New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

"Thanks for the help! Later!"

Tyson collects the items and places them in his bag as the group leaves the Pokemart.

"Yeah, I think I'm set." He smiles contently as he follows the other two trainers.

"Viridian Forest should be fun. Wonder what we'll run into... Maybe a wild Lucille?" he laughs. "How long do you guys think it'll take to make it through?"

He keeps his eyes open for anything that stands out on the walk back to the Pokemon Center.

Spoiler: Sight beyond Sight!
    Show

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ken, Cassandra, and Tyson:

Between wandering around town and chatting with the Pokemart clerk, some time has passed on your way back to the Pokemon Center, night will fall soon.

In the dying light of the sun, you observe the following on the way back to the pokemon center

Spoiler: Party:
    Show

You pass back through the park where Tyson rescued the Tyrogue. One of the creatures, maybe even the same specimen from before, is attacking a tree, it methodically circles the defenseless plant, striking it with vicious punches and kicks. Roosting nearby, a Pidgey and spearow can be seen perched on an unoccupied swingset.

a short time later, closer to the center, two ratatta sprint out of an alleyway, biting and snapping at each other and chasing a rotten apple core that bounces and skitters ahead of their struggle.

Spoiler: Ken:
    Show

You see a brown something or other with a large white noggin digging through a trash can down an alley, it almost looks like a charmander, but no tail flame.

Spoiler: Tyson:
    Show

As you pass by the same park you encountered the tyrogue, you hear snoring coming from a nearby tree, at the base of the tree is a cardboard box, but the snoring is coming up from the branches. You can't make out the creature, but dangling from the leaves, barely visible in the dying light, you see a yellow tail with a brown stripe and a 3 clawed yellow arm that, presumably, belongs to the same creature as the tail.

you pass by an alleyway, and you hear a wet splattering sound from within, a coherent, ambulatory puddle of sludge is slapping a psuedopod against the side of the building.

You hear a metallic scraping from above, there! on a power pole, a metallic sphere with what looks like magnets sticking out the sides is scraping against the transformer, every so often the transformer shudders and pops and a small bolt of electricity arcs out to a screw-like protrusion on the sphere.

Open all other spoilers
    PS: okay, now I'm trolling you.

Spoiler: Cassandra:
    Show

There's a noise from a nearby alley, and a pokeball rolls out onto the sidewalk, it curves and comes to a rest against a no-parking sign.

looking into the alley, a small, vaguely humanoid pokemon with pink stripes and carrying what looks like a railway tie is battering a dumpster.

A Seedot seems to be egging it on.

open all other spoilers

Malleable Time Activated
    Once you arrive at the Pokemon Center

Night has fallen, but there is still enough light pollution to see by... well, at least out in the streets, the alleyways and parks have become inky black pits, like the artist forgot to color them in.

a purple sphere a little larger than a basketball is floating around the pokemon center plaza.

Once Inside...

The interior is practically deserted, the same two nurses and pokemon are on duty at the front desk, but the waiting area and vid-phone kiosks off to the left are empty, there seem to be some people in the Hostel area though.

Spoiler: Wonky Time
    Show

OOC: barring any encounters you want to engage in, narrate yourself into the building, you are now frozen in time until the timeline can realign with Lysandra, as you are now approximately 5-7 hours ahead of her.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Uh, oh, ok," Lysandra manages to say before Elliott meanders off for his own business.

Feeling a little put on the spot, Lysandra makes a beeline to the nurse's desk.

"Um...hi?" she interrupted quietly, "I'm here to see if you could check this little fella out. Make sure she's alright and all."

She pulls out a pokeball and pops it open on the desk where Cheshette yawns and looks around curiously, interest piqued the starkly different environment from before.

Spoiler: time is a flat circle
    Show
    Sorry! Trying to catch up *beats clock harder*
    Last edited by Falconette; 2017-01-18 at 07:12 PM.

4. - Top - End - #334

AssassinGuy

"I'm going to get a closer look down here real quick. Weird there should be a flame if that's what I hope it is...." Ken's thought trails off as he walks towards the trash can in the alley, pulling out his pokedex to register the Pokemon and get a closer look at it.

