New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Drowlbearwolf I: The Scimitar-Chuck

Also, an important note for next time: if the Drider has a secret win-con to get us to Bane them, it might be better to make them useful enough to be worth baning. I'm not sure that even if the Necromancer was alive the entire game would we have considered using a bane to protect the Drider, since we were figuring out roles quickly anyway, and the Necromancer didn't need to be networked to revive us.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #422
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    I was not trying to put myself out there to save Lex. All of my vote miscounts were genuine. The reason I gave for my day 1 vote switch was actually true.
    huh. Guess I was just lucky enough to get killed by the polymorphed drowlbearwolf

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

The reason I said something about Lex was because the masons knew who she was and went and lynched her anyway, so she responded to that by giving us all her money and asking us to kill them. Shadow in particular iirc.

There's a whole lot of "what ifs" we could say about this game. I'm hoping next time around Xihirli opts away from mechanics that have to do with when people input actions. It's not really fair for people who have less time and it wound up making the last day of the game kind of stressful/wasted a lot of my time since I saw just sitting around refreshing the page every few minutes for about an hour of my life.

Still in the end, a lot of weird stuff and interesting stuff happened and I enjoyed the game a lot. It's just a shame more people didn't have individual goals and there wasn't a strong enough incentive to go after them over team victory. Maybe some sort of in-game reward for completing them that might make up for shooting your own team in the foot/going to a bunch of trouble to accomplish something weird?

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Also, an important note for next time: if the Drider has a secret win-con to get us to Bane them, it might be better to make them useful enough to be worth baning. I'm not sure that even if the Necromancer was alive the entire game would we have considered using a bane to protect the Drider, since we were figuring out roles quickly anyway, and the Necromancer didn't need to be networked to revive us.
    Necromancer needed to betray you and get baned by the masons.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #425
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I can't say it annoyed me this game (since it was in my favor), but it would definitely have irked me something fierce if I'd been town this game.
    Eggel called it, honestly. This is the second time I've been the Alpha Wolf, and I did the same damn thing I did last time, point for point. Still, at least people suspected me by the end.
    Might have irked. something. fierce. This feels a tad mildly put.

I didn't want to chuck you right away. In the other game, I had my fool scries to back me up, but here I didn't have any conclusive evidence, only a gut feeling. Still, good job AvatarVecna.

I think it was cool how there were unique win cons, but I think there should be more of them (for each player) in the next reincarnation.

What exactly did the Counterfeiter and Mercenary do?

Great game, can't wait for Drowlbearwolf II: blindfooled.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Colossus in the Playground

As the Mercenary, I could protect someone at night (bane someone). If you ever tried to Scimitar-Chuck someone and failed...hi! That was me. I also (as Xihirli's narrative suggests) had a Beast effect, had I been lynched (which is why I started mustache-twirling so much at the end; the drowlbearwolves could yet have won by simply having town kill me before they killed all the actual drowlbearwolves, and my win condition said nothing about surviving after I had 1000 money). If I hypothetically had any other powers, Xihirli would hypothetically have asked me not to share them.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Mercenary could bane. Counterfeiter trolled the Mercenary.
    Or would have, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    As the Mercenary, I could protect someone at night (bane someone). If you ever tried to Scimitar-Chuck someone and failed...hi! That was me. I also (as Xihirli's narrative suggests) had a Beast effect, had I been lynched (which is why I started mustache-twirling so much at the end; the drowlbearwolves could yet have won by simply having town kill me before they killed all the actual drowlbearwolves, and my win condition said nothing about surviving after I had 1000 money). If I hypothetically had any other powers, Xihirli would hypothetically have asked me not to share them.
    Because a bunch of known drowlbearwolves bussing someone without voting for them is NEVER suspicious.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

8. - Top - End - #428
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah, the masons did try to save the Counterfeiter--by telling the Mercenary "she's telling the truth, she really is a neutral role which creates fake money." I'm still not sure why they expected a reaction other than the, "She WHAT? KILL IT WITH FIRE!" one they got.

You tempt me, Xihirli.
    Last edited by Kish; 2016-10-23 at 11:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    Why didn't Elena get any pressure for subbing in after being (even a blind) drowlbearwolf?
    No clue. Seriously, I was expecting at least a little pressure about "hey, your old role was a wolf and now you're subbing in, clearly your new role is also a wolf" and I was hoping Xihirli would confirm that I never connected with the wolves as a Necromancer, and then... nothing. Oh well, no complaints.

