New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

"Alright Raum. One more time!" Cassandra calls out to the dog.

The Houndour once again readies the liquid fire in his mouth. The ball of flames he spits barely connects, but it's enough.

Spoiler: Rolls and Such
    Show
    Raum uses Ember!
    To Hit: 5, AC 2
    Damage: 23 minus Special Defense.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Party:

The Murkrow attempting to flee from Cassandra and Raum is overwhelmed by the spitball of flame crashing into it's chest, it topples over into the rubble, smouldering.

Needle's incessant buck-toothed pecking finally does the trick, the last murkrow squawks in panic, looking around and seeing it's the last one.

OOC: Ken and Raum can make an AoO struggle, otherwise the final murkrow flees the battle.

the echoes of the struggle fade away into the surrounding alleys, and the same eerie quiet descends upon the rubble of Giovanni's gym once more.

Oak's assistant appears on top of one of the walls, a tape measure in one hand, notepad in the other, and muttering to himself. Most of the rubble shows various indications of.... , interesting.... the blast radius is far in excess of... this is truly fascinating... nothing like this in the original reports... easily reaching temperatures of.... but nothing fits there, it's simply missing.... He does not seem to have noticed the skirmish.

Spoiler: EXP!
    Show

each trainer gains 31 XP to divide among their participating pokemon in any manner they wish.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Needle that was awesome!" Ken exclaims as he picks up the Nidoran, being careful of the spines. "We need to get Zippo taken care of though real quick. you deserve a good rest." Needle appears to be enjoying the time out of the Pokeball, opting to stay out while Ken tends to Zippo. He gives Needle a potion to bring up his health some more.

Turning around to face his new friends. "Are you guys alright? I'm sorry about that!" He places his knife back in the sheath behind his back. "I'm going to go back to the Pokemon Center and have Zippo taken care of." Ken waits to make sure everyone is in one piece before heading back to the center.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Cassandra looks longingly at the spot she last saw the Gastly. She sighs, and pets both Raum and Reks. "You guys did a great job."

They follow her over to the newest addition of their group. "Are you okay Ken?"? She asks. "Just don't... do that again," she says with a small smile. "Raum needs healing too, and I'm sure Tyson's Zorua does as well. It would be a little crazy to go into Viridian Forest with injured pokemon."

5. - Top - End - #245

AssassinGuy

"Yeah I'm good, now I know why most people leave Murkrow alone." Ken looks around to make sure they flew off. "Oh this is Needle! Not as big as Reks but still tough." He smiles towards the Nidoran.

Needle keeps a watch over the trainers, and looks at Reks. "Maybe these two were part of a pack?" Ken muses. "And promise. Yeah the forest is going to be crazy as is."

On the walk back to the Center, Ken will ask his friends, "So any specific Pokemon you guys interested in finding?" Needle keeps right beside Ken the entire walk until he has to return to his Pokeball for healing.

6. - Top - End - #246

NinjaGuy

As the last Murkrow takes off Tyson looses a sigh as he resheathes the ninjato and places it back into his bag. "That was unexpected..."

Zorua growls as it watches the black bird flies away. It's eyes fixed on the sky. "Easy now little guy, they won't be bothering us any time soon.", he reassures the fox. I think. "You did great for your first fight!"

Tyson takes several steps and picks up his Zorua, nuzzling it, receiving several licks in return. "Let's get you patched up 'kay?" He walks over to his hat and places it back onto his head.

When he hears Ken call out he responds, "Yeah! We're alright. How are you guys holdin' up?"

Overhearing the muttering of Oak's Aide, Tyson will call out. "Yo! You on the wall! Yeah you! How long have you been there?" his tone more curious than angry.

OOC: The assistant's response will determine my next course of action.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-08 at 07:25 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Tyson:

The guy in the lab coat stops scribbling and turns to face you, the sun catches his glasses and makes them opaque. He frowns and hoists up his sleeve and consults his watch. "Elapsed time of studies, closest approximation of course, is.... Nine minutes, 37 seconds... I have likely tarried here long enough, I informed my colleague, err, companion, that this would not be a delay. He sighs. "perhaps later."

The notepad and the tape measure disappear and the boy hangs and drops into the rubble. He lands and crumples onto his keester. oof... not as easy as they make it appear.

He doesn't seem any worse for wear, he picks himself up and dusts himself off, puts his hands in his pockets, and saunters across the rubble pile towards the gate.

8. - Top - End - #248

NinjaGuy

Tyson looks on in confusion, his Zorua's head tilted in a state of curiosity. The two look on as the... scientist? Yeah, scientist, descends from the falling as he does so.