"Hey there little guy, or girl, you hungry?" Ken will hold out some Pokemon food in his hand from his pouch and give a piece to Zippo to show that it's actually food.

Spoiler: Rolls!
    Show

Pokemon Edu for "Who's that Pokemon?!": 16
    http://orokos.com/roll/476643
    PokePsychology to interact with it: 15
    http://orokos.com/roll/476644

5. - Top - End - #335

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Roguewolf View Post
    "I'm going to get a closer look down here real quick. Weird there should be a flame if that's what I hope it is...." Ken's thought trails off as he walks towards the trash can in the alley, pulling out his pokedex to register the Pokemon and get a closer look at it.
    "Yeah, no problem." Tyson says as he watches Ken toward the alley. "I'm actually gonna head over to the park. Looks like that Pikachu's still here."

As moves quickly across the grass and as close to the tree as possible without making noise. Kasumi rides quietly on his shoulders. He tries to get a better look at the sleeping pokemon from the ground.

Spoiler: Stealth
    Show
    18 (Spent 1 AP to boost)

http://orokos.com/roll/476653

He readies Jet's pokeball in his hand.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    [B]Ken, Cassandra, and Tyson:
    Show

There's a noise from a nearby alley, and a pokeball rolls out onto the sidewalk, it curves and comes to a rest against a no-parking sign.

looking into the alley, a small, vaguely humanoid pokemon with pink stripes and carrying what looks like a railway tie is battering a dumpster.

A Seedot seems to be egging it on.

open all other spoilers

Hmmm... that's kinda weird.

Cassandra goes and picks up the pokeball that came to rest against the sign. She'll check to see if there's anything in it.

Pokemon Education for the alley: 12

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Lysandra
    Show

OOC: You're fine, I have a plan I'm relatively pleased with in place to put the timelines back together and give you another opportunity to join up. You're stuck until the party wraps up their catch encounters, so take as much time as you like interacting with people in the pokemon center (if you feel that would be in keeping with Lysandra's character). Otherwise, we'll get your purrloin checked out and get the group caught up to you/you caught up to the group in no time...
    *ahem*

The pink-haired nurse stops typing and looks at you with a bright smile. "Hi! Welcome to the Viridian City Pokemon Center!" Her eyes widen at the condition of your purrloin. But she reaches out and scratches it behind the ears. "Well aren't you the most adorable ragged thing we've seen today?" she says sweetly.

"Where did you find her? I've seen enough recently-caught-strays to know the look." She pulls Cheshette's lip back and looks at her yellow, but otherwise healthy teeth.

"A full check up and healing could take a few hours, but I'm not seeing anything obviously wrong."

Spoiler: Ken
    Show

Now that you're closer to it, you realize what the pokemon is even as your pokedex chimes out it's blurb of information.

Originally Posted by Pokedex
    Cubone, sometimes called the Lonely Pokemon, due to it's habitual nature of caring only for itself.
    Pokesychology - you can cash in your Sad Panda buff on this creature, it is obviously neglected. You also gain a + 3 on charm rolls against this cubone for the duration of the scene. You have raised the disposition of the Cubone.

Between your offer of food and your pokedex's chime, you've definitely acquired the Cubone's attention. It hops down from the trash can and takes up a grimy bone with gristle still clinging too it. It smashes the trash can over, denting it badly. The cubone chitters to itself and then waddles towards you, almost cheerfully.

Spoiler: Tyson
    Show

The snoring doesn't change in rhythm or pitch as you approach the tree. You still can't make out more of the creature, it's hidden in the leaves, in fact, if it wern't for the snoring and dangling limbs, it'd be totally concealed.

OOC: The Target is Vulnerable for your first action.

Spoiler: Cassandra
    Show

as you reach to fiddle with the ball, two angry eyes open up on the red side and the ball begins to buzz angrily. ZZZZZZZZZZZZAP!!!

Cassandra takes 16 Special Electric Damage!

the pokeball leaps from your hand and lands on the ground, growing rapidly to the size of an angry metal beach ball!
    OOC: you have initative.

