New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Drowlbearwolf I: The Scimitar-Chuck

See! Now wasn't that better than lynching me? You got the Beast! Yeah sure, Tanar took Bobb down with him. But eh, them's the brakes.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    See! Now wasn't that better than lynching me? You got the Beast! Yeah sure, Tanar took Bobb down with him. But eh, them's the brakes.
    Polymorphed Drowlbearwolf.
    I took out the other half of the original name just for you and you're not even using the final product.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

NIGHT B HAS ENDED

- - - Updated - - -

"I'm looting this corpse FOR SCIENCE!" Dr. Drizz'tstein declared, taking all of Bobb's money.
    "Excuse me," an armored stranger muttered.
    "Is this corpse taken?"
    The good doctor nodded.
    "Phooey."
    "Is this corpse taken?" a Lolth-nun asked.
    "Yes! There are other corpses, you know!"
    No one attempted to loot Tanar_Aerdoth's body.
    No one attempted to loot Murska's body.

"And I summon you, Polymorphed Drowlbearwolf, from the depths of the-" Elenna began from the comfort of her own home. Then someone broke the door down.
    "Hello? May I-"
    "SCIMITAR-CHUCKS, YO!"

Flat_footed, a good friend of Tanar, could not believe that his friend had been a Polymorphed Drowlbearwolf. In an attempt to save his friend from grave robbers and looters, he guarded the corpse all night long.
    "Our oldest member shall be buried in the proper way," Alpha uttered from behind Flat_footed.
    A claw. Blood from the throat.
    Screaming and then silence.

Also someone buried Bobb. The wolves buried Tanar.

Spoiler: Results
    Show

Elenna died in the night, covered in wounds from a Scimitar-chuck. She was the necromancer.
    Flat_footed died in the night. He was a drow who killed Bobb's father. Bobb's win-condition included outlasting Flat_footed. That ended up not happening.

Spoiler: Player List
    Show
    Player Role Death Money
    Murska Seer Pecked to death in the night. 50
    Lex-Kat 50
    Bobb Drow Killed by the Polymorphed Drowlbearwolf 50 0
    Indarra 50
    flat_footed Drow Killed in the night by the Drowlbearwolves. 50 40
    Ramsus 50 60
    Generic-Guy 50
    Elenna Necromancer Scimitar-chucked to death N2 50
    Pelican 50
    Thematthew 50
    norman250 50
    Tanar Aerdoth Polymorphed Drowlbearwolf Torn apart with A LOT of needles (lynched D2) 50 0
    Duck999 50 40
    Black Socks 50
    Eggel 50
    Silent_Interrim 50
    Kish 50
    ImperatorV 50
    Sniccups 50
    GAAD 50
    Fleeing Coward Drow Disemboweled (lynched D1) 50 0
    Shadow11615 50

BEGIN DAY 2+1

Note: There will be a hurricane in my area over the next few days. Day 2+1 will keep going until I stop it.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2016-10-18 at 04:33 PM.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Colossus in the Playground

Well. Let me say that I believe Lex-Kat is indeed the Neutral Moneychanger. I also believe a drowlbearwolf just stuck his neck way out (far enough to get it cut off, in fact) for her, which means that she should be treated as a technically-neutral but wolf-aligned power role, and lynched with the speed and enthusiasm normally reserved for the Devil.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Well. Let me say that I believe Lex-Kat is indeed the Neutral Moneychanger. I also believe a drowlbearwolf just stuck his neck way out (far enough to get it cut off, in fact) for her, which means that she should be treated as a technically-neutral but wolf-aligned power role, and lynched with the speed and enthusiasm normally reserved for the Devil.
    Until someone refutes this idea, I'm totally on board. Lex-Kat.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Well, that explains why my night action never got a response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Lex-Kat has been acting very, very suspiciously. I have nothing to say about her that hasn't already been said.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

And count me in for Lex-Kat as well.
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah...the stuff before was suspicious, but ultimately, not super-suspicious on its own--there was a possibility, however slight, that Lex was just off her game, and other people were accidentally making her seem more suspicious by their actions inadvertently appearing to trying to distract people from Lex. But between the Beast sacrificing themselves for Lex, and Lex promising all her money to the freaking Necromancer, there isn't really another option at this point.

Lex-Kat

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Correction, someone did loot Tanar. That person was successful, as their action was sent in before FF's. WAY before, actually. Why I missed it.

