New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Mariners of the Red Tornado

farlgort

" Why does this keep sounding more and more like a disaster waiting to pounce?"

farlgort readies himself for action.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Default Chigani ready to go!

Chigani assures Farlgort with a hollow voice, "Because it is." He is tired, as if he was a man who's seen a hundred lifetimes, but he is definitely ready to move on.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-09-14 at 01:34 AM.

3. - Top - End - #243

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

Baka helps prepare Rikaan's body for transport. "May the dog god accept you and find you a place of honor." Folding his arms in place, Baka will bind up the body with as much respect as he can given the circumstances. As he works, he hums a song he heard during his childhood that the priests sing during their preparation of the dead, although he does not sing any words because he does not know them. "This is the best I can do friend."

Baka looks up from his work and finds Jondalar and Wrick and nods to himself thinking that Wrick is likely the most pragmatic among them. "We should distribute what is important from his pack around. Considering what we have already seen, we will likely need every advantage to leave this place." He then returns to his work of preparing Rikaan's body.

In the morning, he listens to the talk of strategy. "I can join you in the chamber below and search for the sword or depending on the size of the chamber, I can provide some cover from the entrance with my bow as long as Ramose can provide the light. I think it would be better if I were to help Chigani search for this artifact."
    Last edited by Nomad5; 2007-09-14 at 07:47 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iyapo

Iyapo didn't really need to prepare anything except blessing the survivors. As he blessed the last he stopped and small bone spines grew along his back with skin between like a back fin.

"I'm not taking any chances" he says to Chigani and waits for him to lead the way
    Current avatar made by Kpenguin , more cool avatars in my spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Wrick

"Right. Won't be doin' 'em any good, now."

I never thought dealing with fallen allies would become so routine . . . of course, here I am, standing next to Farlgort.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Default Rikaan's Useful Items and Marching back into the Pyramid's Depths

Chigani respects Baka's burial, and agrees that the items should be used, though some should be returned to family after the mission was over.

Rikaan's Magic Items:
    +1 spear with evocation
    +1 Ring of Prot
    Ring of Sustenence
    Amulet of Natural Armor +1
    Potion of Invis
    potion: hide anmal x3
    potion: CLW x3
    {OOC- Many temples mark their potion bottles, for selling purposes, especially in a classy place like Antaria. Iyapo and Baka could read the labels in Antarian.}

Chigani promotes Maliki to be the bearer of Rikaan's body. He didn't trust leaving it behind in this foul place.

Chigani likes this plan of Baka, and commands Maliki to do the same with his short bow. Maliki will lay the body in the stairs, do not let it fall in the water and muck, he will then cover those looking for the sword.

Chigani looks to Xu, "I will lead with you. I am honored to have served with Corellon's champion."

DM suggested and adapted order, back down into the Pyramid:
    Chigani, Xu
    Iyapo, Ramose
    Wrick, Farlgort
    Jondalar, Maliki-npc {carrying Rikaan}
    Baka, Gwen

7. - Top - End - #247

Ramose

As Ramose gets up from his rest, one might see that he is now wearing Serasita's signet ring, tied to a string and hung around his neck. He offers to help Baka with preparing Rikaan's body, and agrees about using his items. Also, he believes that they should go back to his family if anyone survives to bring them.

"As for strategy, I think we should pull out all the stops as far as our magic goes. Just before we go down, I plan on using all of my longer-term spells. I'll put up a Magic Circle to protect us from the Evil below, shielding magic on those leading the charge..." Ramose nods toward both Chigani and Xu. "...and a few other protective prayers." The priest looks to the other spellcasters. "If anyone has magic detection prepared, it might be good to have it active when we go down. I plan on doing so as well; it might help us locate the artifact more quickly. And since there's supposed to be water and muck down there, I've asked Lord Ra for a special miracle today. Hopefully it will help us as well."

"Jondalar, that strengthening magic of yours might also be good for our front-liners, if you think you can spare it. And if anyone plans on having a free hand, I'll need someone to carry this..." He holds up the glowing orb, which is now shining as bright as daylight. "...because I'll be needing both of my hands for this..." He pulls his khopesh out from his backpack. Somehow, though the weapon is twice as long as the pack, it had been completely hidden inside. "...or Rikaan's spear, if no one else was thinking of using it..."
    Last edited by Toxic Avenger; 2007-09-15 at 02:00 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Xu

The elf makes no comment in response to Chigani's except to nod and take the place she is bidden.
    Epic Sorc ~ "You said I could have this spell."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Wrick

"I'll take the light; I don't think I'll be usin' my spear to much effect, anyway."