8. - Top - End - #338

AssassinGuy

When the Cubone reaches Ken, he will continue to give it food and talk to it. "Bet you're really hungry." Ken will sit down beside it. "This should fill you up some!" Ken will pay Zippo's head and then smile at the Cubone.

"I'm Ken and this is my buddy Zippo. Would you like to travel with us? I promise more food."

OOC: Cashing in Sad Panda

PokePsychology: 10
    http://orokos.com/roll/476685

9. - Top - End - #339

NinjaGuy

"Alright Kasumi, let's finish this quickly." he says in a whisper to the Froakie. "Start off with a bubble!"

The blue frog leaps off of Tyson's shoulders into the tree and fires a large bubble at the sleeping pokemon.

Spoiler: Bubble
    Show
    To Hit: 0 after AC 2 which matches 0 due to the pokemon being vulnerable!? Perfect timing right?

http://orokos.com/roll/476684

Damage: 22

http://orokos.com/roll/476687
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-18 at 09:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

OOC: Fun Fact everybody! Vulnerable does not do what I thought it did...
    I thought the next hit on a vulnerable target was treated as a crit.
    apparently it just removes all evasion
    1 exp to the person who finds the thing that does what I thought vulnerable did.

Show

The Cubone waddles to you and swipes the food from your hands. It seems pleased with the idea of a continual supply of non-dumpster supplied food... it chitters contentedly and sits down next to you.

Show

Kasumi disappears into the leafy growth, a cascade of bubbles erupts from the trees. Kasumi reappears, landing in a perfect three point stance. There's an angry rustling in the trees, a branch snaps. Then there's a sudden rush of displaced air

there's a pop to your left, and you turn and see a yellow and brown, loosely humanoid pokemon with a large felid noggin, brown torso, bulky shoulders, gangly yellow clawed limbs, and a thick tail with a brown stripe at the end.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"Owwww," Cassandra says, shaking her hand. It was tingling like she was getting pricked by a thousand needles. "I'm sorry I picked you up, but that was uncalled for."

She tosses out Reks' pokeball. "Take this thing out!"

Reks Initiative: 9

The Nidoran rushes forward and stabs at the Voltorb with his horn, but the pokemon rolls out of the way before he can connect.

Spoiler: Rolls and Such
    Show
    Reks uses a Struggle Attack!
    To Hit: 3

I hope this thing doesn't hurt Reks, she thinks. In her sight, the Nidoran begins to glow slightly.

OOC: Activating Sage for 6 DR

12. - Top - End - #342

NinjaGuy

"...huh?" Tyson is struck with genuine confusion as the pokemon materializes before him.

"I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you're not a Pikachu." He pulls out his pokedex and registers the creature.

"Sorry for waking you up, it was an honest mistake!" Looking to Kasumi he continues, "We should probably get going. We've bothered this pokemon enough for today."
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-18 at 10:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #343

AssassinGuy

Ken takes out a basic pokeball and taps the Cubone with it. "Alrighty here we go!" Ken smiles at the Cubone.

Spoiler: Capture?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Show

The sphere buzzes and sparks, electricity crackling around it. It glares at Reks, almost daring the Poison type to try again.

OOC: Enemy Pokemon uses ???
    Enemy Pokemon's Special Defense Rose!

Reks has initiative

Show

The pokemon hisses at you in displeasure, flings it's sodden tail at you, flicking you with water, and then disappears.

Show

The Cubone and it's grimy club disapear into the ball. It vibrates slightly before it clicks shut.

Spoiler: CUBONE WAS CAUGHT
    Show

Level 2, Male, Naughty Nature, Battle Armor Ability, Held Item: Gristle-Club - Bone Club and Bonemerang Poison the target on a natural 20

Last edited by big teej; 2017-01-18 at 10:22 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"Try to hit it again Reks," Cassandra says.

As she concentrates, the Nidroran glows in her sight once again. Am I the one that's doing that?

OOC: Sage activates for 6 DR

Reks rushes the sphere again.

Spoiler: Rolls and Such
    Show
    Reks uses Struggle!
    To Hit: 6.. AC 4, so maybe it'll hit.
    Damage: 27 minus Defense

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Cassandra
    Show

The pokemon screeches in rage and pain as Rek's attacks it. Rek is zapped by the pokemon, its pent up electricity arcing around his body, making him spasm and convulse.

