New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Mariners of the Red Tornado

Baka

Baka will set the watch, giving himself the second watch, and do what he can to liven their spirits, as he had seen others like Chigani do.

((OOC - I'm not sure of the overall roster right now. If it is important, I can set out a list with 4 watches set, excluding Jondalar, Ghedi, and the captain.))

2. - Top - End - #782
    Troll in the Playground

Default Morning Comes

Night passes:

All of you will get a good night's sleep.

Jondalar won't. His night is full of nightmares, he can't remember much because of his tossing and turning, but he knows how he escaped it. He knows how to control the teleport at least!

He held it aloft in his dream, with sight of freedom of the nightmares, and woke up! He need only do that in real life with the sceptre. He feels it must work like teleport, so everyone should link up or stay close.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

Default Uber-Teleport

Basically Jondalar has the power to take everyone anywhere in the world with this thing.

4. - Top - End - #784

PirateGuy

Jondalar

"This is a major artifact, where do we wish to go. This device can take us there." The sorceror will down at the item and wonder if it posseses more abilities.

5. - Top - End - #785

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

"Captain, your vessel has been taken from us, but transportation has been provided. Where shall our next task take us?"

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

Default Allie says to the Elves

Allie looks lost, and pauses for a long time to think, "I know not any leader... not in my empire, that would use that... THING for anything, but themselves. Too many have died for us to turn it over to the Archduchess. It is time.... perhaps we met the elves. And I only know of one... the elves of the North. Unfortunately, I only know the way to the Northern Kingdom, but if you get us there, I will use everything else in my power to find them. Only the elves can protect it properly." She looks desperately to the Aasimar for approval. She looks like the young lost 20-some year old now completely out of her element. "I just want the dying to stop..." Tears fill her eyes, and the bog cook, Olmeric swoops her up into his arms.

Zhako sighs, "We are behind you, Allie. You never lost us."

7. - Top - End - #787

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

Baka looks to the crew watching the scene. "Strike camp and pack for foot travel. We leave this island!" Xu would have enjoyed this day... He turns to go about the business of packing his few things and helping everyone else do the same.

8. - Top - End - #788

PirateGuy

Jondalar

"Elhonna shares your concern Captain, but the darkness would not allow this victory without loss."

the asimar will pack his things and get ready to go.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Troll in the Playground

Default Arrianna

The camp is packed quickly.

Jondalar holds the spectre high, the moment is nigh. All have awaited this moment. Home!

Suddenly, a woman appears. A beautiful woman with dark black hair, and the most gorgeous emerald eyes imaginable. Allie falls on her knees immediately, cowering before the captain. The crew follows suit.

The woman is surrounded by 8 figures in black robes, likely wizards that fly. They are all around the the woman in light blue- blue hemmed robes.

"Princess Arrianna!"

"That's Crown Princess.... but you wouldn't know that, since you've been gone so long..... my seers say you lost our ship. I trust you will know what to do with that. The reward will be great."
    She looks with kind eyes to Jondalar, as if to seduce him. She is very convincing.

All are gathered around Jondalar, though bow before the princess.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2008-09-22 at 04:55 PM.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

Default The Great Northern Kingdom

Captain Allie will yell at Jondalar to take you all away, and she tells Jondalar to think of the Northern Kingdom. Jondalar knows little of the world so he does his best... and when all is clear...

THE NORTHERN KINGDOM:

You all find yourself in a dense redwood forest. Not one of you knows the land, but you feel safe.

It won't be long before a tribe of elven scouts finds you. "Come." Says one, "We will take you to the great druid."

All remaining men from the shipwreck are here, and cheer goes up when the elves are seen. This is all met with some distaste by the stoic elven scouts.

The elves will not be surprised by the sceptre, and insist that Jondalar take it to their druid.

11. - Top - End - #791

PirateGuy

Jondalar

"My lady you are not Elhonna my goddess, nor Captain Allie who my goddess comanded me to to obey."

The Aismar will concentrate and the group will vanish.

"We will meet your Druid, lead on my eleven brothers and may Elhonna's grace fall upon this land again."
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2008-09-23 at 09:37 PM.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

Default Elves of Ehlonna

The elves are pleased by the aasimar's appearance, and see him as a sign of good things to come. Most of the elves here worship Ehlonna, and they treat Jondalar highly on your walk thru the redwoods.

