New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Mariners of the Red Tornado

farlgort

farlgort scans all around as he walks up in the trees and along the ground foreward and behind left and right. nearing the temple would be a good place for an ambush, not to mention jungle predators use that tactic. he doesnt want a repeat of the loss of life that happened on the trek in krigala.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Default At the temple!

The path to the temple will be eerie, but nothing attacks you. Baka continued to see a lack of large predatory animals. A few colorful birds, but their melodic voices were quiet.

As dusk arrives, Chigani will point out the looming temple before you above the trees. It is hard to make out, but it is a steep step pyramid, maybe a few hundred feet high.
    "It makes no difference if we go in a night or day... we'll be emersed in darkness soon enough."

These last couple days Chigani has been quiet and introspective. He has been a great listener to anyone that needed it.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Xu

Xu had kept her distance from Chigani throughout the day, but now she responded to his words. "Darkness is not the only thing of importance. It will be time to rest soon enough. Would it be safer to camp outside and enter the temple refreshed, or are we in just as much danger being nearby and should get this over with as quickly as possible?"
    Epic Sorc ~ "You said I could have this spell."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Default Chigani's Choice

Chigani is solemn with Xu, "It is merely dangerous being this close. We can camp if needed. Pushing onward would be my choice. I'd rather not die in my sleep here."
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-08-26 at 06:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

As the group gets closer to the temple, Baka grows more concerned about the signs that he is seeing. Does this evil follow us as we come? There are too many animals leaving a trail of flight as we approach. He spends more time examining the area as much as he can to see if there are any other clues.

When Chigani points out the temple rising above the jungle beyond them, Baka yields to the fate coming to them. He can be heard singing in a low deep voice looking at the temple and then spinning to look at the treetops around them while holding his spear. He will wait for the camping decision to be made looking to Jondalar and the priests. "Are you prepared to enter the temple tonight?"

If more time is needed to prepare, Baka will scout around near their location for a defensible camping location.

When the decision is made to enter the temple, Baka will seek the blessing of a Priest(ess) for the journey forward.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iyapo

"The darkness itself is no threat, it's the effect it causes on those who pass through it. Fear is the enemy." says a man in boys clothing, Iyapo's childish demeanor completely gone.
    Current avatar made by Kpenguin , more cool avatars in my spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

7. - Top - End - #157

Ramose

"I am as ready to go inside as I'll ever be, and I'd rather take my chances sleeping inside than out here" says the white robed priest with the clean shaven head.

Sometime over the last couple days, Ramose takes an opportunity to ask a question. "Lord Chigani, I'm curious...what does 'Asita' mean?"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Wrick

"If the darkness scares ya that much, why don't we travel at night? Best to be alert when things are out to get ya, aye?"

The halfling isn't terribly concerned for the group's safety, but he does seem eager to be done with the jungle as soon as possible. If his voice and face don't betray the sentiment, his well-roughed feet do.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Default The ancient temple stairs

With a near universal consensus, the night course into the pyramid is taken. Everyone pushes on. Chigani chooses two of his men to go back to report of reaching the temple. They will run top speed the whole way, as much as they can. {OOC- No PC was chosen, of course. }

The rest of you go on.

Chigani insists he leads, and will act as solo point as he ascends the stairs of the temple.

As Chigani goes up the temple, he says softly to Ramose, "Asita was the sun, and the name for those who serve it. You are one of its chosen ones. Be careful in here... the evil can sense where the holy divine ones are. They often strike at them first." He nods to Gwen and even Farlgort.
    Chigani seems very proud of Iyapo when he speaks and gives him a firm manly nod.

{OOC- Now would be a good time to get a marching order. }
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-08-28 at 11:19 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160

PirateGuy

Jondalar

Jondalar will look gravely at Chigani " We will be ready."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iyapo

"My sight would be best of use in the front but I'm no fighter" he says

Before entering Iyapo blesses everyone, if no one objects

{OOC: Iyapo will be in front but not in the lead

If no one object Iyapo will bless everyone before and after rest, maximum of roughly 20:ish hours in between}
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Default Opening up top

With Iyapo bravely at his side, Chigani mounts the pyramid and makes his way to an open doorway at the top of it. Chigani pauses before he goes in to enjoy the view of the jungle. He sighs, and after gazing at the low lit dusk scene, he will duck into the dark opening, and enter the temple. Iyapo is next and the rest of you fall in line.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Xu

Xu differs to the Antarians to decide where she ought to be in the marching order. She only asks one last question before entering: mundane light, magic light, or the natural darkness of the place?
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Default Chigani and Light

Chigani smirks, and looks to Ramose."As your people might say... 'Let's light this baby up!' Hehe.. I have no need to fight in darkness."
    Chigani will have someone carry his torch if his is needed.