The pokemon shrinks down and begins rolling away at speed. still sputtering electricity

OOC: Pokemon activates Static, Reks is Paralyzed! Pokemon flees!

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

The Nidoran hisses as the sphere as it rolls away, sparks arcing between his spines.

"You did a great job Reks," Cassandra says, returning him. She'd get him taken care of once again at the Pokemon Center when they got there.

OOC: Cassandra will now wait for the boys

18. - Top - End - #348

NinjaGuy

Tyson blinks in cartoon like fashion and wipes the water from his face. "Yeah... I probably deserved that." He looks to Kasumi who shakes the water from herself in an almost dog-like manner. He looses a lighthearted laugh, "Nice landing by the way."

After picking up Kasumi and pocketing Jet's pokeball, Tyson walks across the park back to rejoin his friends.

"Keep training!" he calls out to the Tyrogue, waving in it's direction.

Tyson will pulls out his pokedex and begins to look over pokedex entries as he waits for the others to return. When he meets Cassandra he asks, "Find anything?"
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-18 at 10:46 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"I thought I found a pokeball, but it was an angry pokemon," Cassandra replies to the ninja, shaking her hand. "Reks scared it off though. You find anything cool?"

20. - Top - End - #350

AssassinGuy

Ken clips the ball to his belt and walks back to his friends. "So I just found a Cubone! Not what I was expecting but the little guy looked like he was about to starve. Couldn't leave him there. Really would be nice if it were a fire type." Ken lets out a laugh. "All the same though, cool Pokémon! An angry pokeball? Are you ok?" A concerned look passes Ken's face.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-01-18 at 10:53 PM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"I'm fine. Just gave me a little shock is all."

Cassandra adjusts her ponytail. "Let's go guys. We have an early day ahead of us. It'll be nice to sleep in a bed tonight."

22. - Top - End - #352

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    "I thought I found a pokeball, but it was an angry pokemon," Cassandra replies to the ninja, shaking her hand. "Reks scared it off though. You find anything cool?"
    "A pokeball pokemon? I've heard about that but I've never seen one myself." A brief laugh. "Reks has ta tendency to do that it seems."

He crosses his arms and shakes his head, Kasumi mimicking the ninja boy as he continues, "No dice. Turns out that Pikachu was really an Abra! Go figure..."

"A Cubone? That's the pokemon that wears a skull right? Fire type or not I think that it could be a strong partner once you get it checked out at the Pokemon Center. Speaking of which, we should probably get goin'." His catching the last traces of light that peek out from the horizon.

OOC: Cassandra has an opportunity to grab a ghost it looks like?
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-18 at 11:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

OOC:

Kasumi gains 1 exp for running off an angry abra.

Reks gets 3 exp for running off an angry voltorb

Ken gains a trainer exp for catching cubone
    Spoiler: Ken only
    Show

When Cubone evolves into Marowak, The gristle club will Badly Poison targets on any crit, and change the current gristle club to poison on any crit as well

24. - Top - End - #354

AssassinGuy

"An Abra? Wow, those move pretty fast. Yep that's the one with a skull! It'll be a nice addition, just gotta get it really well fed."

Ken straightens his gloves and bag as the three head to the Pokémon Center. "Yeah it's definitely time to turn in, and a bed will be very welcome!" Ken laughs.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-01-18 at 11:16 PM.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ken, Tyson, and Cassandra:

You arrive at the pokemon center without incident. Night has fallen, but there is still enough light pollution to see by... well, at least out in the streets, the alleyways and parks have become inky black pits, like the artist forgot to color them in.

a purple sphere a little larger than a basketball is floating around the pokemon center plaza. a pale marking on it's ventral surface sketches something similar to a set of crossed bones under a circle.

EDIT: if you wish to ignore the pokemon, simply narrate your own entrance into the pokemon center.
    Last edited by big teej; 2017-01-18 at 11:13 PM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Pokemon Edu on the floating Pokemon: 11

Upon realizing that that isn't a Gastly, Cassandra quietly passes by it. When she enters the Center, she'll set Reks, her new Honedge, and Raum's pokeballs in the tray. "Thank you nurse," she says with a smile.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2017-01-18 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Realized it Wasn'Gastly

27. - Top - End - #357

AssassinGuy

"Is that.... a floating basketball?" Ken takes out his pokedex to scan the purple basketball. "May as well go around it." Ken walks past it to the center.

