New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Mariners of the Red Tornado

Farlgort

"Chigani stop and carefully make your way back to us. What do you think jondalar? could there be one hidden amongst this muck?"(refereing to the greyish ooze obviously)
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iyapo

As they descend the stairs, Iyapo takes off his robes. Somehow the wings just cut through the fabric without a mark. The cause of Iyapos itch is clear, white scales line his arms and along his spine. He removes some fleece caught in his scales as he walks down.

As Falgort warns Chigani about danger maybe lurking beneath, Iyapo spreads his wings and takes flight. He flies over the ooze covered floor and tries to discern anything threatening in it.
    Current avatar made by Kpenguin , more cool avatars in my spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

3. - Top - End - #213

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

After the healing, Baka helps Rikaan to his feet and hands him his spear. Baka watches the rest of the group fall into order as Chigani leads down the next stairway. "It is time for us to return to our duty." As he follows the last down the stairwell, he glances back into the last chamber while the stench surrounds him. Again, in his mind, he watches the bodies of his new friends melt away through the floor. Quietly to himself he says, "May Osiris bless your journey."

He continues to scan the area for more shadows that may show up as they descend.
    Last edited by Nomad5; 2007-09-07 at 08:04 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Pixie in the Playground

Rikaan
    Still sickened by the slime Rikaan rises up somewhat healed in wounds but puzzled in his mind. His deep brown eyes settle on Baka as the words sink in and understanding flashes in his eyes. "Thanks for help, your god Osiris? I follow the path of Anpu, son of Osiris old god of the underworld, binder of his body. What are your ancestor's names?" Despite the slime in the room ahead Rikaan seems more focused on Baka, but his ears remain perked to any danger.

5. - Top - End - #215

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

Baka continues to scan the area as he responds quietly to Rikaan, giving him something to focus on rather than the sickness that shows on his face. "My mother is a priestess of Osiris. Her name is Koozime. My father was a warrior of the chieftain's guard. He was Jengali. Koozime was given to him from another tribe before becoming a priestess. I am named for the tribe that both of their tribes came from, the Baka, whose great chieftain was the now revered Djedefra."
    Last edited by Nomad5; 2007-09-08 at 09:39 AM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Default The Golden Spear

Iyapo, Baka, and Farlgort see nothing in the thin layer of slime here.

Chigani calms Farlgort, "Be careful, but we must find the hidden stair. Below us, say the hero's of our past, is the ground floor of the pyramid. No-one, but the old priests ever dare go lower..." He nods to Ramose. "We needn't go further, for the sword we seek lays there. The old King says there was a muck below, a foul swamp, that covers the ground. Only the bravest must search. The rest should stay here by the false crypt or nearby in the stairwell. Know this. Few that have stepped into the foul mucky waters have returned. I shall lead. Young Iyapo, this will not be the time for you to use your swimming skills. You must stay above us. The chamber is 20 feet high there, and you can cover us with this." He hands Iyapo his golden spear. "It is highly magical, and has the power to become what ever material you need it to be. Be careful, for there is a limited number of times you can change its material make-up per day." Maliki looks in reverence as the golden spear is presented to the teen. Chigani then speaks in their native tongue solemnly. "If I should rejoin the Light of Ra this day, you must make sure this spear is returned to my son, after the Red Tornado retrieves the Sceptre." Ra's name is the same in all human languages.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-09-09 at 12:44 AM.

7. - Top - End - #217

PirateCaptain

farlgort

"then we should be at our fullest potential, and i need to rearrange my memorized spells for what is to come. let us rest a bit and ready ourselves first, or we may all fail to leave this temple."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Default Farlgort advises Rest

Chigani nods, "Very well... what do the other priests say?" He looks to Gwen, but mostly Ramose in particular.

9. - Top - End - #219

Ramose

Ramose nods. "I agree, provided we are able to rest here."

EDIT: After a moment, the white-robed priest adds, "And if we do this, it might be well to plan our spell selection together before starting." {OOC: We could do that OOC, of course}

EDIT 2: If the decision is made to rest, Ramose begins chanting and praying. As he does so, he first touches all those who are still sick - himself included, and then anyone else who still looks worse for the wear until he has chosen seven people. "There we go. With luck, that blessing along with some rest should help us get over this sickness."
    Last edited by Toxic Avenger; 2007-09-09 at 02:26 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Default A Night in the Pyramid!

Chigani will acquiesce to the Sun priest's requests, but suggests that you all move upstairs to one of the less smelly, smaller chambers. This sick, sticky room would be nasty to sleep in.

Iyapo will still hold the golden spear.