Who is this guy? He looks... familiar?

"Hey, don't just walk away! I'm not finished yet!"

He quickly moves across the debris to cutting the scientist off. Tyson now stands a few yards away from the man. "So you're telling me you've been here for ten minutes and didn't even bother to help when the Murkrow attacked?"

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Cassandra and Ken:

Reks glares at the smaller nidoran, it's quills raising and oozing a treacly purple sludge.

Needle shifts slightly, placing Ken's leg between him and the bully.

Tyson:

He looks at you, a confused expression screwing up his features. "As I'd just explained, I was busy studying the remains of the gym, unless sufficiently provoked, murkrow pose little threat to humans, and most importantly, I had no meaningful way of coming to your assistance. Now if you'll excuse me, I see my colleague is in the process of acquiring a new specimen, and I would be lax in my duties not to give such a malnourished creature a proper examination."

He attempts to go around you, his expression and posture have not changed.

10. - Top - End - #250

AssassinGuy

Watching the two Nidoran, Ken kneels down to pat Needle's head. "Oh yeah they look like they know each other. It's ok buddy, they're friends now." He looks over at Cassandra, Reks, and Raum. "Well those two are really nice and friendly." He says with a smile pointing at the Oracle and devil dog.

Hearing Tyson arguing with someone, Ken will walk over. "Not this guy's fault, I stirred them up without thinking. This is on me." Ken looks down at Zippo's cherish ball then back up. "I'm sorry for that."

Ken looks at the scientist. "Are you alright?"

11. - Top - End - #251

NinjaGuy

"Right..." his eyes, narrow a bit. "Sorry for wasting your time."

He lets the scientist pass and looks around the surrounding area before his eyes land on a woman with bright colored hair petting who seems to be busy petting a pokemon. A bit small for a meowth... wrong color too. Either way that must be who he's talkin' about.

"Hey, didn't happen to see a yellow pokemon around here while you were studying did ya? Had a brown stripe on it's tail. That's all I saw before it took off."

When Ken walks over to join Tyson replies, "Not your fault. I probably would've done the same thing." he laughs and his mood immediately lightens.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ken and Tyson:

Spoiler: Perception 10
    Show

Lab-Coat guy has not one, but 2 pokeballs on his belt.

The lab-coat guy blinks at you and then looks down at himself, opening up his lab coat. He twists back and forth "Why? do I appear injured?"

Tyson's question gives him pause. He shakes his head. "No, I did not observe any pokemon on the other side of the wall, but I heard the hyper-pitched rush of air sometimes indicative of an instantaneously displaced object." He pauses and looks at the both of you. "you know, like a thunderclap." he clears his throat and points to the wall he wasn't climbing on. "I believe I heard it from behind there. I didn't feel the need to investigate, the opportunities here." He gestures at the ruins as a whole, "were far more stimulating."

He walks back over to the gate.

13. - Top - End - #253

AssassinGuy

Ken looks at the scientist. "No, you don't. Just wanted to make sure." Ken waves as the scientist walks away. He notices the multicolored hair of the woman still at the gate. He turns to Tyson and whispers, "Still a better match than me and Lucy."

Ken lets out a laugh. "Glad to know I'm not the only one that gets fired up for a fight!" After he stops laughing, "Well, now I know to be wary of Murkrow." He looks down at the Zorua. "Black really is your color little guy! Sounds like an electric type from the thunderclap description."

14. - Top - End - #254

NinjaGuy

"..." Tyson stares blankly as the scientist explains. When he likens it to a "thunderclap" Tyson's face lights up. "Got it. Thanks for the help." He watches as the man walks away.

Tyson stifles a laugh Ken's comment but his face betrays him. "You think so?"

Zorua lets out an excited bark. "I thought so too. I think I'll look for it as we take our tour of Viridian. After we visit the Pokemon Center of course. An electric type would be strong against Murkrow and Spearow."

Fast Forward to the conversation on the way to the Pokemon Center

"If the trip here from Pallet was a challenge I can only imagine how difficult traversing Viridian Forest will be." He thinks aloud while looking into the distance.

At the mention of pokemon they're interested in catching Tyson replies, "I'm not really looking for any type of pokemon in particular. If I like it, I'll catch it. That's how I caught this one". He plays with the foxes hair.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lys arches her eyebrow as she sees Elliot doing some sort of semblance of conversing with some kids.

"Well. They were in a hurry," she absent mindedly scratches the gleaming right eye of a Luxray tattoo peering through the slats of her style torn shirt.