Wrick ties his modest, halfling-sized shortspear to his back, then casts detect magic and mage armor for himself. His eyes illuminated with arcana and his body protected by force, Wrick offers a further service,

"Actually, if ya like, I can cast a light on anything else we've got. Might make sense, what with all the shadows creepin' 'round."

10. - Top - End - #250

PirateGuy

Joindalar

"the magic fades quickly and doesn't last for hours, I will need to know in advance and I can assist all of our front line. I will do what I can will spells."

Jondalar has no need for the items but will await to seee if they are divied out equally.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Default Beneath the False Crypt

Chigani is content that the party is ready to continue, and leads you all back down into the larger chambers of the pyramid.

When Ramose passes the room that Serasita died in he can only shutter, as he feels her.... but as a spooky, silent, invisible force only.

The sticky, thinly coated chamber with the false crypt is reached without further conflict. Chigani slowly approaches the false crypt, and mutters, "The Old Ones said there was latch that could be released... somewhere..."

He looks on the other side of the crypt, against the wall, and sees something which he moves, and then, with a large strength effort moves the whole stone crypt out of the way. Beneath it is a narrow spiral stair. You will have to go single-file.

Chigani waves you all forward and takes a deep breath. "Now it gets dangerous."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iyapo

Iyapo follows third as Chigani had expressed his wish that Xu would be second.

Getting dangerous... As it wasn't dangerous allready
    he thought
    Current avatar made by Kpenguin , more cool avatars in my spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

13. - Top - End - #253

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

While Maliki carries Rikaan's body, Baka will carry his possessions and take up his station at the rear of the group. As they approach the lower chambers he readies his bow and double checks his arrows that they are loose and can be easily grabbed.

14. - Top - End - #254

PirateCaptain

Farlgort

just before the group goes down single file farlgort once more blesses the party, then casts detect magic.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Default Something Lurks Below!

The hidden stair beneath the false crypt goes deep into the earth, below the surface level of the pyramid's base. The sticky walls and air were cold here, and frost was on all of your breath.

The bottom of the stair greets you with a cold stale stench that gags all of you and all of you are forced to check yourself or become shaken beyond belief.

OOC- It will be important to post the full bonuses your PC has. I will do retros, though 1's are hard to get out of...

{Two saves!}
    Will:
    Farlgort 14+10
    Iyapo 15+5
    Gwen 6+10
    Xu Immune
    Chigani
    Maliki

failed: {-2 shaken and mentally tormented}
    Jondalar 4+6
    Wrick 1+7 auto fail
    Ramose 1+9 auto fail {double fumble on mentally scarring bit...}
    Baka 1- auto fail... {Need to redo PC sheet I believe... rpgprofiler down}

Fort:
    Iyapo 20+9
    Jondalar 20+5
    Ramose 18+5
    Wrick 18+4
    Xu 9+8
    Chigani

Failed: {-2 to Con}
    Farlgort 10+4
    Gwen 5+8
    Baka 5-
    Maliki

Jondalar, Ramose, Wrick, and Baka feel as if the abyss itself passed through their thoughts. The torment in their mind terrifies them.... all of you feel it, but can control your human fear. {Minus Xu who is immune to this evil effect, but even the hair on her arm now stands fully on end. That little hair the hidden elf has. } This place scars the their thoughts. Jondalar is aware of the evil that the multiverse carries and can try to comprehend it, but the other 3 are mentally scarred from the full awareness of the evil. Wrick, a plane-traveller, has never seen thoughts like this ever, in all his time away from his former shire, like the darkness that forced its way into his mind. Ramose feels the torment of Serasita's death and can only blame himself. Baka knows how unnatural this all is and he knows his mind will never be the same. {OOC- These three will receive future PMs... I have special insanity rules. Only SOME are curable.}

Farlgort, Gwen, Baka, and Maliki are sickened. And this round they throw-up their breakfast. This feeling is very similiar to when you fought the undead flesh yesterday. The four cannot act this round. But, can recover enough to at least perform actions next round.

{OOC- Note certain spells of Ramose may prevent some of this, but prepare for combat!}

Down at the foot of the stairs lurks an evil beast. You can't see in the magical darkness below, but you can feel its presence before you here it swishing in the unseen water below. Chigani peers into the darkness below, "Can anyone dispel the darkness. THAT is the guardian. We must hurry and find the sword, for Death itself lurks here."