15. - Top - End - #165

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

While approaching the temple Baka will look for signs of anything that has approached the temple, or worse anything that has left the temple. He will also scan the skies looking for the carrion birds that would forage the area if anything had been happening around the temple.

Baka will gladly accept the blessing Iyapo or anyone else gives in preparation for the entry into the temple. As Chigani takes the lead, Baka maintains a distance behind him while walking up the temple steps, although he is perplexed by the almost ceremony of the moment that Chigani displays.

As he hikes the steps, Baka suggest further order to the approach. "You are brave young Iyapo. We will all rely on your keen eyes up front." Baka looks around the group, noticeably taking inventory of the skills and trying to use his warrior's training to guide him. I have never traveled with so many that knew how to defend themselves so well. Baka motions to Xu, indicating to move forward. "I think we would also be wise to use your instincts to know when evil approaches. I also have experience hunting the undead in these ancient temples, but I will rotate into the rear guard with our two other spearmen and Rikaan after we enter the temple."

Baka looks past Chigani to the top of the temple, "May the gods bless us."
    Last edited by Nomad5; 2007-08-29 at 05:08 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166

PirateCaptain

farlgort

"be careful when entering a temple area if you dont specify which gods you ask for blessings from, you might just get answered by one youd rather not be blessed by."

farlgort follows after the first set of people up front.

17. - Top - End - #167

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

Baka smiles as he listens to Farlgort's comment, his eyes not leaving the temple or surroundings. Idly he comments, "The voice of my elders ring out making me think of my rebellious youth. Why would another god but mine listen to me? My mother never liked me to ask those questions."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Xu

Xu pulls out a magic torch and slips it securely into loops on her pack. She steps up near Iyapo, "Ready."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

19. - Top - End - #169

Ramose

"Yes, let's light this baby up indeed." Ramose shows a smirk as he reaches into his backpack, and his hand re-emerges a moment later holding a glass orb. At first, the center of the orb glows faintly, then it quickly becomes as bright as a torch. "So, how bright do we want it? Just a little, like so?" The priest asks, gesturing toward the orb. "Or shall we all work on our suntans while we're inside?" With that, the orb's light intensifies until it can barely be looked at without blinding oneself. "Or we could have it a bit brighter yet..."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Default Marching Order:

Marching Order into the Temple of Death:
    Chigani, Iyapo
    Xu
    , Antarian warrior #1
    Farlgort, Wrick
    Serasita, Ramose
    Gwen, Jondalar

Antarian warrior #2
    Baka, Rikaan

OOC- Last moment for approval or shifting... I will probably use the approved for standard marching order even later until it is changed, in case their is a surprise I need to spring. I'll be back later on Friday... CA time.}
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-08-31 at 03:45 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Default The Ground is Alive!

The entrance of the pyramid leads to a small chamber with a spiral stair down. It is pitch black, and no markings are on these walls. They have been stripped clean by age and wear. It is simply grey stone.

Chigani leads onward with one of his warriors carrying his torch behind him. It gets dark fast once you reach the large and lower chamber. This chamber has almost no light in it, and at the far side of the chamber was another spiral stair down. Chigani once again boldly leads the party down to the third chamber. According to legend the upper layers were merely larger and larger rooms, until you got to the underground complex. No-one has gone past the crypts in the underground complex, and lived to tell the tale.

Once everyone enters the third floor, as Chigani is nearly about to continue...
    The ground suddenly leaks an awful fleshy substance that fills the entire chamber with its odor. The fleshy rotten aura causes you to make a fortitude save. The fright of it makes you fearful.