"Found what you were looking for?"

She half considered adding a babysitting joke. Wasn't worth the effort.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

On the way back to the Pokemon Center

Cassandra is faily quiet on the way back, until Ken asks about what they'd like to catch. "I think I'd like to follow in my grandparent's footsteps and find a couple of Ghost-types. My grandma has a Gangar, and my grandpa has an Aegislash. Maybe I'll try to find something different."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Lysandra:

Elliot nods "it proved quite illuminating, I might have to come back at some point and confirm a few hypotheses, in the interim, I am satisfied, mostly, with finding information not contained in the after-action reports.

He gestures to the purrloin nuzzling against your leg. "do you intend to take this creature with us? It seems an unusually robust specimen, despite it's obvious undernourishment. Did you wish to examine the ruins of the gym yourself? or is seeing the faded glory of a would-be tyrant sufficient?"

Party:

You arrive back at the pokemon center without incident. When the twin nurses on duty at the main desk see your torn and shredded clothing, their jaws drop in alarm.

"By Arceus!"
    "What happened?"
    "you just left?"
    "Is everyone okay?"
    "are your pokemon injured?"
    "what happened?"

the barrage of questions and your appearence get the attention of the handful of other trainers in the center, one was being helped by the girls - a lanky fellow with a broad-brimmed wicker hat, the other four, dressed in bog-standard hiking gear, are sat over in the waiting area.

18. - Top - End - #258

AssassinGuy

Ken tells the nurses about the Murkrow, taking full responsibility for stirring up the flock. "We could use some help with our Pokémon. My Cyndaquil really needs treatment please." Ken hands over Needle and Zippo's pokeballs. "My third didn't take part. Thank you mam, and I'm sorry for the trouble. They said they were fine but we should all probably get checked."

Ken turns back to his new friends. "Again, I'm really sorry guys. This won't happen again..." his voice trails off. "I'm going to go change shirts real quick."

When he returns Ken will have taken his off his vest and stuffed it in his bag. "I don't deserve to wear this emblem just yet..."

OOC: Zippo has 4 injuries and Needle has 1.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-01-09 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Injury count

19. - Top - End - #259

NinjaGuy

"Always been a fan of Gengar, but I've never heard of Aegislash. What's that pokemon like?" Tyson asks Cassandra.

After arriving at the Pokemon Center...

"Yeah, we're fine..." Tyson looks from Ken to Cassandra then recalls the flock of Spearow. "Could've been worse but we made it."

He recalls Zorua into it's pokeball and hands it over with the rest of his team.

OOC: Kasumi has 1 injury, Pidove has 2, Buneary has 2, Zorua has 2, and Croagunk has 2.

"I probably should've had my pokemon healed earlier honestly. And don't be so hard on yourself, we're all okay now right? That's all that matters in the end." he says reassuringly.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-10 at 03:00 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"Aegislash is ghost-steel type," Cassandra says. "It's basically a sword and a shield. They're really cool. I'm really hoping we come across one of it's previous evolutions sometime soon."

She'll set her Nidoran's pokeball on the counter. "Raum only has a few scratches, so he should be fine in a couple hours. Do we want to wait here for our Pokemon to be healed, or do we want explore more of Viridian?" the Oracle asks her two companions.

OOC: Reks has two injuries

21. - Top - End - #261

AssassinGuy

"A Ghost and Steel type? Ok sword and shield sounds awesome!" Ken looks excited hearing about the Aegislash. "One could show up at anytime, since it is a ghost. Probably would be in a weapons shop of all places." Ken chuckles, trying to lighten the mood.

He turns to Tyson. "Yeah, I know what you mean. I'll put it back on in a bit just getting comfortable for the wait." He looks at the lone basic ball on his belt. "Actually if I take it off and act this way, it'll help with the illusion of us being sent by gym leaders." He lets out a loud laugh.

"It may be better to wait just in case. At least I had planned on it." Ken lets out a wide smile. "Just not used to my buddy not being around. Doesn't feel right ya know?" He lets himself relax and go back to the usual happy go lucky appearance. "What do you two prefer? Actually we should probably exchange numbers real quick. Just incase we ever get separated."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Roguewolf View Post
    "Actually if I take it off and act this way, it'll help with the illusion of us being sent by gym leaders." He lets out a loud laugh.
    "...I'm not comfortable with this. Impersonating League officials is veeeeery illegal," Cassandra says, pulling the boys to the side. "I thought that was a one time thing, Tyson. Ya know, an 'I'm about to get my butt kicked' kinda lie."