OOC- Based on past posts this is the order of the Night-watch:
    1st shift:
    Rikaan-d, Xu-u
    2nd Shift:
    Iyapo- d, Maliki-npc - u
    3rd shift
    Chigani- d, Baka- u
    {u- refers to up stairwell; d- refers to down stairwell}

Chigani feels that the 2nd floor is suitable for your needs. Each shift-guard can be posted near both stairways.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-09-09 at 03:57 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221

PirateCaptain

Farlgort

I know what im going to be memorizing and praying for. 1 casting of detect magic, 3 of disrupt undead, 3 of magic missile, 2 of bless, 1 of bless weapon, 4 of the curative orison, and the one special curative spell i have available to me. I also will have 4-8 uses of an energy ray that can be altered to fit our needs or the same number to rip apart the minds of our foes. if that helps you decide what you need to pray for then all will be well.

spell list after rest and memorization:

detect magic
    disrupt undead x3
    magic missle x3 (no i will not attack the darkness)
    cure light wounds (domain spell)
    bless x2
    bless weapon
    cure minor wounds x4

8 power points for psionics

5 uses of turn undead at cleric level of 2

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iyapo

Iyapo takes the goldenspear, he doesn't know what to say. Even after revealing his abilities the people he travels with trust or aren't openly hostile towards him. Little iyapo's world has during these days really gotten bent.

The mentioning of Chigani's death and the return of the spear to his son, Iyapo nods. "I will"

Puzzled he flies up with the others to the upper chamber
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Once the party settles in for rest it isn't long before the chilling touch of death emerges from the lower region and grab at Rikaan! This is during Xu and Rikaan's watch.

He IS able to call out alarm and wake everyone, but feels the touch of a couple greater Shadows! Everyone can begin to wake up. Heavy armor is off, but I do allow medium armor to be worn, but only for a night or two without minuses.

Rikaan is drained of strength and weakened. {-7 Str} The shadows then wtihdraw back into the stone, but those religious ones can tell they are still there.

Note: All of the sick are recovered, so everyone is at full Con.

Initiatives:
    Greater Shadows
    Xu 20+1
    Wrick 14+3
    Rikaan 6+11
    Ramose 15+2
    Iyapo 12+4
    Gwen 13+0
    Chigani
    Jondalar 8+0
    Farlgort 6+1
    Baka 3+3
    Maliki

14. - Top - End - #224

PirateCaptain

Farlgort

farlgort will attempt to turn undead

Spoiler
    Show
    turn attempt - (1d20-2)[3]
    turn effect - (2d6)[9]

(i love my rolling ability lol 9 hd worth of undead turned at no greater than 1 hd each)
    Last edited by androgial; 2007-09-09 at 09:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Wrick

Not fully rested and not yet alert enough for strategy, Wrick defaults to magic missiles, attempting to fend off the shadows at least until the others can act.

16. - Top - End - #226

Ramose

Ramose manages to clear his mind rather quickly, and he holds his ankh and glowing orb toward the shadows while he prays.

Spoiler
    Show
    Turning Check - (1d20+4)[6]
    Turning Damage - (2d6+9)[17]

{OOC: Blarg, the d20 didn't come through for Ramose. 17 total HD, but at no more than 5 HD each.}
    Last edited by Toxic Avenger; 2007-09-10 at 12:53 AM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Xu

Xu took her assigned watch, moving quietly to the stairwell, and spreading a bag of caltrops a little more densely than normal across one of the upper stairs. She sat at the bottom letting her torch shine a few rays of light, just enough for her keen elven eyes to see by.

Rikaan's shout drew her eyes to him and she saw the fleeting whisps of the shadows. "Everyone to the center!" Her call was mostly for Rikaan, but being away from the walls would force the creatures to attack from the floor alone, or leave them more vulnerable by flying through entire room. She moved to the center, sword drawn. "Here, away from the walls."

Xu focused on the evil around them. It was difficult to pick out anything more evil than anything else in the forsaken temple, but she still tried. If she could warn whomever was closest, they might have a better chance to dodge or attack when the shadows re-emerged.
    Epic Sorc ~ "You said I could have this spell."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iyapo

Iyapo had trouble resting, it was his first night sleeping with wings. It took a long while for him to make it comfortable.

Then he heard Rikaan, in an instant he was up and with a few powerfull wing beats he was in the air. His eyes scanned for the shadows but didn't find any. Above the center group he keeps his breath at the tip of his tongue, waiting to unleash it.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: Fly over the middle group
    Standard: Ready to breath on any enemy within 15 ft.
    Slow Entangling breath: (3d6)[7] /2, those damaged are entangled((1d4)[2] and slowed(2). Ref DC 19 for half damage, Fort for halving slow
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Default Rikaan's Death!

OOC- I wanted more to post, but I guess I need to do some DM actions.

Retro- Rikaan will receive a retro action, apparently he can... Fire shoots forth from his spear {?) as he is attacked {d:10}

Xu does her best to tell everyone to stay away from the walls, but the second highest floor in the pyramid was only so big. She canready herself and move closer to aid Rikaan.

Wrick barely moves and spots just enough of the partial concelaed shadow in the wall. He pelts this one hard with 4 magic missiles. {d:14} He tried to hit the shadow damaged by Rikaan's fire.

Rikaan's {DM action} spear is alive with flame and he jabs with difficulty at the injured shadow. {14+8 d:12 +6 fire} The monster still lives!

Ramose fails to drive the greater shadows away with his rushed turn attempt.