Initiatives:
    Baka 17+? {sick -2 con} {shaken -2 and mentally scarred}
    Xu 16+1
    Jondalar 16+0 {ony shaken -2}
    Gwen 15+0 {sick -2 con}
    Iyapo 7+4
    Ramose 9+2 {shaken -2 and mentally scarred}
    Maliki {sick -2 con}
    Chigani
    Farlgort 7+1 {sick -2 con}
    Wrick 4+3 {shaken -2 and mentally scarred}

16. - Top - End - #256

Ramose

Retro:

"Yes, I'll cast a light spell as well, perhaps on my shield." Ramose says to Wrick as he points at the buckler worn on his left forearm. He then hands his glowing orb to the halfling. "Here you go. If you need to change the brightness of the light, just think about it and it should happen."

Answering Jondalar, the priest says, "Most of my protection spells last only a few minutes as well, but I won't have time to cast them all once the battle is joined. Just before we head down the last set of stairs might be the best time to do so."

Just before the party leaves their resting spot, Ramose casts several spells. "Those should last for about an hour." He says. Just before heading down the hidden stairs, he casts several more. "These will only last for a few minutes. We'd better hurry."

{OOC: I'll get caught up sometime later today.}

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Default Quick update!

OOC- Still waiting for the others, but I wanted to put up the changes that Ramose's spell made. It wasn't much to change with the slew of 1s that were rolled. However, FARLGORT won't get sick, and that helps him a lot.

Initiatives:
    Xu 16+1
    Jondalar 16+0 {ony shaken -2}
    Gwen 15+0 {sick -2 con}
    Iyapo 7+4
    Maliki {sick -2 con}
    Chigani
    Farlgort 7+1

18. - Top - End - #258

Ramose

Trying as hard as he can to push the evil presence out of his mind, Ramose answers Chigani as he takes another glowing orb from his backpack. "If these can't counteract the darkness, then I have nothing else that can."

Once he can see the water, Ramose begins to chant and pray to Ra.

{OOC: Glowing Orb is a 4th level spell with the Light descriptor; hopefully it can counteract the darkness. Once Ramose can see the water, he'll cast Control Water in an attempt to lower it.}

19. - Top - End - #259

PirateCaptain

Farlgort

ac13
    hp37/37

farlgort scans the water for traces of the holy aura of the sword they seek.
    (detect magic was activated before decent)

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Wrick

Dread creeps through Wrick's veins, saturating him with fear from the tips of his fingers to the core of his heart. The bold signature of his movement and expression has vanished, and, somewhere in the back of his mind, a feeling echoes.

Remembering Ramose's words, Wrick thinks intently on brightening the orb.

(( OOC: I'm assuming this item is a standard action to use. If not, Wrick will cast fireball, and I'll retro this post.))

21. - Top - End - #261

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

Baka, at the rear of the group, momentarily freezes and tries to cry out except that his instincts hold the wind from escaping his mouth. He grips his longbow tightly and tries to find a stable point of reality to grab onto. Ironically (at least he thought) this point ends up being the limp and pale form of Rikaan being carried in front of him by Maliki.

A tear falls from his eye. Is it grief? fear? relief? I don't know. My fears of the unnatural confirmed beyond my recognition. Osiris, I did not know of such a burden existing. Focusing on Rikaan, he remembers his commitment to Chigani and searches for a target to release his fear and anger onto.
    Last edited by Nomad5; 2007-09-17 at 10:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Default Pool of Decaying Muck

Baka pukes...

Xu steps down the stairs to near the frightening beast below. She feels no fear, but the effect of it is in the air. If it weren't so dire, Xu might think she could pluck it up and put the feeling in her pocket it was so heavy in here. Her bare, thin arms' tiny hairs stand on end. She reaches the bottom of the stair, but is not quite in the room. The water goes partially up the steps, and to enter the room, Xu will have to wade up to her thighs. {DM action} She can sense something swiming about 20 feet out in the small pool of water. Xu would compare the consistency of the 'water' to deep mud. The 'mud' smelled of long rotten flesh. Chigani yells down the stairs as follows. "It is in the muck! The sword is in the muck!"

Jondalar remains in the back, frightened, and only comforted by Gwen's presence.-DM action

Gwen almost pukes on the feet of nearby Jondalar

Iyapo {PM'd action} opens his wings and jumps down the stair, zipping over Xu's head into the room, and in the darkness he can some sort of long snake-like mass moving, that could probably swallow a pony. The room is roughly 20 feet high with columns to avoid, but it was definitely bigger than Iyapo's vision could tell him. He will be able to attack the evil beast directly!

Ramose can move along with the others going down, even though he is shaken. He can be behind Xu, and see the nasty muck. He could lower it some, but it would be only so much, for it would spread out over the area.
    {OOC- I will allow him to do this. It will aid somewhat in the search, and perhaps provide a minor hinderance to the creature who calls the muck home.}

Maliki is adding to the pile of puke.