13. - Top - End - #793

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

Seeing the captain and Jondalar take command once again, Baka steps back to the ranks. He is amazed by the mysterious women and the respect that showed her without restraint. Baka mimicked the others out of respect, but was lost as to the meaning of the encounter. However, the confusion is not long-lived as he finds the trees of the elves comforting to be among once again. Not his forest, but familiar none the less. He breaths in the freedom and lets his mind relish in the sounds of natural creation surrounding him once again.

With the walk ahead of them, Baka will ask Ghedi or Olmeric about the Princess that showed herself before their last journey, and if these are the elves that Xu came from.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Troll in the Playground

Default City of the Elves

Princess Serasita is a name they will know and mourn, the lover of Ramose was a princess, and funeral arrangements are made. Xu is known, but born on another plane, Baka will find out from one veteran elf scout: Currently, Xu is helping on a secret mission fighting against forces of Cthulhu.

{Nomad5- Not sure who exactly else?}

From here you will be taken to a great crystal elven city. With skyscrapers and flying machines and wizards everywhere. A few thousand elves lived in this secluded city. The great Northern Helmswood Forest held the secrets of this Great Elfish City. A remnant of the days of yore when elfish cities covered the globe.

It is a spectacular sight, and the Sceptre will be brought to safety in the Epic Halls of the Elven Council.

It is here that the adventure of the Tornado's Mariners ends, but the heroes path need not stop here.

Some time will pass, and you will all live as honored guests, and can retire here if you like. Though Allie and Olmeric will get that hunkering for the Empire soon enough. Within 3 months the Red-Headed Captain will ask the elves to get her passage on a boat back to the empire. Ghedi would also like to return home, he would ask that Baka guard the golden spear until he returned on his personal quest. Apparently, Ghedi felt that Baka would need it more.

The wealth as promised her men is from her own money, but not the in platinum bars. You will all meet her powerful wizard mother, who treats you all as her wards. You will live in luxury, but gain little monetarily. How experience for a lifetime abounds! {+ 15000 gp in new stuff you could've bought }

OOC- All gain a level, and should be 3/4 of the way to the next. Link your PC in the OOC when ready.

OOC2- Though we shall continue, I consider this epic quest completed!

15. - Top - End - #795

PirateGuy

Jondalar

The Aisimar sorceror will spend his time talking of Elhonna with the native and praying to his goddess. he longs to be reunited with his love Gwen but knows she is safe with his goddess. He will approach the travelers and stop.

"Captain, I would go with you on your journey I think my talents would be better put use somewhere else besides paradise. Here is my share of the treasure and I believe that I still owe you a ship as the Red Tornado went down on my watch."

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

Default Time Passing

Allie smiles when offered the coin for a new ship. "No Jondalar. I lost my ship, and I can get another one. Someday I will, and you would be welcome upon it once again."

Time will pass quick, I am thinking that after time here, the Secret Alliance will station you in a remote region. So, the evil forces can forget about you all for a while.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

Default Home for the next year...

OOC- Tell me if you are cool with time passing. I will allow a little personal backstory to pass the time if you'd like. The Elves will recommend that you seek some safety and shelter in a remote region away from the evil priests you may have angered during the quest.

18. - Top - End - #798

PirateGuy

I'm cool with that as long as we stay with Capt Allie. Doing some shopping now.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground

Default Allie will join up

OOC- Okay, Olmeric and Allie will continue on, but the rest of the Mariners will retire or go home.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

A fine ending. I can't wait for an opportunity to re-enter the game.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Troll in the Playground

Default Wrick

OOC- Perhaps Wirck could go along, but I was planning on having Jondalar being the featured arcanist in the next thread. I am considering alternatives for Wrick.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

I trust your discretion.
    Last edited by GNUsNotUnix; 2008-09-27 at 07:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Troll in the Playground

Default To the Future and Olmeric's New Home

Gnusnot- We can take this discussion to the Mariner OOC.

Still waiting on Baka {Nomad}.

Olmeric's Village:

This will be what happens. Allie will eventually buy a boat. The Red Tornado II of course. Olmeric is rich now, and gets the okay to retire. {almost forcefully by Allie} The long-time cook is given a large piece of property, and will become 'chieftain' of a village.

