effort with blows to match.

Superhuman Speed: All of shin-Tan Ubai's movements and senses can be safely pushed to at least four times that of the finest human athletes before applying high-speed movement techniques with which she has a great deal of proficiency.

Hierro: Similar to an Arrancar, Shin-Tan Ubai's skin is ultra durable. Remnants of Sarah Smith's original Fullbring enhances it to a degree: she has the Hierro of an Adjuchas level Arrancar.

Fullbring: As the embodiment of Sarah's powers, she has Sarah's Fullbring abilities. She can use abilities that Sarah possesses but can't yet use because unlike her Master, Shin-Tan Ubai uses it intuitively without overthinking it. In addition to all of the abilities that Sarah has demonstrated, Shin-Tan Ubai can intuitively understand most languages because she communes from the soul and is particularly skilled in the following techniques
    • Telekinesis: Shin-Tan Ubai possesses the ability to use her spiritual power to manipulate physical objects, up to 500 lbs within 100ft of her(though much further if she's just throwing something.)
    • Psychometry: Shin-Tan Ubai can read the pasts of objects by touching them, intuitively reading the memories and analyzing the properties of the soul or souls of that object.

Inherited Memories: Shin-Tan Ubai has inherited the memories, not only of Anim-manĝanta Diablo-Reĝino but of all beings who had that fragment of soul within them, giving her a decent academic knowledge of most aspects of the afterlife, proficiency in Hollow abilities such as Cero or the creation of Garganta, as well as proficiency in a number of spiritual skills. Not mentioned elsewhere is knowledge of low-level Kido.

Zanjutsu: Moderately proficient in a fluid style that draws clear elements from both Japanese Kendo and European fencing, though when particularly frustrated they default to something more akin to an ape brandishing a stick.
    Spoiler: Zanpakuto
    Show
    Release Command: "Drink my fill."

Appearance:Shin-Tan Ubai never manifests the sealed form of her Weapon-Self.

Shikai: Shin-Tan Ubai(心胆奪い "Soul Stealer.")
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: Shin-Tan Ubai's sealed form is a western-style blade, resembling a cruciform court sword or small-sword. It's made of a metal as black as night, save for the pommel stone which is silver and a stylized skull embedded in the crossguard.

Abilities:Shin-Tan Ubai is indestructible and is able to cut anything with a physical presence, regardless of form. It's true Shikai power is that it drains spiritual and vital energies from beings and objects that it cuts. Normally each cut or piercing only takes away a small amount, but Shin-Tan Ubai can impale a being and slowly drain spiritual power, both reiryoku and lose reishi within their body, and vital essence from an individual. If Shin-Tan Ubai kills someone, either by traditional stabbing and cutting or by completly draining them, she can, in-lieu of purifying their souls, if she so chooses to absorb and devour their soul(s) in a manner identical to a hollow(reclaiming all remaining spiritual and vital energies, if any, that remain in the being.) Spiritual beings or objects(or reshified mortal objects) killed by draining are broken down into component reishi and absorbed, whether Shin-Tan Ubai consumes their soul or not

Bankai: Tamakui no Onihime(魂喰いの鬼姫, "Soul-eating Devil-Princess.")
    Spoiler
    Show
    Note: Tamakui no Onihime doesn't know if the similarity between her True name as "Queeny's" is a result of her having assimilated the fragment of the Hollow or if it's a complete coincidence. Onihime honestly doesn't care.

Appearance: You know those anime/manga with the huge-swords that no human being could possibly lift? Things that are better described as over-sized polearms or heaps of raw iron? Imagine someone duel-wilding two of those. Three-foot handles leading into seven-foot "blades" wide enough to eliminate the need for a cross guard. The blades are solid back but the handles and the bolts holding the blades to them are silver, as are chains leading up the sleaves a robe of shadow that forms over the wilder. (Onihime is always wearing Queeny's Hollow Mask, whether Shin-Tan was wearing it before activation or not.)

Abilities:
    In addition to all of Shin-Tan Ubai's abilities, Tamakui no Onihime magnifies one's raw power and all physical attributes ten-fold. The now larger blades retain the draining properties of the Shikai form, though the passive version is scaled up somewhat due to the larger wounds they can inflict. The robe of shadows that envelops Onihime passively absorbs all attacks based in Reiryoku, loose Reshi(such as a Quincy's bow and arrows) and converts them to energy to replenish Onihime's reserves. Most Kido, the holy arrow's of a Quincy, pure energy attacks, and even elemental effects in the form of fire or lightning are completly ineffective against Onihime for this reason.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Orc in the Playground

Just for the record, I would prefer that the words "indestructible" and "able to cut anything with a physical presence" be replaced with terms like "extraordinarily durable" and "unspeakably sharp" if at all possible.

It can be kind of difficult to deal with anything that is explicitly impossible to harm in any way and that possesses practically immeasurable attack power. I try to come up with good reasons for Koutarou to not use Iron Maiden form to trivialize fights with anyone defensively minded since his blade's power is literally "ignores physical and spiritual defenses to cut at an almost metaphysical level". It could theoretically cut through Negacion after all.

I realize it might come off as a bit hypocritical of me to ask this, but you can still have a proper villain that way and still be very, very dangerous.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1134

"Able to" doesn't mean "automatically."

This isn't a case where she can split atoms or cut through dimensions.

She's still gotta be strong enough to cut it, and since she's only the equivalent of one of the Sin Rostra in power, you'd be entirely in your rights to say that, say, the power of Koutarou's soul is enough that even with superhuman strength Shin-Tan isn't strong enough to cut Kamen Rider Rei's armor.

Indestructible is more a byproduct of shin-Tan Ubai being sarah's zanpakuto. Sarah's a Fullbringer first, so the properties of her Fullbring carry over.

Barring a handful of unlikely situations, it's mostly fluff.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Orc in the Playground

Fair enough. Which means at its core, Shin-tan is still linked to Sarah, yes?

There is SOME irony in her objective, to be honest, but to say what it is would spoil the endgame.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1136

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Fair enough. Which means at its core, Shin-tan is still linked to Sarah, yes?

There is SOME irony in her objective, to be honest, but to say what it is would spoil the endgame.
    It's ironic the same way that it's ironic that you can stop someone from being infected with the flu by infecting them with the flu.

But yes, Shin-Tan Ubai is still linked to Sarah.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Orc in the Playground

Not what I meant. I said her objective, not her methods.

But that's all I'll say.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1138

I'm putting the scenes involving Sarah's Soul in Hell in a separate Episode thread running concurrently with the main thread so that we don't clog up the main IC thread with what are basically just a bunch of scenes of a half-mad and feral Sarah fighting NPCS and/or running like well, Hell from the same.

For the record: Unless things go horribly wrong, Sarah will get out of Hell.

But uh, whether she comes out human, Hollow, Shinigami, or something else and what state she's in is up to you all.

(She's basically guaranteed to be much stronger by the end than she is now, but unless we immediately move into fighting Von Geister or whoever the Big Bad is, I doubt she'll be in any state to serve as a combatant.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Will try to work on a reply to stuff tonight. RL is really busy right now.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm giddy that someone has made an abridged parody version of Bleach, but disappointed it doesn't have "Ichigo Pwned" counter.