When they arrive at the center, Ken will take the Cubone up to the Nurse on duty. "Could I please get a check up for this Cubone? Poor thing was starving. Thank you mam!" Ken places the Cubone's new pokeball in the tray on the counter when or if it is offered.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-01-18 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Misread the last posts!

28. - Top - End - #358

NinjaGuy

"Yo! That's a Koffing!" Tyson says confidently as he uses his pokedex to register the pokemon. "It's a common sight at the Fuchsia City Gym.

"I'd keep my distance if you don't wanna get poisoned. Those things are filled with poisonous gas and have a fondness for explosions."

After casually skirting around the Koffing's effective blast radius, Tyson enters the Center and makes his way over to the front desk and speaks to the nurse.

"Told ya I'd be back. And this time none of my pokemon are hurt. Not a single scratch!"

Kasumi mimics Tyson's usual mock salute.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-18 at 11:43 PM.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Cassandra:

The Nurse turns and hands the tray off to the egg-shaped pink pokemon that's been present every time you've visited. "Not a problem!" she says to you.

Ken:
    "Sure thing! it'll take longer to process though, if that's okay." She turns and hands the tray off to the assistant pokemon.

Tyson:
    "That's great to hear! keep up the good work!"

Spoiler: Anybody who scanned the 'basketball'
    Show

PING!

Originally posted by Pokedex
    Koffing, the Poison Gas Pokémon, it overs through the air thanks to the poisonous gases it contains.

Party:

After turning your pokemon over to the assistant pokemon. Nurse Joy asks you all. "It's pretty late, will you all be staying here tonight?" She points towards the glass doors on the right wall of the pokemon center. "Official Pokemon League trainers are allowed to use the hostel at any Pokemon Center free of charge. This facility has beds for over 60 trainers, although to be perfectly honest we rarely see more than a handful except during the week after The Festival of Colors*." Nurse Joy shrugs and continues. "besides bed-space, there's a restroom that contains a bloc of shower cubicles, and there's a few chairs in two corners if you wanna watch the news or something."

She nods. "Oh, right, you can either stay up another few hours while your pokemon are healed, or you can pick them up in the morning, just sign here." she slides a clipboard across the desk if you need it.

"if you have any questions just ask!"

Spoiler: Anyone entering the hostel
    Show

The place is practically deserted, almost eerily so. Several rows of bunk beds extend from wall to wall. the vast majority are empty.

A man in a green tank and black shorts emerges from a hallway on the right wall, he's got bright, almost white-blonde spiked hair. He throws a damp towel into a nearby hamper and retreats to the back right corner of the room, where a girl in a black and white camo cargo pants and a black vest is sitting next to two duffel bags.

on the left side of the room, hidden under a rumpled blanket is a snoring form.

above the hallway is a blue placard with a shower and restroom symbol sketched out in white, along with a coed symbol.

*The official name of the bi-annual ceremony when Prof. Oak invites new trainers to pallet to receive a starter pokemon and a pokedex... whoever came up with the term claims 1 Trainer Exp. This name will remain in place until somebody comes up with something better.

OOC: Fitting, perhaps, that our character's bright new day shall coincide with our own. That's all for tonight kids.

30. - Top - End - #360

AssassinGuy

"Thank you very much Nurse Joy!" Ken signs his name on the slip and enters the hostile area.

"Last chance till Pewter City probably," the thought escapes his mind once again being voiced. This time it was something he had meant to say aloud. "May as well shower while we can!"

Ken re-emerges in the same pants but with a slightly darker black shirt. "I'll sew up the holes next time in my other one. Time for some well deserved rest, and again thanks for letting me tag along!" He lets loose a wide ear to ear grin to Cassandra and Tyson. Jumping into a top bunk, Ken places his bag close to his head, and calls Zippo back into his ball for the night. "Goodnight guys!"