(Also, I found it very amusing that I went from one disconnected wolf role to another, even if Pelican connected with the wolves before I took the role.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    TThere's a whole lot of "what ifs" we could say about this game. I'm hoping next time around Xihirli opts away from mechanics that have to do with when people input actions. It's not really fair for people who have less time and it wound up making the last day of the game kind of stressful/wasted a lot of my time since I saw just sitting around refreshing the page every few minutes for about an hour of my life.
    Are you referring to the "order of night actions determines priority" mechanic? I see your point (it's also presumably unfair to people who live in a time zone where they will be working/sleeping/away from internet at the end of day). I'm curious, what are other mechanics for games with a lot of possible night actions?
    Incidentally, I don't think the "order of night actions" mechanic is entirely unique to this game, in that I remember it was used in AvatarVecna's Murder at the Academy game (which IIRC was one of Xihirli's first games here, which probably explains why she thought it was the usual mechanic. Actually, I didn't realize it was that unusual either).
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    No clue. Seriously, I was expecting at least a little pressure about "hey, your old role was a wolf and now you're subbing in, clearly your new role is also a wolf" and I was hoping Xihirli would confirm that I never connected with the wolves as a Necromancer, and then... nothing. Oh well, no complaints.

(Also, I found it very amusing that I went from one disconnected wolf role to another, even if Pelican connected with the wolves before I took the role.)

Are you referring to the "order of night actions determines priority" mechanic? I see your point (it's also presumably unfair to people who live in a time zone where they will be working/sleeping/away from internet at the end of day). I'm curious, what are other mechanics for games with a lot of possible night actions?
    Incidentally, I don't think the "order of night actions" mechanic is entirely unique to this game, in that I remember it was used in AvatarVecna's Murder at the Academy game (which IIRC was one of Xihirli's first games here, which probably explains why she thought it was the usual mechanic. Actually, I didn't realize it was that unusual either).
    Sort of. In the Shadowrun WW game I briefly ran, I used an Initiative system to determine the order people acted in; the order wasn't determined by when people posted their actions in the QT, but by whoever the initiative system said got lucky that night. The system I used in Murder Academy was a little more complex, but IIRC you're right, I did things in a "first come first served" order in that game. Incidentally, that's one of the things I'm going to be fixing in my upcoming reboot of that game "Murder At Hogwarts". One of the reasons I did the "first come first served" thing in Academy was that it seemed necessary at the time to make the target-switching powers work the way I intended them to work. This time around, there's going to be a hierarchy to powers, which will allow role-switching powers to activate before anything else, and then banes, and then kills, with other powers mixed in throughout depending on how those go.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2016-10-24 at 12:33 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, typically it's just a hierarchy of powers. X power goes before Y goes before Z, etc. Normally that'd be power affecting powers having going first, then banes, then kills, then scries and such things. Scries going after kills doesn't usually come up (like it would have in this game) but... when it can, kills should probably go first to prevent Day 1 wolves do a super unlikely thing and kill the seer and still wind up with the seer scrying then and announcing it and getting them lynched.

Also worth noting sometimes it's not a direct hierarchy. I've often used mechanics where a kill interrupts anything it would succeed at killing if it wouldn't be meddled with by power effecting powers or banes. So you might have a power that picks two targets and switches who of them every other power effects that night cut off by a third party with a kill power killing the person using that power. But it the person with that power had selected themselves as one of the targets, their power would go first and the kill would wind up redirected to the other person they targeted with the switch power.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

...oh hey, I left myself a note.

Lex-Kat

For what it's worth, I'm sorry for my part in your death. I voted for you in an attempt to possibly stir you to act, when we hadn't heard from you in so long, and provided reasoning, but I wasn't expecting the wagon to take off so rapidly. With my plans for how to play this game, I was unfortunately unable to just stay off your wagon D3, it would look suspicious of an active townie like myself. Your role looked fun, and I wish we could've played with you longer, even if it ended up losing the game for us. Xihirli came up with a lot of interesting mechanics for this game, and the counterfeiter was among the most inspiring of them.

Sorry.