Saves:
    All good!
    Xu Immune to Fear/17+8
    Gwen 11+10/15+8
    Rikaan 11+8/11+4
    Iyapo 11+5/18+9
    Chigani

sickened only:
    Ramose 12+9/ 4+5
    Farlgort 19+10/ 4+4
    Antarian #2

frightened only
    Baka 5+3/17+8
    Jondalar 5+6/ 14+5
    Wrick 6+7/ 14+4
    Serasita

sick and frightened
    Antarian #1

Those of you with success on both accounts will feel the ground rise up, and you will be slightly disoriented as the floor moves. The sickened ones collapse, and look VERY ILL {-2 to Con}. The frightened ones are shaken. {-2 on all stuff}

Antarian #1 with the torch is swallowed whole by the fleshy nastiness. The man attempts to scream and is struggling still! It also grabs Farlgort {d:13} and Ramose {d:10}, and begins to pull them down, but they are resisting a little better for now... The damage is acidic, and sharp, as mini teeth try to devour them, and prick their blood.

Gwen, Farlgort, and Ramose will also notice several lesser shadows starting to peep their heads through the walls.

Chigani and Iyapo are near the stair down and could continue. Rikaan and Baka are near the up-stairs and can retreat if needed, the rest will be slowed by the fleshy crap pouring out of the very cracks in the stone. Chigani looks like he intends to save his companion and friend.

Let Mariners 1st Battle Begin!

Initiatives:
    Fleshy Undead mass
    Shadows!
    Rikaan 16+11
    Chigani
    Serasita shaken -2
    Ramose 19+2 SICK -2 Con
    Jondalar 20+0 shaken -2
    Wrick 16+3 shaken -2
    Baka 13+3 shaken -2
    Farlgort 15+1 Sick -2 Con
    Xu 14+1
    Gwen 12+0
    Iyapo 4+4
    2 Antarian warriors {both sick, one being eaten.}

Mariners FIRST BLOOD!?

Combat notes:
    For newbies to my game and oldies: I now allow you to roll online, as long as it is linked or done on the giant forum. If you want I will roll, but please put the PC's current bonus, to hit, damage modifier and/or whatever, on the post with the desired action in the combat round.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-09-01 at 03:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: How high is the room?
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Default Chamber

50x50
    10 feet tall

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Wrick

Wrick, not keen on remaining in place, will grab hold of Ramose and Farlgort as he casts Dimension Door, folding space momentarily as the three of them are transported back to the stairs, behind Rikaan and Baka.

((OOC: Correct me if the spell can't actually accomplish this. As it only has a verbal component, I'm assuming grabbing two others won't be an issue.))

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

Rikaan

Primal instincts of battle kicking in moves before even Wrick can, he unleashes a ball of fire from his spear shooting forth towards the fleshy substance as far as he can to avoid "friendly fire".

Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged touch attack Ranged touch attack roll
    If hit fire damage (if applicable)Fiery Damage (Using "fan the flames" maneuver, maximum range of 30 feet)

26. - Top - End - #176

PirateCaptain

farlgort

farlgort raises his holy symbol on high and intones a verse of scripture

" BEHOLD, for in the dark days before the gods walked among us a plague did descend upon man. Shadows of those whom belonged in deaths domain remained behind tormenting the dying. And death was not amused for this was not they way it was supposed to be. LO, came a light of azure upon the lands and in its center she walked a staff of bluest crystal in her hand. Laid about her with her staff yet its touch was gentle. and whomsoever was touched was cleansed of the plague and wounds were mended, though not all revived for some had passed on to deaths domain. those neither living nor dead were obliterated or injured by her touch. despair not for mishakal walks among us with her staff." (casting bless targeted for maximum coverage of allies)

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Xu

Xu isn't sure what the goo is, but she has a feeling that she can't do anything about it. She grabs the panicking Antarian at her side and begins to pull him toward the lower stairs.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

28. - Top - End - #178

Ramose

So sick that he can barely think, let alone effectively fight off the mass of rotten flesh, Ramose holds the silver ankh that hangs from his neck as he chants. While he prays, Ra's divine power flows through his body, helping to counteract some of the effects of the sickness. His vigor now renewed - partially, at least - he begins to work harder at freeing himself.