Once she gets an answer from her partners, she'll setting down to wait in the room with the four other trainers.

23. - Top - End - #263

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    "...I'm not comfortable with this. Impersonating League officials is veeeeery illegal," Cassandra says, pulling the boys to the side. "I thought that was a one time thing, Tyson. Ya know, an 'I'm about to get my butt kicked' kinda lie."
    "That's true, sorry about that. Was just poking some fun at Tyson." Ken scratches the back of his head. "Guess my timing could use work on jokes." Ken thinks for a moment. "Actually yeah that wasn't something to even joke about. Damn, Blaine makes jokes and puns look so easy." Ken thinks about what he had said. "Actually meant to say now I won't look like some official."
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-01-10 at 09:56 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Party:

One of the nurses provides each of you with a tray with 6 slots for pokeballs, after you've deposited your team, she hands them off to a large, egg shaped, pink pokemon wearing an apron and a nurse's hat. The pokemon slides the tray into a tiered cart and then wheels it into the back of the center.

The nurse asks you to wait a few moments while an initial diagnostic is run on your teams. Her eyes widen at how heavily injured your teams are.

Ken:
    "Your Nidoran will be fighting fit in an hour... but I'm afraid that your poor Cyndiquil has sustained more injuries than we can cure it of in a single day. we'll do what we can, and we can return it to you in three hours... or we can keep it over night and return it to you this time tomorrow in perfect health."

Cassandra:
    the nurse chuckles "does everyone in your group have a Nidoran? He should be fighting fit in an hour and a half."

Tyson:
    the nurse hears your comment about not healing them sooner, and a frown creases her features. "how come you waited? you were in here earlier for registration, cutting line on people who were keeping their pokemon fighting fit, why didn't you take care of it then?" she huffs and says "your team will be ready in an hour and a half, there shouldn't be any complications."

she noticeably brightens and says "in the future, take more proactive care of your team, they'll do the same for you, and you'll avoid long term convalescence."

Party:
    "The Pokemon League will absorb the cost of healing your pokemon, if you want to wait here for them to be healed we have a waiting area over there, or you can wait in the hostel if you wanna catch a nap." the nurse says cheerfully. "Please remember that, except in case of emergencies, trainers should refrain from having pokemon out in the pokemon center.... do you need anything else?"

25. - Top - End - #265

AssassinGuy

Ken smiles at the nurse. "Thank you mam! Umm I think I'll take care of the other injury if that's ok. I'll make sure he doesn't do any battling until it heals."

Ken turns to his friends. "Ok so maybe trying to be funny isn't for me. Either the wording or timing gets wrong." He looks around at the other trainers in the waiting area. "Should probably eat while we can...." Its not even really a statement directed at anyone, it's more of a thought that seems to have left his head without being conscious of it. The rush and seriousness from the previous day's trips seems to make a reappearance in his mind. Ken shakes his head at the thought and pulls out a part of his rations while taking a seat in the waiting room near Tyson and Cassandra.

While sitting and waiting, Ken contemplates why he feels the need to try and be funny, even though it blows up in his face. "You know," he starts to say in a low tone towards his new friends, "I thought that to surpass Blaine I would have to be like him. But if I do that then I'll be just like him and then it wouldn't be surpassing his own prowess as a Fire type trainer." Ken suddenly has a serious look on his face mixed with a smile. The next thought is half conscious. "I have to do this with my own new flame, rather than using old fire." Everything after that seems to be purely out loud thought. "I'll still find Moltres.... That would just be amazing."

Turning back towards Tyson and Cassandra. "What are your goals if I may?"

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    Party:
    "The Pokemon League will absorb the cost of healing your pokemon, if you want to wait here for them to be healed we have a waiting area over there, or you can wait in the hostel if you wanna catch a nap." the nurse says cheerfully. "Please remember that, except in case of emergencies, trainers should refrain from having pokemon out in the pokemon center.... do you need anything else?"
    "Oh, will you check out this egg for me? I found it floating along the river and I've been trying to keep it warm, but I think I should probably get a professional opinion." Cassandra offers the red and black egg to one of the nurses.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguewolf View Post

Turning back towards Tyson and Cassandra. "What are your goals if I may?"
    "My goals? Hmm... I wanted to get out and travel and see the world. I've already seen more in the trip from Lavender to Pallet and then here then I have in my entire life, but there's so much more to see. My second goal is to be worthy of my grandparent's legacy." She nods firmly and her eyes get distant.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Cassandra:

"Oh sure thing." The nurse says, holding her hands out for the egg. "I'm sure it's--Oh Geeze!" She obviously wasn't ready for how heavy the egg was... in fairness to her, it seems a lot heavier now than when you pulled it out of the river. "ahem. well, uh, yeah, you said you pulled it out of a river? I think checking it out is a good idea, we'll have a look at it. We don't have any breeders on staff, but we can do a basic check-up for you."