Chigani bounds past Xu and steps into the muck! He will be 10 feet from the monster in the pool of muck.

Farlgort also moves down scanning the water-muck as he goes down beside Xu. The whole area is magic, especially the pool! The pools magic overshadows all magic in the region. This sword will be extremely difficult to find!

Wrick holds the orb brightening the effect if needed, and moves in the center of the group. The pukers are still behind him, with Jondalar.

End Round 1------------------------------------->

Initiatives:
    Xu 16+1
    Jondalar 16+0 {only shaken -2}
    Gwen 15+0 {sick -2 con}
    Iyapo 7+4
    Maliki {sick -2 con}
    Chigani
    Farlgort 7+1

23. - Top - End - #263

PirateCaptain

farlgort

"oh great the mucky water is magical. anyone got a dispel handy?"

farlgort moves next to chigani ready to fire of an energy ray at the beast

24. - Top - End - #264

Ramose

Following Xu toward the hideous beast, Ramose stops for a moment to read something engraved into one of his bracers, and he begins chanting once again in an effort to suppress the all-too-fresh memory of Serasita's grisly death. The chanting also has another effect other than to help clear his mind. Divine power from Ra radiates from around him, urging all of the priest's friends to greater deeds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ramose casts Recitation. All allies in a 60' radius burst, centered on himself, gain a +2 luck bonus to AC, attack rolls, and saves. For all who worship Ra, the bonus is +3 instead of +2. (That should help counter the effects of being shaken just a bit )

Movement Rate 40
    AC 25 (28 after spell is cast)
    HP 80
    Saves +7/+6/+11 (+12 vs. fear, or higher yet if near Xu)
    +10/+9/+14 (+15 vs. fear, or higher yet if near Xu) after the spell is cast

EDIT: Saves edited to reflect the fact that Ramose is shaken.
    Last edited by Toxic Avenger; 2007-09-19 at 09:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

Baka raises up from his stooped position and wipes his mouth. He notches an arrow, and takes aim at the monster. "Will it burn? Can it be cleansed?" He looses the shot.

{OOC - Magical Beast? Undead?}

Baka leans against the wall while preparing to notch another arrow and spits fresh bile from his mouth. "Burn all of it."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Default Eh?

OOC- I WILL put up a post tomorrow if no-one else posts.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Default Round 2 vs the Dark Worm!

{Round 2 begins.... }

Baka can tell only that this is an abberation! {5+12} His arrow shot bounces off the thick, sickly balck-grey wormish skin.

Xu wades into the muck to battle the monster near Chigani. She is ineffective with her attack.

Jondalar sees Gwen is okay, and moves to the bottom of the stairs to see what aid he can provide.

Gwen gathers the sick, and pushes them on. She wants to keep everyone together, but she guards the rear.

Iyapo flies out over the evil aberrant worm and blasts his strange warm breath. The slow effect has no effect.

Regardless if you follow the sun, Ramose's recitation inspires you all to greatness, and adds some light to the gloom of this pyramid.

Maliki readies himself alongside Jondalar, and gives them a nod.

Chigani battles the beast with his blade. Chigani causes serious damage to the worm monster, but seems to only make two slashes in it. "Find the sword!" He screams to Jondalar and Maliki at the base of the stairs.

Farlgort stands at the edge of the pool of muck ready with his energy ray.

Wrick pops it with 4 magic missiles! {d:14}

Chigani is bitten hard as the monster visciously attacks the Chieftain and nearly bites him in half!

Almost instinctively the tale wraps around Xu and pulls her under the muck! She lives, but struggles and is hurt by a large evil black worm.

End Round 2---------------------------------------------------->
    OOC- Things are going to get dangerous....

Initiatives:
    Xu 16+1
    Jondalar 16+0 {only shaken -2}
    Gwen 15+0 {sick -2 con}
    Iyapo 7+4
    Maliki {sick -2 con}
    Chigani
    Dark Worm
    Farlgort 7+1

28. - Top - End - #268

PirateGuy

Jondalar

the aisimar sorceror will cast scorching ray at the great mound of flesh from the bottom of the Stairs.

to hit 1d20+4=21

damage 4d6=12, 4d6=14

29. - Top - End - #269

PirateCaptain

Farlgort

farlgort fires a bluish white beam of energy at the worm

energy ray(electricity) 2 power points spent

hit - (1d20+6)[23](includes recitation)
    damage - (2d6)[4]

ac 16 (dodge, recitation, bless)
    hp 37/37

30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Wrick

Wrick will cast Scorching Ray at the beast, piercing the air (and hopefully his foe) with flame.

((2 rays at 4d6, Ranged touch +6, counting the -2 for being shaken))