{OOC: Ramose burns a turn attempt to use Divine Vigor.}
    Last edited by Toxic Avenger; 2007-09-01 at 03:05 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

Repulsed by the ooze of flesh that has overtaken them, Baka stumbles backwards. Fortunately, being toward the rear of the group he is able to keep his stomach. At first his mind is frozen as he watches his fellow Antarian be overcome. His concentration comes back into focus as he sees Rikaan react to the battle situation. Glancing about him Baka considers moving forward to support Rikaan, but cannot think of anything useful that would help. Seeing the divination of Wrick, he will fall back to defend the position of Wrick and any others that may join him. He will ready his bow to fire at any target of opportunity.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Default Round 1 vs the Undead Flesh

OOC- I like to move the battles along, so keep up. I will usually do conservative 'safe' actions, but often times I do make bad moves that result in 'grave'-states for PCs. I will at least post once a day, and have done a fifty round battle on these boards in much less than a month, so keep up!
    OOC2- I doubt this battle will go THAT long. That was an epic war zone.

Round 1:

Rikaan unleashes fire from his spear, and fries the smelly undead flesh! {d:12 fire} The fire seems to effect the mass fully and it squeals somehow as it sizzles.

Chigani moves alongside Xu and hacks away at the mass of flesh, and causes it some wounds. trying to hack out his friend.

Serasita backs up, and tries to hit the flesh off Ramose, but is only effective in scratching it somewhat.

Ramose pulls out his golden anhk, it shines in holy light {14 HD}, 4 shadows are destroyed, and scream as they disappear from the light; they are sent back to the Abyss. His feet are still entrenched in the fleshy muck. Ramose is pale, and seems to be succumbing to the sickness more...

Jondalar sees an opening near Gwen and launches a lightning bolt into the mess. It electrocutes it a little, but somehow, Jondalar thinks that it was insulated against some of his attack. {d:29 lightning}

Wrick grabs Ramose and Farlgort and dimension doors them to the stairs. They are in the dark spiral stair, and can hear the comabt, but can't see it currently. Though Rikaan and Baka can be seen at the stairs landing.

Baka retreats up the stairs toward Wrick and fires an arrow shot at the mass of flesh covering the floor now. The flesh seems to have fully seeped up from the rocks. {13+3-2 hit d:6} He fires his arrow for minimal effect. There does seem to be a minor damage resistance.

Farlgort will bless all in the stairs {Baka, Wrick, himself, and nearby Baka, Rikaan, and A.W.2}

Xu reaches into the muck cut open by Chigani for the Antarian warrior, she finds the undead flesh eats her skin as she reaches in. {d:8} She can feel it fight her and pull her in as she tries to get out. Xu pulls the unconscious, but alive warrior out of the muck. {grapple 17+9} The Antarian warrior is in her arms, but it took a moment for her to get him out, and she can feel that the ground is moving on her now! Her hand has many tiny bites on it.

Gwen moves to the rear and blasts a concentration of shadows. She destroys five shadows, with her holy light of Ehlonna. {DM action} She can see there are only a few more shadows around.

Iyapo can fly I believe... {this action can be retro'd}

The other Antarian warrior retreats up to Wrick, "We must not abandon the chief!" His accent is very thick.

Most of the shadows fly at Gwen... only one manages to hit her, and she feels as her muscles freeze up a bit, from their icy deathly touch. {-5 Str.}
    A few fly at others, including one that weakens Chigani a bit.

The flesh first goes at Xu, and the elf avoids it cleanly pulling the Antarian man up with her. The warrior looks quite big in her arms.

Rikaan is also attacked. A tendril of sickly flesh reaches up and grabs at him. {grapple 1+6+1 fumble} Rikaan is pulled face first into the muck! {d:7} {Doh! Double fumbled will save!} He is stunned and now engulfed in the muck.

Serasita's holiness is detected, and she is grabbed and also pulled in. Judging by the way she is limp when she is engulfed it is likely she is stunned too! Ramose has not seen this yet.

Ramose and Farlgort feel sicker almost immediately!
    Fort Saves:
    Farlgort 20+4
    Ramose 14+5

They puke and lose control for this round, but will have no other side effects.
    {Ramose and Farlgort can't act for one round, still at -2 Con. Saving was definitely good there,}

Some of the monster's wounds close up a bit. Rikaan can feel the sickness trying to enter him again as he is covered and stunned!

End Round 1--------------------------------------->

Initiatives:
    Fleshy Undead mass
    Shadows!
    Rikaan 16+11 blessed ---STUNNED

Chigani
    Serasita shaken -2 Stunned!

Ramose 19+2 SICK -2 Con blessed
    Jondalar 20+0 shaken -2
    Wrick 16+3 shaken -2 blessed
    Baka 13+3 shaken -2 blessed
    Farlgort 15+1 Sick -2 Con blessed