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #433
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Yeah, the masons did try to save the Counterfeiter--by telling the Mercenary "she's telling the truth, she really is a neutral role which creates fake money." I'm still not sure why they expected a reaction other than the, "She WHAT? KILL IT WITH FIRE!" one they got.
    We I didn't. I just hoped that you could think that the drowbearwolfs were backstabing you.
    And my original-plan was way more entertaining, but i dropped it early in the game:
    Step 1. Become a graverober. Check
    Step 2. Give all my money to the Manson-hidden treasure. Allready left the path.
    Step 3. Xi should set my public-money-amount to 0.
    Step 4. I claim that a hidden role stole my money.
    Step 5. ...
    Step 6. Profit

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Planning for Drowlbearwolf II: Blindfooled coming up February or March.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #435
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Planning for Drowlbearwolf II: Blindfooled coming up February or March.
    Drowlbearwolf II: Blindfooled
    now 50% more original do not steel - steel doesn't taste good

Meet the Town: Out to kill the 'old Town'
    The Mercenary King
    As the new leader of the newly founded tribe of the drowbearwolfs, he(she?) set his ultimate goale: Money! And not any Money, nooooo, real GOLD-Money. And the only way to do this is by folding 2000 Paperhats. Out of the holy book of the hidden Dr.Dr. Drizz'tstein.

The Drider and his Son
    They need to build a "giant backwards spiderweb out of cinnamon coated sugar to live on". Somehow, they forgot in a sugar-flash who of them is who and one even lost his scrying-powers.

The Cult of the Decoy
    They exist to hide the King. But while knowing each other, they managed to forget wo the real king was. Their prayers to the AvatarDecoy didn't work, but they managed to get enogth power to find the king by scrying one person a night.

Genere Savvy Drowbearwolf
    "This is all to familiar. I should better get a knive."

Freshly Converted
    "Hi, i am Bob. I amhere to vote to kill all of the old town"

Meet the Wolfs old Town: Hunting drowbearwolfs
    Dr.Dr. McGuffin
    Dr.Dr. Drizz'tsteins new name. By gaining a other doctor-title, he learned the art of scrying.

Kevin
    Not even being a acutal character in the old town, he is now the replacement of Igor. And kinda forgotable, not even a drider can remember who the hek he was.

Sir. Noun
    The easy to confuse, more or less generic guy. Wearer of the chuckers swords and the legendary blindfool. Not able to stop the dowbearwolfs earlyer, she(he?) decided to cut open whoever trys to kill him(her?). As blindfooled person, they aren't able to be the 'last survivor'.

Not the fool, the seer
    He knows everything. The number was genderless.

Coward
    Ex-Member of the new town, who hided from the drowbearwolfs as they falled in. He starts seperated from the old town, but if they sucessfully contact them, they get a extra kill this night.

Silent_Lex-enna:
    By the dark magic of the dead necromancers powers and the priests wish for venegance, they once lives again. Against their will, but who cares about the money count? Able to revive the dead, they plan to kill everything that lives. If they managed to correctly predeterm the nigthkill(at the day before) or the lynch(in the night before) more ofthen than remaining living 'new' town, they can slaugther them and use the new bodys to slaugther the 'old town'.
    Doesn't actully revive. Stores undead in a interdimensional pocket untill needed.
    Let's pain the town white, yes, not paint, pain!

I did it! I created a pice of useless spam! Fear me!
    FEAR ME!
    Last edited by Generic-Guy; 2016-10-24 at 02:14 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436

I have been fused with them. We shall... DESTROY ALL OF YOU.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry.
    Apology accepted.

And now I offer my own. I apologize for how I overreacted. I guess I was looking forward to the double-dealing more than I had realized, and then it was all taken away. I was not gracious or nice in my defeat, and for that, I truly apologize.

Just to be clear, I'm not going to stop anyone from playing any of the games I narrate (not that I've been doing much of that recently, anyway.).

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

And that's the greatest gift of all.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439

And that's the greatest gift of all.
    What? Somebody else got pancakes, and I didn't?
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Show

20. - Top - End - #440
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Also: I was the source of the graffiti. Old memes forever.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

So, was I the Seer or the Fool? I scried AvatarVecna as a drow. Makes sence, as Avatar was the alpha. I scried Silent Interim as a drow, which was true. I scried GAAD as neutral.. which was NOt true... I was the Fool, wasn't I? Muska was the Seer.
    Last edited by Sniccups; 2016-10-26 at 04:41 PM.
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

You were the Seer (not the Fool, the Seer).
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

That is the worst response. :P

24. - Top - End - #444
    Dwarf in the Playground

[REDACTED]
    The Voice can't be silenced!
    Last edited by Generic-Guy; 2016-10-29 at 03:15 AM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you!
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2016-10-29 at 04:56 PM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Dwarf in the Playground

Any opposition to showing the drowlbearwolf QT?

Or any other QTs for that matter?

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Sharing is caring. Both of which are not things the drowlbearwolves are interested in doing.

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #448

Sharing is caring. Both of which are not things the drowlbearwolves are interested in doing.
    But are they opposed to them?

Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

But are they opposed to them?
    Yes we are.

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

Any players with QTs are welcome to share them. I will not be releasing them.
    Show