The nurse turns to the pink, giant egg shaped pokemon again and carefully instructs it to handle the egg with care. You're not entirely sure, but you'd could've sworn that the pokemon rolled it's eyes at the nurse. your egg is quickly enveloped in a pouch in the pokemon's stomach and it waddles away, humming.

The nurse turns back to you "A full diagnostic shouldn't take more than half an hour, but if you just want a health check-up, we can take care of that in about ten minutes."

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"Thank you," Cassandra says with a huge smile at the nurse. "We're going to be here for a while, so I wouldn't mind the full diagnostic."
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2017-01-11 at 01:10 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269

NinjaGuy

"A Ghost and Steel type sword and shield pokemon? Sounds formidable, so now you gotta catch one! I wanna see it!"

After reaching the Pokemon Center

When Cassandra pulls the boys aside Tyson replies, "I don't think I was in any danger of getting beat down in the middle of the Pokemon Center, there was no way that guy was going to get out of line anyway. And yeah, that was just a one time thing. I could've believed it if I were him." Tyson's smirk quickly falls flat as he continues, "But you're right. I didn't even consider the legal repercussions of my lie if I was caught... I'll try not to stir up too much trouble in the future." a slight smile returns to his face.

In response to the nurse

Tyson takes his scolding in stride. "I thought that since I already cut those people off to ask a question I'd rather not make them even more angry by using up your time before them too. I mean they were actually waiting in line for a while it seemed." He words seem sincere.

"Thank you nurse..." a quick pause as Tyson looks for a name tag. "Sorry, I never caught your name. But I'll make sure to follow your advice from now on. You're a professional after all."

Tyson removes his hat as he sits with Cassandra and Ken, closely inspecting it for any damage or dirt. After passing inspection the hat is place on top of his head once more it's customary backward position. He listens to Ken and at the mention of food he begins to eat a few rations of his own. Not a bad idea."I'm a bit hungry now that you mention it."

As Ken continues Tyson listens closely. "Makes sense now, the love of fire types and all. I think you're right. If you're gonna surpass Blaine then you've gotta do it in your own way." He raises an eyebrow. "Moltres? As in the legendary bird Moltres?"

After Cassandra speaks Tyson adds, "You're right. We've already seen a lot and we only just started our adventure. I'm looking forward to Viridian Forest. Your grandparent's legacy?"

Tyson thinks for a moment when asked about his goal. "When I first set off I didn't really have a goal in mind. To be honest I still don't..." he shakes his head. "For now I think I just want to see how far I can go, ya know? There are a lot of trainers out there and the thought of battling them all sounds like fun. And the only way to get stronger in battle is by testing yourself against stronger opponents. The way I see it, this league challenge is exactly what I need to do just that." he finishes by taking a bite out of granola bar.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Cassandra:

The nurse smiles "Right away!" and types into the computer.

Tyson:

The nurse looks down and sees that she's missing a name tag. "Oh... I should really get that replaced." She looks back at you "I'm Nurse Joy, my family has staffed Official Pokemon League Pokemon Centers for years. it's..." she rolls her eyes. "it's a family tradition... Gaudina Joy, the Family Matriarch years and years back, went around establishing hospitals and care centers for pokemon all over the region, she insisted to the family and her employees that they should... ugh. 'Find Joy in every pokemon center! A place of healing and love!" she sighs. "it's... stuck."

Party:

Spoiler: Occult Edu: Ken 5, Party 14 to Open
    Show

Supposedly, Moltres itself lives in the heart of the biggest Volcano on Cinnabar Island, and bestows a blessing on those who make a pilgrimage to find it... those that aren't cooked alive that is.

Spoiler: Seperate check Occult Edu TN 14 for everybody
    Show

you've heard tell that most of the trainers who actually venture up into the volcanic mountains looking for Moltres either returned quickly, openly claiming that they gave up when they saw how hard it was going to be. Of the ones that didn't return quickly, each trainer has returned fundamentally changed, exhibiting a greater propensity to Fire types than is generally acknowledged as possible... or never returned at all.

Last edited by big teej; 2017-01-11 at 02:53 PM.