Iyapo spread his white wings and flies over Rikaan. Iyapo will have to land quick, after his attack for there is not much room to maneuver here. He releases his breath over the shadows... {more on this... can the breath entangle incorporeal creatures?}

Gwen stands and shines her light, to turn undead, and manages to make one go away, and retreat into the stone.

Chigani jumps to Rikaan's side and finishes the most injured shadow.

Jondalar aids with magic missiles, but his seem to do less adamge to another shadow. {d: 9}

Farlgort's turn attempt fails as well.

Baka will get up, arm himself and move closer to the action.

Maliki moves in behind Baka.

End Round 1------------------------------>

OOC- Bad stuff when double criticals happen to PCs....

The shadows reach out quickly from the cover of the stone and drain Rikaan of all the strength he had in him. He dies on the spot, quite negative in strength. Gwen, Ramose, and Farlgort know there is a danger of him becoming a shadow now!

Initiatives:
    Greater Shadows
    Xu 20+1
    Wrick 14+3
    Rikaan 6+11
    slain by the Greater Shadows
    Ramose 15+2
    Iyapo 12+4
    Gwen 13+0
    Chigani
    Jondalar 8+0
    Farlgort 6+1
    Baka 3+3
    Maliki

20. - Top - End - #230

PirateCaptain

Farlgort

"if youve got it bless his body fast"

farlgort does what he can and attempts another turning

Spoiler
    Show

turn effect - (1d20-2)[3]
    turn damage - (2d6)[8]

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Wrick

Waste no time, only spells.

Wrick follows with another wave of magic missiles, concentrating on one shadow at a time.

22. - Top - End - #232

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

Baka moves into the group keeping a loose spacing to be able to fight. Spinning from side to side to maintain his view, since these damned things can come up through the floor, he strikes at the first one he sees.

[rollv=Hit]1d20+4[/rollv] (+2 Str, +1 Weapon, +1 Bless)
    [rollv=Dmg]1d8+7[/rollv] (+2 Str, +1 Weapon, +4 Undead)

{OOC1 - rpgwebprofiler down. I think I got bonuses right}
    {OOC2 - Sorry for no post. Was out for 2 days w/out web.}
    Last edited by Nomad5; 2007-09-11 at 10:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka
    {OOC - Arg. Retry the rolls}

Hit - (1d20+4)[13](17)
    (+2 Str, +1 Weapon, +1 Bless)
    Dmg - (1d8+7)[5](12)
    (+2 Str, +1 Weapon, +4 Undead)

---------------------
    {The hit should have an additional +5 Base I forgot about.}
    Last edited by Nomad5; 2007-09-12 at 01:00 AM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iyapo

Iyapo continues his attack run and breathes fire on the Shadows. He keeps moving to maintain altitude.
    Another one down, the king didn't exaggerate the dangers

------
    (OOC: It's the breath that entangles, if they are affected by it, they are entangled)
    Spoiler
    Show

Entangling breath: (3d6)[8] /2, those caught in last turns breath (1d6)[3], this breath lasts (1d4)[3] turns, DC 19 refl. half damage
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Xu

There was no way for Xu to get closer to the fight in the small room, so she pulled a small wooden charm on a flimsy leather cord from around her neck and held it high. "Aid us against the darkness." She didn't raise her voice and there was no light show to accompany the spell. It was only a slight help, but every little bit helps.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casts Bless +1 attack and saves against fear for 3 minutes. Funny side note: Xu is immune to her own spell.
    Epic Sorc ~ "You said I could have this spell."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Default The Night Passes! Rikaan mourned

Xu blesses everyone with the graces of Corellon Larethian. This will destroy the rising shadow within Rikaan's body and gives his soul a restful sleep.

Wrick can only see part of one shadow and he pelts it with four magic missiles. {d:15}

Ramose, Gwen, and Farlgort combine their holiness in one Greater Turning attempt. {DM's roleplaying Gwen has her suggest it to Ramose and Farlgort.} This holy act doesn't destroy this shadow, but does drive it away.

Combat Ends----------------------------->

Chigani rushes to the fallen Rikaan, and looks at the warrior's body. "Let us at least take this brave one back.... too many bodies have been taken here without proper ceremony."

OOC- The rest of the night will pass without problem only spooky noises and near false alarms. You thought you see a shadow.
    Needless to say, it is not a restful night in the pyramid, but many of you get what passes for sleep in the military. The spellcasters can recover and all turnings are recharged!

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iyapo

Iyapo blesses those still alive and his wings vanish into his body with no trace of their presence untill a moment later when they grow back.

"So no swimming in the water" he confirms
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Default The water below

Chigani nods, "Something evil lurks in it, and inadvertently guards the lost sword. I am told it should be over our knees. Wrick may consider flying too if he can."

29. - Top - End - #239

PirateGuy

"Chigani, Wrick is not our only flier I can cast that spell as well and a few others can conjure wings." Jondalar will smile in the dark temple room. "Let me know what you need and I wil try my best to assist you."
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2007-09-13 at 11:06 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Default Ready to go on down

As the morning's breakfast ends the group readies to continue down. Chigani looks to Jondalar, "Yes, my celestial friend. It would be wise to fly if you can, but someone will have to dig in the muck."