Anyway, Allie will want a send off, and would take Jondalar and Baka with her. Perhaps they have become the naval officer's guardians. Her duties make her a rear admiral in rank at the young age of 25! She obviously has Baka and Jondalar as part of her traveling general-staff. Currently her new ship is in port, and I will get you to a village in the mountains, the new home of Olmeric.

24. - Top - End - #804

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

Baka joined this mission because of the wanderlust that had siezed his soul, and had no plans of returning home soon. He welcomes the rest and, considering the wide horizon and adventure that he has seen under the command of Captain Allie, he welcomes the opportunity to continue.

(Still working on the shopping and character sheet.)

25. - Top - End - #805

PirateGuy

OOC:
    Wrick is coming back !! Alright !! Team sorceror lives on to fight another day. Don't rush on the shopping as it took me a while to find the stuff I was looking for.

Jondalar will continue to serve Captain Allie as his goddess commanded that he do and now his thoughts go to returning to his home plane but he is needed here. He will look out place garbed in light brown monk's, a rich vibrant emerald green cloak while carrying his scroll case and poition carrier. His piercing ice ble eyes taking in everyone around him. He will no be as distant as he once was taking time to update everyone on his background. Jondalar is the son of a human and a hound archon who serves Elhonna, he humbly hopes that the goddess is pleased with his work as he will continue with crew of the Red Tornado. his light brown hair continues to grow long and he talks regularly with his familiar Ayla now. the two share a bond now but he may release her from her duties to return to Elhonna for her to send a more powerful electrical familiar.
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2008-09-28 at 12:10 PM.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Troll in the Playground

Default Kingdom of Kandor

Wrick has plans elsewhere, but he's alive somewhere in the world. Baka will receive this report, and possibly both will have come across each other in the elven crystal city. He is needed elsewhere in the world.

Jondalar will feel at piece in the elven city, and his golden dreams of Ehlonna in the wild lands of the celestial planes are his home. He knows his work is not done here, and he feels that following Allie can help him heal this material plane.

Once all are in Olmeric's new village a report of an invasion of ogres will come... not long after the celebration of the new leader had happened. Great parties to Bacchus and the Arts were performed, and the people learned to love their jovial former royal cook, Olmeric. Much feasting was had.

Allie will insist that Olmeric stay with the village when time is called to go on the mission to see what aid could be provided. No king's army would come to these distant mountain villages where Olmeric called home in the distant kingdom of Kandor.

Allie will set out with Jondalar and Baka, into these foreign hills. A long journey took you here, over a great desert, up mountains, but these remote lands were beautiful.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

Default Report of Rumblings in the Mountains

You will all be with Allie when a young man comes running into Olmeric's village. "Ogres! Ogres! Ogres everywhere!!!" When he calms down you will hear about an attack. In the distance a column of smoke rises from one of the range's villages. The young man, Mierken, is no warrior, but he will guide you to the village. It'll take more than a day, so there is wilderness travel.

Jondalar and Baka
    When you are ready... {and I mean posting here} I will provide a link that will put you straight into the other thread. If you post here soon, you may be able to aid the troubled party already in the downtrodden village.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Troll in the Playground

Default Links

OOC- I'll be linking you all from here, still waiting...

29. - Top - End - #809

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

Baka is quick to pack and eager to return to the wilderness. The song has been heard in the back of his mind after a couple of days in the village. Although the circumstances could be better. While the others get themselves ready, Baka will talk with the young man about the surrounding terrain, trying to get a layout of where they will be headed and how much scouting he can do.

During the journey there, he will continue to talk to the young man about the surrounding areas, both because he loves geography and to keep the man's mind from the village attack. If the conversation does go to the attack, he will try to inquire about the number of attackers and what types of beasts were there.

30. - Top - End - #810

PirateGuy

Jondalar

The sorcerer carries his spear and his scroll case pats against his thigh as he approaches Baka.

"Ready when you are friend. I'm not sure how we are defeat a tribe of Ogres by ourselves and with Olmeric and the Captain but we will have to try. Ican fly overhead for a while and cover us from the air, will you be alright to fight from the ground ?"

He wil extend his arm to allow his hawk to land.