Promptness helps.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Lex-Kat wagon has good reasoning behind it, and we don't have any other evidence at the moment.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Pixie in the Playground

As Lex-Kat is soon to be lynched, and not for a bad reason, here is some info. Lex-Kat is the Counterfeiter, who can create fake gold. Dr. Drizz'tstein (the wizard) is hiding in town. If town wins, and the wizard is alive, the plot is recycled. . We have means of identifying whether or not a person is the wizard (but can have interference). We have contact with both neutrals. Lex-Kat does not know what the other neutral does. Both neutrals are trying to earn money (As far as we know, 1000 for the other role, idk for Lex-Kat). As far as we know, no transactions between Lex-Kat and anyone has happened (though truth is not guaranteed). Other neutral name not known. Other neutral should be kept alive. 1 gold costs 40 money, and has nothing to do with anything as far as I know. I am a mason. There is a reason I am claiming, and this was agreed among us to be for a good cause. Also, please donate to the town treasury. I, personally, have no opinion on this line of voting. Update on info soon(er or later).
    "Don't worry, Thief. My intellect has thought of everything. Even the things it hasn't considered. Especially those things, in fact."-Red Mage, 477
    Last edited by Shadow11615; 2016-10-06 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Flavor Text

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Removed for now for bad math.

Would you mind elaborating how masons built such a network with seer being dead?
    Last edited by norman250; 2016-10-06 at 02:39 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

A 100% unanimous vote seems bad to me because anyone can hide in the wagon and that will tell us nothing.

I'm going to poke Generic-Guy for this:

Quote Originally Posted by Generic-Guy View Post
    Pssst!
    ('' )
    ( '')
    "If you vote Tanar, you could get a 50% chance to survive."
    ('' )
    ( '')
    !
    ('')
    "You didn't read anything..."
    I don't understand how this could be silly, and the only way I can read it is as either a night-kill threat or a "I have a network that can rig the votes" threat.
    Maybe it's just silliness, and indeed it would have to be to be posted here and not in a private message, but it just seems... not at all innocent to me.
    Reaching, I know. But GG has seemed suspicious to me all game. He's pretty much the only person roleplaying (?) and that strikes me as intentionally trying to throw off reads.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

I'll join Indarra in voting for Generic-Guy for more pressure.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to say both Lex-kat and Generic-Guy seem suspicious. Generic for his wolf-like comment, though I don't really see a wolf doing that. I also don't see a townie doing that, so...
    Lex-kat seems like an evil aligned neutral, so let's look at generic tomorrow some more.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

May I claim now?

I am on the side of the DROW.
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

18. - Top - End - #258
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sniccups View Post
    May I claim now?

I am on the side of the DROW.
    You know, it was going to be so easy for me to just decide to vote for Lex Kat and fulfill my duty as a town citizen but now there's someone who openly said they're drow? Why must you make life so difficult?

Three thoughts: Neutral that wins when lynched, actual drow claiming, or a (slightly overused by this point) joke. Either way, I'd still want to kill you.
    Sniccups

Disregard this entire post. Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by Eggel; 2016-10-06 at 05:42 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259

Psst. Eggel. Drow are town. Drowlbearwolves are wolves. Unless you mean to say you want to kill everyone who is town (i.e., you are claiming drowlbearwolf), you might want to redo that.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Psst. Eggel. Drow are town. Drowlbearwolves are wolves. Unless you mean to say you want to kill everyone who is town (i.e., you are claiming drowlbearwolf), you might want to redo that.
    WHOOPS
    This is the most embarassing moment I've ever had playing WW.
    Lex Kat it is.
    Gosh I feel silly.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Pixie in the Playground

The neutrals were in contact since day 1. Xihirli conneted us with separate quicktopics for each neutral, as Lex-Kat was supposed to be able to be used to cheat the other neutral. The other neutral's vote/loyalty could be bought at 950 gold, but we have held off so far. We did not receive any contact with Murska.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry I missed the last day phase, I haven't had a lot of free time, but I've skimmed the thread and I'm ready to play, at least for the time being. All I have to say right now is how the heck is everyone not voting to lynch Kish? Let's look at why this is a good idea.

I had no particular preference for who died, as I didn't know which of them might be a drowlbearwolf. I didn't find FC or Lex-Kat particularly wolfy or nonwolfy. I switched because it would have been a three-way tie if I hadn't and then someone completely random would have died, which struck me as something to avoid. Nothing more, nothing less.
    First red flag is a simple meta thing, but last game when we were wolves together, Kish's first day meta was to vote to break the tie because he didn't care who died because why would a wolf care which of two villagers gets lynched? As long as it's not another wolf, you're golden. Wrapping it up in the excuse of breaking a tie makes it look pro-town, but it's not. Still, this could just be Kish's thing, wolf or no wolf. I almost always vote the same way day 1 so that my day 1 can't be used against me, so this could be null.

But then:

At least one person apparently thinks I've gotten stuck to Lex-Kat, so her, not because I think she's any more or less likely to be a drowlbearwolf than most people here, but because it was never my intention to save her particularly. Also, I'm definitely town if I'm part of killing her and she turns out to be a mason. If you find this mystifying, don't worry about it, it's a previous forum werewolf game in-joke.
    How does a villager think like this? A villager votes for someone because they think that person is a wolf, not because they don't want to appear connected to that person. Period. Only a wolf ever has reason to think like this. The thing that gives me pause is that it's so barefaced that it's hard to believe a wolf would be so careless.

I'm staying on Lex-Kat because it seems all but certain that, if I switch away from her yet again and she turns out to be a wolf (or wolf-aligned neutral?), that will be read by a nonzero number of other people as indicative of me being a wolf.

I hope this does not lead to someone thinking I am trying to protect Tanar Aerdoth.

You start a counterwagon to protect your wolf partner in one game, and people never let you live it down.
    Again, why is the motivation for the vote "I don't want people to think I'm a wolf" not "I want to lynch a wolf." By definition, town's goal is to lynch wolves, and the wolves goal is to have people not think they're a wolf. eone who thKish's vote today is the same thing: voting for someone they explicitly believe is not a Drowlbearwolf. If Kish is really town and they're thinking like this, they need to change their attitude fast.

I would think maybe this is indicative of neutral; not trying to lead the lynch or bland in particularly, but not trying to lynch wolves. Literally playing neutrally and not picking a side (and it would show that he learned from flat_footed's mistake in the last game) But the fact that he is going after a neutral today makes me doubt that. The only remaining conclusion is that Kish is a blatant wolf, laughing at us all.

Please swing things to Kish. Ok thanks.
    Carthago Delenda Est

23. - Top - End - #263
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Some drow (like Bobb) had secondary win-cons, like outlasting others. Could be that Kish is playing it safe until the person they have to outlast bites it.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Pixie in the Playground

I guess it's possible, but they would still want to lynch wolves if they were town. And if they happens to accidentally lynch the person they need to outlive, well, townies make mistakes. But overall I would expect at least some effort to lynch the drowlbearwolves.

(off topic but I've been trying to remember to use the neutral they; just wondering if you have preferred pronouns, Kish?)
    Last edited by Pelican; 2016-10-06 at 11:06 PM.
    Carthago Delenda Est

25. - Top - End - #265

I don't have to outlive anyone. When I suspect someone is a wolf (or a neutral helping the wolves) I vote for them and say why (as I did at the beginning of this day). It seems you argue for me, if I have no suspicion, to not vote at all, since my vote can only be largely random then. The last person who tried to make the case that my Day Two vote for Lex-Kat was wolfy was a wolf who was trying to protect her, so now I'm slightly suspicious of Pelican (though only slightly, because this is way too blatantly copying something the just-dead wolf did for me to think another wolf would try it so fast, and I know Pelican's a good enough player that I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me...).

For pronouns, he/him, she/her, or they/them are all fine.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Am I a drow, like I recently claimed? Am I a drowlbearwolf?
    You don't know that!

Voting for Lex-Kat for the third day in a row.

Edit: Disregard any of my claims.
    Last edited by Sniccups; 2016-10-07 at 09:11 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'm going to go with sniccups, since he's seemed a little too razor focused on Lex so far and because claiming "being on the side of the drow" is a less meaningful claim than claiming to be a villager.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

END DAY THREE

The town gathered around some graffiti painted in the town square.
    "What's it say?"
    "All your drow village are belong to us. We're in ur village killing ur drow. AND HIS NAME IS DROWLBEARWOLF CENA!!!!!!" someone answered.
    "Drowlbearwolf Cena? My... only... weakness..." a drow decided.
    "How did you read that with a blindfold on?"
    "Please don't kill me," a pink fairy requested.
    "No."

"There's no such thing as fairies," a drow uttered, executing her.
    Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Lex-Kat was lynched. She was the Counterfeiter, one of the neutral roles. Also, Pelican will be replaced by Elenna.

Spoiler: Player List
    Show
    Player Role Death Money
    Murska Seer Pecked to death in the night. 50
    Lex-Kat Counterfeiter They didn't believe in her (lynched D3) 50
    Bobb Drow Killed by the Polymorphed Drowlbearwolf 50 0
    Indarra 50
    flat_footed Drow Killed in the night by the Drowlbearwolves. 50 40
    Ramsus 50 60
    Generic-Guy 50
    Elenna Necromancer Scimitar-chucked to death N2 50
    Pellenacan 50
    Thematthew 50
    norman250 50
    Tanar Aerdoth Polymorphed Drowlbearwolf Torn apart with A LOT of needles (lynched D2) 50 0
    Duck999 50 40
    Black Socks 50
    Eggel 50
    Silent_Interrim 50
    Kish 50
    ImperatorV 50
    Sniccups 50
    GAAD 50
    Fleeing Coward Drow Disemboweled (lynched D1) 50 0
    Shadow11615 50

Begin Night 3
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2016-10-08 at 09:20 PM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Technical difficulties.
    Night actions will receive a 24 hour extension.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground

Your Notes are full. Xihirli, how should i send my nightaction in?